[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KERA magazine and Gothic Lolita Bible cease publication

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 21

File: 0313KERA05.jpg (650KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
0313KERA05.jpg
650KB, 595x842px
"The monthly Japanese fashion magazine KERA - launched in 1998 with the concept of “the most real Harajuku Street Magazine” - will publish their final print issue on April 15, 2017. After that date, the magazine will shift to digital only. Also, publication of KERA!’s famous “Gothic & Lolita Bible” will be suspended on May 24th."

In:

http://tokyo-fashion.tumblr.com/post/158958234438/harajuku-subculture-magazine-kera-to-cease-print

https://www.wwdjapan.com/405593
>>
>>9413134
It's almost April fools, most people start around this time with there joke.
I'll believe it when it's still the case on April 2th.
>>
It was just a matter of time I guess.
>>
Sooo is Harajuku fash as we knew it dead for good?
Brb crying while reading old EGL posts
>>
>>9413134
I hate that harajuku fashion is dying like this. At least they'll still be online
>>
From what I understand, GLB is gone forever while KERA will continue digitally (?).

I didn't expect this from KERA, I thought they sold well...
>>
>>9413200
>>9413215

Isn't it more like print magazines are dying themselves? TF has said that people are still wearing "harajuku fashion" it's just that social media > print these days. Everyone is posting their OOTD online now and also Harajuku has become a tourist trap that no one hangs around like in the golden days
>>
>>9413134
That's what the G&LB get for betraying Mana. But still, very sad news.
>>
Our Kawaii-ambassador wrote this in the thread in our local community:

I have talked to Kaie from Triple Fortune och she says that this is came as a surprise in Japan as well. They heard the news about a week ago. Seems like there is a problem within the company that distributed the magazine.
>>
>>9413304
>That's what the G&LB get for betraying Mana
Ngl that was my first thought.
>>
We're doomed, guys. Soon we'll all go the way of gyaru and essentially be defunct. Convert to Larme or die, imo.
>>
File: 708.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
708.png
89KB, 259x335px
>>9413437
I rather die than convert to that poor excuse of an "alternative" fashion.
>implying lolita will die soon
nah
>>
>>9413437
Also if anything, Larme will die first. It's just another short lived "trend"
>>
>>9413456
I'm as unhappy about it as you are, but this is just the beginning of the end. Lolita is already being eaten up by Larme.
>Risa modeling for AP
>Increasingly simplistic designs
>Sack dresses
>more people but from taobao than actual Japanese brands
>larme appeals more to teens and normies
>>
File: C64Tgcc.jpg (10KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
C64Tgcc.jpg
10KB, 500x364px
>>9413459
Oh boy.
New brand releases are terrible though, I don't "love" anything they do since 5 years. I "like" some things but not as much as their 2006-2012 stuff.
Welp, that means more dresses for me and cheaper secondhand, ay. I-I'll be in my corner, wearing it.
(even though i don't think it'll ever fully die like ganguro, because honestly, if the whole community worldwild died that would be utterly depressing)
>>
>>9413134
Would totally pay a monthly fee to get my magazine online instead of shipping fees
>>
>>9413304
>betraying Mana
The beginning of the end
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7cDHJZyWw Cathy cat made a video crying all over the place about it
>>
I guess people didn't buy enough of them.
>>
I'm gathering up my lolita to sell off because of this. I'm not waiting around for prices to plummet before everyone else leaves for good.
>>
>>9413475
Would you still do that when other people upload it for free?
>>
>>9413542
I know what you mean anon.
For me personally I would only sell pieces that I wasnt in love with. Lolita fashion has it so nice easily finding most pieces you love secondhand. If the fashion dies its going to become more and more difficult to find those pieces. I feel this when looking for brands of other clothing non-lolita related and it is really REALLY difficult to find pieces you'd seen in an ad or somewhere because people just dont list them online for sale.
>>
>>9413267
>I didn't expect this from KERA, I thought they sold well...
This is was people read Akicul for these days and that one is free.
>>
>>9413533
Oh god, I can't bear to see another person crying it makes me cry because I'm a fag.
But as much as I love lolita, I feel shocked by it but that doesn't mean it's the end of lolita and everything's going to die. Maybe there'll be a revival? I like this gal but I feel like she's being too dramatic over it.
>>
File: C7_R9toV4AAXbqy.jpg (262KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C7_R9toV4AAXbqy.jpg
262KB, 900x1200px
>>9413548
They are also like everywhere.
>>
File: c18.jpg (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
c18.jpg
9KB, 256x256px
>>9413570
>tfw "cul" means "ass" in french
>>
I'll pour two cups of tea out for my dead homies.
>>
Okay it's sad that the magazines are gonna stop making new issues but come on, do you guys really think Lolita is gonna die soon? Look at the international events, they just keep getting bigger and the fact is that with the new taobao and other indie brands just shows how the demand for lolita grows. I mean yeah the AP designs have been uninspiring at best these last 5 years but it doesnt mean that awesome prints are yet to come.
>>
>>9413614
Plus there are quite a few lolita online magazines in japan just like how fairy kei/yumekawaii got lafary.
>>
File: 1434975537485.gif (955KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1434975537485.gif
955KB, 300x162px
>>9413533
I wasn't that much affected by the news since I personally think these magazines are shutting down because they were in paper format and internet is the way to go now... but she's sooo sad. It made me sad and teary-eyed.
>>
>>9413542
I think the issue is that people just aren't buying magazines anymore since everyone can find their info online. Not that the fashion is dying.
>>
The famous Bunka Fashion College is said to start a own magazine about that kind of fashion according to posts in the current trending kera tag.
>>
Most people only bought it for the fashion tutorial/how to content anyways and that's what you have Kawaii Pateen for on YouTube these days
>>
File: 2pxugop.gif (767KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
2pxugop.gif
767KB, 298x298px
>>9413533
This was really awkward..I know it's hard to hear if you love jfashion but magazines ceasing physical prints doesn't mean the fashion is dead. Digital is just more popular
>>
>>9413543
Not OP but I think it would be cool if you could pay a fee and have it "delivered" to your mobile device upon release so you wouldn't have to wait for scans to be uploaded.

But I guess then someone else would be uploading them before I could read it so maybe I wouldn't pay lol. Print media is dead.
>>
>>9413542
I think that's being a little too dramatic about this.
A good thing to keep in mind is that print magazines all over the place are dying no matter what the subject is. I'm pretty shocked GLB is going down because of how many people bought it and the extras that it came with, but overall I think this signals a communications shift more than a style shift. The international community is bigger than ever and keeps growing.

Secondhand prices have already plummeted, though, which is probably more due to how increasingly large and easy to buy/sell it is within the community, not because it's losing steam. I used to be able to overcharge the Hell out of stuff I got from Japan because people just weren't willing/didn't know how to get it for themselves, but now they've cut the middlemen out and it's honestly better for us all.

If the community wants the good ole days of brand exclusivity and mystique back then the brands need to completely change what they're doing to get there. I love Mana, but his outdated business practices suck and are why his brand has been falling apart. No new design innovation, barely any social media presence/interaction with fans of the brand, no intl. shipping, etc. The other brands may be excelling in some of those areas, but designs overall have stagnated so hard and it's making Japan lose big time in the intl. market with Taobao and cheap secondhand always there. At least Meta seems to be doing pretty great.
>>
File: sSE34mE.png (927B, 639x65px) Image search: [Google]
sSE34mE.png
927B, 639x65px
>>9413614
this! Lolita is not dying. We'll keep on livin' gulls.
We ain't dead, not yet.

Also seeing her crying made me feel bad, man.
>>
>>9413397
>och

Hej
>>
>>9413280
Print is dying out fast. I work as an editorial designer and the companies I used to work with were always super strict with their budget for print. It's usually print where they want to cut on costs. Digital is just cheaper, and will reach far more people, it's a logical step if you think about it. It's fucking frustrating though, especially for the designers involved. When everything you work on, up to fucking Christmas cards has to be digital only, you slowly develop a hatred for your profession.
>>
Please be an April Fools joke.
If it's true, lolita itself won't die but the tiny bit lifestyle aspect that was left will vanish.
Brb buying the last 5 GLB to complete my collection before sellers raise the price.
>>
What will replace GLB tho if they go digital?
>>
>>9413707
don't*
>>
>>9413707
GLB was always just a spinoff of Kera which is why both are affected due the problems with the printing company, that part likely will be integrated into the new online mag.
>>
>>9413280
I agree, magazines are dying left and right. Several of my acquaintances basically said "well, it's not like I bought them lately but I'm shocked!" Well guess what Sherlock, people like you are the reason why, and it wasn't surprising at all to me. I don't think Lolita is dying because of this.
>>
Shit what terrible news
Does anyone know what the sales figures for the GLB/Kera have recently been like?
>>
I hope they still have patterns actually for glb and I will miss buying them for inspo
>>
>>9413533
Monetization and attention.
>>
>>9413542
Will buy your stuff if you sell them cheap
>>
Out of curiosity, how many of us actually keep up with either GLB or Kera consistently?

I know I personally stopped giving a shit about GLB back in 2009 when I took a break from the fashion and never really looked at Kera in the first place. It's really been far easier to keep track of updates, releases and community through things like Lolita Updates, twitter, discord and here.
>>
>>9413134
I wish they would have made it one more year for a 30th anniversary..
>>
>>9413851
Not their fault that the printing company they used is dying from mismanagement.
>>
>>9413846
GLB photoshoots look so over the top and unwearable now, it doesn't inspire me at all. But maybe that's also the fault of the big brands.
>>
>>9413726
Considering that at least Kera still advertised that they had thousands of subs, pretty well but as other anons mentioned, that doesn't help when printing companies die right and left.
>>
>>9413852
If that's the main issue what's keeping them from using a different printing company?
>>
>>9413542
Good. Please gtfo lolita, since you are clearly only in it since it's a trend and you clearly don't love the fashion. Those of us who truly love lolita fashion will keep all our dresses and keep wearing them regardless. That's what lolita is about.
>>
I only bought it for the patterns so it would suck if it becomes a digital magazine. Only cared about Kera when visual kei was more popular in my country.

>>9413619
Where?

>>9413659
If it's digital, you don't have to wait for scans because someone could reupload it in minutes.
>>
>>9413304
This is my head canon.

>>9413846
I buy like every other GLB, mostly because of the cost point. I'm willing to spend that kind of money, but I have to space it out. What's sad is that GLB couldn't team up with Otome no Sew or something.

I personally think Lolita isn't dying (unless this is the first sigh of a sudden "crash" in the market) but also it only has to die if we let it; if Tao Bao keeps going (which they will if money is still there to be made) and we keep wearing it then even at worse it will become more 'indie' or 'underground' again like it was 20 years ago. Also, just gotta put my salt here: It kind of makes me sad to see that at this news coming to light, a lot of you guys seem prepared to jump ship. Kinda implies you need Lolita to be trending in order to be interested in it.
>>
>>9413875
>I only bought it for the patterns

I pray that Otome no Sewing doesn't die, for this exact reason. They are incorporating more Larme these days so hopefully it doesn't end, but I also hope it doesn't push out lolita too much.
>>
File: 7845689834231.jpg (19KB, 483x277px) Image search: [Google]
7845689834231.jpg
19KB, 483x277px
>>9413881
>head canon
>>
>>9413883
But that also worries me because I don't care about normie looking patterns. If I gave a shit about larme I could find good patterns in old Western magazines.
>>
File: 1434893373123.png (141KB, 471x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434893373123.png
141KB, 471x400px
>>9413860
>>
File: 20151022203703-ac146374-me.jpg (81KB, 381x594px) Image search: [Google]
20151022203703-ac146374-me.jpg
81KB, 381x594px
>>9413853
The shoots have always been OTT and unwearable looking, they are photoshoots. Japanese magazines are all just big catalogs for brands anyway.
>>
>>9413857
That they will all die soon too anyways.
>>
I'm so depressed about this.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Well, maybe we can see if Eternita can take off?

I'm with the other anons though, it's been easier to keep updated with new releases from facebook or on here rather than a magazine. Though I used to buy the GLB for the OTT photoshoots, so I'm going to miss those.
>>
>>9413901
Um no? I own a lot of bibles and they def became more OTT along with the trends
>>
>>9414271
Details on this? I've never heard of it.
>>
>>9413910
Yeah but the 30th anniversary...

>>9414271
Have any of you bought this?
>>
File: eternitaMmM.jpg (529KB, 700x1013px) Image search: [Google]
eternitaMmM.jpg
529KB, 700x1013px
>>9414276
>>9414278

I haven't bought it, but there's reviews of it on other lolita's blogs, if you want to search for them.
Here's a couple:
http://puppenschloss.blogspot.my/2016/11/review-eternita-magazine.html
http://monologuesanctuary.blog132.fc2.com/blog-entry-465.html (mostly focuses on Moitie)

There's at least one more review out there covering the crafts section, which I thought was kinda lacking. Apparently the magazine also covers some Pink House and otome instead of being full lolita. I'd throw money at this magazine if it's the last one left, though, I just want at least one magazine dedicated to us.

As for where to buy it, it's pretty much available in all the normal places -- cdjapan, amazon.jp, rakuten books, probably other places too.
>>
>>9413851
>>9414278
Sorry, I believe it's actually 20th. I can't count through my sadness.
>>
>>9413459
>Increasingly simplistic designs
Gurl have you seen the OTT princess shit that Baby and now AP are pumping out?
>>
File: o1247175513895621293.jpg (158KB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
o1247175513895621293.jpg
158KB, 800x1125px
Funky!Fashion has been really popular when it comes to online mags.
>>
>>9413459
Risa modeled for AP before larme was popular. How is that a sign of lolita ending?
>>
>>9413542
You people are so fucking dramatic
>>
>>9414271
Thanks for this anon, just got it from Amazon Japan. Got two older GLB too, second hand, and am going to go through my shelf to see which issues I have and don't have. Now that it's going out of print, I have the compulsion to get the full set. Not feeling the need to give up on the fashion at all.
>>
What about Girlism?
>>
>>9414672
People don't seem to like it because of hurrdurr taobao no real burando.
>>
>>9414703
It does have real burando and burando models in it though?
>>
>>9413661
You clearly don't pay enough attention as the first half of the third paragraph re Mana is completely wrong.
>>
>>9413643
No, it was the visuals
>>
>>9413661

>Mana brand falling apart/Meta doing great.

wrong. lol try again
>>
>>9414759
What visuals, it looked like shit.
>>
Can anyone think of any GLB editions that are Halloween themed? Not all of the autumn ones are Halloweeny but I wanted to snag some before it becomes impossible to find them.
>>
>>9413661
Please tell me how Moitie is falling apart. Everything I've seen shows that it's the only brand that really seems to be holding on to the prestige of the golden days. Hardly any replicas, sizing that's fairly exclusive for a lot of their pieces, quality is consistent. I think it's the fact that he's not churning out a new print once a week that's actually keeping him up there. Moitie has a loyal client base, and Mana is catering to them, instead of potentials.
>>
>>9414881
Pretty much nobody buys Moitie even in Japan so
>>
>>9414881

>Hardly any replicas

is hardly a reason for a brand to be successful. In fact, replicas are probably a measure of a brand's success. It means that they're profitable enough for some skeevy person to say 'hey maybe I can make a buck off of that too.'

>sizing that's fairly exclusive for a lot of their pieces

AP has noted the trend to bigger girls and stepped up to the plate. Not noticing that MMM is doing the same. Even VM has acknowledged it could get a bigger customer base by making larger sizes. I'm just making an observation as a petite girl who can fit into old school MM.

>quality is consistent

That, at least is good. But there are other brands out there with consistently good quality - Excentrique, Sheglit, Victorian Maiden has maintained good quality, and even though Innocent World can vary, their quality is fairly consistent. MMM is hardly the only brand to maintain strict quality measures. And despite that, AP (which I do not know the quality of) and BTSSB still have way more sales.

You've either made a masterful bait argument or you have a deep misunderstanding of basic economics. Most diehard Mana fans admit that he's going by the wayside along with his brand. Maybe use this energy to make offerings to the shrine of Mana because he needs them.
>>
>>9414975

>I'm a petite girl who can fit into old school MM.
>I'm a petite fit into old school MM.
>I'm a old school MM
>I'm a school
>>
Welp. Just bought 27 GLBs in a state of panic.

Will cry about shipping fees later.
>>
>>9415007

nice!
>>
>>9414271 >>9414276 >>9414278
This is so pretty. The moment I saw a post about it I got it ordered because I don't want print to go away. Def would suggest picking up a copy! The craft items were a little weird, but I think you might have to look at it as a big picture... Buy it now. Help them grow. Maybe we'll get more/better/etc in the future. Its only 20$ and I know you've spent that on worse.
>>
>>9415007
Wow, anon. I bought two on amazon and two on mercari and thought I was overdoing it.
>>
>>9413543
Op here
Would still do to support the creators.
>>
>>9414293
Thank you! I'm going to buy it
>>
>>9413661
>no intl. shipping
They were on cdjapan quite early compared to other brands
>>
>>9414975
I have really old moitie dresses that have full shirring, you don't how what you're talking about
>>
I have bought each issue of glb since th Asian book store down from my house opened up10 years ago. It's been a good ride and I'll cherish each page I have of it. But not going to cry over it's loss. I follow all the brands blogs that I like so I'll still see a release. I just won't have a seasonal catalogue to refer to or find something new from the lesser known brands. Some of you are just being overly dramatic.
>>
there is a girlschannel thread up about the closure of KERA
http://girlschannel.net/topics/1122173/
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-30+at+03.23.54).png (15KB, 676x237px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-30+at+03.23.54).png
15KB, 676x237px
>>
>>9415385
Some translations.
>Today it begins (-55)
>We saw Korea (-77)
>We were under your (KERA's) care (+174)
>They said it was "born for fashion" then used that makeup and fashion... (-41)
>Back then the street snaps were similar to FRUiTS, huh
>There is no demand for paper-print anymore... it's all good saying this but it's still sad...
>I remember when it was first published, it was mysterious how they spelt インパクト
>The spelling was different, huh! I could barely read it lol (pic related)
>>
>>9413707
I could see GLB going down the drain because brands post a lot of the photo shoots on FB and other platforms. But there really does need to be another place or archive to put all the brands adverts all in one place. Lolita updates is good and all but we need a GLB style place.
>>
>Almost going to cancel an order of GLB due to overweight
>Bought anyway after reading this
>>
For those who are sad that harajuku is dying, dont be! Historically when underground fashion subcultures become too mainstream, what makes it wonderful and special in the first place tends to die off and becomes too commercialized. However, in about 5-10 years there will be a rejuvenation of the fashion that is more authentic and closer to its roots. Fashion subcultures that thrive in DIY, underground environments needs to be "reset". The hype of these things are dying not the actual fashion.
>>
>>9415568
this
its not the end of the world
>>
What will happen
>Less girls into lolita and aging lolita population
>No children for lolita girls because eww children are gross
>Brands close their physical shops, first abroad then inside Japan
>They go digital only and slowly die anyways or start doing things based on other fashions so much that it's the only thing that hardly sells
>People buy more taobao since "it has more unique styles and its closer to the original ___era"
>They forget what having brand is
>Now lolita is purely chinese
>We wonder if lolita can be called a Japanese fashion anymore if we're wearing Chinese designs
>We make a hellocon panel dedicated to mass suicide
>bury me in my brand they say
>>
>>9413134
now it's confirmed, harajuku fashion is officially dead. It's the end of an era.
>>
>>9415644
>implying print isn't obsolete with the rise of social media
Just because the magazine is gone doesn't mean people aren't still actively participating ok the subculture. Especially with the influx of blogs.
>>
this whole thread is making me feel so depressed.
All of my models have left lolita (Lunie finally anounced she would definitely stop lolita) and all my past friends too. They maybe only kept two outfits or something.
I feel so alone.
>tfw FB post memories from the best lolita years I had and I feel even worse
>>
>>9415586
I look forward to being the only one in brand, surrounded by girls in shitty taobao.
>>
>>9413542
Good riddance. People like you are the reason lolita has become more of a quest of acquiring popular prints for e fame rather than a legitimate subculture.
>>
>>9415568
Maybe it's because the majority in my comm is conlita but I think the hype is staying and the "normal" lolita's are moving on
>>
Lolita isn't mainstream, it never was. There were attempts, but it never ever hit main stream.

That being said, Lolita has always been filled with mostly normies who want to seem ALT. Right now it's taking a colander to filter many out. Lolita fashion has slow trends, but even for it's own timeline it's been stale for at least 5 years. I expect a major brand to close shop completely like in the past, I just am unsure who might rise in it's place. All I know is that they have to push the envelope in innovation to get there.
>>
Everyone needs to calm the fuck down. I can't believe this is sparking CRYING youtube videos (i.e. attention whores jumping on the bandwagon for hits) and people liquidating their closets, holy shit.

This is mostly an issue of print media vs online media. Online media is far less expensive so many companies are closing print. That's it.

Harajuku fashion (and lolita fashion) are not dying. The media, which has always been generally misinformed garbage, got it wrong once again. Sure some elements of harajuku fashion are changing but that has always been the case. Trends and styles come and go.

If looking at your wardrobe still makes your heart do the dokidoki, you're fine. That's all that really matters. If all you care about is resale value and likes on fb/instagram, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

JFC
>>
This happened in gyaru last year or the year before. The international comm freaked out at first, it all went quiet for a while, a few circles (who were already pretty stale, looking at you HYPER) disbanded. Then towards the end of last year, new faces started appearing again and the online scene got a lot more active, and Insta became the place to follow japanese gyaru and brand releases. One of the magazines started publishing again already, too. Gyaru is definitely going through a 'die down and reinvent itself later' thing right now, but it will reinvent itself. Lolita has huge popularity comparatively anyway, so you guys will be fine.
>>
>>9415777
>>9415937
Thank you! I'm so glad someone said this. The crying video was totally an attention grab, otherwise she would have put herself together and made a normal vid.

The people thinking they should sell their lolita are retards and clearly not worthy of the fashion. Why do you give a shit if it's popular? You're already not wearing a popular style in the west and look out of place. That won't change. But please liquidate all your burando for cheap, for all of us real lolitas. If you only wear things because they are currently popular then please go full hipster and leave j-fash alone.

Lolita is not going to die unless YOU make it die. And even if lolita does die off, brands close, no more social media posts, no more models, JLA or Misako, many of us will still wear the dresses because it makes us happy and we truly love lolita.
>>
>>9415007
Good God..

Guys, I think I fucked up. In my panicked state and the ordering of 27 GLBs, I may or may not have overlooked the fees charged on FromJapan.

Its ¥300 per auction, so despite I have bought the items all from one seller, I did buy 27 individual auctions.. meaning a possible additional charge of ¥8100 in fees!!!!! (¥3000 more than what I paid for the magazines themselves!!!)

Does anyone who has used FromJapan know how this works? I deliberately didn't use Buyee cos I knew they refuse to order all items at once from the seller, meaning they get shipped individually (meaning individual shipping charges per item which is the massive ass fees I wanted to avoid) AND TO MAKE IT WORSE, if FromJapan pays individually for each auction, its another ¥200 payment fee charge PER ITEM.

Currently shitting myself right now thinking of the potential beating my bank acc is going to take..!!!!
>>
>>9416198
I have no clue but I really hope you've contacted them right?
>>
>>9416215
I've messaged them about it now. I asked before hand about ordering from one seller and they said the single bank transfer would be possible (praying they ACTUALLY did it)

But regardless, I have already purchased the items so if there is a charge I either suck it up and pay it. Or abandon the order (probably get black listed) and be out ¥5000 and have no items.

Mannnnn, I should have read the fine print..
>>
>>9416198
I think that's not unreasonable for overseas shipping since paper is heavy. I got 19 back issues from Amazon last night, the price for the magazines in total was only about ¥800, but with shipping the total came to ¥5000, and that's within Japan.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (371KB, 461x713px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
371KB, 461x713px
>>9413304
And Mana's response to this is:
Gothic Lolita is still growing in the underground scene out of the sight of the media, it and him will live on forever just like how they did before that kind of media existed.
>>
>>9416372
Sure, Jen. And GACKT is a 300 year old vampire.

Lolita will go on fine in broad daylight without manasama.
>>
All I have gotten from this thread is " Lolita is dead because I won't be able to get my seasonal scans I don't pay for of a paper magazine I'm too cheap to actually get"

Leave the fashion then if you think it's ending. a fashion magazine doesn't dictate a fashion style like you all are crying over.

Fuck secrets are going to suck this week.
>>
>>9416361
Anon, those aren't shipping fees. They're just SS fees.
>>
>>9413533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oKb_UoYvBA
>>
>>9416407
Hah she's one to talk. She's part of the problem.
>>
>>9416407
>dear god it's 15 minutes
>>
>>9416408
Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>9416412
Yes. I reiterate: she's part of the problem. She's one of those gawking tourists wandering around ~kawaii harajuku~ Like an idiot just so she can shop at fucking lush and Claire's.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMcPQCSV7c
Lor plan to do livestreams of Fruits, Kera and Gothic Lolita Bible.
>>
>>9416455
A pompous little bitch is what she is. This is also the same girl who created a "new j-fashion" and her ass licker fans edited wiki's to include it. Thankfully taken down but she was quote "holding back tears when she saw it".
She is part of the problem. Sure fashion moves on but there is a clear difference between supporting j-fashion and deciding your too special for that.
>>
>>9416464
I wasn't even going to go into that but I don't disagree.

My thing is more she's like "omg h&m in harajuku!" When she literally shopped at Claire's and lush while she was there. Not very indie jfashion brand. It was talked about in the previous thread but rents are skyrocketing in Harajuku as more mainstream fast fashion stores crop up to cater more to tourists and then she goes and shops at those very places pushing the original culture of Harajuku out.

And yes I know she shopped at some brand stores. Still doesn't change the fact she went to fucking Claire's.
>>
>>9416455
Thanks for confirming that you didn't watch the video at all but continue crying here how jfashion is dead because printed media is, might as well cry about how acting is dead because VHS died.
>>
>>9416471
Why are you lecturing me.....I brought up none of this.....
>>
>>9416407
the newer harajuku fashions are toned down and normal.
>>
>>9416471
not to mention she WORKS at a claire's
>>
File: C7wU0iMVQAAgFJj.jpg (119KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C7wU0iMVQAAgFJj.jpg
119KB, 764x1024px
>>9416471
>Still doesn't change the fact she went to fucking Claire's.
Claire's is a lot different in Japan tho, just like how they carry a shitton of BDSM gear and anime collabs which they never would do in the west. Also their decora contests, pic somewhat related.
>>
>>9416475
I didn't say that at all. Jfashion isn't dead. But there is a gentrification problem in Harajuku and She is contributing to it. Stop sucking Jill's dick for a minute and see that.

>>9416479
Who am I lecturing now? I was just explaining why she's pissing me off with this video.

>>9416482
It's still a large company that contributes to the gentrification of Harajuku, as said above.
>>
>>9416475
I see it more like the music industry. Now that you have social media and a easier medium to spread your music, you can get noticed faster then trying over and over to get your music in the radio or a contract with a record company to produce you. I think Lolita will be the same way with brands focusing on social media to get heard at a much cheaper cost then it charges to pay for your ad space in a magazine.
>>
>>9416198
Prepare your anus for about $200 in shipping fees
>>
>>9416372
That's not what's written there at all.
He's saying that it returned to its underground roots and only the people who really like it are left now, and that the scene will always exist. He doesn't mention himself at all, please don't make him sound like a bigger egomaniac than he is.
>>
>>9416471
>omg, how dare she step into a store that is too normie for me!!11

I'm guessing you only have ever graced your presence in the most indie of stores.
>>
>>9416198
should have used zenmarket
>>
>>9413542
this was good bait lookit all the replies
>>
>>9416559
OK anon let me explain. Its not necessarily the fact she traveled to japan only to shop in stores she could have back home. But in her video she is exclusively saying "Buy from indie brands to support them!!"
WHEN IN FACT she did NOT do that much while she was in japan (hypocritical much?) She mostly shopped at WC, WEGO, claires, and Forever 21. Which are all a part of the problem of indie artists and brands dying in Harajuku.
>>
>>9416407
Way to be an alarmist for a click bait video.
>>
>>9416605
There are a number of videos with that headline though anon. Besides all youtube is now is click bait!
>>
>>9416533

My anus was prepared to be sodomized by that.. not by the additional fees though.

>>9416580
I actually looked into ZenMarket but they didnt offer SeaMail - I was jewing right the fuck out with this and now its biting my ass.

Do ZenMarket offer no fees? I know there is no consolidation.. but god damn, if there are no fees as well I will really want to kill myself.
>>
>>9416559
Why are you being so fucking dense? Yes I've shopped in fast fashion stores, but I didn't go to Harajuku to do it. Small boutiques are being pushed out in favor of larger chains and by shopping at those chains while there Jillian is contributing to that.

>>9416588
>WC, wego

That's the thing, even though those are Japanese brands they're pretty much the Japanese equivalent of fast fashion. Don't get me wrong I like them, but they're not the same as the spank! And 6% stores she mentioned.
>>
Hey sorry to look like a vulture, but now that those magazines died, anyone know a web site where I can find old jfashion magazine ? ( especially egg magazine, sorry it's fucking old ).
>>9416588
It's true that pixielock is not very indie brand, I prefer Annika victoria video where she shop in tokyo, she showed some really awesome places.
>>
>>9416685
There is a special posting option for books called M-bag, you could ask if it can be shipped that way?
>>
>>9414271
I love this magazine so mucb because it caters to more seasoned lolitas like myself >25. I'd kill for Eternita to publish more but so far ot seems to be the only issue they'll ever do.
>>
File: 1477937110551.png (59KB, 197x439px) Image search: [Google]
1477937110551.png
59KB, 197x439px
>now that Kera goes online we can finally google translate everything they write
Fuck yeah. I wish they'd do the same with GLB.
>>
>>9416225
Did you get a reply?
>>
>>9416806
Unless they just put the magazine in the same format but in PDF or something instead with no text readout.

If you have a smartphone you can always use the google translate app to snap a picture of any text you want to translate from your print media.
>>
>>9416393
I see, thanks! I guess if shipping fees go on top of that, it's going to be pretty steep.

>>9416735
To buy? Amazon Japan has a bunch of sellers that ship overseas, but the shipping can be expensive. On the upside, some old magazines are priced as low as ¥1, and you only pay for shipping.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B00ANQG8KC/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1490970594&sr=8-3&language=en_US
>>
>>9416852
>If you have a smartphone you can always use the google translate app to snap a picture of any text you want to translate from your print media.
A lot of the text in the G&LBs is entirely/partially layered over photos, which really fucks with OCR readers.
>>
>>9416540
>That's not what's written there at all.
It was a tl;dr, of course it wouldn't be 1:1 translated. Are you new or something?
>>
>>9416540
>He doesn't mention himself at all
He does in the second part of it but whatever
>>
>>9416860
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B00ANQG8KC/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1490970594&sr=8-3&language=en_US
Thank you very much, it's what I searched !
>>
>>9416723
Because she totally went to Japan just to go to Claires. Yep.

>>9416685
Stop shitting up the thread with your stupidity. You should have bought from a direct seller like Yes Asia, they have free shipping.
>>
>>9416899
Even if paraphrased it should still reflect what is actually written there.

>>9416900
And where exactly would that be?
>>
>>9416939
I just can't believe she went to Claire's at all. I didn't go to any stores I have locally while I was there. Like I said these stores popping up is really diluting the fashion scene over there so Jillian patronizing them shows how hilariously unaware she is.
>>
File: C7MNo18V0AI6Xgl.jpg (112KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C7MNo18V0AI6Xgl.jpg
112KB, 1024x1024px
>>9416961
As some other mentioned, claire's is totally different in Japan or do you find collabs with anime and harajuku personalities at yours?
>>
>>9416972
Still doesn't negate my point about companies like Claire's pushing out smaller brands and driving up rents in Harajuku leading to this whole "oh noes jfashion is dying!!!" crisis. Every company trailers their brand to the local market, doesn't make it somehow better. Like if Jillian really cared about the ramifications of her actions she would think before shopping st these places. But she doesn't really care about the state of Harajuku or Japanese fashion, she just wants to make a pandering video so viewers like you can grovel at her feet.
>>
It's just a hunch but I have a feeling some of the bigger brands decided to stop doing print (probably AP and Baby) which is what caused this.

Think about it: if a major brand that has new releases in every monthly magazine decides to leave, there is not enough money to pay everyone for work on the magazine. Smaller brands can't afford the same pages the big brands were paying premium amounts for, so the magazine must shut down unless someone can take that spot (and therefore pay as much as the big brand did). There are no other brands doing that well who probably want to pay for those pages, so things ends.

That's probably what happened. AP or Baby probably realized that how much they were paying to advertise in these magazines wasn't increasing their sales anymore, social media was, so they made a smart business choice. Unfortunately the magazines knew they wouldn't be able to stay afloat without them, so they closed. It would make sense why both GLB and Kera are ending at the same time.

That said, Kera is pretty mediocre to everyone but newbies because each volume is nearly identical to the last, the only difference is the release and maybe a model focus. GLB was far more interesting but it's probably not purchased as much anymore since they become a hassle to keep in such high numbers (finding space is a pain) and are decently expensive.
>>
>>9416407
>I never purchased any of those magazines
>talks 15 minutes about them anyway
Top kek, never change Jillian.
>>
>>9416939
>Pixielocks stan
You have to be over 18 to post here kid.
>>
>>9416737
Unfortunately I ordered about 14kg worth, so I think it will be well above the weight for using any book methods.

>>9416811
Yes! They have replied with a pretty automated response of "Our fee is per auction" all while ignoring my other questions. Ah well, even with the fee and shipping it will still works out at $6.50USD per book which isnt bad at all. It just could have been half of that again hahaha

>>9416939
Lol calm down, I'm not the one bitching about where PixieLocks shopped in Japan.

And regardless of free shipping, YesAsia is charging nearly 3 times the price of what I am paying inclusive of fees and shipping. So no, no I should not have used YesAsia.
>>
>>9416977
Her whole video is about how jfashion isn't dying so idk what you all are talking about, the title is just clickbait.
>>
>>9416995
I doubt this, japanese are incredibly traditional. I don't think they would break a long going professional relationship like that because "they just don't sell". Specially baby, they kept the racist crazy lady for years and years even though they knew she was harming their professional image with foreigners, for years and years!
>>
>>9417421
They put it in a giant bag, I'm sure it will all fit, I got a gajillion issues of Kera before
>>
>>9416588
I will say though that right now I'm currently planning my trip to Tokyo, and it's kind of hard to find alternative shopping. All the obvious ones are there, but I would like to find some more local stuff. Like it seems you would be better off going up to people and just asking them where they shop, but it's hard for me not to plan where I'm going.
>>
>>9417649
Have you tried looking through instagram? Start by following some brands you do like and know about. When you follow an instagram you'll get a list of "recommended" accounts to follow and if you follow brands you'll get recommended other brands and from there you might find some new stuff. A lot of brands have pop ups rather than full stores and checking their instagram will let you know where/when the pop up will be next.

Alternatively you can also ask people who've been recently. Maybe a new thread on here on cgl? I know we've had "where to shop in Japan" threads in the past.
>>
>>9417659
I actually have been doing that with instagram! I went through and wrote down some shops from there, and looked them up. and since it's instagram, you can see what kind of clothes they have right there
>>
>>9416852
I know it's first word problem, but I find that it is always such a bitch to do. I found this out with the couple of doujinshi's that I own.

Here's to hoping they don't have in it a picture type of format, in which they probably would.
>>
>>9417686
Hah guess you didn't need my advice then!

I'm not going to Japan anytime soon but I do have a little mental list of places I want to go thanks to browsing insta. I've even ordered some things from brands I didn't even know existed before which is always exciting. I hope you can find some cool shops!

I would also hit up any secondhand stores you happen to come across while you're there. Potentially some cool gems to be found there. I kind of want to just go and walk up and down streets exploring but I understand wanting some kind of game plan before you go.
>>
>>9417320
I don't even know her, you're just being a moron and wayyy too invested in her shopping habits
>>
>>9417421
YesAsia's prices on the older issues are cheap from what I recall, not the newer ones. I guess it depends on which issues you ordered but buying the older ones there would have been more cost effective and transparent on pricing.
>>
>>9415956

+1. The crying video is so fake its disgusting tbqh
>>
>>9417744
Hi Jillian
>>
Just bought up a fuckton of KERA/GLBs from LM. sorry not sorry GIVE ME ALL OF THEM BEFORE THEY ARE GONE. inb4 scalpers kk?
>>
>>9417761
>being this salty over someone entering a shop
>>
>>9417785
>being this salty over someone not sucking Jillian's dick
>>
>>9417795
I just think it's embarrassing that you're this invested. And over nothing.
>>
http://lineblog.me/kimurau/archives/1062416349.html
Kimura U made a blog post about the closure of KERA and GLB
>>
https://twitter.com/bible_staff
The GLB staff says that even while there won't be a book anymore, there's still an idea and they still want to deliver it.
>>
>>9417900
Can someone translate this please?
>>
>>9418369
tl;dr: She wouldn't be where she is now if she wasn't featured in a streetsnap in Kera, it was nice working with everyone, yada yada she is looking forward to the online versions.
>>
>>9413457
Forever 21 kei will never die as long as being basic is rewarded
>>
>>9416407
I dislike her but she's got better at talking to the camera. I quite liked listening to her in this one.
>>
>>9418384
Finally someone not overly dramatic about it. Thank lord.
>>
>>9416407
Christ. Even though I know gyaru is dead, hearing her say it makes me want to punch her.
>>
>>9418400
I don't think you realize what a huge deal this is newfag
>>
>>9415465
thanks, translator anon
>>
>>9418287
i hope they can!
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.