[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly 2 months out gulls! >what does your cosplay lineup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_2253.jpg (2MB, 1830x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2253.jpg
2MB, 1830x1026px
Exactly 2 months out gulls!

>what does your cosplay lineup look like?
>how behind on that lineup are you?
>did you manage to score a room through the jacked housing lottery system?
>will LineCon return?
>/cgl/ meet up?
>>
File: bakuon-raimu-kawasaki-225x350.png (119KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
bakuon-raimu-kawasaki-225x350.png
119KB, 225x350px
Idk yet. I was gonna be a trap shimakaze but lawd I'm like 20% bodyfat right now. Might compromise and do pic related.

My mom mailed me my sewing machine

aww yiss

>will LineCon return?
not on my watch

>/cgl/ meet up?
where da drugs at
>>
File: 1475710135799.jpg (50KB, 423x439px) Image search: [Google]
1475710135799.jpg
50KB, 423x439px
Traveling across the country to have a mini vacation + Fanime. What should I expect as a first timer to this con?

If the convention is lame, what are some cool places around it that you would recommend? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9408471
Do you party?
If yes, you will have a grand time.

If no, you are wasting your time/money because the best thing about fanime is the party scene
>>
Cosplaying Sabrina from leaf green and my friend is doing Haunter, we are gonna troll about together, should be fun
>>
>>9408211
no and i'm still waiting for my wait list to produce something. has anyone else had their request filled?
>>
>>9408881
Probably won't hear anything until after the cancelation deadline, which is at the end of April I believe. I'm not waitlisted this year, but I have been in previous years and the email always came after the deadline.
>>
>>9408881
thanks anon. still praying for the fairmont.
>>
Gonna be my return after 2 years, can't wait to come back

Also RIP McDonalds
>>
>>9416079
RIP McDonalds, RIP drunken 2am Big Macs
>>
Senpai I dunno how drunk I gotta be or how many drugs I gotta do to break out and dance during the rave but lord I am gonna find out
>>
>>9416107
Don't worry anon the even sketchier Jack n Box is still there
>>
>>9408881
update on wait list....apparently you have until 4/10 if you want off of it.....and reservations will start going out on 5/1 and can't be cancelled.

now to spend this week deciding if i still want a room or if i'd rather airbnb it this year.
>>
>>9408597
Where are the party's at?
>>
>>9421328
Me and my friends almost got in a fight with drunk guys there 3 years ago.
>>
>Fanime keeps going to shit
>Guests suck, organization is bad, communication and updates are sparse and site updates at the last minute
>Fans are strong-armed into buying badges in order to get hotel rooms for a con in which programming is not even planned out.
>Badges are non refundable and non transferable
>Fanime is still ran for profit, makes a shit ton of bank and still rely on volunteer staff
>People keep making weak justifications to go
>Other people go because they think they have no other con to go to despite many cons in CA providing a far superior experience (see AX)

Being an attendee for Fanime is like being in an abusive relationship
>>
>>9428161
Except AX is pretty chunky and charges extra for a lot of the good shit and it's in driving distance for people in NorCal. We still go for the location more than anything.
>>
>>9408211
trying to make my niece a moogle cosplay. I bought her wings already, just need some fluff and a white onsie.
>>
New anime season just started. Anyone willing to predict the flavor of the month cosplay that will take over fanime?
My bet is attack on titans.
>>
I don't think I will cosplay this time for the first time in 10 years.
None
I will be staying in a house a 20 minute drive away.
>will LineCon return?
Probs.
>/cgl/ meet up?
Ha no fuck you guys
>>
>>9428661
it ran its course the first time round so becoming fotm again is going to be pretty hard
>>
>>9425510
Everywhere anon.
>>
>>9429616
Yeah sure but only on the condition that you sell me it around the meetup area.
>implying I'm going to follow you to the alley way behind jack in the box to buy some molly
>>
>>9429647
for sure senpai, i am not a sketchy person.
I will have the goods pre packaged and discreet for convenience.
>>
>>9428613
And AX also shows you where all the money goes by booking better guests, paying their upper level staff, including more cosplay displays for photographs and speeding up badge pickup times.

AX gets more money then gets better
Fanime gets more money then gets worse
>>
>>9430292
basically this. there's been like 3 guest announcements for fanime and the con is like 6 weeks away. overall a lot less info disseminated this year compared to previous years.
>>
>>9431194
They've announced more than 3 people and the guests are pretty good this year. A lot of foreign industry people.
>>
>>9431194
the number of guests they've announced is par for the course. i'm not surprised at all. for being one of the top attended conventions in the US they don't really feel like a big convention and will probably just ride on their laurels til a better northern california convention appears
>>
If anyone walks to Paseo de San Antonio for food, Gong Cha is replacing the Quickly and a poke place is opening up
>>
No one goes to fanime for the programming, let's be fuckin real gulls.
>>
>cosplay
doing an MLP group (don't h8), and a casual Wonder Woman. It's not a big year for cosplay for me

>how behind
Only behind on money at this point, craft wise I'm pretty much there

>hotel room
Yep got the fairmont with my mates, we did the double tree last year and although we actually don't mind the shuttle, it will be nice to have quicker access to the room

>linecon
god I hope not

>CGL meet up
Thinking about going if it happens, never been to one before so I'm a little wary to be honest. Does everyone just stand around and talk shit to each other?
>>
I'm gonna be Pajama Kakyoin, Speedwagon (JJBA) and Queen Anora (Dragon Age)
I've done Anora before, I just need to replace the wig and make a few adjustments to the top. I'm waiting for my Kakyoin wig to arrive in the mail and then I need to get pajamas. I haven't started on Speedwagon but he shouldn't be too hard. I've thrown together more complicated cosplays in less time.
I'm not even gonna try to get anything within a 5 minute drive of the con.
>will LineCon return?
Please no.
>/cgl/ meet up?
Please no.

Anyway, this is my first Fanime and I'm mainly going because a cosplay group I'm in needed people for a panel.
>>
File: 1343682676832.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1343682676832.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>>9431814
>MLP
>casual wonder woman
>>
Anyone have a con orgy planned?
>>
>>9431884
I don't think anyone really "plans" orgies. They just happen.
Especially if you're in a suite.
>>
>>9431788
If only because everyone's realized that Fanime has had godawful guests and programming for the last five years
>>
>>9431876
Yeah like I said not a big cosplay year for me, I'm just too busy.
Do'in mlp with my best girls for fun and been hitting the gym hard so I've got visible definition now, Wonder Woman seemed like a fun costume to run around in but no time to really put anything complex together.
Don't know why I'm even justifying myself to you desu but I guess hate on me if you want to kek
>>
>>9425515
Do tell
>>
>>9425515
lol wtf, anon pls give us deets
>>
saw this clip on twitter earlier and laughed a little bit. one of the cry to god crew that regularly preach outside fanime kicking a anti-trump guy on the floor in berkeley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCNpjgHTRy8
>>
bump for almost a month out
>>
>>9441115
Right is anyone even going to this con?
I'm over here hype af, rooms sold out almost immediately, but only crickets on /cgl/
>>
Texas gull here. This is my first out-of-state con and i'm super excited! Anything i should know besides the basics? Any recommendations on what to check out at the con?
>>
>>9443552
I'd say Bonzai arcade is hype but no word on if those guys are coming back.
>>
>>9443544
hard to be hype when got no room ;_;
>>
>>9443552
I'm also from Texas and this is my first out-of-state con haha.
>>
File: nope nope bonzai.jpg (30KB, 312x350px) Image search: [Google]
nope nope bonzai.jpg
30KB, 312x350px
>>9443555

Spoke to them on FB. It's a no go for them this year too. :(
>>
>>9444513
Lmfao you'd think fanime would throw one of their only good panels a hookup. Then again if Fanime isn't going to try in general it makes sense that they wouldn't try for them.
>>
meet up??
>>
>>9444513
Um sorry but fuck them. Everyone who is a fanime regular should understand how the system works at this point and should have registered as soon as they could. The date and time of it opening along with the hotel access warning was made very clear this time around. I'm butt mad at them because this is always the perfect capstone to the weekend but they clearly don't care enough to plan anymore. They just don't want to put in the effort their panel takes to male fresh every year and are hiding behind hotels as an excuse.
>>
>>9445593
The /cgl/ meetups at Fanime have died off over the last few years.

If you actually want a meetup I suggest you start putting in the effort to organize it now.
>>
>>9445596
to be fair a lot of people got shut out of hotels even in the first wave
>>
>>9428161
I'm not even buying a badge this year, I'm just going to swap with a friend, skip panels and get drunk
>>
>>9446333
I was in the second time slot and got a Fairmont room so nope.
>>
>>9445596
Wow you're cool
>>
>>9443555
>>9445596
Would the CWF be a good alternative?
>>
>>9451206
Cwf is always a blast.
I went to the ALA one this year and the David Bowie guy was pretty horrible, but added to the show.
>>
>>9451206
Cwf is hype!
>>
>>9446709
Attaboy
>>
>>9451392
But those Blues Brothers!
>>
>>9451392
>>9451443
>Check CWF page
>Fanime show is in the biggest room and 3 hours

This is one of the few smart decisions Fanime has made
>>
>>9451443
>>9451392
>>9451534
I noticed the CWF in a lot of CA cons and it usually pulls in a lot of people. Are the same audience members going to the show from con to con?

Like how does the CWF avoid getting stale. Many panels have a "see it once, seen it all" quality. Even Banzai arcade only changes year to year.
>>
>>9451549
CWF is alot of improv and even the people within it change
>>
>>9451555
It also helps that the CWF has a storyline that carries from con to con. The show starts from a different point each time allowing each "episode" to feel different
>>
>>9446055
>putting in the effort
>organize
Yea nah I'm good
>>
>still waiting on swap meet applications
>mfw they will probably be announced while im a work and miss my chance to apply
>>
>mfw still holding out hope on my hotel waitlist spot
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>9408211
>What does your cosplay lineup look like?
Red Hood and Daredevil.
Red Hood is one I've been doing for a while, but I've made a number of improvements this time around.

>How behind on that lineup are you?
Daredevil is my newest cosplay and it's definitely not as done as I wish it was. I've taken a few creative liberties with the design so I'm thinking I'll finish what I can and see what the reception is like as a first draft.

>Did you manage to score a room through the jacked housing lottery system?
Yeah boi.

>Will LineCon return?
I'm praying to a god I don't even believe in...

>/cgl/ meet up?
I'll bring the hooch if anyone is interested?

>>9428661
I'm gonna say there's probably gonna be a lot of Konosuba cosplay.
>>
>>9428661
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Persona 5
>>
>>9454359
waitlist anon here...in an interesting twist, just got my waitlist request filled!!

FAIRMONT MASTER RACE REPORTING IN.
>>
>>9452502
I'm right there with you.
>>
word on the grapevine is that they used the reg management company from two years ago, so linecon shouldn't be a thing like it was last year
>>
>>9454611
Thank god.
>>
idk about you guys but my costumes are not done and i am stressed tf out lol
>>
File: 57708610_p0_master1200.jpg (437KB, 480x658px) Image search: [Google]
57708610_p0_master1200.jpg
437KB, 480x658px
Getting my Fanime cherry popped this year, going as full Bacterial Contamination Calne Ca.
>>
File: received_1767333596877451.jpg (19KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
received_1767333596877451.jpg
19KB, 450x334px
Someone tell me where the cgl/ meet up will be!
>>
>>9454936
You might wanna scroll up and read the rest of the thread.
>>
FYI, for anyone getting their waitlist reservations confirmed, DEFINITELY check that your credit card info is correct!!!

they fucked up the expiration date on my card and i had to login to fix it on my reservation on the CMR site.
>>
File: conmap.jpg (152KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
conmap.jpg
152KB, 638x825px
>>9431814
>>9445593
>>9446055
>>9454936
>>9454403

Well for anybody who is interesting in a /cgl/ meet up, let's start coming up with some ideas.
>>
>>9454933
>edge shit
>vocaloid shit
>worst character shit
and I thought k pop was bad
>>
>>9446709

Not buying one either, i live nearby, so just going to show up.
>>
>>9428661
WENDY.
>>
>>9455487
It's always out in front near the art sculpture and last minute
>Friday at 10!
>the people who don't know anyone awkwardly ask each other if they're "a seagull" or from "fourchannnn"
>everyone who knows each other exchanges hellos, and leaves to party elsewhere

sorry but this is how they go.
>>
>>9457033
Well, nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
This'd be my first Fanime meet up, so I plan on at least making a conscious effort toward it.
You don't have to come if you don't want to, it's cool.
>>
>>9456374
Fuck off
>>
>>9455487
What did you have in mind? I'm down for whatever.

Seems like if you want to plan it like meetups at AX you just name a time and place for it to happen Thur/Fri/Sat night and people make it to whichever ones they can?
>>
File: kanaeitou3.jpg (236KB, 960x1240px) Image search: [Google]
kanaeitou3.jpg
236KB, 960x1240px
Been to Fanime for years. This is the only time I've been excited for a guest, my favorite seiyuu is coming. Any of you guys going to see her too?
>>
>>9454748
Yo saaaaame
>>
The most disgusting thing about fanime is that it's treating their attendees, vendors, artists WORSE as the years go by, runs the con on the super cheap (for fans by fans) and thus rakes in money hand over fist as badges fly off the shelf just due to it simply being a big con in San Jose.

With this in mind I don't think we can call AX the super "corperate con" as with AX you see where your money is going to
>>
>>9457409
Just to throw a few ideas out: how's the hub, the terrace, or maybe one of those areas on the sides of Artist Alley?

This would be my first Fanime meet so I'm not positive what the most ideal places would be.
>>
>>9459578
my flight to san jose is on the 21st but in between now and then i have like two weeks of finals. it's. dangerous lol
>>
> Just booked a room at the Sheraton for $270 / night
The fuck is this? I ended up paying like $400 / night last year.
>>
>>9454748
i'm with you anon, i have like NOTHING done. i'm so fucked.
>>
>>9460430
you're still alive? i heard you overdosed on coke and penis
>>
Is there ever any drama at the cons? I might just go for the hotel with the bros, the meet (if it happens) and the booze since I live like 20-30 mins away).
>>
>>9460464
>drama
>con

how new are you?
>>
>>9460464
>whole fb threads with cosplayers trying to dox photographers for not bowing to their egos
>trying to rally ppl to attack them

stuff like that. assume I am new af and answer in an informative fashion, not an asshole fashion
>>
>>9460469
meant to click you my bad
>>
>>9460475
there's drama but it's not like super juicy shit. just your usual crapflinging.

the two I can think of right now are eddy baystar getting called out for being a creeper with lots of screenshots of him acting creepy and some guy who claims he is a cop (some people say they found he is an ex cop) getting really touchy-feely with cosplayers at california conventions. they both have people ready to watch them like a hawk and report if they do something weird.
>>
For the next thread,may want to put "fanime" in the subject field or description so people can cntrl+F it from the catalogue.

my entire group bailed, so I'm scrambling to find a room this close and wondering what it is I'm going for. I'll be alone and there isn't aren't many events that interest me.

What do you guys think, what would you do?
>>
>>9460606
That's the thing though. The Eddy Baystar situation sounds difficult because while the guy has done some creeper stuff, he's still getting people agreeing to get photos taken with him, and the cops and con staff have said he hasn't broken any rules.

It makes sense to report him if he does something illegal, but what's exactly stopping people from submitting false reports because he said something mean or upset them? The cop thing does sound bad though, especially if he is touching people.

Hopefully its all just crapflinging though. Thanks for the info anon, its cool to have someone to discuss all this with. It actually isn't my first time going to Fanime but yeah, I wanna make sure its fun for everyone and not a drama fest because someone didn't bow down to some other cosplayer who expects orbiters at all times
>>
bringing 8 cosplays becuase i hate my life. includes death note, opm, voltron, bnha, p4, pokemon

i dont want to talk about it
nope, staying in a secret motel that ive been staying at for years, super and walking distance

>will LineCon return?
i fucking hope not, going thursday to hopefully avoid this

>/cgl/ meet up?
i will probably forget to go
>>

Nothing because it doesn't exist.

N/a

No but I live within a 20 minute drive, so it's not too bad.

>will LineCon return?

Most likely.

>/cgl/ meet up?

Yes
>>
>swap meet up
>requires full weekend badge to be a part of it
>swap meet only thurs-fri
>not even full weekend
>only going two days
>can't sign up

Im so pissed right now. Like, fucking bullshit straight out pissed. I was told that you have to have a badge for that day to participate. Oh, that's funny. YOU CANT BUY DAY OF BADGES UNTIL THE DAY YOU ATTEND.
>>
>>9464688
>>requires full weekend badge to be a part of it
Is tihs some way to prevent Dealers Room people from setting up at hte Swap Meet? I don't know if the Dealer badge counts as a regular full weekend badge.
>>
>>9416079
>RIP McDonalds
The McDonalds is gone?
I hope so one year(only year I went to that place) it was like a halfhour wait to get food and they gave me a bun with blue mold on it.
>>
>>9464828
They ask you what you would be selling at the Swap Meet. It cannot be anything handmade besides cosplays and props. Anything else like art that isn't made by the actual distributors can get you kicked out. You have to list everything you are selling and they will come by and double check. They do a quick run down with all the volunteers right before they open and after everyone is done setting up.
>>
>>9464868
It's been gone since late 2015 yeah
>>
Panels are posted with some pretty shitty grid design

http://www.fanime.com/panels/panel-listing/
>>
> Make Anime Great Again panel
Will this erupt into a shitfest?
>>
>>9461055
i'd stay away from him just because 1) he's not good 2) your chances of getting creeped on are pretty fucking high considering the evidence of how creepy he has been in the past

there's a lot more photographers out in norcal that don't suck and don't come with strings attached
>>
>>9466063
so speaking of photogs....who are the good ones in norcal? i wear interesting shit (but not flavor of the month stuff) but never seem to get a lot of photos....it would be helpful to know who to look for at cons (like there's always the one guy with the umbrellas setup over by the concrete wall on the mariott side) that's a decent photog.
>>
>>9466153
Toshi is the guy with the setup that never moves. He's not really spectacular but he's a solid photographer. Like you won't get anything amazing because he never moves and it's always going to be the concrete wall for a backdrop but the lights are good.

Bunny Tuan is good but she charges
Harrison is alright but he might just hang out
Reno is alright but he might just hang out
Roger Lee is good
Not sure if Alf is coming but he's good (he's socal)

what are you cosplaying? good shit?
>>
>>9466153
>>9466166
Newb question - how do you approach Toshi? Do you hover around and hope that he pulls you, do you wait and tap him on the shoulder after he's wrapped up shooting someone else, do you contact him beforehand?

And thanks for all the recs, >>9466166! I've only done impromptu setups with photogs before, but I have some fancier stuff this time that I'd like to get photographed in a more shoot-style setting.
>>
Narancia(JJBA), Ripley(Aliens), Chef Frank(Filthy Frank Hair Cake), might reuse a cosplay like Eleven or Mae
Ripley only has the gun and wig so far, Narancia needs the shoes painted, and Frank has been done for a few months now.
I'm rooming with a few friends and I never asked where we were rooming oops.
>will LineCon return?
This is my first year so I hope not
>/cgl/ meet up?
Probably not
>>
>>9466327
If you want to give him a heads up send him a message. I'm sure he'd just shoot you if you asked too. He's there the whole day everyday
>>
I think my friends might be secretly trying to ditch me.
Sad Sunday is sad
>>
>>9466710
Why do you think that?
>>
>>9464688
>>9464876
I'm having issues signing up because my second seller is staff and they won't email me back about verifying it. Why did they say to contact them about it if they won't do anything
>>
>>9432850
>>9433124

Not him but stay away from the Jack in the Box.
I go to the university there and every week I get a notification about someone getting shot or assaulted there. All the violence on campus is localized in that spot.
>>
>>9466724
I'm getting a lot of voicemails and unanswered emails while they all continue to update their social media about cosplay progress/ weekend plans.
sorry, im kind of venting
>>
>>9466794
Yeah, the Jack in the Box is a real crackheads-fighting-in-the-parking-lot type of establishment. Sometimes you just need something at four in the morning, though.
>>
>>9466803
Ah shit that sucks man, I'm sorry that your friends are being shitty. And no worries, if anything as long as it relates to Fanime it's fine
>>
21/F going to fanime alone this year bc all my friends decided to go raving and I'm too broke to afford both rip.

Anyone want to meet up and party?
I'll be wearing lolita most of the days and I'm doing a DVA cosplay. Im 90% done, I need to weather the armor and paint the head set ^^
>>
Just letting anyone know, if you need a room to stay, let me know. I'm stay at western.
>>
>>9467543
I may need one, how much?
>>
>>9467515
what you mean by meet up and party? like party in the hotel room or just hanging out?
>>
>>9467515
Hit up the cgl meetup, we all get hammered after
>>
>>9466790
finally got an email back, but it basically told me [mind you this idiot sounds like he doesn't even know how the fucking convention works] that he can't help me process my submission form because I don't have a valid badge. I am only attending Thursday and Saturday. I have no need for a full 5 day badge, so I will be purchasing my badges on site for those two days. I was told that without a valid badge # I cannot sell and that slots MIGHT be available at the door to sell with a valid badge. BUT..

>BUT

The guy emailing me said he is willing to let me sell on Thursday with a paid Saturday badge.

>paid saturday badge
>saturday badge

Anyone else see the issue there? You can't fucking buy those badges for single days until THAT day. So I can SELL on Thursday with a badge I CANT get until Saturday. Oh, okay. Makes fucking sense.

Do you even know HOW your convention fucking works?
>>
>>9467798
seriously fanime is fucking retarded minus the press department
>>
>>9467863
Ive always, always defended Fanime. For 10 years. I've never once talked bad about it. Regardless of canceled panels, artist alley problems, vendors being pulled. Even Line-Con. But holy fucking shit. The one thing I bother doing for 4 years ina row and this year I might not be able to do it because their system is fucked over something as dumb as requiring a full weekend badge for something I only want to, for the first time, attend for only 2 days? I'm furious. I was going to use the Swap Meet as means to pay for a vacation that my work will not pay me for. Guess Im not fucking going on vacation any longer because its not like I'll be able to sell unless they grant me some fancy special acceptance into Swap Meet.
>>
Shigeto Koyama is coming back this year. I am stupid-excited for that.

Chilchack (Delicious in Dungeon), Zack (Astra Lost in Space), Saiki (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K), and maybe Rannie (Dragon's Crown)

Bought Saiki, just need touchups on that, commissioned Zack, waiting for that to arrive, Chilchack miiiiight be finished next weekend, haven't done a thing on Rannie besides buy fabric, but his costume is pretty easy so I'm not worried.

Yup.

>will LineCon return?
Nope.

>/cgl/ meet up?
On staff, depends on my work schedule
>>
>>9467798
I'm still waiting on an email response from the 5th. Not a word out of them. What you just explained is next-level stupidity, so I'm worried about what happens when I get a response now. Hope you are able to figure something out, anon...
>>
hopefully I can make a friend this year ;_;
>>
>>9469077
Did you join the /cgl/ kik or follow the snaps yet?
>>
>>9460449
Not yet. Maybe this year will be the year.

>>9469077
c: We'll be your friend, anon (*)

* some restrictions may apply
>>
>>9469149
Restrictions like "if you're Asian and have a dick, you must let me suck it"

A perfectly fine restriction, honestly.
>>
>>9469608
Autism must also be kept to acceptable levels. I am a reasonable person.

> Spamming F5, hoping someone cancels their hotel reservation and a suite becomes available
Pray for me, anons
>>
>>9470011
What do you need a suite for?
>>
>>9469087
Pls aware
>>
>>9470092
To lure all the asian boy to their doom.
>>
File: senshi_dungeon_meshi_92768.jpg (26KB, 201x284px) Image search: [Google]
senshi_dungeon_meshi_92768.jpg
26KB, 201x284px
Getting my first cosplay together this year for the con (2nd time going) hand making most of it, hopefully it doesn't turn out too shitty. Just about to start attempting to make armor with eva foam and a heat gun. Wish me luck anons.
>>
tournaments announced when
>>
Who's going to Fanimania on Sunday?
>>
>>9428661
Add hero academia
>>
>>9465989
Ugh. Like, why even?
>>
>>9466166
One thing to add about Toshi

Because he uses the same setup, backdrop and lighting his turnaround for photos is INSANELY fast. He's a photographer you wont have to worry about pictures disappearing.

Plus he lets you cycle through all your pose ideas so you can really get everything out
>>
>>9471227
>>9428661
I love that you didn't even get the names right
>>
I'm so fucked for finishing my lineup even though I dropped like two plans already. It's a shitshow
>>
>>9471664
You can do it anon. I believe in you. You will be baller as fuck.
>>
>>9471766
WISH ME LUCK TOO MY SHIT HELLA DELAYED
>>
>>9471131
Me I'll be there all weekend famalam
>>
>>9471977
You got this! Good luck! May your needles be sharp and your patterns accurate!
>>
I never been to events with guests so I have to ask, do they usually let us sign whatever we want or only what they allow? Or does it depend per guest?
>>
>>9472180
Free for all but use your head. Don't have them sign weird stuff. One guy next to me in line was going to have Megumi Nakajima (Ranka from Macross F) sign a doujin. I managed to convince him that was a horrible idea.
>>
>>9472224
Yeah wasn't gonna do anything cringy like that, was just thinking of a poster I'll make related to Kanae Itou's roles.
>>
>>9462436
what are you cosplaying from p4 and pokemon?
>>
>>9472227
I'm sure she'll sign it. Most conventions will allow anything. Japan Expo USA did deny non official goods though. Translator said no to a shikishi autograph
>>
File: DungeonMeshi_ChilchakAH.png (58KB, 255x270px) Image search: [Google]
DungeonMeshi_ChilchakAH.png
58KB, 255x270px
>>9471055
Ahhhhhh you're wearing Senshi to Fanime????? I'm working on Chilchack right now
>>
Begrudgingly shoveled out $85 for a Fanime weekend badge and another $40 for Swap Meet.

Fanime, you're killing me this year. Safe to say, I'm not exactly looking forward to attending at all. For the first time in 10 years of going, I'm not feeling like I am going to have any fun at all.
>>
File: harJYm4.png (318KB, 547x562px) Image search: [Google]
harJYm4.png
318KB, 547x562px
>>9472321
Awesome! I think we will be the only dungeon meshi characters there, so it should be easy to find each other!
>>
WHO IS READY TO FIND OUT ABOUT PROMETHEUS!? FIND ME AT THE TURD! #RETIRED #BROTOGRAPHER
>>
where's the party at gulls
>>
>>9472484
Hilton hopefully if they dont do elevator checks again
>>
>>9472498
Elevator checks?
>>
>>9472505
They've had staff check a few times that everyone going up has keycards, usually the hotel staff gets tired of doing it, it really depends if people break one of the elevators for like the 6th year in a row or not
>>
>>9470092
>>9470550
Something like that.

>>9472527
Hilton was super no chill last year. One room I was in (not even partying) had security come because they noticed a lot of people going into the room over something like a 30 minute period.
>>
File: FUCK.png (52KB, 260x253px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
52KB, 260x253px
ALL MY FRIENDS DON'T KNOW IF THEY CAN GO UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE AND THE ONLY FRIEND THAT CAN IS ONLY GOING FOR ONE DAY
>>
>>9472564
Don't worry mate, hang out with us.
>>
>>9469608
I'm a muscular Asian boy and I will gladly comply with such restriction.
>>
>>9472564
I've had experience with people like this too and it fucking pisses me off. It's best to just write them off as a "no," as that's what the final answer is 90% of the time.

If setting aside some time or money for the con is such a big dilemma for you then just don't bother.
>>
>>9472614
Honestly I've marked all of them down as a no at this point. Hopefully I make some friends at the con I plan to play in a vidya tournament or two and maybe hangout in some of the screening rooms.
>>
>>9472321
I'm also going as Senshi. I don't know how good the costume itself will turn out, as I'm a novice, but I will be handing out an array of snacks to everyone.
>>
>>9472351
do you expect to make a lot of cash from swap meet?
>>
>>9472610
Beanie might like twinks only
I dunno if he likes muscle guys

seriously though he might vacuum your dick off and send you to the hospital
>>
>>9472848
Oh yeah. I made close to 2000 last year and this year I have even more figures, kigus, cosplays, wigs.. etc. Even 4DS games, Switch games, PS4/3.. Im planning on making bank. I also have a couple lolita pieces that I was lucky enough to scalp some girls $20 over the price of. May sound shitty, but if you are going in to buy stuff and you don't take the time to use Google, thats your own fault.
>>
>>9472746
The most senshi's in one place...ever I think. I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'm also new at cosplay, but I'm tryingy darnsest not to make it look like shit. Figure our your beard and wig yet?
>>
>>9472861
Nah, I understand the resale game. Does explain why you really wanted in to swap meet haha. One of the few places where you have a market for cheap at a con without needing a $500+ booth
>>
>first few years of fanime enjoy the arcade
>last two years i dont go
Am i the only who doesent like a huge warhouse like room with video games and just noise over all
>>
>>9473221

Yeah, I tried this one out and it seems to work well for the beard. Probably the hair, too, although it may need to be trimmed:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QLZRZLU/
>>
>>9473343
This is every big con in a convention center. This isn't unique to Fanime and because of electrical stuff there's no good alternative
>>
>>9473420
Japan expo in its first year had a conference room to the brin of arcade games and console games. I guess jot every con can have their own room with arcade that isnt full of concrete and wide open spaces
>>
>>9473437
Jx in its first year decided to use the big wide empty concrete space for exhibits, aa, panels, dedemonstrations, autographs instead.
>>
>>9472498
>>9472527
Well that sounds like a shit time.
I'm rooming at the fairmont so let's just party there. I know the person renting the penthouse this year
>>
>>9472564
My one friend I'm supposed to be carpooling with has started being flakey like this just recently, she was all gung fucking ho last month but now she's stopped replying to my texts trying to start a convo about planning and is giving me all the 'I've got a lot of personal things going on' shit so I'm just writing her off as a no at this point
>>
>>9472545
>Hilton security checking rooms
Wait seriously? Well that fucking sucks, glad I'm only rooming with two others this year and not the usual 8+ if they are actually going to try and enforce they number of ppl in a room
>>
File: IMG_2616.jpg (67KB, 442x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2616.jpg
67KB, 442x627px
>tfw friends can't afford to come
>>
>>9473343
You have never smelled a smaller ballroom full of sweaty DDR weebs before, have you? I'll keep my giant warehouse with air circulation.
>>
>>9473690
my friends acted the same way, super juiced about going and then when the time came to buy tickets they started acting all flaky so now I'm probably going alone. qq
>>
>>9473390
Nice, you will have a much longer beard than me. How are you tackling the armor and helm ?
>>
>>9473992
Mine just officially bailed an hour ago, guess we are both fucked anon, meet up?
>>
>>9473939
I personally spend 70% of my time in the Fanime arcade
>>
>>9474200
His only actual armor is the lap-guard thing. He just wears a shirt and a kilt with possibly leather or fur bracers. I guess he does have greaves.

I was probably going to do thermoplastic foam for the greaves, paperclay for the helmet.
>>
>>9472610
Do I know you?

>>9472850
I have no standards, but the qt grils I roll with are pretty specific.

>>9473769
I know some people got away with room stuffing; they might have stopped caring after Friday (or Thursday? I don't remember).

In other news, paying $1000 for two nights + flight :(
>>
>>9474368
I thought for sure he had a breastplate and the lap-guard armor, guess that's less work for me. Already made a full tunic with the white fur trim, same with bracers. his greaves go down to his armored sandle things, and then just the helm. Made the horns out of cardboard and a hot glue gun, just need to cover with paper mache and paint it to give it that textured look. Got a good pattern to cut the helm, or are you just gonna draw and free hand it?
>>
>>9473687
and we do to. thanks for the heads up. we will have to pay extra attention thus year

-fairmont security.
>>
>>9474220
ye I'm always down to make new friends, when\where?
>>
>>9474390
Probably make a frame out of chicken wire. I went as Sans last year, and we got good results from using chicken wire as a removable scaffold.
>>
>>9474441
Would love to see some progress pics when you get around to it.
>>
if anyone has a room at the fairmont (or any of the other closeby hotels) they want to give up, shoot me an email.
>>
>>9474431
fairmont is a decoy
real party is at the hilton
>>
File: IMG_1461.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1461.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>9472850
>vacuum your dick off
my sides are gone
>>
File: IMG_2620.jpg (63KB, 700x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.jpg
63KB, 700x492px
>>9474431
11/10 RUSE M888
>>
>>9474434
cgl meetup if there is one...

Can we get that going? I vote for Saturday night under the weird sound statue thing outside the convention center. Anyone who is a gull pls wave your arms and make seagull noises to alert others of your status
>>
>>9474973
While I won't deny that that sounds nothing short of hysterical, why not Saturday night by the hub?
It's likely to be less crowded around 9:00 or 9:30 and easier for us to spot each other.
As for us actually spotting the meetup, we can just post pictures in the thread so people know who to look for.
I'm pretty sure at least one of us will be wearing a cosplay that's pretty easy to spot.
>>
>>9472364
>>9472746
Daaaaaang, two Senshi!! I'm way excited. My costume isn't turning out too hot but STILL, SO EXCITED. I hope we can find each other. I'll probably just be Chilchack on Saturday though.
>>
>>9475682
9pm ish at the hub on Saturday sounds good to me, I'll try to remember to post in here weekend of con
>>
>>9475978
Probably only going to have senshi made so I'll be rocking him all weekend. I'll look for ya though!
>>
So what exactly happened last meetup? I had to leave early so couldn't make it. qq
>>
>>9475978
My Senshi will probably be terrible, but I will have snacks. I started giving out treats when I cosplayed as Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler a few years back, and have made a habit of it. It'll all be packaged stuff, unfortunately, although I might bring jerky for the people brave enough to try it.
>>
any girl wanna hang out with me (male) and my boyfriend? optionally we can have a threesome.
>>
>>9476317
What group cosplay are you trying to complete? If you're not cosplaying I'm not interested because it means you're just wasting my time and you're not even that into anime.
>>
>>9476317
Gay
>>
>>9476317
How cute are you guys
>>
>>9476317
why would any girl want a three way with you while they could just go to beanie-kun and have carts blanche on asian bois and his harem of sluts?
>>
>>9476317
post pics
>>
File: IMG_1465.jpg (56KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1465.jpg
56KB, 640x330px
>tfw in a fanime con FB group and literally every day someone else posts their deadpool crossover cosplay, sometimes the same person doing more than one
>>
>>9476983
Because those things are just memes and beanie hangs out with 1 other tripfag from this board ( star )
The /cgl/ meets aren't some fucking secret club, stop giving people implied superiority.
Fucking tripfags.
>>
>>9476983
why would i wanna hang out with another guy when my goal is have more experience with females? i already have an asian cute twink boyfriend.

>>9476963
>>9477008
rather would just hang out first before even deciding for a threesome, i rather it not be an image thing and have it be friendship turned into some fun.
>>
>>9477009
Recently saw a Harley/Deadpool crossover in someone's lineup on a fanime con FB group, things happen so much
>>
It's almost been ten days and after some bullshit back and forth with emails, I have yet to get my second seller staff verified so I can pay for a damn swap meet spot. Why the fuck is the swap meet so unorganized? It's like they don't want my money or something
>>
>>9477169
everything you hear about beanie and his girls is 100% true, it's one of the rare cases where it's not a meme

source: somehow ended up in his suite at anime california
>>
>>9478186
did you get your d s'd?
>>
>>9477735
Are you the one who said you were also waiting on an email back? Hell anon, try to email them again or contact the Fanime page on FB [which responds in a day and they can tell the staff to get their email shit together which worked for me]. Sounds like you need to tell them that you only want to have yourself on the ticket. If your friend is taking this long and holding you up on the application, drop them.
>>
>>9474390

>>>/tg/53243835

Has a full image of his outfit, although it's on Chilchak.
>>
I'm from the area but it'll be my first con. Planning on going with a friend and his gf but I'm not really intent on being third wheel. Anyone wanna hangout? My kik is ultradrone, I'm a guy btw.
>>
Just signed up for the swap meet and I'm on the waitlist for both days. How likely will it be that I'll get a spot? Will I probably have to show up day of with my stuff and see if anyone bails?
>>
File: 1482693324842.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1482693324842.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Daddy won't let me stay in the hotel room with boys.
>>
Getting this train wreck back on track

So what's everyone's plans so far?
>>
>>9479992
DICKBUTT ROOM 2: DICK THE BUTT HARDER
>>
>>9478568
Yeah, that was me. I don't know why I'm getting the lazy people who don't want to do their damn job. It has nothing to do with my friend, she's given me everything that's been asked for since day one. Thanks for the suggestion about the facebook, though! I'll keep that in mind the next time I have to jump through hoops
>>
>>9480073
crossboarders plz go
>>
File: lolkirby.png (836KB, 1460x1444px) Image search: [Google]
lolkirby.png
836KB, 1460x1444px
>>9476983
We don't really have room for more girls. I could only get like 450 sqft this year.

>>9477169
I don't know Star and I usually don't hang out with anyone from cgl, aside from occasionally Obasu and Pixel. I think you're thinking of someone else.

>>9476045
What's the hub?

>>9478186
I vaguely remember you! I was really drunk. You came just before we left for a party, didn't you?

>>9480094
Like 9/10 people posting in the thread who meet up are crossboarders tho

Pic related, me irl
>>
>>9478911
huh...the beard really DOES cover it all up...
>>
>>9480177
If you don't hang with /cgl/ people and already have your own con crew, why bother being in this thread? Not trying to be insulting or mean, just a little confused.
>>
>>9477176
Oh yer serious lmaoo
>>
>>9479074
Come to the meet up

>>9477187
Haha I think I know who you mean

>>9479992
party

Anyone on here get bumped from the fairmont? I heard a bunch of people got moved bc they overbooked (one-a-fucking-gain)
>>
>>9480806
>Anyone on here get bumped from the fairmont? I heard a bunch of people got moved bc they overbooked (one-a-fucking-gain)

As far as I can tell some people just can't log in, but sadly it wouldn't surprised me. I'm glad I managed to waitlist into the Hilton
>>
>>9480924
I've heard from several people today that they got an email bumping them to the holiday inn, but their room is comped by the fairmont. I'm at the fairmont but so far no email
>>
>force you to buy a badge to get a room at a decent hotel
>then shoves you into a ass far hotel

Start filing those charge backs guys!
>>
>>9480253
I still like to stop by and say hi, plus we've found a few cute guys (and I like having my ego stroked).

>>9480806
>>9481185
I've heard of a few friends getting bumped. One of them mentioned their room for next year was also comped.
>>
>>9479445
You'll probably be fine. Last year everyone was able to get in but we will see if it has gotten even more popular.
>>
File: laugh.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
1MB, 320x180px
My sister's friend who bought a group of tickets [6 for $510] didn't realize she forgot to give herself a nickname. Its her first Fanime and I've tried to tell my sister to give her my advice as this is my 10th year going. The dumbass won't listen to my sister [who has gone twice before, so even she knows how it works] and bought 3 more tickets because the group holder was default "FanimeCon Weekend Membership" as the name, spelt another girl's name wrong, and then spelt another dude's name wrong.

She was telling me all this and I was just laughing so hard.

> ME: "Does she not know that the group holder has a default name because that's how it works and that it doesn't matter if anyone else's name is wrong because as long as the group leader has their ID, they can get all the badges? No one else needs their ID!"
> SISTER: "I can't help that my friends are dumb. If needed, can I hang out with you at the convention?"
> Me: "HELL YEAH YOU CAN!"

So she basically bought 3 more tickets when she didn't need to! Ahahahaha!

On another note, they moved pick-up to the main lobby where it used to be so many years ago. Fanime... Please just pick one fucking area and stick with it. Jesus christ.
>>
>>9481820
I don't understand why they changed it from a couple years ago when there was literally no line at all, then the following year line con again.
Personally I go to clockwork bc idgaf about the badge artwork
>>
>>9482883
An anon said the Fanime owner cheaped out and decided not to pay the people who set up the reg system and they had to scramble to switch back to the crap system
>>
>>9482895
Fanime is a for-profit S-corp run by shareholders who bought shares nearly 2 decades ago now. Read more about ARG if you're interested.
There's a reason they want you to be able to blame Fanime's volunteer staff rather than the people behind the curtain holding the purse strings.
>>
>A lot of the old Cafes and Restaurants including mcdonalds and quickly

What the fuck happened
>>
noob question, but is there a place where the fandom meetups/photo shoots are all posted?
>>
>>9482925
For the last time, McDonald has been gone for years now
>>
File: IMG_2675.jpg (500KB, 736x982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2675.jpg
500KB, 736x982px
my line up
>>
FYI if you have your name/card on a room, fanime housing handed all reservations over to hotels today and they are starting to charge deposits. If the card you put down gets declined, they will cancel your reservation with no notice.
>>
>>9483600
Yeah I was fine with housing this year because they gave us a heads up about reg times but this is just shitty. Especially since people have paydays on Friday who probably would have had the money.
>>
>>9483607
Yep I've been seeing ppl in the fanime FB group posting all day about how either the wrong card was on file or there was insufficient funds (due to absolutely no warning) and their room got straight up canceled with no notice, just email saying too fucking bad basically.
Luckily I found it early this morning and my group was able to move stuff around so our card was good to go but otherwise we would've been screwed.

Good news for anyone on the waitlist I guess bc reservations are dropping like flies today
>>
>>9482918
I'm not blaming volunteers I'm blaming the fact they make money and can't shell it out into actually making a competent event.
>>
>>9483600
same happened to us, holy shit

we just lost two rooms, what the fuck are we gonna do?
>>
>>9480806
>Anyone on here get bumped from the fairmont? I heard a bunch of people got moved bc they overbooked (one-a-fucking-gain)

i managed to snag a waitlist room at the fairmont, and fortunately haven't gotten an email about being bumped. i did login to check my reservation and everything looks okay so far.
>>
just lost my room
>>9483668
feels

kind of freaking out
>>
WELP JUST LOST MY ROOM
WHAT THE FUCK FANIME WHAT THE FUCK
>>
How are so many of you losing your rooms? Are congoers financially irresponsible? A charge of a few hundred dollars shouldn't be enough for your card to be declined.
>>
>>9483729
waitlist anon from above....i noticed that when my waitlist request went through, CMR or whoever TOTALLY bungled my card's expriation date. i went in and fixed everything right away, but i'm betting that a lot of people didn't notice that their card number or exp date was incorrect when the waitlist went through,
>>
>>9483729
-Some people might have the wrong card listed, we did book months ago and stuff happens
-The charge was supposed to be next week
-Even with the warning it was a very small part of the email.
-They should have given some kind f heads up if they were going against their own fine print
-Fanime manages to screw up again and fuck people over.

That being said, my friends who got fucked over are people I think should be saving their money and I don't know how they manage in the first place.
>>
those of you who lost rooms, did you get an email or something alerting you about it?

just checked my credit card and i'm seeing an authorization pending from the fairmont, so i should be good, right?
>>
Are people only getting booted from the Fairmont?
>>
>>9483753
im wondering this as well, I got charged but the part of the site where you check your reservation doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

I just got an email about my badge, they said a hotel email should also be on its way.
>>
I love the delicious tears of poor people at Fanime, honestly if you can't afford a room you shouldn't have booked it. Now a paying customer will be able to attend the con.
>>
>>9483763
I don't think this is totally fair as some of hte people getting booted were waiting on payments from roommates. That being said I'm glad I'm past the point in my life that I need con stuffing to afford a room.
>>
>>9483760
I called earlier because I was trying to transfer an extra room but the guy said today is a "gray day" because all the info is being handed over to the hotels to handle from this point forward. I don't think anything can be changed today.
>>
>>9483770
Meh. If you're the person in charge of booking the room and getting money from people you should be the person with the biggest safety net.
>>
>>9483763
>>9483770
also i'm betting a fair number of people's info was screwed up when they got off the wait list (mine certainly was)
>>
I know other cons have really cutthroat hotel booking like Fanime but do other major cons handle bookings so poorly?
>>
File: 1495088472862.png (289KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1495088472862.png
289KB, 540x438px
Any one of you cucks driving up from LA (or through) and want a carpool buddy? Its either that or take the bus for me, and I've taken the bus plenty of times before, but Carpools are fun.

For day 0, preferably.
>>
File: IMG_2677.jpg (31KB, 326x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2677.jpg
31KB, 326x510px
>>9483729
>>9483763
Yes you elitist fucks there are a lot of people who go to cons who don't just have a few hundred bucks lying around at any given time.
Yes broke people go to cons.
We put about 5-6 people on a room, everyone pays the room holder in cash or via PayPal, and usually this isn't a problem bc fanime hotels have never charged before the day of check-in in the past.
Seriously go fuck yourselves.
>>
So fanime housing fucked up giving the list to the fairmont and they are trying to resolve it. If you are in a diff hotel, you are probably fine unless you're card got declined for some reason. All the problems I'm seeing are fairmont related at this point
>>
>>9483856
my question still stands....how do people know if they lost their room? did they get emailed about it being canceled?
>>
I understand you all complaining about the hotel thing, but for fucks sake. Be adults. Have that money for the hotel saved up already. Shouldve paid it early too if you have people rooming with you. Why the fuck would you wait until they announced it? What would you have done if you didn't get paid Friday like you all keep bitching? Holy shit. I understand if this is someone's first convention, first time ever booking a hotel, but just so everyone knows.. The hotels have their booking dues. They don't announce through Fanime. Waiting on an email from Fanime is beyond fucking stupid when it should be the hotel you are trying to get info from because it is under their reservation you have your name regardless of the Fanime housing discounts.

But seriously... This close to Fanime and the people losing their hotel spots didn't have money prepped? Fucking dumbasses. You have yourselves to blame. They give you a damn DUE BY DATE when you book. Holy shit. Fanime tells you that you booked with their discount, but your reservation is with the actual hotel. Be smarter. Its the same as if you book through Expedia vs the actual hotel website itself.
>>
>tfw you book your room months in advance and now you don't have to deal with all these bullshit

Feel good, can't wait for fanime. Glad I didn't book through fanime shit. I don't care if it save a dollar or two.
>>
>>9483901
And even if you book through Fanime, you pay the hotel directly, not through Fanime. Im so confused how people are this dumb? A week before Fanime and people dont have money saved for their hotel? Idiots. Not Fanime's fault at all.
>>
Anyone have room for 3 in their room? This room shit has left us homeless for con ;_;
>>
>over 4k in my account
>Card is correct, just checked for the 10th fucking time
>Just got email that they cancelled. Visa says they didn't even attempt to run it. All my other cards have no record of attempted transaction
>I was at the Fairmont

This is not the first time this shade ass con has stole people's rooms and cancelled them. The whole forcing people to buy badges that are non-transferrable just to get a room is the fucking scam.

Fuck you Fanime. I'm filing a fraud case tonight with my card company. I advise the rest of you do too and shut these retards payment systems down.
>>
>>9483873
I did have the money in my account. Shut your god damn uninformed ass up and get off your high horse.
>>
>>9483997
Oh, boohoo. Call the hotel then instead of bitching? I like more horse. Sorry you have a donkey.
>>
>>9484007
Hotel has no record of reservation. Go fuck yourself you smug shit. I hope that email is sitting in your spam.
>>
>>9483993
How can I file a fraud case if they haven't even processed my payment?
>>
>>9483993
Did you ever check with the hotel or the fine line on your registration that says it must be paid off by x-date? More hotels do that. Especially when you book through services. Im going to Disney soon in July, but I have to have everything paid at the hotel by June 6th.
>>
>>9484024
>live 10-minute drive away

Keep crying bby. Have fun not attending. \\o// Won't miss your attendance.
>>
>>9484027
They made you pay for a badge.
>>
>>9484032
It's okay. Karma will balance out. Hope nothing unfortunate happens to you on the way. Who am I kidding, I hope someone cuts your brake lines.
>>
>>9484050
Stay salty, Sally. Enjoy your nonrefundable deposit and badge.
>>
>>9484029
There is nothing about that. They could have taken the entire god damn stay and I would have still been over 2k in available balance. The fact is they claimed they tried to run the card for the deposit and lied about it.
>>
>>9484054
Actually badge is already refunded through a chargeback and Chase is filing a fraud investigation after I explained to them how you are forced to buy a non-refundable badge to get housing. It is an illegal business practice. If the badge was transferable or able to be refunded, it would have been allowed.
>>
>>9484054
Christ anon who pissed in your cereal this morning?
>>
>>9484055
Sounds like what happened to me when I booked through Good Neighbor Hotels for my Disneyland trip last year. I called 3 weeks before I was supposed to go and the hotel said they had no such reservation. Called the Disneyland hotline, asked what was happening, gave them my confirmation email number and everything. They contacted the hotel, solved the problem. They just didn't send it out for some reason, but I was still able to get my room PLUS an upgrade. Mother fucking spa tub and fireworks view, say what? Maybe you guys can try that [probably without the upgrade though].
>>
>>9484060
Fanime will probably say it couldn't run. Regardless, all badges are nonrefundable. You would've bought a weekend badge anyway like most people. At least I think you would've. They have small print that I bet no one read regarding hotels not being available and it not being their liability. This is why you always, always read the agreements.
>>
Where the fuck are the cosplay gathering areas?
I see the list but it's just some mumble jumbo code with no map.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21023.0.html?PHPSESSID=05s4Oym7bI7Ynfl,xXlA-3
>>
>>9483873
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The fairmont fucked up. That's why rooms were canceled.
>>
>>9484065
Im not the one making threats. Y'all got fucked. You knew what you were doing when you booked through Fanime. This happens every year. Surprise? I think not.
>>
>>9484065
Oh, did I scare your poor widdle head because someone threw out some bait and got their arm bit off?

Don't you have a berkely riot to go to. Go chase some Trump supporters.
>>
>>9484080
You obviously didn't read anything I said except for, like, one sentence. I said the Fairmont fucked up. Read harder. Fanime is responible. Its like booking through a 3rd party. You always, ALWAYS call the hotel after booking anything. Even through Expedia or other travel sites. Fanime housing isn't any different. The people who didn't double check their reservation at any and all hotels screwed themselves over. Fanime isn't at fault.
>>
>>9484081
>>9484084
I hope you both die in a fire
>>
>>9484073
How is that shit not criminal? We force you to buy a badge but then fuck you over on purpose and claim we are not liable?

Holy shit why do people still go to this assbag of a con?
>>
>>9484085
Did you not read the post were guy said he checked 10 times and the card was correct, no attempt to pull the funds was actually ever made?

Are you just some fucking cuck Fanime staffer trying to defend the con or are you just a normal fan cuck? Either way you are sucking that dick real hard.
>>
File: fireghost.gif (977KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
fireghost.gif
977KB, 500x250px
>>9484086
You won't be there to see it. That sucks.
>>9484088
You aren't forced to buy a hotel though. You have to buy a non-refundable badge no matter what. If you get a hotel or not. Even day tickets. You people choose this convention. Blame yourselves. Even when people constantly say what is wrong with it. You know very well, and everyone else who has a weekend badge or hotel through them, that this stuff always fucks up every year. You risked it. Not Fanime's fault. Filing claims at this point is a petty move. Badge should be revoked if thats the case.
>>
>>9484091
He checked AFTER the email saying the hotel was lost. Probably shouldve checked before anything was going to go through in general to make sure a spot was secured on their hotel registry.
>>
>>9484096
Yes I will you piece of shit. This is not stopping me from coming. I've been going to this con a long time and have plenty of options in terms of roommates.
>>
>>9484099
>>9484099
>>9484099
NEW THREAD
>>
>>9484096
So tempted to call Chase and let them know about how Fanime works, so that this investigation anon is trying to set up goes to hell. Lol.
>>9484103
Then stop bitching and enjoy the fact that you saved money by rooming with other people instead of paying for your own hotel. Probably shouldve gone with the latter option anyway.

>I have another option
>going to demand refunds anyway

You're like a soccer mom at any establishment.
>>
>>9484107
How fucking retarded are you?? I never said anything about demanding a refund. You realize this is an anonymous board where you are likely talking to more than one person at any given time??
>>
>>9484096
How does one blame themselves when the funds were available and the card was correct?

Frankly, I did not chose this convention, I just work for a certain vendor and we get invited as industry guests in the dealers room.

You sound like one of their staffers who is trying to pass the buck. I wouldn't be surprised if you are the guy we just got off the phone with and informed we are cancelling.

Sad, there is going to be a huge hole in the industry section of the dealers room. Thankfully with AX, we never have or had this issue. This is like the 3rd time with Fanime and the general feeling is we are rejecting their invitation next year. We are also going to be disgusting this with our other industry partners.
>>
>>9484107
Chase saw the policy on their webpage. They are more aware of it then you.
>>
>>9484120
Lol not a staffer. Just someone who doesn't appreciate little brats who don't know how to double check reservations for anything and expect the world to hand them everything they want on a silver platter. Man up. You shouldve checked months ago about your housing. Not through Fanime, through the actual hotel you are staying at.
>>
>>9484126
checkin months ago is meaningless. Jesus fucking christ anon. This. Just. Happened.
>>
>>9484120
>work for a vendor in the dealers hall
>company didn't think to check reservations again before it got closer to fanime

Either your company honestly wasn't invited and you are saying it was, or your company is dumb as fuck. If you are honestly a company invited to attend then contact Fanime and demand a room. However, invites don't mean guaranteed rooms and badges. Invites are invites. Not like you are a guest of honor.
>>9484130
Double checking that your reservation was on file is not meaningless. Thats how the fucking world works. Shouldve contacted the hotel to double check at least a month before Fanime, after you booked through Fanime and got the confirmation that you got your block for a room. You are merely being careless and you have yourself to blame.
>>
>>9484134
you do realize that CMR doesn't hand over the hotel bookings until like now, right?? fairmont wouldn't know who had a reservation between january and now. all the firmont knew before today was that they had given fanime X number of rooms at the con rate to sell.

jesus fuck you're an idiot who obviously doesn't deal with meeting registrations and rd parties very often.
>>
>>9484267
I do and Ill have you know that last year we paid the day of arrival at the hotel. Same with the year before. Even then my fucking group head wasn't dumb enough to not check weeks before we arrived to see if they have gotten the info from Fanime about our reserved block. You know what we did? Called Fanime when we were told they didn't have a booking, Fanime called them, confirmed out reservation, and the fucking problem was solved.

So take your lazy fucking ass off of the couch and fucking deal with the fact that you and so many other dumbshits waited until a week before the convention, without money saved A WEEK BEFORE THE CONVENTION, for a fucking hotel room that costs $$$$$$. Have your fucking money saved. Call in advance to check your reservations. Get your lazy ass into gear and learn how to be a fucking adult about booking things like hotels for a convention that sold out in a day of hotel blocks. Maybe that is a God damned clue that YOU fucked up. A convention so popular in NorCal and you decide to do nothing but bitch and moan about not getting an email saying they will charge you? Bitch, most places don't even do that shit. MOST places give you a time limit. Sorry Fanime didn't inform you they were sending out the blocks to be charged, but God damn. You are a WEEK AWAY FROM FANIME.

Mother fucker. BE PREPARED. Don't blame not putting hotel money aside as being anyone's fault but your own. Don't put not checking reservations a week before the convention, one of the most popular ones in NorCal as being anyone else's fucking problem but your own. Anyone with a fucking brain would wonder "Hm.. Weird.. I haven't been charged for my hotel yet." Mother fucker. Get a clue.
>>
>>9484270
Are you the same guy ranting about how pre-reg is dumb last year?
>>
>>9484298
No. Pre-reg is dumb every year. Any Fanime attendee would know this. Except for the one year, it was in the lower area of the renovated part of the convention. That was a breeze.
>>
>>9428661
Nier and persona 5. Maybe a larger Touken Ranbu group.
>>
from the facebook group:

>After a couple of phone calls and a bit of yelling i got through to fanime housing and this mistake lies on their end. The fairmont will be working to resolve the cancellations so please contact them and leave your information with a callback number. Fanime housing failed to mentions changes to people and they are going to work to figure out how to fix it. Also there is a possibility of refunds for tickets.

>Update: They are gonna have the rooms officially in their system tomorrow and should be working to reinstate rooms that were lost due to this charge.
>>
>>9484300
Specifically there was a guy claiming that its faster to register at-con.
>>
>>9484270
dude, i didn't lose my room....calm your tits.

FWIW, the email confirmation states clearly that deposits are taken up to 48 hours before arrival. this is what the housing website USED to read until the afternoon of 5/18, when it magically switched to 7-14 days. no one was notified. it's kind of a dick move on fanime's part.

this kind of shit would never fly at any of the professional meetings i attend (coincidentally, several of them use CMR as a 3rd party agent and i've NEVER had issues like fanime seems to....which says something to me about fanime's management)
>>
>>9484270
Relax Masoud
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.