[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTAC Anime Con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
So did anyone else go to MTAC today or yesterday in Nashville? This con really has devolved into a total shit show. I really hoped it could be different this year, but its just another failcon. Thoughts?
>>
Avoided it completely when I found out they were still at the Sheraton went 2 years ago and felt like a fucking sardine. I won't be back until they move to a larger venue or shrink down to akaicon size. I love MTAC it was my first con experience and it was a lot of fun but I miss the convention center.

I knew they were in trouble this year when it took them months to sell out the sheraton.

So how bad was it this year? Inaccessible dealer room? Packed hallways?
>>
wow, really? I was really upset that I didn't get into their artist alley. Was it really that bad?
>>
As usual since they cant go to a bigger venue its heavily crowded, a lot of the panels were poorly put on, and they didnt consistently enforce the rule about not lining up earlier than 1 hour for main room events. This con has become less about Anime and Japanese culture and more about getting fucked up with your friends.
>>
Oh and don't get me started on their "electronic dance party". Try to imagine practically one genre for 6 hours and some idiot trying to MC over the entire thing. I tried to stay in there several times but I couldn't handle it. Kept having to leave.
>>
File: IMG_0526.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0526.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
This was pretty bad convention to attend.

This is a picture of a panel for a room that seated 50 and was scheduled to be two hours long titled "Ecchi: Half-Frontal Hentai". Interesting enough to check out when the only other options were "Robin's Rantings", "Ranking the Plot: Best Waifu in Anime", or "Sarah and the Safeword: in concert"..

He started playing soft jazz music and then selecting random folders curated from danbooru or pixiv, he put them on slideshow as he lightly narrated the following catgirls and lewd pictures started to flow through that big screen. There was no welcome or even address to the audience as he started to cycle through the folders, we wondered if he was buying time. But minutes passed and the creeping reality that we just waited 30 minutes to see a dude show off his fap folder started to set in.

Apart from any of the remotely anime panels being filled to capacity essentially 30 mins before the actual room opens due to the line, you first need to account that the shuttle Saturday night takes a 30 minute line to get on.
>>
>>9436983
holy shit
>>
...I am speechless.

It is bad when I enjoyed yamacon better. That fucker almost burned down xD
>>
I guess I'm the only one here who had fun. The con was kinda sucky, but I got to see all my local cos-friends, and I got some kickass elf ears.
>>
MTAC is always a shitshow, but that's why it's good. Can't get laid there with all the underagers everywhere tho
>>
>>9437315
Doesnt stop most of the fucking creeps at that con. Its a sexual assault paradise. bleh.
>>
>>9437324
>in line at the rave
>some fat cunt grabs my booby
>lulz it's ok cuz we're both grills!!!1111one

Die.
>>
>>9436983
That's exactly why I haven't been back since 2015. The venue was overstuffed and I had to wait over an hour to go to Erica Mendez's Kill la kill panel and the other 3 panels I was able to get into that year. Not to mention nearly getting into it with the asshats directing traffic in the hallways. I've had so many problems with the volunteers at mtac and I'm sure it's because there are way to many people to deal with but that's no reason to be a dick to me.especially when entrances and exits are not properly marked.

Well I've complained enough. See you at OMGCON or akaicon
>>
>>9437331
You should have jack slapped her. Fucking twat.
>>
As an MTAC vet, is why is Akaicon better? Never gone, but I always imagined it'd be even weebier.
>>
>>9437331
Chicks like this are the worst part of every con.

Almost all guys know they're not supposed to grope you.
>>
>>9437395
Akaicon is shit tier. The only benefit of it is that the attendance is lower so there is more room to move around.

I wish cons in Middle TN would just start to focus on content more than just being a place for people to party. If I wanted that, I could go to a club.
>>
I've only ever been to MTAC and Akaicon. Anyone have any suggestions for cons in Kentucky or Georgia? I'm wanting to try and go to Momocon this year.
>>
>>9437497
Kentucky doesn't have anything good. Yama-con is good, but sorta unorganized. Hama-con and Kami-con in Alabama are amazing. AWA is ok. Not been to momo, but I always hear good things about it and will be going this year.
>>
>>9437520
Seconding Hama and kami. KamiCon is the best!
>>
Momo is my only other non-MTAC con, and it was great. Felt very professional, huge, tons of content.
>>
>>9437497
I second Yama-con and Momocon.
Yama-con reminds me of a young MTAC.The staff is chill, the attendees are chill, and it is generally a fun weekend. Sometimes schedule wise programming can be a bit disorganized but that gets better each year as they grow. They divide all ages content into one convention center and the 18+ content into their hotel's mini convention space. One of the biggest perks is that its in a giant convention center so there is plenty of room to move around and take photos. You also have a ton of hotels to choose from so prices are lower for the weekend if you shop around.

Momocon is awesome if you like a huge convention that is like Anime Weekend in Atlanta size. The programming is always legit.
>>
>>9437743
>>9437906
>Momocon is huge

You mean the empty hallways, prices for the hotels drop because they can't sell out of rooms and get desperate for sales and money gouge parking that you have to walk from through homeless bums bitching at you the entire way to the venue?

Momocon is so fucking dead you can walk into the main hotel and get a room rate cheaper then reserving early.

Yeah, you can literally smell the samefagging Momocon staff in this thread tryharding.
>>
>>9438075
Its one of the largest conventions in the entire country, anon.
>>
>>9438075
Well first of all you dumb twat you mixed up my two reviews of cons I like. My statement about room to move around and cheap hotel options was about Yamacon. None of the hotels have anything to do with the con since there are shit loads of them due to being a tourist area.

As far as your attacks on momo, those may be valid. I have only gone two years. I sure as hell don't work for them.

So go be butthurt somewhere else.
>>
File: Aqua.jpg (157KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua.jpg
157KB, 960x960px
Post pictures.
I was cosplaying Friday/Saturday and only got to take one picture Sunday after most people were done dressing up.
>>
So I went to the GMX website last night and it says they are "pressing pause" so it seems no GMX last year. That sucks because it was the one I was looking forward to most this year. Maybe that means they are trying to negotiate with a new venue for both cons or maybe they are so fucking disorganized they can't handle it. Now I only have OMG and akai to look forward to this year. I may look into something in Ohio or Georgia for next year
>>
>>9438520

why ya edges so frayed
>>
>>9438632
I was told by one of their upper staff that they ran into logistical and financial issues related to last year and this year. I can assure you MTAC has no plans on moving from their hotel any time soon sadly.
>>
>>9438642
That ain't me. That was the only picture I got to take of someone
>>
>>9438707
Well unless attendance drops in half I'll probably skip mtac again. As much as I love it I like breathing more. Sucks about GMX hope they work it out next year.
>>
Wait, is GMX run by the MTAC company too?
I almost went to MTAC but ended up having to work. I haven't been in years, guess I'm happy I saved the money.

Are they still in the two hotels, or are they just in the Sheraton now?
>>
>>9439465
Arts Cubed is the parent non profit organization that throws both mtac and gmx. There is staff cross over between both cons.
>>
>>9436211
it was an absolute shit show. i really really hate the sheraton and they need to better judge the panels they accept because all the panels were trash.
I generally had a really shit time... gave my first panel though, and was terrified the whole time. i brought a convention virgin with me and he seemingly enjoyed it so I'm trying to get him to come to colossal con with me.
like another anon said, it really IS less about the events and more about getting fucked up with your friends. there was nothing to do so my friends and i just wandered in our kigus and drank like 6 whiskey sours from the bar.
>>
GMX has never not been in the red, and they had a year to fix it, or else it's done for a while. GMX was an interesting idea, but it was started as a wet dream by a man child, so he left it for mommy MTAC to clean up. Maybe MTAC will be better.
>>
What is it that makes GMX do so poorly? Not enough attendees? Poor planning? I was able to go again for the first time in years this year and I loved it. But I usually get lucky with the panels I choose to go to.
>>
I was waiting on the MTAC thread, but I assumed it was too dead to really warrant one this year. I hadn't been to MTAC since they were downtown and I was shocked at the major decline when I attended this year. I had heard stories, but jeez.

>>9440242
I hate that GMX is doing so poorly because the years I went, it was a blast for being so small.

What other cons do you all do around the south? I did Kami-con and it was great. MTAC was terrible. Looking forward to Momocon, Magic City (I guess? My gf wants to go), Anime Blues, Akai and AWA.
>>
>>9442230
I do MTAC, Momo, Yama-con, and AWA. I have popped into Akai but its meh to me.
>>
>>9438075
>Momocon
>empty hallways

You've literally not been to this con in the last 4 years, have you, anon?
>>
This was my 9th MTAC, and while I still enjoy them, I miss some of the panels that use to be held, like the Tokusatsu heroes and actual Gundam one. The panel quality has just really degraded over the past few years.
At this point, I just have more fun sitting in the courtyard and looking at people in cosplay

[spoiler]Have a picture from a previous MTAC, not sure which one[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.