[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another skin care thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 34

File: 1018594542873045436.jpg (298KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1018594542873045436.jpg
298KB, 960x960px
Old skincare thread >>9410256
Is hemp seed oil (not hemp oil, that's completely different) a good moisturizer for oily, acne, prone skin? I'm working on changing my diet to help reduce my acne as well since I do believe it is hormonal, cutting milk out helped and sugar is the next step, but it's so hard to give up sugar, especially when you're American and in college and it's hard to avoid
>>
>>9461903
Yes Hemp seed oil can be used as a beauty oil. In general any oils higher in Linoleic Acid can be used on an acne prone face with no problems because they are not comedogenic. That does not mean you should stop listening to your skin of course and if you have a reaction, cut it out.
I personally used it for DIY oil cleaning with good results. Be aware it has a shelf life and requires refrigeration. If its not longer brightly green-yellowy colored and loses that nutty smell its gone and turned on you.
>>
>>9461950
So do I just apply it on my skin and leave it or should I only use it as a oil cleanser? I'm new to the whole idea of oil for skincare (except for oil cleansing, I can't live without my Banila Clean It Zero)
>>
Might be a dumb question, but do face rollers/face shapers do anything for anti-aging? I'm in my mid twenties and have always taken excellent care of my skin on the surface- but I feel like I need to do something about the muscles under my skin bc i feel like i'm starting to look saggy sometimes
>>
I'm on accutane, how do I unfuck my lips?
>>
>>9463655
I think face exercises are supposed to be better for that
>>
>>9463692
Vaseline and tears
>>
File: sexual dimorphism.jpg (51KB, 794x467px) Image search: [Google]
sexual dimorphism.jpg
51KB, 794x467px
>>9463655
I don't think a dermaroller will affect the muscles underneath your skin, the way a dermaroller works is by speeding up the skin's healing process, which should not affect underlying muscles. I think there was a discussion about this last thread and other anons talked about facial massage and exercises. Like how pectoral exercises will help lift the breasts, strengthening the facial muscles will help lift the face.
There's also the unfortunate fact that women have less collagen bonds than men do and these bonds are what help keep skin from saying. Btw, ingesting collagen or applying it topically won't make a difference due to how long collagen molecules are, they can't penetrate the skin. The only way for collagen to be effective is through injection
>>
>>9463708
Dang, I figured collagen supplements were too good to be true- I have a whole thing of collagen drink mix, at least it tastes good tho?
>>
>>9463740
I hear it can have some digestive benefits if nothing else at least so i dunno, monitor your poops, see if that info's accurate lol.

So i got a question: My mom wants me to help her build a skincare routine when I visit her next month. One problem area she has is a really deep scowl mark wrinkle between her eyebrows. I know vitamin C and retinol are options for wrinkles but take time to show results.

So the question: What's the more cost effective option in terms of results and what can you recommend?

I know it's mostly 20 somethings here but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.
>>
>>9463692
Ah so I pretty much just got accept it's fucked.
>>
File: Montgomery-glands.jpg (40KB, 258x176px) Image search: [Google]
Montgomery-glands.jpg
40KB, 258x176px
Does anyone here deal with montgomery glands on your nipples? I have them and I hate them with a huge fucking passion. If I ever land into money, I'm getting plastic surgery to remove them (and make my boobs the same size because one decided to be a whole fucking cup size larger than the other).
>>
>>9466201
Oh cool, never knew there was a term for those. I have a few, nothing too prominent/numerous, and they've never bothered me much. Always just assumed everyone had them. I'm probably too distracted by my beak nose I'd like to get worked on someday to fuss about much else on me.
>>
>>9466201
Um do you mean on your actual nipple or just your areola? because almost everyone has them on their areolas...
>>
>>9466225
Areola. I wouldn't mind if I had just a small few, but they populate the area like trees do a forest.
>>
So I don't know too much about skincare, but I've been dealing with moderate acne throughout my teens. I have extremely oily skin on my face, but my T-zone is dry and is constantly flaking on my clothes. I've tried using Yes To Tomatoes charcoal cleaner for about a week, but it made my face itch more than it usually does. What are some good products or routines that might help out? Thank you.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (61KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
61KB, 522x522px
If anyone is looking for cheap face masks, Walmart's beauty clearance section has been stockpiling them for $0.50. I snagged a dozen the last time I was there, I don't think they're popular with average people so check your local because odds are you'll find them.
>>
>>9466292
Do you exfoliate? If not, you should start. The basic things you need are cleanser, exfoliator, toner, and moisturizer.
>>
>>9466987
I use moisturizer after showers, but I don't have any of the other products. Do you recommend anything specific?
>>
>>9466991
I use Cerave for cleanser, Thayers witch hazel for toner, and Paula's Choice (2%) as exfoliant.
>>
File: 1355702973148.gif (991KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1355702973148.gif
991KB, 500x255px
First brazilian laser appointment on Tuesday. Anyone care to post about their own experiences?
>>
>>9466950
Do the ingredients seem decent?
>>
>>9466292
Don't use physical exfoliants because that'll only exacerbate your acne, and invest in good moisturising layers (see the asianbeauty and skincareaddiction subreddits to learn more). Also use a sunscreen without alcohol if you can.

As well as this make sure your skin isn't dehydrated. If it is then introducing actives like a chemical exfoliator will be a bad idea. Work on repairing the moisture barrier first and then focus on acne if dehydration is the case.
>>
File: 20170507_223138.jpg (369KB, 1258x816px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_223138.jpg
369KB, 1258x816px
>>9467015
Here's what I got and the ingredients one is for the two tea masks.
>>
>>9466226
Girl, same. It's like I have six other nipples on each tit.
>>
>>9466292
Get a moisturizer first, try it for two weeks and then try a cleanser next. I would get cerave pm
>>
>>9461950
A warning to people who have had sebhorreic dermatitis flare ups and/or fungal acne: oils (even if they're high in linoleic acid) can contribute to breakouts.

That said, I think hemp seed oil is one of the harmless ones when it comes to fungus/yeast issues.
>>
So, I've been using Drunken Elephant products for about a month or so, maybe a little longer, and I've noticed that my skin has been improving. My acne is looking a lot better and overall, my skin just looks more alive. This is astounding for me since I struggle with scarring, weird texture, and acne around my jawline and cheeks. My skin is pretty much clear rn, and I just had my period, so.

These products are a bit pricey, and I don't mind shelling out for them if this is what works for me, but does anyone else have recommendations for similar products?

I've just been buying nightbright and rise + glow since they're around $25 even though they're mini-sized, so that's the Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, C-Firma Day Serum, Virgin Marula Luxury Oil (I use this sparingly), and B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. I'm 26, if that helps, and also looking to add a retinoid product. I just added one of those deluxe samples that Sephora has right now to one of my orders -- I think it was a Peter Thomas Roth one.
>>
Apart losing weight, is there a skin treatment to get rid of acanthosis nigricans faster? I've bee losing a lot wieght for the past year and fixing my fucked-up liver to cosplay a couple of sleeveless characters (and not die of hepatitis, I guess), but my armpits are not whitening as fast as I'd like to.
>>
Has anyone used anything from The Ordinary? I placed a small order and I'm excited to try out their products after hearing good reviews.
>>
>>9466201
uh I always assumed that's just how nipples look? I have like 10 per nipple, but I really don't care.
>>
>>9466201
??? Those are normal/necessary. I don't understand why you would want to get rid of them. Literally everyone has them.
>>
>>9470674
I've used their lactic acid (5 and 10%), Zinc and Niacinamide, rosehip oil and hyaluronic acid.

Loved the oils and lactic acids, the 5% has become one of my favourites. The Niacinamide balls up slightly but it's great otherwise. The HA is easier to get than Hada labo but I can't tell if I prefer it yet. I have combination skin and nothing has caused me any problems as of yet.

What products did you pick up?
>>
>>9466201
Those are normal for women to have. I have them, every woman I've slept with has them. If your boyfriend is really hung up on them, he's not worth your time
>>
File: order.png (36KB, 321x413px) Image search: [Google]
order.png
36KB, 321x413px
>>9470687
Here's what I got! Glad to hear the Niacinamide is good, really excited for these.
>>
>>9466201
>>9466226
I have like at least 15 on areola and never even noticed them. I mean, I have noticed them, but I've literally never a seen a tit without them. An areola without those would be weird as all fuck
>>
Sooo. Do facial exercises actually work? I'm worried they'll just cause more wrinkles.
>>
>>9471450
I'd think that they build muscle which tightens your face just like muscles on your body.
>>
>>9471460
The only issue I see is that tugging/pulling on the skin will cause it to stretch and sag.
Then shit like puckering your lips will cause wrinkles, too
>>
What would you recommend to someone, that's 20 but looks a decade older? No one believes I'm under 25. Is this irreversible? Not wrinkles thank god, but certain heavy/droopish facial features, especially hooded eyes and laugh lines.
>>
>>9466201
Ew I never thought much about them before but now that I've seen that picture I feel like I'm gonna puke
>>
>>9471578
Can you post an obscured photo of the problem areas?

For the areas that are drooping, I don't think those can be changed much with skincare and would probably have to be fixed with surgery. Is jowls/cheek areas?

Hooded eyes can be masked or reduced with certain makeup techniques. Try creating an eyelid with eyeshadow above your natural lid. Look at tutorials on youtube, etc. A lot of people say to avoid cat eyeliner depending on how heavy the lid is as it just gets hidden anyway. Personally, I still wear one but ymmv.

Also, definitely do not wear Instagram-style makeup or anything super heavy, as that's SO aging and makes everyone look 10 years older.
>>
>>9471594
Yeah, pretty much slight jowls. It "drags" my face down. I live near arctic circle, so there isn't much sun to ruin skin cells. I'll look into the tips you gave. Thanks
>>
So I wear sunscreen everyday mostly because I work outdoors. I go to work pretty early Like 630am So I don't put it on till later that day .
So I'm African American do I really need sun screen everyday day even if the uv aren't that high. I usually go by how high the uv sun is for my skin color
Are should I just wear it when the sun it up dose anyone with darker skin have any input thanks
>>
>>9471752
Here's how I see it...
The people native to your area (I'm assuming America) have brown-ish skin. I'm talking about Native Americans or Indios.
If you skin is darker than theirs, I would say don't worry too much. If it's lighter, WEAR SUNSCREEN religiously.
>>
>>9471752
Ignore the other anon, they're an idiot.
You should be wearing suncreen to protect the delicate skin of your face, protect against cancer, and prevent aging. Skin cancer is more common in black women than white women because they either don't see the discolorations against their darker skin tone or don't wear sunscreen
>>
>>9470829
Please drop a review of the glycolic toning solution when you've given it some use, hope everything works out well for you.
>>
>>9463692
Aquaphor
>>
>>9471752
I'm also African American and I wear sunscreen on a daily basis to prevent wrinkles. It's usually overcast where I live so I don't get super strict and reapply it during the day or anything, just one layer underneath makeup is enough I think. Although we're at a low risk of skin cancer it's still good to prevent aging from the sun.

I use asian sunscreens like the Missha all around safe block soft finish sun milk and Biore UV pefect milk because they don't have a white cast.
>>
File: 0730852103078.jpg (35KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
0730852103078.jpg
35KB, 350x350px
I'm young (22) and have incredibly dry skin. I'm starting to worry about wrinkles developing because I can already see some fine lines coming in. Has anyone in a similar situation had any experience with Shiseido's Benefiance line? Any other products you would recommend? I don't have a budget. I'm willing to spend whatever it takes.
>>
File: 1493732450961.jpg (128KB, 1677x853px) Image search: [Google]
1493732450961.jpg
128KB, 1677x853px
Any recommendations for moisturizer with sunscreen? I wanted the Secret Key snail sun cream, but it's either sold out or price jacked everywhere.
>>
is papaya soap a meme? been using it for a lil over a week and it does seem to be improving my face, dunno if its just placebo tho.

i want the complexion of a vampire with minimal makeup.
>>
>>9472884
Are you trying to whiten your skin? In my experience, kojic acid soap works pretty well. This is going to sound weird, but to prove that it's working, I've been using it on one nipple and not the other and it's noticeably lighter now after about a year of using it
>>
>>9463762
Honestly...for deep wrinkles vitamin C and retinol will not do a lot. They help fine wrinkles but deeper ones need fillers, and you can also try facial exercises for some of them.
To get rid of hers my mother had that vampire facial done (where they inject the serum from your blood in your face) - she initially thought it was a load of crap and only going to look good because of the slight swelling from the injections, but the results have lasted for over a year now. Didn't get rid of the wrinkles just makes them look less pronounced, so she looks like she's in her early 40s rather than late 50s.

>>9470072
Tried Bravura London? They make 2 of my HG products, their BHA/AHA gel and the glycolic acid night cream - I discovered them after I moved to the UK. I think the Night Serum could be replaced by the Bravura London BHA/AHA gel, they sound pretty similar
Retinoid wise I use prescription tretinoin cream - retinol containing moisturisers did nothing for me, and the gel retinoid (adapalene?) was too drying and made me flaky.
Not sure about vitamin C stuff as I've not yet found one that actually does anything for me apart from ball up on my skin after I put my sunscreen on. Apparently the Holy Snail's Shop one is okay, but I've yet to try it.

>>9470639
I guess the usual things for hyperpigmentation? Vitamin C, niacinamide, and chemical exfoliation.
>>
>>9472927
Do you apply any other soaps to the control nipple?
Because you could just be exfoliating dead skin, no t whitening
>>
>>9472927

currently using asantee papaya soap.

i guess i can just use both, despite being a bit of a hassle.
>>
>>9472949
Yeah I exfoliate both but one is pink now and one is brown (I'm white/latina mixed, so I look pretty white over all, but my nipples are darker than the average white girl)
>>
Recommendations for good mineral oil based oil cleansers? How do you know which ones are mineral oil based and which ones aren't?
>>
>>9475165
The neutrogena oil cleanser is pretty solid, it takes off most long wearing mascaras and washes clean. If you look at the ingredient list on the bottle mineral oil will be listed as one of the top few ingredients.
>>
File: wash-your-face[1].jpg (30KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
wash-your-face[1].jpg
30KB, 660x400px
Has anyone done the stop-washing-your-face thing to turn down acne? Individual accounts seem to be positive, but that's probably confirmation bias.
And if yes, how far do you go? Do you maintain the rest of your skincare regimen (toner, essence, moisturiser, etc) or completely cut out all products except for sunblock? Do you still splash warm water on your face or is it a no-water zone?
>>
So I bought rosehip oil from the yes to brand, and it smells so good right out of the bottle but once it dries or sinks in I cannot stand the smell. It's almost vomit-like, or sickly sweet. Has anyone else used a variation of rosehip oil they thought smelled similar (so I can stay away from it) and do any brands have one that avoids this weird smell?
>>
>>9476197
I meant primrose oil not rosehip
>>
File: 1493600790862.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493600790862.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>9472949
>the control nipple
>>
>>9475165
Banila Co Clean It Zero is a mineral oil based, solid-type cleanser, that I love. It comes in a pretty big jar too
>>
>>9476177
Kind of sounds like a bit of a meme desu.
>>
>>9476197
It's possibly to do with your skin chemistry not liking the primrose oil rather than the product itself.
>>
>>9472927
I appreciate your dedication to testing with an accurate control, mismatched nips for science.

Might give that soap a try, where did you buy yours?
>>
>>9467007
It kinda hurt like a mofo, but my office also didn't have numbing cream so

I only did 3 sessions instead of the recommended 6, maybe when I have some extra money I'll think about finishing it up. And find a place that uses numbing cream.

It's totally worth it anon I wish you luck!

Also
>>9466201
I didn't realize that would be a thing people were bothered with? I've had a whole forest of them on my areolas all my life and was grateful when I found out they were kinda normal. To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>9476922
I'm using the Kojie san brand, I got it off of Amazon because it's sold in packs of 2.
Note: I'm using this soap on my cheeks to lighten discolorations from acne and holy shit do not get it in your mouth. If you do, rising out with saltwater makes the taste and weird sensation go away
>>
>>9472722
Paula's Choice recovery moisturizer and her niacinamide serum are amazing for this.
>>
>>9466201
no, but i have gyno, and i can't cut when i know cutting will make my bitch tits look even bigger.
>>
>>9476177
just oil cleanse jfc
>>
>>9476177
If you wear sunblock, you need some type of cleanser other than just water to remove it. Also, if you have built your routine the right way, paring down to things you know are soothing/non-irritating is the way to go.
>>
I had been struggling for almost a near with nasty compulsive skin picking, but I've finally managed to kick the habit as I've now gone over three weeks without feeling the urge. I'm pretty proud of myself, but the affected areas are still bright red and clash horribly with my pasty ass complexion.

What would you gulls recommend I apply to calm down the redness? I've been using a few Mizon snail products I also use on my face but I'm not sure if they're providing any substantial benefit.
>>
So I've never really done a whole lot of skincare, but figured I'd start. But I have two questions.

1. Can I get some tips about the frequency of cleansing and moisturizing? I'm not sure what either of these do and how often they apply to someone with oily skin.

2. What's the best method of exfoliating? I currently use a glove, but was wondering if theres a better alternative. I feel like the pores on my nose particularly need to be cleaned better. Is something like a facial brush (https://www.beurer.com/web/en/products/beauty/facial_care/FC-45) worthwhile or overkill?

Thanks much
>>
>>9472048
>>9472406
Thanks for the reply I guess I'll just make sure to wear it regardless
>>
>>9463692
Cortibalm.
>>
>>9480329
I'm oily skinned and can help you out

1. Night time, definitely. Morning is optional, even for oily skinned people. Some use just warm water if they forgo a cleanser. Try 1x a day at first, and if you still think you need 2x a day, go for it. Anything more than 2x a day is overkill and too stripping (unless you're sweating/active and/or reapplying sunscreen many times)

2. Chemical exfoliation is almost always better than physical exfoliation. You don't need to worry about using an exfoliant until you have the other products such as cleanser and moisturizer tested. Moisturizer is especially important. You need to have a good moisturizer to pamper skin that has been exfoliated. AHA or BHA products are the most common. Over-exfoliation can be disastrous, so always start 1x a week the first week, 2x a week the second week and so on. But remember not to rush into them. If you must use a physical exfoliant, I heard konjac sponges are the way to go. Unfortunately there is no way to completely clean out sebaceous filaments. The instant gratification things like porestrips and manual extraction damage the pore and make them larger. Oil cleansing helped minimize mine a great deal though. It seems counterintuitive as an oily, but oil dissolves oil.

The best skin care advice I've ever had was to only introduce one product at a time in order to establish a baseline. Test it for a minimum of 2 weeks before introducing the next. Sounds simple but so many people buy 3-4 products and use them all at once, then get confused about what could be causing them to break out.
>>
>>9479095
Have you tried aloe vera? Nature Republic and Skinfood 92% aloe vera gel helps with my redness.
>>
Hey lads.
I have combination skin and i have genetically very large pores on my t zone and almost half my face. I tried everything in this world to make them smaller and i do what i can to keep them clean but nothing works. They are greasy as fuck and i hate them. I also have tons of blackheads. They never disappear. I use a cleanser for my skin type that seems to do the job, but eh. Also im trying to be more pale and i already use lemon juice and i avoid the sun as much as possible.

Any help regarding my pores would be much appreciated.
>>
>>9479095
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
>Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule
>Scinic Honey All-in-One
>>
>>9480329
AHA and BHA are better but you're gonna have to be careful with overexfoliating. Mandelic Acid is a good one too
>>
>>9482169
Yea, don't use lemon juice for one.

The reason why your pores are looking large, as you can't change the shape or shrink them, is because you aren't using a moisturizer. I would suggest you pick yourself one. Cerave PM is a good one to start with. The more you cleanse, the oiler your skin becomes because it's trying to overcompensate what you keep stripping away from it
>>
>>9472237

It's been about a week since I've started using the toner. It's really gentle so far, it recommends that you only use it once a day but I've used it morning and night and I haven't had any negative side effects. I've only used this product out of all the ones I ordered, and I'm already seeing a decrease in small bumps and my dryness seems to be doing better. Discoloration looks a bit better too. Wear sunscreen if you use this in the morning!

For reference, my skin is dry and really sensitive.
>>
>>9482169
If the only thing that you're doing is cleansing, then that's your problem. Make sure you get a good cleanser that isn't drying. Using a chemical exfoliant like BHA or AHA (if you're oily then I recommend BHA) will make an enormous difference in your skin. Stop using lemon juice asap and get a good moisturizer, as >>9482220 recommended.
>>
>>9472722
I would generally recommend against Shiseido products, they are expensive and usually heavily scented, which could cause dryness and make fine lines more noticeable. Something with retinol would be best, but remember to sunscreen like crazy if you are using it during the day.
>>
>>9472722
If you have incredibly dry skin, I would look into a hydrating toner like Kikumasamune or Hada Labo and then try a moisturizer. If you're gonna spend the money, I would recommend Sulwhasoo but with that said, everything is YMMV. You can get the same result with something that cost a fraction of it
>>
>>9482350
I second this. I use hada labo gokujyun loition and benton snail bee steam cream together and it works wonders for my dryness
>>
>>9471460
Then wouldn't frowning and laughing also tighten those muscles instead of cause wrinkles? I don't understand what makes facial exercises special.
>>
Does anyone know how to deal with very hard water? The water leaves a sort of thick residue on my skin and my skin gets very red, spotty looks like I have sun burn.

I'm waiting on a water filter, which will be just for face washing water, but was also wondering if there were products that might help too?
>>
>>9479095
Have you tried vitamin C products?
>>
Didn't we used to have some excel sheets and stuff for this? Can someone please link it if they have it saved? Thank you in advance!
>>
So I've been recording my general skin health for 3 years now and I've noticed a pattern: right around April-May, both my skin and my father's skin gets super shitty, even if I'm using the same routine as before and it was working just fine. Extreme dryness/peeling, acne, the works.

Both he and I suspect our water source changes from the winter to the spring, maybe well water vs. ground water or some shit. Either way, I'm pretty sure it's the water.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Do I really have to go through the trouble of getting one of those faucet water filters? Seems like such a hassle.
>>
>>9471450
There was an anon last thread who was hawking some sort of $50 face exercise routine. I went on the site to check it out and was pretty taken aback by the publisher's claims that she believes wrinkles are formed by the skin getting "stuck" to the muscles, and exercise unsticks them. She also warned that her exercises caused more wrinkles at first. This is completely counter-intuitive to how most people think wrinkles are formed so I question how much I'd trust anything that person says.
>>
>>9482374
laughing only stretches certain muscles - not the other ones around them, hence wrinkles

also wrinkles are inevitable you can just kinda slow them down a little
>>
File: Hhh.gif (483KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hhh.gif
483KB, 480x270px
>Use epilator for upper lip hair for first time
>It works
>Nice.jpg
>Wake up next day with a constellation of tiny zits shaped like a mustache
>>
>>9481359
>so many people buy 3-4 products and use them all at once, then get confused about what could be causing them to break out

This is exactly where I'm at at the moment. I wanted to treat my skin better, so I bought some holy grail products (some Korean, some lush), but now my forehead and cheeks look like an anon's from last thread, which people said was closed comedones. I didn't think any of the things I was using were comedogenic, but I've also heard that trying a Korean skincare routine can break you out before it clears you up - has anyone else had this?
>>
File: okwithdyingnow.png (88KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
okwithdyingnow.png
88KB, 310x464px
Any tips on getting rid of stretch marks? I found one on my stomach this morning

>mfw
>>
File: uuu.png (1MB, 902x720px) Image search: [Google]
uuu.png
1MB, 902x720px
Alright, here goes nothing...

I have these weird little bumps underneath my eyes and on my forehead. The rest of my skin is nice but these little things don't go. I don't think it's acne, but I just can't figure out how to go about getting rid of it. Please help orz
>>
>>9485164
Exfoliate and apply anti-irritation/inflammation aftershave next time. It's probably going to sting something awful but it really helps.
>>
Has anyone here invested in silk pillowcases? Have they worked for you?
>>
>>9485224
Sexy
>>
>>9485224
cocoa butter usually works pretty well but it's not instant or anything
>>
>>9485659
I have satin that seems to help a bit, but I change my pillowcases every 2 days since I'm a side and front sleeper
>>
>>9485218
Only actives like retinol and acids should cause breaking out before clearing up. Something in your routine is causing that.
>>
>>9481359
If I introduce one product at a time what should I start with? One site suggests starting with sunscreen but I dunno about that... Also how do you guys know if it is a product that is breaking you out and not hormones or something you ate?
>>
>>9486850
You can usually do cleanser and moisturiser together.
In terms of hormones/food most people know what triggers their acne, if you know you ate something or it's time of the month for acne then that's probably contributing. The best routines help compensate for that though.
>>
Does anyone else deal with people giving them shit for wearing sunscreen/avoiding sun exposure?
The desired look around here is tanned skin. My natural skin color is very pale. I follow an asian beauty routine and wear sunscreen religiously. My acne scars also faded quickly when I started wearing it. Plus now I won't like 60 when I'm 40 like all the women around here who lay in tanning beds every week.
I get straight up harassed by everyone in my family for wearing it and normies in everyday life think it's okay to make snide remarks on my skin color. I don't give people shit for tanning, so this shit drives me insane.
>>
>>9466201
dude what

These glands are totally normal (everyone has them) and necessary. They keep the surface of the nipple correctly chemically balanced and keep it from drying out.

More importantly, if you ever plan on breastfeeding, these things are absolutely critical to ensuring that you succeed. Babies FUCK UP nipples and these glands come to the rescue,and having fewer glands than average has been linked to babies' failure to latch or be interested in breast milk. Sounds like OP doesn't want to breastfeed but cot dang I hope no one else in here is suddenly feeling self-conscious of a SUPER IMPORTANT part of your anatomy lmao.
>>
>>9485224
Cocoa butter or that Bio Oil stuff. Only catch is that it takes a long time and you have to use it every single day.
Stretch marks are really normal though anon, don't beat yourself up over it. I have them on my thighs and I'm pretty slim so there's no way to win.
>>
>>9487834
What's your routine like, anon? I have acne spots I'd like to get rid of.
>>
>>9485218
Only if you use actives. What was the last product you tried? Eliminate that from your routine and if it persists, keep scaling back.

You can also start from scratch and then build up one at a time
>>
>>9486850
>moisturizer
>cleanser
>oil cleanser
>sunscreen
>>
>>9463692
>>9472367
Aquaphor is your miracle drug on accutane.
>>
>>9485408
Looks like closed comedones to me. I heard AHA is thr best at treating it. Don't make my mistake and use a BHA, it actually gave me CC's because I overused it (and it doesn't do anything for CC's)
>>
How do I choose a vitamin c serum? Are they all the same? I feel overwhelmed... I'm trying to fade discoloration left behind from acne and my skin is oily-type
>>
>>9489073
No, they're not all the same. I think the two standard ones most people swear by are Paula's Choice and OST C20. Look for ones that have a higher concentration of actives as opposed to fillers (like alcohol, stuff like that). Note that they will probably make your skin sticky. I've used a few and always have stickiness when I use them. If you're going to use any kind of active make sure you have a good sunscreen as well. And of course you'll have to use them for a while to see any tangible results, so don't get discouraged if it's been a few weeks and you don't notice anything.
>>
>>9486850

I started with anti-acne cleanser as a teen the minute my mom noticed I was starting to get zits. Dunno if it helped, but I certainly had a reputation for clearer skin while my classmates struggled with hormonal teen acne. Add a moisturiser if your face feels really dry and taut after washing.

Sunscreen after that, and add a makeup remover at the same time. Suncreen often leaves an oily reside that cleansers can't take off by themselves, the buildup will cause acne as well.

This was my basic routine for 5 years until I went to college, so don't feel pressured into adding 10 different products into your routine at once if what you have works.

As for figuring out food and hormones and acne, you need to keep a diary of your food intake, time of month, and write down your skincare routine/changes to your skincare. Then re-read it every now and again to see if there is a pattern, such as weight gain and acne a couple of days before your period, or something.

For food, if you want to take a shortcut, you can try cutting out suspected culprits for a month and see if it makes a difference, or add something for a month and see if there's an improvement. Most people suggest chocolate and dairy causes acne, and green tea helps to keep a clear face (just fyi none of these seem to affect me)
>>
>>9476177
Not a meme. I heard about this theee years ago and tried it since it was the only thing I hadn't tried. It is literally the only thing that has cleared my horrible adult acne up after 15 years of trying. If you wear makeup you'll need a good remover and moisturizer but on days I go bare faced I don't do a thing.

That said, does anyone have a good rec for a gentle face sunscreen? I'm walking a lot lately and my face is soaking up a lot of sun.
>>
Is male and female skin care largely the same and different products actually just a marketing thing or do the different sexes actually need different things for healthy skin?
>>
>>9490972
everyone skin is different but men tend to have more oily skin and larger pores etc so look into what your skin type and hue is and what your main issues are (redness acne etc)
>>
>>9472722
If you're still interested in advice I've had a really good expierence with Neutrogena products. The hydro boost line is really good.

Also: Don't fall for the expensive moisturizer meme.
There's no reason to ever buy one. They're not better.

Another also: Moisturizer will help but it clearly won't fix the core of the problem.
Try drinking more water! If that doesn't help take a look at your diet.
>>
>>9490972
From a purely biological perspective and ignoring societal stuff such as women wearing makeup and men generally having less pressure on them to maintain their appearance, sexual dimorphism does somewhat affect skin and skincare. There's the obvious things like facial hair which can lead to acne and irritation caused by ingrown hairs. There's also the fact that testosterone causes more oily skin and more acne. Men also have more collagen bonds in their skin than women do. Both sexes should still wear sunscreen and take measures to protect themselves from sun exposure to avoid cancer and aging caused by the sun.
>>
File: wowzers.jpg (6KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
wowzers.jpg
6KB, 228x221px
>>9466201
I don't have them and panicked

I had to google it I had literally no idea what OP was talking about

>am I dying
>>
>>9490972
If you're asking like products though, a man can use Etude House facial washes, despite the pastel vomit packaging
>>
>>9489258
Actually, VitC is an acid that does not increase photosensitivty and actually boosts the efficacy of sunscreen. Would post sources but I'm on mobile atm.

Also make sure to store it in the fridge/out of the light to extend its life. If you get some under your nails when applying, it could turn orange when it oxidizes from sunlight.
>>
>>9472722
I'm gonna be straight up with you anon, if you're 22 with dry skin and you've not really done anything + you're already seeing fine lines you're sort of fucked.

22 is old as far as getting started with skincare goes, ESPECIALLY if you're already seeing lines
>>
>>9492948
As a pale person will VitC fuck with my skin tone? Like make me darker/orange like trump?
>>
>>9492948
Really? Well I'll be damned. I knew to store it out of sunlight, and I just assumed it was like other actives in that regard. Thanks for the info!
>>
I've been using a moisturiser and night cream (Nivea, so nothing particularly fancy) for a few months now because my skin became very dry for the first time ever this past winter, but my skin is still really flakey and I can't really figure out why?

I exfoliate one or two times a week, rarely wear makeup and occasionally use a toner in addition to the moisturiser/night cream combo.
>>
>>9492980
No. That's....not how it works.

>>9493432
Did you change anything in your environment? Air con/dry heat at work? New place?
>>
>>9493432
Your skin type could just be dry or it could be dehydrated. They are two different things and must be treated differently. One requires moisture while the other needs hydration.

Also what the other anon said. It could also be that the toner is too astringent or the exfoliation is too harsh? Try swapping the toner with a hydrating toner like Kikumasamune High Moist Lotion (it's a toner despite the name) or Hada Labo Gokujyun lotion. These products are humectants meaning they attract moisture, making your moisturizing products more effective. They in themselves offer a thin layer of moisture as well.
>>
>tfw after having oil-slick skin since puberty, skin turns scaly and dry
Fuck my life, I'm only 19
>>
>>9495595
Thats easier to fix than oily skin
>>
Has anyone here tried the caveman regimen? Did if work?
>>
>>9495595
Vanicream
>>
File: 20170602_104138.jpg (218KB, 766x694px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_104138.jpg
218KB, 766x694px
I woke up this morning and thought i had pink eye, cause my eye felt strange. Turns out i have a cyst so big under my skin i can feel it in my eye. Is there anything i can apply to this to make it shrink? I usually get smaller ones on my chin, but they are more towards the top of my skin and aren't as painful. Its not super visible and only red in this pic because i was messing with it, but it feels really awful and is about the size of a nickel.
>>
>>9505359
Try a BHA, it should get down to the level of where the cyst is to drain it. But if it's still painful and hasn't shrunk after a couple of days, you should probably get to a derm.
>>
>>9505359
Make sure you go to a dermatologist if it stays for too long.
>>
>>9485659
They've helped with my hair condition but I haven't noticed much difference in my skin (back/side sleeper)
>>
Recently my acne had flared up a lot, so I got prescribed some antibiotics. They seemed to be working okay but I ran out three days ago. I'm going to get it refilled soon, but today my normally oily acne prone skin got very scaly and dry. It's flaking around the chin area and I can't put foundation on.
Is this because I stopped using the antibiotics for a bit or is it because of the antibiotics?
Also, does anyone have any good moisturizer recommendations? I've always had extremely oily skin so I'm at a loss when it comes to moisturizer.
I feel like I can't even walk outside with my skin like this.
>>
>>9505359
I get these at least once a month or so anon. You should definitely talk to a doctor, but in the meantime I recommend taking acetaminophen to reduce the swelling and drinking lots of water to help it pass. Topical treatment won't help, and if you try all you'll end up doing is severely damaging the skin above and around it. I wouldn't even fuck with a BHA like >>9505515 if I were you, I have never had luck reducing the size of these by going topical.
>>
>>9507306
I would get off of antibiotics asap. They just caused me more problems (yeast infections, bizarre skin texture) and didn't do anything for my acne. Topical clindamycin (which is an antibiotic) worked for me though
>>
So it seems like most vitamin C serums are a liquid that comes with an pipette but the one just I picked up at my local organic market is a pump container and feels like a thin cream? Should I put it on over or under my AHA (Cosrx Whitehead Liquid) and acne cream? (It's Avalon Organics Intense Defense Facial Serum, if any other anons own it)
>>
I have normal/very slightly combination skin, and I'm looking to improve my skincare routine. At the moment I'm just cleansing and moisturizing in the morning and evening, and using a cooling undereye cream in the mornings too (I get pretty bad bags). I also get a few spots here and there so was thinking about investing in a spot cream? Unless there's something else that'll work better.

Any tips on what I can add to improve my routine? Price isn't really an issue for me, provided the products are good - I'm willing to try anything.
>>
>>9507479
I guess I won't take that refill then. They gave me a topical cream so hopefully that will be enough.
It actually has gotten significantly less dry since I got off the antibiotics now, so it looks like it was their fault.
>>
Is there any recommendations for getting rid of the burn and after care for sunburned skin? I try my best to always put on sunscreen, but recently I forgot my sunscreen at home on a day out and ended up with a burn. The stuff that was used on me as a child doesn't seem to exist anymore, and I have yet to find anything that works as well. Also, after the burn is gone, would regular moisturizers be best or ones especially formulated for sunburns?
>>
>>9476177
OP checking in; it's been just shy of a month since cutting out Cetaphil and this has gone remarkably well. No miraculous complexion clearing, but my skin hasn't had any huge breakouts - actually only one significant pimple that left overnight with some tea tree oil (when previously I'd run into a handful of pimples or worse irritation each month).

I usually don't wear makeup day-to-day, though I did for the five days that I was at a con. Those days, I used cold cream to remove the makeup, and if any was left, I washed with a cleanser. I've also gone through one menstrual cycle, which is usually a trigger for some acne shit; but short of the one pimple that showed up, nothing happened.

In general, it's been pretty cool. My face was a little oily for the first few days, but it's balanced itself out.
>>
>>9510127
Aloe Vera gel is god-tier for sunburns. I've also personally had luck with the Mizon AIO, but you're less likely to be able to buy that in a hurry.
>>
>>9510127
Seconding aloe vera gel. After the burn is gone your skin should be back to normal, so regular moisturiser.
>>
>>9482220
>>9482287
Very late but thank you for the tips, ill put them to good use ^-^
>>
What exfoliant can I use for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my body? Everything I know of is face products...
>>
>>9511391
Check out this skincareaddiction post on PIH, it's a good resource with plenty of product recommendations:
reddit com / r / SkincareAddiction / wiki / pih

By and large, anything you can use on your face is fine to use on your body, but not the other way around. IMO the best treatments for PIH (if it is true PIH) are brightening/whitening products--namely, those with vit c and niacinamide. The CosRX galactomyces toner has niacinamide in it and is a good value, so I think it'd work well for body care. A vit c serum might not be the best value since you'll need a lot of it depending on the size of the area you're trying to fade--they can be more on the expensive side.
>>
>>9510127
Aloe, but check to see if you're allergic first, otherwise it'll fuckin destroy your face. If you are allergic, I recommend Sarna lotion, it makes your burn feel so cool and good.
>>
I recently bumped up the strength of my acne kit from Paula's Choice and holy fuck, does my skin hurt every single time. That being said, it's done absolute miracles on my skin. I started with the regular strength and saw some improvement but then plateau-ed, so as soon as I ran out, I changed to extra strength. My skin texture is way better, deep acne scarring is lightening and smoothing out, and these closed comedones on my chin area that I've had since I was a kid are finally starting to clear up.
10/10 would recommend, worth the pain.
>>
>>9507336
>unironically taking the inferior NSAID for swelling

But seriously, ibuprofen is better.
>>
>>9512664
Ibuprofen interacts with a lot of drugs including many SSRIs and I'm sure most of the crazy fuckers on here are on an SSRI of some sort
>>
>>9512668
Meh it's fine for occasional use just don't start popping them everyday
>>
Are there any good websites that let you buy samples of skincare products? I'm really trying to dedicate my money to skincare instead of makeup, but I'm afraid to just start buying products. At least with makeup I could try it in a store.
>>
>>9512664
>acetaminophen

I know you wanted to sound clever, but acetaminophen isn't an NSAID so can't be "the inferior NSAID..."
>>
>>9513124

Good question.
Are there places to buy $5-25 samples?
Cause I too would love to pamper my skin the way it needs but I am not all about spending $80 on a tiny jar and it turns out it makes me break out.
>>
Do you guys take any supplements/vitamins that help keep acne and other skin conditions at bay?
>>
>>9483808
Seconding this. One of you gulls has to have them saved.
>>
>>9513124
>>9513203
There's beauty and skincare monthly crates. I've really liked the vegancuts one, they use pretty soft ingredients but I've had a lot of good results and bought fulls of what they send me pretty often. Hardly every break out from it unless it's a legit allergy, it's never too harsh. I've heard good things about cocotique, Terra Bella, and glowing beets but they're more expensive.
>>
>>9513124
If you're into AB, you can usually buy the sachets on sites like Testerkorea, RRS, etc. I know Paula's Choice does sell samples, and if you're buying skincare from Sephora you can ask them in store for a sample.
>>
File: Sticking to routines.jpg (131KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Sticking to routines.jpg
131KB, 600x330px
>>9513124
Roseroseshop has the best selection of samples/minies in my opinion
>>
>>9467007
I have my fourth laser appointment tomorrow for full leg, underarm and brazilian.

I find sometimes it tickles, and other times it's a painful pinch. It's tolerable though. Mine's all done without numbing cream. Fuck man, I didn't even know that was something I could use.
>>
I used witchhazel toner and it made me all red and irritates my skin. Is there any other toner out there i can use?
>>
>>9466201
have yall ever squeezed anything out of those?? i have one under my left nipple and it's literally scarred because ive been having to drain it every few weeks for almost 2 years
>>
>>9467479
WTF THOSE SELL FOR 2:50 AT MY WALMART
>>
I really dislike wearing sunscreen, but I know it's very important to do so. The main reason why I dislike it is because the ones I have used are very sticky and oily even after they've dried.
Do you guys have any recommendations for sunscreens with a relatively high SPF that are not sticky and oily?
>>
>>9516342
Maybe rose water will help you, I hear it's gentle and smells really good.
>>
>>9513124
Testerkorea, RoseRoseShop, EBay and there is a subreddit for buying and selling decants
>>
>>9516909
Biore aqua watery gel. Japanese sunscreens are best for good texture.
>>
>>9516988
Thanks, i'll look into that!
>>
Has anyone used products from Dr Belmeur?

I have chronic eczema, and get the worst itchy dry skin on my face. Practically nothing works for me! I've settled with using a Cetaphil cleanser and QV moisturiser twice daily, with a vitamin E serum every night. Toner stings my face (including alcohol-free varieties), sunscreen causes my skin to flare up, and exfoliant damages the sad remains of my skin barrier and leaves me prone to infections, which means I need to have a bleach bath almost twice a week.

On a whim yesterday, I spent a little too much on Dr Belmeur in the Face Shop: foaming cleanser, daily repair moisturiser, a sheet mask, and some other brand's papaya peel for sensitive skin.

Does anyone have feedback for these products? I've read some good things online, so I'm feeling a little hopeful.
>>
>>9471608
UVA radiation from the sun (which ages skin on a deeper level than UVB that causes sunburn) doesn't vary that much by region though, iirc. If you don't have medical conditions and an average lifestyle in terms of health, I wouldn't rule out premature aging caused by sun exposure due to not using sunscreen.
>>
>>9516456
Milky pus comes out. You aren't supposed to pop them since they're prone to infection.

TMI: They appeared when puberty hit and I thought that they were zits so I was obsessed with popping them every week (with blunt tweezers). I even used a sewing pin to stab into a deep one and pop it since it wouldn't surface.
>>
Any recommendations for shoulder acne? My boyfriend, who normally uses drug store acne body wash, is having some bad breakouts on his shoulders.
>>
So I went to order some vitamin c serum because I'm running low and I can't find the one I usually get anywhere. Amazon doesn't have the OST c20 listed anymore, it instantly links you to some other thing. This used to be so easy to find, did they change the packaging or something? Any alternative recommendations?
>>
tl;dr how to protect skin against latex?

I made a domino mask out of liquid latex a few days ago. The process involved brushing latex around my eye/cheekbone/forehead region. Since then, I've noticed redness and irritation and realized that I might have a small latex allergy (unless it's a reaction to the ammonia?). I'm wearing the mask this weekend and don't have time right now to find an alternative. Is there a way to set up a barrier between my skin and the mask when I wear it? I'm planning on using eyelash adhesive (or spirit gum, if that doesn't work).
>>
>>9522584
Could you add some type of barrier to the back of the mask itself? Paper or fabric or something?
>>
>>9522591
I have a lot of old nylon tights and medical gauze, so that's an idea! .....though I spent some time looking it up after your suggestion and all the recommendations involved using latex to adhere the fabric, which may defeat the purpose somewhat, haha. Thanks, though!
>>
Does anyone have any tips for feet skin care or should i be getting fortnightly pedicures
>>
>>9461903
Bruh. If you have really bad acne just see if you can do Accutane. Its waaaayyyyy safer than it used to be. Its actually a bit of a hassle because of all the shit you have to do safety wise. But so fucking worth it.

I've done it for 6 months and I never thought I would have skin this great. Its like before puberty. Once that bastard hit me It was cystic nodules and blackheads for days. Patches at a time. Non stop. No matter what I used or ate. The scars and pits were fucking awful. Makeup didn't even help because of how red and bumpy my skin was.

I'm dead ass serious. If you can do it then fucking do it. Go to the doc, get the blood work, piss in the cup. DO IT. They'll tell you off the bat if you aren't a good candidate, and monitor you the entire time to make sure you stay in a good spot for dosage. After the cycle runs through get the doc to get you a topical retinol for the scarring. Look into microderm abrasion or get a derma roller for pits and extreme scars.
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (47KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0700.jpg
47KB, 294x450px
Just got these, and using bulbasaur now! if you'd like me to, i can do a review of how they changed my skin.
>>
>>9522965
> tfw can't go on Accutane because it caused my cousin's liver to fail
>Does skin routine super regularly but bad genetics fuck with my skin
I'm going to try to go on roseacea meds since that's probably what's causing it (entire mother's side has it) but I'm afraid even that won't help and I'll be fucked.
>>
Hey gulls, sorry if this is a common question since I don't frequent the skin care threads.

I never had acne back in high school other thank the occasional pimple here and there, but it seems like since I turned 21 all my luck ran out. I started breaking out constantly, and some acne has even begun scarring. I've been dealing with it for almost 2 years now.

I've never been treated for cystic acne, but from what I've read and heard from friends who have it, thats my issue. Should I try switching up my skin care routine? Or should I save potential money and time and just go to a dermatologist?
>>
>>9522997
Anon, if you're still here i would love a review!
>>
File: 51v810H+cUL._SY355_.jpg (11KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51v810H+cUL._SY355_.jpg
11KB, 355x355px
>>9521532
I have yet to try it, but someone recommended this I believe last thread for back acne, if I am remembering correctly.
>>
>>9524193
I'm dealing with the same thing right now. For a cheaper alternative to a dermatologist you could try curology (online derm service), but if it's really affecting your quality of life/self esteem, it's probably worth it to see a derm/doctor in person and think about going on acne medication. In my experience, cystic acne tends to be more hormonal, so changing up your skincare routine might not help. Do you use a BHA? That can help draw the acne to the surface so you can get it out of your skin.

I feel like I always recommend this, but skincareaddiction can be a great resource if you're just starting out. Don't change things up too fast or you might make it worse. If you change products, add them one at a time to make sure nothing worsens your acne. 2 weeks is usually the recommended amount of time for that.

Good luck! Adult acne is the worst.
>>
>>9521532
My sister once used The Hada Labo foaming cleanser and it worked
>>
>>9524193
>current routine not working
>should I switch it up?

Curology would help but I would also look into BHA after you setup a good moisturing foundation dation
>>
Alright, so I'm a guy and I have a small issue. I get a lot of sun and my skin just seems too rough. Should I just just wear more sunscreen or is vitamin A an option. I don't really have acne, I just want my face to be a bit smoother.
>>
>>9524199
Hi i'm here!
I used two of them, Squirtle and bulbasaur.
I wore bulbasaur the night before a major event, because the pores on my nose are very large. Some pros are that there's no real smell to any of them, and the sheet is very thoroughly soaked so there's plenty of product for your skin to soak in.
The bulbasaur is infused with aloe i believe, and worked well! My pore size went down and my makeup applied smoothly over it the next day. Be sure to pat the product down into your face instead of simply rubbing it in, so it truly sinks down.
The hydrating mask was very similar in the way it worked! The only complaint i have about them is the mask didn't fit my face really, so i had a bunch at the bottom just hanging off. But they're excellent and I would say to get a few packs if you find a good deal!
>>
>>9525707
>>
Is there a specific oil cleanser you guys would recommend for acne? I follow a basic skincare routine right now, but I've always dealt with breakouts so I'd like to try an oil cleanser to see if that helps. So far I was looking at Etude House's Real Art, since I can get a sample of that one from roseroseshop. Are there any other brands I should look into?
>>
im a guy with oily skin; blackheads and redness on the nose, forehead and chin. any advice lads and lasses
>>
>>9525707
Wear sunscreen religiously, every time you leave the house. Retinol and dermarolling would increase the smoothness. But you HAVE to be very careful about avoiding the sun and proper cleaning and preparing procedures or you'll fuck yourself up. Also buy some facial sheet masks and use them once a week, and use face-wash with basic moisturizer every night.
>>
>>9525817
Banila makes one of the best mineral oil cleansers with their Clean It Zero. DHC is a good one with their Olive Oil cleanser, if you react to mineral oil
>>
>>9526749
Moisturize first to get your oily skin in check and then find a cleanser. Once you've gotten a good routine down with those two, introduce BHA for your blackheads
>>
>>9526804
almost every moisturizer i've ever used has given me a horrible rash so i can only use it at night [it wears off in the morning] do you have any idea why this might be? is there a chemical in common with pretty much all products?
>>
>>9526829
You might just be allergic to a certain ingredient. Try a hypoallergenic brand like Clinique or just pure hyaluronic acid. Hada labo is also really good, no colorings no fragrances. I have really sensitive skin and I don't react to that. Otherwise you can also go get a patch test at a dermatologists. I'm allergic to witch hazel, and that always give me a rash.
>>
>>9526829
Use plain aloe Vera gel
>>
>>9526786
Can't really avoid the sun with my work, but I can constantly reapply sunscreen. I don't really burn, so I probably won't need sunscreen with a high spf, right?
>>
Can anyone suggest a good undereye cream that won't break the bank? Preferably something available in US drugstores/Ulta? I'm 26, so I'm looking to prevent potential wrinkles.
>>
Yo what's a good cream/regime to get rid of shoulder scars? I used to get really bad acne there and while that has cleared up I still got some fugly af scars.
>>
>>9525745
Thank you so much for the review! I'll definitely try and snag some.
>>
Need advice for a daily skin routine.

At the moment im just using cleanser + moisturizer morning and night. What else should I be doing?
>>
>>9527559
What are your skincare concerns? If none, just add sunscreen in the morning.

>>9527281
What sort of scars? Light, dark, are they level with your skin? Vitamin C, niacinamide, and regular moisturising all help with scar fading - also things like dermaoil and creams containing vitamin E or A.
>>
>>9526829
No but there can be something common with all the ones you've tried. I would take the ones that you have gotten the worst reactions, look up the ingredients and start looking at those common between them. I like to use excel.

For example, I went through 4 cleansers to find out that I react to parabens. I've also went through 6 different oil cleansers to find out that I react to Olive Oil and its derivatives as well as mineral oil
>>
How long does it take for scabs to heal on average? I'm trying hard to kick scalp picking at the moment but every time I take a shower scabs end up softening and getting removed even when I gently lather my hair up. I feel like I'm at my wit's end gulls. Using both a moisturizing cream and aloe vera and although they do seem to be helping, they don't seem to be helping as fast as I'd like. Feels like my only alternative at this stage is to not wash my hair for two weeks and just stick with dry shampoo.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>9527696
My main concern is just with spots. I usually have a couple on my face here and there, it would be nice to target those!
>>
>>9526801
Thanks, anon. I'm looking at the Clean it Zero purity and considering picking it up to see how it helps me.
>>
>>9528361
I'd still add sunscreen in for UV damage prevention, but maybe look at a chemical exfoliant like salicylic or glycolic acid. Paula's choice is generally considered good but expensive, cosrx is another good brand.
>>
>>9528015
How big are they? When it was really bad for me I used thick blobs of petroleum jelly or antibacterial ointment (hint hint they're the same thing) to keep them moist so they naturally heal up and grow new skin instead of just popping off. When they come off in the shower do they leave sores? You may want to just not scrub those areas. If they're completely all over your head you might want to see a therapist lol
>>
File: cream.jpg (89KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cream.jpg
89KB, 1500x1500px
I've been having a super hard time finding a nighttime moisturizer that won't break me out. My skin is oily, sensitive, acne-prone and dull (I know, I really won the genetic lottery.)

Burt's Bees night creams used to work well with me, but everytime I buy a 24$ jar of cream it's *always* expired.

Doing a lot of research and I came upon Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Fresh Watery Cream for Oily Skin. Anyone have experiences with this? The reviews look positive. Anyone else have some night cream recs for super sensitive skin?
>>
>>9529535
First see what is causing you to have reactions. And then see if that ingredient is in there.

If you have sensitive skin, you really ought to be more familiar with cosdna
>>
>>9461903
Any reccomendations for dealing with spots on the chest area/cleavage? I get them occasionally but I've had a really annoying breakout lately and I compulsively pick at my skin, so I'm left with red marks that stay for ages. (If I don't have spots I can't pick, so clearing them is my only option)

I try and wear breathable clothing most of the time/when I'm at home. Ever since I started working as a waitress about a year ago I've had red/sightly spotty skin directly in the middle of my cleavage and it won't clear up. (I don't waitress anymore either) I also have spots on my chest/ near my collarbone.
Are there products good for this area of skin? I don't find that regular facewash does anything for it.
>>
File: 1493115601426.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493115601426.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
>Finally have perfect skin for months.
>Go from zero water to drinking like 1.5-2 litres a day (only when I'm actually thirsty, not aiming for any specific amount.)
>Immediately break out in deep, painful cystic acne over my entire fucking body.

My face, scalp, chest and back are covered in it. They were just big, sore, colorless lumps but I was a fuckwit and started scratching at them in frustration, so now they're all scabbed and probably going to scar, too.

>To top it off, boyfriend is coming back from 3 weeks of working away.
>To this mess.
>I want to die.
>>
>>9530345
Have you tried an exfoliant or exfoliating lotion there? Like the Gold Bond exfoliating lotion or the CosRX BHA/AHA Toner? A lot of people I know swear by the latter for bacne, and I use the former for KP. If the marks are straight-up acne, the toner will probably help the most, but any chemical exfoliant should help you out there. Also, you might try going braless at home--bras collect a lot of sweat, so even if you're wearing breathable clothes, if you're still wearing a bra it can exacerbate the issue.
>>
I know it is recommended to reaply sunscreen every few hours while out, but does any of you gulls do that? I only reapply if I'm at the beach without makeup etc, but I can't (atleast with my current sunscreen) lather it on top of my makeup, not to mention every 2 hours. My makeup would be ruined and my skin so very very suffocated.
>>
>>9524974
I've never really been big on skin care, so this is all very new to me. Thank you for your suggestions!

I was pretty blessed in my teenage years, and my skin was never dry or acne prone so I would wash my face once a day and only used moisturizer in the winter. Now I have multiple pimples popping up everyday that are so painful and deep, and my skin's flaky as hell, so I'm pretty lost on figuring out what are good products and what aren't. For the past few years I've just bounced around face wash and moisturizer that I could get at Walmart, but obviously that hasn't worked out for me.

Started a trial membership on Curology, and I've never been so excited to wash my face. Thank you so much for your help anon, I really appreciate it! Hope all your troubles work out as well!
>>
>>9531415
I have a spray one for when I wear makeup, which is pretty lightweight.
>>
Is there a paste in with basic/recommended products. I need to take care of my face and legs better but don't know where to start. My mom never clued me in and doesn't talk about beauty too much
>>
Where do you buy those UV protection films for your windows? Id like to get some and preferably in clear
>>
Message to nobody in particular.

Gulls, I understand you're trying to protect your skin with the high SPF sunscreen and UV-blocking foil. But if you do, please have your vitamin D levels checked every once in a while. A deficiency can creep up on you and it can really mess with your health (fatigue, poor immunity against illnesses, hell, even osteoperosis). Stay beautiful but stay healthy.

- your friendly overbearing fellow gull
>>
>>9531415
It's not every two hours. It's two hours of total sun exposure
>>
>>9533732
You don't have to ruin your face to do that though, 15 mins with arms/legs exposed is fine.
>>
File: skincarestuff.jpg (541KB, 3988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
skincarestuff.jpg
541KB, 3988x2988px
I am looking for some input on how to organize what I have for an AM & PM routine.
Here is what I have: (img related)
Serums
-Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum
-Couperose-C Serum

Exfoliant/ (can be a kind of a mask)
-Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant
I dont use this every day, more every other or every third day.

Clenser
-Milky Jelly Cleanser

Toner
-Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Moisturizer
-Priming Moisturizer

I am trying to go somewhat simple with what I know work with my skin. I do also have other things for masks, but I only mask about once a week.
Though I am looking for recommendations for another Toner and Vit C Serum.
I guess I am not sure which serum to us for the AM vs. the PM. Maybe it does not matter, but thought I would get some advice.
>>
>>9534234
To be honest you could use both serums morning and night if they're light enough in texture. I guess the question is whether you think the Couperose will be stable enough in the day with exposure to UV light - that would be the only reason I could think of to use it at night instead.
>>
So am i supposed to be using sunscreen before or after moisturizer? I've heard conflicting things on the order of it.
>>
>>9537132
After.
>>
File: vKwAAw1AM2mkw.gif (415KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
vKwAAw1AM2mkw.gif
415KB, 500x300px
>>9472741
Use man milk
>>
Anyone know if using a moisturizer infused with sunscreen at night is safe or not? Can I let that stay on my skin?
>>
For anyone here who has issues with compulsive face picking ruining their complexion, I've found that wearing bandaids over broken skin/bad spots with some anti-bacterial gel helps them heal much faster and also prevents you from directly touching it as a helpful side effect.
>>
I was an idiot that started squeezing sebaceous filaments after I learned of their existence, started doing it once or twice a day until one of my breasts ended up startlingly dry and red. Got a bit scared so kicked the habit, am now focusing on moisture since I noticed a lot of whiteheads popping up with the dryness. The moisture is thankfully coming back and the whiteheads are going but I'm really pale and the patch where I squeezed the most is extremely red. Did I somehow fuck up by scarring it forever or something? Anyone else experience something similar?
>>
>>9538026
Just invest in hydrocolloid bandages and keep your nails trimmed short. It's how I curbed my habit.
>>
Anyone here suffering from post inflamatory erythema? I have some "scars" left by some nasty breakout I had months ago, and I don't know where to start in terms of fading them.
>>
All I use is a certain sunscreen for my skincare and I always get told I look super young because of it. It's pretty much accepted that sun damage is the single most important thing to look out for right? I'm a man so I don't really pay too much attention to makeup but I thought I'd get some opinions
>>
>>9538493
Yes. Sun damage is the big one. If your skin is fine otherwise no need to get fancier.

>>9538095
>>9538492
Niacinamide, retinol and vitamin C supposedly all help. I'd introduce one at a time though.

>>9537577
Should be fine unless the sunscreen irritates you. You're probably gonna wash it off in the morning anyway.
>>
>>9527270
Piggybacking this, I need an under eye cream that rests my dark circles and puffiness. I've heard people recommend the Burts Bees and Tony Moly panda one, but has anyone tried the Mizon or Innisfree creams?
>>
>>9540287
The Mizon snail undereye cream is super hydrating and rich. I'd highly recommend it. I don't have an issue with puffiness, but I'd say it helped my dark circles a lot.
>>
>>9485659
I got them because I felt like cotton was too scratchy and by god are they good to sleep on. Might also help me keep my skin slightly more moisturised but that might also be placebo and my new actual routine.
>>
File: 1453862616863.jpg (72KB, 1304x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1453862616863.jpg
72KB, 1304x1184px
>mfw develop pimple on earlobe
>growing from the back so can't see the head
>try popping it
>nothing
>put hyaluronic bandaid on it overnight to try to develop a head
>nothing
>it's pushing my earlobe forward
>can't even turn my head without feeling it

Gulls, how do I deal with this? The hyaluronic bandaid helped with me not picking or feeling it but I can't wear that out in public. I don't want to put earrings in because the pimple might get worse.
>>
what the fuck do you do if accutane fails? took accutane in 2012, didnt work.

i just want pretty skin, girls.
>>
Anyone have a recommendation for a face scrub? My pores keep getting bigger in my T-zone and I get this almost 'roughness' around my jawline that my usual cleanser isn't taking care of and it's driving me nuts
>>
i started using a mix of crepe erase and kelo cote for my acne scars thoughts?
>>
>>9542607
i use stuff from lush -- ocean salt is SUPER abrasive but it cleans the fuck out of my pores. use a sample first!
>>
File: IMG_5734.jpg (14KB, 165x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5734.jpg
14KB, 165x174px
I'm 22 years old and my skin is a nightmare. I'm on Duac for acne which has helped tremendously with the breakouts, but I have severely enlarged pores from scarring and years of chronic acne. This is with makeup, and I literally look like an orange peel. I hate it. Anything I can do gulls? I know you can't really reduce pore size, but I'll take any advice. In terms of hiding it all, I've tried porefessional, but it makes everything worse. I've just been using a moisterizing primer since it helps a little, but it still looks like that. Any help?
>>
>>9542344
Can you ask a friend to have a look at it for you to see if it's coming to a head at all? If so, get them to lance it/use an extraction tool etc on it so the bandage can suck the gunk out.

I had on recently and could feel the spot miles away from where the head was, I had to get my gf to deal with it.
>>
>>9542344
Have you tried using a BHA or other chemical exfoliant? I find hydrocolloid bandages only really help once it's already come to a head.
>>
>>9470728
..or girlfriend
>>
>>9482374
They're not special, but if done over and above regular expressions, the muscles get toned more than they would have been otherwise
>>
>>9482706
Buy distilled water, just for your face. It's not that spendy.
>>
>>9484568
If you're going to live in the same house for a while, by far the best way to go is an installed, two cartridge system. Filters are cheap, many people can install it themselves, and they make a HUGE difference.
>>
>>9510221
>>9490566
Do you guys still wear any moisturiser?
I read that moisturiser is still important even for oiler faces, to slower the onset wrinkling.
>>
>>9480329
I wash once a day at night, just like the other oily skin anon said. I moisturise straight after washing. If I feel extra gross in the morning then I would wash my face again, but I haven't felt like that since I've been recording my water intake.

For your Question 2, I think your concern with pore on your nose is similar to the first myth listed in this article.
https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
Anyway, I'm trying their BHA recommendation for pores and I can say for sure my pores are looking nicer than ever! And I haven't even received my clay mask or doing an oil cleanse.
>>
>>9527065
Use a moisturiser.

On another note, people who don't burn still risk skin cancer. But if that doesn't concern you, then you don't have to wear sunscreen, but that won't ease your rough skin problem. Plus, sunscreen wears off in 1 to 2 hrs, and needs to be reapplied.

Hours of sunlight + alcohol based sunscreen + hot shower = dry rough skin

You know what to do
>>
>>9542905
https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
>>
Any suggestions for dealing with dark circles around your whole eye? My eyelids are extremely dark, as well as a little under my eyes as well.
>>
>>9543127
I had my BF look at it and he said it was still just red. The bump is firm and I feel like there's a head, but I guess not yet.

>>9543156
I might have a sample or two lying around but DESU even if that was in my normal routine, my earlobes aren't something I usually think about cleaning (they get rinsed in the shower of course). I've had some luck with the bandages reducing the bump if it was only red but I guess not this time.
>>
I hope this is the right thread to ask.
I suffer from being a hairy troll. Epilating works fine everywhere but my bikini area. I literally tried everything: waxing, shaving, epilating but none works well. They get come back insanely fast and grow in badly. My skin is already a bit damaged from getting all the ingrown hair out. My only option left is getting a permanent hair removal treatment. Has any of you some expricences to share? What are the tings to look out for or to avoid?
I just want to wear nice underwear without have my nasty pubes sticking out on every side.
>>
>>9544716
Laser hair removal is so worth it. I've had four treatments for legs, brazilian and underarms, and I already have almost no hair growing back.
>>
>>9545712
nayrt, but may I ask how much it cost? I've been told I'm a perfect candidate for laser hair removal (dark, coarse hair with pale skin) but I'm still contemplating if it'd be worth the price.
>>
>>9543597
Different type of dark circles have different remedies. If I don't remember I correctly, purple darkness means lack of sleep, aka sleep more, eat better. Brown or grey-ish darkness means the skin is thin and the darkness of the eye globe inside is visible. Some suggestions I've read for this is creams that are "skin thickening", but that seems to boil down mostly to proper moisturising and sunscreen, since stuff like topical collagen shouldn't work, scientifically.

I just go over my entire eye with a light concealer and blend it out nicely. Works more efficiently and cheaper for me.
>>
>>9542344
Are you sure it is not a cyst forming?
>>
>>9542905
I don't know how long you've been on treatments, but your skin will heal with time once you got the acne under control.

I don't want to disappoint you, but I'll be honest that there is no miracle that will fix them overnight. You could easily look at a couple years for your skin to show noticeable improvement as the skin has to heal. You just need to focus on your skin's health in general. Primer is the only thing I know of that can instantly give relief. However, making sure to keep your pores free of blackheads and unclogged can reduce the visibility of them.

Just work on your skin in general, moisturize it, use your medicine, and you will see improvement. I would say seek out microdermabrasion, but that might contradict with your topical medicine.
>>
>>9542905
Also, sometimes when it comes to super uneven texture. foundation can make it worse. If you've got an uneven surface that you apply layers of makeup such as primer, BB creme, foundation, and whatever it is you use, it's only going to make the uneven surface more visible. The majority of primers can only handle minor imperfection while foundations more so cover uneven color. Pitting, large pores, and the unevenness associated with severe acne can look worse covered. Possibly try applying your makeup lightest in those areas, if at all, and compare the pictures to full-coverage. You'll still see your pores, but you may realize it's less noticeable, especially in harsh lighting.
>>
>>9545732
Oh god lmao I just went back through eight months of transactions to find it. It was $770 for six sessions, for underarms, brazilian, and full leg laser treatment. I have the same features as you anon! It works perfectly so far.
>>
>>9530365
Your body could be detoxing, but you just said you never drink water. The majority of filtration systems cannot actually remove 100% of fluoride from water. In fact, most don't remove any.

There is something you could look up called "fluoroderma" which involved painful, cystic acne forming from exposure to fluoride internally from sources such as tap water and toothpaste. Your body might be freaking out if it's being exposed internally to something it wasn't use to.

I mean, if you are buying bottled water, it's unlikely, but it's a real possibility if much of the water comes from the tap whether it's filtered or not.
>>
Any sunscreen recommendations for people with horribly sensitive eczema?

I have tried several brands, but I can't wear them because they sting my face.

I know, I know. I'm a fool for not wearing sunscreen. I feel like my skin is already too aged and sun-damaged to start now. It's so painful for me to wear, but I don't want to look like an old lady yet.
>>
>>9545967
I'd suggest maybe applying a thicker moisturizer before sunscreen application? It might take a little edge off a little. I cannot help as far as brand. I just know sometimes applying stuff like that to dry skin can sting like crazy, and dry skin kind of comes with the eczema territory.
>>
Adding to that, the only experience I've had with eczema was an ex, and he had eczema on primarily his hands and arms. What we found worked was emu oil. Everything else either stung like hell, or didn't help the skin more then a couple hours. It took away a considerable amount of pain, and the eczema became far less noticeable.. However, I cannot recommend it if you are vegetarian or for facial usage because while it sets in nicely, it's still a really thick oil. It's got a lot of lipids and stuff though to protect the skin. It might help with sunscreen application on the body.
>>
>>9545967
Did those brands you tried include mineral sunscreens? If not, you should give it a go. It could be that your skin is reacting to the chemical compound used to absorb UV in regular sunscreens. I know several people whose 'sun allergies' were actually caused by sensitivity to this compound. Mineral sunscreens use little particles on your skin to reflect sunlight. Find some brand with natural ingredients like Lovea or Aloe Pura.
>>
>>9545999
It's true. Some people are just sensitive to traditional sunscreens, and nothing can change being allergic to a chemical.
>>
>>9545999
Thank you so much! My skin tends to react with almost products that go on my face, but sunscreen in particular has always been really painful and drying, even the ones that were supposed to double as a moisturiser. I'll give the mineral sunscreens a go!
>>
File: aoki2.png (343KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
aoki2.png
343KB, 800x534px
>Be skincare novice with no set routine
>Lurk thread in the hopes that I can become enlightened
> Skin drastically improves over the course of 3 weeks by following the sagely wisdom of cleanse, exfoliate, toner, moisturise

Thanks a lot gulls, I'm feeling a lot more confident now!
>>
File: image1 (2).jpg (84KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (2).jpg
84KB, 640x398px
here is my daily routine that I have found help me a shit ton with oily/acne prone skin:
>African Black Soap Acne Prone Face & Body Bar - Shea Moisture
>Deep Cleaning Astringent - Clean & Clear
I know this has alcohol in it but I cant find anything more satisfying and clean feeling than this
>occasionally African black soap problem skin toner - Shea Moisture (instead of the cc toner)
> ending w African Black Soap problem skin moisturizer
This moisturizer is the only one I have ever find to actually not turn me into a greasy mess after a few hours.
Whats the consensus on the shea moisture brand? boy it has done me good. My skin is almost clear and baby soft.
>>
>>9542590
How bad of acne? What's your skin type?

Accutane isn't the only way. Keep hope fellow pimplefag
>>
>>9548858
>shea moisture
I've enjoyed their hair products and never really thought to try their skin stuff (though it's expensive where I live so I might look for an alternative back soap) as I've been getting shoulder breakouts in the heat
>>
>>9548928
which hair products did you use? I did that little quiz on the website to figure out which products I should use for frizzy hair and I wasn't too impressed with the raw shea & cupuacu shampoo + hair mask combo
that aussie 3 minute miracle is so much better and way cheaper.
I'm actually using this Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special shampoo + conditioner and it feels soooo amazing on my scalp and has helped with the greasiness and frizziness pretty good but with a higher price tag.
>>
>>9545924
Based on how it's healing, it probably is. I get them on my jawline every so often but never on my ear. It's finally going down now so I just have to wait.

Guess I'll have to pay better attention to my earlobes from now on.
>>
I guess not 100% related to skin, but does anyone have any tips for making you cheeks chubbier? As I get older my cheeks are becoming more hollow looking... which I don't think looks good because it's combined with a longer face. I don't want to gain weight though.
>>
File: 1492774931172.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1492774931172.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>9537313
>>
>>9552591
Sorry but your only options are fillers or autologous fat transfer.
>>
I am a gigantic idiot. I just got rid of some persistent acne I've been dealing with for the past year. My skin gradually started reacting to chemical sunscreen and causing what I thought was hormonal acne. It was all over my cheeks and chin, so I thought my diet or strrss was to blame. I switched to physical sunscreens only and everything has cleared up.

FYI to anyone else struggling. Maybe this can help.
>>
I was looking at starting mizon 8% aha. I've never used an aha before, is 8% too strong to jump into if i only use it once a week?
>>
>>9555613
It's not the amount but more like the frequency. Once a week is fine
>>
>>9542905
H Y D R A T I O N

Seriously though. Find a good hydrater and a moisturizer. Pores don't change size but you can make it appear smaller because it's all filled with water
>>
Not sure if anybody has had this happen to them. I'm a caramel color skin tone. I usually wear contacts out and my glasses around the house. A few months back I looked in the mirror and noticed my glasses left an indent in the bridge of my nose. It's slightly off color from my normal skin tone and it really bothers me. I can cover it with concealer but worried about breaking out. Any ideas?
>>
File: 17-07-10-17-33-42-593_deco.jpg (556KB, 1027x1280px) Image search: [Google]
17-07-10-17-33-42-593_deco.jpg
556KB, 1027x1280px
Is there anything I could do for my undereyes? The little bags underneath bother me, they even have two ugly tiny lines on and i got have dark circles underneath. People around me says it's cute but imo it makes me look like some kind of crack addict or someone that never sleeps.
I'm only 21 and I take care of my skin every single day,moisturize and apply sunscreen, yet my under eyes always looked terribad and the more I aged the worst it got. Am I condemned to have fug eyes forever or is there hope for me?
>>
>>9555867
Also they're uneven. Fuck it.
I got bashed on my eyes a lot back in high school (people telling me my eyes are scary) and i'm super self conscious about them
>>
>>9546209
What's your skin type and what do you do?
Novice here and legit interested. I have normal/dry skin and I only ever use coconut oil after showering, aloe vera on dry areas and around the eye area, raw honey on pimples, and a drop of castor oil on my lips and where wrinkles are prone to appear first. That and sunscreen every time it's not raining/super cloudy
>>
>>9463708
I want to try a dermaroller now that I've finished my round of accutane. Do you have any tips for it? I've googled it a lot but I was hoping someone here has used it or knows more about it.
>>
>>9485224
I mix bio oil with some coco and shea butter. Exfoliate with a loofa and rub that shit on there. Thats just about all you can do unless you want to get surgery. Have them across my hips as ass. They are just about the same color as the rest of my skin now, and not so rough in texture, but if the light hits them just right you can tell they are there.
>>
>>9507306

>>9507479 is right. All antibiotics do is put a band aide on it, a band aide that fucks up the natural flora of your body and can give you other infections. As soon as you stop taking the meds they are going to come back, as you are not actually treating them.

If your acne is bad enough see if you can get some accutane. Its way safer than it used to be and totally worth it. If not stick to topicals like a retinol.
>>
>>9510127
Aloe vera and drink hella water. I got second degree sun burns once time and blistered. Anything besides aloe and hydro-cortisone will burn. Your skin is dry AF, drink more water. Other than that just let it heal. Wear loose cloths and avoid the sun.
>>
>>9516342
get a kind without alcohol and with some kind of moisturizer in it.
>>
>>9516342
>>9516911
Seconding rose water. I use an organic rosehip toner mist spray, because everything else would irritate my skin and cause it to flare up in rashes, even alcohol-free toners. The rosehip toner feels so refreshing, and actually makes my skin look alive lol
>>
>>9555867
Is it something to do with fluid retention? Apparently dermarollers are good for that.
>>
>>9556778
nayrt, but are dermarollers any good? it seems a little suss, rolling micro needs all over your face, but everyone seems to speak highly of it.
>>
File: NIVEA Gentle Exfoliating Scrub.jpg (29KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
NIVEA Gentle Exfoliating Scrub.jpg
29KB, 564x752px
>>9555947
I've got oily/combination skin and I do this every day:
1) Cleanse with micellar water on a cotton pad
2) Exfoliate with a gentle exfoliator
3) Use a toner
4) Moisturise with moisturiser of choice

Honestly I did nothing before for my skin and everything I'm using right now is like babby's first skin care (Nivea exfoliator, Olay moisturiser etc) so I think I was bound to see some change. Now that my skin has improved a bit I wear makeup less often and I think that it might be kind of cyclical in helping my skin out a little.
I always moisturise before bed and after a shower, but now I'm lurking to find the products that will help me out long term. I've never really given a thought to skin care before really reading this thread so thanks to you gulls I'm converted
>>
File: 147d20da50aa2757b6f311bfb45fdf09.jpg (731KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
147d20da50aa2757b6f311bfb45fdf09.jpg
731KB, 1334x1334px
Okay so i have two chicken pox scars on the bit of skin between the eyes, one is a lot deeper than the other but they both drive me insane, as they are right in the centre of my face and it's all i can focus on. I have had a derma roller treatment and have since been routinely rolling it, and it improved a very small amount, and I recently went for one round of a sublative treatment to try and fade it out but the scars aren't budging. Has anyone got any advice for any other treatments I could try? I am willing to try anything, no matter how expensive or painful. I was thinking of just getting them filled in with a derma filler but i know that fades after 6-12 months...
>>
>>9557588
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're missing a chunk of skin. It's not that it's a scar that's the problem, it's that the skin died leaving a crater and it's probably never going to come back. Fillers are the only option.
>>
>>9556778
I wonder? They were there before but super light and barely noticeable, they started as fine lines and they gradually became worse with the years. Should try a dermaroll though, thanks!

>>9557122
Aw that's nice anon! It's such a good feeling to see your skin clearing up. I do something similar with micellar water and use it as a makeup remover. I only wear makeup when I wear lolita desu, which is maybe once a week. And my skin is clear so I don't need foundation (just lots of concealer for those horrendous dark circles)
>>
>>9557618
Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I have spoken to so many people and they told me sublative is the key but honestly, I just want to fill the fuckers in.
>>
I recently started using a vitamin c + e serum. I have a few week old burn on my hand, would this serum help fade the mark?
>>
>Be male w/ slightly oily skin and occasional pimples

What do you recommend for babby's first facial skincare set?

Haven't gone anything beyond aloe soap, Walmart facial wash, and salicylic acid for occasional breakout.
>>
>>9466201
Related to boob questions, does anyone have a solution for swollen, lumpy breasts before a period? I believe it's known as fibrocystic breast disease and I've had it for most of my 20's. I'm 27 now. It's a PMS symptom and sometimes it's a lot worse than other times. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason to it.

Online websites recommend pain relievers and birth control. I also get some annoying hormonal acne, but I'd rather not go on birth control. Pain relievers don't solve the tenderness problem, and they're still swollen as fuck.

Websites also recommend avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and fatty or salty foods. I've heard this helps with "general pms symptoms" but doesn't seem to help with the swelling or tenderness. I rarely drink coffee and alcohol to begin with, so that's easy to avoid. Also I have been eating much healthier since I was 24-25, and still every month or every other month I have about four or five days of swollen, painful, tender breasts. It fucking sucks.

I have one last suspicion that I need to talk to my doctor about. I am on an anti-psychotic that has been known to cause lactation. I have not been on it the entire duration of my twenties, but I'm wondering if that's why this problem has only gotten worse as I've gotten older. No lactation yet, but perhaps something in the anti-psychotic is making it worse.
>>
File: JiNmz.gif (343KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
JiNmz.gif
343KB, 500x375px
Got accepted to a local comic con, however I've only tabled at anime-centric cons before. I want to expand my prints stock, butt I'm not sure what to cover. Of the things I like, would fanart of dceu/mcu and western video games work out?
>>
>>9560851
Think you're on the wrong tab m8
>>
How long does it take for acne meds to work?
I've been on minocycline for almost 3 months now and my chest acne has only gotten worse in this time, and my face acne hasn't changed much. I've had moderate acne on my chest, face and back for about 6 years.

For reference, my skincare routine is shower in the morning, generic moisturiser, Biore UV Gel, then in the evening, wash with generic cleanser, moisturise. I use Cosrx BHA liquid 2-3 times a week and AHA 1-2 times a week, as well as a prescription benzoyl peroxide gel.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.