[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C2E2 - Comic convention and Entertainment Expo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 250x250px
When : April 21st-23rd
Where : Chicago IL
Why : General pop culture con (comics, tv, vidya, Annie may, etc)

Where the gulls at? Going as Quiet from MGS V again this year for one last run of it. No official metal gear meet though :(
>>
>>9441189
Shame there's no MGS meet this year. A friend and myself are going as Snake and Ocelot, but with Hayter and Baker there, I'm sure there will be MGS cosplays everywhere.
>>
File: C2E2-2017lineup.jpg (55KB, 504x193px) Image search: [Google]
C2E2-2017lineup.jpg
55KB, 504x193px
I can't go Friday because of work. I was going to give Cruella one last hurrah but I'm really not looking forward to the literal hour that makeup takes to apply. Or the shoes. Maybe I'll just spend the con in (relatively) comfy, 70s obscurity?
>>
File: IMG_3402.png (1MB, 1165x1344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3402.png
1MB, 1165x1344px
First time going to this con. What should I expect? How much comic/anime/other shit does there seem to be overall? What's the crowd like, etc.?
>>
I'm going for the first time this year as a spur of the moment thing. I can only go on Sunday due to work, but I'm mostly going because Alex Ahad has a table and I've wanted to meet him for SO LONG. Not to mention I'm pretty pumped for JDF and David Yost, my brother and I have been super into Power Rangers for as long as I can remember
>>
>>9443063
I've only been once before last year, but I can say it's got a pretty good mix of everything. The crowds are big, but pretty chill. Didn't experience any memorable weirdos or jerks; actually met some really cool people.

Say Hi to me if you see me. I've got a booth in the small press section and I'll be wearing a Gizmonics Institute jumpsuit.
>>
>>9443246
hell yeah sounds good!
>>
>>9443063
There's the typical big name anime industry guest, but there's way more sponsors for comic book industry. It's like ACEN but better organized and actually have more professionals in their themed panels. Last year, I had to watch the cosplay contest in a separate viewing room with a livestream, so if u want to see it live, you'll have to linecon it for the popular stuff. The artist quality is usually better since you have more Western comic industry artists attending and the base prices for getting a table/booth at the con is high. There's also the fantasy/scifi/comics/WWE guests that attracts more of a general crowd. Note that some artists end up getting booths in the vendor room vs a table in artist alley, so you'll have to wander to find some great artists. The cosplay quality of the contestants in the cosplay contest is really high, and you'll see them wandering around the floor! Honestly, I only go one day and spend most of the time wandering the floor and getting art! Also, you can bring stuff to get signed at an artist's table, there's been some huge lines like for Adam Hughes in the past (I somehow always forget to bring books to get signed).

Hope you have a good time, wear a casual cosplay of something so you can talk with people when you're waiting in line and bring a portable cellphone charger pack for the day. I'll be wearing lolita because I don't cosplay, but I know most lolitas choose to cosplay at this con.
>>
File: 20170422_155445.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_155445.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Took some pictures today. Wanna keep this thread alive.
>>
When I was there on Saturday, I saw lots of regular D.Va's. I don't think I ever saw a gremlin version. There were many more Mercy's than I expected, also.
>>
>>9445061
Is the guy on the left in cosplay? Please tell me that's not his everyday haircut.
>>
File: Snapchat-214712075~2.jpg (801KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-214712075~2.jpg
801KB, 2560x1440px
>>9445355
Was happy to know I was the only Golden Soldier 76 there
>>
What the fuck was with the host for the Champions of Cosplay comp, she would not stop screaming and from the livestream the camera work was fucking terrible. Spent more time looking at the host than at the actual cosplayers - which by the way - looked fucking incredible.
>>
Strange question, does anyone have photos of the green sweater trunks? I think I only seen him yesterday
>>
As a /fit/sci/entist I just came here to say that you sweaty nerds disgust me and I regret that your conference had to be in the same building as mine at the same time

[spoiler]just kidding anons I'm jealous as fuck that I have to sit and listen to talks on lutein instead of comics, have fun [/spoiler]
>>
>>9445381
nice!
was it hard making that outfit? was thinking of doing an alternate colored soldier 76 myself for a future con.
>>
>>9446421
they weren't checking badges at that health/science conference, so a PT friend snuck into a panel
>>
anyone have pics of the roadhog with his big ass crack showing?
>>
I wonder how many coswhores in my country are triggered again, because the crown champion of cosplay is representing our national con but isn't from our country.
Last year our representative also wasn't from our country and got second place iirc, and ppl where mad as fuck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.