[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colossalcon 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 59

File: IMG_3561.jpg (362KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3561.jpg
362KB, 2048x1365px
About one month until Colossalcon. Let's discuss.

>How are your cosplays coming?
>Are you planning your coords?
>Where are you staying?
>What are you excited for?
>Any cosplay predictions?
>Events
>Photoshoots
>Panels
>etc

Let's discuss!
>>
>>9443357
Use the catalog. >>9433058
>>
>>9443386
Or we can let that steaming pile of a thread die
>>
>>9443357
My thread is superior lmfao!
>>
Got some pieces in the mail today! Still trying to figure out wigs.
>Where are you staying?
Nothing's set in stone, but if I end up going it'll be a Kalahari room for sure.
If I do go this year, it'll be my first year not staffing, and while it's hella crowded now, I'd like to try and enjoy the con as an attendee for once.
Man idk. I don't pay attention to things. What's even popular right now?
>Events
I'll probably see what's going on when I'm conscious. Waterpark after-hours maybe? Will definately browse the Flea Market and Craft Faire.
>Photoshoots
Probably not.
>Panels
I usually don't go to panels due to my inability to stay in one place.

>>9443474
It was doomed from the start with that discourse meme man OP image.
>>
My one cosplay is done. I want to touch up some areas but haven't started that yet. Want to make a pool party version and a kigu. I should get started on that this week. I need to make a decent prop too.
Figuring out what I want to wear, most I already own but debating if I want to add or make some new accessories or something.
>Where are you staying?
At the Kalahari
Cedar Point, but I'll probably go sometime in May before the con, hanging out, seeing friends, water park time, cosplay shenanigans, animals.
Lots of all the popular stuff right now and lots of pool cosplay, the usual.
>Events
Lolita stuff.
>Photoshoots
If events don't conflict, I'll go to a photoshoot for my one lonely cosplay.
>Panels
Submitted two panels and waiting to see if they get approved.
>etc
I'm always excited for this time of year. It's like I can taste the excitement of driving up there and I can hear the quiet sounds of the Kalahari before 20k nerds take over the whole area. But then again, I can also feel the feelings of it being over before it even starts and looking around the Kalahari after everyone has left.
>>
>>9445492
Panels haven't been approved yet? Usually they have the schedule out a month before con and that's in one week.
>>
>>9443386
That's a drama thread, not an actual con discussion thread.

Let's avoid shitting this one up.
>>
>>9446139
From the FB group:

"Everything should be accepted by may 1st :) we'll also be contacting every panelist to let them know what happens if their panels haven't been accepted at that time. Basically they go on a wait list in case any other panels get cancelled before the con."
>>
>>9446139
There was a bit of a snafu and apparently the programming head was let go. So someone else is handling it. They are probably just a bit behind due to that.
>>
>>9443357

Awesome. Super excited. Good ole DBZ and League.
Fly solo usually
>Where are you staying?
Not sure yet? Willing to throw cash for space at Kalahari.
Chicks! Partying! Video Games!
>Events
Sat night rave is going to be stellar.
>Panels
Hotttttttpockettttttts

Also, can someone toss me an offer on a space at Kalahari in their room?

I make damn good money... I just need a bed!!!
>>
>>9447207
>Also, can someone toss me an offer on a space at Kalahari in their room?
There's a "room and ride share" group on Facebook. You're a lot more likely to find something there. These boards are fairly deserted by comparison.

>bumping this thread since its shitty twin got bumped
>>
>>9443357
I'm just gonna be lame an adapt an old League cosplay into a swimsuit version

Then I also wanna do summer Cirno, but I'm not even sure I can tan, so
>>
>>How are your cosplays coming?
Low effort cosplays all day long. I'll be cosplaying as Funky Kong (mario kart wii version) and Old spice Guy (towel and I'm on a horse version)

>>Where are you staying?
Kalahari

>>What are you excited for?
Drinking, making new friends, talking to cute women, volleyball

>>Any cosplay predictions?
2B, Breath of the wild cosplays

>>Events
Rave?

>>Photoshoots
Sure, if there's a gang of DK cosplayers

>>Panels
Maybe

>>etc
Gauranteed to be bumping music through hallways
>>
I'm beginning to think almost everyone who complains about staff at any con are just melodramatic faggots. I've been going to cons for 6 years. Usually with a large group of people I know. We never have problems with staff. Follow directions and rules, don't be an idiot.
>>
>>9449322
Oops wrong colossal thread
>>
>>9449328
Haha fuck yeah!
>>
>>9449331
Y-yeah
>>
>>9443357

I'm rewearing an old one for a group, but aside from that I honestly haven't started. I have all of my supplies though.
No
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari
Playing in the waterpark and going to Cedar Point to be honest
Lucoa bikinis.
>Events
Nope
>Photoshoots
Two large groups, but they're being kept a little quiet until we figure out who's in, who will likely drop out, etc.
>Panels
May not even attend the actual con.
>>
Since it wasn't mentioned in the OP (just the question of how cosplays are coming along), what all is everyone cosplaying?
>>
Great. I have one more to complete.
Yes.
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari.
Rave, Drinking, hot tubs, chill panels.
Bathing suit Ram & Rem
>Events
Deathrock After Dark, Rave, Formal, Make J Rock Great again.
>Photoshoots
Sailor Moon, Overwatch
>>
>>9450379
You sound like my type of person!!!!

I'm the DBZ guy. Cliche I know
>>
Tentative schedule is up! What do you guys think you'll be attending?

http://colossalcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Colossalcon-2017-web-schedule-version-1.pdf
>>
>>9450968

only guarantee rn is the night swim
>>
>>9451070
Those aren't even on the list... When are they and how much does it cost?
>>
File: 480px-UzukiShimamuraSRare+1.jpg (183KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
480px-UzukiShimamuraSRare+1.jpg
183KB, 480x600px
It's my first Colossalcon, so I'm really, really excited!
Currently planning out three swimsuit cosplays that I'm fairly sure Ill be able to sew myself. All are idolm@ster cosplays, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing any other series. Just ordered Symphony no. 765 Miki today since it was the one cosplay I didn't feel comfortable making this time around.
>Where are you staying?
Maui sands! I'm hoping it's not too far from the Kalahari.
Seeing friends again, plus I'm going with my best friend from highschool to celebrate our graduating college, so it should be really fun!
Not actually sure, but it seems a good group of cosplayers are planning idolm@ster-related cosplay, whether it be original 765 or CG, so I'm looking forward to seeing more idol cosplay.
>Photoshoots
No photoshoots planned yet, but I'm part of 3 groups so I'm sure someone will end up hiring a photographer.
>>
>>9451135
15$ each night, Fri and Sat 11am-3pm

http://colossalcon.com/events/waterparkafter/

>>9451342
>tfw some of your favourite /cgl/ name/tripcode users are starting to go to Colossal

>Maui sands! I'm hoping it's not too far from the Kalahari.
They have a free shuttle service now that runs between the Kalahari and some of the overflow hotels so distance shouldn't matter too much. Here's the hours and such: http://colossalcon.com/location/shuttle-service
>>
File: tumblr_ncbo5bN3hy1s5f9ado1_500.gif (2MB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncbo5bN3hy1s5f9ado1_500.gif
2MB, 500x392px
>>9451406
>Favorite
Anon you're making me blush
Thank you for linking the shuttle service! I was a little worried about Maui being too far from the Kalahari for walking and heard from people who have attended in the past that there aren't ubers/lyfts out in Sandusky, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do for transport. Now I know!
>>
>>9451416
Walking is not an option! And don't rely on the shuttles if you need to be somewhere at a specific time. If you do, leave really early!
>>
>>9451416
I have heard so much about you, did you go to Katsu, if so I might have met you if you cosplayed idolmaster, otherwise if not I would love to meet/shoot with you as I am idol trash. Colossal is my "fun" con so I am so hype.
>>
>>9451447
Thanks so much for the advice, I'm sure it'll come in handy when I'm leaving for morning shoots or need to run back and change!

>>9451453
Oh yikes, I hope what you heard wasn't all bad, haha! I did go to Katsu, where I cosplayed Arisu Tachibana on Saturday and Mika Jougasaki on Sunday, both with groups. If we met at Katsu, I'd love to see you again because I love meeting idolm@ster fans!!
>>
>>9451458
>Mika Jougasaki
Were you in the CG group, the giant Cinderella Girls (the ballroom/OP 1) one? If so I know you IRL and feel bad not knowing you were a tripcode user.
>>
>>9451492
I think you're thinking of the Starry Sky Bright group we had on Saturday of the con! That was when I was Arisu, and Barri was our Mika!
>>
Who is this claudie person
>>
>>9451496
Oh! I know bari! I guess I will hopefully meet you at colossal!
>>
>>9451548
See you there~!
>>
Just hit me how close to con we actually are and how little I've done.

In other news, how much is even reasonable to ask for space in a Nomad room if you're only trying to get six people in for the full four days?
>>
File: ZooeySummer_A.png (213KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
ZooeySummer_A.png
213KB, 600x500px
Almost done! Don't think i'll finish my swimsuit cosplays on time but I hope I'll have Summer Zooey done.
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari
Friends, pool parties, petting zoo etc,
NiER, Dragon maid, BotW
>Events
Rave? Waterpark event??
>Photoshoots
If anything lines up with my cosplans yeah!!
>>
>>9452560
When are you wearing Zooey? I'll be part of a mini summer granblue group on Saturday.
>>
Great, just started but coming along pretty well. Praying I can get it done in the next 2 weeks so I don't have to do too much last minute as usual.

>Where are you staying?
Kalahari, got a suite!

Indoor waterpark/wavepool, chillin with drink in hand all weekend. Jacuzzi bar.

Tons of Love Live and Pokemon Gijinkas as usual. Can't wait for all the pool cosplay!

>Events
Craft fair and swap meet for sure. Vending and shopping.

>Photoshoots
A personal one and Pokemon.
>>
Just saw a news segment about how hotel pools contain gallons of pee and rarely is the water drained and refilled. Enjoy!
>>
>>9452647
I might be down to wear her on Saturday! Are you guys doing the group in the morning or afternoon?
>>
File: 1486825814664.jpg (31KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1486825814664.jpg
31KB, 320x180px
>>9451406
>>9451406
THE NIGHT SWIM IS TWO NIGHTS NOW?

HOLY SHIT FUCK YES
>>
>>9452716
This your first time going to a public pool?

>what is chlorine
>>
>>9449925
Jyushimatsu, "weeaboo-chan" and maybe in menhera/yami kawaii at some point.
>>
Good, my last suit shipped today and I just have to style wigs.
Yeah, I'm doing character inspired swimsuits so none of them are canon designs but they translate really well!
>Where are you staying?
America's Best Value Inn. We're crossing the street to take the Maui Sands shuttle, hopefully we win the room lottery for next year.
It's my first time going, and my first major con with my boyfriend and other friends. I'm planning on drinking and partying and having a blast.
My friends are doing a huge pokemon group, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones. Love Live! too.
>Events
Night Swim? Other than that I haven't paid too much attention
>Photoshoots
Nope. This is chill con for me.
>Panels
Again, haven't paid too much attention.

In terms of cosplans, I'm doing swimsuit versions of Yasuho Hirose, Foo Fighters, and Me!Me!Me!
>>
I'm not worried. All my shit is either old or very simple

N/A

>Where are you staying?
Kalahari

Night Swim, Kalahari food and drink, meeting new people, fighting games

Automata, BotW, Persona 5 (stretch), Lucoas errywhere

>Events
Night Swim, Mayyyyybe masquerade if get my Garterbelt together

>Photoshoots
If there's a Panty and Stocking one, I might

>Panels
Uh, almost none. For the most part, panels don't interest me. I think people go to panels because they think it means they're getting their money's worth.
>>
Does anyone know anything about any artists in the artist's alley? This is the time of year I like to become an amateaur-ass art collector
>>
>Jojo ask panel
Kill me
>>
I'm actually on track to being done early for the first time in years, so pretty good.
Still debating on whether I have room for lolita in my schedule. Is the tea party worth it?
I'm not in charge of the hotel bookings or driving or anything for once so I'm looking forward to being irresponsible all weekend. And pool cosplay.
Wendy's
>Photoshoots
I have one private shoot planned, also planning to check out at least one of the Pokemon shoots since I have two trainer cosplays planned
>Panels/Events
No real plans beyond the watching fashion show yet.
>>
>>9457014
>tea party
Went last year and going again this year.

They give out good prizes for the raffle, like brand items, indie brand items from sweet mildred I think and a Voodoodolly crown I think? as well as good to high quality makeup items. I think someone got a naked palette last year. There's a $50 prize for the coordinate contest.

Food was pretty good, it's pancakes with nice toppings and cute little pastries. Not a huge meal but more filling than what you'd expect at a tea. I think they are doing the same this year.
>>
thread's dead as shit, baby
>>
>>9459621
So why bump it, baby. People will bring it back or make a new one once they have stuff to post.
>>
>>9459638
This bitch ain't dead!

Partybromcswole is still in dis biachhh
>>
Does anyone have room for one in their room? I can pay obviously, and most of the time I'll be out with my friends in the con or partying at their rooms. You'd likely never hear from me (unless you wanted hang, i can get along with anyone!) and the odds of me even crashing in your room would be low. I just don't want to go up there without having a concrete room.

If anyone is interested let me know! Heading into work now so replies will be slow but reply with your info and I'll hit you up when I get back :)

A little about me, I'm pretty quiet, LGBT and friendly. I used to cosplay a lot and really seriously but I'm just looking to come party with my friends and let loose for the weekend, so at most it'd be me, my bag, and a sleeping bag if you wanna put me on the floor. I might throw together a maid cosplay but it's unlikely.

Cheers <3
>>
>>9459809
Try checking the colossalcon room sharing fb page. I've seen tons of people advertise space/whole rooms for the kalahari and other hotels in the past few days. It seems like people are finally dropping.
>>
>>9459671
Only thing dead is colossalcon's hype these days
>>
>>9463114

Nah they still have plenty of hype

Everyone I speak to online and off is stoked

It'll be gorgeous
>>
>>9450843
Oh really? Excellent. See you there!
>>
Jessica Nigri is coming this year,
Colossal is officially dead.
>>
>>9463664
Oh boo fucking hoo. Dry your baby tears. The chances of running into her are slim considering she'll be surrounded by neckbeards. Unless you are one of those neckbeards trying to get to her, how is it going to effect your con?
>>
>>9463664
Lmao. Sorry you feel so strongly about someone you've probably never met and probably won't see at colossal. She will have 0 influence on your colossal experience outside of the fact your virgin ass holds a personal vendetta against her for whatever reason. What is it?
>>
>>9463664
I'm not a big fan of her but her attending colossalcon isn't going to ruin the convention. Chill.
>>
What cosplays are people bringing?
>>
>>9463410
Fucking aye. Gunna be god damn baller
>>
>>9459809

Are you still here? My friend and her boyfriend have a room. We need two more people
>>
>>9463664

I really can't understand this shit

Why do people hate Jessica Nigri? I've seen like four people say this ruined the convention for them

>>9464171

I'm going to be the only person there cosplaying the Fighter from Let it Die. It's just a respirator and swimming briefs I need to paint
>>
>>9464335
How much and Kalahari?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1494013040091.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1494013040091.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>9464171
>>
>>9464415
Kalahari

after we get you and another person, should be $100 for Thurs-Sun at MOST

contact me at [email protected]
>>
>>9464701
Different anon but i sent you a message
>>
>>9452734
Afternoon most likely! We'll be doing Bahamut/Granblue and then straight Granblue.
>>
>>9464796

Gotcha

room for one more, people
>>
what's the deal with the photographer pass? I want to open a few paid shoots to help pay for the con. my friends warned me about not having a badge. Will i get kicked out?

it's my first time.
>>
>>9465231
http://colossalcon.com/information/photography-policy/

It's only 5$ more than a regular 4 day pass. I know they can revoke your con pass if they find out you're charging for shoots without a photographer pass.
>>
>>9465254
>Insert meme
you can't have your pass revoked if you never bought a pass.

I'm friends with a few of the photographers advertising on the Colossalcon (West & East) Photography & Videography facebook group. none of us is paying for that overpriced shit.
>>
>>9465475
>70$ for 4 days of con plus advertising
>overpriced

Sorry your photos are so bad not even con kids will pay you enough to afford a badge.

Also the photography and videography group is unofficial and not run by con staff, so idk why you're even bringing it up.
>>
>>9465475
>Profitting off of the work of organizers.
>Too poor to buy a badge and support convention which is giving them a chance to "work".

This is why people hate photographers FYI
>>
Still got one spot open for anyone trying to room. We're a friendly bunch; alcohol and banter are common. You can bring what you like, except for hard drugs lol

[email protected]
>>
>>9466124
Nah, people hate photographers because the market is saturated with shitty ones who use shtty cameras with shitty lighting and shitty photo editing skills and then they overcharge for their "work"
>>
Well! I need a few tiny things but nothing I can't Prime. Debating whether I have time/motivation to throw in something else simple, but I think I'm satisfied. I don't take it too seriously.

The one I might bring is all set, though I might pick up a new wig.

>Where are you staying?
Kalahari! It'll be my first time in a suite aw bby

This is the con all my out of state/country friends come in for, so I'm stoked to see them. Getting tipsy with my roommates, meeting qts, and I'm gonna try n go to the water park more than I usually do! And looking for some good deals~

Dragon Maid, RE: Zero, Konosuba, idk. I don't keep up with new stuff much. I know a few people planning stuff from Nier. But everything with swimsuits.

>Events
The game room is always solid, and if I end up wearing lolita I'll probably be at the tea party. I'd like to check out after hours swimming too!

>Photoshoots
Nothing private, but maybe if there's a comics shoot. Although I think those are mainly superhero focused so idk.

>Panels
Nothing specific planned, I don't usually make many at Colossal lmao. Too much stuff to see!
>>
>when you're at work and miss a post about someone selling a Desert room

I have 4 people at the hotel right across from a shuttle stop, but if I get Kalahari I'll get the friends that jumped ship to join an empty spot at the main hotel back. A-anyone selling a room or has room for 4 people?
>>
>>9466938
>not because they are entitled wankers
>>
File: What .jpg (116KB, 573x817px) Image search: [Google]
What .jpg
116KB, 573x817px
are we shit posting con.
>>
File: Actual line up Colossal 2k-17.png (2MB, 2658x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Actual line up Colossal 2k-17.png
2MB, 2658x1276px
>>9464171
>>
Are you still allowed to go to the swim-up bar if you just have a spectator pass? Thinking about just buying the after-hours waterpark pass but I still wanna do swimsuit stuff in the day.
>>
File: speedo bandito.jpg (194KB, 611x923px) Image search: [Google]
speedo bandito.jpg
194KB, 611x923px
What else is there to do in the area? We're going to Sandusky on Thursday but not attending until Friday and going through Sunday?

>>9443357
Pic related is almost done. Just gotta glue some shit together and I'll be good. One day I want to do a JC Denton or a Morgan Yu.
>>Are you planning your coords?
?
>>Where are you staying?
Super 8 Sandusky, if its not filled already. Am I fucked if we don't have a reservation yet.
Artists Alley. Bought a really cool Akira print that was in a classical European style and a QT that invited me to a John Carpenter triple theater in Philly. I hope they're both back. Karaoke?
Lots of P5.
>>Events
Nerdfit, and I hope that one DJ from last year comes back and does another demonstration. Entering the in character cosplay contest. Really fun last year.
>>Photoshoots
Have they been announced yet?
>>Panels
Chiptune and Nintendo History
>>etc
>tfw no gun replics
>>
>>9469245
how did you do the helmet for bandit if you dont mind me asking?
im working on IQ and the helmet has me stumped. i dunno if should just make an am95 helmet from scratch or try to mod a shitty airsoft one.
>>
File: image.jpg (870KB, 2448x2362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
870KB, 2448x2362px
>>9469262
I bought an air soft helmet and earmuffs. Sometime this week I'll glue and paint them to look flush.

If I have time I'll ask empty out a car battery and get some pipes for his Shock Wire.
>>
>>9469245
Well, the con happens on Thursday too so you guys can pick up your badges early too.

Water Park, Six Flags, there's a Pho restaraunt nearby. If you need a sherpa, I can gladly show you guys around; I'm >>9468664 for reference.

Counter Strike cosplay looks fun.

>>9469192
You should be able to juke it, they wern't checking for badges through the backyard because of the high number of con goers.
>>
>>9469399
>Six Flags
You mean Cedar Point.
>>
>>9469417
Roller Coaster Tycoon land
>>
>>9469399
Thanks. I'm trying to budget everything, and I'm not expecting to go on any water slides for the most part so I don't see the point in buying a $75 dollar pass (in case the cheap ones sell out) just to dip my feet in the pool.
>>
>>9469770
Get the Friday night or Saturday night water park pass. It's sold in Con Ops. It's $15 and gives you the chance to enjoy the water park both nights. Just grab one early.
>>
Anyone have any housing recommendations or openings for three cute people?

We are down for bantz and alcohol, and two out of the three of us are pretty attractive.

Doing swimsuit megara and Hercules
>>
>>9470017
>It's $15 and gives you the chance to enjoy the water park both nights.
It's actually 15$ each night- doesn't work for both nights.

But yeah, seconding this. The Fri and Sat night events are con people only, so the waterpark is bound to be less crowded, especially when the kiddos there with parents start heading to bed.

Passes go on sale around 9pm outside the main waterpark entrance, and are sold all day at Con Ops, but iirc it's a first come+first serve event. No idea if it actually hits cap though, lol.

>>9470017
By cheap ones you mean the 35$ ones at Con Ops? Honestly Saturday is really the only day they tend to sell out fast, and Friday cuts kinda close. Just get to Con Ops early or have an earlybird friend get one for you.

I can't count how many times I've witnessed people who got the spectator pass decide they wanna try the slides and pools once they get in the waterpark and see them in person lol.

>>9470033
Have you tried in the Colossalcon room and ride share FB group yet?
>>
>>9470062
Or you can just swap watermark wristbands off someone who has a room already, and swap badges so yiu dint have to pay for the con. Saves a lot if money that way
>>
>>9470062
I just joined that group, thanks.

Part of me wants other 4chan folks to room with desu. Generally a good crowd.
>>
>>9470241

Contact me at woolrecords.gmail. Anything we can do to get our room price down <3
>>
File: 1429077376495.png (16KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
1429077376495.png
16KB, 250x391px
>>9470305
Why not just go to room parties and look like everyone else, my man.

Never seen someone try to get a hook up on 4chan before lmfao
>>
>>9470382
>hookup on 4chan
>implying this isn't an organ dealer looking to steal someone's kidneys
You have much to learn, anon
>>
File: IMG_6734.jpg (56KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6734.jpg
56KB, 425x425px
>>9470241
Yeah but I mean it's not always a good idea to room with 4channers.

>>9470305
Christ mate.
>>
File: 8SRKhLM.gif (397KB, 820x1350px) Image search: [Google]
8SRKhLM.gif
397KB, 820x1350px
Is anyone camping for this? I've always had someone for doing hotel shit but this was the first time it was my idea, and we are shit out of a reasonably priced room.
>>
>>9470305
>wearing the same clothes for three days in the summer
>>
>>9470726
>he deleted his post in embarrassment

kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHCYHldJi_g

3 weeks desu.
>>
Is there a video anywhere of the previous cosplay contests? I want to see how I did as Johnny last year.
>>
>>9464854
Change in plans no Zooey for Colossal. I'm excited to see your group cos though!!
Oliva(pokemon) is my current cosplay plan for Saturday afternoon, I hope it comes out well.
>>
File: goodluckwiththat.jpg (182KB, 505x344px) Image search: [Google]
goodluckwiththat.jpg
182KB, 505x344px
I...okay.
>>
>>9473497
>paying for any type of item for my birthday
"I have trust issues and don't want to talk to strangers but if I give you money please buy me something for my birthday".
>>
>>9473497
>>9473568
Just looked at the thread and it seems like her list isn't what she's giving to the people she's rooming with, she's just, for whatever reason, listing her personal expenses as if people are supposed to care or something.

Idk she seems like she might be mentally handicapped, but she's also being really fucking bossy...
>>
File: IMG_6585.jpg (31KB, 492x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6585.jpg
31KB, 492x463px
>>9473497
>I have trust issues with people I don't know
>Asking for a room.

This is how con room drama happens. Between this, and the post about the chick who was room hopping between two Kalahari rooms + needing a ride from somewhere else, I really wonder if cosplayers have their shit together.

There was also another post where the co founder of Pixel Vixen was asking for a ride from Cleveland, and that by itself was surreal to me.
>>
File: excited.jpg (283KB, 1352x598px) Image search: [Google]
excited.jpg
283KB, 1352x598px
Pretty good! I am sticking to swimsuit only cosplays pretty much, last year I brought full costumes and I felt so overdressed outside. The "costumes" I am wearing are basically just themed swimsuits with some props. So much fun!

>Where are you staying?
The Kalahari

The chill atmosphere. It's unlike any con around here, well, Yeticon is catching up, but Colossal is such a vacation con.

A lot of dragon maid.

>Events
I love the garage sale! Even with my Canadian funnymoney I still found some great deals last year.

>Photoshoots
Overwatch and JoJo are must-sees for me.

>Panels
I went through the panel list and I'm impressed again. There's some great panel ideas and I really can't wait for June!
>>
>>9474238
That's a very...diverse lineup. I want a picture with you when you're knuckles
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (56KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
56KB, 600x800px
>>9474238
>putting knuckles at the end

Subtle
>>
File: 20170512_074947.png (164KB, 1439x702px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_074947.png
164KB, 1439x702px
>>9473497
Her second post is far worse lol
>2017
>not havng a bank account
>>
>>9474731

Hopefully she just doesn't end up going

She needs a few more years in retard school before she can go to an anime convention, which says a lot
>>
>>9474731
I told her to word that shit better, and her response was 'refresh it' and nothing got fixed. But fucking seriously, everyone else who was more patient with her told her 'why not just say you're willing to offer 200 dollars for rooming space'. Didn't see what happened after that, but that's pretty nuts.

>>9474238
Hey, are you the chick who was doing Swimsuit Zangief and Swimsuit Ana? That's pretty nuts you were able to find long enough boots to fit Zangief.
>>
Who would be interested in a cgl meetup?
>>
>>9476443
Les do it!
>>
File: CwHNQ_PXYAQmgVG.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CwHNQ_PXYAQmgVG.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>9476794
>so deperate he posts hook up requests on 4chan of all places

Yikes
>>
>>9476443
I'd be down. I remember at ohayo some girl recognized me and I was so confused that I had been identified by someone who posts on this website lol. Was a weird experience
>>
>>9476443
As always, will be there~
>>
>>9476970

Caring about another opinion on an anonymous Mongolian BBQ forum...

Either way. I get what i want and that's the end of it.

So who's in for the cgl meetup too?
>>
File: IMG_4096.jpg (249KB, 738x1232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4096.jpg
249KB, 738x1232px
Latest guest announcement.
>>
>>9469399
Damn I forgot about the Pho place! Shits awesome.
>>
>>9473497
Wait is she asking strangers to buy her birthday gifts?
>>
>>9474731
Doesn't she also want to lead a JFashion walk?
>>
>>9476443
Super excited for it as always!
>>
>>9474647
i like video games lol
>>9474673
i didn't plan for this, but i'll accept it
>>9475417
yeah that's me, it just took a bit of searching on amazon but i found them! i'm excited to get all scarred up. i hope the weather is nice all four days as well!
>>
>>9478004
My buddy made a joke about how 'wouldn't it be awesome if the weather sucked that weekend' and I just looked at him and told him to go read a bible. Don't bring that devilry on me.

>>9477758
I love that so few con goers besides the asian ones notice it. Makes it a peaceful eating experience.

>>9476443
EHHHH, I WOULD SAY YES.

But the issue with /cgl/ meet ups is that it's usually like cross boarders from /r9k/ who try to come and hook up with cosplay girls. Like sometimes they really are fun, but I mean that was back when shit posting was a regular thing and when there wasn't this air of SJW piss babies around. Now I've noticed that most modern day cosplayers hate when the opposite sex talk to them, so... I mean sure organize the meet up but I'm curious about the results.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_160504.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_160504.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
I'm ready for for swim up bar.
>>
>>9477508
NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>9476443
I want to get pictures with IQ!
>>
>>9478357
The past two years have been great fun. Go with an attitude like that and of course you'll have a bad time. The majority of the people I've met at them have been lovely. Much better than my "local" cgl meets.
>>
>>9478466

Who is the blonde character?
>>
>>9479225
Alright, I can respect that kind of positivity.
>>
>>9478357
You sound like someone who has been rejected a lot by cosplay girls. /cgl/ meets skew male because most of the time there is goal that meet will turn into party at some point.
>>
>>9478357
Dude seriously. There are 25k people at this convention. To box all of them in one and then be afraid to try and party with a girl.... Man...

I'm with anon, this is a time to go have fun and have a fucking blast. And hook up with some HOTTIES in costume!
>>
Can't wait to be back in action as tumblr-tan.
>>
>>9443357
>Predictions?
Expect the same amount of Overwatch, but now throw in a bunch of Maid Dragon and P5
>>
>>9480956

fat genji galoooooore
>>
>>9481116
Nah. More like fat Meis and 76
>>
>>9478466
Para, you gonna be so kawaii. Wish I could see you there...
>>
I heard hotel impossible was supposed to do an episode at maui sands, what ever happened with that? is it still full of roaches?
>>
>>9477508
Can't wait to hear how many underage girls in bikinis he hits on
>>
>>9464171
Karin Kanzuki (Street Fighter)
Marle (Chrono Trigger)
Liz (Soul Eater)
Flannery (Pokemon)
>>
>>9483434
Karin? Nice
>>
File: 1209701.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1209701.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
Be completely honest.
Would you judge someone if they had their self harm scars showing in a cosplay?
I'm cosplaying said character. I'm going to be covering up the best I can with makeup but I'm so afraid of people judging me.
>>
>>9484284
Yes, but any assumptions I might make would be quickly replaced with new information after interacting with you.
>>
>>9484284
As someone else with "emo kid tiger stripes" from well over a decade ago, you shouldn't worry about it. Most people won't judge you, and those who do don't matter.
>>
>>9484284
Uh, you do realize how common that is? Literally that is on my weeb bingo list
>>
>>9484284
See you at the idolmaster meetup!
>>
>>9484453
There's an im@s meet up??
I haven't decided on all of my plans for the weekend yet and was debating bringing Takane along. What day is the meet up (s)?
>>
>>9484284
I'm lucky enough that mine are fair enough and are only on my inner arm so they're not obvious, but unlucky enough that in the summer they stick out more/are more obvious. But honestly? Not to generalize but there's so many people already who have mental illnesses/know of self harm survivors, ESPECIALLY in the cosplay community that they know not to judge harshly or ask invasive questions. Also, not to sound like a total cunt, but they're just scars, it's not like they're fresh wounds and you're cutting in your hotel room lol

Just go and have fun, look cute, and if anyone gives you any shit remind them you know exactly how to cut a bitch.
>>
>>9484695
>remind them you know exactly how to cut a bitch.

Ahaha anon I love you.
>>
My plans just got extended and I'll actually be there on Thursday instead of arriving that night. Any photographers that are going that can do Thursday shoots?
>>
good, everything is just about done. I may actually be able to relax the week before.
yes and sort of. I'm the 76 of an Overwatch swim group saturday. the sort of is friday's Jaune Arc. a friend of a friend just happened to be doing Ruby that day. we did not plan on it but it sort of just happened.
>Where are you staying?
Great Wolf
one of the guests publicly dised my historical reenactment organization. so some of us who are going to be there are planning to show up to his panels like "aye we heard you was talking shit about us."
Overwatch, Love Live, Zelda, if I had to guess we may see a little bit of Destiny, but that's just a hunch.
>Events
formal dance, photoshoots, not really sure, this is my first year.
>Photoshoots
yes, both Overwatch shoots, both RWBY shoots, going to try to make the Voltron and Zelda ones, but not sure.
>>
>>9484452
Colossalhunk reporting in.

I'm in for a bingo game.

Please list your ten categories and I'll try to get pics of each one and post em back here!
>>
>>9471310
Never deleted anything. Try not reporting my posts then turn around and talk shit?

Wanna meet up at the con!?!

We can chat. Or r u a keyboard warrior?
>>
>>9484940
I am not that dude ... but by chat do you mean not show up and talk about how hard you would have owned that dude like every other person who calls out keyboard warriors acting like they are going to beat someone's ass?
>>
This will be my first year, any protips?
Also how is the Lolita community there?
>>
>>9485443
- If you're at the Kalahari, arrive early, park and don't move your car. You will lose your spot.

- You can grab snacks and bring them with you. There's lots to eat at the Kalahari but it's a little pricey if you just need a small snack. They don't like outside food being brought in. There's a Walmart down the road or you can just bring your own stuff and keep it in the hotel. Otherwise, I recommend bringing snack bars or something.

- There will be people walking around carrying drinks all day every day. They serve alcohol in the actual con area after a certain hour. I've walked around in lolita late there and never had any instances of people dropping alcohol on me but be aware of your surroundings.

- If you're able, and like amusement parks and roller coasters, take time to visit Cedar Point. It's about 10 minutes away from the convention. I usually plan a day to go before or after the con.

- Take some time to explore all the areas of the Kalahari, outdoors and indoors. There's a lot of things to do there outside the convention.

There's a variety of lolitas that are there from different communities. The Ohio comm is there, but also Michigan and other surrounding states. There's a range of experience levels, but everyone is nice and pretty accepting and friendly. There's some lolita events going on like the tea party and fashion show and some panels.
>>
Seriously feeling the pressure right now. Basically a week to go and my sewing machine is on the fritz. Just feeling panicked because I haven't been able to put it on and do a fitting yet. I should be able to get everything done though.
Putting together a Magikarp gijinka, otherwise bringing a few old costumes.
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari, in a suite this time!
Drinking all weekend long. Jacuzzi bar for sure..NEW WATER SLIDES!
Overwatch, LL, bathing suit versions of everything,the usual.
>Events
Otaku arts and crafts fair and the flee market. Vending at both.
>Photoshoots
For sure, private shoots and the Pokemon shoot.
>Panels
Probably not.
>etc
It's been while since I've been to a con, pretty excited to be working on cosplay again and maybe make some new friends in the area!
>>
>>9485719
Saw your progress pics for magikarp on fb and it looks pretty good.
>>
>>9485685
Thanks! Especially about the snacks. I probably won't do the tea but I am considering the fashion show and maybe some pannels since my friends I will be with are cosplayers
>>
File: me.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>9484940
>10 days later

You'll see me, m8 (>>9464567)

Hopefully you aren't some thirsty ass weirdo who chases away cute women. Because that's how I imagine people asking for hookups on 4chan of all places lmao
>>
>>9486223
Also wasn't me reporting your posts. Reporting is for lames
>>
>>9483434
I was Karin last year and a friend spilled crap all over my wig with an hour until a shoot.

Just a reminder to keep your things in better places
>>
>>9485814
Thanks anon, I appreciate it! Going over to a friends house now to hopefully finish everything. Still no zipper in the dress though. I hate zippers.
>>
>>9486223

What's your back routine?
>>
>>9463664

Breaking News: It's been dead since they let 4ng3l in
>>
>>9485685
I've had a drink spilled on me a few years back, but it was by a friend who overfilled her goblet with booze from the room. Fortunately my cosplay didn't get ruined (dark fabric). I'm glad they got the tall goblets which are easier for drunks to handle. The classic bowls are really wobbly and top heavy.

Just keep an eye out, especially after sunset Fri+Sat, and steer clear of people with the big drinks if you're concerned. If you see anyone who is dangerously trashed, please do bring it to the attention of security because despite the con's comparatively lax rules about drinks on the con floor, they don't like people who are horribly trashed wandering around because they cause problems.

>first time working security
>get on shift, greet my supervisor as he's dealing with a guy laying in his own vomit by the big stairs
>3am: "Hey Anon, can you sit in AA? Last year 2 drunk guys in orange polos came through and trashed the displays."
>4am before the con started closing the halls after hours and some guy is sitting on the couch staring at the floor
>next time I pass by he has a pool of aquamarine blue at his feet
>another guy keeps bringing hotel ice buckets full of beer and forgetting them on empty tables
>another guy with a Toy Story tattoo walks into the women's bathroom and shouts "Wanna see my 12inch Woody?"
>the following year a guy in a condom skirt has to be escorted away from the con via cop because he harassed a woman
>he can't even keep himself upright while leaning against the wall in the security office
>Thurs that year another drunk guy was throwing roundhouse kicks in the air outside of the rave and jokingly threatening hotel staff
>Sun, some guy is being belligerent and decks a security guy trying to get him under control

So yeah, horribly trashed people at the con is a liability lmao. Fortunately they're rare because most keep to their room parties.
>>
>>9486223
Kick ass back bro. Weight, height, routine?
>>
>>9487023
What year was this?
>>
>>9486480
I pretty much just do bench squat Deadlift and seated rows

>>9487042
190 6'0
>>
>>9487153
Great results man. Looks good.
>>
>>9487153

It must be your diet then
>>
>>9487126
Multiple. The con doesn't get -that- many problems in a single year lmao.

Vomit pillow, Woody tattoo, aqua puke, and beer bucket were all 2012 which was also the final year the halls remained open past con closing hours. AA wrecking guys was one of the previous years.

Condom skirt and roundhouse kick were 2013. I think punch guy happened that year but it may have been 2014.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495393813778.jpg (86KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495393813778.jpg
86KB, 1280x960px
>>9487199
My diet is pretty wishy washy.

It's the weekend alcohol that gets me lol
>>
am I missing it or is the toonami panel not on the schedule?
>>
File: Colossalcon17 guarantees.png (543KB, 1186x358px) Image search: [Google]
Colossalcon17 guarantees.png
543KB, 1186x358px
>>9487357

Do you ever go on a deliberate cut or is your level of activity just that high? I'm pretty big and strong but I've had to cut out sugar and lower calories for this emergency pre-con cut

Here's my hastily edited lineup
>>
>>9487400
>another funky kong cosplayer

Yooo!

I diet on weekdays to make up for my poor weekend dietary decisions.
>>
>>9487238
ahhh okay before my time staffing ... was going to say the last 2 years there have been almost no real problems at least nothing all that interesting.
>>
>>9476443

Sure if it actually happens. Last year I waited at the bar for a good 40 minutes before everyone showed up, in which they then left me there.
>>
>>9478357

And this is /cgl/ 4chan only.

For real though if we are doing a meet up we need to decide now.

I vote Saturday at 8 in front of the Candy Hut.
>>
>>9487726
Lol yeah, I think the 2012 stuff was largely invited by the fact that the halls were even open that late at night. Despite the crowds and the shit it's gotten on /cgl/ for being a "party con" and having a lot of drinking, Colossal is exceptionally well behaved.

At least- from our standpoint. Hotel security probably has had some fun experiences dealing with rooms.
>>
>>9487699

I'm so excited about my Funky Kong.

I've been dieting every day, cutting out alcohol, sugar and lowering calories
>>
>>9464567

What day are you cosplaying Funky Kong? We should Funk the hell out that same day. I even bought a pair of swimming trunks and cut them up just like the jeans for the waterpark
>>
>>9487396
I don't see anything Toonami on there, I don't think they have it.
>>
Can you fuckers please stay out of my shitty city. We already have the tourists for Cedar Point that can't drive clogging up the streets. The tourism does nothing but provide a bunch of shit low wage jobs so don't give me that shit that it helps the city.
>>
I'm looking to get REALLY fucked up at the rave
Is this possible?
>>
>>9464567
>Nig cosplaying a monkey
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>9488067
Settle down with calling Sandusky a city friend.
>>
File: 297.png.jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
297.png.jpg
47KB, 800x450px
>>9488067
Move then? Every year, you're in there bitching. How about moving to a non-tourist area, like 5 miles away.
>>
File: received_10213211242779629.jpg (37KB, 750x639px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213211242779629.jpg
37KB, 750x639px
>>9488184
Kek. He's a gorilla, m8.

It'd be nice if you would tell me that IRL, though. I wont be angry but I
do get disappointed over the fact there's people on the internet who talk that way but only when they can do it anonymously.

>>9487924
I thinking I'm going to do Kukui Thursday, Funky Kong friday, and Old Spice Guy on saturday
>>
>>9488269
Nice.

I'll see about which days I'm cosplaying what
>>
File: received_10211659782983766.jpg (90KB, 1000x988px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211659782983766.jpg
90KB, 1000x988px
>>9488299
Hahaha. You're so cute, my man :) that's cool that you think that

>>9488297
Are you going thursday as well
>>
>>9488308

I am indeed going Thursday through Sunday. Thinking of maybe getting a fourth cosplay; maybe my Garterbelt
>>
>>9487396
Momocon is the only con to have a legit toonami panel with actual Adult Swim staff because it's in Georgia where they're based. If you see any at any other cons i wouldn't bother going because it's probably just going to be random kids running it and talking about how they wish they would air show X or Y

Colossal doesn't have any anyway, and watching anime on cable in 2017 is a waste to begin with
>>
>>9488299
Better a chimp than a skinny pasty ass white faggot kid like you
>>
File: 1065897-00000024.jpg (165KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1065897-00000024.jpg
165KB, 1024x1024px
>>9488376
Don't give him such a hard time. He's probably some guy who had a bad upbringing or maybe went through a bad breakup and had his mind poisoned by /pol/ or /r9k/ lol.

I frequent /pol/ so it's impossible to offend me with elementary insults such as that, so there's no need to come to my defense. Thanks though
>>
>>9488398
Kids on the internet haven't learned talk shit get hit
>>
>>9488354
nah man, colossal has had this toonami adult swim panel for years that made my weekend. literally the best panel I've been to. i've only been able to go twice since it gets capped out and I was planning on getting in line way early this year.

>>9487973
thanks for looking, now I get to be salty and pissed all weekend.

anyone know who did that panel? maybe i can see where they go.
>>
File: armz.jpg (913KB, 850x1275px) Image search: [Google]
armz.jpg
913KB, 850x1275px
>>9488452
*until you're old enough to be charged with assault

Haha
>>
>>9488717
If you're a bitch to go whine to the authorities sure
>>
File: f_f_f_f_funky_kong_by_brinstar.png (279KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
f_f_f_f_funky_kong_by_brinstar.png
279KB, 600x700px
>>9488724
yeah, well I wouldn't leave that up to chance. I like not being banned from colossalcon lmao
>>
>>9487238
I need the stories for these.
>>
>>9488130
pls respond
>>
File: funky_kong_01.png (282KB, 627x428px) Image search: [Google]
funky_kong_01.png
282KB, 627x428px
>>9488851
like on drugs? can't help you there
>>
File: 62781794_p0.png (3MB, 900x1432px) Image search: [Google]
62781794_p0.png
3MB, 900x1432px
>>9488899
Yes.
I'm looking to suck dicks for molly or something.
>>
someone mad at swole carrot cus he just a baby carrot
>>
Jesus christ boys calm down, it's a week until the con and we're already at each other's throats?
>>
>>9489008

I have seven raw throbbing inches for you if you really want some
>>
File: 1065897-00000026.jpg (289KB, 1280x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1065897-00000026.jpg
289KB, 1280x1336px
>>9489398
Ha. I can't wait to mentally check out from responsibilities on friday at 3pm

So excited this will be the best colossal yet
>>
>>9489008
If you'll look like >>9488851 then we got ourselves a deal
>>
File: tumblr_n51czrlOyg1qa94xto1_500.png (312KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n51czrlOyg1qa94xto1_500.png
312KB, 500x414px
>>9489426
Only if there's candy to go along with it.
>>9489958
I'll look like this
>>
File: Elephant_fairy.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Elephant_fairy.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
So cgl meet up really happening? Does it usually turn into partying?
>>
Anyone know how security is about weed? Wondering if my bowl is too conspicuous for the con
>>
>>9491152
Don't do it in populated areas...?
>>
Does anybody have the photoshoot schedule spreadsheet?
>>
>>9491256
It's on the website. everything. on the website.
>>
>>9491152
Hotel security will evict your entire room if they find out you're smoking in your room. Don't do it at the con at all because con security will take action.

Keep it in your car, but be aware of hotel security patrols, or find secluded areas far from the hotel itself to go off and do it, but remember: be aware of your surroundings.
>>
>>9479247
fan design of Marisa from Touhou
>>9489675
This thread is a shitstorm but thank you for shitposting quality ass
>>
>>9491510
I'm hoping someone manages to throw together a good Twintelle by con time haha.
>>
File: tumblr_oq8lfk3p1j1r7j5ugo1_500.jpg (58KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq8lfk3p1j1r7j5ugo1_500.jpg
58KB, 500x477px
>>9491568
A good Twintelle by colossalcon would be impressive but I'm also secretly hoping for one.
As much as I want to cosplay her I don't see myself getting it done until Dragoncon/end of year.
>>
>>9491586
rip little mac, death by b00ty
>>
>>9491586

I wish ARMS came out before Colossal
>>
File: 1494983444323.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494983444323.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
>>9491631

Same, holy shit

Also 7 days hype bitches get ready
>>
>>9492323
Cool pic. You play Guilty Gear? Accent Core or Xrd?
>>
>>9484961
I think it's obvious. Talk shit in person. C'mon meow....

I'm not anonymous on here either.

Colossalhunk Kik

See ya at the con.

Dbz and Captain America cosplay
>>
>>9486223
Hahaha holy shit are you the old spice dude from last year!?!?!

Small world if so. We partied together hahahah.

But yeah. Meet up. Talk shit. Throw bows. Fuck bitches.

I'm down for whatever Playboy!
>>
>>9487357
Haaaa holy fucking shit it is you.

Old spice man.

I am the dude that was talking shit up above:

Colossalhunk kik

We partied last year buddy.

I was little Mac.

Also you definitely aren't 6'0. I am and you were several inches short than me lol.

Looking forward to see you there, for fun or for worse!
>>
>>9488269
Dude. Old spice man.

Kik me we need to chat:

Colossalhunk
>>
File: dumblr.png (653KB, 571x795px) Image search: [Google]
dumblr.png
653KB, 571x795px
>>9492819
I was barefoot the majority of the con and if you were Little Mac you probably had shoes so there's that, haha. I am guilty of rounding up from 5'11 though since I'm a fraction taller than that lol.

Damn I wish I remembered you but odds are I was toasted if I was already out partying. Been doing better with not going as nuts at previous cons so hopefully I remember this time
>>
>>9492827
Sweet my man. U got a cell or Kik or something?
I fly solo to these and always find ppl to party with. We were both fucked up but I was more stoned than drunk so I remember most of it.

We walked around telling ppl to go to the raves haha.

I guess 511 makes sense bc I had shoes on and I don't think u did.
>>
>>9492810
>>9492827
>>9492829
Kek you lot sound like a riot. Just what the fuck kind of con is colossal?
>>
>>9492841
Well thanks!!! I am a riot.

Colossal is basically a comic Con at a waterpark.

Main difference is the atmosphere. This con is for partying, drinking, swimming, cosplaying sexy and lude stuff.

Basically a big party con with a comicon/videogame/anime themes.

It's my once a year splurge.

Pull out a few grand cash, grab some great weed, get fucked up all weekend, party, have fun, and finally have sex with ridiculously cute cosplay ladies.

#goat

Hmu if u wanna chill. I'm a good time.

Kik: Colossalhunk
>>
>>9492841
Mostly a party con that has the 2nd largest indoor waterpark in America. IMO it's the weakest con in terms of anime stuff. But the game room and dealer's room are amazing.

>>9492829
Nah, don't have a kik, but we'll see each other.

Weird how we were telling people to go to the rave because I remember not liking the music they were playing lol.
>>
>>9492796

As a matter of fact, I do, and I am also the other Funky Kong. I will bring my stick and we can play at the con
>>
>>9492966
Oh cool. which one? I only know accent core lol
>>
>>9492857
Neither of us liked the music. It sucked.

But we were walking around before it just telling ppl to go to hype it up.
>>
>>9492972

Xrd Revelator 2, which releases tomorrow. I have Revelator one, and will get the patch tomorrow. THere'll probably be a setup with the game there though
>>
>>9493020
>>9492857

The rave always sucks unless you're intoxicated

I'd go if they played loud house music more. Nightcore is so boring and derivative
>>
>>9493042
We were both pretty intoxicated haha.

I think every time we went they were playing some Happy Hardcore bullshit. The stuff that's like 200bpm and has squely anime voices
>>
>>9493051

I was there once on Thursday, made out with a girl, danced for ten minutes and then went to the game room

It's honestly just boring lol
>>
>>9486223
Are you also planning on hitting up Colossal East? Feel like doing Ralf or Clark from KoF?

>>9492323
>>9492796
Baiken best GG girl

>>9493037
>Xrd Revelator 2
I'm so hype. Honestly I haven't even played any GG past the PS2 releases.
>>
>>9493054

Xrd Rev is really great

I hope Rev 2 is there
>>
>>9493042
Did you notice how much money I said I grab for weed for this event lol?!?

I'm fucking stoned as shit Wednesday thru Sunday. Only way to do it!
>>
I'm excited for colossalcon but being in this thread I can already almost smell the sad, musty BO stench of the rave and the convention hallway areas on saturday night
>>
This is going to be my first ever Colossalcon :D
>>
>>9493204
How? No more than 5 or 6 people have been posting in this thread for the past few days.
>>
>>9493149

That's always a dangerous game to play bud
>>
>>9493072
There's no excuse not to, it's out in Japan and will be out in the rest of the world tomorrow
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 720x447px
I kinda want to get physical copies of Persona 3 and 4 just to get them signed, but I've only ever played the digital version of P4. Is there anything wrong in that if I'm still interested in the series?
>>
>>9493261
Be careful as in how?

I stay off site, I only bring a blunt or two with me to the Kalahari. My weight stays far away from the con.

I have had to eat them before (back in highschool) I can do it again worst case...

Shit last year I literally smoked next to the mystery machine and main entrance lol. Not a word was said.
>>
>>9493227
Apparently you have never had a long sex session. Because it smells the exact same way, sweat and juices.

Yum.
>>
>>9494060
Only places where smell was a problem for me was the rave and the tournament room
>>
>>9494080
Which the rave makes total sense....
>>
>>9493862
How would anyone know, lol?

Don't let militant gatekeeper mentality get to you this much, Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 750x1334px
Working on an Okuu cosplay, painting the eye right now. Still have quite a lot left but it's not too hard so im confident
>>
>>9494987
Good luck. I fucking love Utsuho
>>
>>9495135
Thanks! It's nice to find more people who like her, she's under appreciated desu
>>
Currently drunk can't wait to go in with whoever I see! I'm actually going Wednesday too!

>>9495135
Damn we even got the same favorite touhou
>>
>>9496667
lol desu my true favorite is Yukari
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 750x1010px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 750x1010px
>>9494987
Update: excuse the mess, I get like that when I work on my costumes.
Is anyone else going to the touhou shoot? If so, who are you cosplaying?
>>
>>9497204

Looks sick!

Wish I had time to throw together a Yuugi cosplay
>>
I'm hoping Amazon doesn't fail me with delivering my extra battery packs and SD cards. This will be my fist con taking pictures. And since I'm not a fancy pants 'professional' photographer I couldn't get a fancy badge.
>>
The weather doesn't seem very good

Why rain whyyyyy
>>
I also heard it's going to pour rain too during the con. Is the waterpark cosplay pool party happening for sure?
>>
>>9497277
>>9497297
It's Ohio, the forecast changes on the hour.
>>
>>9497301
This. I live in Cleveland and yesterday and today I checked the forecast in the morning. It was predicting thunder storms both days and I haven't seen a single cloud yet
>>
>>9497530
You got some storms but they're scattered
>>
>>9490135

You made this same offer in the last Katsucon thread too didn't you? And I responded saying I had some but nothing came of it. 2nd time's the charm.

I have the candy you're looking for, straight from the finest Dutch candy shops. But only if you're ready to work for it.

kik: Star_Cecil
>>
>>9497277
>>9497297
>>9497301
>>9497530
Live radars are way better than weather reports. It does look like there's probably going to be a huge clusterfuck of storms that weekend though, but who knows, maybe they'll break up or pass by sooner. Don't worry about it too much for now and just check back in a couple days.
>>
>>9497571
The lake effect is really strong up their. Unless the forcast is a day or two before it will probably change.
>>
>>9497571
Ohio weather, best weather
>>
I know the day passes for the waterpark at the con rate of $35 are limited, and there's only going to be 400 sold each day before you must buy them at the Kalahari price. However, is there a limit on the $15 after-hours passes? I'm not sure if I need to be lining up super early to buy an after-hours pass or not.
>>
>>9497277
It's okay Anon, there's a 25% chance for sun, 25% chance of tornadic activity, 25% light rain and 25% blizzard. It's ohio. It doesn't know wtf it's doing.
>>
Hello friends, am going, will be Luffy
>>
>>9497773
so what i heard is that if its too busy they will cap attendance, and people will have to line up to get in. apparently there were a couple hundred people lined up about half an hour after it opened waiting to get in, because it was at max capacity. "the line was around the building". Im going saturday night, I expect friday will be the busiest
>>
File: IMG_4421.jpg (106KB, 750x932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4421.jpg
106KB, 750x932px
Current weather forecast
>>
>>9443357
They're done

>>Where are you staying?
Kalahari

Swimming, NEW WATER SLIDES APPARENTLY, and cosplaying!

Last minute Arms, BotW cosplay, random bikinis + wigs = cosplays

>>Events
running the In Character Contest and Judging masq again. Can't wait to see all the performers and entries~

>>Photoshoots
Got one scheduled for Travis Touchdown, hopefully a couple more for Johnny and Urien

>>Panels
Nope. Willing to take suggestions

>>etc
Super hype to hang with peoples. Down to meet up or socialize if you see me around or hit me up on social medias :>
>>
>>9499253
Just watch, even though it's in September in the mountains, Colossal East will be 80 degrees and sunny all weekend.
>>
>>9499284
Question about the in character contest. I've never been to one but I feel like it's really cringe worthy. Like I imagine a bunch of weebs doing stupid shit and embarrassing themselves? Is it as bad as I think or are there some really good people?
>>
>>9476443
Where and when
>>
File: meh.ro12312.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro12312.png
291KB, 750x366px
>Literally 50 hours left before I leave for Ohio
>Am only halfway done with 1 of 3 costumes
>Trying to work as quickly as possible and therefore making incredibly stupid mistakes and being sloppy
>Realizing way too late I never ordered new contacts
>Want to be excited but am so scared I'll just look like trash

I want to be looking forward to Colossal but at this point I regret so much
>>
>>9497266
They sell photographer passes to anyone who wants one...you can buy one on-site if you'd like!
>>
>>9500176
Just do a great job with one and stop freaking out.
>>
>>9500176
Slow down and prioritize
>>
>>9500194
Could I maybe upgrade on site since I prepaid already?
>>
>>9500360
>>9500519
thanks guys, I'll try to take some deep breaths! I think I'm just extra nervous because it's my first Colossal
>>
>>9500810
You'll probably have a lot of fun popping your colossalcon cherry
>>
File: big_1471692979_image.jpg (165KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
big_1471692979_image.jpg
165KB, 1280x704px
>tfw making last minute makeshift bandana and last minute Prof Kukui hat

low effort cosplays all day every day
>>
>>9500810
Don't stress. Colossalcon is pretty relaxed and a lot of fun!
I really can't wait to meet you, so please come to the cgl meet!! I have chocolate for everyone as usual.
>>
So what the fuck is the story with James Paradise and Jason Karpel? Donnell and his autism crew are having an extra cringy meltdown
>>
>>9501633
>Who
>>
>>9501633
Don't worry about it.

That Jason Paradise guy fucked Donnell's ex Cassie and he's having an autistic meltdown again. At least that what Gibbs told us.

Just like he did when he found out the Matsuricon con-chair was banging Cassy. Being a man child is all he knows how to act.
>>
File: lean.gif (278KB, 250x274px) Image search: [Google]
lean.gif
278KB, 250x274px
Anyone have access to lean at this con? That's the one thing I haven't seen at this con
>>
>>9501704
Boy this isn't ghettocon
>>
>>9501714
This con is whatever you want to be man. Lean is some chill shit. You can do it, feel super relaxed, and not feel like complete shit the next day or need to nurse anything
>>
>>9501717
Keep the hood in the hood
>>
File: sadboys-6743.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
sadboys-6743.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>9501721
>>
File: Funkyunlock.jpg (6KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
Funkyunlock.jpg
6KB, 288x175px
>>9501765
kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpXyJm965oU

>>9501055
update, everything's ready
>>
>>9501784
I still need to finish stuffing my car with copious amounts of bottles.
>>
>>9500992
I hope so!

>>9501135
Thank you for the encouragement!! I can't wait for the meet, do we know what time/day it is?
>>
>>9501877
did you go around selling stuff last year? i have fond memories of a man I only know as "sketchy luigi" who walked around diligently with a camelback, a lot of empty bottles, and presumably the american dream
>>
>>9501135
Am so excited to see you and everyone again!!

>>9501944
I think it's still being decided, we usually at least try to get together Friday and Saturday night, hopefully by Thursday we can make some solid plans! Don't stress too much, Colossal is the most laid-back con and pretty much completely focused on having fun!
>>
>>9501967
Nope. These bottles are to help people in my room to stay hydrated
>>
My first colossal this year. Heading down as soon as i leave work today. Excited.

Is everyones cosplay some swimsuit costume?
>>
File: Symphony No. 765.jpg (71KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Symphony No. 765.jpg
71KB, 500x600px
>>9502071
Thanks so much for all the reassurance, I'm feeling a lot better about everything! I'm so excited for the meet!

>>9502136
All the ones I'm making are swimsuits, but I'm also bringing one non-swimsuit cosplay, pic related
>>
>>9502139
What day are you cosplaying Miki? I'm doing Takane (Forever Star) and would love to grab an im@s selfie.
>>
Wednesday events still aren't posted. Did they forget?
>>
Are the stories of bed bugs in kalahari true?
>>
>>9502348
there are no wednesday events
>>9502374
hm...I never had any problems with bugs so I can't say yes or no
>>
We autosaging

new thread >>9502392

>>9502392

>>9502392

>>9502392

>>9502392
>>
File: 1495981801959.jpg (33KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495981801959.jpg
33KB, 500x480px
Meet up where and when???
>>
File: 20170601_220625.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_220625.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
FIND US!
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.