[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 44

File: Annette_pink.jpg (101KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Annette_pink.jpg
101KB, 500x750px
Last thread >>9416907
IW is rereleasing their Annette series again, this time with a new colorway. Thoughts?
>>
>>9423651
Forgot to mention it's going up for reservation on the 28th.
>>
>>9423593
She sent the e-mail asking if it Haenuli would accept a list of people who were eager for Angel of Music's rerelease and if that would help at all.

So she answered her a long e-mail and she posted this cap in the comm.

We were already making a list with over 40 names in our comm that wanted the rerelease, but, since she answered it, I guess it won't be necessary anymore. Yay!
>>
Forgive me /cgl/, but I was browsing lacemarket late at night about a month ago and stumbled upon a print that I cannot recall the name of or find the listing for.
I believe it was meta, and had bunnies in.. perfume bottles? Or something similar. It's haunting me, please help me find this dress cgl.
>>
>>9423688
We need more info, anon. Was it dark or light? JSk or OP? Do you remember if Japanese or Chinese brand? Price? Was the print on the bottom or all over the dress?
>>
>>9423694
I think the colorway I saw it in was white, and the bunnies were more realistic/not cartoony. It was a bottom edge print, pastel/light colors I believe.
>>
File: 6369_original.jpg (1MB, 1473x1048px) Image search: [Google]
6369_original.jpg
1MB, 1473x1048px
>>9423705
More like this?
>>
>>9423686
aww I really feel for her.
My beloved dream St. Vitus was among the lost patterns/files. I heard that around this time when the sewing factory they contracted up and dipped they also had a harddrive with all those older print files crap out on them.

she's basically going to have to redesign so I'm excited to see what this new version will look like. I hope it has a canon new name too
>we can also just start affectionately referring to AoM as "Point of no Return"
>>
>>9423712
>>we can also just start affectionately referring to AoM as "Point of no Return"
Totally doing it!
>>
Where can I find plain white/black lace-topped OTKs? I know I've seen them pop up on secondhand sites occasionally but it'd be much easier to buy ready-stock from some shop somewhere. Damn Bodyline for never restocking theirs.
>>
>>9423724
lolitabutiken has some
>>
>>9423728
Bless you anon, this is just what I needed!
>>
>>9423724
There's this pair on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252222696972?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=551055620577&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I imagine you can find it on aliexpress too if you prefer that. It's alright but might be uncomfortable if your legs are a bit thick.
Otherwise, when in doubt, check out the brands: BTSSB has torchon lace OTKs in black/black, and Meta currently has lace topped knee socks but they'll probably restock their OTKs soon.
>>
>>9423288
AP just loves the word Fancy as much as it loves Melty and Sugary.
>>
>>9423724
eBay has some but the quality is really variable even among items from the same seller. I bought some from this listing and while I don't really rate the quality of the white ones (bit sheer), I honestly think the black ones are superior in stretch and height to my Baby socks and they have really similar lace (tiny bit of sheen in strong light though like a lot of offbrand OTKs). Just remove the nasty ribbon. I can't remember the difference in the colours but I remember that I ordered three pairs and two were so thigh-high it wouldn't show under normal lolita, and one was more OTK.

The AP OTKs are superior in stretch/weight/lace but these are really almost identical to BtSSB ones and I'd honestly recommend them.
>>
>>9423778
dropped link to listing:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ribbon-Lace-Top-Stockings-Thigh-Highs-Over-Knee-Lolita-Socks-Girls-Cosplay-/131683016537

Forgot to say that the white are WHITE white and won't match 99% of lolita (whiter than Baby and AP's offwhite) but the black are pretty great IMO.
>>
Can anyone suggest some indie brands that take custom orders? I can only think of Lady Sloth and Ergi(?). I'm looking to commission a jacket.

I'm a eurofag, so I'd rather avoid US brands due to shipping and customs fees. And from what I've heard F+F are hit or miss, when it comes to custom orders.
>>
>>9423792
Are the Vietnamese brands like Bunny House still operating? One of them might do it and they usually mark down.
>>
>>9423801
My first thought was The Floral Notebook. But their Facebook page seems dead. I completely forgot about Bunny House, to be honest. Thanks anon, I'll drop them an email!
>>
>>9423812
My first thought was The Floral Notebook too because I love what I have from them, but they've been inactive a while because the owner's working as a lawyer AFAIK. I have friends who like their stuff from Bunny House so they're probably worth giving a go.
>>
>>9423816
I had wondered what had happened to her. I hope she returns one day. I love her blouses.
>>
>>9423724
IW just had a winter sale with some for cheap, there's some available on meta's site right now, and baby might have some.
>>
File: 17_3_20_O123_1.jpg (32KB, 426x639px) Image search: [Google]
17_3_20_O123_1.jpg
32KB, 426x639px
What is the intended look of these style of cutsews? These kind of old school btssb hoodie with a shitton of lace. I can't seem to find any pics worn, even in that imgur album of 2.5k old school images.
>>
>>9423738
I've seen these floating around aliexpress but with no picture reviews. I feel like the lace would sit awkwardly when worn. Do you have experience with them? Would you mind posting worn pictures if you do?

>>9423778
The white-white would actually be useful. I had ordered a completely different pair of otks a while ago but when they arrived they were distinctly off-white, almost ivory. Thanks for the review anon, this is highly helpful! As I told the anon above, I'm a bit worried about the way the lace would sit, would you mind posting worn pictures?

>>9423864
The former two don't have any but I didn't even think to check Baby.
>>
>>9423724
AP USA has a bunch in stock.
>>
>>9424051
Worn with a skirt in a casual coord, or wear them with casual clothes. I've seen them in coords before but I can't remember where - maybe ask in the oldschool thread?

I do wonder because there are always dozens of listings for them on Japanese auctions/second-hand sites at any given time, yet you barely ever see them worn. Always feel tempted even though I don't actually like the design because some are super cheap.

>>9424095
Maybe tomorrow evening, I'd have to take fresh pictures against a neutral background since my comm doesn't like seagulls. I've been meaning to do a blog/comparison post on lace-topped OTKs for ages.
>>
>>9424051

Wouldn't you wear them like any normal hooded cutsews?

Pic not oldschool, but has a lot of detailing.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 192x256px
>>9424051
>>9424112

This one is a hooded cutsew OP, but more similar in cutt to what you posted.
>>
File: alltogehther.jpg (3MB, 3646x2742px) Image search: [Google]
alltogehther.jpg
3MB, 3646x2742px
>>9424095
>>9424111
Actually fuck it, have some crappy comparison pictures because who knows when I'm going to have time to get worn ones. Both the AP and BtSSB socks were labelled OTKs on their website, but the BtSSB OTKs barely go past my knee, and I'm 5'3" with short legs. I think you'd have to buy their extra-high OTKs (sold out when I bought mine) to get anything that'd comfortably go OTK on a non-petite girl. That's why I like the bit of extra length the eBay ones have.
>>
File: blacklacecloseup.jpg (1MB, 3432x1868px) Image search: [Google]
blacklacecloseup.jpg
1MB, 3432x1868px
>>9424140
BtSSB and eBay black OTKs have virtually identical lace, but eBay sock fabric is slightly sheenier when worn (guessing it's poly-cotton and the BtSSB ones are pure cotton).
>>
File: bwhitelacecloseup.jpg (3MB, 3927x1870px) Image search: [Google]
bwhitelacecloseup.jpg
3MB, 3927x1870px
>>9424143
eBay and AP are very different, the AP lace is heavier weight and lies flat comfortably rather than scrunching up. AP white is pretty close to a true white but eBay white is whiter (looks cheap/out-of-place IMO). Ignore horrible-quality ribbons, haven't removed them since I haven't worn these eBay ones yet.
>>
File: owhitelacecloseup.jpg (3MB, 4160x1990px) Image search: [Google]
owhitelacecloseup.jpg
3MB, 4160x1990px
>>9424146
eBay vs BtSSB sort of showing the difference in whiteness. eBay white OTKs are also a bit see-through IMO, as they're thinner. BtSSB lace is a bit screwed up from being washed, since I don't have spray starch. Would recommend the white eBay OTKs as a second pair if you have a brand pair already, but IMO they look noticeably cheaper close up. Both have cotton lace but the eBay one is slightly wider gauge/thinner thread I think.
>>
File: IMG_1151.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1151.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>9424051
Just went through old livejournals the other day. Those were simpler times.
>>
>>9422811
Dumb question, but who runs the AP Candy accounts? Are they just for social media hype?
>>
>>9424161
Harajuku store manager
>>
>>9423688
Meta's flower bottle jsk?
>>
>>9423651
I own the original release in green and am thinking about getting the new one in red, mostly because they now offer a size L. Hoping that a bigger size might look more flattering in the bust area for me, but who knows, it's boobie-hating IW.
I'm still torn when it comes to the design changes, though...the new one looks a bit cheaper? Parts that used to be embroidered are now printed and the apron is white on the backside now and the material looks a bit thinner, but it's hard to tell just from pictures. I'm neutral on the new lace as it is pretty, but I also enjoyed the more country feeling the old lace gave me. Choices.
>>
>>9424095
https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/product/detail/11713
>>
>>9424140
>>9424143
>>9424146

Not the anon who requested the comparisons, but these are pretty informative to look at. Thank you, anon.
>>
Man, I wanted this dress so bad in 2010, but now it's seven years later I'm approaching my 40s. I'm just not really sure that I'll even wear this anymore.

So much mixed feelings. Like, finally, I can have it. But I shouldn't, because I'd probably never wear it. I'm not really sure if I should/shouldn't.
>>
>>9423792
Cloudberry Lady? Might be on the pricier side but definitely worth it.
>>
>>9424140
Wish I read this before buying two pairs of Baby OTKs. I'm 5'4'' with what I'd consider normal-sized legs for my height and the socks just barely go over my knees. When I walk I have to pull them up every 2 steps and I don't even like the look of the height the socks are at. I wore both pairs out once so now I don't even think I can sell them anymore. Life sucks.
>>
>>9424140
OTK isn't really oldschool, the knee high socks match better anyway. Don't know why people are obsessed with not showing their knees when it used to be totally okay, especially when they are trying to wear "oldschool" (and completely fucking it up). Thanks for the image
>>
>>9424196
>it's boobie-hating IW
I was wondering about this. People on here always say IW is really not accomodating to people with larger bust sizes, but I own 5 main pieces of theirs and with a 97cm bust I fit into all of them, only getting minor boobloaf on one.
Is there any specific kind of IW cut that sucks when you have boobs? And is there any difference between their older and newer pieces?
>>
File: IMG_3762.gif (624KB, 440x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3762.gif
624KB, 440x237px
>>9424291
>>
>>9424369
Depending on color, I could buy them. I'm 5'5" and I have kinda fat tights but they still stay on me pretty well. I just use the ribbon to tighten them. I have short af legs though, so could be that too.
>>
>>9424418
I fit into IW easily and I have 86cm bust but I still get boobloaf. It's because IW is cut for A or B cup and I have E. This is a problem in many other dresses too, but IW is worst. I just use overbust corset to tone down the cup size.
>>
>>9424421

Hah, good advice actually. thanks anon.
>>
File: IMG_0572.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0572.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>9424140
To add to this data, throwin into the ring my IW socks vs my eBay ones, IW white lace is a little more warm-toned and off white, whereas eBay def has that more true blue-white tone. However, IW is MUCH shorter, I'm 5'8"/173cm and IW rest a few inches below my knee, the eBay ones are long enough that they come just over my knee.
>>
>>9424431
This is the saddest thing about lolita for me. My bust measurement is small enough to fit into most things, but just because I have a relatively large cup size a lot of dresses still look bad on me. Thank god for waist ties, else I'd look like a complete fatty-chan.
>>
>>9424418
>>9424196
For me it's quite the contrary. I have small boobs (78cm) and waist, and I cannot fit in most IW releases. Everything is just too big, and buying it to make alterations sometimes feels too tiresome, so I just stick with other petite-friendly brands...
>>
>>9424498
This. Waist ties are a huge save when there's a big bust-waist difference.
I actually have changed the lacing on some of my dresses so that it only starts lacing below the bust, along the waist. It really helps with some of them, my boobs look way less squished now.
>>
Lolibrary's new layout isn't working properly for me.

The streamlined look makes it a lot easier to find things, but way harder to leisurely browse.
>>
>>9423812
Be careful with Bunny House. I ordered 3 blouses from her a while back and all of them were the wrong size.
>>
File: C8t4OClWAAQSjJU.jpg (85KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
C8t4OClWAAQSjJU.jpg
85KB, 750x750px
From today's Kera shooting.
>>
>>9424504
Even skirts?
>>
>>9424354
I love her work, but as you mentioned, it's quite pricey. I'll have to be content with admiring her work from afar.

>>9424586
Thanks, anon. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) they don't take custom orders. It looks like Lady Sloth is going to be my only option!
>>
>>9424504
I have a similar issue to you, anon. I have a small bust, but average waist measurement. I'm quite tall though. I find most brands are too large in the bust. JetJ is the worse fit wise for me; the bust measurement are a good 2-3 inches too large. I can just about get away with IW. I think IW looks best on fairly tall girls, with an average bust size.
>>
>>9424291
Is a nice dress for 40s, really.
Just tone it down a bit.
If you are not comfortable with it after all, you can always sell it.
>>
>>9424646
Skirts (When no HW) are easier to alter, no doubt! But they still make 70 ~ 80cm products, and I'm around the 57 ~60cm waist.

>>9424658
Ohh don't even mention JetJ... I have quite a few dream dresses from them, but the average 90cm of bust is just a killer.
>>
>>9423651
I don't like the neckline. I'd buy it if it was a suspender skirt. That would be really cute
>>
>>9424196
Man, that sucks that they dropped the embroidery. I've been trying to find older pieces that have more embroidery than not, and have been considering learning so that I can just embroider shit that no one wants so it's a little more interesting.
>>
>>9424051
I'm wondering if they'd look good with 2012esque AP skirts? Or would the two "eras" clash too much?
>>
>>9424051
If you have a smaller bust and salopettes actually look good on you, I'd wear it under one of those
>>
Does anyone know a shopping service for the EU to the US? There's a dress I really want from a seller but they won't ship to the US.
>>
>>9424508
This is a good idea, I might try it out on some of my dresses.
>>
>>9424051
I love Lolita hoodies so much. I have a growing collection of them. I enjoy them because they can turn one of my fancier dresses into a more accessible one for casual wear. I've worn it with my Romantic Rose Letter JSK or my Marine Kingdom and it makes it easier for daily wear. Sadly, I refuse to post those casual coords on COF because it would get nitpicked to death when I have my hair less than perfect or a more comfortable pair of shows. This may have destroyed casual wear for most girls in the west.
>>
>>9424410
I prefer to wear OTKs or tights, even with old school, because my knees are knobbly and bruised and generally gross and UTKs only emphasise that.
>>
>>9424718
if you have any friends from the EU, maybe ask them? there aren't many EU SS for so far I know
>>
>>9424718
Why won't they ship to the US? I understand shipping fees are expensive outside of Europe, but if you're willing to pay the fees, I don't see the problem. If you don't have friends in the EU, as >>9424777 mentioned. You may want to ask the Lolita Sales EU group?
>>
>>9424733
I really do think COF has killed lolita as a street fashion. It isn't just that though, but people are scared of being posted here so they make their coords immaculate.

I'd love to see casual wear come back in style in lolita, like more hoodies, mini skirts, and even those silly brand lolita sneakers.
>>
>>9424658
JetJ is a nightmare. I'm over 10cm on the bust than their size 1 but would need a size 2 for comfort fitting on the waist. I just don't even consider their stuff as it would ruin lines to try and take in enough. I have a small bust and cup size with a long torso, so IW fits me brilliantly. Boz I also find works well. Boz is great for long arms too. IW's blouses though are a touch too short sleeved for me sadly.
>>
>>9424733
>>9424801
Same here. I do actually post some casual coords to cof, but they barely get half the likes my fancier coords do. It's a shame, because that discourages people to post casual outfits and makes new lolitas believe that casual = not OTT

So I just post them on IG, wear my hoodies, printed brand tshirts and sneakers and hope for better days.
>>
>>9424820
JetJ definitely has the worse sizing. I don't think I've ever seen JetJ actually fit anyone properly. I once bought an IW blouse, without checking the arm length. I couldn't lift my arms above chest height. Never again.
>>
>>9424801
I think you mean cgl threads about what was posted killed it. It's us. We are to blame
>>
>>9424822
You probably don't want to post your insta but I prefer insta more than fb simply because I love seeing lolita more like this
>>
>>9424844
This exactly. We go on and on about how we should do this and that with the fashion and be creative and blah blah blah, only to have anything torn to shreds in the cof thread for having something slightly off or any stupid minutiae bullshit mixed with the enjoyment of being unnecessarily cruel. You can't have it both ways.
>>
Is contacting a seller on a different website taboo?

Girl went completely MIA after having perfect feedback just last month and I want my money back. I found her facebook profile since she uses the same name on her paypal and she hasn't opened any of my messages on lacemarket nor has she responded to the paypal claim I opened earlier this week. Others have left feedback after me stating the same issues.

Bitch where my money at
>>
File: IMG_20170406_165834.jpg (1MB, 914x1770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_165834.jpg
1MB, 914x1770px
>>9424713
I wore it with a salopette like >>9424715 suggested. I think they work really well for casual wear. Self post but whatever.
>>
>>9424933
absolutely adorable!
>>
Has anyone traveled with/capsuled their wardrobes? I've been thinking more and more about being location independent or at the very least being more mobile, so just wondering if anyone else has experience managing their wardrobes.
>>
>>9424937
I moved more than half of my wardrobe to another country for an extended period of time, if that counts? Not sure what you exactly want to know. How to pack it in boxes? Or how to decide what to take with you?
>>
File: usagiheartgif.gif (962KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
usagiheartgif.gif
962KB, 500x342px
>>9424933
Omg I love this! You look adorable!
>>
>>9424822
Why does it bother you so much your casual coords don't get as many likes?
>>
>>9424944
Because people always complain how costume-y lolita has become and how much they miss casual lolita, but then their actions (aka liking casual lolita posts or wearing and posting it themselves) don't follow their words.

And of course because I'm just as big of an attention whore as the next person.
>>
>>9424936
>>9424942
Thanks anons. They are really comfy too, would recommend.
>>
>>9424953
I'm guessing because the people liking coordinates in COF aren't actually lolitas. It has to be flashy for those people anon.
>>
Does Closetchild still hold items? I want to buy something but I don't want it to be sent right away as I am in the middle of a move (no I can't ask anyone else to accept the package for me)
>>
>>9424933
Why you shooped your legs tho? You would look better without it honestly. You are so pretty, no need for that.
>>
>>9424885
No, it's not uncouth. Message her.

>>9424944
Probably because it's not as much fun to post something you know won't get likes?
>>
>>9424971
Don't think so. Before it was because they had to send you that invoice manually, but now it happens automatically during the check-out process. If you message them and ask, they might make an exception though.
>>
>>9424999
Ah, thanks for the reply anon I'll try messaging them although it seems unlikely if they don't do it manually anymore

/sage
>>
>>9424944
She explained it already. When people don't like casual coords it makes people less likely to post their own casual coords even if others -do- want to see them.
>>
>>9424822
Hoodie OP here; I don't care how many likes I get. It is the nitpicky expectation that every detail must be ready to go to a tea party instead of wearable for a street fashion.
>>
>>9424801
I mean, casual wear is cute, but mini skirts, sneakers, and hoodies aren't lolita, even if primarily lolita brands put them out. It's just casual cute. Lolita brands have put out swimsuits but that doesn't mean that a bikini is ok in lolita
>>
>>9424939
Actually, yeah, I think hearing about how you decided what to take would be helpful.

I probably need to look more into how people generally packed their lives up and left for new places.
>>
>>9425005
you could open up a PO Box and have it sent to the PO Box for safe holding until you're able to pick it up.
>>
>>9425017
Maybe there should be a second group just for casual stuff or something
>>
>>9425027
I think we'll disagree. Because though you're right about the swimsuits, the Lolita parks do keep with the aesthetics and the silhouette of Lolita. That is why they are constructed to be delicate, with double-end zippers that accommodate the petti. You're applying your Western standards.
>>
>>9424718
Which part of the EU anon, of it can be sent to the UK I don't mind helping you out.
>>
>>9424291
>approaching my 40s
Please don't let this stop you anon, be a shining example that age isn't a frill killer.
>>
>>9424699
What are you talking about? Have you even bought IW skirts? The ones on the site now are all 58-73 and would not fit someone at the top of that range at all. http://innocent-w.jp/onlineshop/en/163204.html Their older skirts run even smaller
>>
>>9425035
Then again the problem with that would be that people don't put any effort in their coords, assuming that since it's a group for casual lolita they can post half assed shit.

In general, there just seems to be a massive misunderstanding about casual lolita.
Toned down classic =/= casual.
Lolitaskirts with appropriate poof and jersey cutsews = casual
>>
>>9424369
Lolitas buy used socks all the time, just wash the lower half and sell them.

>>9424410
UTKs were certainly more common in oldschool but OTKs and thigh-highs existed too, don't make sweeping generalizations.
>>
>>9425030

(1/2) Ah, okay! I'll try to explain how I did that.
In my case, I could store all of my stuff back home, but had to take enough (lolita)clothes with me to last for a year. Since I am almost a daily lolita and it was possible, I decided to mostly wear my lolita clothes at the new location.

My wardrobe consist of ~50 main pieces and I'm used to having lots of options, so I did not like the thought of bringing less than 15 main pieces. I picked 10 pieces that were both versatile (solid colors, jsks that could be combined with various blouses,...) and comfortable, meaning I could wear them for casual daily wear as well. Those were pretty easy, because they are the ones I wear most often anyway. The rest were dresses I could wear for special occasions, like meetups, photoshoots or events. Here I picked those that would look best with minimal accessories, those I hadn't worn often yet and some special pieces to impress the local lolita comm (easier to make friends when you make a good first impression!)
Then I chose the rest that you need for a complete wardrobe, like blouses, cardigans, jackets, coats... I kept it simple here and only took those I already knew I liked to wear on a daily basis or those that went with most of the desses I had picked. I had to make some sacrifices, like only taking one coat and one jacket (I am suffering! I hate wearing the same coat all winter, but I just couldn't justify bringing another bulky item).
For shoes, I kept it to the bare minimum - one pair of winter lolita boots, 2 pair of proper lolita shoes and 3 pairs for casual outfits that also went with my normie wardrobe.
For accessories and jewelry I just picked my most worn, and therefore favorite, pieces and a few special ones for special occasions. I left the big bonnets and novelty headdresses at home, because I wouldn't have enough opportunities to wear them to justify it.
>>
>>9425030
(2/2)
For transport, I got those vacuum bags and sent the cheaper pieces by mail, the rest I took with me on the plane.
I guess it all depends on you knowing what you want to achieve and how you wear lolita. I wear it mostly casually, so having a variety of daily outfits to choose from was more important than being extra fancy at events. So I had to accept in advance that I wouldn't be the best dressed at the meetup with the most outrageous hat.

It definitely helps to have a matching wardrobe and maybe some photo documentation of your wardrobe contents, so you can plan it out without ripping all the clothes out of the closet and sitting in a pile of fabric.

Some questions that might be helpful
1) When and where do I wear lolita? What do I need to feel comfortable at those occasions?
3) Do I expect interactions with other lolitas who might see my outfits?
4) Which dresses can I wear in various coords with very little effort?

I hope that helped a little!
>>
>>9424713
Anon linked a version with torchon lace but BtSSB have re-released bunny-ear parkas and cardigans over and over again with various types of lace. The design's been around for years and IMO it works, if you're that worried about clashing find a version with embroidered net lace.

>>9424733
You should post, I don't wear sweet but I have an enduring love of brand hoodies and I never see them worn.

>>9424937
Unless you enjoy having a really narrow range of colour schemes and styles, I'd imagine it'd be hard. It's actually pretty easy to pack dresses, blouses and accessories, so the main task would be condensing your shoes and handbags down to just 1-3 of each, ideally ones that were incredibly comfortable and versatile and you could use for other stuff. Take a look at your wardrobe and see if you could survive with three pairs of shoes. If you couldn't, you probably need to cull.
>>
>got out a dress I wanted to sell to lay out some flats to help with the sales post
>quickly thought of five new coords I could do with it in my current wardrobe
>don't want to sell it any more

How do you persuade yourself to let go, gulls? I don't even really like this damn dress, it's just stupidly versatile and matches nearly everything I own.
>>
>>9425221

Honestly if it's that versatile I'd keep it as the default backup dress. Especially if it also works for many different occassions.

To help you along, though. You probably have a reason you want to sell it. Think about that reason and how much better it would be if the dress were gone. Think about how long it's been since you've worn the dress, and how long it's been sitting just taking up space in your cupboard. Think about how that money and wardrobe space could go to a new, better dress rather than one you haven't worn in a long time and probably won't wear again in an even longer time.
>>
>>9424599

I need some context for this
>>
>>9424648

Isn't Glittter Tale still around? They're on facebook, indie brand (?) from Vietnam. Could have sworn they do custom designs as well.
>>
File: tumblr_m39huj8FpZ1qbuhibo1_500.jpg (83KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m39huj8FpZ1qbuhibo1_500.jpg
83KB, 480x640px
>>9425027
>not lolita
ok.jpg
>>
>>9424822
I also prefer to post on IG but more because I don't want to be nitpicked to shreds on here when my hair isn't immaculate or whatever. Pretty sure I'd get more likes on CoF than on my shitty little IG account lol

>>9424844
>>9424872
This, too. On one hand I like that /cgl/ has standards but on the other hand it sometimes gets so picky that I wonder if the people posting most of the crit in those threads even wear lolita anywhere but cons and meetups. Sometimes your poof deflates or the wind messes up your hair or you don't feel like piling on a ton of accessories on top of your head. Lolita isn't a very practical fashion, especially if you expect everyone to be photoshoot-ready all the time.
>>
>>9424195
Not anon but damn that print is cute, I wish the cuts were cuter though.
>>
>>9425245
Not op.
But this comment is very useful. Thanks.
I got post-sale feelings for a dress I never wear
>>
>>9423705
There's an Emily temple cute print that has perfume bottles with a bunny inside a few bottles.
It is pastel too.
Maybe look that up? (I unfortunately don't KNO the name)
>>
>>9425447
I still see this as more of a fairy kei kind of thing.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (12KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
12KB, 189x267px
>>9425516

(nayrt btw) If we can have wa/qi lolita, morigirl-influenced lolita, some crossover with otome, shironuri with lolita, hime (gyaru) lolita, then I don't see why we can't have something that looks a little bit fairy kei x lolita. There's a historical lolita thread up on cgl right now as well where anons were debating silhoutte.

I mean it's not like we're saying let's break all the rules. It's just lolita that looks fairy-kei-inspired.
>>
File: tumblr_no4tlvxVrB1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg (264KB, 515x532px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no4tlvxVrB1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg
264KB, 515x532px
>>9425516
how about this tho?
>>
>>9425529
Nayrt but this is really cute! Source?
>>
File: 1448035259585.jpg (78KB, 366x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448035259585.jpg
78KB, 366x640px
>>9425516
or this?

Casual lolita is a thing. It may be rarely done right, bit it's definitely a thing.

>>9425528
isn't casual lolita older than fairy kei? I'm no expert on fairy kei, but I've seen casual lolita back in 2008, when I've never even heard of fairy kei.

It's just basic western teenager clothes (hoodies, print tshirts, sneakers) mixed with the lolita aesthetic.
>>
>>9425530
Some Japanese lolita's blog, this is the link:
http://utsugixtarte.blog74.fc2.com/blog-date-201505
>>
File: download (5).jpg (13KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
13KB, 194x260px
>>9425531

I'm not sure when fairy kei started actually, it just kind of slowly replaced decora as a much less insane pastel fashion, hard for me to remember when one stopped being in and the other is.

That said, I don't see anything in fairy kei that makes it distincly un-lolita. Heck, we even had decora lolita, and honestly I'd rather have fairy kei lolita than decora lolita, less crazy looking.
>>
>>9424837
I find that AATP is the worst though, with sleeves often below 60cm. I need a minimum sleeve length of 62cm to have sleeve cuffs stay at my wrists when I extend my arms out at all.
>>
>>9425096
I have one of IW's skirts from several years ago with a max waist of 73cm (Himari). It's gorgeous but it's a nightmare to zip up on your own at even a 66cm waist, even without trying to fit layers under it. I mostly use it for casual coords as a result.
>>
>>9425528
You can combine anything with lolita really, as long as it works with a skirt or dress. The problem is that people take the rules too seriously here. Let's say you are wearing punk lolita, someone will come and say it's not lolita because the skirt is too short or it looks too messy. They seem unable to comprehend that it is not supposed to look like normal lolita, it's a combination of punk and lolita. The same happens to casual lolita and the same will happen when you combine it with new styles.
>>
Is it me or is Lacemarket's new layout really stupid and more confusing than it was before
>>
>>9425591
Yes. It takes me longer to spot who is even selling the shit and the location when I'm on the auction page.
>>
>>9425591
I can't figure how to sort by brand + sizing options or any combos anymore.
>>
>>9425529
Source on these shoes? I love them and am so upset brands don't do fun things quite like this anymore.
>>
>>9425447
Because that's not lolita you retard
>>
>>9425591
>>9425597
cool, now I can't browse item by brand + item. If I want to see Angelic Pretty shoes, seems like I'll have to pick between looking through Angelic Pretty, or shoes.
>>
>>9425608
that's not me, so no idea! But you might find an outfit rundown at this blog, which is the source: >>9425534
>>
>>9425608
not the same, but Angelic Pretty made something similar, called something like "pop girl sneaker/platforms"
>>
>>9425583
Yeah I have a 67 waist and have had the same problem with IW, it's so annoying to hear someone whine that they think they're too small for IW when you have to be way under max for their things to actually fit. Plus so much of it has corset lacing and would look great on a tiny person

It reminds me of those girls who used to claim being thin as a reason to buy replicas. Bitch no, just lace your dress or tie your waist ties tighter, you'll look fantastic.
>>
>>9425667
I find the jsks a lot more forgiving in terms of fit for IW. Skirts are the problematic items, whereas jsks are fine I find. My first jsk from them I found too big on the bust, but on my next one, Pietro Angel, which has corset lacing, it went a fair bit smaller than listed minimum, and looked great. IW is extremely forgiving for a range of sizes on the dresses, as long as you have a small cup size on your bust. IW also tend to do a range of sizes on some items, especially blouses. The one time though that their jsk sizes does irk me is when they combine the size L and the long length into one. I need the longer bodice length but am a size M on my bust/waist measurements.
>>
>>9425667
>>9425677
With a 69cm waist all of my Innocent World m-sized dresses fit me with room to spare. Admittedly I don't own any IW skirts.
>>
>>9425667
I have an 81 cm bust and small shoulders and have received an IW blouse with max bust measurements listed as 86 cm that didn't fit at all in the bust. This thing had a button gape even when I wore the shirt without a bra. I was kinda mad - I'd bought the blouse right from the website so I'd actually shelled out full price for something that didn't fit at all. I also didn't even get half my money back from selling it, which is a shame.

So yeah. Be wary of IW and their listed measurements.
>>
File: stockingtea.jpg (75KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stockingtea.jpg
75KB, 500x281px
Does anyone else tend to feel "superior" to normies that mock you?
Whenever I see a group of Stacies laughing at me with their ass hanging out of their shorts,their fake tan,... I feel like I'm superior. I won't be as wrinkled as a leather bag in a few years, my face isn't covered in makeup (I wear some obviously but I need little to look cute, fresh, and natural.), I look like a pretty porcelain doll and they look like cheap Bratz.
I might dress like a total weirdo and look ridiculous to them but I tell myself that they're so close minded and dumb they can't understand, they're just sheeps.
Afterwards I tell myself I really think like a complete special snowflake, but ah well.
>>
>>9425706
I don't really pay attention to normies when and if they laugh at me, which admittedly doesn't happen often at all in the first place. If someone bothers me I usually just feel sorry for them and how bored they must be to bother a complete stranger for what they're wearing. I can't bring myself to care beyond that.
You sound immature, anon.
>>
>>9425700
That was my point - the jsks are more true to size than the skirts, but can still be made smaller than the listed measurements for those who are more than the recommended 4-5cm of room below the minimum measurement. It's the skirts that run very small as a whole.
>>
>>9425706
>baiting this hard
>>
>>9425706
If normies laugh at me or even take pics of me, I think that they must be really ignorant and lead boring lives, on top of cruelly lacking manners (hurrdurrr yer dressed flashy so that means we are ALLOWED to take a pic of u, dont dress liek this if u dont want people invading your privacy!!).
I get irritated (especially for pics), ngl, but you sound really immature, i used to think like that when i was 14.
>>
Does anyone here also feel stupid for constantly asking for shipping quotation on Lace Market?
Sometimes a lot of dresses that I want pop on there, but since I live in South America, shipping tend to be quite expensive (today I got a quotation for a 40USD bag of 75USD for registered airmail, so...) . So I always have to ask beforehand (since people don't specify on their profiles about SA).

But the thing is, when the shipping is this ridiculous (almost the double of the item), I, of course, don't buy it. And that leaves a lot of shipping quotation wasted.

This makes me feel so bad, as if I ditched the seller... Wish everyone could have a table of estimate shipping like Wunderwelt do, so I wouldn't need to ask kek
>>
>>9425723

Why's it stupid? I'm a USA seller and I welcome people asking me about shipping beforehand. Don't most people say "Ask for international shipping" anyway?
>>
>>9425730
I feel like I'm filling their seller's hearts with the hope that the item will go, but after getting the so-expensive shipping, I just don't take it and leave them in a void.

> I'm a USA seller and I welcome people asking me about shipping beforehand.

But that's good to know! I assumed people would get pissed when someone asked and had to say that it wouldn't be possible to buy the item in question.
>>
>>9425723
Don't feel bad, it's not really a problem atleast for me. Lot's of people message me and never answer or even read the message which is fine imo. It's just too hard to put the shipping in the description because in my case the rates are based on areas and it's nearly impossible to say which country is in which area without looking it individually up. It takes me just few minutes to confirm so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>9425733
Nayrt but I appreciate communication a lot more than being left in the air. If you ask for a shipping quote, decide not to buy and message me back to say so (you don't have to say the reason, just "Thank you, I think I'll pass" will do), I know not to wait for you to respond. Imo it's infinitely better to simply let sellers know you're not interested.
>>
>>9425580
I've never owned an AaTP blouse for that very reason. The only AaTP I've owned was their Wicked Queen's Poison Cellar skirt. The measurements were incredibly inaccurate. I don't own any brand blouses, as I need a minimum sleeve length of 64cm. I had to wear my ill fitting IW blouse to an event IW were attending. Fortunately I was able to cover it up with a bolero though!
>>
In relation to being tiny, does anyone else get a sort of 'bustling' when then they do up their corset lacing? I'm presuming it's because I'm doing it up too much but I can't do it any less or it'll be too big...?
>>
>>9425723
>>9425733
I'm a European seller. If someone from outside of Europe asks for a shipping quote, I know that 90% of the time they're not actually going to purchase my item. As shipping is so ridiculously expensive. I offer international shipping, so I don't mind providing shipping quotes. I agree with >>9425753, I also appreciate potential buyers letting me know they're no longer interested.
>>
>>9425759
If you wear gothic and like their style, Boz blouses are your friend! Only blouses I've found with sleeves long enough. Their lng sleeves are usualy around the 64cm mark on even the ladies sizing, and longer on the mens sizing. Boz are very friendly on their sizings if you have a long torso and arms. The downside to Boz is that some of their sizings on bust and waist measurements are very inconsistent, so you might need the ladies size for some items, or the mens' size on others. For example, I wear a ladies size Mistress blouse, but a mens size Andrew blouse, as that runs smaller than the Mistress blouse. I wear the ladies size for jsks, but for coats I need the mens size.
>>
>>9425753
>>9425765
Thanks for your imput! I always message back thanking their time etc. and saying it won't do for now. It's comforting to know that it's not a big deal asking and not buying in the end then!

Thanks!
>>
>>9425597
>>9425648
Are you guys the same person or two separately retarded people? The filter icon is right there, it's the exact same as before. If you can't help yourself to using a basic web interface, good luck with the internet.
>>
>>9425760
I have this problem too. if possible (and you don't plan on selling it soon) you can shorten the elastic if there's shirring under the lacing. or take in the side seams, but that's a bit more difficult. other things you can do are sticking with smaller sizes or commissioning pieces. or wear extra pushup, that's also an option.
>>
>>9425723
Tbqh I don't understand how US shipping quotes work. I expect about 30-35 usd, but sometimes it will be like 20 and sometimes 50, regardless of item size.
>>
>>9425706
I'm picturing the snotty teenage ita's in my comm saying this, with their cheap wigs and their clown shoes and their plastic tiaras, and I can't help but laugh along with the "Stacy"s you're describing. I love lolita in every form but much of it looks pretty damn ridiculous and yeah, you sound like a special snowflake in this post.

>>9425722
Taking pics is significantly worse than just staring IMO. If people take pictures of me without asking, particularly if they're adults, I do look down on them because it shows they're rude and socially incompetent.
>>
>>9425591
I can't browse by completed listings anymore, they option has been completely purged..

Why are they doing this. I don't care about the layout at all. They should add options for other currencies than the Dollar, that's the only change I want. I fucking hate being forced to sell in American Dollars and being forced to convert everything. The slightest mistake will make me come accross as a shady seller, I rather use facebook for my sales instead.
>>
>>9425760
This happens to me too, as well as the chest part on JSKs sort of... pulling forward and gapping over my blouse, no matter how tight I do up the corset lacing. I've had to give up on new releases that aren't skirts. Really the only thing you can do is modify the dress, or cover it with a bolero/cardigan.
>>
>>9425923
This would be so nice. I'd love to browse in euro.
>>
File: IMG_1584.png (161KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1584.png
161KB, 750x1334px
>>9425923
The option is still there, under advanced filters.
>>
>>9425901
It's weight based. And sometimes people are lazy and use flat rate boxes which hike the price quite a bit.
>>
>>9425971
So basically if shipping for a small item is absolutely ridiculous (like twice the price of the item or more, which does happen with US sellers), it means the seller is using a flat rate box? I guess that explains things. Too bad too considering how common this is.
>>
>>9426031
No any tracked or priority shipping international is also very expensive. The only cheap option is first class which some sellers won't use because it doesn't come with tracking
But even first class is like 25-35 for most items. Our shipping just costs that much
>>
>>9426058
I just sent a Headdress through PayPal first class to Germany for $13. It is tracked, there are only a few countries in the exceptions list. Check PayPal to know if those countries are in that category.
>>
>>9425221
All of what >>9425245 said, plus I think about how I have this nice dress just sitting around taking up space in my closet, and how that dress might go to someone who would love it and actually wear it
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (40KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
40KB, 350x466px
>>9425447
I love this coord

>>9425493
This one? It comes in yellow and lavender. It's actually pretty cute and might go on my list

>>9425775
Nayrt but this is really useful information, thanks anon!
>>
>>9425176
>>9425177
Thank you so much for the thorough explanation! That actually helps me with my planning a lot, and it makes sense that you made the choices that you did. I definitely need to look into space saving methodologies for packing as well as using photo documentation alongside my spreadsheets.

>>9425192
My wardrobe's not exactly compact but I do limit myself to only navy/brown/ivory as my core colors, so 3 pairs of shoes is fairly manageable and would go with a majority of my outfits. I can pack about 4-5 days worth of mori including heavy layering into a carry-on, but those are just skirts and tops, hence the concern about lolita being mostly JSKs and such.
>>
Is there still trouble with lockshop wigs? Thinking about buying from there again. I have some wigs a from a few years ago and they were good.
>>
File: tumblr_od1gtdSkTF1s0s30po1_1280.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od1gtdSkTF1s0s30po1_1280.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
Hey Gulls! I'm going to Canada and am going to be around the Windsor Airport area. Is there any places nearby that are worth checking out?
>>
>>9425923
Nothing was purged lol, stop being an idiot and use the buttons holy fuck.
>>
>>9426124
This is so cute
>>
>>9426077
PayPal has a shipping service? I always just go to my local post office because it's so much cheaper than FedEx or UPS for domestic sales
>>
>tfw people are calling pierrot pieces ita messes in the CoF thread

I am torn between being that mad person and being the "welp, more for me!1!!" person
>>
>>9426374
Go with the latter. Not everyone is going to agree when it comes to tastes. If you like something then get it and enjoy it.
>>
>>9426317
Anon is probably referring to the included/free tracking number when you buy first class mail shipping labels online (via PayPal or USPS website)
>>
>>9426374
coming from a meta-fag with questionable taste: Go for "more for me!", that keeps you sane(ish)
>>
File: 1491091425986.png (45KB, 264x341px) Image search: [Google]
1491091425986.png
45KB, 264x341px
>At work refreshing AP like hell today
>Daydream bed comes up but not for sale yet
>Keep refreshing until it finally lets me put in cart
>Dat ivory jsk, come on baby
>Going through AP's retreaded checkout page complete with the "CHECK THIS SMALL USELESS BOX WITH A WALL OF USELESS TEXT BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO MISS THIS SO YOU NEED TO RE-ENTER YOUR INFO" checked, you're not fooling me this time AP
>Autofill credit info, get to order confirmation
>"Your cart is empty"
>Every single other colorway and cut still up
>Come back home from work
>They're ALL still up, 6 hours later
>Ivory JSK sold out within a minute
>>
File: 101386806_large.jpg (15KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
101386806_large.jpg
15KB, 360x480px
>>9426374

Their prints are pretty retarded imo. Prime example of a brand trying to hop on a bandwagon without really doing proper legwork.

Their non print dresses are still beautiful as always though.
>>
>>9425591
They should remove the promotion feature instead, it's completely useless.
>>
>>9425902
I take pictures of them back now lmao
>>
>>9426374
More for me anon. I like a lot of their things that people call clip art ita trash. Difference of tastes if what it is do just reap what you can before it gets popular if the fashion moves that way.
>>
>>9426428
Yup that's the life of a release anon. Got to get used to it. Or don't like bandwagon prints. It's up to you.
>>
>>9426245
Windsor? Nah. Basically Detroit anon. Good Dim Sum though.
>>
>>9426428

Anon, you have just discovered why in-store shopping services exist. If you're serious about a release, book one, plus learn to Tenso. That's two chances (although you run the chance of ending up with a duplicate dress). AP USA should have been your third chance, not the only time you try.

There's always the secondhand market, though. Maybe there'll be girls that discover ivory doesn't suit their skintones.
>>
Secrets are up. Have any of you submitted something?
>>
>>9426895
I swear to god, anon with the stupid meetup related secrets can you gtfo please
>>
File: 1434970838482.jpg (19KB, 307x212px) Image search: [Google]
1434970838482.jpg
19KB, 307x212px
>>9426895
I did. Can't wait to see the comments on it.
>>
>>9426428
>tfw you will never have the perfect blue teaparty cut, the only dress you've ever loved
>>
>>9426954
does anyone actually have a picture of this dress? everyone seems to love it, but I still have not seen any pictures besides the shitty creeper shot of it on a manaquin
>>
>>9426971
Wasn't it a mto/reservation? I didn't think it was out yet.
>>
>>9426942
is it the one about war or autism?
>>
>>9427078
No, it's the first one.
>>
>>9426245
theres a comm in london, thats about the closest thing i can think of. how long will you be here? theres a tea party at anime north in toronto at the end of may
>>
>>9424801
Yeah, I don't post my casual lolita coords publicly online, only my more elaborate coords. I often go out with a simple cutsew/skirt or a cutsew op/small petti and minimal accessories.

It's not worth posting because I know the outfits aren't immaculate. They're alternative casual outfits. Nobody enjoys being posted and nitpicked for things they know they could technically improve upon but opted not to in favor of ease and/or comfort.

I wish I could post my casual coords because they're all so comfy and mostly quite practical (in comparison to less casual lolita anyway), but yeah the nitpicks would just piss me off too much for it to be worth it. What sucks is that my casual coords are often some of the ones I'm most proud of, since I'm able to look so cute and be so comfy all at once.
>>
How long do you think nails should be for lolita? What styles?
>>
>>9427153
Post them on IG! Posts from there generally don't get nitpicked to death, it rather seems like they don't find their way to cgl at all. I'd be happy to see more casual lolita on my IG feed.
>>
I'm 163cm, have a 83cm bust, 66cm waist, 86cm hips and weigh 120lbs.
Am i too fat for lolita? I feel like being average european weight is being too fat >tfw i just want to be petite
>>
>>9426428
Daydream bed is ugly af in every colorway but blue. What a weird print, the beds aren't even cute
>>
>>9427161
i like long nails with a bit of a coffin shape, clean french tip or sparkly deco shit
>>
>>9427174
youre fine anon, not even chubby unless you wear classic. youre small for pro-fattie new ap shit
>>
>>9427174
Are you trolling or have you been too lazy to google any measurements of any of the OPs/jsks you like.
>>
>>9427161
I do mine short and simple solid colors usually, sometimes I go for a mid-length oval shape. I think for nails what matters is not so much shape but length. Anything longer than medium length (I'm going by the length standard fakes are sold at here) is getting into some instagram "baddie" territory and the like. I love longer nails for other normie fashions though.
>>
>>9427153
You sound like me. I feel identical and you let it eloquently. I don't wear my daily Lolita to be immaculate and the nit picks just turn me off from sharing most of my coords.

Hopefully we can find each other on IG, though I first need to start posting more regularly; I just don't think about it because they are my clothes and as soon as I'm home I want them off.
>>
>>9427161
Definitely nothing notably long. It should be more subdued than gyaru nails. Rounded edges. Colors should be complimentary to the coord or something classic/natural. Of course, photoshoots are fine to go all out and do crazy dragon lady nails with Gothic, or all the goofy 3d stuff with charms dangling with Sweet. I can't imagine any OTT nail style with classic, desu.
>>
>>9427174
Heres your (you) you wanted baito chan.
>>
File: daydream.jpg (28KB, 349x476px) Image search: [Google]
daydream.jpg
28KB, 349x476px
>>9426971
>>
File: daydream 2.jpg (42KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
daydream 2.jpg
42KB, 500x600px
>>9427315
>>
>>9427315
If it was taobao I woukd think it's quirly and kinda cute.
AP is really going downhill. I really don't like the direction lolita is taking in general but AP is the worst.
>>
>>9427357
The cynic in me says that it looks like a nice taobao dress because Chinese lolitas are money.
>>
>>9427315
why is the print so huge
>>
>>9427315
Anyone else kind of bored with this OP cut?
>>
has anyone had a package go missing when shipping to tenso? my package was sent to tenso over a week ago but still hasn't arrived. there's no tracking so i'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>9427467
I like the cut for what it is, but I wish there were less high waisted cuts in general.
>>
>>9427467
Yes.
>>
>>9427580
Usually takes 2 weeks for airmail
Can be 2-3 months with sal
>>
>>9427357
Then what brands do you like? AP is my least favorite brand but I really like this release
>>
>>9427687
Not that anon but I agree with them and AP used to be my favorite brand. I loved their cute sweet prints, they were always so perfect (other than radioactive cupcake). Milky planet, decoration dream, sugary carnival, cameo window, sweet cream house, cosmic, etc are so cute and iconic. I haven't liked anything AP put out in the past couple years at all, the prints are getting bigger and bolder, and they just don't have that same street fashion feel. The new dresses are getting so fussy and starting to look too much like otome and larme. If I wanted to dress in normalfag cocktail attire, I would
>>
File: daydream.jpg (140KB, 590x836px) Image search: [Google]
daydream.jpg
140KB, 590x836px
Can someone tell me which one of the Day Dream Carnival JSKs is bigger? I'm slowly getting some older prints of AP and the sizing is a complete gamble.
>>
>>9427467
Yes. More normal waist stuff pls, there's more than enough out there for maternity-chans at this point.
>>
>>9427945
>otome
>normalfag cocktail attire
????
>>
>>9427955
It would likely be the cut in the top left, it has full back shirring and the rest of the cuts look like they only have partial.
>>
>>9427467
They only look cute on one specific body type...
>>
File: royalchoc.jpg (70KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
royalchoc.jpg
70KB, 280x373px
Didn't see a worn thread and feels kind of unnecessary to make a new thread. Does anyone have a picture of Angelic Pretty Royal Chocolate Jacket worn? Any color is fine I just want to see how this shape looks like on a human, google has not helped me so far.

<-----------
>>
>>9427945
Whip Magic is love, Whip Magic is life

I don't even know why people hate on this print so much, it's awesome.
>>
>>9427955
>DDC
>older prints
I feel old.
>>
>>9427580
>>9427684
sorry, to clarify i meant shipping within japan TO tenso. i've never had it take over a week domestically.
>>
>>9428213
Same. I feel like DDC was released only a month ago.
>>
I wonder what percentage of dresses bought never re-enter circulation. Are there dresses that NOBODY has ever seen for sale in the secondhand market?
>>
>>9427580
I would message tenso and ask if they have received it by giving a description of the item and the seller, sometimes sellers miss out the identification number and the shopping service won't know who the package is for.
>>
>>9428213
I feel ya anon. I'm from the time of karami jsk's
>>
File: ap_2006_op_crossrose_color1.jpg (23KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
ap_2006_op_crossrose_color1.jpg
23KB, 250x333px
>>9428231
Yes especially the more simple or plain colored dresses.

>>This one.
>>
>>9428261
How bad would it be if I liked this?
>>
>>9427960
Recent AP has like three different aesthetics, the fancy cocktail attire like the polka dot, otome like the key print, chess print, and astro regimen, and then generic princess dresses. I'm not trying to conflate the styles, just saying they're super boring looking to me, whereas old AP was so cute. Have you followed normalfag fashion lately? It seems like every normie I know has started wearing weird shit like rockabilly/ vintage inspired crap with petticoats hanging out, quirky anthropologie printed dresses, or bright, clashing stuff
>>
>>9428213
Someone in the fb sales called British Bear an old release. I swear it was literally last year or the year before it came out
>>
File: t1232.png (332KB, 600x266px) Image search: [Google]
t1232.png
332KB, 600x266px
>>9428052
I took a few pictures of myself in it before I sold it.The pictures weren't very great since it looked like a potato sack on me so I didn't attempt to coord it. I was only wearing the matching skirt. It's size L. I hope that helps somewhat.
>>
>>9428231
That's actually a really good question, anon. With more modern releases, there's practically a 100% chance that something will enter the secondhand market at some point, but I imagine the older you get, the less likely you are to find secondhand. I'm sure some of the original JP lolitas had dresses that never even made it overseas, so who knows what happened to them. Still in their closets for teenage/young adulthood nostalgia? Given away to family or friends? Thrown in the garbage?
>>
>>9428054
because a bunch of ita's wore it way back then
>>
>>9428231
I'm pretty sure that some of my dream dresses (mostly simple, old meta stuff) sit in the back of the storage rooms of some Japanese housewives who wore lolita like 10 years ago and forgot they even own said dresses.
>>
>>9428396
What were your measurements if you don't mind my asking. If it's roomy I'm going to look for it.
>>
>>9428396
Thanks anon, I actually think it looks pretty cute on you! I might actually buy it, I've seen it for great prices recently and looks pretty damn comfy too.
>>
File: 4567as8987bsd656f78.jpg (119KB, 1310x666px) Image search: [Google]
4567as8987bsd656f78.jpg
119KB, 1310x666px
>>9428365

>mfw when I posted this picture since it's a dream dress of mine.

It's bad because then I might have a competitor if it ever does show up
>>
>>9427945
Has anyone confirmed that they changed designers? Or started using multiple/different artists? In the past AP prints had a distinctive style that was saccharine and charming. There was a noticeable change starting with the spring 2015 collection. The prints were busier and the art style was different from dress to dress. AP also began trend-hopping at this time. I miss the old style.

I do like some of the simpler new prints, like Dream Marine and Wrapping Cherry, but they feel more like something Milk would design than AP.
>>
>>9428686
I don't see Maki in the newer dresses. It's hard to explain, but they're just not her style.
>>
>>9428551
82 cm bust, 72 cm waist, 86 cm hips are my approx measurements. The jacket was very roomy and tent shaped so it just got bigger from the bust.

The sleeves weren't long enough to look like full sleeves, but wasn't short enough to look like intentional 3/4 sleeves on me. It was cute but really didn't fit me.
>>
>>9428231
>>9428407

There's some IW that never hits the market, no matter how long or how soon you wait. Prior to re-release of rabbit letter jsk I only ever saw the blue skirt hit the market. And after the re-release, the red colourway is still pretty rare. Plus the Annette release that sold out earlier? I couldn't find that on the secondhand market either. For that matter, considering IW releases something almost every Friday, shouldn't there be a bigger secondhand market? Where does the bulk of IW stuff go after their owners are done with them? I get that they're no AP, but surely there should be more of them floating around?
>>
Somewhere somebody mentioned Golden Week Lucky Packs a while ago - which brands usually have them? Are there any other special offers for Golden Week that usually come around?
>>
>>9428686
At fashion shows in Japan, several designers come out, but they're not introduced
>>
>>9427945
>>9427960

i agree with op. This dress for example. Is cuter than whatever Elle magazine would recommend for a summer party dress, but is just... so normie-friendly.

I have it btw and I love it, but is not remarkable
>>
File: descarga.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
>>9429005
dropping pic
>>
>>9428853
I think that it's more that a lot of IW is bought by people who buy for keeps a lot more, rather than wanting to wear something a couple of times and then pass it along. It's about different types of shoppers/Lolitas, I guess?
>>
>>9428877
Most of them. Especially Laforet Harajuku has special sales events for each day of the golden week
>>
File: media_20170412.jpg (277KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
media_20170412.jpg
277KB, 600x851px
Baby just posted that a bunch of lolita brands will be in this magazine

http://www.babyssb.co.jp/info/%E6%9C%80%E6%96%B0%E3%81%AE%E5%8E%9F%E5%AE%BF%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%93%E3%82%A2%E3%81%8C%E4%BA%BA%E6%B0%97%E3%81%AE%E3%83%95%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC/

I'm not sure why they refer to it as a gravure magazine though, maybe it's in black and white..?
>>
>>9425431
Thanks anon, Glitter Tale seem to be the only indie brand open for commissions at the moment. Lady Sloth never responded to my email, oddly enough. I'm disappointed I've only been able to get one quote. But one is better than none. Thanks again for the suggestion, anon!
>>
>>9429120

No worries, thanks for reporting back, nice to know they're still up and kicking.
>>
What brand is this??
>>
>>9429207
Atelier Pastelchan!
>>
How do people lose waist ties? Do they come undone then one just pops off? Are they more susceptible to damage? Assholes yanking them off?
>>
>>9429223
Do people lose waist ties while wearing their dresses? I just assume they misplace them by accident if their room or wardrobe isn't very organized.
>>
>>9429223
Some people don't use them, they store them somewhere and don't look at them for years
>>
Rant time:
Today I got denied access to a mall store because I was "in costume".
Earlier this week I heard about a case of another girl in jfash from France that was denied access to a (not even fancy) restaurant and was told to come back when she'll be "more elegant". There's also this famous goth girl that was told she couldn't enter the Louvre museum because of her style.
At the last meet, one of the security guy asked us to not take pics and to move from the gallery we were in. We weren't blocking the way and we saw other people taking pictures.
I'm so mad. I was dressed in toned down sweet lolita so it's not even like if i was dressed in pastel vomit or something.
Fuck normies, really.
>>
>>9429207
>>9429211
nice selfpost
>>
>>9429245
Are you from France? I'm guessing the goth you're referring to is Black Friday? I believe the Louvre apologised to BF, and offered her and her husband a VIP visit the next time they're in Paris. Keep in mind crowds were gathering around BF and her husband. Whilst I don't condone the type of treatment they received, I'm not entirely surprised the staff acted negatively towards them.
>>
>>9429254
get that salt stick out of your ass, anon.
>>
>>9429245
Not sure where you live, but sometimes our hands are kind of tied..
>flashback to a few years ago
>work at local super cute and fancy chocolate/sweets shops
>handful of lolitas in the general area, few of them pop down once in awhile
>always super polite and ask if they can take pictures in front of our candy wall, never a bother
>owner thinks it's weird but doesn't complain since they always buy something
>one day notice a new lolita walking down the market street
>bebops inside, pretty cringey and definitely new
>compliment her baby's-first-coord coord and tell her about other lolitas around
>takes selfie in front of truffles then leaves w/o buying anything
>few days later
>newbie comes back... with her anime cringe club in tow equipped with horrific casual cosplay
>SUGOOOIII KAWAIII DESU NE~!!!
>I have made a huge mistake.
>super loud, cringey, beta is off the charts, air fills with female axe body soar and BO [very bad for our chocolates]
>owner kicks them out after 15 mins of Black Bulter references, NYA~ + ZOMG, and broken Japanese
>new rule 'NO COSTUMES INSIDE'
>owner turns away real lolitas

Just takes one fucktard to ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>9429256
Have been for a year now.
And yeah,that's her, that's nice that they apologized. I don't know anything about her and her hubby but i heard the story and I thought "'wow, not cool". You're right though, they probably had a crowd gathering around them for pics and yeah. Yet, I don't see how that might affect them. Why do they care about that? (feel free to tell me why, I'm genuinely curious)
>>
>>9429263
Oh man...
You sound like you work at a really cute place though.
>>
>>9429256
The crowds gathering was a poor excuse, because then famous people would never be allowed at the Louvre
>>
>>9429254
fuck you
>>
How many lolitas here own guns or airsoft
>>
>>9429265
Why does the Louvre, a crowded museum, care about people gathering around and gawking at a person dressed in goth? Probably because it's a) a distraction for the other guests of the museum b) takes up a lot of space and makes it difficult for patrons to get around in the galleries c) is a potential annoyance for guests in general.

I don't think kicking the goth out was a good idea but I do think in situations like a crowded museum/gallery it's kind of rude to dress up so much that the attention of the other people is on you and not on the art.
>>
>>9429283
They actually say you should request a private viewing if you are a celeb.
>>
>>9429287
me
>>
>>9429287
my BF plays airsoft. it looks fun and I would like to have a pink one, but I don't like all the BBs flying at me
>>
>>9429265
Traffic man. Like the last thing you want is unnecessary traffic in a very popular tourist area.
>>
>>9429283
Basically what >>9429288 and >>9429289 said.
>>
>>9429287
I love airsoft, but jesus you have to have the right people to play with. Random games are filled with either those kids who were the 'YOU DIDNT GET ME BECAUSE IM INVISIBILE HAHA' kids and never grew out of it, or the looneys who are basically LARPing as military personnel who damn near break your ribs when they' knife' you.
>>
>>9429245
Were you wearing a wig or "weird" shoes?
>>
>>9429245
Wow, that's awful. I love dining out at fancy restaurants and dressing up in lolita for them especially because they never act weird about my clothes, the most I've gotten is compliments from places where I'm a regular. Lolita is incredibly elegant and entirely proper for a fine dining experience, the restaurant that refused that girl was probably shit anyway. Generally, the fancier a place is, the nicer the people are about my clothes.

I can't believe people would treat girls in jfashion like this, but dressing in sweatpants or with your ass hanging out is completely acceptable.
>>
>>9429306
No wig and brown TP shoes
>>
>>9429263
What even. Why not just ban those people? Costumes don't make people act like idiots.
>>
>>9429263
That's too bad. I'm kind of afraid of running into those types of people, especially since my town's getting a Round1.

On one hand, it'd be neat to run into lolitas out of the woodwork, but on the other hand, I've already seen enough gross weebs passing through the mall in (bad or elements of) cosplay. I just want to enjoy Mario cart in peace.

>>9429651
Yeah, really. I guess normies think we all look alike.

>>9429110
>gravure

lmao. I just thought about a book of Akira and Midori's lewds.
>>
>>9429285
>>9429262
>t. angry pastelchan
>>
>>9429848
could you just stop? I don't get why you have to constantly shit on her.
>>
>>9429855
constantly? pastelchan stop reaching
>>
>>9425608
These are AP shoes.
>>
I've been trying to figure this out for the last hour to no avail - does anyone know what song plays in Kamikaze Girls when Ichigo and Momoko first go to the pachinko parlor?

It's not 15 no yoru from what I can tell, not male versions of the op/ed songs either.
>>
>>9429313
It really depends on which style you're wearing. I'm into toned down classic and casual in dark colors and never got shit for my outfits, but if you're into sweet and pastels, people get more shit (from strangers, shops, family members...). It just stands out way more. With my classic lolita people tend to think I just dress like a fancy grandma, but sweet lolita is so different from normie fashion, shape AND color-wise, they just don't know how to place it.
>>
>>9429953
Currently I exclusively wear gothic, or sometimes all-black sweet, and I guess that's easier for people to place, yes. Still, back when I was starting out I wore sweet and while I got more stares and comments in public, in restaurants no one ever batted an eye. I just feel like it's highly unprofessional to judge based on "weird" clothes as a store/restaurant/place where you are a customer who is spending money.
>>
File: kuragehime.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
>>9428231
I've resigned to the fact that suddenly miraculously showing up one day will never happen with this one.
>mfw if Baby ever rereleases this (hopefully within the next five years, if ever) I will buy it no matter the price
>>
>>9429928
Honey you?
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B000ALMUIE/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1491911174&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=下妻物語&dpPl=1&dpID=41U-FO0ih-L&ref=plSrch
>>
It's been announced.
BABY Paris will definitely close on may 23th
>>
>>9428054
It's the acid green in the print that gets to people, and that the hot pink colour way is tacky af

>>9429110
How can we get hold of it when it's a free magazine?

>>9429238
I've done this, ended up posting them to the seller when I did find them.

>>9429078
IW is seen as more age-appropriate for older women so I'd guess it's also that it's less likely to be sold when people "graduate" lolita.

>>9430057
That's too soon for me to go, why
>>
>>9430072
That also likely. I think that IW has a lot of versatility, and can be worn in dressed up or down styles very easily, with some bits able to be worn in a nearly normie manner, in non-lolita outfits. They have a lot of range as well, from sweet through classic to gothic, in how some pieces can be worn.
>>
>>9429245
is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.estrepublicain.fr/edition-de-nancy-ville/2017/04/09/la-sweet-lolita-privee-de-resto

Translation for non baguette speaking gulls:
Japanese street fashion adept, Christine 27yo, got denied access to a restaurant where she wanted to eat with her mother. With her pink and blue wig, her patterned dress, she was invited to come back in a more elegant outfit. Indignation.

Pink and blue hair, heart or star shaped hairpins on her forehead, white platform boots, a pastel dress with patterns and big bows..: you can't really say she'll go unnoticed! Even if that wouldn't bother anybody in Tokyo

At 27, Christine is an adept from the famous, and sometimes spectacular , japanese street fashion. In particular «sweet lolita» and «kawaii decora» that she gladly mix together, the whole thing seasoned with a side of «Alice» who wants itself to be «cute» . Nothing to do with «cosplay» and other roleplay games.

It's been almost 11 years since this woman in search of a job progressively adopted that dress code who's part of her everyday. A private everyday: No way to adopt it in the professionnal life.
«At first, I didn't really dare because of people staring, I just made some research on the clothes, who are expensive (i buy them second hand) and not always easy to find»

She got her first dress in 2009,and ended up ignoring judgements. «Anyway, you're always judged, no matter how you dress. I don't do that to get attention, I do that because I like that style»

Her mother, Michelle, never had any complaints about it «It doesn't bother me. I was hippie when I was young. The essential is that my daughter feels good in her body and her clothes. Anything else doesn't matter»

«I feel good like that» says Christine. She felt «affected, hurt» when last week, her and her mother got rejected.

1/2
>>
File: title-1491751137.jpg (952KB, 1600x1185px) Image search: [Google]
title-1491751137.jpg
952KB, 1600x1185px
>>9430089
«They told me: come back when you'll be more elegant.» specify Christine who doesn't understand.
«It's a restaurant where we go on a regular basis with my mother. There never was any problem, I don't understand that discrimination, just like all the others. I faced smiles,ironic remarks and even aggressive gestures but never that».
The concerned restorator acknowledges «These customers already came multiple times, that kind of clothing isn't problematic at all»
Actually, the restorator confess having refused the duo for other motives, a priori legitimate, but hard to approach in public.
The clothing was an excuse to avoid approaching the two customers directly.
«We can have an explanation in front of each other with this young lady» pursues the restorator , obviously with good intentions.

In short, the Sweet Lolita can continue living her passion!

2/2

(hope my english isn't too shit and you guys understood)
>>
>>9430099
thanks for translating, baguette-chan!
This confirms my suspicion that it is generally the badly dressed sweet lolitas who get thrown out. That outfit is hideous.
>>
>>9430099
So if I understood correctly her outfit wasn't actually the issue but rather a convenient excuse for the restaurant to refuse their entry? I don't really get what other reasons they may have but honestly looking at what she's wearing, I wouldn't blame them if that really was the reason. That "coord" is a disaster.
>>
>>9430124
My pleasure. I'm always up to translate french things by the way so if there's anything you want just tell me.

>>9430126
Yup.
And yes, that coord looks really bad even if it's supposed to be some kind of lolita x decora.
>>
>>9430089
this girl and black friday were asking for it desu
>>
>>9430147
Why so?
>>
>>9430159
they both look like they are in costume, by normie standards.
adults who pretend to be kids (which is what this girl looks like to normies) are always super creepy.
black friday has the nastiest bird nest hair and makeup (she cakes that white clown makeup on like it's a face mask and irl it probably looks twice as bad) and wears extreme colored lenses every day.

is it so hard to tone it down for some occasions? nobody says people can't be goth or kawaii princesses, but it can be done in a more tasteful way.
>>
>>9430057
Anyone planning to go before they close and wanna meet up/sad drink after we buy them out?

>>9430099
Jesus Christ she looks awful. No wonder they kicked her out.
>>
>>9430072

>free magagazine

If you're willing to pay a shopping service and shipping for the free magazine, there's an order form here for back issues:

http://b.pop-united.jp/freepaper/backnumber/order/

Though, I don't see 原宿POPUNITED Vol.12 on there yet. If you're using an in-person SS I guess just ask them to pick it up?
>>
>>9430099
What kind of person continues to dine at a restaurant where they have experienced aggressive gestures etc.? I'm avoiding some places for less.
>>
>>9430189
Someone with a hardcore victim complex, apparently.
>>
>>9430183
>tfw Paris is 3 hours away but train is fucking expensive

>>9430189
She meant out of that restaurant, as in "in general".
>>
>>9430099
Honestly if I ran a fancy restaurant I wouldn't want cringy itas like this ruining my image, either. Alt fashion is one thing, but this is clearly BAD alt fashion.
>>
>>9430047
Don't think so, it's when Ichiko looks up and says "Osaka?" or something to that effect. Not in the credits in the film either, and definitely not in the soundtrack.

Appreciate your time though!
>>
Gauging interest:

I use fetlife. Sometimes I see people post their 'lolita' costumes on that site, and it's pretty cringey. Would anyone be interested in an album or thread of cringey lolita fetish pictures?
I understand fetlife is a private/protected place, thus, all photos would be edited to remove defining features/faces, and no usernames would be included. Glasses houses and all.
>>
>>9430449
I don't think my heart could handle that desu
>>
>>9430449
I'm disgusted yet interested.
Please go on.
>>
>>9430449
I'm a piece of trahs and really wanting to see.
>>
Should I get a custom witch hat from Lilly of the Valley for a Harry Pottered themed coord? Or should I wait to snag AttP's witch hat if if ever goes up for sale?
>>
>>9430449
>using fetlife
I'm already cringing
>>
>>9430465
Will you use it often?
>>
>>9430449
dump in the ita thread pls
>>
>>9430473
Probably at cons, halloween, or any harry potter themed event.
There's a massive festival for it nearby every year.
So maybe at least 2 times a year.
>>
>>9430490
I would hit limit so fast. This needs it's own containment thread.
>>
>>9430491
Sounds like you would wear it a lot, I say go for it!
>>
How do you gull wash light colored printed socks?
Some of my shoes have left stains on the bottom of the socks. I just sprayed some oxy clean on them and gently hand washed them in warm water.
But I'm nervous about damaging them.
>>
>>9430465
I've been looking for the AATP hat for over a year now and I haven't been able to find a reasonable one that didn't sell out before me/my SS could get it. I don't recommend sitting and waiting if you actually want it before any certain timeframe.
>>
>>9430171
goth is like super widely known now even by normies so i dont see how anyone would think black friday was in costume
>>
>>9430740
keep doing what ur doing but in cold water
>>
>>9430183
Some people from the French comm are planning on going on May 6th.
>>
>>9429988
It's literally on y!ja right now, check the dream dress thread.
>>
>>9429223
i almost was a seller who lost waist ties. What I did was I put all my waist ties on a hanger so that way they wouldn't get all wrinkled: but I needed the hanger so I put something over it (an ugly body line blouse). Cue to me frantically tearing apart my wardrobe looking for it in all my boxes and drawers because I only remembered that one of my waist ties came in a plastic baggie folded nicely and I kept them in there.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.