[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had been born a guy, do you think you'd be as into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 788776856733897799.jpg (142KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
788776856733897799.jpg
142KB, 1095x730px
If you had been born a guy, do you think you'd be as into cosplay and ita as you are now?
>>
>>9476465
>calling lolita ita
cosplayers plz go
If I was born a guy I guess that would make me a straight guy so I think I'd probably stay away from lolita to avoid looking like a fetishist
>>
File: 20170508_190423.jpg (731KB, 1448x851px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_190423.jpg
731KB, 1448x851px
Did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>9476552
dick or gtfo
>>
>>9476844
this
>>
File: captcha.png (63KB, 399x222px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
63KB, 399x222px
>>9476475
This is the reason why I (as a guy) would be all over Lolita if I wasn't a guy.
But the way it is I have to be extremely careful and get it right the first time.

>Captcha is “no frills”
Even Google doesn't want me to be a Brolita.
>>
I probably wouldn't be into cosplay due to various reasons and would most likely be a fucking ass.
>>
>>9476465
If I had been a boy my daddy would have gotten me into football and hunting, he loves me but I can tell he was disappointed he didn't get a son
>>
I probably wouldn't have, I've always had a lot of traditionally male hobbies and moved away from a lot of them because I didn't like the extra attention/constantly having to prove myself from being a girl. If I was a guy I would probably have stuck with martial arts, football, vidya and computer science forever and never been bored enough to get into lolita even if I liked it. Plus my dad totally wanted a son, which is part of why I was raised around so many male-dominated fields in the first place. He's a very macho guy and I think I would have really disappointed him if I'd been a guy and turned out feminine.
>>
>>9476465
>and ita
What do you think the ita thread is?
>>
>>9476465
as a male, yeah probably
>>
Not sure why ita...

If I had been born with a penis, I do t think my likes and dislikes would be that different. I'd probably be just as attracted to frilly dresses and women as I am now.
>>
>>9476465
I always wonder if my life would've been better or worse if i had been born a boy. My family is somewhat traditional Italian (but still americanized as I only know about the food parts of our culture and nothing about back home aside from my great-great grandfather owning a vineyard and I believe a winery.
The boys in my family had higher expectations put on them but the girls, my cousin and I, had a ton of pressure on us for our appearance (Which I instantly resisted the first time I got made fun of at school for an outfit my mom made me wear. From then on if people laughed at what I wore, it was going to be in my control lmfao). I got made fun of a LOT for being fat by my own family, even on my birthday (it's only now at 25, living halfway across the country away from them that i've found success in weight loss) something I don't think would've happened as maliciously (Which they tried to pass off as a joke but if you see someone crying because you called em fat, you're an asshole if your next words are another fat joke. I had to get angry to get them to stop which lead to other problems later in life).

I wonder if i was a boy if i would've been closer to my older half-brother? We're five years a part but our differing interests (I liked pop music because i mean, i was a little girl, and he liked metal and what's now called edm but by then i only called techno).

But if i had been better friends with him, would i have ended up a drug addict like him too? Or would I have been able to help him recover sooner?

As for anime interests, my brother introduced me to it, and I idolized my big brother, so I think boy-me would end up about the same, just maybe more autistic about fapping to anime girls like most of 4chan

>inb4 nice blog post
It was therapeutic to write about and it'd be a waste not to post it now.
>>
>>9478372
Not OP but how do you shorten Lolita in a positive way?
Loli has bad connotations, and Ita is for shitty-lolita so what else is there?

Lita sounded cute in my head, is that popular?
>>
Male here, reversing the question

If I were a chick I'd be one of those chicks who wears the sluttiest shit and I would never whine about guys checking me out
>>
Guy here, I only go on /cgl/ to read all of your cringe/gossip stories--it's a guilty pleasure. Or to check in summer if there's a thread on the local con, which there is about half of the time.

I'd probably have gotten better at cosplay if I was a girl, but I kind of grew out of "trying to make it look good" and just have a few basic characters that aren't really even "trying to be the character" but more whatever works with my own sense of clothing (I really like wearing blazers.) I only go to two cons a year, and the last one I only went to one day and didn't even wear a cos.

When I started going to conventions I thought it would be an easy way for me to get a nerdy gf, but most convention girls usually have baggage or some red flag tbqh.
>>
>>9481728

Apparently the chinese lolitas shorten it to "Lo" (like "loh" or "law" sort of sound). I don't know what character they use, though, it was a verbal convo with some girl in passing.
>>
>>9481737
All guys say that, but I doubt it. You're projecting what you want other women to do, not what you'd want to do.
>>
>>9481859
You don't understand the thread at all
>>
>>9481728
The most common way is loli or rori but cgl hates it
>>
I'm a guy and I found that I like cosplaying as I've enjoyed the crafty nerd hobbies. I enjoy painting and building gunpla and a lot of the skills transferred over.
>>
I am a male, and I'd absolutely be more into cosplay and j-fashion. I really, really wish I could wear j-fashion in the city, and all my dream cosplays are female. I am kept out of social communities for my gender. At every turn, my dreams are destroyed by my gender. I've been stangnant cosplay wise for a long time, I just don't have any motivation when all I really want to do is impossible dreams I could only do as a female. I have no goal to work towards.
And I wish I could wear wa lolita. I love long, useless fabric hanging away from your body, and the super wide kimino sleeves would be perfect for that.
As it is, I kinda want to just give up. If only I weren't male, I hate the restrictions.
>>
I'd be way more into lolita if I was born a girl.
>>
>>9481842
What do you consider a red flag?
>>
>>9482416

I don't see how your gender is a restriction, though? I mean, sure, if you're big and burly it's going to be hard trying to be smol and cute, but that's the same problem landwhale girls face, it's not a gender problem.

Also, wa lolita is ita material. Just do normal kimonos or Qutie Frash. Stay away from wa lolita until you're better versed with both kimonos and lolita.
>>
>>9481737
If you were born as a chick, that probably wouldn't happen unless you had self esteem issues, craved attention, or had the biggest ego.
>>
>>9484543
Not that guy, but still a male: Of course it is a gender problem. Most landwhale girls can just lose weight (I know it's not that simple and the skin will look shit, etc., etc., but they still can, and you won't see saggy skin under frilly clothes). As a male, you just cannot change the fact that (1) your shoulders and whole ribcage are wider, and (2) your fat distribution is different so you always have to be at the border of being underweight because otherwise you have the choice between being skinny-fat or having muscles.

For me personally, Lolita dresses more or less tend to fit. But they don't fit well; the waist is too high, they are generally too short, and my shoulders stand out.

So a much more fitting comparison instead of landwhales is simply tall girls. Therefore, you could say it's not a gender problem but merely a problem of body build. But the build simply depends a lot on whether you're male or female, so I would say it very much *is* a gender problem.
>>
>>9484354
>Daddy issues
>Makes con out to be something they'd fall into a genuine depression over missing
>Diagnoses self with mental disorders because omg so special
>Is wiccan, otherkin, etc

Also a lot of con girls have this weird fucking dialect where they overly stress the first syllable of whatever they're saying, and then pronounce every vowel with some degree of W in it. This is most apparent in Homestuck girls. You either know what I'm talking about or you don't.
>>
>>9484725
This is a really interesting comment, do you have any examples/videos that show what you're talking about?
>>
>>9476465
Maybe not lolita, but definitely some other kind of weird historical inspired fashion. I am a nerdy person and love historical clothes, one way or another I would have ended up here.
>>
>>9476465
Yes because I am a male. I'm actually certain that 90% of the people in those Lolita threads are actually Brolitas.
>>
>>9481728
why shorten it? It's already short enough.
>>
>>9484680

lol bro, if that’s all your problems are, it’s no different from bigger-sized girls who don’t fit into burando either.

Tall girls exist. Girls with bigger frames exist. And if you’ve looked in the ita thread lately there’s some girls who seem to have no necks, huge linebacker shoulders and are apparently shaped like barrels. I’m not sure what weight they need to be to get their necks back, or what kind of body fat % they need to be to look good in lolita if their upper half is where they put on weight first instead of last.

This still isn’t a gender problem. You’re basically complaining that you’re not a pretty girl. Well, guess what. Most people aren’t. The nice-looking girls just learn to work with what they have instead of whining that they have a dick.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
>>9484543
>>9484860
I'm not really a fan of lolita in general, I don't like the "classy" and "elegant" aesthetic very much. My favourites are more along the lines of "fun" and maybe some cute. Long, free fabric is what attracts me to it in the first place, without that I'd rather just do decora or something. But the weeb aesthetic in kimonos are awesome, so that attracts me. Or maybe I'd do some new designs based on typical j-fashion. One idea I have is that way too long sleeves, like pic related, could be nice and fun, so maybe I'd do an experiment with that.

This aside, though, it's a problem that goes way beyond just physically fitting into the clothes, and it's absolutely a gender issue. I'd have to deal with people talking behind my back, using words like "creep" and "disgusting", for wearing overly feminine clothes. These sentiments are very widespread in society. I also have to deal with a worry about being assaulted in public spaces, and women in general tend to be very gender aware and practice gender segregation, so I'd not be able to join any communities. And would be disliked if I got to join.
Even if you put aside the issue of body type fitting the clothes, there are plenty of issues no female ever has to face, no matter their heigth or weight, that I have to deal with.
>>
>>9478308
>he loves me but I can tell he was disappointed he didn't get a son
so, and why didn't he fuck your mum, until she gave birth to a son
>>
>>9481842
>When I started going to conventions I thought it would be an easy way for me to get a nerdy gf, but most convention girls usually have baggage or some red flag tbqh.
so, is there actually any other way, to get a nerdy girlfriend?
>>
>>9484860
>no necks, huge linebacker shoulders and are apparently shaped like barrels.

Paired with slender legs that's usually Cushing's syndrome. It can be cured by going to a hospital and getting medication to suppress excess cortisol, and eating less as the most common cause is obesity, but some people would rather be deformed.
>>
>>9484934

See, now this is a genuine gender issue that I can understand -- the weird looks, the disapproval, the negativity, people keeping a distance from you.

The other one described earlier simply focuses on guys' bodies being different, as if all girls are magically perfectly pretty beings, which is bullshit. Which is why I said those things aren't really gender issues.

>>9485529

There's one in the old lolita general still up >>9482623 but I can't tell if her legs are slender enough for Cushing's or there's some other thing going on.

Thank you for the info though, hopefully it helps some girls who haven't realised they have it to seek help.
>>
>>9485524
anime mom syndrome....
>>
>>9484860
>it’s no different from bigger-sized girls who don’t fit into burando either.
Sure. That's what I said.

>Tall girls exist. Girls with bigger frames exist.
That is exactly what I said.

>This still isn’t a gender problem.
OK, strictly speaing it's not a gender problem, but it is a sex problem. As I said, sex correlates with body build. Sure, women exist who have the same issues. But you are much more prone to having them when being a male.

The point of this thread originally was “What if you had been born a guy”. Well, if I had been born a girl, I probably would have a much different body build and not be just myself today with a penis and balls attached.

I see your point very clearly and you are fully correct in pointing out that there are (many) females who have the very same issues as most males have (if they want to get into Lolita). But still, these issues do correlate with your sex. Addressing your point of not being a pretty girl: Yes, females often have the same issue (and it may be even harder for them because it may be an everyday issue). But while many of them are not fated to be pretty girls, it pretty much is just impossible for basically all men. (And to be clear, that's not unjust or anything, that's just how it works.)

>>9485640
I can agree that they “aren't really gender issues”. But it is an issue that males generally have.

Finally, I didn't say this is my main issue (which I stated in >>9476877). I just wanted to clarify that being “smol and cute” very much is a gender/sex-related issue. But I wouldn't give two shits about not being the ideal 150 cm 40 kg Lolita if I was a girl.
>>
>>9476465

Yes, no more side binding
>>
>>9484558

Or maybe I would do it because it would turn me on, dipshit
>>
>>9487506
>craved attention
I already said that, ya dumpling
>>
>>9487616
>Craving attention
>on the Cosplay board

redundant and still misses the point lol
>>
>>9487940
You can post on a cosplay board and not crave attention and it doesn't really miss the point. The only thing I didn't explain was the reason behind such cravings. It totally could be a sexual basis depending on the person.
>>
>>9476465
I would probably be a lot more slutty. I think I still would be a crossplayer. Probably wouldn't be very into lolita though if I hadn't been pushed to be feminine by my family so much.
>>
As a guy that's dated someone into Lolita stuff (she was as "ideal" for it as you can get without being an actual child) it was fucking terrible aside from how cute she looked all the time. I'm pretty sure as long as you're a straight guy there's gonna be a component of attraction to an interest in Lolita so if you think you'd feel that way you'd probably still be into it. I don't think most guys would be into it based on the aesthetics & technical stuff but I could be totally off base there.
>>
File: dgfh.png (9KB, 1037x81px) Image search: [Google]
dgfh.png
9KB, 1037x81px
>>9484543
>I don't see how your gender is a restriction, though?
>>
>>9484725
>>9484732
Seconding the request for an example of this vocal pattern, if possible. I'm imagining it as a sort of cross between a valley girl and Homestar Runner.
>>
File: 1489353140175.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1489353140175.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>9484725
I am male, I cosplay and I second this. Almost every girl I met and exchanged phone number with has some issues.
>First girl has severe depression
>Second one has depression and big time self-esteem problems, also she is obsessed with an anime character and runs around like her in public.
>Third one is just a mental trainwreck and wants to be treated as a princess, daddy issues
>Okay the fourth one was just ugly.
>Fifth one cut herself, but at least she stopped, is a wallflower and doesn't have any emotions anymore to not get hurt.
There are many more, but I'll go to bed now.
Of course there are normal girls, too, but since they function properly they usually have a boyfriend.
>>
>>9476552
>balding

even though i am getting to that body i will stop cosplaying before i even started.

maybe i can go as riddick or something.
>>
>>9486183

Andrej Pejic.

Japanese vkei dudes.

It's possible for men to be born girly-looking. It's just that you're a gaijin with a bigger build, same as gaijin girls with bigger builds have been complaining forever that Japanese burando used to be for smol tiny Japanese girls.

It's not like I don't get where you're coming from, it's just that every time you bring up body issues I can point out how it's not actually related to your gender, it's just you having an body that's not suited to lolita.

I didn't answer your original comment, because it was quite clear there that you were worried about more than just body issues. The other ones implying that their balls and dick were the only things keeping guys back from having the perfect female bodies are the ones I answered. Like I said, that's the bullshit. Even if you were female you're likely to be too tall, too wide for lolita any way.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.