[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHICAGO C2E2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 5926144716_f59c49491c_m.jpg (20KB, 177x240px) Image search: [Google]
5926144716_f59c49491c_m.jpg
20KB, 177x240px
Is anyone thinking about attending this event?
>>
I'm only going on Friday. How is the cosplay at C2E2?
>>
>>9407776
Next time you may want to use the official logo for the thread. I'm sure most anons who are actually going would notice it over fur.

>>9408530
I've been at war over a full weekend or 1 day because the price for Fri+Sat is pretty much a full pass. The cosplay is a mixed bag. Last year was my first time going and there was a mix of /co/ icons of variant qualities (Korra/Gravity Falls/DC/Mahvel). Also a lot of kids there too to add to it. Surprised to see so much anime and vidya included.

I really wanted to do Foxxy Love but my body isn't ready for it. So I'm debating between /mlp/ or Lana Kane. Likely going for pony because the shoes I have for Lana are incredibly painful to wear for more than 10 minutes.
>>
I'm really looking forward to it. I think it's probably the best con in Illinois, even though I do have a soft spot for Acen and still like it a lot. I'm not super into comics, at least not as much as I am into anime/vidya, but the past two years I've been there I've enjoyed myself immensely (I even ended up going alone last year and still had a lot of fun)

Cosplay wise I was really impressed, I saw a lot of "big build" cosplays with huge armor/props that took up a lot of space and they were really cool and impressive, with full LEDs and everything. Of course there are lots of mediocre spidermans, deapools, and random crossover disney princess things too but I also saw some dudes riding around in mad max bike things and it was so cool. The convention center is better than a usual hotel for photoshoots. The fountains are pretty, would be nice for a water-theme cosplay.

The McCormick Center itself is a nice place too even if its a little big and overwhelming. Since I'm not really into a whole lot of comics or western animation and stuff I mostly just went to cosplay, see friends, do shoots, look around the show floor and the show floor did not disappoint me. It's massive and there's a lot to do and look at.

There's a cafeteria area in the middle of the show floor. It had really long lines, so I ended up going to the McDonald's instead which was crowded but less of a line.

So yeah, I recommend it. I also think the badge prices are pretty fair. I ended up procrastinating last year on ordering my badge and pre-ordered the night before I think and only had to wait for 5 minutes in line. It seems to be organized and run well.
>>
>>9411320
>It seems to be organized and run well.
This 100%. The line to the dealers hall was absolutely massive. But I got through in less than a few minutes. Weapons check was efficient too. I had gotten so used to Acen's poor speeds that it was an honest surprise when the longest time I had to stand in line was to get food.
>>
Who are all you weirdos who actually think C2E2 is a good con?

It's a shit fest where you have to pay money to meet any of the guests - strike one.

Tons of the people are weirdo comic book nerds; if you don't know, they're way fucking worse than anime fans, because they're ALWAYS gross smelly men. This con is 80% dudes.

The other half is dudebros who want to be nerds because of Deadpool and Marvel movies.

And, it's all one big fucking exhibit hall. At 8pm, shit's just done. I wanna stay up and party and actually make some friends.

Fuck man go to any other con. ACen. Anime Midwest. Con Alt Delete.

Comic cons are the fucking worst.
>>
>>9415576

Oh, and cosplay. It's MAYBE 10% of attendees. Nope.

If you want good cosplay, check ACen and Midwest.
>>
>>9415576
Maybe some people are actually interested in more than animes and mangos? I'm not big on comics but I still like /co/ content. And it's nice browsing the dealers hall. I made quite a few friends from the speed dating, and despite knowing little to nothing about the panels and guests, I still found it a nice, new experience compared to Acen.

Also Yaya Han is so tiny in person.
>>
>>9415587

But anime cons are a lot more than anime and manga. There's cosplay, the dances, the various guests.

At comic cons like C2E2, really the WHOLE focus is on:
1. A big dealers room (great for like.... five hours, then you're done)
2. Paying to see guests

Most of the panels are crap, cost money, or are hard to get into.
>>
>>9415576
>>9415577
nice reddit spacing
>>
File: 1440115637805.png (175KB, 615x494px) Image search: [Google]
1440115637805.png
175KB, 615x494px
>>9416069
And I don't go to the panels at acen, nor the rave, and I honestly almost never care about the guests unless it's a certain VA. The things you claim to dislike, I don't care about. I just like to socialize and see neat things.
>>
I'll wear my number to all 3 days if you find me and wish to say hi.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.