[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay Catastrophes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

File: rip.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rip.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
This thread is for all those who have had a catastrophic malfunction or accident in their costume. Trip over something? Important piece break in transport or at the con? Share your stories here.

>webm is of a Singaporean gumdanboi taking a fall
>>
File: 1463115945732.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463115945732.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>>9480059
I cosplayed Kuma once, the samurai bear guy.
Everything was great except the Geta clogs. Wearing them around was fine but stairs were fucked.
[spoiler]I fell down the escalators[/spoiler]
[spoiler]twice[/spoiler]
>>
>cosplaying Ezio from Assassin's Creed
>kept doing cringy pose where I whip out assassination blade
>did this many times as people kept asking for my photograph
>During one photo I did the pose and the part that stops the blade from completely sliding off broke and I flung the blade completely off
>had to take 5 minutes to fix while the person patiently waited for their photo
>I never completely fixed it
>This was before the cosplay repair station
>Had to just hold the damn blade everytime someone wanted a picture

Here's another.
>cosplaying Dedenne gijinka
>using eyelash glue to hold foam whiskers onto face
>was fine all day without fail
>Pokemon cosplay gathering happens
>500 cosplays later it's time for the photoshoot for my gen
>I've been sitting in the sun for god knows how long
>get up to pose with people
>left whisker is sliding off face due to sweat from the heat
>no time to reapply glue as I'm in mid photoshoot
>end up putting fingers on cheeks to hold whiskers for both pictures
>ended up being cute enough to pass for a pose

Aaaand another
>made Stein's chair from Soul Eater
>Friend going as Stein
>kept rolling around on chair full speed
>ok.jpg
>during Soul Eater gathering, rolled on chair super fast
>chair gets tripped up by some piece of uneven tile or w/e
>friend falls over and is fine
>chair is missing several pieces on the back that I had used for the chain

Most of these are small mishaps, but it was still embarrassing.
>>
I mean, my catastrpophes all come from me being an idiot or lazy.

>Convention time in a foreign country!!
>Got 3 cosplays planned, all of them have big props so I had very limited luggage space.
>Using the same pair of pants for 2 of them cause that'll save space right? Final cosplay required different pair of pants that I could just wear on my way there to save even more space
>Packing time: Packed everything but real clothes cause I was a forgetful idiot that weekend
>One pair of pants that I needed for the two cosplays ripped in half on the 1st day of the con while I was hanging around with my con crush because I still thought Taobao provided good quality clothes back then like an idiot
>One of the props broke on my way over to the con, the one that I needed for the cosplay that still had pants that weren't broken
>Worst nightmares came true that day
>Cosplays scrapped, literally had to borrow clothes from roomies all weekend

And that's how I learned to always keep a list of what I'm packing so I know I have everything.

>Friend pressures me into entering the cosplay contest that she helped set up
>Assumed it'd be like a catwalk
>Nope, it's the type of cosplay contest where you're in an empty room and have three people look you over and judge your costume, construction, etc, one-on-one
>I bought half of the cosplay and friend knew that
>The only thing I made myself broke the minute one of the judges touched it
>Using this as motivation to always better myself years afterwards, but also using it as my eternal reason to never enter any type of convention contest ever again
>>
>>9480059
I was walking back to my car and this life size groot in a pot was sliding down the walking path and did the same thing. Tripped over and went face forward.
>face plant
>>
>>9480309
WHEEZE.png
>>
>>9480059
Never understimate how touchy people can get when you cosplay a well liked character.
I always make my right hand and chest pieces specially hard because one of costumes got those two totally destroyed by the amount of people shaking my hands and giving me hugs.
>>
>otakon a couple years ago
>two guys walk in the doors by the fountain, both cosplaying something power-ranger-eque, but with armor on chest, arms, etc
>first guy's chest piece falls off onto the hard floor braking in two
>his friend panics, starts stuttering "w-we can fix it, w-we have glue"
>other dude just stares him down, you can tell some shit went down with them earlier
>dude rips off each individual piece of armor from himself, throws it on the ground, picks it all up and tosses it all in the nearest trashcan and walks out the door
>his friend just looks on wordlessly, waits a couple of seconds, then follows
>>
couple years ago I saw a pretty good Cloud cosplayer posing for pictures in front of a small crowd.
while he was doing a pose, some guy bumps into him from behind, causing him to fall forward onto his sword, snapping it in half.

the cloud cosplayer basically shrugged it off and made some jokes here and there but you knew deep down he was fucking pissed and sad.
>>
File: dingaling.jpg (43KB, 600x714px) Image search: [Google]
dingaling.jpg
43KB, 600x714px
Mostly just embarrassed for my past.

>Baby's first giant prop: Tachigami's sword from Okami
>Working on it outside in summer
>neighbor kids walk by and barrage me with questions
>They leave under the impression I am making my own surfboard
>work inside for the rest
>foam comprised of mostly great stuff foam, didthatrightatleast.png
>covered the outer layer entirely in plaster strips
>heavey as all fuck now, couldn't even smooth the plaster properly cause of the holes in the foam, Imdisappointedinyouson.jpg
>rest of the costume is okay though and going in a group, whatevs bring that trash with me
>lugged the 80lb sack of mouse shit around for about an hour, photos of me were all me looking tired and leaning the sword on my body
>give up halfway to the dealers room
>drag the lump back to the hotel and leave it there behind other bed
>ended up leaving it behind when we checked out as couldn't bear it
shameful
>>
File: 1404800747860.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404800747860.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>wearing costume made out of MDF
>no ventilation at all
>think it'll be fine
>it isn't
>faint almost three times
>would've likely killed someone if I fell into them because costume has sharp corners
>>
>walking into judging room
>Beaded garter snaps
>Kill me
Still somehow got an award but I was so sad
>>
>Cosplay competition
>Go to judging
>Goes well
>Time for the competition
>Have killer heels
>Walk to stage
>Trip on my own legs
>Fall down
>Sprain my angle
>So embarrassed that just walk (the best I can) out of the stage
>Still win something
>>
Jesus I have so many from when I was younger that it's made me pay far more attention to durability. I almost never touch hot glue now because of some of the embarrassment it caused me. The worst two are definitely these though.

>Stay up all night finishing staff for cosplay before the con
>make bottom parts out of insulation foam, coat with several layers of gesso and paint
>spend 900 years trying to glue it together, finally works
>bring extra glue to con just in case
>dressed and ready for con, excited. Prop wobbles a little bit after traveling but not too bad
>not even five minutes after I had left the elevator, stop to adjust shoe and carefully lean prop against potted plant in lobby
>kneel down and hear a SNAP
>blade broke off from staff, gesso is still attached to one glued side leaving the foam exposed
>fuck
>head back up to con, try frantically to glue it back together since I spent so much time on it
>every single type of glue I brought just melts the foam further (hot glue after cooling, loctite, rubber cement)
>try to jam stick into blade
>just slides right off of melted foam
>scream a little inside and just leave it in the room, leave the broken blade in room upon checkout because I was so pissed

And
>wearing heavy fleece costume that I sewed buttons on in the room hours before
>did it really fast because I wanted to hurry down to the con
>run into con acquaintances, they compliment my costume
>"hey thank y-" one button pops off
>fug
>as I go to pick it up more pop off and fall to the ground
>zipper velcro falls off costume to the floor as I scramble to pick up the buttons
>they are watching me with both pity and confusion as I scramble around
> m-maybe you should try sewing the zipper next time anon
>want to die

And that's how I learned to love myself and stop doing shit last minute.
>>
File: 1485021700171.gif (2MB, 245x186px) Image search: [Google]
1485021700171.gif
2MB, 245x186px
>>9480338

HI

Pretty sure I was the WE CAN FIX IT WE HAVE GLUE guy
I felt so bad for the dude too
>>
>be filthy homestuck child
>cosplaying God Tier Feferi
>wings get totally trashed and unwearable because I was stupid and thought they could fit in the trunk of my car
>trident tips made out of model magic break, unfixable with supplies on hand
>forget to bring tiara completely
>shoes too small
>first time using body paint, went as well as you'd expect (still sealed it well though)

The parts that survived still looked kinda cute.
>>
> be wearing "joke cosplay" consisting of a plate carrier and silkies
> realize I forgot to pack both normal clothes and the bra I needed for one of the serious cosplays I had planned
>have to run to the store in joke cosplay, buying womens underwear while wearing nothing but short-shorts, body armor and a light jacket.
>>
>Decide to take part in a pair cosplay competition for the first time in 2012
>It's spring and I'm a high school senior at that point, hella busy with schoolwork and exams
>Work my ass off for the costume and for school
>The clothing part of the costume gets finished and looks fine
>But wig still hasn't arrived, haven't found shoes and props are not done.
>Schoolwork decides to fuck me in the ass, barely have time to finish the cosplay.
>Find perfect looking shoes but they are too big for me, decide to buy them anyway for accuracy.
>Wig arrives and looks like a disaster, no time to order a new one.
>Finish props night before the con, they cool horrendous (my first props, so was kinda expecting that).
>The whole costume looks horrific now: the clothing part of costume is fine in itself, but gets overshadowed by too big shoes, mess of a wig and disastrous props.
>Sleep for two hours and go to con feeling like death
>Con morning arrives.
>Some of the props (wings) have gotten broken during the drive there, have to compete without them.
>Meet the judges, they don't even realise I'm missing my wings.
>My pair looks fine, so figure we will look decent on stage because no-one can see us close and my pair's costume is good.
>It's our time to go on stage
>Nearly trip on my too big shoes, I can feel my strapless bra inching down little by little, it's all a grand mess.
>The dude hosting the competition laughs onto the microphone, saying he heard my prop creak as if it was breaking (the prop doesn't break tho)
>I want to die in a hole
>Competition gets finished
>Somehow by a fucking mistake of god we win the third place.
>Kinda happy but just feel like a joke.
>My legs are dead, I'm sleep deprived and ready to call it a day.
>Swear I'm never competing again.
>Go to my hotel room and sleep for 17 hours.
>Have not competed or attended that particular con since
>>
>>9481274
So did anything go down beforehand?
>>
>>9481274
You gotta give the backstory to this, son.
>>
>AX 2016
>Babby's first con...
>Babby's first time cosplaying.
>Figured I'd do something easy and simple.
>Choose One Punch Man
>Before I even get off the bus, I realized that I had already lost one of the black buttons attaching my cape to me.
>this-is-fine.jpg
>Remove the second button so it doesn't blatantly stand out.
>Walking around, enjoying con,
>this-isn't-bad-at-all.jpg
>Walking upstairs
>Cape snags on boots
>Tears cape completely off my body.
>Flashbacks to no-capes.wmv
>Go to repair center and get safety pins.
>We-back.jpg
>Roaming around con for quite a while, just taking photos with people and chatting.
>Get text from a friend asking me if we can meet up.
>Looking for place to sit
>There are none.
>Find some place quiet to so I can fetch my phone.
>Squat down to reply.
>Pants completely rip straight up the center underneath.
>Loud *BRRRRRAAAP* noise.
>this-is-not-fine.jpg
>Rush over to repair center again.
>Standing in line.
>Girl behind me says, "What's wrong with your costume? It seems perfectly fine."
>"I.. uhh... I ripped my pants."
>She lets out an embarrassed chuckle, "Aww..."

I went inside and sewed them up and the rest of the day was fine but it was off to a rough start... it was a learning experience, though.
>>
Had a drunk guy trying to sit on my centaur extension. Yay, completely ruined. Was when I just arrived too (he wasn't allowed into the con). Years ago thankfully, now I know better and immediately swipe away anyone that looks like an idiot.
>>
When i was in a group cosplay for SAO we did the fairy wings, and had the brilliant idea to make them out of a thick plastic, they looked great, required a very industrial styled harness, we were at the AX gathering (it was big that year) and as we were running up my friends wings SNAPPED clean off (the whole gathering of people yelled sadly for us) luckily mine didn't break till we were packing them into the car (i got pictures so at that point i didnt care if they broke)
>>
>>9481274
I dunno, the dude I saw threw a mini temper tantrum. Not sure why you'd feel bad about it. Details?
>>
Back when the Hawkeye initiative was still pretty popular I cosplay Hawkeye, and in the middle of doing a back breaking tits and ass lunge twist while drawing my bow my pants split along the crotch.

Good news was the cosplay repair station was a (relatively new) thing, and I sewed my pants back together. I still maintain that it is a very Clint Barton thing to have happened and reinforced the crotch seam for next time when I got home.
>>
>Have a group for a masq
>I wanted to do a walk-on, but most of our group wanted to do a skit so whatever
>Friend's costume has HUGE wings
>I've done wings before, so she asks for my advice
>"Make them light as possible, here are some links to good wing tutorials"
>Friend makes them out of plywood
>???????????????????? Well, if it works for you, it works
>Get to masq dress rehearsal and she's no where to be found
>Turns out her goddamn wings were too heavy and broke on the way over
>She's in the bathroom, sobbing
>I might have been more sympathetic, but I wrote the script, I choreographed everything, I made the most costumes and props, I organized the practice sessions, I gave her plenty of good advice that she threw out a window, and I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO DO A SKIT
>I sooooo dgaf at this point, but the show must go on, so we find stage hands to help with the wings
>We are able to perform, everything is okay
Bonus:
EXCEPT IT WASN'T! I worked my ass off on the costumes I made and was excited to talk about them as judging. I even had a digital gallery of progress pictures and blueprints (one costume was more a big prop than a costume) because I had been asked about that stuff before, but she took 75% of our time to talk about her FAIRLY SIMPLE costume and her goddamn plywood wings, so I had about a minute. I could only show ref pictures of the characters and the end product. We had a very simple fight scene in the skit where I had to get beat up, but my opponent, who was supposed to initiate the fight, FORGOT WHAT TO DO, so she just sat on stage looking at me until halfway through the fight part. It was awful. And at the end Plywood Wings was like "WOW GUYS WE'RE SO AMAZING, WE ALL WORKED SO HARD! TEAMWORK YAY!" I never joined a masq group again after that.

SORRY, I CLEARLY HAVE A LOT OF ANGER ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>9483260
A quick one to make up for that rant

>Work really hard to make a simple scythe with my dad
>It takes a long time, but it's worth it, it turned out beautiful
>Get in costume at con, go out with my scythe
>Not five minutes after leaving the hotel room, the scythe twists in my hands
>Smashes into the concrete floor, cracks a good six inches most of the way off
>I should've had a better grip on it, it's completely my fault
>That was probably ten years ago, I still have it and tell myself I'll fix it someday.
>>
>>9480059
Fuck, I actually felt his panic, shame, and sadness.
>>
>>9483262
Anon that reminds me of my scythe story

>Huge prop scythe for cosplay, like 6'
>Accidentally keep poking people in the head with it, feels bad
>Head to dealers room
>Hold scythe as high as possible in air to not hit anyone, around 10' up
>Doing good, everything is fine
>Round the corner to go in next isle
>Guy on stilts comes round the corner at the same time
>He happens to be the exact height of where I'm holding the scythe
>Poke him right in the fucking eye
>"WATCH WHERE YOU STICK THAT THING BITCH"
>okay.jpg
>>
Does it count as a catastrophe if a cosplay I wore just 2 years ago won't fit me anymore? ;_;
>>
>>9483260
simple advice; don't do group cosplays
>>
>>9483315
I have a similar scythe experience
>first con and my first cosplay
>decide I just have to have a prop
>friend makes me a scythe since they're partnering with me, ends up being pretty accurate but much taller than I am
>lightweight so still figure it'll be fine
>nope
>have to hold it way above my head in order to avoid crowds/people knocking into it
>isn't super sturdy so I worry parts are going to break if someone isn't paying attention
>arms get tired after a few hours
>navigating Dealer's Room is impossible
>keep hitting people in the back of the head whenever I have to put my arms down
>decide to never deal with a prop that annoying ever again
>>
>I believe it was 2008 or so
>Cosplay with my older sister and friend
>Friend's cosplay had staff involved
>We made cosplay for her, because we wanted to be in a group cosplay and didn't mind.
>Staff I'm sure looked like shit/mediocre in today's standards, but was pretty good for the time. We worked hard on it.
>Got to the con, my friend and I had typical teen excitement
>Leans staff on the car while we got our last thing we needed out of the car before we lock it.
>It was windy that day
>Staff slides down the car
>breaks
>Everyones fw the prop broke even before we step inside the venue

My friend still used it, but I still think of how the wind fucked us over to this day
>>
File: demyx_sitar_ref.jpg (55KB, 491x414px) Image search: [Google]
demyx_sitar_ref.jpg
55KB, 491x414px
>>9483315
This is actually how I met my best friend.

>in Kingdom Hearts photoshoot
>girl in best Demyx cosplay there
>has an actual handmade sitar
>it's made of plywood
>the height of the sharp bits at the top are face level with me
>she turns to talk to someone
>spike catches me right beside the eye
>it's sharp, unsanded plywood
>takes some skin with it but thankfully no massive bleeding
>she freaks out and then we get to actually talking
>spend entire convention together
>have a mark close to where I got hit
>like to joke that's where I got hit and it's a permanent mark of our friendship
>>
File: 1483586781430.jpg (19KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1483586781430.jpg
19KB, 210x230px
>>9483473
That's actually pretty heartwarming.

>tfw I'm too socially retarded to ever make friends with someone right off the bat like that and people would just run away because I'm awkward af
>>
>>9483504
We were teenaged weebs at the time. If it happened now we probably would've had a harder time connecting like that.
>>
File: rippenny.png (165KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
rippenny.png
165KB, 500x266px
>>9480059
>cosplaying this, complete with foam swords on armature wire that are wrapped around my torso, arms and waist and extend about a metre all around me
>have been mindful all day of other con attendees and not entering the hall with the swords fully extended, in fear of both breaking the swords and stabbing people
>exiting the foyer entrance into the outdoors area
>5 year old boy comes sprinting around the corner
>crashes into me
>snaps one of my swords clean in half
>little kid runs off without saying sorry
>angery.jpeg
i don't get parents who bring their children to the con, only to NOT WATCH THEM SO THAT THEY CAN GO WRECK HAVOC ON COSPLAYERS
>>
>>9480586
what was your cosplay?
>>
This was just nearly a catastrophe, but…
>Cosplaying Shiroe from Log Horizon S2
>Excited to make big staff
>Dad always helps with big props, so he's onboard with this
>Spend months working on it
>Try to think everything through 5x
>Even make it so it can be split into two parts for easy transportation
>Top section turns out to be a something like 15+lbs because it's so dense
>First day of con, I lean the staff over my shoulder and hear a crik-crik-crrrrrrriiiiiiiiik sound
>Cracks are forming because the top section is too heavy
>WELP

It didn't break fully, and after a photoshoot I just put the staff away for the rest of the weekend. My dad reenforced the breaking parts, so it should be better now, but the staff is so top heavy, it's hard to carry anyway. There are a lot of straight angles and sharp edges, so we used the best materials we knew at the time, but we've leveled up since and would probably be able to make a much lighter one now. Learning experience, I guess
>>
File: 1415481741162.gif (527KB, 523x611px) Image search: [Google]
1415481741162.gif
527KB, 523x611px
>>9485747
>but we've leveled up since
u cheeky fucker
>>
File: tumblr_ndahu0gRiX1sris8io1_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndahu0gRiX1sris8io1_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>9485787
Couldn't help it, sorry.
>>
File: 1487734126835.jpg (214KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487734126835.jpg
214KB, 767x1024px
>>9480059
>AX when it started getting overloaded
>walk uphill in bad heels to get to shuttle stop
>shuttle is late and overcrowded so have to stand at the back to get to con
>left badge at hotel
>going back to hotel on shuttle would waste at least an hour
>cos partner driving from elsewhere and late to the con
>my cosplay made no sense without hers there
>had to put her makeup on in bathroom
>helped her fix her wings because they were very large and hard to get around in
>get trapped in south hall by no space and photographer swarms
>try to go upstairs
>my wings get trashed by people walking into them while im trying to help her move around with hers
>her wings also get trashed because people also keep walking straight into them
>try to go shoot upstairs in badge free zones
>get stopped by staffer because suddenly these areas require badge now?
>staffer wont let us walk down stairs a couple feet away (where she can clearly see us go down) back to non badge zone because the stairs are a badge zone
>forced to walk all the way from above south hall to the west hall stairs by staffer
>cry because stress
>fix makeup in bathroom
>do shoot
>shoot does not turn out good
>go back to hotel and get drunk because fuck this
>>
>>9480059
assault by a "friend" only for them to not give a fuck or pay medical bills afterwards.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 600x328px
>>9487449
gonna need more info than just that, anon.
>>
Not my horror story but I'll remember this forever

>Anime Next a decade ago, watching the masquerade
>Captain Planet cosplayer goes up on stage to perform standup comedy.
>It's pretty bad. Three minutes later he shows no signs of stopping. Audience begins making noise but he keeps going.
>Staff member takes another masquerade entrant's large scythe prop and slides it around Captain Planet's waist, trying to nudge him offstage like it's a giant hook
>Captain Planet resists, walks in the other direction.
>Scythe snaps in half.
>Entire audience in shock
>>
>>9487549
That's as bad as the DBZ cosplayers who did a skit and to go super saiyan they pulled out cans of that old party spray hair color in gold and started spraying themselves. The judges were using anything they could to air their faces so they didn't choke on the fumes.
>>
>>9483343
Stories like this make me wonder how the fuck i got away with taking a 1.90 M long scythe with me on a 10 km bicycle trip
>>
>>9481364
>have to run to the store in joke cosplay, buying womens underwear while wearing nothing but short-shorts, body armor and a light jacket

You've done Rhodesia proud
>>
>>9486652
That's horrible, I'm so sorry.

Also can people just fucking watch where they're walking? Jesus. If they were huge fucking wings, I don't know how they could possibly be missed.
>>
>>9487840
>they pulled out cans of that old party spray hair color in gold and started spraying themselves

I mean...that's a little funny. Unless comedy wasn't their angle.
>>
>>9483138
I love this and I love you.
>>
File: DSC02901.jpg (279KB, 738x984px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02901.jpg
279KB, 738x984px
Other than not finishing cosplays in time, or showing up with shoddy construction, this happened.

>going to cherry blossom picnic
>teenager, so only public transportation
>fell asleep on bus
>mask with horns fall out of my lap
>antlers broke off
>>
>>9489548
picture not related to me, but I did capture this moment at a gathering.

You can just see the disappointment. Ouch.
>>
>>9489456
It wasn't. They were completely serious and it got stricter convention rules, not to mention coated everything near them in that stuff.
>>
>filthy Homestuck
>Wanted to cosplay Meenah
>Wig supplier only sent one of my hair extensions
>Had no plan for attaching my horns and end up hot gluing them to a headband in desperation
>Hand sewn armsocks at the last minute were extremely baggy
>One of my horns ends up falling off at the con at someone's artist alley table
>>
This is pretty tame compared to the other stuff in this thread but yeah
>order a wig for cosplay
>it arrives, beautiful but the color is a little off and looks really unflattering with my skin tone
>no time to order a new one
>oh well no biggie I'll just dye it! It cant be that hard
>look up tutorials and dye wig using copic ink
>comes out nice, hell yeah crisis averted
>looking cute at con, but costume is hot so a little sweaty
>at the end of the con notice stains on my fingers
>realize sweating is causing excess wig dye run everywhere, it stained my hands and the back of my neck
>oh fuck
>ruined the collar of the cosplay forever, ink didnt come out in the wash
>good thing the ink stains werent noticable in any photos

And that kids, is why you should rinse your wigs twice after dyeing them.
>>
>>9488964
Are you dutch?
>>
>>9487498
Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest. More info would be more of a shitstorm than intended.
>>
>>9481364
8/10 if you're a girl, 11/10 if male
>>
>Commission white, navy, and red costume
>Turns out great except logos on the red sleeves which the commissioner made with felt
>Commission patch maker for logo patches, those turn out great.
>Am able to get original felt logos off, but not all the adhesive, so I use some goo gone
>Tested it on the red first of course to make sure it would be okay and it was
>Must've spilled some onto a navy area, because there were some dark stains on a white area on the back of the costume
>Shit shit shiiiiiiiiit
>Try to wash then bleach stains out, only kinda-sorta works
>Carefully rinsing bleach out, notice that some of the red in an area is starting to stain a white area
>For real?!
>Have to head out to con soon, costume isn't dry, don't want to put the patches on until it is
>Goo gone didn't even take much of the extra adhesive off
This was supposed to be my least stressful costume.
>>
> Doing masquerade skit with pretty dress and dancing
> Dress has beads hanging off the edges
> beads are already being little shits but by showtime think they will stick with enough hot glue and string to make them thrice over
> even tested pre-performance to make sure
> okay good to go!
> on stage
> actress twirls
> BEADS EVERYWHERE

We had a sliding door prop too and one came off the hinges mid performance but luckily one of the ninjas fixed it with none being the wiser
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.