[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otakon 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 53

Three months out from the East Coast's biggest anime convention.

>New city, new and bigger location
>Anisong Matsuri, but not as good as AX's
>Will be ungodly hot, as always
>>
i'm going to the Idol night at AX's maturi, but Yousei Teikoku pull a better live show than any other japanese band at cons.
>>
>>9475639
Ah, yes. Finally an Otakon thread. What does everyone have planned for their cosplays?
>>
I'm disappointed in Otakon. For the biggest convention on the East Coast you'd think they would stop reusing the same guest. T.M. Revolution is a great performer and I love the music, but I honestly thought I was reading some old news.
>>
Anyone familiar with the area and have recommendations where to go to eat, drink, things besides the convention?
>>9476353
I'm still disappointed that the first guest they announced this year is Vic Mignogna.
>>
File: otakon-2017-initial-plans.jpg (1MB, 2824x1062px) Image search: [Google]
otakon-2017-initial-plans.jpg
1MB, 2824x1062px
>>9476335
Selesia, Rita, generic Handmaid, Frederica.

>>9476423
What's your budget and what's your travelling radius from the con center? You're smack in the middle of a large city with free museums and food in all price ranges; the possibilities are infinite.
>>
>>9476423
If you want to go full-out Japanese, there's a great ramen place in Chinatown called Daikaya. Easily metro-accessible. The only thing is it's pretty popular and walk-in only, so you'd probably want to go at off-hours.
>>
>>9476423
Chinatown is right next door. Metro is at the fingertips, so you can also use it to goto food court places like l'efant plaza. Multiple walgreens within the area if you're into cheap cookables.
>>
Did anyone here send in an application to do a panel?
>>
Bump. Post useful content.
>>
>>9476423
The U Street and H Streer areas have a ton of popular and hip restaurants.
>>
I'm going to cosplay as my dick.

How fast will I get arrested?
>>
>>9484663

You won't because nobody will see your "dick cosplay" without a microscope.
>>
>>9484664

I hope you cosplay as that telescope you're talking about so I can single you out and kick your ass, bjtch.
>>
>>9484690

Bring it on, baby dick.
>>
>>9484641

Avoid comet ping pong
>>
Any hetalia cosplayers? South Park?
>>
File: ota17.png (598KB, 895x404px) Image search: [Google]
ota17.png
598KB, 895x404px
>>9476335
May replace Nanashi with a Riven genderbend. Even so ill prolly still pack Nanashi if i have room.
>>
>>9475639

15 year Otakon goer here. This is going to be the first Otakon since I started going that I won't attend. I really liked the Baltimore Inner Harbor night life and spending time with the people I met from this board.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future.
>>
>otakon is now in dc
>katsucon in national harbor
>tfw you will never have to drive all the fucking way to baltimore every again to get your weeb on or pay for a hotel
>>
Looking like I may end up staying at the Renaissance this year. What's everyone else doing for the weekend?
>>
>>9485836
I liked it, it really grew on me. It'll feel weird not having the con be by a body of water. It IS way closer though, since I live in Williamsburg VA.

>>9486795
Hotel Monaco. Actually stayed at the one in Baltimore last Ota.
>>
>>9485836
I'm just excited I wont have to pay all the tolls that I did in Baltimore via I95.
>>
Anyone know if there's going to be a Fire Emblem gathering this year?
>>
File: IMG_0307.jpg (37KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0307.jpg
37KB, 268x268px
Is Legend of the Five Rings a thing at Otakon? I've been wanting to do an L5R cosplay for a while for my first cosplay. But I don't want to show up all dressed up and then not once get recognized
>>
>>9492998
I think it's probably safe to assume that at Otakon there'll be at least one person to recognize anything. Last year I cosplayed Jirou Gamou from Joker Game, who's just a guy in a suit by any standard, and I got recognized.
>>
>>9492178
facebook /events/650180915178709/
Two as usual
>>
>>9485836
>tfw now within 40 minutes of both of them
>>
>>9495356
MoCo?
>>
How is the gaming hall? I'm thinking of exhibit but I've never been to otakon.
>>
>>9495480
Not sure what that is
>>
>>9495741
Sorry, I used the dumbass shortened version that "cool" people use to sound like they live some place cool. I meant Montgomery County in Maryland.
>>
The hotel-to-con commute is going to be such a clusterfuck. People were already booking hotels half a mile away in the office high-rise parts of the city, and now Otakon is posting special rates for a hotel in Foggy fucking Bottom.
>>
>>9495337
Awesome, thanks!

It's harder to find cosplay gatherings since people don't seem to use cosplay.com as much anymore.
>>
i'm a virgin weeb dude

will girls fuck me if I go to this con?

serious question, not trolling
>>
>>9501361
Are you asian and have a six pack? Then yes.

If not, then you'll have to develop some social skills. Same as anywhere else.
>>
>>9501361
Got money?

If yes, get a prostitute. Check Craigslist for details.
>>
>>9502231
What if I am Asian, have a four pack and still don't even manage to talk to grills at these things
>>
>>9502568
Just go up to a girl? People at otakon are pretty friendly
>>
File: 1492468880299.jpg (717KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492468880299.jpg
717KB, 1920x1080px
>>9503298
>Just go up to a girl
>>
>>9503325
Cosplay something cool. I'm a pretty shy dude but when I cosplay girls ALWAYS come up to me and ask to take my pic. It's literally the only time in my life women ever approach me.
>>
>>9503743
How hot is it typically during otakon? I wanted to cosplay 9S from Nier but I'm pretty sure I'd sweat horrifically.
>>
>>9497056
>tfw still need a room.
I'd kill for floor space nearby.
>>
File: IMG_2601.png (1MB, 920x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2601.png
1MB, 920x2112px
>>9503893
Youd be pretty miserable walking around outside but it'd be better in the con. The shorts def help. I have high heat tolerance so I was able to cosplay Niles from FE Fates and be fine.

Speaking of, does anyone here think Fates cosplays are still pretty popularly relevant? Thinking of Niles for Saturday if I can't find anything better.
>>
Never been to the DC convention center. What are the best locations to hold cosplay gatherings?
>>
>>9503325
Anon, if you keep approaching a cute girl with fantasies of her being some unreachable pure maiden that is too good for you, of course you're going to spill spaghetti. Just get used to seeing them as regular people.
>>
>>9505339
Honestly there's not much in that part of town. It is a couple of subway stops away from the National Mall though.
>>
>>9505339
Carnegie Library.
>>
I'm curious about cons. What is fun about them? Should I make this one babby's first?
>>9477030
Late reply, but for those who don't know Chinatown has ain't what it used to be. If you want good Chinese food you have to go places like Mark's Duck House in Fall's Church and Full Kee on Wheaton
>>
Would it be dumb to cosplay a character from Star Trek? I plan on "weebin' " it up a bit.
>>
>>9496205
Oh. nope I'm in Prince William County in VA
>>
>>9506175
>>9506175
You're surrounded by degenerates, nerds and weaboos. Anything goes. I've seen Deadpools cosplaying as other characters and other unholy mixes that were unexpectedly well received by the general crowds. If a guy wearing a plain blue party city morphsuit and cardboard box with "mech" written on it can be D.VA, you can do whatever the fuck you want. Just remember to have fun and enjoy being the character you're cosplaying.
>>
What are people's travel and stay plan like. I moved to NY recently and I'm curious how other people are going to do it.
>>
Is a /cgl/ meetup happening this year? And if so would we still go to a bar or does anyone have anything else planned out?
>>
>>9508565
There will be a meetup, but nothing too organized unless someone steps up. I don't recall any bars as cozy as Water Street Tavern. If there is, it'll be a odd first year considering we knew the main bartender for 5+ years.
>>
>>9504001
Fates cosplay is still pretty popular, yeah. Not as big as last otakon I'm guessing, but still very much a thing
>>
>>9508565
There's always a meetup. Somebody'll inevitably post here recommending a location and we'll either fight or acquiesce.
>>
>>9507136
Me and my friends just drive up from the bottom of North Carolina. The drive sucks but I don't understand how people plane tickets
>>
>>9507136
I live in Mass, and I will be taking the train down.
>>
>>9505853
Pls respond
Should I give cons a shot, or not?
>>
>>9513989
Go for it. Otakon's pretty big, but it'd also probably be at least half-decent for e-peen if you made Otakon's first DC con your first anime con.
>>
>>9507136
NY anon, my friends and I are renting a van and driving down.
>>
>>9507136
MD anon here, I'm staying at my house and riding the metro in every day. People are gonna think I'm an autist or something.
>>
>>9484700
Why? What if I want to wear my pedobear costume there?
>>
>>9514116
Pedobear costume? Are you some sort of history reinactor?
>>
>>9514119
It's been long enough that you probably could wear it to comet ping pong without getting thrown out or forcibly suicided.
>>
>>9507136
I'll be driving up from VA, staying with family outside of town, and taking the metro in
>>
>>9507136
I live a mile away. Depending on the Marriott's parking situation, I'll Uber in or drive.
>>
>>9507136
NJ here. Just driving down.
>>
>Want to hit up grills at
con
>90% of them are bi 14 yr olds

rip and the hotter and curvier they are the younger they tend to be, why tf are these kids BTFOing the chicks in their 20's reee
>>
>>9514076
I don't have any friends to go with though. Can I still have fun?
>>
>>9518183

Yeah, and you'll probably end up making a few new friends. Spend time at active panels, and go play vidya games-- You're bound to at least have conversations with people while you wait your turn.
>>
Will be in town from CA, where would a good place to stay be? Is taking the Metro in every day a good idea? How sweaty should I expect to get with the 200% humidity?
>>
>>9518999
You should be good as long as you stay in DC city area. Transferring lines can be a huge pain, especially if you're on the Orange/Blue lines since they're always single tracking so I'd stick with NW DC. As for humidity, it'll feel like a swimming pool. Aka you'll be sweating within 5 minutes of walking outside.
>>
Last year I went dressed up as a travelling salesman and sold "rare anime and manga" out of a giant box that I carried.

I want to do something similar this year, but instead I want to give things out for free and have a smaller, less heavy way of doing so.

Any ideas?
>>
Katsu's probably bigger
>>
>>9519567
Katsu reported 17,000 attendees in 2016. Otakon reported 29,113 attendees in 2016. If you assume that another 6,000 Katsu attendees ghost and that Otakon's attendance will drop 6,000 due to the new venue, then I suppose they could be about the same size.
>>
>>9519079
Dress up as Cooking Mama and pass out cookies.
>>
File: RoryComp.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RoryComp.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>9518999

Good guide to hotels near MetroRail http://hotelsneardcmetro.com/

If you really wanna go on the cheap, look at the Holiday Inn on Eisenhower Ave in Alexandria VA. Its along the Yellow line so it runs right past National Airport and straight to the convention center

I agree with avoiding orange/blue/silver lines as they are continually cucked.

As an aside, WMATA would prefer people not wear costumes on the Metro, but I remember seeing quite a few going to Awesome Con
>>
>>9519079
Are you going to have the Jack Slate DVDs again? Because I definitely want one.
>>
How likely am I to get away with smuggling a flask of whiskey in the leg of my boot?
>>
>>9526298
They were searching bags at Awesomecon, but there were no metal detectors and no pat downs. There was a dog at the entrance, too, but I assume it was a bomb dog and not a drug dog.
>>
>>9526298
I have never gotten my purse checked at otakon and me and my friends sneak full bottle of alcohol into the con. If anything, just put your alcohol in a water bottle and have fun. They only really search bags at the rave since they can't search 29,000+ people.
>>
>>9526441
That was Baltimore Otakon. At AwesomeCon this weekend, there was only one entrance, and they checked all bags at the entrance. I don't know if that's an AwesomeCon thing or a DC Convention Center thing.
>>
>>9526203
Honestly, who ever follows WMATA's rules anymore anyways, especially since they're so incompetent.

I hope everyone's prepared for the awful humidity.
>>
God damnit, I'm so excited.
I got most of my cosplays done. And 3 of the days I'm cosplaying with groups. Resident Evil, Persona 5, and Harvest Moon. I just need to get the wig for Futaba by this point and finish up her left boot. (Everything else is in the mail for finished)
But Ive got a lolita friend this year, too
>>
File: 1439116056582.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1439116056582.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>Going by myself
>First time crossplaying without my friends back home
>Airbnb so this normal, functioning adult is going to live with an anime degenerate for a weekend
I'm excited to go but man I don't want to deal with this.
>>
File: IMG_4757.jpg (3MB, 3857x3321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4757.jpg
3MB, 3857x3321px
>>9526684

That was an Awesome Con thing, last I heard Otakon does not plan any kind of bag check.

Its going to be a learning curve for everyone this year.
>>
>>9505853
Honestly Otakon has gone so downhill in resent years, and it's so pricey that I wouldn't recommend it as your first con. I would say Katsucon would be your best bet for a first con in the DMV.

>>9507136
I live not too far away but I have a room at the Marriott. I'm just ready for my first Otakon where I don't actually have to go outside. Depending on how much makeup, clothing, and wigs I am bringing I will either metro into the city or do an uber in.

>>9497056
WTF Foggy Bottom? Also don't forget metro closes early af now so whoever is out there is going to have to have their act together or be ready to uber.
>>
>>9526937
Honestly DC weather has been so kind so far this year. We only had a week of ungodly humidity and the heat hasn't been the worst thing ever either. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us for Otakon too... I just know that last year was horrible because it wsa so goddamn hot.
>>
>>9528299
Pull a Nippon and change at the convention center maybe?
>>
>>9526298
Put it in an empty apple juice bottle.
>>
>>9530120
>tfw cosplaying as okarin and smuggling rum in my Dr Pepper
>>
>>9530120
That's a lot for one person
>>
File: 1493753104726.png (121KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493753104726.png
121KB, 512x512px
Any pursowner cosplayers lurking here?
>>
I've got a room at the Renaissance and would like a couple more guests. Anyone still looking for a room?
>>
File: 1320227187852.png (13KB, 116x123px) Image search: [Google]
1320227187852.png
13KB, 116x123px
>>9533229
I'm still looking for a room and would be interested! Feel free to email me

[email protected]
>>
>>9533400
Sure. Let me get back to you sometime tonight.
>>
>>9533229
I'm still looking, since the friend I usually go to cons with is doing comiket this year.
>>
>>9533905
Gibbe email. Unless there is a better way to message people. Sorry if there is, I've been lurking for years and I should probably know better.
>>
File: IMG_6723.jpg (934KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6723.jpg
934KB, 1632x1224px
>>9533229
For reasons that elude me, the Renaissance has a faux-Asian sitting area. Have fun.
>>
>>9532520
Yep. My friends and I are going a grou.
>>
>>9476335
Johnny Joestar

And maybe Volgin if I feel like it.
>>
This is the first time I'm going to Otakon, I'm coming in from New Jersey. What should I expect there? Do they sell cosplay? Is staying at hotel really necessary, or will I be able to experience everything in the first day?
>>
>>9535257
Itd be a waste to go just for a day. Air bnb is good if its just you by yourself
Yes, they swll cosplays. But theyre over priced.
Expect it to be hot as balls.
>>
>>9533229
If you are still looking for people I'm interested in splitting a room.
[email protected]
>>
How do you sell a badge you purchased if its under your ID?
>>
>>9476335

Friday's costume is Phase 4 Murdoc Niccals

Saturday's will most likely be a Gerudo Guard, but I've still got a lot to do on that front, so it might not be finished in time.
>>
Super Smash Con is the same weekend and 30 minutes~ away near Dulles Airport. Wish they would've both collaborated somehow this year.
>>
Does anyone else just go to Otakon like out of habit now? Like there are literally no guest I have even a mild interest in the line up this year, registration is $95, and the registration hasn't even hit 13k people yet. I don't know how the hotels sold out so fast, it seems like no one really wants to go.

You would think with a bigger venue Otakon would be trying to up their game again.
>>
Is anyone going to be 'jerkin it' at Otakon this year?

I wanna bring muh dick and 'jerkin it'.
>>
>>9542188
>and the registration hasn't even hit 13k people yet.

One, how do you know? Two, what was registration this time last year?

If Otakon doesn't hit 30K, it's going to feel like a ghost town at the convention center.
>>
>>9542467
The main hotel is not even sold out.
>>
After looking at their guest list, I just cancelled my room. I can't support a con that invites cosplay guests that harass people and use their target's newborn children as fuel for their harassment, but get away with it and are given a pass because its "black on black".

And also what anon said above, main hotel is not even sold out. This con is going to shit and not worth the price tag.
>>
>>9542587
>And also what anon said above, main hotel is not even sold out. This con is going to shit and not worth the price tag.

You can thank the recent riots due to the president inauguration this year made a huge factor due to the prices going up.
>>
File: Registration.png (24KB, 973x153px) Image search: [Google]
Registration.png
24KB, 973x153px
>>9542467
There just took the screen shot.

>>9542792
What are you even talking about with riots? The price of Otakon, and the price of the hotels was settled on before the election even happened. The price of the convention also goes up about five dollars every year and has been since at least 2009.
>>
>Only 12,000 registered with a month to go

DEDCON
>>
>>9533910
made a throwaway:

[email protected]
>>
File: WhenYourWholeSquadsAtOtakon.png (1MB, 1673x637px) Image search: [Google]
WhenYourWholeSquadsAtOtakon.png
1MB, 1673x637px
>>9542467
>>9542582
>>9543079

Im actually even more excited because of this. Means less lines, less panels running out of seats or just room space in general, more breathing space when walking around in the dealers room, and easier hotel booking. This is the first con where all 12 of my friends are able to go together. We are gonna fuck shit up, already got our rooms and thats all i care about. The new location being so close was just icing. Yall triflin letting something like "low" prereg attendance be such a big factor to you.
>>
>>9542582
Its sold out on sites I looked up. However, because I looked it up, i managed to snag a hotel a lot closer than what I had before.
Cheers!
>>
File: 1498843331154.jpg (47KB, 540x466px) Image search: [Google]
1498843331154.jpg
47KB, 540x466px
If I order a Felix costume on AliExpress today, will it arrive on time for Otakon?
>>
Fml I don't have any of my cosplays completed. I really don't want to pull a bunch of all-nighters for this shit.
>>
File: hafu.jpg (76KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hafu.jpg
76KB, 1024x576px
>>9544665
>>
>>9544415
Or you can just get a hotel, sit in it and brag about how you got so fucked up on weed and booze. Because thats all you are actually going to do. Why even wait till otakon and waste money on badges?
>>
>>9544530
There is only one "site" to reserve rooms. If you are reserving on something else, you are a fucking autistic moron. The reason its sold out on other "sites" is because otakon blocked off those rooms to be sold on their site and their site only through the housing service. Cheers mate!
>>
File: badasschan.png (130KB, 680x511px) Image search: [Google]
badasschan.png
130KB, 680x511px
>>9544903
Calm down?
What a way to react to a positive post.
>>
>>9542850
>What are you even talking about with riots? The price of Otakon, and the price of the hotels was settled on before the election even happened.

Didn't know about this, my mistake.
>>
>>9544901
Idk how to respond to this. Im sorry you lack friends? The only negative is theres only 1 girl out of the 12 of us but i dont go to cons for chicks anyway. 100% of the girls i see at cons are with guys already anyway.
>>
>>9544901
>>9544903
Legit question, are you okay, anon?
>>
Wait, so I not go and make some other con my first??
>>
>>9545220
>>9544924
No fuck you I will not calm down. You are posting some bad fucking misinformation acting like Otakon is the high shit selling out place to be. The fucking con has a major issue with attendance numbers crashing and the last thing I want to see, rather then fixing it, is fucktards acting like this con is filled to the gills. I love otakon, but I am seriously worried they are going to get attrition billed to death if they don't step up their fucking game.
>>
>>9545223
You can go but don't be surprised to be disappointment due to the low attendance rate this year.

I still really expect huge turnout because DC has lot tourism and support.
>>
>>9545254
Dude, >>9545220 was my first post in this thread, you just sound super angry and I was wondering why.

I don't give a shit if it is sold out or not, I'm going to have fun with my friends, and because the vending, artist, and gaming rooms are sweet. Last con I attended had 40k people but those three parts sucked, so attendance means nothing to me. I'd rather have a lot of space and shop/game with more options. Of course, these are my personal feelings.
>>
>>9545292
From what I can remember, I usually buy my badge around this time and nomally around 12k to 15k have registered. Otakon gets ALOT of walk in registrations since it takes less time and you don't have to worry about that enormous line. I personally think this year will have a big turn out since it's a shorter drive to D.C. and there is a big con crowd in the area.
>>
>>9545745
NAYRT but I'm >>9544924
I'm with you on this. Im able to see my out of state friends that I rarely get to see, we can cosplay together, go to photoshoots, see other cosplayers, buyour nerd stuff, and just have a ton of fun.
I don't really care about panels or guests, the only time in the past 5 years that we've cared were with Dante Basco.
Attendance doesn't matter to me and I'd rather it not be too packed because over crowding is why I dislike NYCC.
>>
>>9546761
If otakon does not meet certain financial goals, they get blasted. They have to reach a certain attendance and they have not even achieved 1/2 of it this year.
>>
>>9545945
No. Keep the DC sluts away from Otakon. Go tramp up the Gaylord.
>>
Looking at the above posts about attendance, I'm assuming it'd be safe to wait another two weeks to buy my badge? My last and next paycheck aren't too good and school is about to start back up.
>>
>>9547509
Check whether there's a cutoff date for pre-reg.
>>
>>9547512
The last 3 years its been the wednesday before the con opens
>>
>>9514098
aint that the truth anon. its a 30 min drive from my place but nobody knows how to park in DC and finding parking will be a nightmare. the only thing with the trains is WMATA is upping the far, they were already shitty to begin with, and the cutoff time for the lines are waaay earlier than they were in the past.
>>
>>9549684
https://spothero.com/washington-dc/convention-center-parking

Most of the little ones around the convention center will be full, and Friday will be a clusterfuck. But when the parking lots that cater to the business crowd around Metro Center clear out on the weekend, you should be fine as long as you're willing to walk half a mile or so.
>>
>>9547512
>>9547561
I checked and didn't see a date on the website, I'm gonna trust second anon and hope they don't cut it off too early. Thank you!
>>
>>9550325
Im the second anon- them cutting off prereg the wednesday before is why the line for prereg is always literally 5 hours of waiting.
Luckily because I have really bad asthma and will suffocate in crowded, unmoving, lines, I am allowed to use the special services line.
>>
Should I throw together an Ebola-chan cosplay for Otakon or is it too old of a meme?
>>
>>9486957
Hi @ another otakon person from Williamsburg!
>>
>>9545254

Stop complaining and become part of the solution, join Otakon staff,
>>
>>9550990
See, now you're asking anon to actually do something more than typing angrily on 4chan.
Likely theyre some fatty-chan who just rages at everything.
I heard processed foods can cause aggression.
>>
File: Title_24.jpg (77KB, 720x338px) Image search: [Google]
Title_24.jpg
77KB, 720x338px
>>9551024
>>
>>9550319
How bad do you think it would be Thursday morning?
>>
>>9550990
Yeah because being a door checker is totally going to fix the management problems. Fucking retarded staffer.
>>
>>9551364
Have... have you even been to otakon? At the BCC the door checkers werent otakon staff. They were bcc security.
>>
>>9550344
Yikes, I almost forgot about how bad my friends said that the lines were. Hopefully they don't give you trouble, anon.
>>
>>9551601
You obviously have not been to otakon because they do use regular staff to guard the door lines.
>>
>>9551601
>>9551631

They used both
>>
File: IMG_4735.jpg (3MB, 3913x3009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4735.jpg
3MB, 3913x3009px
Any update on the pre-reg numbers?
>>
File: Otakon2017_Registered.png (24KB, 994x142px) Image search: [Google]
Otakon2017_Registered.png
24KB, 994x142px
Ehhh, seems like it's been going up by a hundred every few days.
>>
I'll fook your cute butte
>>
One month to go- how's prereg looking?
>>
>>9557304
dismal
>>
>>9557304
>need 30k to break even
>currently have 13k

tfw you get a front row seat to the titanic
>>
File: Shit attendance.png (3KB, 309x85px) Image search: [Google]
Shit attendance.png
3KB, 309x85px
Actual Otakon staff here. The pre reg numbers are awful and if the con breaks 20k we would be lucky IMO. The anon talking about management problems was right. Even as a department head you can only do what the executives want and currently they are so incompetent they have no clue what they want.
>>
>>9559723
That feel when 2 south east cons that were not even featured in video games are going to blast Otakon out of the water in attendee numbers.
>>
File: katsucon2016_cosplay_19.jpg (489KB, 1000x1163px) Image search: [Google]
katsucon2016_cosplay_19.jpg
489KB, 1000x1163px
>>9559723
If attendance stays that low you can move to the Gaylord and become Summer Katsucon!
>>
Anyone see this shit?
https://www.otakon.com/news/2017/07/08/otakon-issues-warning-of-fake-hotel-website/
>>
>>9559723
What do you expect? Its a all volunteer convention. If you want competence then you have to pay for it.

My biggest criticism with oatkon is your security. Make them visible. Shit man make your staff visible, black shirts blend in with the crowd.
>>
>>9560078
Theres competence but its all bogged down at division head level. No way to move up right now due to the structure and voting rules. As for the security, that's not my department, can't really comment on it.

>>9560001
Is that before or after we flood a hotel room? lol

>>9559837
titantic.gif
>>
>>9542850
No, the price of Otakon has actually been the same since 2015. The first 10k get in for $85 if they are new to Otakon, $80 if they went to Otakon before. Anyone after 10k (in 2016 and 2017, while 2015 made it $100 after 25k) is $95, but $90 if you went to Otakon before. Before that Otakon was $70 to $80 from 2012 to 2014.
>>
File: Gen-3.jpg (297KB, 913x859px) Image search: [Google]
Gen-3.jpg
297KB, 913x859px
>>9560414

Also Otakon staff, this Anon speaks the truth.

Structure and voting rules were fine when it was a sub-1000 person con in State College PA, but they never evolved to match the new reality.

As such, you only have a handful of people running the show who just switch chairs every few years.

More people need to become staff and start showing up at the planning meetings.
>>
>>9560791
Hopefully with remote voting, people can start reversing this trend. But I fear it's already too late.
>>
>>9559837
Anime Expo - approximately 100,420 warm bodies (up 10.96%)
A-Kon - 32,639 warm bodies (up 11.08%)
Anime Central - 31,469 warm bodies (up 1.14%)
Anime North - 29,973 paid attendees (down 0.78%)
Otakon - 29,113 paid attendees (up 8.32%)
Anime Weekend Atlanta - 28,781 paid attendees (up 14.63%)
Anime Matsuri - 30,215 warm bodies, 28,270 paid attendees (up 24.2%)
Anime Boston - 26,975 warm bodies (down 0.64%)
Sakura-Con - approximately 23,000 paid attendees
Youmacon - 21,036 paid attendees (up 9.56%)
Otakuthon - 21,315 warm bodies (up 5.47%

I trust AnimeCons numbers but if this doesn't scale they are literally going to drop out of the top 10, who is going to take the new 10, momo?
>>
>>9560904
Momo this year broke 31k
>>
>>9560791
The rub in that, is there actually needs to _be_ a con to plan come next year for more people to set up and I'm ngl the financial situation is such, I'm strongly wondering if that's gonna happen.
>>
>>9542188
Hell, most of my group hasn't seen anime since 7 years ago and still go. It's mostly an excuse for a holiday and party.
>>
>>9476423
Take a look at Tyler Cowen's Ethnic Dining Guide. Sometimes he's outdated, but for the most part he's on the money.
>>
>>9560078
Every con has its staffing drama, but Otakon breeds a special level of incompetent leadership that is finally catching up to it. I staff for a different large con, and we can always count on Otakon staff to produce the most batshit stories every year.
>>
>>9561370
Share a few that you remember?
>>
File: 15001547649581653774732.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
15001547649581653774732.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Badge and some info arrived for me today.
>>
>>9562896
>that piss small room for registration.
I really hope that's not the case. There's so much better options for registration, especially at the north building.
>>
>>9560913
Momo's real numbers were 25k. They report comped badges as attendee numbers. Even if those badges were used or not. They also let their guests, even minor, to bring large entourages that get free admission.
>>
File: floorplan-conv-1st-floor.png (243KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
floorplan-conv-1st-floor.png
243KB, 2500x2500px
>>9562943

Dude, have you actually BEEN to the convention center? Reg is Salon G, H and I, pic related
>>
>>9563094
GHI is 86' x 136' feet. Add in the pre-function space as line space, and you're up to 111' x 136'. That seems comparable to Otakon's usual indoor registration space.
>>
>>9563813
Forgot floorplans with footage. http://www.dcconvention.com/attachments/convention-center/floorplans-apr2011.aspx
>>
File: IMG_1141.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>9563814

Gomen, just wanted to show the space and that its not *that* small

Also keep in mind Otakon is taking up the whole filppin' center. Then there is all that Marriott Marquis function space as well.

When Otakon moved to the BCC in 1999, it only took half the space, by 2004 it took the entire building. Hopefully Otakon grows into the new space, not unlike SDCC when it moved in the 1990s
>>
>>9505433
/this
Everyone is a normal person so treat them like one, stupid
>>
~24 days from con and just over 14k pre-reg, How doomed is this con?
>>
>>9565321

This year its gonna be awesome.

NEXT year is gonna suck
>>
>>9566262
Why do you say that?
>>
>>9567782
Not that anon, but my guess is:

>2017: lots of guests, vendors, artists, etc., but not as many guests, so lines are short and the convention isn't crowded. Basically, Otakon's normal level of content, but with fewer people to fight for it.
>2018: Otakon has no money after 2017's shit badge sales and hemorrhages money into a venue contract for a site that's too big for it, vendors/artists stay away because sales/traffic was low in 2018. Basically, a massive plunge in content.
>>
Pre-reg is 14k, will prob be around 18/19k by convention date.

Northern Virginia/Washington D.C will just register on Day 1

Will prob only have around 25k though which is unfortunate.
>>
Oji San pls
>>
File: 1483394680630.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483394680630.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>>9567899

I'm that anon, you are not far off.

If 2017 hemorrhages money, its going to mean a lot of drastic cuts to 2018.

Also, Otakon Vegas is a money pit
>>
>>9557726
>the only people that attend Otakon preregistered
>>
>>9569553

The trick is going to be how to rope in the Normie's kids
>>
>>9568715
It goes beyond drastic cuts for 2018. The con is out of money by like early next year if things don't at least break even this year.
>>
>>9570854
We can replace it with Notakon.
>>
File: O2017.jpg (181KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
O2017.jpg
181KB, 358x500px
>>9570854

The panic meeting today lived up to its name
>>
File: insectrepellent.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
insectrepellent.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>9571220
deets
>>
>>9570854
Maybe they should cancel Otakon Vegas?
>>
>>9508667
>>9508565
pls dont take us to a bar because i'm not 21 yet!
>>
>>9569849
I've seen no advertising on the metro for at all for Otakon. Meanwhile Awesome Con was spamming ads like crazy on the metro several months before the con.
>>
Should I prereg or just buy my tickets when I get there?
>>
>>9571861
Unless you like waiting hours in line to save a few bucks- buy them when you get there. It won't be sold out and the line will likely be shorter.
>>
>>9571522
Otakon never advertises, and Awesome Con is normie-friendly enough that advertising works.
>>
File: IMG_2700.jpg (54KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2700.jpg
54KB, 220x220px
Rate my cosplay
>>
>>9550506
Maybe give cure-chan a try
>>
File: JPEG_20170715_221231.jpg (191KB, 964x1288px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170715_221231.jpg
191KB, 964x1288px
>>9572197
I already made the hat though.
>>
>>9571976
I remember them running commercials during toonami a few years ago
>>
>>9572463
I half wish Vic would have made one for this year, since hes going.
Would have been a trainwreck, but still...
>>
>>9572594
>>
>>9572620
Exactly. I need a little more joy in my life.
>>
>>9571229
If Ota tries to cancel on Vegas, their hotel contract will lose them a shit ton of money. If they run the event as planned they lose slightly less shit tons of money. It's fucked coming and going.
>>
We're at just under 15k pre-reg as of now
>>
File: burning-train1.jpg (607KB, 1017x747px) Image search: [Google]
burning-train1.jpg
607KB, 1017x747px
Oh yeah, gonna have bag inspections just like Awesome Con, Otakon got "voluntold" to have them.

Couldn't decide if it would be a dumpster fire or train wreck this year. So why not both?
>>
>>9573716
Voluntold? Does that mean volunteers were pushing for it?
>>
>>9573716
Fuck, I usually carry an extra set of undergarments and padding around in my bag, I hate the thought of some stranger seeing them.
>>
>>9573968
No one cares about your shimapan and chicken cutlets. We know you are a slut. we only care if you have needles and pills
>>
>>9573716
Does this mean the Marriott tunnel will be closed?

>>9573968
If it's the same bag checking routine as Awesome Con, they just want you to open the biggest portion of your bag and show them that there isn't a gun. I may be remembering wrong, but they actually aren't allowed to touch your bag. If you stick non-bulky items in a side pocket, you should be fine.
>>
On the topic of security- i truly wonder if some tumblr tartlet is going to pull some extreme anti-trump shit and get in trouble.
>>
>>9573726
It means that they where told they have to do them by a higher authority even though officially they did it willingly.
>>
>>9475639
Every time I see the guy in the thumbnail I think this is an Umineko thread and get excited.
>>
>>9571864
>It won't be sold out
I know you just told me it won't be but this it my primary concern, has there ever been a year where registration at door wasn't available?
>>
>>9574399
Not that I know of. Ive always pre reg'd.
Honestly, this year may be the year that i 100% wont sell out.
I think you have until August 9th of you want to play by ear.
>>
Schedules up
Lets all see what good things will be cancelled and terrible things be revered
>>
>>9574738
Swap Meet is during the persona photoshoot on saturday...
Well fuck me.
I'll just go to friday's in my RE outfit.
>>
>>9571861
>>9571864
You guys have an idea how much it'll cost at the door?
>>
hi, my friend and I need a room. We're both 18 year old girls and would prefer to room with other girls.

[email protected]
>>
>>9503325

just be yourself :)
>>
>>9574281
Thank goodness it's not just me.
>>
Is anyone rlse kind of hoping that CWC continues his social streak and goes to otakon?
>>
>>9574257
>Does this mean the Marriott tunnel will be closed?
asking this as well
>>
>>9573726

No, "Voluntold" as in "The powers that be strongly suggest you implement bag inspections, and by the way you can't not do it"

>>9574257
Per the Otakon Message Boards, the Marriott Marquis tunnel *will* be open, but there might be a bag inspection there too.
>>
File: 1499068127769.jpg (194KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1499068127769.jpg
194KB, 1920x1440px
>>9575961

https://board.otakon.com/index.php?/topic/28447-tunnel-from-marriott-marquis-to-wewcc/#comment-311731

Note: Tunnel will NOT be opened on Thursday
>>
Probably won't be that hot.
>>
>>9575717
100$
>>
This is my first year buying a hotel for myself, when do they normally charge you for the room? It doesn't appear they have for me
>>
>>9577223
When you check in.
>>
>fourteen days
>no one cares
>dead con
>>
What's the projected turn out for this year? I've been at this venue before for Awesome Con and there were a lot more non-cosplayers than I expected. And for the most part I noticed most people congregated in that one big room instead of running around all over the venue like at Katsucon. Should I expect this to be more like Awesome Con or Katsucon?
>>
>>9577866
neither

At this point, Otakon wishes it could be like Katsu or Awesome Con
>>
File: Otakons.png (1MB, 1052x457px) Image search: [Google]
Otakons.png
1MB, 1052x457px
>>
Con is in two weeks, how is your cosplays going gulls?
>>
File: Untitled.png (213KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
213KB, 1600x900px
>>9475639
Still going to be a ghost town of a convention unless we get about 10k more people.
>>
File: baginspection.png (31KB, 741x274px) Image search: [Google]
baginspection.png
31KB, 741x274px
Y'all excited for this???
>>
>>9579150
I'm completely indifferent as long as they have enough staffers at the inspection points. I went through that line twice Saturday at Awesome Con, and it was five minutes the first time and no wait the second time.
>>
>>9579150
Why is otakon determined to get people to not go to their convention?
>>
>>9579465
Its less otakon and more dc.
>>
>>9572096
If youre really wearing that what day are you going to
>>
>>9572315
HOLY SHIT WHAT DAY ARE YOU DOING EBOLA CHAN?
>>
File: jak.png (1MB, 1050x458px) Image search: [Google]
jak.png
1MB, 1050x458px
>>9578254
ftfy
>>
I just want some fat cosplay chick with a pimply face smelling like ellios pizza to sit on my dick desu~
>>
>>9581089
Thats some high standards for weebs, youve go there.
>>
>>9579965
Not sure yet, I can't seem to find when they're doing the 2hu photoshoot.
>>
I have a hotel room to myself which has a pool , anyone who wants is welcome to come hangout go swimming etc.
>>
>>9584211
Not with that thin thing sweetheart.
>>
>>9581287

Do u like hot grillz?
>>
File: beltmod.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
beltmod.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Well this is my first time going to a big con, and i'm freaking excited. Driving down from CT too

Gotta ask, how big is the tokusatsu scene at these cons?
>>
>>9584412
That's quite the drive. Hopefully the convention turns out great this year.

The Tokusatsu scene isn't exactly big, but it's there.
>>
>>9581287
Do you want to be friends?
>>
>>9584412
There's typically a few panels on toku (though I can only see one KR panel this year), and there's a photoshoot on Saturday, but it's never seemed too big.

One of these years I'll finish the Wizard cosplay I started on like two years ago, but this is not that year
>>
>>9584541
>>9584660
Ah oh well, as long as I'm not the only one wearing something kr related I'll be happy
>>
Is anyone familiar with this area that knows of any good bars near the convention? My friends and I were planning on going to a meet up with you all, but seeing as nobody has posted one yet, we will probably bar hop and hit the rave later on Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>9585050
I could organize something whats the best way we can all get in contact? Discord?
>>
>>9584573
Sure
>>
>>9585106

Yeah, that sounds good to me.
>>
>>9585050
I may see if I can meet people at the bar.
But no way in hell Im going to the rave.
>>
>>9585111
https://discord.gg/pRNsq8

Heres a discord i created something simple for us to organize to get together feel free to invite anyone attending the con who wants to meetup :)
>>
>>9585121

Have you been to the raves yet? I started going a couple of years ago and they have been fun, though I'm always with a group. We usually drink and then head over to them.
>>
>>9585131
I went once. The issue is I used to go to raves in philly.
So the con raves always suck imo.
>>
>>9585151
I live in philly, not too many raves here anymore many venues shut down
>>
>>9585156
Yeah, this was ages ago. Circa 2008-2012ish
I kind of miss nocturn night at Shampoo
>>
>>9585176
Omg shampoo I remember that haha
>>
Anyone hitting up the lolita tea party?
>>
>>9581287
Which gender are you
>>
>>9585357
I am a 24m , join our discord
https://discord.gg/pRNsq8
>>
File: IMG_4745.jpg (3MB, 4351x2631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4745.jpg
3MB, 4351x2631px
Staffer here,

Looks like we are on track for 20,000 pre-reg

Really hope we got a lot of at-door registrations.

Y'all stay safe getting down here please
>>
What's the over-under on Otakon going Kickstarter next year?
>>
>>9586047

Placing my bets on selling the name and contractual obligations to Reedpop, personally
>>
>>9585503
>Really hope we get a lot of at-door regs.
So does this mean you guys are definitely going to be doing at door registrations?
I have been considering just doing at door registration to skip the prereg line. My only concern was "what if there is no at door registration".
>>
Hey everybody heres the discord were all in, merged with another group

https://discord.gg/42k83dV
>>
So does the discord link getting spread around mean that this isn't a /cgl/-specific meetup anymore?
>>
>>9585503
LOL, really reaching there aren't you.
>>
Listen up dorks. Chad, Tyrone and Chang about to come up heah and crash your little dork party and take yo girl
>>
>>9586223
I mean its all yours call what you wanna do, I figured the more the merrier

Should we go to a bar?
>>
>>9586223
The original link is /cgl/ meetup, 2nd link is Otakon in general
>>
>>9586294
Yep sorry for the confusion
>>
>>9586255
I put a rape case on Chad, plant drugs on Tyrone and deport Chang.

Problems solved.
>>
>>9586255
But what if I'm Chad?
>>
>>9586294

Can you post invite to the meet up, link expired
>>
File: IMG_0050.jpg (119KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
119KB, 512x384px
>>9586255
>>
>>9586391
https://discord.gg/MzvXnNA

This one wont expire :)
>>
File: otakon.png (37KB, 578x532px) Image search: [Google]
otakon.png
37KB, 578x532px
Feel free to vomit at what I have created.
>>
>>9586698
move "OTA" to the left and tilt the fan upward more so it doesn't overlap with the "KON"
>>
>>9586978
I'll do that tomorrow, if I remember.
>>
>>9586336
Kek thanks for the laugh anon. DC is 99% washed up frat boys though.>>9586373
>>
We're going to do at-door reg this year because my friends are all shift-workers and we can't even get to the con until mid-evening Saturday.

Just makes me wonder why I make all these cosplays to be worn for 2 hours while I frantically try to shop before they close the dealer's alley.

DC is pretty, but this is going to be a shit show with all the locals. Baltimore seems to care less about weird kids dressed in costumes outside of Halloween. I feel like there should be a PSA about how and why to not act like a total jackass in our nation's capital.
>>
I know it's kind of late, but some people in our group faked this past week, so we've got some room in a suite we booked at the Homewood Suites right by the WCC, I can't say for how many people exactly (6 person suite but we usually cram into these rooms every year anyways, so just depends on if you don't mind that sort of thing), but lemme know if anyone's interested and I'll pass on some contact info!
>>
>>9587478
>DC is pretty, but this is going to be a shit show with all the locals. Baltimore seems to care less about weird kids dressed in costumes outside of Halloween. I feel like there should be a PSA about how and why to not act like a total jackass in our nation's capital.

We already have Awesome Con here in the same spot, no one gives a shit
>>
File: IMG_1758.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1758.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>9587478

You gotta remember that by year 5, Baltimore was totally cool with "The Aliens" (their nickname for cosplayers), by year 17 Otakon became a people-watching event for the normies.

With DC everything resets and everyone has to start fresh. Fortunately the WCC is a lesser-traveled tourist area compared with The Mall.

Whats going to be interesting is to see how well Chinatown adapts to the influx of otaku walking down to get some food. Lot of place don't realize that the foot traffic will be nothing like it is for a Wizards/Capitals game.

RIP Sbarro
>>
>>9587913
>RIP Sbarro

Don't tell anyone Nando's exists
>>
>>9587999

Nandos and Sbarros isn't comparable. One is a chicken place and the other is a pizza place
>>
>>9588003
I just meant to keep Nando's from getting flooded by con-goers since there's one a few blocks from the WEWCC
>>
>>9585503
Otakon Staffer here. 6 million Jews also died in the Holocaust :)
>>
>get happy because con is closer than ever to my house
>guests are underwhelming af
>Still $90 tickets
>Abysmal registration numbers
Last year was my first Ota, but damn, I really can't justify going this year. All I would want to do is vidya and artist alley, but that sure ain't worth the price. Are day passes ever a possibility?
>>
File: DSC_6926.jpg (1MB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6926.jpg
1MB, 1920x1275px
Should I bring my fight stick?
I'd probably want to play some fightan if I have some random downtime.
>>
>>9588388
I just hope they have their games up to date. Usually most of their fighting games (aside from street fighter) are either old versions, missing dlc, or they didn't bother to unlock any characters
>>
Well it looks like its going to be in the 80s this year temperature wise.
Better than last year with that awful heat wave.
>>
How bad is the parking situation going to be?
>>
File: 1494995635176.jpg (61KB, 594x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494995635176.jpg
61KB, 594x360px
>>9574032
>No one cares about your shimapan and chicken cutlets. We know you are a slut.
>>
File: OtakonDC.jpg (445KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
OtakonDC.jpg
445KB, 1280x1024px
>>9588507
>How bad is the parking situation going to be?
>Parking
>DC
Bad. Very bad. Metro and Uber are your friends.

Meanwhile, pic related, at 18K registrations. I guess it's conceivable that they get 2K more registrations online before Friday, then about 5K walk up at the door, and the con's balance sheet evens out with 25K total people?
>>
Are there a lot of black people in DC or will I be safe taking the metro late at night?
>>
>>9588562
its very safe, yes there are a lot of blacks in DC, but the only dangerous parts are far from the city center
>>
>>9588567
That's a relief. I'll never look at the world the same way again after living in Baltimore for so long.
>>
>>9588573
try to walk in a group if you ever feel unsafe
>>
>>9588562
>>
File: ml87wmYMVb1s7shiko1_400-1024x995.jpg (129KB, 1024x995px) Image search: [Google]
ml87wmYMVb1s7shiko1_400-1024x995.jpg
129KB, 1024x995px
>>9588665
>>
>>9587999
There was a Nando's two blocks from BCC.

>>9588507
Bad Friday, fine on the weekend. Check Spothero.
>>
>>9588012

Oh yeah DC has good food.

>>9588507

Absolutely terrible. You won't be able to drive, let alone park.
>>
>>9588562

As much black people in DC as Baltimore.
>>
File: 1474438940103.jpg (176KB, 688x382px) Image search: [Google]
1474438940103.jpg
176KB, 688x382px
>>9588567
>ignoring proven advice.
>>
File: 1376223106773.jpg (368KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1376223106773.jpg
368KB, 1280x960px
>>9588012

Sbarros is the closest restaurant outside the convention center. Its gonna run out.

There will probably be a steady stream of otaku going down 7th street to Chinatown to eat, thats gonna be where everyone goes.

The place you are supposed to keep secret is that church across from the Carnegie Library, they have a cafeteria in the basement.
>>
>>9589221
I miss that fountain, so sad they took it down
>>
Cute cosplayers HMU if you need a Samurai bodyguard.

My fee is that you buy or cook me one meal/day.
>>
>>9589221
The food inside the convention center is tolerable, plentiful, and not outrageously overpriced. There are at least three food courts (one on the south side by the sky bridge, one in the main exhibition hall, one on the far end of the north side), plus a coffee shop at the south side main entrance. There's also a Subway at the north end of the con center and a slightly more upscale sub shop one block north.

DC's Chinatown is mostly not Chinese -- the only Asian food I can remember is Ping Pong, Daikaya, and that one noodle place. The closest weeb food to the con center is probably Momofuku in City Center, which is slightly overrated relative to the rest of the middle-upper price DC food scene but probably worth eating at least once. (Though I'll admit, I want weebs flooding City Center so they reach a critical mass where I can comfortably take cosplay photos there. Pic related, City Center is fucking kawaii.)

In my patrician opinion, the best bang for your buck in walking distance is Ray's Hell Burger Too, three blocks away (and you can stop at Safeway on your way there/back).

If you have large wads of cash to burn, there's Arroz (get a bomba), the Dabney, and Kinship all directly around the con center.
>>
File: IMG_0082.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
I want to cosplay as chris-chan
>>
>>9589675
*crossplay
>>
>>9589635
Yeah, but if the area is flooded with cosplayers, then you'll have shitloads of people in the background.

Also laughing at the "photographers" bitching about no light stands and shit. Learn to take photos without your precious gear and be real photographers. Stop always relying on gear that some cons won't allow.
>>
So would the con freak out over "sketchy" literature if it's part of the cosplay? I don't want to get anything stolen by overzealous con security.
>>
>>9590713
>"sketchy" literature
what the fuck are you talking about? swear words written on your outfit/sign/prop? because they probably won't allow that, otakon likes to act family friendly
>>
>>9589635
Oh shit thanks for all the food recommendations!
Care to list any more? More choices are always nice. As long as the bill doesn't exceed $50 - $60 im good.
>>
Would it be smarter to pre-register or walk in?
>>
>>9591203
Not the person you're replying to but I am especially fond of a place called Ben's Chili Bowl that's quite tasty.
>>
I have a stupid question are the mailed badges suppose to be blank?
>>
>>9591395
Whats blank?
>>
>>9591395
Pics?
>>
>>9591243
If you wanna save the few dollars pre reg, if you don't mind spending a little more then walk in. It's up to you.
>>
>>9591576
>>9591655
Never mind, I am retarded.
>>
>>9591247
Ben's is a DC classic! It's not walkable from the con, but it may be worth a pilgrimage.

>>9591203
In a four-block radius of the con center? Ray's forever and always, All-Purpose Pizzeria, Smoked & Stacked, Chercher, Sundevich, Espita Mezcaleria.

Otherwise, DC has a solid food scene. Google a type of food if you want it and something will probably come up. If you're open to anything, browse WaPo, Washingtonian, or Eater. A lot of the cheap, good good is unfortunately on the H Street and 14th Street drags rather than around the convention center.
>>
Think this thread'll last until Friday?
>>
>>9592669
Sure why not but we also have a discord if you wanna continue chatting/ meetup

https://discord.gg/MzvXnNA
>>
>>9592708
cool thanks
>>
Any parties tonight?
>>
>>9534566

That looks like it could be a decent cosplay photoshoot setting.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.