[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Masquerade Carnival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 7

File: dmc.jpg (28KB, 563x295px) Image search: [Google]
dmc.jpg
28KB, 563x295px
Let's have a thread.

>Are you going?
>What tickets do you have?
>Going to the tea party?
>What do you think of the tea party ticket commotion?
>Expectations of the event?
>Do you have your coordinate planned?
>Are you staying in London for the event?
>Goody bag expectations for gold and silver?
>What indie vendors do you want to see?
>>
>>9422045
>>Are you going?
Yes!

>>What tickets do you have?
Golden dream

>>Going to the tea party?
Yes

>>What do you think of the tea party ticket commotion?
Nice that they got more, now some of my friends are able to go as well

>>Expectations of the event?
I have never been to a TPC event before, tbqh I am a bit cautious of that it will be slightly less ''fancy'' (a bit trashy even?) than the SFE events. But that's really not based on any facts, just a feeling that I hope won't be true.

>>Do you have your coordinate planned?
Nope, not yet, still got some time lol

>>Are you staying in London for the event?
Yes, with friends!

>>Goody bag expectations for gold and silver?
I try to expect nothing special, maybe I will get surprised ;)

>>What indie vendors do you want to see?
Voodoodolly, MyInspiration, LiParo.. idk
>>
>>9422045
Unfortunately not going this year (can't really afford it atm), but I just want to say how impressive I find the organizers. They actually managed to stock up the tea party tickets twice! Most would just say "eh, better luck next year" and leave it at that. And yet I still have friends on my friend list that complain about not managing to get tickets and think its a conspiracy against them personally. Bitch, you're not important enough for any conspiracies! Be happy that you have gold tickets for Saturday and attend the alternative tea party on Sunday!
>>
>>9422045
Silver and yes! I thought the prerelease was a really nice gesture on the part of the organisers, especially because the volunteers do donate their time when they've already bought tickets.

I've also been really impressed by the organisers, they've really gone above and beyond to try to get more people into the tea party! I have friends who were able to get tickets in both expansions, so I'm really happy I'll get to spend more time with them, especially the ones from the other end of the country.

I'm also side-eyeing a couple of people really hard over how they're acting about the tickets. Limited release, you guys knew it was going to be a bloodbath, there's no reason not to be mashing refresh five minutes before seven.

I'm especially side-eyeing that one brolita in the thread, the one who only owns Starlight of Serenity and has consistently been a whiny, entitled twat online. Does he really think this kind of behaviour is going to earn him friends? I'm surprised he hasn't been posted to BTB yet, and I suspect he'll be in there this week. I'm just glad he hasn't gotten a tea party ticket so I won't risk being at his table.
>>
>>9422081
Kate is being just as bad.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes
Silver
>Going to the tea party?
Yes
I had access to the pre-sale, so thankfully I missed the commotion of general release. I think it's great that the organisers were able to provide additional tickets– twice no less.
I expect it's going to be the largest and best TPC event to date.
Yes, my coord for Sunday is almost complete. Not made much progress on Saturday's coord though.
Yes, I'll be staying with a couple of friends. Who are also attending the event.
I hope we receive a commemorative mug/cup. Possibly some AP socks?
Moss Marchen, Voodoodolly, My Inspiration, etc.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes

Gold, woo

>Going to the tea party?
Of course

I was a past volunteer so I got a silver and tea party in the pre-release. I just bumped myself up to gold. So not much of a commotion for me. Fun to watch from the outside though. It's been my evening entertainment for the past 3 days.

As always, it'll be good. I won't be volunteering this time round though, so hopefully I'll get to enjoy it more as just a guest.

I know what dresses I'm wearing and how I want to coordinate them, just gotta figure out the fine details.

I live in London

As per usual, should be good. Hopefully some nice postcards to add to my wall and some novelty gifts. I do hope we unlock the 300 ticket perks, so we get some mugs. The Innocent World ones at Regalia were such a nice touch.

If you can count it as an indie vendor then Peppermint Fox. Honestly my favourite thing is the bring and buy.

I saw that Girlyhoot Kate was trying for tickets, not so keen on seeing her there, but eh, hopefully it'll be a good one.
>>
>>9422096
>>9422085
Listen out for farting in the toilet.
>>
>>9422085
Still can't believe so many people are friendy-friends and okay with her after everything.

polite sage for sort of ot
>>
>Are you going?
Yes

Gold

>Going to the tea party?
Yes

In a way I'm happy because a lot of my friends can go now, but I'm also somewhat worried that it'll be too cramped.

Should be fun.

I have one coord planned, not sure on my other.

Yes

Hopefully some sort of AP accessory. A bracelet or ring maybe? Maybe socks?

I'm hoping for some taobao brands honestly. I want more places to buy decent dresses from than just AP and the bring and buy.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes!
Bronze
>Going to the tea party?
Not unless I can get a hold of ticket between now and then
It was a little annoying. I was in charge of getting tickets for myself and two friends and I couldn't buy more than two tickets so I ended up not getting the ones we'd planned to get. We're still making a good weekend of it though so it should still be good fun. I know the organisers put blood sweat and tears into the event so I can't be too salty over it really. I'm pretty pumped to be going at all!
No idea, I've never been to something like this before.
Just about!
Yes!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VooDooooooooooDolly, Lily of the Valley, Moss Badger
>>
>>9422108
misread teaparty commotion as ticket commotion, back to bed for me
>>
>>9422045
>Are you going?
Yes!
Silver + Tea Party
>Going to the tea party?
Yes. So happy that I got a ticket
It's insane they sold out so fast 3 times, but I'm so glad I got a ticket. Feel sad for one of my friends though who tried so hard to get one but couldn't.
It'll be my first large-scale event, so I'm pretty thrilled. I'm also very interested in the two special guests. While I'm not really an AP fan girl, I'd really like to hear what their answer to people's questions will be and see how they generally are as people.
Not yet.
Yes.
Would love to see some accessories.
I don't really have any favorite indie vendors, but hope there'll be a large variety of styles and items.
>>
What questions do you guys want to ask Maki and Asuka?

I'm half expecting the inevitable "Will you ever re-release cats tea party & puppet circus?"
>>
>>9422045
>Are you going? / What tickets do you have? / Going to the tea party?
Bronze and tea party, I take forever to get ready so I don't trust myself with early bird tickets.
I'm really glad the organisers managed to get more tickets and I think they handled the situation well but desu I think they should have anticipated that more capacity was needed from the start.
They're always a lot of fun and this one should be exciting, venue is gorgeous as well. Huge turnout for AP has got me excited that this will be the biggest and best yet but I hope the AP focus doesn't result in a lack of other vendors since indie brands that aren't accessory-focused might be seen as rivals. Really excited about Maki and Asuka too. The best possible surprise would be AP giving us a tea party exclusive MTO/special set - even if I didn't like the print I'd probably make profit reserving it to resell.
I have Saturday planned and just need to buy a bag for it. No idea for Sunday as all the recent AP releases I've liked have been a bloodbath and I haven't snagged any 2017 set.
Yup! Hoping there won't be a heatwave this time so it's easier to sightsee.
IDK
I'd like to see My Inspiration vending or remote vending again, and I want to see the new Violet Fane tights in person too (any type of legwear desu). Please less vendors selling marked-up eBay accessories - if there are going to be normie vendors, a vendor selling peignoirs or vintage would be much better. I'd also like Souffle Song to remote vend again since I still regret not buying one of their heart bags last year, but since their dresses are subpar and everyone and their mum has one of those bags now I don't think anyone else would be excited for it.
>>
>>9422152
Would it be rude to ask if they were thinking of going in an original direction and veering away from doing the same shit over and over or nah
>>
>>9422065
>a bit trashy even?
IMO the trashiest bit is the afterparty and even that isn't really trashy, no matter how many jokes people make about it. It's a pretty classy event overall.
>>
>>9422065
Where did you get the the idea that it would be trashy?
>>
>>9422154
It's better to have to expand the capacity than have to push to sell more tickets if it undersells. It's a big financial risk, so this is really the only way they could do it.

The conspiracy theories about why the tickets sold out are hysterical. Do people really think snipers, clickbots and custom written code were in use?
>>
>>9422167
When K8 posted about people sniping I audibly chuckled
>>
>>9422167
True, they were probably cautious about the risk after they struggled to sell out last year.
>>
>>9422152
I want to ask if they'll re-release Honey Cake and that goddamn pancake bag, but I don't want to seem rude. It's not a collab so it's not like they can't re-release it, and I don't know if they know how popular and expensive it is in the West since it didn't sell out on release.
>>
>>9422085
The worst part is that she only wants to go because Cadney is going. She didn't even know about it until after round 1.
>>
>>9422162
What's the after party usually like?
>>
>>9422085
Why won't she just fuck off, did she change her mind about the Lolita community being horrible?
>>
>>9422204
Let's just make it hell for her again
>>
>>9422208
At this stage I'm not going to like go out my way to be bothersome to someone I've never met, but you can bet your ass she'll be screaming to be the centre of attention the whole time. Best thing we can do is pointedly ignore her.
>>
>>9422187
Take one for the team and do it anon
>>
>Are you going?
Yep. I've been to the TPC events for the past two years.
Silver
>Going to the tea party?
Yeee I got presale so I could leisurely buy my ticket in my own time.
Honestly unexpected. I've never been to the Sunday tea parties before and I was under the impression that they were a casual companion to the Saturday. I think half as many Sunday tickets were available as Saturday originally? I'm also looking forward to the after party because I have no social life and I've never been out drinking before.
Pretty much the same as others I've gone to. Hopefully AP being there will attract some good vendors. I'm interested to see what other guest there may be. I'm expecting Rose Marie Seoir to be there yet again. I'm a bit disappointed it's the same venue again.
My friend I was planning my Sunday coord last year although that was because I'd just got a pair of Baroque tights and realised I almost had a perfect coord already; I just need shoes and a headpiece. I'm sewing my Saturday coord from scratch because I realised I could be really theatrical with the theme and do an idea I've had bubbling away for a while.
I live just outside London so it only takes 40 min or so to get there.
Hopefully AP accessories. Last year's bags were a disappointed because the only wearable I got was a relatively plain ring.
Probably the regulars and a mix of different styles. I mostly hang out in the bring and buy to snag good deals on burando.
>>
>>9422085
Lol did Kate not manage to get tickets? I heard she wanted to go
>>
>>9422198
She's going? I was hoping this side of the pond I'd never have to meet her.
>>
ITT: Kate selfposting pretending to be haters for attention and asspats

On topic, when do we find out about the other perks? How likely do you think it is silver ticket holders will also get to go on the horse rides?
>>
>>9422081
>I'm just glad he hasn't gotten a tea party ticket so I won't risk being at his table.
Honestly I just hope That Guy decides that there's no point in going and sells his Saturday ticket, good riddance. I feel slightly sorry for him since he seems legitimately severely autistic but I'm pretty sure nobody will want him around after the amount of times he's gone off on one online.
>>
>>9422187
I want that bag, do it anon or I will.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes
>What tickets do you have?/Going to the tea party?
Bronze. If somehow some tea party tickets come up I'll maybe go. However this is my first time buying a ticket, I've volunteered full days the past years.
Surprised but this isn't unusual. AP don't seem to give much regard to the UK, so this is a rare chance if you can't hop along to an AP tea party in Paris.
Glitz, glamour, weird stares from tourists but having a laugh with lolitas. Hopefully won't be feeling as anxious as past years, they were very fun but it's me being an awkward lil shit. If I volunteer again I'd hopefully do a better job at opening drinks.
>not a bodyline hobbit hopefully
I wan't to wear blue and I'm eyeing some dresses.
Live close enough to travel
If you get the mug and don't want it, hook me up. Love me a good mug.
Expecting at least something AP.
Artists actually! The regulars, Jojo was a welcome vendor too.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes! So excited for my 3rd TPC event!
Bronze, I didn't want to take a higher package off a big AP fan and extra shopping time isn't important to me. I just want to see friends and enjoy the fashion shows.
>Going to the tea party?
Yes, because I've never been able to do both days before, I used to work on Sundays.
I wasn't the slightest bit surprised about it selling so fast, I started compulsively refreshing the page at 6.45pm because I know it can be a blood bath. I think it's wonderful that the organisers have worked so hard to accommodate more tea party tickets.
I am really excited because I loved the venue last year and I know it will be really special because 10th anniversary and AP
Sort of... I don't own a fancy AP main piece, so I'm going to wear my fanciest non-print dress with AP accessories. I think. I should probably post in the co-ord help thread.
I'll probably stay with friends again, or maybe at my brothers.
I won't be receiving one, but I can't wait to see the mugs!
I'd like to see Peppermint Fox again, also Miss Danger, Voodoodolly, Fantastic Grim, Lily of the Valley, Moss Badger.
I always look forward to Peacockalorum and Alchimia too.
I'm going to have to start saving...
>>
If I'm not going to the tea party, do I need to worry about wearing AP?
>>
>>9422247
He wore the same coord two days in a row last year so I REALLY wouldn't want to be sat near him.
>>
>>9422284
No, as long as you don't wear any replicas (including of shoes and bags) then you're good.
>>
>>9422220
She got Saturday tickets, no sunday ticket. I think she settled with bronze.
>>
Do you need to wear AP to the teaparty?
>>
>>9422295
No. AP are guests, not the organisers. AP won't be the only guests there.
>>
So, what is everyone's take on the theme? Are you going for a carnival or masquerade look?
>>
>>9422292
I'm having trouble finding sweet shoes that fit my 25.5cm feet that aren't replicas. Any advice?
>>
>>9422300
Antaina
>>
>>9422299
I'm probably going to ignore the theme completely. I can't think of anything I'd enjoy wearing that fits the theme properly so I'm going to run with a different idea so I don't half-ass a coord.
>>
>>9422320
Antaina sells mostly replicas you fool.
>>
What's everyone wearing? trying to figure out what the most worn print will be.
>>
>>9422279
>I started compulsively refreshing the page at 6.45pm because I know it can be a blood bath
This is just a pointless way to give yourself RSI and make it harder for you to get a ticket. 5 minutes before, max.

>>9422300
I'm not sure but I think the specific rule might have been no AP replicas, replicas of more generic Baby/IW/ETC shoes are probably fine since they're not as distinctive or as much of a personal insult to the guests. Seems like a lot of people are intending to use loliable offbrand shoes as well. One of the organisers recommended Sosicshop on Taobao even though they sell AP replicas?!
>>
>>9422358
Everyone who owns any of the coveted prints (puppet circus, CTP, honey cake etc) will definitely bring those out. I also imagine if anyone has any of their lacemonsters, we'll see those.

Otherwise I think we'll see tonnes of holy lantern, if only because it has been released to death and everyone owns it.
>>
>>9422287
Pretty sure he kept his makeup on overnight, too. I saw him on the sunday and holy hell it made me think of a toddler getting into their mother's makeup drawer
>>
>>9422292
I can't imagine how awkward it must be trying to enforce this rule.
"Hey your dress looks shitty is it a replica?"
"No."
"Don't give me that bs, show me the tags"
>>
>>9422358
I'm guessing there'll be lots of the popular AP carnival prints because of the event name.
>>
>>9422358
It sounds like there's going to be a puppet circus group and I imagine some of the most recent prints. Maybe a fair few holy lanterns because everyone and their mum must own it after all those rereleases .
>>
>>9422378
Jesus christ and he apparently goes to a makeup school.
>>
>>9422378
Any pics?
>>
>>9422380
I don't think they ever need to try to enforce it at the event as people will pretty much always comply, it's only with shoes that I think it could be an issue as people don't always know which shoes are and aren't replicas.
>>
>>9422458
Doesn't help that lolibrary is still being rebuilt lol, I want to check if any of my non-tea party shoes are replicas but the shoes aren't up yet.
>>
What's in the gold tote bags usually?
>>
>>9422152
I'd like to know if there are certain rules regarding designs: can they basically suggest any kind of design/print/pattern they want or are there certain things where it's clear from the get-go that Angelic Pretty won't do this, due to corporate image, internal regulations, or whatever? Also, how far in advance new releases are planned out.

I've never been to a Q&A with people involved in Lolita brands, so maybe it's different here, but generally I'd expect that they're not allowed to talk about things like re-releases and will answer all "Will you release ____ again some time?"-questions with "who knows" or similar.
>>
>>9422169
I can't really blame her though. Not sure how that can be done though. In general, I guess people with a good ping had an advantage.
>>
>>9422300
Maybe just go for simple Mary Janes that are available everywhere and add some cute stuff to them by yourself?
>>
>>9422815
Last year people were asking Haenuli if she was considering re-releasing certain pieces/making new dresses with the same details and motifs, but she's a lot more casual with her fans.
>>
>>9422834
they won't work with my coord.
>>
>>9422373
Eh, it gave me time to see the page go from unavailable to 'enter password' and check fb to see that the password would disappear at 7pm without freaking out, so I'm glad I did it.
>>
Already booked a hotel for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Since I wasn't able to get a tea party ticket, what is there to do in London for the Sunday that isn't typical sightseeing stuff? I don't really feel like going to the poor man's tea party meet for all of the unlucky folk.
>>
I got silver and a tea party I got really lucky and have amazing friends XD , really looking forward to this. Planning to go full on Marie Anntoinett style
>>
>>9422990
>XD
Fuck off. Stay at home. We don't want kids there.
>>
>>9422154
I don't think you have to wear a 2017 set, pretty much anything's fine as long as it's AP.
>>
>Are you going?
No, wouldn't be able to travel to abroad this year so I'm making the best of the situation and going to the AP tea party in Hamburg instead.

/Sage for OT but is anyone else coming to Hamburg?
>>
>>9422981
It's not just for unlucky folk, it was started by people who realised the options for people with any dietary needs at the Sunday tea party are consistently shite.
>>
>>9423022 why so salty an I'm 28...
>>
>>9422981
You could always wait before the teaparty and see if people are looking to get rid of their tickets last minute. There are always a few who suddenly have to work or can't afford it anymore.
>>
>>9422164
Not sure actually :')
Maybe it could be because I never love the pictures taken at the event as much as the SFE ones, could just be the photographers though. Also, maybe the venues are also less special? But as I said, this feeling could be totally wrong, at least I hope so ;p
>>
>>9423089
Yeah, the venues are just as fancy. I agree that the photogs at SFE events have been a cut above the ones at TPC, but the events are just as fancy, I promise.

>>9423070
Stop namefagging and typing like a child and people will cut out the salt.
>>
I'm excited to go to this event. Hell, I'm even happy that I received a Bronze ticket even though I don't have a tea party ticket. I'll get to explore London for a week! It'll be my first time visiting the area. That's enough to make me happy.
>>
>>9423193
Have fun anon! London is such an amazing city, it's my favorite in Europe after the one I live in. If you want some tea party on Sunday, some people are putting together this "alternative tp", which is also going to be at some really nice hotel or cafe.
>>
I originally planned on going, but after my last tea party I just realized that I'm way too socially retarded for this kind of stuff
>>
can't wait to watch kate and nina kill each other
>>
>Are you going?
yes
bronze
>Going to the tea party?
nah
salty people gonna be salty
AP will steal most of the attention and I'm fine with that. I think it'll be overall good, I enjoyed it last year.
Yes but I'm hoping to come up with something better lol
Probably, I have a family place I can stay
Like not even thinking about it
To Alice o.o do they count as indie? I still want them.
>>
>>9423354
I wish children wouldn't come to TPC events
>>
>>9422300
Try going for Western brands that can still fit the theme like Irregular Choice?
>>
File: -1132081328872095564.jpg (304KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
-1132081328872095564.jpg
304KB, 850x850px
>>9422300
Oh man, I didn't think about this. The shoes I have that suit my coord are secret shop tea parties, so looks like I'll have to try and find something else. I'm trying to find out if bodylines pic related are design replicas or not, if not hopefully some suitable brand shoes will pop up in time as I'm yet to see offbrand/normie brand shoes that look right in lolita to me personally.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes!
Silver
>Going to the tea party?
Yes!
Managed to get it in the second batch, I appreciate the effort they did in order to increase the tickets.
Hopefully worth the trip.
Not yet, the theme doesn't really match my wardrobe.
Yup.
No, idea. Saw the ones for Under the Sea, but wasn't impressed.
Someone that sells cheap hats.
>>
>>9422320
>>9422348

So just a quick note for antaina, the shop does custom shoes. Probably not in time for this event, just an fyi to keep in mind the next time you can't find the perfect shoes.
>>
>>9423040
I know, I just wanted to do it because I've already worn a lot of my older AP pieces to death, meaning a coord with them feels humdrum and not fancy tea party worthy.

>>9423390
Don't irregular choice shoes consistently get nitpicked on the CoF threads here for being hideous and not fitting the aesthetic?
>>
>>9422348
Not everything is a replica. And it's pretty much a fact that nice original genuine shit stops at size 9.
>>
>>9423471
Some Irregular Choice shoes are hideous, but some of the slightly less wacky ones could fit well with a coord.
>>
Sorry for the dumb question and for being a newfag, but who's Kate and what's her drama?
>>
>>9423580
She made a lot of drama about herself about a year or so ago and then claimed all western lolitas are evil or something, removed her online presence and then after a while came back almost pretending it never happened.
>>
>>9423195
Oh! Where can I find more info on this? I would like to go if that's ok. Thank you so much for telling me!
>>
>>9423061
Last year's tea party though, ugh
>asking staff for a certain tea
>brings coffee
>no I wanted Earl Grey
>after 30 mins brings Earl Grey
>can I get some lemon for my tea?
>lemon never arrives

also

>turn up late
>I need vegetarian option
>politely ask staff for my afternoon tea
>never get anything
>ffs

Yeah, last year was shite

I've only been to the Regalia and Wicked and Whimsy ones, and the Regalia one was a LOAD better. We got so much food there was enough for everyone to have double and more, They just kept bringing stuff. Also so much tea, so much choice.
>>
>>9424303
Sorry anon, but I'm just so happy to hear about this. I hate tea and only drink coffee.
>>
>>9423434
I got some custom shoes for Regalia from them. I ordered direct from them and the whole process only took about a month.
>>
>>9424092
Don't get too excited anon, it'll probably be cramming as many lolitas as you can into a cafe.
>>
>>9424092
Check the comments under the last few posts about the tea party on the fb event page, Louisa is organizing it.

>>9424359
From what I gathered they want to book some nice venue and have a raffle, as well as a lolita pub quiz. Doesn't sound too shitty.
>>
>>9424359
Shady anon. Who's to say no one else can organise a successful tea party other than Kyra and Michaela. Louisa helped out at tea parties and events before you were even wearing petticoats, child. Too shitty, it definitely won't be.
>>
>>9424092
It's a private event so you need to be invited to see it, you can send a pm to Louisa, she's actually super nice despite the resting bitch face!
Contact her on Facebook xx
>>
>Are you going?
Yes! I can't wait!
I have a silver.
>Going to the tea party?
Nope. I have zero interest in it.
It sucks they sold out so fast, but that's the nature of these things. You're not entitled to a ticket because you "luv AP the most"
I love the venue, I'm looking forward to the AP pop up shop mostly! That and the Bring and Buy.
Yup! Going for 2010 OTT Sweet, I have most of the main pieces but I'll be making a load of accessories.
I hope so! The friend I'm going with has a place in London, and we stayed there last time, so I think that's whats happening.
I hope there's less paper stuff and more actual merchandise.
Peppermint Fox is really the main one, but I mostly go for the second hand brand.
>>
>Are you going?
Yes!
>What tickets do you have? / Going to the tea party?
Gold + teaparty
Not too surprised by it. It's AP and the 10th anniversary, of course it's going to sell fast. Very happy that they managed to get more tickets, I only got mine in the second batch.
Beautiful coords, amazing clothes in general and most of all lots of catching up with people I rarely see.
In a way... I basically have 3 coords planned, but don't know which one to choose.
Yes
No idea really. Hopefully some accessory from AP or something.
All of them!
>>
>>9424559
Highly doubt that given that I've been wearing lolita upwards of ten years, but whatever you say Louisa.
>>
>>9424663
Do we know how or many people got Gold tickets? I got gold too and I am curious to know just how lucky I was.
>>
>>9424667
I think it'll be about 60 - 80 people.
>>
>>9424670
80? That's way too many, that doesn't feel exclusive at all. I was thinking max. 40.
>>
>>9424671
Given that there's three rows of front row seats, with 10 - 15 in a row, it's more than 40. Plus literally all of my friends have gold tickets, and I doubt my comm was the only place that got really lucky.
>>
And with over 300 tickets now sold the extra perks are unlocked! I wasn't too bothered about getting a mug but I am looking forward to the photobooth because the purikura place in London has been shut for almost two years now.
>>
>>9424303
Our table for wicked and whimsy was in the corner so we never got a tea refill and the staff hardly ever swung our way
>>
>>9424732
I'm so glad they're bringing back the photobooth! I love the photographs I took with my friends last time.
>>
>>9424732
I found carrying the mug around at Regalia kind of cumbersome...
>>
>>9424840
Yes, it was a nice thought. However due to the lack of packaging, it was actually really difficult to travel with. I know a fair few people actually broke theirs.
>>
Is anybody else kind of worried that with the problems of the last tea parties, this one is going to be even more chaotic because there's more people?
>>
>>9425511
I suspect that after last year's issues, the team have gone back to the venue with feedback. I imagine this happened before they even re-booked for this year and may even have been a condition for returning. This is all wild speculation.

How much money is everyone planning on spending? I usually try to limit myself to sub £150-£200, but if AP bring anything new that I want I may have to save a lot more.
>>
>>9422045
>Are you going?
Yes
Gold
>Going to the tea party?
No, wasn't interesting
Really nice of them to try and accommodate more people.
Lots of clothes to buy, a fun mini game during lunch and hopefully I'll get a lucky ticket for the raffle for once.
Not yet, too much choice that I need to whittle it down.
Yes
Cute cards, a poster and accessories
Fantastic Grimm, since they came to event with meta I keep buying from their table every time.
>>
>>9425589
I think I'll be taking £500+ because I always spend a lot on clothes. It's my birthday shopping spree time
>>
>>9425589
As much as possible.
>>
>>9423386
I wish sandy vaginas would just stop trying so hard to sound mature. Like fuck people use emotes all the time to convey things, it's common use these days.
>>
How screwed am I if I'm attending alone on Saturday? My friend backed out.
>>
>>9426246
>emotes
>on 4chan

lurk moar, friendo

>>9426949
You'll be fine. I am going alone and I prefer it that way, it means I can browse the stalls at my leisure, and don't have to worry about finding seats together for the fashion shows or other activities. You may even end up talking to new people, if people ask about your outfit or you ask about theirs. It's good fun as a lone lolita.
>>
>>9426952
Thanks anon, that's reassuring.
>>
>>9426949
I'm going alone too anon so don't worry.
>>
>>9426949
I always meet new people and make friends at TPC events.
If you are really worried, volunteer or sign up for modelling and you will get to meet loads of people and have a bit of structure to your day.
>>
>>9428226
Modelling is definitely what makes the events for me. I like that it breaks up the day a bit and gives me something to do (and I'm an incredibly schedule driven person). A lot of modelling is just waiting for your turn to get up on stage so you get talking to the people you're with and in the chaos of the changing room everyone forms a kind of camaraderie. Although I've had friends be at events with me I typically do go alone and it's fine because everyone is really friendly.
>>
>>9426949
i'm going alone too because tfw no friends and severe social anxiety
>>
>>9426949
>>9428336
Have you tried posting in the event's friend making group? It's a great way to arrange to meet with someone at the event. You can speak to them several months prior to the event, so that things are less awkward when you meet them in person.
>>
I'm going alone too. It's my first big Lolita event in fact. I'm still new to the fashion and I'm freaking out. Why did I think I could handle this...
Curse my anxiety!
>>
>>9428654
i actually joined like a few days after it was announced and i made a post there but it didn't get any replies so i've fully committed to the lolita hermit crab lifestyle wwww (i'm >>9428336 btw)
>>
>>9429311
Maybe we should go alone together. I might make a post in the group soon when i've built up enough courage.
>>
>>9429174
You can do it, anon, it will definitely be worth pushing through that anxiety. Is there anything in particular that is making you anxious?

>>9429311
>>9429335
What ticket types have you gulls got? Happy to chill. This goes for any nervous lone lolita anons, if you want to hang.
>>
>>9429358
I'm the anxious anon. I got a bronze ticket and my main issue is just being that person that stands around looking lost. Think the John Travolta gif but more awkward and less funny.
>>
>>9429377
As another anon said, the day has some structure to it so you'll have plenty of opportunity to sit down and watch shit on the stage. As for the rest of the day, I usually end up doing several loops around the shopping stuff, which is a task that keeps you looking busy, if that's something you're worried about.

You got any coord plans?
>>
>>9429335
>>9429358
cgl: bringing lone lolitas together
i'm bronze too (i'm >>9429311 hi again) and i'm looking forward to the event stuff but when it comes to dealing with strangers especially ones that know each other i just panic.png
>>
>>9426949
I made friends thru a line group chat, maybe try making one for this event?
>>
>>9424840
Then give it to me. :^)
>>
>>9429447
Honestly I don't have any yet. I have one dress that i've worn to a meet but i don't want to be the person that is infamously known for wearing the same coord.
My birthday is coming up soon and my mum has agreed to get me a dress. Nothing gothic though... She thinks that black women shouldn't wear anything gothic. I'll find something anyway. I believe in taobao.
>>
>>9430156
You have to be 18 to use this site.
>>
Head table tickets are up. Anyone going to try for one?
>>
>>9430347
and im 20 from a very close knit family.

Sorry your family doesn't care about you
>>
>>9430405
No, but I'm interested to see what price they're going to fetch. I remember Meta head table tickets sold fairly cheap. I can't remember the price the IW ones went for, but it was much higher than Meta.
>>
>>9430412
>close knit
Is this what we called sheltered and coddled now?

Buy your own dress, go ap. your mom may not believe in black but they do.
>>
>>9430156
Thanks for telling me. I am over 18 btw. Thanks for adding to my anxiety problem. I now might consider selling my ticket if people like you are going to be there.
>>
>>9430417
Good. Fuck off. Give somebody with a backbone a ticket.
I don't want to socialise with autists.
>>
>>9430416
I'm not the one who said that but I'm in a similar situation. We're are just a close family and we see each other a lot. Nothing wrong with that. Or is there?

She just wants to give a gift but unfortunately it's not the style i'm hoping for. Still, nothing wrong with that.
I've looked at ap and nothing has caught my eye right now or is available new or second hand. And IW never fit me right.
>>
>>9430419
Thanks. I will. You win!
>>
>>9430428
Anon plz come! I'm >>9429447 btw. Nobody is going to behave like that one anon IRL, people are friendly.

>>9430419
Takes one to know one m8.
>>
>>9430428
>>9430477
People will if you're awkward as fuck. They'll talk shit about you after the event too, just look at emoji dress girl.
>>
>>9430497
People will absolutely come here and be arseholes. No denying that.

That's easily avoided by not posing for photos and not posting coord pics publicly. It also helps not to act like a total dick, and to dress okay, but really those first two things are the best way to avoid cgl's attention.

As long as you aren't a colossal cunt and don't dress horribly, you'll mostly be ignored.
>>
>>9430497
honestly don't care about this thread drama but i'm curious about this emoji girl what's the story behind that lmao this is my first year actually participating in comm stuff so some of the stuff in this thread about specific cunty members make me like eyes emoji
>>
>>9430544
Some smelly girl came in a homemade emoji print jsk
>>
>>9430544
Emoji girl caused some comm drama. From what I heard she was loud and obnoxious at meets. And was generally rude towards other comm members. Then she wore an emoji dress. That's it basically.
>>
>>9430561
Pics?
>>
>>9430569
I'm not in that comm. I believe she made posts about the aftermath on Facebook. I think her name's Jelly, or something?
>>
File: emoji dress.jpg (105KB, 887x960px) Image search: [Google]
emoji dress.jpg
105KB, 887x960px
>>9430569
this her at regalia, right photo is her cood for the fashion show.
>>
File: moldy cream doughnuts.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
moldy cream doughnuts.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
>>9430653
Shes also the one who did that moldy cream doughnut coord.
>>
>>9430544
>>9430561
She got banned from a comm near me and I'm not sure why. Does anyone know the deets or was it just a case of being generally rude and annoying?
>>
>>9430673
basically for being a bitch and a bully it was discussed a lot after regalia you can probably find it in the archive if you want to know more. Lets not derail the thread too much though by discussing Jelly. I think shes still banned so wont be at this event i shouldn't think.
>>
>>9430653
Fuck I remember seeing her about the first time I attended too, creepy girl.
>>
>>9430680
It's possible to be banned from all events?

>>9430156
>She thinks that black women shouldn't wear anything gothic.
What's your preferred substyle?
>>
>>9430688
She caused shit at regalia so i should think so. I hope she isn't allowed back.
>>
I'm sat here laughing at whoever is battling it out on the head table tickets this early on in the auctions.

Just making it more difficult for yourselves when it comes to the end, where myself, and probably dozens of others who are willing to drop cash dolla on that shit, will just snipe it out from under your noses. No need to get so stressed so early on, my friends.
>>
>>9430712
They're all on £66 now and have been for a while. Good luck on whoever is planning to snipe near the end.
>>
>>9430800
What price do you think they will go for? I'm thinking it could reach as much as £300, if not more.
>>
>>9430706
Makes me even more curious about what she could have done as comms put up with some real shit burgers
>>
>>9430818
IW went to £800 and I'm sure it'll top IW
>>
>>9430673
I'd not heard any accusations of bullying or bitchiness. IIRC the "official" reason she got kicked was that she volunteered to help at the event, caused a lot of trouble for organisers and didn't do any of the stuff she was supposed to do, then collected the present for volunteers at the end even though she didn't actually volunteer. She also brought barely any money to London and sponged off the people she was staying with all weekend, trying to guilt-trip them into paying for expensive stuff for her.

I met her and she wasn't rude in my experience, but she seemed like she had Aspergers or something. She was kind of weird to interact with but seemed to be making a lot of effort to be friendly and "help" newbies so I shrugged it off. I've met plenty of harmless weird people at meets so I was surprised when she behaved badly enough to get banned.

sage for old drama
>>
>>9430512
>That's easily avoided by not posing for photos and not posting coord pics publicly.
Maybe if you're super fragile but nice photos in a nice setting is a lot of fun, it'd be a shame to spend the whole event hiding from photographers because you're scared some anon is going to shit-talk you online.
>>
>>9423271
that would be splendid to spectate
>>
So, how different are the organizers of TPC and SFE? I know that some of the English crew are common members. I've been to the last TPC events and they were very nice, but Omnia Vanitas was very lacking and mediocre in both amenities and location, and I was wondering how it can be the same people that organized something so subpar?
>>
>>9431312
I think the way it works is that there is one head organiser from each country, and then the host comm's usual organisers all band together to help. However, Kyra's in charge of it all, as it was her idea, hence why the first SFE event was held in London. So I think the whole TPC team helps with the organisation of the events. But most of it is up to the host comm's organisation skills which is why the standard differs.
>>
>>9430512
Or just ignore it or maybe even try to improve? What the fuck is wrong with people taking everything so seriously. Does it really matter what some anonymous cunt thinks about you? Not everyone is going to like you anyway and somebody will probably think worse things.
>>
>>9431312
How was Omnia Vanitas subpar? It was ten times better than La Vie En Rose and almost as nice as Amsterdam.

Also, as other anons suggested, different organizers. Too many cooks spoil the broth, especially when it comes to event organization. TPC has a small, strong leadership and it shows, while SFE is a bunch of people from all over Europe and that can get really complicated.
>>
>>9422085
Did she not get a ticket? Magical.
>>
>>9431518
just a bronze i think.
>>
>>9431428
I meant subpar compared to TPC events. It was my first SFE event so I have no idea if it was worse or better than the previous ones
>>
What's SFE?
>>
>>9431536
Ah, I see! Well, my statement stands: Too many people involved. Kyra and Mica are goddesses of event planning, but there is just so much you can do away from your home-turf, while trying to juggle all the requirements, wishes and ideas of 6+ international and ~5 local staff members.
That's one reason our comm does not want to get involved with SFE, we want to spare ourselves the problem of organizing a huge event via facebook chats and skype calls.

>>9431571
Street Fashion Europe, an organisation of lolitas from all over Europe who organize a bug event in a different country every year.
>>
>>9431518
No doubt she will be dropping big money on trying to get a head table ticket. I don't know if she has a lucrative job (outside of modelling for real estate photos) or otherwise, but she seems to be rolling in the benjamins.

I pity whichever poor soul gets to sit close enough to see her horrible make up application.
>>
>>9431609
Kind of want to get a loan to outbid everyone now just to make sure she doesn't go.
>>
>>9431524
Doesn't want to be in the noob category with us I see, she'll most likely get one.
>>
>>9431667
She just got tickets
>>
>>9432780
Meant she'll be bidding hard for those head table tickets.
>>
>>9432790
She just bought a teaparty ticket from someone. Why bother if she's willing to shell out a fortune for a head table ticket. Though the bidding isn't as high as I expected yet.
>>
If you volunteer, do you have to commit to helping out all day? Or do you pick shifts and can still do activities you really want to do? Thinking of volunteering but I don't want to miss the Q&A.
>>
>>9433015
You're allocated a 1 hour shift at random. However if you don't want to volunteer in the event time, you can volunteer before or after the event. You can request a shorter or longer shift.
>>
>>9432958
Oh god I hope she's not on my table
>>
>>9433040
I wouldn't worry about that; there will be plenty of people wanting to sit with Kate. Either for the drama, or because they're her friend. I doubt there will be any spare seats around her table.
>>
>>9433049
I wouldn't want to sit near her make up caked face, I would want to ask if she's looking into buy an animal souvenir from the uk if I was seated near her.
>>
>>9433076
Neither would I. But I know how far some people are stuck up her petticoat.
>>
>>9433015
new to comm so dumb question ahoy lmao
how do you apply to volunteer?
>>
>>9433185
They'll put a post on the event page when they start looking for volunteers and you just send an email.
>>
>>9433185
They will put out a call nearer the time. Full time volunteers they will take on I believe any number? Part time there is a limit. Just watch the page and keep an eye out.
Full time volunteers are expected to dress at least smartly/lolita but you get in for free.
>>
>>9433015
If you don't have a ticket then you have to do it all day and they tend to rotate those people around different roles throughout the day. Volunteers with tickets only do about an hour and that could even be helping set up or take down outside of event hours. They try to accommodate for when people might want to see something on the stage or for models, but there's no guarantee. I think the roles available are set up, checking tickets, serving in the salon, watching a stall or bring and buy. God help if you get assigned to the chaos of the bring and buy.
>>
Might be a dumb question, but why do TPC and SFE announce non-headline guests so late? It makes it hard to decide whether to buy a ticket in advance when the headline guest isn't stellar, and if you want to pay homage to an indie brands attending you don't have enough advance warning to be able to buy/plan a coord with their pieces. If it's to build hype, wouldn't it build more hype to announce the bigger indies earlier? Thinking about how last year Chantilly, Baroque etc weren't announced until after the main ticket sale, similar issue with Omnia Vanitas.
>>
Praying you don't act like this irl cause this'll get people to talk about you.
>"did you see that sperging cunt?"
>>
>>9433691
IDK anon but it bothers me too, I had a stress dream the other night that Royal Princess Alice were announced as a guest last minute but I couldn't afford to buy anything from them because I'd spent all my money on AP.
>>
>>9433691
sorry you're too poor to afford brand
>>
Can somebody tell me what the afterparty is usually like?

It's my first time going to a TPC event and I'm quite anxious around people drinking alcohol but I don't really want to not go and miss out on a big part of the weekend.
>>
>>9433691
I'm guessing they probably book a headline guest and then wait for ticket sales to see if they can book other guests as well?
>>
>>9434086
>implying Chantilly or Baroque are significantly cheaper than AP or Baby
>>
>>9422045

>Are you going?
Yep

Silver (It was difficult but I got it! )

>Going to the tea party?
Yep

I found wonderful open more sales. A friend who missed out first as I only got the 3 attempt

I've never been to any big lolita events. You'll be my first, I'm super nervous!

YES! I'm super excited to be able to make an outfit ahead of time and with all the difficulties of living in a country that sucks to get lolita things

Yes, I'll be in the house of my boyfriend who lives in London.

I was happy when they announced the so famous mug

Voodoodolly, Fantastic Grim ...
>>
one of the awkward gulls from above
what tips do people have for getting on public transport in lolita - i did it in cosplay once (homestuck to make it that much more embarrassing for me to look back on) but i had people with me to block out whether people were watching us while this time i'll be alone and i'm anxiety.png
>>
>>9434158
It's fine, it's nothing too heavy and you can always leave early if you don't want to see people get too drunk. I left at 10:30 last year because I had to get public transport home and most people were just giggly. The location is usually somewhere with a lot of places to eat around if you want to go and do that instead.
>>
>>9434729
What kind of public transport? Trains and the underground are a completely different beast to public buses.
>>
>>9434779
i'll be getting the train because my station is on direct route from oxford to paddington
>>
>>9434780
I usually just put my headphones in and concentrate on where I'm going. I don't tend to notice people's reactions then. I have noticed people seem to care less in London than where I live, either that or they're generally more subtle about it
>>
>>9434780
I got the train last year and most people didn't even look, nobody said anything. It's London and it's not a huge deal.

It was much more stressful walking the few hundred metres from the underground to the venue, since it's a district with a lot of tourists who already have their cameras out.
>>
>>9434729
Honestly, you'll find people in London won't particularly care. You'll get the odd tourist wanting to take your photograph. But even that's pretty rare. It's such a fast paced environment that people don't really pay each other much mind. You'll find walking to the venue, is where people whip out their cameras. You'll more than likely bump into other lolitas on the journey– as I've done every year.
>>
>>9434818
>>9435288
Pall Mall in lolita is the worst. Last year the tourist buses actually stopped outside the venue to take picture of us queuing up. I know we look weird but we're people, not zoo animals. It's definitely tourist and not native Londoners that are the problem.
>>9434810
Most people also won't bother you if they see you have headphones in. I think it's probably seeing you do something mundane that helps to humanise you and they think twice before doing something.
>>
>>9434201
But they've always sold out
>>
>>9435390
They didn't sell out last year, but they still managed to afford guests.
>>
Is the creepy 40 year old and her not Lolita sugar daddy comming again?
>>
>>9436454
Did they attend Regalia? I can't say I remember seeing anyone like that. But I must admit, I was lurking in the BnB most of the day. So I missed a lot.
>>
>>9436525
They went to Wicked and Whimsey
>>
>>9436454
I've heard stories but i've never seen them. Anyone got pictures?
>>
>>9436542
I wasn't able to make it to W&W. You got any pics?
>>
>>9436454
Kek she dropped her sugar daddy for some man she met in Disneyland Orlando, she will probably be living in the US with him by then.
>>
In other news, The first head table ticket has about 20 mins to go and its up to £244.

God bless the bank account of whoever is going for the snipe.
>>
File: 1C5A0813-copy_1.jpg (383KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0813-copy_1.jpg
383KB, 2000x1333px
>>9436547
She's a bit cringey but he genuinely creeps me out. I'm part of the local sewing group too and they regularly go together and he just sits around watching everyone.
>>
File: 1C5A0806-copy_1.jpg (297KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0806-copy_1.jpg
297KB, 2000x1333px
>>9436724
>>
First head table tea party ticket just sold for £254.00. Cheaper than what I expected.
>>
>>9436724
Why is he at every meet? They're not together anymore and he still comes? she's way too old for those sweet coords.
>>
>>9436734
Wow. That all? I'm kinda disappointed...
>>
>>9436738
I think she doesn't like going out alone? She's 41 and still love stuffed toys so I don't think she's all right in the head, and she's not all that socially aware. She was loudly skyping the disney guy while at a meet with the sugar daddy there and discussing marrying him for the visa. Honestly I'll be so glad when she moves and can terrorise Florida instead.
>>
>>9436749
The last ticket will reach the highest value. The second ticket just sold for £272.00. I don't think the last two tickets are going to go for huge amounts though.
>>
>>9436779
That's so fucking low though, I'm shocked.
>>
>>9436454
He was a sugar daddy? I thought he was her husband. tf would you invite a sugar daddy to the tea party?
>>
>>9436847
Honestly their relationship is so weird and noone seems to know what it is. I think at one point even siblings was being thrown around.
>>
£347 for ticket #3!
>>
>>9436905
Still way l lower than I expected.
>>
>>9436940
I'm kind of disappointed desu, the money goes back into the event so I'd hoped they'd all sell for crazy prices.
>>
>>9436905
£220 for final ticket, disappointing effort.
>>
>>9436979
>>9436998
this is what happens when you churn out three lots of tea party tickets and make it less exclusive.
>>
What did the IW tickets go for? I remember the Meta tickets didn't even reach £200.00.
>>
>>9437034
200-300+ I think.
>>
>>9437008
They didn't exactly churn them out, there were still dozens of people who got neither.
>>
>>9437068
there are a lot more people with tickets this year than ever before.
>>
>>9437101
Why is that a problem?
>>
>>9437101
because of increased demand because AP are coming. APfags should have driven up the prices of the head table tickets too.
>>
Are RoseMarie Seoir pretty much guaranteed to be there again? I wanted to buy some accessories from them but if they're coming back I'll wait.
>>
>>9437239
It's likely.
>>
>>9436847
They are married, or were married. She doesn't seem to have a job so her money must come from somewhere.
>>
How OTT are people going? I feel like most of the English comms are quite subdued in style and accessories and not majorly OTT. Will people go more crazy for AP? Or do simple classy coordinates?

(Excluding Kate turning up)
>>
>>9438292
Saturday I'm doing pretty OTT and theatrical but not piling a million things on my head; Sunday I'm doing an elegant blouse and skirt coord. I'd say every year there's about 10 stand out crazy OTT coords, most people do more OTT than coords for other meets (getting out their special fancy stuff) and there's a few regular coords.
>>
>>9436724
how did i know when someone asked about the 40 year old they meant this woman
every time i see pictures of her on otome sewing bee i'm like Yikes
>>
>>9438292
Both of my coords are fairly simple. My coords aren't OTT, as I want some space in my suitcase for whatever I may purchase. However both of my coords do require large headwear.

At the moment I'm wearing nothing because I can't find a major component for my coord on Saturday.
>>
>>9438292
i usually go more OTT on the Saturday and fancy but less OTT on the Sunday. Sunday is the day i usually spend catching up with friends and most of it is spent sat around the table anyway so i'm not going to go too crazy.
>>
>>9438335
She's the only creepy 40 year old in the comm?
>>
>>9438341
I do the opposite, since you're sat down most of Sunday and there's a lot more time for photo ops. Saturday involves a lot of standing and walking as well as having to carry stuff you bought around, so I want to be comfy.
>>
>>9438537
I can't decide which way to do this, help me anons.
>>
>>9438615
>>9438537
I dont normally do much shopping on the Saturday which is why i go more OTT. If you are going to probably be doing more shopping save your fanciest coord for Sunday.
>>
>>9438615
There are usually more people and more circulating on the Saturday, so more people will see your coord. Or if most of your friends aren't going to the tea party, wear the fancier one on Saturday.

The brand guests usually pick a favourite coord at the tea party as well, so you could consider that even though it's unlikely you'll be picked and they don't always pick OTT.
>>
>>9438292
It's 50-50 OTT versus normal AP coords on my friends list. I try to wear stuff that I can't wear to wear at normal meets, even if the coord isn't really OTT - rare/expensive pieces, stuff that's easily mistaken for a cosplay, looks too maid-y, looks like a wedding dress, whatever.

>>9438615
Sunday's venue was a lot cooler than Saturday's, so if you really can't decide wear the warmer one to the tea party.
>>
The special guests choose favorite co-ords on the Sunday and award prizes, you get a lot more interaction with them as well so that may be something to think about
>>
RoseMarie seoir just announced and no surprises there.
>>
>>9442382
I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind them at SFE events, but this is lolita specific and every year they still invite this non lolita brand as one of the main guest. Leave the spot for an actual lolita brand please.
>>
>>9442382
I don't understand the hype around this brand at all. Their slot in the fashion show at Regalia was awful. They didn't bring enough stock. They sold dresses to people, and asked for them to be collected later to be worn by the models. Inevitable they didn't have enough clothing for the fashion show. One of the models was in tears. A really shitty situation all round.
>>
What lolita guests would everyone like to see?
>>
>>9442405
I don't get it either anon, each to their own so I don't mind them being invited even though they're not my personal taste, but the fact that they're here every fucking year rankles a bit.
>>
>>9439835
time to swap my ott coord for sunday and my basic bitch coord for saturday
>>
>>9443947
Sunday's venue is also nicer, in my opinion. There's more photograph opportunities on Sunday too. Do it, anon!
>>
>>9444022
Where even is the Sunday venue? And are there any pics of past years? I only ever seem to see Saturday pics.
>>
>>9444035
Sunday's venue is The Royal Horseguards. I wasn't able to attend last year. However I have been to the hotel before. The decor is really fancy. I'm not sure what section of the hotel the tea party is being held in. I believe there's several dining rooms. I heard the food wasn't very nice last year though.
>>
>>9443857
I wonder if she maybe pays her own expenses, so that's why she always gets invited?
>>
>>9444064
I thought the food was really good, we had smoked salmon sandwiches and everything. I've paid £30 for high teas with worse. The issue was that the service was poor, especially catering to dietary needs, meaning some tables were left with platefuls of stuff they couldn't eat and other tables ran out quick (there was actually quite a lot of food left over at the end, but with how long the event goes on, most of the sandwiches were dried up and gross by that point). IMO it was more of a distribution issue than the actual food.
>>
>>9444165
Yes, that's what I heard. I have special dietary needs, but I've just learnt to eat lunch before arriving. I didn't think much of the food at Regalia.
>>
What's the breakfast like on Saturday?
>>
>>9444728
what breakfast?
>>
>>9446198
Gold ticket only with the guest
>>
>>9444728
I want to know too. Might eat breakfast before leaving in the morning, just in case the food is bad.
>>
>>9444728
At Regalia, it was just a continental breakfast– that was available throughout the day to the other guests. We were also handed a glass of Prosecco. I'd suggest you go for breakfast before arriving to the event, because I found I didn't really have time to grab anything to eat. What with taking photographs with the guests, and catching up with people. I'm not sure whether the breakfast was the same at W&W though.
>>
>>9447194
Like fry up?
>>
>>9447487
A continental breafast is cereal, toast, coffee, orange juice etc, not a fry-up.
>>
The aircon is superior at the Sunday venue which is a godsend for OTT
>>
>>9447522
I wanted a fry up
>>
>>9447580
Pleb
>>
>>9447599
Sorry you're incapable of keeping baked beans off your burando, you neanderthal.
>>
Can anyone remember roughly when they usually ask for modelling applications?
The photo I used last year qas still from my 1st ever meet, 3 years ago. Just trying to work out if I'm likely to have time to get a newer pic sorted, given that I don't go to many meets.
>>
>>9452416
I know I sent my email right when they asked last year so I just checked and it was 7th July. Sometime it takes a while for the designers to pick models but I got a reply on 8th August. I'm using photos from last year's fashion show in my application this year.
>>
>>9452576
Thanks.
I was going to do the same but I don't think I have a good headshot with the fashion show pics. I will have a look through and see if anyone of them would work well when cropped.
I should still have time to arrange another picture if not.
>>
How much money does everyone generally spend?
>>
>>9455580
Working in the bring and buy room, I've seen girls splash 300-1000 in the blink of an eye. Some girls put themselves on a budget 50-100/200 is what I'd consider fun, normal spending.
>>
>>9455679
>>9455580
Yeah I'm thinking of a happy medium. I definitely want money to spend, but I don't want to go overboard. Probably £500 for the whole weekend, which is to cover food costs as well.
>>
>>9455679
Every other year I have spent under £200. Last year I sold enough in the b&b to break even on that, so that effectively I spent £0.

This year I'm planning on bringing about £1000. I already have £400 saved up ready. I may not spend it all, but I want the option to.
>>
>>9455580
I've been to 2 TPC events- the 1st one I went to I spent about £80, the 2nd one about £150. I had a budget of £100 the 1st time and £200 the 2nd time but didn't see anything else I really wanted. This year I'm going to have a bigger budget but a stricter wishlist - hope to save up £250 but I won't buy a main piece unless I see a dream item in the bring and buy or one of the brands attending comes out with a release I adore between now and then.
>>
>>9456108
>ITT: Rich people
>2k for one fucking weekend.
Mail that shit to me so that I can put it to better use.
>>
>>9456223
Maybe if you stopped being a child, learned how to sage, and got a job instead of leeching off your parents, you'd have that money.
>>
>>9456223
I'm definitely not rich, but I'm saving all year for it. My favourite brand will be there and I always find stuff in the B&B. I get to save on customs fees and shipping if I buy there.
>>
>>9456223
For some regular people, it is a shopping experience and so we save our money for it plus we meet people behind the brands we love.
I would hate see you meeting any brides buying their dress.
>>
>>9456223
I work full time and do this in lieu of a holiday.
>>
>>9456223
I work 40 hours a week, motherfucker, I don't spend 1k on one weekend because I am responsible.
>>
>>9456402
I paid $100 for my bridal gown: MSRP $500--I don't waste money on 'experiences', even the priciest burando is a better idea because I get to keep it! I was brought up to value money.
>>
How was the welcome meet yesterday?
Did they make an announcements about DMC?
>>
>>9456763
How is it not responsible? tea party club events are basically my yearly break where I can hang out with my friends and just do shopping.
>>
>>9456809
It wasn't much of a tea party. Everyone only got one cup of tea. I feel a little ripped off. No announcements on DMC.
>>
>>9455580
>>9455679
I save up all year to splash out in the dealers room and the bring and buy. I don't see an issue with spending a lot if you're sensible about it.
>>
>>9457623
Plus the room was tiny and there wasn't enough food.
>>
>>9456769
ok, now you told the plebs what your responsible life is like, what next, you never attended any events or meets because they cost money and you're such an responsible adult?
>>
>>9457629
I think all of the money went towards the venue hire and they had to wing the rest of it. Last year's welcome tea party was significantly better.
>>
>>9457623
Yup, no variety of teas, only offered tea half way through the meet. Also I hate buffet style teas. Sure you don't have to figure out who you're sharing with, but then at least you don't have to keep getting up if you want more than one scone and you can tell who's touched which piece of food. Also felt kinda ripped off.
>>
>>9457654
The vegans also got those weird salads.
And the staff were rude.
>>
>>9457668
those weird salads looked better than the sandwiches
>>
>>9457654
I was last in the queue and there were almost no sandwiches left. Glad I had eaten not too long before I went.
>>
The majority of people went out to grab food afterwards, it was that bad. I only got one cup of tea.

I wish I had taken advantage of the pre-ordering off Wunderwelt instead of just banking on what stock they were going to bring as it wasn't much at all.
>>
>>9457815
I don't get how they can call it "buffet style" when they did not restock any of the food afterwards
>>
I am so glad other people are raising issues about the venue! If any tea parties are held there in the future I will not attend. £40 for a buffet-style tea where people don't get enough food because it is not replenished and where the only tea choice (served only at the end, mind) is English breakfast is ludicrous. The cakes didn't taste good either. I feel bad for the vegans who only got a salad. Some tea.

I was a little surprised by the Wunderwelt stock... The most popular response in the request survey was for Angelic Pretty but I barely saw any AP on sale. The door gifts were nice though.
>>
>>9456809
It was shit. The only good thing was the gifts.
>>
>>9456223
That actually isn't a lot if you think about it. Out if country people are going to be staying longer than the weekend, and then you are planning for buying brand too.

Saving that much for vacation is pretty normal in a pricey city like London.
>>
>>9456809
There were one or two questionable Lolitas
>>
>>9459482
I actually thought the overall standard was pretty damn high though. Better than some bigger events perhaps...
>>
>>9459515
Yeah I think everyone looked nice that I saw, pleased that people made an effort
>>
Where are people staying in London? I kind of want to get a hotel where other lolitas are staying.
>>
>>9466411
I'm staying at The Castleton Hotel, near Paddington station. At least one of my friends is also staying there.
>>
>>9466540
Z hotel, it is only a couple minutes from Saturday venue
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.