[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nitpick Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 38

Coords that are not quite right.

This girl needs to get different shoes.
>>
>>9480397
>>
>>9480398
>>
>>9480400
>>
Do you actually expect people to get so many shoes and stuff to make every coord perfect or do you realise everyone is going to ignore this type of concrit?
>>
>>9480397

Not tryna white knight but she borrowed that whole coord, no shit she's not gonna own shoes that match a dress she doesn't own
>>
>>9480401
That non-fitting, distinctly non-lolita blouse really needs to go. I think casual lolita is great, but there's better options out there even for normie blouses. Also, that necklace?
>>
>>9480437
You should at least have shoes in neutral colors, like black and brown. Black shoes would have been fine. Stop getting so triggered
>>
>>9480437
> Do you actually expect people to get so many shoes and stuff to make every coord perfect

well yeah. isn't that the point of being into fashion? wear great looking outfits? having fun coordinating with the goal of making yourself look the best you can? if you don't want to own/buy a lot of stuff you can always use less, but more versatile pieces. why even wear lolita if you don't want to make an effort? why not wear normcore or athleisure?

i just really don't understand people who don't want to improve. like what are their goals in life desu

sorry for blogpost
>>
>>9480437
Even my normie friends easily have 20+ pairs of shoes and mine are mostly elegant normie shoes.
So yeah, that's actually pretty easy.

Also, you can simple manage your wardrobe to work with one or two colors. All of my dresses match either, brown, red or black.
>>
>>9480459
No, for some of us the point is self expression. People do what they can without owning 10 different boleros. Of course I also want to look perfect, but I don't get the all or nothing attitude. I'd never dress like a normie unless it's for work.
>>
>>9480490
No, lolita is a fashion and will be treated as such.
Also, it's not our fault your wardrobe isn't cohesive. Buy pieces that are versatile and match and you can express yourself all you want and look good.
>>
>>9480437
An average lolita usually have few dominant colors in their wardrobe so unless yours is all over the place you can manage with few pairs. I only have pink, black and white shoes mostly so teorithically I could manage with three pairs. And I only have two dresses that absolutely require black so if I didn't have them I would only need two pairs. And if ~60$ is going to make you broke maybe consider if there is something more important to use the lolita money on or actually plan your wardrobe smartly so you only have to get one pair.
>>
>>9480491
>>9480512
So there's nothing to nitpick about your coords ever? And if there is, you just give up on wearing it altogether? I have neutral shoes, bags etc. And a lot of solid pieces, but I can nearly always find something that could be even better with something new.
>>
File: IMG_1228.jpg (398KB, 1440x1995px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1228.jpg
398KB, 1440x1995px
The shoe color is jarring and that hair.... really? She was a guest of honor. This is border line ita
>>
>>9480490
where did i say that wanting to improve and look great excludes self expression?

what kind of thought, idea or message does this coord even express? "i want to look meh today and I'm fine with it"? great self expression desu
The reasonable answer would be "I want to look beautiful and elegant today but for x reason i don't look as good I can so I'll take suggestions from others"

PS if you're poor you should really consider the "less, but versatile items" option
>>
>>9480517
For one, a boring coord doesn't equal nitpick. A nitpick is something really standing out that doesn't match. It's not just about finding a more interesting blouse or shoe, but it's about that one thing that doesn't match at all and somehow ruining the coord. Like >>9480397 was trying to pick up the pink in the print, but choose a pink that was way to light, shoes that were shaped was too sweet and didn't balance the pink color at all. It ruins the whole look.

Also,my experimental coords will never get posted to my insta or CoF. I know not to post outfits I'm not satisfied with. If it's out there it's okay to point out what can be improved.
>>
>>9480437
I think if your wardrobe is going to be really diverse in color, you do need to own more than just white, black or brown shoes. I only have some blues in my wardrobe, but even I've had to grab some red taobao shoes, the opposite of what I normally wear, just because there were red accents in some.
>>
>>9480526
Looks like she was just using her natural hair. Maybe she could've done a wig or a more minty coord, but this is far from ita.
>>
File: 1494934583563.jpg (458KB, 1440x1995px) Image search: [Google]
1494934583563.jpg
458KB, 1440x1995px
>>9480526
I think the shoes are just fine. It's just this awful green haircolor that she forces into her coords.
>>
>>9480546
I take back what I said about the shoes. The color looked different on my phone. The wig comment still stands
>>
>>9480490
You sound like an ita
>>
File: IMG_3900.jpg (695KB, 1638x2047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3900.jpg
695KB, 1638x2047px
This girl is so cute and I like a lot of her coords, but HER UGLY SHOES (and tights/socks generally) ALWAYS RUIN THE WHOLE THING. Damnit girl, please try a little bit harder. Or at least post cropped photos.
>>
her bra is so distracting
>>
>>9480635
Better than saggy tits here >>9480400
>>
>>9480594
>So cute
Not trying to be a cunt, but nah man. She could look a lot better though. The wig color, choice of frames, and lack of makeup aren't doing her favors.
>>
>>9480517
Yes it is, but what it really has to do with getting shoes suited to your wardrobe? Also, I actually appreciate people to take their time to help me to improve even in the smallest things. If it's something I don't agree with I still accept it but move on and do me.
>>
>>9480437
So the thing about cgl is that if you don't respond to posts about you, it doesn't turn into a big deal. If you ignore it, it peters out pretty quickly. You're only calling attention to yourself by replying.
>>
>>9480400
This belongs in the ita thread in my opinion. The dress being burando doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>9481117
Firstly this comment is pretty weird considering I obviously stopped replying here >>9480517, secondly I haven't posted my coords anywhere in over a year.
>>
>>9481155
This is not how you whiteknight yourself.
>>
>>9481156
Pls stop trying to ruin that girls reputation, she's not here. My original comment isn't even about her, I was just whining about nitpick threads in general.
>>
>>9481162
I don't even know who we are supposedly talking about so how can I be "ruining a reputation"? Sorry you don't have enough sense to not whiteknight your friend on cgl.
>>
>>9481164
Then who am I whiteknighting? I thought it was about the shoes lol. I'm giving up on this conversation.
>>
>>9481169
>this level of autism
>>
>>9480635
pretty sure it's a bustier, anon
>>
>>9480546
Her dress has green on it, but even if it didn't, the pink of her dress "goes" with the green of her hair even if it doesn't "match" it. The hair color you picked is honestly a step back.
>>
>>9481362

That's one hell of an ita way to think about coordinates, holy shit.
>>
>>9481362
I agree, the green is warm and soft, as it's fading now, and thus matches the temperature of the pinks.
>>
>>9481362
It's just hair why is cgl having a shitfit
>>
File: IMG_0525.png (512KB, 461x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.png
512KB, 461x463px
>>9481390
Because it's cgl?
>>
>>9480401
That's a very, very weird angle for her face...
>>
>>9481473
Damn. You're right. If gulls couldn't squawk over Lor's and Batty's hair colors, I guess they'd just explode because I hear about it at least once a thread.
>>
>>9481379
That's reasoning that applies to every single type of fashion, including lolita. Things don't have to be the exact same shade and color to look good together. Some people actually know how to play with color and are stylish enough to put together good coords without a bullshit set of strict rules, sorry you're not one of them.
>>
>>9481628
To be fair, Batty's hair clashes with her coords in the most awful way. It'd be fine if she wore dresses in colors that complemented whatever dye she's currently sporting. From what I've seen of Lor, she's been wearing her green hair with those pinks that go well with it so she looks fine.
>>
>>9481647
Eh, I just kind of feel like hair is hair. I more so care about whether it's clean/styled than what color it is, if that makes sense.
I guess that's why this is the nitpick thread though! To each their own. I just feel that as long as it's taken care of, that colorful hair in lolita just isn't a huge deal like people make it out to be.
>>
>>9481362
Replacing green hair with literally anything is always a step forward.
>>
>>9481643

>Some people actually know how to play with color

Yes, and this is not a good example of that.
>>
>>9481362
>>9481380
So what kind of drugs are you on, anon???
>>
>>9481643
I fucking bet you are >>9480517 and even if you are not you two could invent yourselves out of this fashion. Be as cheap, creative and what not but you don't have to force the final product to lolitas.
>>
>>9481866
This can't be said enough. I can't believe people are defending Lors washed out snot green hair.
>>
>>9481872
>>9481912
i think green hair could go well with her coord but her hair just looks washed out and weird in this pic desu...
>>
>>9480526
Jfc if you're gonna dye your hair a weird color, use fucking wigs when you wear lolita. That shade of green doesn't go with any form of Lolita except punk.
>>
>>9480401
This is obviously a casual coord, lol. I'm guessing it's just because it's so damn hot out. My comm is going to have a meet for berry picking, and I'm sure we all won't be looking our berry best.
>>
File: IMG_3411.jpg (151KB, 750x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3411.jpg
151KB, 750x949px
I thought this was cute, minus the hot pink, non-matching coat/cardigan until I saw the collar... I know it's a cat print and that's supposed to be a "cat bell" but all I can think is fetish/petplay...
>>
>>9482225
So now everything pink ageplay? JFC you people.
>>
>>9482255
Are you retarded? Collars/cat bells are ageplay. Nowhere did anyone say pink was ageplay.
>>
>>9482255
She's wearing a fucking cat collar with a bell on it anon
>>
>>9480400
Worser than murder
>>
>>
>>9480401
This is ita
>inb4 it's a berry picking meet/it's hot
Don't wear lolita if it's too hot to do it correctly without having a heat stroke, don't plan retarded outdoor activities for meets where brand can get easily dirty/ruined
>>
>>9482486
Holy shit I love this so much except for that scarf. Why would she do this?
>>
>>9481647
Batty's hair never works with Lolita because of its style most of the time. I think if she actually styled it in any thing but that typical bob or pigtail thing her hair wouldn't look as bad. But the colors she wears just never work with what outfit she's wearing. You can't have pink and purple hair with a all blue outfit and expect it to work.
>>
>>9482265
Not that anon but objects are not ageplay
>>
>>9482265

Okay? I could see calling it petplay but cat collars don't really scream ageplay necessarily.
>>
>>9482500
What about pacifiers dude? A cat collar definitely isn't ageplay but some objects definitely are.
>>
>>9480594
>painted brows
>>
>>9481889
Nobody's forcing anything on anybody. And how is having a good eye and a willingness to experiment =/= being cheap? You sound boring.
>>
>>9482530
>=*
My mind was on a different wavelength than my fingers.
>>
>>9482486

I get what she was trying to do with the eyebrows but the combo of the just too short bangs with those half caterpillar eyebrows is making my head hurt.
>>
>>9482486
Dress sauce?
>>
>>9482497
I think she needs makeup and a different hairstyle too desu. And to either take off her glasses for photos or find new ones, those are really unflattering
>>
File: IMG_3431.jpg (79KB, 687x716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
79KB, 687x716px
The shoes being too dark triggers me.
Also, this is a replica so it feels on the ita spectrum, but the coord is decent.
>>
>>9483291
That sad replica triggers me more then the shoes. Bows are so easy to make why do replicas always have the saddest, shittiest bows.
>>
>>9481330
You can see the underwire anon
>>
>>9482255
I recognize that collar from a pet play gear seller lmaoo
>>
>>9482486
I may be the odd one out here by why patterned tights AND a patterned dress? Always looks too busy and hurts my eyes
>>
>>9482490
You sound like fun to be around.
Some people want to go outside when the whether nice anon, get over it.
>>
>>9483354
Agreed, a berry-picking meet sounds cute too, especially with a casual coord. 10/10 would attend in a sleeveless blouse and skirt.
>>
>>9482490
I think the blouse is unflattering but that's a nitpick.
>>
Something about this feels very unbalanced
>>
>>9483593
I think it's just a bad pic and unflattering pose.
>>
>>9483593
She looks cute anon, I think its just the way her dress falls makes it look too white.
>>
>>9483593
>Blouse looks white
>other details are cream
I think this may be the problem.
>>
>>9483685
I own that dress in navy, it's for sure more of a cream/ivory color and not white. The lace is lighter than that front skirt part though.
>>
>>9480517
Anon if you can't handle people being nitpicky you should probably avoid these kinds of threads, you seem personally offended and the best thing to do is just leave, honestly.
>>
>>9483305
yes, an underwire bustier. the bustier is clearly black with lace. the skirt doesn't have corset lacing or grommets in front anon
>>
File: tumblr_nn2z6nye9p1up9eqno1_1280.jpg (152KB, 557x835px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2z6nye9p1up9eqno1_1280.jpg
152KB, 557x835px
I don't know should this be here or in the ita thread
>50 Shades of Red
>>
>>9482225
>I know it's a cat print and that's supposed to be a "cat bell" but all I can think is fetish/petplay...

sounds like a personal problem desu, it's not a good coord but cat prints are one of the few instances where those kinds of accessories get a pass. /cgl/ reaching to fetishize things again
>>
>>9484824
that collar is from a pet play gear web shop tho, it's not reaching to call somebody out for using legit fetish gear in a coord
>>
>>9484811
Upper part is good, but tights are to dark and shoes too light. What is this purple thing tho?
It isn't petti, right?
>>
>>9480437
Yes! If you have other colors other than neutral, then you need shoes that match! Me for example I have lots of black and brown tones in my wardrobe so naturally I have shoes in both black and brown. However, I do have pink as my dominant color so I have matching pink shoes.
>>
>>9484857
The last ruffle on that dress is sheer. It's a white petti.
>>
>>9484811
IMO the most glaring problem is that wig. She should use her real hair if it's natural colored or find a natural colored wig. Pretty much any natural color would work, except for redhead.
>>
I know it's supposed to be a strawberry but that green is super distracting
>>
File: IMG_3526.jpg (163KB, 750x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3526.jpg
163KB, 750x736px
I just really don't like the corset with this.
>>
>>9489051
I hate it when people wear corsets in lolita, it never looks good imo
>>
>>9489051
That corset is way too long. It ruins the silhouette. I could like it if it ended higher and she didn't include that sad close up of her boobs.
>>
>>9489077
Underbust corsets make your boobs look weird, they really don't belong in lolita, same with underbust cuts
>pic not related
>>
File: IMG_3410.jpg (115KB, 750x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3410.jpg
115KB, 750x752px
I wanted to post it in the ita thread but I felt like I'd get retarded comments.
milky swan girl needs: socks, a couple of accessories
nitpick: Would prefer navy shoes.

Pink Girl needs: New wig, new shoes, get rid of the gloves, a good dress ironing
Nitpick: Wish she had a pink parasol instead of white.
>>
File: IMG_3533.jpg (215KB, 750x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3533.jpg
215KB, 750x757px
Extreme nitpick but I wish she'd done a pink cutsew or blouse instead. It would really make this one of my favorite coords ever.
>>
>>9489362
blouse needs to be different and the undertone for the lavender shoes is off. it's a blue lavender and it needs to be a pink lavender to go with the coord. not really an "extreme" nitpick
>>
>>9489362
I actually like the white blouse. A pink blouse would just do pink overload imo. I do agree that the shoes are too much of a blue lavender though. It would look nicer if it had more of a pink tone to it
>>
>>9489362
I think the white cutsew works, though I think some added blue lavander accents up top would collect the shoes and the OTK's accents and bring the coord together.
>>
Didn't think it was quite bad enough for the ita thread, but honestly I hate it. Just screams edgy thot to me. Thoughts?
>>
>>9488651
>that ballsack strawberry bag
>>
>>9489981
Eh it sort of looks like something Batty would throw together. It's definitely not "proper" lolita, but she's got some good poof and such.
>>
It's really just the socks. I don't understand why she chose black. It looks like she has a black purse too though, so I guess she tried to shoehorn it in
>>
>>9480449
>Black shoes would have been fine
One of the biggest nitpicks I see on cgl is black shoes with coordinates that don't have black in them
>>
>>9484811
I like all-red coords, but why the pink hair and the random regal print on the tights?
>>
>>9489981
I like it in a "still looks ok as a normie outfit but isn't traditional lolita" way although I think t strap shoes would have made more sense than ankle boots
>>
>>9490865
Seconded. It's not traditional lolita, but instead, a nice normie use of a lolita piece. I do stuff like this, but I feel like it should be, tagged as casual lolita, possibly otome depending on the coord, or just... Something not Lolita fashion.
>>
>>9482525
Do you think she painted them?
>>
>>9489981
I really like the summer goth vibe this has. Not strictly lolita but it's nice to see it incorporated this way.
>>
>>9480635
I don't think the bra is so bad here. What I do wish is that people would pay more attention to how the pattern on their tights lies. It's especially noticeable with vertical stripes like this, if it's not pulled correctly on the leg it looks strange.

To be honest, if your legs are stocky, solid colour tights usually look better anyway. When patterned tights are stretched they always draw a lot of unflattering attention.
>>
>>9489981
this made me mad as fuck when I saw it, it's clearly not lolita she's just used one of the worst brand dresses (I have never seen a coord with this that wasn't costumey or didn't read as lolita) and worn it in in the most ugly, normie way possible and weeby goths eat it up. It reminds me most of like, an audrey kitching photoshoot or something similarly tacky. I know I sound salty but this outfit is ugly as sin and has everything I hate (fishnets, stupid retro/rockabilly coord that is not lolita)
>>
>>9490883
there's nothing retro or rockabilly about this coord anon, it's basically western goth with a lolita main piece. no need to get mad, some people simply like wearing edgy and experimental stuff
>>
>>9489981
I really like this in a non-lolita way. I love to see people wearing lolita dresses outside lolita. This way this fashion doesn't seem like such a waste of money.
>>
>>9491086
????
no one's forcing you to buy the dresses anon, if you don't like the look of lolita in the first place why would you get into it?

>>9491082
There certainly are some vintage inspired elements, I think the ugly lace blouse reads as thriftstore kei and it's really a matter of personal taste I know, I'm probably just an oldschool elitist but since I don't see this as lolita at all, it reads as more rockabilly to me probably due to the sillhouette. I think other people without knowledge of lolita would think so too.
>>
>>9491146
>????
>no one's forcing you to buy the dresses anon, if you don't like the look of lolita in the first place why would you get into it?

Wow there calm your tits anon, I never said I didn't like lolita.
It is a matter of fact that these dresses are expensive and I for one can't always go full-out lolita whenever I feel like wearing one of my dresses.
So whenever I can wear my lolita dresses in a casual non-lolita way (like as a summer dress) I feel like my money was well spent.
I used to force myself to wear a full lolita coordinate everytime I wanted to wear my dresses and ended up not wearing as much as I wanted. I simply thought it was a littel sad spending all this money on them and not wearing them as often as I'd like just because I couldn't meet all the rules all the time.
>>
>>9491155
a sundress can still be lolita. lolita fashion has a very specific, unique aesthetic that is very different from any normal fashion which is sortof the point of it. i get the feeling a lot of new lolitas don't appreciate the original idea of lolita at all, and just got into it for the prints and the e-fame which is why they have this problem. dresses don't have to be expensive, you could buy a nice toned down lolita outfit for about the same as a normie one. maybe people should just do that instead of looking like a hot mess in their fishnets and mom at the beach hat.
>>
>>9490021
For it to be Batty it needs to have hair that is a shade not used any where else in the cord. This is what batty wants to look like but can't be bothered to wear a neutral colored wig.
>>
>>9489051
The corset looks horrible on her and her facial expression she makes in her post is annoying. It's soo forced it's really hard to take her seriously. I often find myself covering her face just so I can look at the cords she posts.
>>
>>9489981
I legit love this but I mean I am a sucker for other styles integrated well into Lolita. I think it's nice to see personal taste and expression in coords.
>>
>>9490784
She looks like she's trying to mimic the look of her doll
>>
From the knees down something feels off... Everything else is cute/fine
>>
>>9490812
Did you want red shoes instead? I think brown would be fine, you're allowed to wear neutral colored shoes, stop being so fucking autistic
>>
Shoes, bag, and headwear should all be changed imo, especially the headwear. If the bag and shoes were warm toned instead of cool toned it would be fine
>>
>>9495756
>nitpicking a coord from Kera
You're not wrong but this attitude kills street fashion. Lighten up.
>>
>>9495778
Just because it's from glorious Japan doesn't mean it's free from scrutiny
>>
>>9492406
It's the OTKs, they don't go at all
>>
>>9489051
Why oh why do people always choose the ugliest corsets to wear.

>dat pleather
>dem buckles
>THE WAY IT FUCKING FITS

it just looks so bad and edgy 5 me
>>
File: IMG_3717.jpg (148KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3717.jpg
148KB, 750x938px
I'm so pissed that she has white bows on her shoes. This is a GOTHIC outfit with no white in the stamping at all. It's fucking blue. It just doesn't look right to me.
>>
>>9480526
How tall is Choke? She looks really tall here.
>>
>>9480400
A perfect example of 'just because you can manage to get it on, doesn't mean it fits'. That ribbon is meant to hit high to mid-bust, not above the bustling completely. You can see this in many of the worn photos of Berry Princess and even on the mannequin. But no, the fatties have to try to wear it because they can squeeze into it. Ugh. Itai!
>>
>>9492408
This, neutral shoes are always better than a color mis-match.

>>9492406
Sweet print with more regimental/regal socks make a mismatch in the overall theme even when the colors are ok. Socks with red ribbon or red/blue stripes or diamonds would have been better. The rest looks very cute though.
>>
>>9497610
What's the white thing at her shoulder, a purse? Maybe the shoe bows were meant to go with that. Black in both would have been better. Do the shoes have a white edging too? They just don't go. The corset lacing at the bust is stretched too wide. I always think the Moitie main piece looks way too short/small in coords like this.
Also what is an iron/steamer? She looks frumpy and rumpled.
>>
>>9497674
She's definitely wearing heels in this picture.
>>
>>9495778
You can say that about everything in this thread, no need to give kera special treatment.
>>
>>9489051
This is the first time I've seen a corset make someone look fat. Maybe it's all of the dress fabric bunched up underneath it, but it makes her look broader and more shapeless than she probably is.
>>
Something feels off. Is it the gold shoes? Idk, the gold in the dress should balance it out...
>inb4 it's bcuz she's fat
I actually think she's dressed well for her size
>>
>>9499573
It's the length of the socks imho
>>
>>9499573
The length of the socks and also the color. I feel like navy socks would have looked better.

Personally, I would have preferred darker shoes as well.
>>
>>9489051
I think it would have been fine with a smaller waist cincher but that corset is just bad.

Also thee types of corsets make anyone's tits look saggy and i don't know why that's meant to be sexy?
>>
>>9495834
Its because they are cheap.

>>9499609
Most of it is just because it is a shit corset and she is wearing it very badly.. You can tell that it is too long for her torso at the bust area (thanks to the close up) and that cut is too high into her breast area.She either didnt wear a bra or did and it is conflicting with the corset.

Since there is that buckling and the creasing, I highly doubt there is even good boning in it, so this is why it makes her larger. People need to stop spending their money on just their main piece if they want to make a good coord.
>>
Something about the proportions is off. Maybe it's that exposed patch of skin between the shorts and otks
>>
>>9495756
Japanese do not give 2 fucks about mixing pinks and never care about mixing whites, off whites, ivory and cream. That's mainly a western hangup.
>>
>>9501914
I think much of it is the pose but her hips being wider with shoulders looking much narrower throws off the proportions for me. But that's common for females wearing ouji unless they have a more boyish or overall stocky figure instead of pear shape.
>>
>>9501914
>>9501920
i know it's the nitpick thread but don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to be scrutinizing somebody's body shape? also you're wrong, this person looks pretty slim and straight up and down to me, not pear shaped. they have really nice legs and it's okay to not wear tights with ouji
>>
>>9501932
It's not scrutinising her shape so much as the combination of clothes and body.

The proportions are screwy. My guess is that she's taller than the vest is designed for so the waist is hitting 1"+ above her natural waist, creating the illusion that her thighs and crotch are very long. Unfortunately that's a hard issue to fix, aside from going for men's sizes if she isn't already.
>>
>>9497610
The skirt is set to a bad shape by lack of petticoat for the look. She wore an underskirt because it's short on her but she didn't wear a petti to poof it. The shoes are also too sweet for this gothic cord.
>>
>>9501932
Saying that you think the proportions are off to your eye and trying to speculate why IS just a nitpick, for all I know it could be the pouf of the pants pushing the lower vest outand the upper body pose. And that's a nitpick at best.
>>
>>9497610
>>9502057
Agree about the white being out of place and this having a very bad skirt shape.
Why do so many underskirt coords end up doing this? They need an a-line petti with decent gentle volume. This just looks sad and wilted. I think this is part of the reason some people dislike underskirts so much.
>>
>>9497610
Isn't she a little large for Moitie?
>>
I know people can't change it easily, but I feel like these glasses ruin the whole look. If she at least had glasses that were more subtle...
>>
This weird shawl looks so stupid. You can barely see the rest of the coord.
>>
>>9501932
It's called dressing for your size and shape.
>>
>>9482127
Berry picking in lolita? Son you fucked. Dirt and berry and grass and sweat don't mix with nice clothes. It's like doing a 5k color run as a lolita comments meet...
>>
>>9502746
Our comm's been working on the logistics for a paintball meet where everyone comes in a cheap white outfit for the lulz.... I think a color run could be fun too.
>>
>>9503767
I think it would be fun to do lolita paintball in second hand Bodyline and stuff
>>
>>9502240
Couldn't she have taken a few steps to the side so that we could see more trees and less cars and a random backpack behind her?
>>
But why the jacket and those shoes? This would have been such a cute coord without them
>>
>>9504161
I kinda like them but the jacket could be shorter
>>
>>9504161
not gonna lie, i LOVE her hairdo
>>
>>9504161
It's a bit unconventional but I like the jacket and shoes, they work in this look.
>>
>>9502241
when will madonna crowns die
>>
>>9504168
Never. Once something becomes popular in lolita, there's always a few who will love it dearly and wear it forever.
>>
>>9484811
I actually quite like this except for the white petticoat sticking out at the bottom.

I'm kind of a sucker for unnatural hair colour though, I like the pink a lot.
>>
>>9504163
Yeah I loved it too, I loved it so much that I could forgive the lack of headwear because its an interesting enough style that it doesn't feel plain. I just wish she hadn't thrown on some random Forever 21 shoes and jacket
>>
>>9504161
I can't believe people think she isn't plus-sized.
>>
>>9504174
peignoir anon here, can confirm
>>
>>9504535
Pegnoirs are so cute
>>
Shoes/socks and possibly makeup should be changed
>>
>>9506062
I dig the makeup, but tights would probably have looked better
imo she's pretty enough to make any makeup work though
>>
>>9506062
I really love this particular lolita but her makeup always bugs me. As someone who also has small asian eyes, you need to make sure you're not too heavy with the makeup or you'll close your eyes more. The lack of blending with such a dark shade makes her eyes look swollen.

Socks and shoes are really out of place with this. They're too casual. I would have liked to see a graphic tight and a mature shoe with this.

Everything else is beautiful though
>>
>>9506062
As >>9506070 says, wrong eye makeup!
It looks like she's using an eye makeup technique for hooded or deep set eyes, opposite of what happens when someone with already round western eyes uses a wide-eye dolly makeup technique. Very wrong for her eye shape.
>>
>>9504174
Can also confirm, rectangle headdress anon here. From the time I started. I'll never give them up.
>>
>>9506062
>>9506066
>>9506070

This is me! I'm doing a lot of experimenting with makeup lately, so if you have any tips about how to do a darker eye look, I'd love to hear it! I don't actually mind looking like I have smaller eyes, but I know I definitely have to work on creating shadows.

As for the shoes, I totally agree they're wrong but it was for walking around a con!
>>
>>9506088
I would suggest using browns instead of black/gray. It will still match nicely with your kuro coords, giving you a dark and smokey eye, without it being too dark and thus making your eyes smaller.
You can try to add some dimension to your lids by concentrating the darker color in the corners of your eyes (out and inner) and then keeping the shadow light in the middle.
Also, if you "droop" your eyeliner downward rather than the cat eye style you usually do, it'll help to elongate the eyes and brighten them. Add a pair of false eyelashes from the drooped part, and it'll give you more of a dolly eye. The false eyelashes also help to give your makeup an overall darker look
>>
File: IMG_3330.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3330.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>9506088
>>
>>9506105
>>9506117
Thank you!!
>>
>>9506123
YVW, please post another coord soon to show us!
>>
>>9506123
Wishing you all the best! I can't wait to see what kind of makeup you'll do with your next coord
>>
The skirt is too short, that's literally it. Usually I hate chocolate coords with green in them but I think the dark green is nice
>>
>>9507522
Actually now looking at the zoomed in photo, I realize she's wearing a cardigan as a blouse and that's why it looks like she's wearing a skintight blouse. I don't like the neckline either. And the glasses really clash and detract from the antique look but people get really triggered about that. Still a nitpick and not ita imo
>>
>>9507523
>sweet coord
>"antique look"
nigga what
>>
>>9507525
Are you retarded?
>>
File: IMG_3881.jpg (223KB, 750x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3881.jpg
223KB, 750x946px
This OP fits poorly.
>>
>>9508047
It doesn't fit at all anon. I see 3 bubbles. Underarm fat, boobs, waist fat. She needs to bind better or alter the dress.

>inb4 "lose weight fatty"
She could also do that too if she wanted
>>
>>9508047

The weirdest part of this is that the longer I look the more I feel like her ribcage and bust are massively larger than her waist because of how loosely the skirt just kinda falls from underneath the rolls she has shoved into the bodice.
>>
>>
>>9508739
I forgot to add commentary when I posted this, I think the shoes are the most glaring problem, the hair should go too, and I really didn't like her makeup in the other shots that showed it. Something overall feels off about the balance too. Maybe there's too many colors
>>
>>9508529
I see what you mean, but I think it just may be where her bust is too big so she's binding to fit or she squashed her boobs into the dress. She's not terribly chubby, but that doesn't matter with innocent world OPs. They do not forgive.
>>
>>9508739
I actually really like this desu. Feels like sort of a mermaid-inspired colour scheme
>>
>>9507522
>>9507523
how dare you nitpick my queen
>but now that you say it, the blouse under JSK thing bugs me more then I thought it would
>>
>>9508739
I'm not sure if it's the filter or she's knocked up the saturation. But at least she tries to match her hair with her cordinates colors. Still think she's boring AF and sticking to safe place cordinates without taking any daring attempts to her style.
>>
Shoes, maybe socks and purse
>>
>>9510653
Purse, shoes and her resting bitch face she always seems to sport.
>>
>>9510658
People don't choose to sport resting bitch faces
>>
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled and am high off my ass on painkillers but the biggest problem with this is shoes/lack of legwear. Dont like some of the accessories and the exposed tattoo either but people get triggered about stuff like that
>>
>>9510661
If my face looks unflattering in a photo I just put a sticker over it and move on with my life
>>
>>9510661
Lol she does. She thinks it's endearing.
>>
>>9502240
Agreed. This looks like Harry Potter in lolita.
>>
>>9510662
"exposed tattoo"
How the fuck was she supposed to cover this?
>>
>>9504513
she wears unshirred brand anon...she's really not plus sized. looks like a US medium
>>
>>9510849
And this is what I meant when I say people get triggered over it. Wear sleeves long enough to cover it or use makeup
>>
>>9511091
It's part of her skin, chill
>>
>>9511091
Or maybe don't, because most people don't care.
At least her tattoo fits aesthethic-wise.
>>
File: Andy_The_Help.jpg (127KB, 822x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Andy_The_Help.jpg
127KB, 822x1232px
>>9482225
>>
>>9483593
weirdly enough the first thing that comes to mind when i see the peter-pan blouse, boxy bag, cotton socks and shoes is 'schoolgirl', but the dress, brooch and detailing on the socks/shoes are all very 'elegant young lady'. it's like she tried to style a mary magdalene dress as though it were an angelic pretty coordinate. i think if she switched out the socks for some sheer patterned tights and wore a short-sleeved blouse or pinned the brooch to a bolero, this coord would be much better off.
>>
>>9502241
i really hate these fucking eighties shoes, they're not even the right shade of gold.

>>9510662
tHREE different shades of metal for jewelry triggers me. like two is bad enough but nope, silver, gold, and whatever that blackened brooch is supposed to be
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.