[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanart Cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

This is why No Flutter designs just don't work in person. Also unless I told you would you have any idea this was supposed to be Sailor Mars?
>>
The fanart for reference.

And I'll be the first to say the construction of the cosplay is solid but the proportioning of the pieces is pretty bad.
>>
>>9415164
>the proportioning of the pieces is pretty bad.

This. The girl not suiting the design is part of the problem with that, but the issue is mostly that all of the detailing is out of scale on the costume, it's all oversized and chunky when it needed to be somewhat delicate.

The paint on the bow is a problem too, it's such a prominent prop that it really detracts from the whole thing. I think the only way to do it well would have been to lightly mix paint in a large trough and then dip the parts. (Or cast it out of dyed resin but that would have been a nightmare.)
>>
I do think fanart cosplay can work, but it's definitely not working here.
>>
I think almost it's too true to the design. This is an issue with anything - something drawn is a lot different than something actually in 3d that needs to be wearable.

People need to take an aspect of artistic license and play with it. In the artwork, it's all armour but armour isn't form fitting, it's clunky (like how the end result turned out)

She should have used a mix of materials to get the lower bodice/abdomen/stomach/whatever area to be form fitting to fit the artwork. It just makes her looks shapeless as a result.
>>
>>9415959
This. You can take inspiration from fan art but you have to adapt it to fit for your body and use materials that would look good IRL. Going exact isn't always a good idea
>>
>fanart cosplay

REEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY HOBBY STOP DRESSING UP AS NON CANON CHARACTERS AND CLAIMING THEY'RE A CANON CHARACTER THIS ISN'T REAL COSPLAY GET OUUUUUT
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.