[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 75

File: 1464596168129.jpg (53KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1464596168129.jpg
53KB, 500x669px
Didn't see one in the catalog, and I just love these threads
Post inpo or tutorials or ask questions or whatever, just keep it hair related!
>>
File: braidbun1.jpg (76KB, 310x810px) Image search: [Google]
braidbun1.jpg
76KB, 310x810px
>>9395200
I'll post a couple tutorials. I'm a white girl with white girl hair, so sorry, no Japanese tutorials.
>>
File: braidbun2.jpg (59KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
braidbun2.jpg
59KB, 540x324px
>>9395225
>>
File: braidbun3.jpg (117KB, 540x787px) Image search: [Google]
braidbun3.jpg
117KB, 540x787px
>>9395227
>>
File: loopedponywithheadhand.jpg (78KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
loopedponywithheadhand.jpg
78KB, 540x540px
>>9395229
>>
File: bow side pony.jpg (109KB, 540x786px) Image search: [Google]
bow side pony.jpg
109KB, 540x786px
>>9395231
>>
File: flowerbun.jpg (71KB, 540x321px) Image search: [Google]
flowerbun.jpg
71KB, 540x321px
>>9395234
>>
Any recommendations for good temporary (1 week or a bit less) hair dyes? Looking specifically for black or natural black. One month dyes would be ok too, I guess, but I really don't want something permanent. I'm located in Canada if that matters.
>>
>>9395253
Which part of Canada, used to live in BC and in Richmond is a little japanese store that sells bubble dies.
>>
>>9395275
I'm in Vancouver actually! Do you remember the name of the shop?
>>
>>9395290
Might be able to find some at crystal mall as well but it'll be way overpriced.
>>
I finally got bangs, and I'm so glad I did it. The maintenance is really not that bad compared to dyeing and bleaching. Learn to trim yourself and you'll be good.

The one thing that really pissed me off though is that when I told my stylist the type of bangs I wanted with pics, she felt she knew better and made them a little more wider than I would have liked. It's not too terrible, I've fixed them and I'm growing out the sides a little, but what the fuck? I would recommend looking at videos on youtube, search for things like korean see through bangs and then alter to your liking cause it's the same idea, just a difference in thickness. Just take it slow and you'll be fine, it's super cute and super worth it.
>>
>>9395329
I would do the triangle technique like most videos explain, but start out with a really narrow triangle and cut more on the sides as needed.

I also cut mine too wide and now have to pin the sides up as they grow out haha. But maybe I'll try a hime cut!
>>
Does anyone have any really moisturizing products? I had my hair dyed a while back and it's pretty fried now, unfortunately.
>>
How long does it take for demi-hair color to fade?

I touched up my ends to match my natural hair color, and because my hair is porous it went a bit darker than it should have. If I get like the head and shoulders citrus shampoo and a gentle conditioner, should it fade quickly? I only need it to fade/lighten about a shade or two. Thanks guys!

pic unrelated, just a cute braid
>>
>>9395433
Try using hair oils. Argan, jojoba, avocado, castor, apricot, camilla.. all of them will help your hair. You can even use hot oil treatments too.
>>
>>9395433
Oloplex is suppose to be really good for this. You can have it done in a salon or there's an at home version, but it's also kinda spendy.
>>
File: ZDK02375_1.jpg (98KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
ZDK02375_1.jpg
98KB, 550x550px
>>9395329
>>9395350
>cutting your bangs too wide
Ugh, the struggle is real

Also, does anyone know any good ways to fade color? I bleached my hair and dyed it a pinkish red, and although the color turned out pretty cool, it was a bit too bright for what I was going for
I tried adding another color, which was kinda dark purple, and it helped a bit as it wasn't as extremely bright, but it's still not really what I want

I tried "Color b4" a year or so ago and I absolutely hated it. It barely did any difference, it smelt sooo bad (like rotten eggs or something), and it also fucked my hair up so it took forever to dry

I'm currently using pic related, and it is fading it slightly, but it's supposed to be used for less permanent colors, so it's not really doing that much of a difference

Lastly, bleaching is completely out of the picture atm, because I've fried my hair enough, the breakage when it's wet is really bad, so I don't dare to bleach it any more, even if just a little

Sorry for wall of text
>>
>>9395487
If you go to hair crazy they have a weird recipe that calls for head and shoulders mixed with crushed vitamin c pills, just don't add to much or it'll burn and really dry out your hair. Also you could try adding a silver dye like pravana that'll help dull it a bit.
>>
>>9395445
I've been using argan oil regularly for a while now! It makes my hair very soft but isn't really helping the more damaged parts.
>>9395462
I'll look into that, thanks!
>>
File: SBS-615082.png (814KB, 450x1445px) Image search: [Google]
SBS-615082.png
814KB, 450x1445px
>>9395433
Hawaiian Silky; it's made for African/coarse hair but it works wonders on Caucasian hair too. My bf fried his hair going grey/platinum and it makes it super soft, even after blow-drying. I have an extremely dry scalp/eczema during winter so I've been using it for that and it's been a lifesaver. Somehow, it's not greasy despite the ingredients, which I often find with other oil-based products, so this is another plus as we both have fine, straight hair.
>>
I overprocessed my hair and now my ends are much darker than my roots. It was only a demi dye but it's not fading (was a light golden blonde, is now medium brown. Roots aren't dark blonde.)

How do I fix this? Please help.
>>
>>9396458
*roots are dark blonde
>>
>>9395440
Try coal tar shampoo (store brand works just as well as the Neutrogena brand). It will even take out permanent dyes.
>>
>>9395497
I tried that once, but it didn't do that much
It might have been because my hair was blue at the time though, and blue is extremely hard to get out
I might try it again just because why not

Never heard of dulling color with silver dye, thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try to get it a bit brighter before I try that, but it might look really good. Thanks again!
>>
Does anyone have any good videos for styling bangs with a flat or curling iron in the cult party style or whatever doki0 on instagram is?
>>
>>9395433
L'Oreal pro-fibre, go for the blue/teal bottle instead of the purple. My hair was way over-processed and friend from bleach, and the purple one was way too heavy for it.
>>
Does anyone have some good examples of home cuts with real hair? What are also some Japanese phrases for that style so I can look up more? Most the English examples are just some lolitas.
>>
File: tumblr_ocayeu2uqw1rv5dydo1_1280.jpg (188KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocayeu2uqw1rv5dydo1_1280.jpg
188KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>
>>9395275
Not OP, but isn't bubble dye permanent?
>>
>>9396728

how do i curl my bangs like that?
>>
I'm a loser who has always had an above-the-shoulder bob like Acchan and only had it curled for school dances. I barely know how to curl by myself.

But I love OP's image hair and have been stepping up my fashion game, so I'm getting very bored with my hair. Does anyone have any extremely low-maintenance, beginner styles or tutorial images for shorter hair?

My current routine: shower at night, sleep on my side so my bangs dry side-swept, spend 10 mins straightening.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 489f326b4beeb23224778ad93260c10b.jpg (200KB, 736x1058px) Image search: [Google]
489f326b4beeb23224778ad93260c10b.jpg
200KB, 736x1058px
>>
>>
>>
>>
Might has lupus, my already thin hair is falling out. What should I do? I don't want to wear a wig every day and getting diagnosis and treatment is probably going to take a year.
>>
File: e0665aa54b132209a3c112556eac716e.jpg (475KB, 1077x1600px) Image search: [Google]
e0665aa54b132209a3c112556eac716e.jpg
475KB, 1077x1600px
>>
File: kera hair 3.jpg (355KB, 1093x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kera hair 3.jpg
355KB, 1093x1600px
>>
File: 1fd.png (118KB, 461x498px) Image search: [Google]
1fd.png
118KB, 461x498px
>tfw too spoiled by Japanese salon techniques to stomach Paul Mitchel drop-out #341 ruining my hair for the thousandth time

I really do try to give them every consideration and telling them exactly what I want, but goddamn westerners are so behind hair styling and cutting techniques. This shit is why I just trim everything myself and just grow it out.
>>
>>9398316
If not curable, you can at least mitigate the damage by taking a well rated hair vitamin everyday. I also recommend cod-liver oil supplements and a sulfate free shampoo that you only use 2-3 times a week.

Also I personally use L'emarie Scalp Re-Energize Treatment spray on my scalp because I am trying to grow my hair super long and it has a few "catch-all" ingredients to fix common issues like DHT blocker and Ketoconazole for if you have some weird fungal/bacteria imbalance like I did which caused occasional scalp whiteheads. Its pretty strong so I only use it once a week but you can really feel it working and it lasts a long time.
>>
>>9397037
Use a hair straightener, twisting your wrist so the hair is curled under as you get towards the ends of your bangs, then release it.

I can't get the hang of using curling irons or using straighteners to curl other areas of my hair, but curling your bangs this way is easy as fuck to do.
>>
>>9397113
If you don't want to cut it too short, you could also try braiding it wet at night and wearing it curly/wavy the next day? One thing to remember about shorter hair is that even if it's a low maintenance style, you're going to need more frequent haircuts because your layers/style will grow out more quickly than if it's longer.
>>
File: 1469066596351.jpg (135KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
1469066596351.jpg
135KB, 600x776px
My hair currently looks almost exactly like this, I'm growing it out from a pixie
Does anyone have any cute tutorials for this length?
I've tried curling it with a flat iron, but it doesn't look that good (might be because the flat iron is too big? not sure)
Would a curling rod work better?
>>
File: tumblr_mc77o2m5oI1qkaki1o1_500.png (831KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc77o2m5oI1qkaki1o1_500.png
831KB, 500x750px
My hair is falling out. I neglected to use conditioner for a few years. I picked up Dove Intense Repair last month, but it dries out my hair and makes me sneeze up a storm.

Can you recommend a conditioner or hair mask that will make my hair super strong and soft so that it wont fall out? Preferably fragrance free as my sinuses are very sensitive.
>>
>>9402577
>tumblr filename
>>
>>9402577
Hair falls out because of internal factors (nutrition, stress, genetics, etc) not so much external ones.
>>
>>9402577
Like the other anon said, hair falls out because of internal stuff
If its breaking of it could be that its damaged, but it shouldn't be that damaged unless you've bleached it or something

But anyways, a conditioner that I've used the last year or so is Aussie three minute miracle (you can choose between moisturizing, strengthening etc).
Its expensive, but for me its so worth it
Just make sure you do keep it in for thee minutes
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 203x249px
How do i do that kind of shit (don't know the name in english sorry) for lolita? I think you need a hair lotion on top of hair curlers, but which kind?
The only thing i've ever used on my hair is shampoo
>>
What can I do with wavy-curly hair? I feel like there's no hairstyles for me :(
>>
>>9402840
Short bob with a flat iron.
>>
>>9402687
These are called ringlets. You can find ringlets tutorials on youtube. You can use rag curls (it helps to apply mousse to hair) or a skinny curling iron (use heat protecting spray).
>>
Not anything to do with style, but my hair gets greasy after one day of not washing, I'm Hungarian I usually blame it on that but I shampoo and condition correctly and not too often or too far apart... I know this... I dunno what to do to make my hair less greasy. And I've tried dry shampoo, shit makes my hair fall out lmao
>>
>>9397359
I really like the middle style, but have wavy/frizzy hair. What sort of products would I want to get something like this to hold and not turn into a puffy mess?
>>
File: index_variety002.jpg (89KB, 180x409px) Image search: [Google]
index_variety002.jpg
89KB, 180x409px
Is there a way to get hair this color/tint if my hair is the same color as OP's pic? I paid someone $190 and walked away with strawberry blonde hair. Now that I've cut out the bleached parts, I'd like to try again, sans bleach preferably.
>>
>>9403555
Oil shampoo and conditioner, like coconut or almond. Your hair overcompensates from the oil loss so it tries to make even more. I had the same problem.
>>
File: 1451347088843.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451347088843.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>9402577
>mfw my hair falls out because I have trich and cant stop pulling it out
>>
How can curly hair be used in lolita? Mine is stuck at shoulder length and tightly coiled (half black). Sweet lolitas can get away with puffs bit I'm trying to move into classic.
>>
>>9410040
Braids and updos
>>
>>9398316
Try not to do hairstyles that will put strain on your scalp like buns or high ponytails. I like to do a low loose braid after I dry my hair or just simply let my hair down. If I do want to put it up, i use claw clips instead of hair ties. Just hold out until you can get your medication. When I started plaquenil, it reduce my hair thinning and damage by soooo much. Of course, my hair still falls out but it has definitely decreased since getting my diagnosis and starting meds.
>>
>>9409912
i'm w/ you anon
>>
Do any of you have hair style recommendations for gothic lolita? I feel like a lot of the styles I see are too cutesy (like twin tails and double braids) but I'm gettig tired of always having my hair down. My hair is just above boob length, for reference.
>>
File: 17-03-26-19-03-07-859_deco.jpg (728KB, 1026x1280px) Image search: [Google]
17-03-26-19-03-07-859_deco.jpg
728KB, 1026x1280px
I was thinking of getting this done to my hair (the color). My natural color is black. I'm planning on bringing in a picture to the salon, but is there more I should tell the stylist?
>>
>>9399050
Seconding this, I'm also growing a pixie.
I'm thinking of getting a bob once most of my hair has grown to the top of my nape but that's not going to be until a few months.
>>
>>9410097
Bangs, no bangs? What kinds of headwear do you like wearing? Are you willing to do your own hair or do you wear a wig?
>>
I have bangs, but really all I do is sweep them to the side and it basically just looks like I don't have them. I want style them stay on my forehead, is there a quick routine to do in the morning, and a way to resist the urge to just pull them back in an updo?

I've hated the way it feels to have hair on my face/neck since I was a kid, but I need to cover my big ass forehead.
>>
>>9410816
Straight iron, takes like 2 seconds, don't even need hairspray unless it's rainy out. Trim them a little shorter to above the eye brows so it's difficult to side sweep them and that might motivate you to work with them more.
>>
>>9410491
I don't wear wigs and I have a hime cut. Headwear-wise, it depends. I like smaller hairclips and rectangle headdresses. Also veils.
>>
>>9405775
garnier fructis dye in R2 or the color next to that. I've used it for three years and i love it. plus, it's meant for brown to black hair so it works best without bleach.
>>
>>9396361
Thanks!
>>
Is it worth home hair dying? I'm being thrifty and I'm sick of shopping around for salons.
>>
>>9412517
I do it all the time and I've never had an issue.
>>
>>9412517
Depends on your hair,experience and what color you want

>>9411918
Looped braids,crown braids, buns or half up styles. I like "cute girls' hairstyles" for updo ideas,or looking up Victorian era hairstyles as they often work well with gothic
>>
Any product recs for dry, but incredibly thin/limp hair? Think kotakoti level limpness and thinness. Every moisturising product I've tried just weighs it down and makes it even more limp and greasy looking.
>>
Guy with jet black hair here.

In 2 months I want to start cosplaying as blonde characters (ie cody from street fighter, terry bogard, etc).

What kind of blonde would this be? it's not platinum blonde that's for sure, do I just tell the hair stylist to give me a golden blonde hair or dirty blonde? In real life having too light a shade of blonde doesn't seem to look good and it kind of limits my characters.

Also I'm doing it with a hair stylist does that mean I'll get a "permanent" dye? how long will the color last on me if I gradually go back to black hair? I still have to go to work so I'll probably get some weird reactions but it's still a natural hair color (plus we get bitches with pink highlights and a manager with silver hair) anyway.

I don't want to self dye, since I'm a male and haven't done this shit at all.
>>
>>9413606
Wear wigs.
>>
>>9413633

>wearing a wig as a guy

yeah maybe if I needed long, flowing, unnaturally colored hair.
>>
>>9413606
Cosplay wise a wig is always better. Really.

Hair dye wise, getting to blonde means it will need to be bleached. It won't go back to black. Ever. Kinda the point of bleach. Blonde is normal enough that you won't get weird looks but if you want to dye it back to black while your hair grows out it will fade to brown.
>>
>>9413664
You're clearly new to this board.
>>
>>9413673

It's just a regular guy's short-mediumish hair.

I mean, you wouldn't wear a wig to cosplay as ryu from street fighter, would you?

>>9413673

oh, so I'll have to recolor it and wait until I fully replace the colored parts, fair enough.

So a salon can get help me go from black hair to golden/mediumish blonde in just one appointment then yeah? I see these asian guys on youtube go from pitch black to platinum blonde by themselves, so I assume a milder change like mine should be easier.
>>
>>9413683
>I mean, you wouldn't wear a wig to cosplay as ryu from street fighter, would you?
Yes you would
Lurk more
>>
>>9413683
You're not very smart if you haven't taken two seconds to look at sites like epic cosplay, arda wigs, and the five wits, and can see that yes, there are plenty of shorter wigs geared towards male characters.
>>
>>9413683
Don't listen to these people mate, they can't comprehend not wearing a wig for cosplay and even for fashion most of them wear a wig
>>
Not sure if I should ask here or in the wigs thread, but does anyone have recommendations for clip in bangs?

I used to have straight bangs but with my hair type (thin & fine) they were so much upkeep and I ended up growing them out. I've been wanting to go back but figured it was worth trying the alternative before chopping a bunch of my already sparse hair off again.

Looking for reasonable prices. Doesn't need to be human hair but obviously something of decent wig quality that I could dye to color match my hair and possibly use a bit of heat on to curl.
>>
>>9403555
>blaming greasy hair on a random muh heritage ethnicity
The things I won't hear on the Internet
>>
>>9412040
I'll try it, thanks anon!
>>
>>9409912
>when you go the salon and the woman doing your hair brings up the spots on your head where the hair is way shorter than the rest because it's growing out from a pulling spree
>>
i have very fine hair that gets greasy and weighed down easily, and now that i'm going it out (its my breasts at this point) it's thinness is really starting to show. do you guys know any good ways to thicken hair?
>>
>>9402577
Hair falling out at the roots is a health problem and you should see a doctor. If it's just fried and breaking off easily because of that, I would use hair oil, but it's going to take a while for healthy hair to grow back in.
>>
Convince me why I should dye instead of getting a wig.
>>
>>9413683
Wigs are better 99% of the time, because real people don't have video game hair
It might be made to look "real", but its still gonna be thicker and more consistent than human hair, not to mention a wig will look a thousand times better on photos

Oh well, you seem very set on absolutely not getting a wig, so I guess you just don't really care about the quality of your cosplay.
Have fun in the bad cosplay thread
>>
So I need some help, gulls. I have tan skin with warm yellow undertones and my natural hair is black. I've been thinking of dying my hair red, but unsure what shade of red to go with. Any shade recommendations?
>>
>>9416397
Fuckkkkk this was me at my last hair cutting session. Maybe 1 or 2 years ago. I need a trim but Im honestly a bit too traumatized to get one... I quietly explained to her that I pull my hair out so thats why its so uneven. But she kept bringing it up loudly while other customers and hair stylists were there
>>
>tfw your hair is too thin for any fun styles.
>tfw your hair goes from nice curls to frizz central in any humidity
>tfw you just moved some place humid

I hate my hair sometimes.
As a side note I did just move to western japan, so now I'm trying to navigate their shampoos, conditioners, and hair products. Been a lot of trial and error so far and I'm slowly running out of the stuff I brought from home.
Not sure what I'm going to do when its time to get things trimmed.
>>
>>9420381
Wow, that's so fucking unprofessional
>>
>>9420403
>>tfw your hair is too thin for any fun styles.
>>tfw your hair goes from nice curls to frizz central in any humidity
mine is like this too. looks more like the left pic if I let it air dry and stay indoors. if I step outside all bets are off. anti-frizz products actually help a lot, but I gotta be careful how much I use or it just looks greasy. and it's thinning on top (thanks early menopause!), so if I try to cover my sixhead with bangs it doesn't cover so great.

considering just getting a wig, but I'm a bit worried because if there's anything even remotely tight on my head, I get a headache. not sure how tight wigs are supposed to be.

I'm thinking the answer might just be big hats.
>>
File: warm vs cool.jpg (51KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
warm vs cool.jpg
51KB, 768x384px
>>9420276
any warm shade will be good for you.
you want something on the brighter more honeyed side of the red scale, to compliment your skin and eyes.

pic related as she has cool skin, so though she doesn't look terrible on right, the left clearly suits her better.

p.s. warm doesn't have to mean lightly colored either. Rihanna is a good example of a warm skinned lady who has done dark warm reds.
>>
>>9413571
purology's hydrate sheer. it's for dry fine hair. also matrix biolage just released aqua-gel conditioners for fine hair
>>
>>9420945
thanks for the tip anon! i was reading an article about it and it recommended that for my skin tone that i should do a cool tone red shade, but ehhh.

i think i'll try a more honey red or possibly tan shade.
>>
File: 1490386693048.jpg (53KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1490386693048.jpg
53KB, 500x625px
>>9402587
>cgl
>>
What kinda supplements should I get if my hair is thinning out? Can iron be a part of it?
I DON'T WANT TO GO BALD pls help
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>9422099
>clg
>>
>>9398280
That bottom right hairstyle is so cute holy shit
>>
File: 0c2d597256b093f06aa640695298fd6c.jpg (219KB, 736x1064px) Image search: [Google]
0c2d597256b093f06aa640695298fd6c.jpg
219KB, 736x1064px
>>9423027
>>
File: f3603a4bae38716af0a4386d4492c765.jpg (188KB, 736x1089px) Image search: [Google]
f3603a4bae38716af0a4386d4492c765.jpg
188KB, 736x1089px
>>9423031
>>
File: 43f5ec5fdaf2f210f3d5dbaeac642ec9.jpg (177KB, 736x1076px) Image search: [Google]
43f5ec5fdaf2f210f3d5dbaeac642ec9.jpg
177KB, 736x1076px
>>9423034
>>
>>9423035
>>
File: blogger-image-1135060053.jpg (101KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-1135060053.jpg
101KB, 320x480px
>>9423037
>>
>>9423034
I was just about to google some cute tutorials for bobbed hair. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9422142
Hair thinning is multifactorial - stress, diet, genetics etc. all play a part.
Nutrition wise, ensuring adequate protein intake is important as well as micronutrients - 'hair and nails' supplements commonly contain biotin as well as iron, magnesium, zinc and other vitamins. Some people find that topical scalp treatments, scalp massage etc can be helpful - apparently the increase in blood flow to the scalp is helpful to help with hair growth. Miconazole which is an anti-fungal is also used on the scalp to promote hair growth. And obviously, protecting the hair you have is important as well.
>>
Hey anons-- I'm getting a haircut this month but I'm not sure how much to chop off.

My hair is about an inch and a half past armpit length. Not really long, but it's the longest I've had it in a while. The only problem is that the bottom four inches are pretty damaged and full of split ends. I'm really self-conscious of having short hair and I'm trying really hard to grow it out. So I'm facing a bit of a dilemma here: should I just get two inches cut off (the most I can't really handle without breaking down crying) and still have a decent amount of split ends, but the worst would be cut off, or should I just bite the bullet and cut off a full four inches and get rid of all the unhealthy bits, thus making it easier for my hair to grow faster?

I know this may sound silly to some of you, but it's really causing me a great deal of stress. Anything would be helpful, thanks.
>>
>>9402687
Look up rag curls, do it when your hair is moist afterm a shower, and use gel when rolling the hair. This method takes my tailbone length hair to the length in your picture
>>
>>9398418
Do you not have any high end salons near you with asian stylists?
>>
>>9416399
You can't. Hair thickness is based on the follicle size. A proper diet, prenatal vitamin, and plenty of water could help slighty, but not in the way you want. Trust me, I'm a 1a hair type. Wash with a sulfate shampoo and condition with a silicone or other -cone conditioner about ever 3-5 days. Shower in between but wear a cap as wet hair is weak and breaks easily.
Day 1, hair down
Day 2, hair down, mist lightly with dry shampoo. Look for one that contains only alcohol and a starch and propellents. Or make your own using tapioca starch and alcohol in a mister
Day 3-5 updos and braids

Thin hair is greasy hair generally. Look up long hair community forum for more tips
>>
>>9423355
Cut off half and be religious about bi-weekly oil treatments, and use preventative care instead of treating damage after the fact. It should help you grow your hair without too much more damage. Also look into dusting and search and destroy method.
>>
>>9423407
Oh yeah. If you have 1a hair it will be totally straight in a few hours anyways. That was a fun few hours of work just for a few hours a Shirley Temple ringlets. Hopefully you have 1b hair and it will hold a curl,,,
>>
>>9420403
I'm gonna assume you're white, your hair sounds like mine lol, I don't know why I never thought to try till recently but hair products made for black women work really well for me, I especially like ORS curls unleashed. I put it in just after I shower and it holds really well. It is very tacky though! you need to scrunch with a towel quite a bit or it will sit and become sticky. Their olive oil conditioner is also pretty good.
>>
>>9423411
I don't understand, cut off half of my hair? I'm sorry for being stupid.

Thanks, I will be more religious with my haircare. I could definitly do more oil treatments and preventative care. I'm really bad with heat styling my hair too often, which I know is terrible.

Thanks anon!
>>
>>9423581
They mean cutoff the two inches rather than 4 I'm sure.
>>
>>9423581
>>9423699
Yeah, sorry, I meant the 2".
>>
>>9423699
>>9423718
Thanks! Sorry, I sometimes have poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>9416131
Arda has them for ten bucks. I had to beef up the bangs on a wig recently and I really like that there were different styles.
>>
>>9423407
thank you for those hard truths anon, went out and bought some vitamines for hair, skin and nails, so hopefully things will get a little better
>>
>>9421530
I looked into Pureology but that entire brand is apparently for coloured/dyed hair. I've never dyed my hair so I don't know - what's the difference? Would using products for coloured hair on virgin hair be damaging, unnecessary or just a nice nourishing bonus?
>>
>>9425840
It mostly means that it won't pull out the color if the hair is dyed. aside from that, dyed hair tends to be more dry because of the chemical processing. Products for colored hair won't do anything bad to virgin hair.
>>
Is jojoba oil a meme or is it good to apply to your scalp to encourage healthy hair?
>>
>>9426631
it's ok but castor oil is better
>>
>>9426631
Jojoba oil is praised for being molecularly close to the scalps on sebum. That doesn't mean it will penetrate the scalp or the hair and protect or anything... Personally I like coconut (Only on ends since my skin hates it) hemp and argan for healthy hair and scalp
>>
>>9395229
Does anyone have youtube tutorial link for something like this?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nkup8tcB6X1swncex.png (206KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkup8tcB6X1swncex.png
206KB, 500x281px
Any recommendations for achieving iconic 80s volume and style a la Heathers on a somewhat regular basis without damaging hair too much?
>>
>>9428975
Wear curlers to bed, and for the real 80's look: don't use a hairbrush after taking the curlers out, use your fingers and shake your head around. If it looks too messy only brush/style/pay attention to the hair around your face. (and use hairspray if your hair isn't naturally curly/frizzy)
>>
What hairstyles fit with a high neck blouse?
My hair is naturally curly, a mix between 3A and 3B, I haven't worn my hair down in years, so I don't know if it's frizzy or not.
Also, do you gulls have any hair care routine?
>>
File: Anthy03.jpg (75KB, 500x783px) Image search: [Google]
Anthy03.jpg
75KB, 500x783px
how do i do my hair like this? tutorials are basically non-existent
>>
File: IMG_6140.jpg (51KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6140.jpg
51KB, 497x750px
This could be a long shot but does anyone save fashionable male hair pic references or tutorials?

my friend and I are going to Japan in May and he wants to look his best. He is a white guy but his hair is extremely coarse and thick, and on top of that he has a cowlick for a widows peak so his hair doesn't lay down even at its longest there. He wants the popular buzzed-to-long gradient but his cowlick prevents the front from looking any good and idk any tricks for hair that short.

Is chemically treating hair to be thinner a thing...? Is there a way around cowlicks?
>>
>>9433625
I know /fa/ usually has hair inspo threads so he may fare better there. The hair generals I've seen on /cgl/ mostly cater to women's hair so the chances of him finding something he likes here are slim. Just lurk a general on /fa/ for a bit to see if anything similar to what he's interested in has been posted and request more.
>>
File: IMG_1954.jpg (2MB, 3021x3403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1954.jpg
2MB, 3021x3403px
Gulls, I'm at a loss. I've had these little flakes for a while (see pic) and it seems it's always something different causing it. I don't believe it's dandruff or psoriasis because the flakes are very small and don't appear until the day after I wash my hair. Sometimes I will scratch a little sebum off my scalp but I don't have product residue or large flakes of skin I can peel off.

These are the products I use:
Redken All Soft Shampoo + Conditioner (every 2-3 days)
It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask (once a week, will use instead of the Redken conditioner)
Not Your Mother's True Story Beauty and Hair Oil (2 pumps after washing my hair)
Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray (as needed)
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo (usually on 2nd or 3rd day)

I have tried the Neutrogena Tgel and it burned my scalp and was making my hair darker so I stopped. I also tried a Lush shampoo bar but it dried out my scalp too and didn't do much for the flakes.
>>
>>9433768
Alright, thanks anon. I've never been there before but I'll tell him to go lurk.
>>
File: WSDygql.jpg (70KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
WSDygql.jpg
70KB, 720x720px
>>9434438
>x3
HEAD AND SHOULDERS
>>
>>9435022
I remember trying it last summer and I know I had good results for the flakes but it really dried out my hair. It seems I have to choose between flakes or dry hair.
>>
>>9416761
Anyone?
>>
>>9435067
Just use head and shoulders and invest in a hair serum. Just literally go to a hairdressers and ask what they have for treating dry hair (in or out of the shower)

Simple.
>>
>>9416761
>>9435084
...Why would we? Wig is better in 99.99% of cases.
>>
How do anons with straight bangs keep them when they sleep? I prefer pinning them back or using a headband because I use pretty thick night cream on my face that makes them greasy if they touch my forehead, but that creates annoying little kinks in the bangs that are hard to get out without washing in the morning. Is there a way to keep my bangs straight and out of my face at the same time?

>>9433425
Try a Gibson roll for the back.
>>
>>9402577
Try upping your intake of protein and take a b12 or b-complex supplement.
>>
File: ayumihair.jpg (53KB, 327x365px) Image search: [Google]
ayumihair.jpg
53KB, 327x365px
How long should my hair be to get it the same length in the picture?
She uses a curling iron, so it's probably longer than it actually looks, right?
I currently have tailbone length straight hair, it tangles very easily so I'rather fed up with it.
Bobs are gorgeous, I really want one.
>>
>>9435091
When I get up, I damp my fringe down and pop it in a giant hair roller while I get ready for the day. By the time I need to leave the hair is dry and straight with a little bit of volume. Just needs some spray. Otherwise if I don't have time I use the hair straightener.
>>
>>9423034
Advice on getting a wave like this in short hair? Small curling iron? Braids? I've always had a pixie cut so this is all new territory for me.
>>
>>9435145
Probly right to the shoulders, she looks a little scrunched up.

>>9435209
Use a straight iron and turn it back and forth down a section on hair.
>>
>>9434438
Ever tried a scalp scrub? It helps to keep my own flakes down instead of using harsher shampoos.There's this seller on Etsy that makes a really yummy one with honey in it (Should get that one again, really) Something-something-Night-flower or something
>>
File: Picture 32.jpg (71KB, 591x450px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 32.jpg
71KB, 591x450px
Hey anons, I'm trying to decide what to do with my hair. I used to have it really short, but i've gotten fatter over the years so I don't have a great jawline anymore haha.

Right now I've been growing it for around a year or two with no ideas in mind. I've tried styling it before with heat and hairspray, but anything I do just falls flat after an hour. Sorry if I look icky since I'm not wearing anything on my face.
>>
>>9435557
I've used the Alterna Caviar Exfoliating Scalp Facial before and it helped with the flakes but I'd find the little blue beads in my hair every so often. I've always had a problem washing product out so I bought a little shampoo brush to help and it does for the first day but once I use hairspray or dry shampoo I see the flakes.

I would like to try a moisturizing scalp treatment and the one you sort of recommended sounded nice! I'll try to look for it but if you end up finding a link for it before I do it'd appreciate it!
>>
>>9402577
Try Joico K-Pak for coloured hair. I believe it has no fragrance but makes your hair super soft.
>>
Is it necessary for coconut oil to be extra virgin and cold pressed to be useful for a hair mask?
>>
If I want a moisturising camellia/tsubaki spray, but that isn't a sticky styling spray, which one should I purchase?
>>
i think bang would make you looks super uh.. asian? idk what your ethnicity is but you look it lol. anyways, i think bangs and hair that end at the shoulders would look timelessly adorable on you! <333
>>
>>9434438
Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line.

I had this issue for a while and this shampoo/conditioner was the only one that cleared it off. Also make sure you're actually cleaning out all the shampoo/conditioner. It might be residue. I usually wash my hair every day with kiss my face conditioner, and wash it with shampoo/conditioner every 2 days.
>>
>>9434438
Anon have you tried washing your hair less often? As another anon said it might be residue but that fine flaking can be caused by irritation due to overwashing
>>
>>9437099
I have tried the shampoo in the past and it burned my scalp like crazy! I barely did a few washes before I ended up returning it.

>>9437104
I did go ~4 days without washing it over spring break and I don't recall seeing many flakes but I also didn't use any products as well. When I don't use the shampoo brush I use my fingers and sometimes I scrub aggressively because I want to make sure all the residue is out. I also scratch my scalp often to get rid of the flakes which may be producing more.

I don't mean to come off as negative and I truly appreciate everyone's suggestions! I've tried a lot of different things for the flakes but I think I'd like to go with the moisturizing scalp mask since I haven't tried anything like that yet.
>>
>>9436107
Found it, Anon!
Unfortunetely the anti-bot won't let me post the link, but google for "Thriae Scalp Scrub 8 oz Size" and you will get right to it
That reeeaaally wasn't the name I remembered the seller to have though, but that's the product... smells awesome too
>>
>>9435904
You desperately need some longer face framing layers and maybe side bangs.
>>
Has anyone tried fermented rice hair washes? My gran has mentioned them as I'm trying to grow out my hair and I've read a few bits about them.

>>9437334
I hope the moisturising mask works for you anon, it can be pretty frustrating investing time and money into an ongoing problem with few results. Always make sure you're using the pads of your fingers on your scalp though!
>>
>>9438445
Excellent! Thanks for finding it. I'm going to try one of the smaller sizes first but I'm excited regardless!

>>9438607
>always make sure you're using the pads of your fingers on your scalp though
I really need to work on that. Often times I'll use my nails because I'm so aggravated. Patience! And thanks for the kind words! I'll report back if the mask works or not later on.
>>
Are there any supplements/washes/masks/etc that would make my hair grow faster? My hair is bleached beyond repair and I'm trying to get it back to it's natural color without being bald for several months.
>>
Anybody know what I can do to get my hair more shiny?
I know that as a dishwater blonde I'm already at a disadvantage because it simply doesn't reflect light as well as darker colours like blacks or browns do, but I very occasionally see blondes with a really beautiful sheen to their hair and I've never been able to figure out exactly what it is they're doing.
>>
Tips for wavy hair? Maybe how to get it to wave/curl more with limited heat treating?

My hair texture recently changed, so now every time my hair gets wet it gets really wavy. Which is fine, except when I brush it, it POOFS up and I look crazy.

note: grew up with stick straight hair so no idea how to handle waves
>>
>>9442672
I caved and got Balayage done because my hair has been getting darker and duller ever since I hs. Balayage grows out really well and you don't have to get roots touched up. I went a year between getting another one and it still look pretty decent. If other people's hair has a sheen, they probably also know how to do a blow out on their own hair. A quality hair dryer and round brush can give your hair uniform texture and reflect light more evenly. Flattering layers and keeping hair healthy with good shampoo/conditioner/treatments also helps.
>>
File: Ladies-Hair-Comb.jpg (34KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ladies-Hair-Comb.jpg
34KB, 440x440px
>>9442672
I have the same problem and I use coconut oil

>Get an extra hair comb, I use one like pic related
>Remove a tiny chunk of coconut oil from the jar (quarter of your pinky nail) and rub it against the teeth of the comb just a little bit, you don't want too much grease
>now brush through the bottom third of your hair 2-3 times
>brush again through your hair, but now at half length until all the oil on your comb is used up
>now use your regular brush and brush all your hair regularly for a minute or so

It will get nice and shiny. You can repeat this as often as you want until you're happy with the result. It is better to start with the minimum amount since you don't want to risk your hair getting oily.

Alternatively you can just use hair wax, it has the same effect.
>>
File: Daphne_Groeneveld_04_10_2016_1_1.jpg (549KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Daphne_Groeneveld_04_10_2016_1_1.jpg
549KB, 800x1200px
>>9443663
>>9443486
Thanks for these tips guys, I'll try both of them out tomorrow x
>>
>>9443456
Detangle when wet with a wide tooth comb and avoid using a brush on it. Try plopping and air drying.

>>9442672
Probably blow drying + product

>>9439214
Biotin and miconazole cream seem to work well for some people. Ensuring enough protein/nutrition in your diet is good too
>>
>>9443456
Don't brush it when it's dry, only when you are at the shower, put some conditioner, brush, then rinse.
>>
>>9435084
convenience of not having to wear a heavy warm easily tanglin piece of shit on your head on a daily basis
if you're someone who wants a lot of funky colours in a short period of time, no benefits

alright gulls, I have an event I'm wearing classic to tomorrow, I can't fit my hair in my wigs anymore (I don't have a wig cap, which aggravates the issue) and I'm shit with braid looks, please throw some easy to follow tutorials my way
my hair is long enough to easily go past my ribcage but is about midway between the last rib and the bellybutton, it's almost entirely straight, of relatively average thickness and I have incredibly outgrown side bangs (the shortest bits end just past my chin - I honestly might as well not have them)
pictures are incomprehensible to me, >>9395225 >>9395227 >>9395229 all look pretty to me but the pics fuck me over. I could maybe almost understand/follow >>9395229, but I don't understand for example how exactly the hair is parted (#1 looks like you split the top and the bottom, but #2 looks like middle and sides?) and I've no idea what step 5 is trying to show. videos would be highly preferable

sorry for rant but tldr please send me some simple braiding ideas for classic lolita w/ long straight hair, pref in video form
>>
Does anyone have any good hair tutorials for lolita without bangs? I've been either curling it or doing a braided updo, but I'd like some more ideas, especially bang-less hair with rectangle headdresses.
>>
File: tumblr_nu8aohT72o1uea1yfo1_1280.jpg (208KB, 736x1051px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu8aohT72o1uea1yfo1_1280.jpg
208KB, 736x1051px
>>
File: glb7_097.jpg (294KB, 358x908px) Image search: [Google]
glb7_097.jpg
294KB, 358x908px
>>
>>9443907
Cute girls hairstyles on youtube
>>
>>9395200
Hey, does anyone know where I could go for short hair tutorials? Something cute like ops pictures would be nice
>>
>>9446391
I don't have bangs and have always strenuously avoided rectangle headdresses because of it, but saw someone at a meet recently who pulled it off. I think the secret is to only go for very narrow headdresses. Now I want one too.
>>
Dear anons,

I am getting more into fashion etc nowadays and I'd like to try some cute hairstyles. Problem is, my hair is really thin. The lenght of my hair is around my breast.

>I made a knot for the first time in my life yesterday.. and it was the saddest knot I have ever seen. It was soo tiny.

I am caring for my hair a lot, using hairmasks weekly, not washing it every day, not tying it a lot and I am eating healthier for a few months now. I have accepted to live with this hair, but I wonder if I can still pull off some cute hairstyles!
>>
File: 1.0x0.jpg (31KB, 800x250px) Image search: [Google]
1.0x0.jpg
31KB, 800x250px
>>9448433
Curls may help it appear more full, you also might want to try a hair donut or something similar to give you a fuller base.
>>
File: IMG_6252.png (946KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6252.png
946KB, 640x1136px
I am literally almost in tears. FUCK American stylists. I went in for a haircut today and showed her this picture. SHE GAVE ME HUGE BARBIE BANGS. I had cute V-shaped J-fashion bangs and she completely destroyed them. And she didn't even give me any face framing peices on the side?? Literally chopped four inches off my hair (I only asked for one) and ruined my bangs. I am never going to trust my hair with another person ever again. Fucking $120 down the goddamn drain.
>>
>>9449523
This is when you pull a soccer mom and ask for to speak to the salon owner. That's complete bullshit. And for $120? Holy shit. My salons here charge $35 tops for a cut.
>>
>>9449523
I feel your pain anon, I stopped going to stylists for my bangs altogether and learned how to do them myself. I only go to a salon to have the rest of my hair trimmed but I tell them not to touch my bangs.
Also $120 is A LOT for a cut, I hope you got a color or something too....
>>
>>9449523
My condolences on the bad hair job, but this is why you go to an Asian salon if you want Asian hairstyles.
>>
>>9449523
I just looked at myself in the mirror at home. Guys, I'm crying so hard I can barely breathe. This is the worst haircut I've ever gotten. I am literally in disbelief.
>>
>>9449533
What do I say to the owner? I honestly have never gone back and complained about a haircut ever, but this is so, so bad.
>>9449534
I got hilights, the color is decent at least. Thanks for your condelences. I realize now I can never let anyone touch my bangs. Especially dumb American broads.

>>9449543
There are no Asian salons here.
>>
>>9420381
i had a stylist exclaim loudly how thin my hair was in the middle of a salon
then she started to interrogate me on whether or not i was medicated and if so, with what
i was so caught off guard that i mumbled that i had been taking antidepressants and antianxiety meds for a while, then got to listen to her rant to another stylist about how those medications are fucking up my hair.
then she criticized my eye makeup.

i was afraid to go back to any salon for like 5 straight years
>>
>>9449575
Just breathe anon, it will be okay.

First thing you should do is wash your hair to remove whatever shit-ass styling product they used so you can see what you're working with. After that, maybe post a photo here or do some googling to see how other people style bad bangs until they've had a chance to grow out - personally, I used to brush mine to the side and pretend like I was going for sideswept bangs in the first place. The whole point of me having bangs is to cover my huge forehead so pulling them back into a headband or pinning them in a quiff wasn't an option I was willing to consider, but it might be for you.
>>
>>9449534
Same here! I have my bangs right now exactly how I wanted them and it took time because I also wanted triangle bands which my stylist did but horribly because she thought she knew better, I had to go back and fix it. No one is touching these bangs!
>>
>>9449575
Pic?
>>
>>9449523
Anon is it possible to reshape your bang shape into a V and clip the rest to the side underneath the rest of your hair to hide it? When my bangs were a little off I used tiny little snap clips and hide them under my hair when waiting for them to grow out and it blended in really well.
>>
>>9449543
It's not that hard to even pull off, the problem is that hairstylists think they know better and disregard what the client wants.
>>
>>9449523
Anon, what's the customer policy there? I know the salon I used to go to would fix your hair if you came back the next day. Even if you don't want your hair fixed, at least find out if you can get some money back. For $120 you should at least be able to look in the mirror without crying.
>>
First off, thanks so much to all the anons here who have offered help to me. You've made me feel better about it.

>>9449611
Thank you. I have a weird forehead so I need bangs to balance out my face. I've resolved to just pinning these new travesties to the side until they grow out and I can fix them.

>>9449801
I regret letting her touch them so much. I could have just trimmed them myself and they would have been just fine.
>>9449810
Here you go anon. Sorry for the shit lighting, it's night here and I honestly cba to wait until tomorrow to take another one. For reference, this was my hair a few days ago (sorry for the annoying filter and derp face.)
>>9449817
I'll have to see, but I may just have to wait for it to grow out. Thanks anon!
>>9449923
>>9449979
Is really crazy, everything I told her she did the exact opposite. I asked her not to take off too much length, and she chopped office three inches. I told her I didn't want layers, she cut tons of layers. She also said, "I can't believe you want your hair cut like this! Even Asians don't want this hairstyle" to me when I showed her the picture upthread.

I tried to call the manager but they won't be there until Friday. :/ bummer
>>
When you're new to straightening your hair, is it normal to have I guess perception issues at first? It's so goddamn hard angling the straightener correctly. I always end up shoving the iron into my head or completely missing the section I'm aiming for and it's making me feel like a retard. Am I doing something wrong? I don't feel like I'm making any progress after practicing for who knows how long ;_;
>>
>>9450069
Yes! Don't worry, there's a learning curve for everything. Maybe try practicing without any heat just to get the mechanical action down. Also make sure you're working in small enough sections so everything gets smoothed out evenly.

I've just started using a hairdryer and slowly but surely the amount of time it takes is decreasing and my hair is looking better each time.
>>
>>9450083
I'll just have to keep trying then. Thank you.
>>
File: tumblr_mvn8o1UnrA1qzy8y4o1_500.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvn8o1UnrA1qzy8y4o1_500.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>9449523
>>9449587
Yeah I'm confused as to what makes "asian hairstyles" so supposedly so unique that asian stylists are somehow superior to "american" ones when it comes to creating them.
>>
>>9450019
>Is really crazy, everything I told her she did the exact opposite. I asked her not to take off too much length, and she chopped office three inches. I told her I didn't want layers, she cut tons of layers. She also said, "I can't believe you want your hair cut like this! Even Asians don't want this hairstyle" to me when I showed her the picture upthread.

Sounds like you've got the grounds to get somebody fired anon, and for good reason. She sounds like a mega bitch who should not be in this line of work, my blood is actually boiling.

On the bright side you look cute af with sideswept bangs, you might be able to tame these in a similar style to what you had before with your straightener. I'd definitely go back to the salon to have someone clean up the ends though, they look really choppy and I'm shocked a licensed professional let you walk out of the door with them. I'd be up there first thing Friday morning if I were you.
>>
>>9450019
> She also said, "I can't believe you want your hair cut like this! Even Asians don't want this hairstyle" to me when I showed her the picture upthread.
And you didn't just walk out? I mean, that's a pretty clear warning sign that she was unproffessional...
>>
>>9450019
>Is really crazy, everything I told her she did the exact opposite.
Why does this happen so often? Once I told a hairdresser to add more layers and cut the tips in a more rounded shape and she literally cut away the one layer I had and cut the tips straight across, without the slightest curve. I ended up with a blunt bob instead of a soft layered hairstyle.
>>
>>9450803
I once showed a picture to a hairdresser of a chick with full bangs (something similar to pic related) and she told me that they were "too mature" for me and gave me bangs that stopped in the middle of my forehead. Had another hairdresser pretty much chop off all my hair when I just asked for a trim. After that time I learned to speak up for myself. Recently though I found a hairdresser that pretty much gave me exactly what I wanted with no hassle or worry at all. First great experience at a salon I've had in a long while.
>>
>>9450803
>Once I told a hairdresser to add more layers and cut the tips in a more rounded shape
>soft layered hairstyle
Do you have a picture that shows this sort of cut?
>>
All these horror stories are why I just cut my hair myself now, I found a tutorial on youtube that gives me feathered ends and slight layers at the front and I haven't looked back.
>>
>>9450019
>She also said, "I can't believe you want your hair cut like this! Even Asians don't want this hairstyle" to me when I showed her the picture upthread.
What's wrong with that picture?
>>
This is why I only trust gay men to cut my hair
>>
>>9449599
Oh god. Similar here.

I had really dry scalp for awhile and it was mostly because of poor products and the water quality in the shower. Hair stylist kept going on about how gross my hair was. Granted, it was just flaky and it honestly cleared up after changing products. She was really young and I could tell she was fresh out of school. But I seriously have issues before I get my hair cut now because of that. I didn't get my hair cut again for years after that. I let it grow a good 2 feet and gave up and got it cut by my MIL because it was too stringy. I have a better stylist now that has a similar hair type and knows how to work with it.

>On the subject of hair stylist horror stories.
Back when I lived with my parents about 12 years ago or so, before the above incident happened my mom insisted that I got my hair cut with her hair stylist. Okay fine. Walk in, lady's hair was a straight up Ferrah Faucet look. I know this can't end well. It's like 2005 lady. My mom insisted that I still get my hair cut, so I finally gave in. Don't ask for anything crazy, just a trim. Showed lady where I get my bangs cut so they sit at my browline. Chops them so there's a good 3" of fivehead showing. Also went from shoulder length to blunt bob. Yes this is a trim.
>>
Would anyone happened to have the powerpoint another anon made a few hair threads ago about the different ways to part your bangs and the style you get from them v-shape/fan(?)-shaped vs rectangular bangs? Or just a general guide?
>>
>>9452191
I have it saved as a .pdf here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02nKbyyzK7OMjJ4VDBVX2hLS1k/view?usp=drivesdk
>>
>>9450019
Get that bitch FIRED. I am pissed for you.

I only just recently managed to find a stylist who listens. My first 3 times in a salon were fucking awful.

>Want shorter in the back, longer in the front Bob
>Get a goddamn bowl cut
>Want highlights
>New girl gets assigned to me for practice and damages my hair
>Want ends trimmed to give appearance of volume and Balayage
>Get wispy layers and the shittiest ombre ever

I won't get bangs again unless I go to Japan. Fuck Western stylists.
>>
>>9450803
My hairstylist can bleach hair in her sleep but she. cannot. cut. layers. I asked her time and time again "give me layers with tapered/feathered ends", but nope, she gives me layers that are just BLUNT. Once she did it so bad I went to another stylist to get it fixed and she could see the line in the back of my head where she cut the "layer" into my hair. I've just given up asking her to ever give me layers.
>>
>>9451117
>>
>>9450129
For me it's the overall attitude - warning sweeping generalisations to follow however they are based on 10 years of going to both 'western' vs 'asian' (usually FOB Korean or Chinese, currently Japanese hairdressers). Overall I have found that American stylists seem to want to give you the cut *they* want to do and god forbid that you want something different - they will do what they think is 'best for you' or 'good for your hair type'. This has lead to a number of bland af cuts for me as well as a couple of disasters. I literally got told that the haircut I wanted "wouldn't look good at work" because I told them I worked in a hospital; when I pointed out I tie my hair up and so it didn't really matter what it looked like out the stylist clearly got in a huff and gave me the most boring long-layer straight-fringe mom cut for $100 when I wanted choppy layers/choppy fringe.
Asian hairstylists will generally give you what the picture shows if you ask for it, whether it suits you or not - so possible disasters but kinda of your own making. My current Japanese stylist is amazing. She double checks reference pictures, asks whether you want exactly that or whether you want some changes that might work better, and actually double checks how much length you want off right before she starts cutting.

I also think American stylists are less willing to admit unfamiliarity with how to create a particular look so they just give you their best approximation. Certainly the bangs guide shows you the difference between western/Japanese bangs, I've found that western stylists grab out the rectangle/semicircle as default and Asian stylists tend to grab a v-shape as default.
>>
>>9452503
Thank you so very much!!
>>
>>9451289
If it's not too much of a hassle could you link that tutorial? I've been searching for good styling/cutting tutorials but haven't found much other than very basic straight across bang tutorials.
>>
Anyone here successfully used monistat to help with hair growth?
>>
>>9450019
At first I thought that you were overreacting but WOW that is actually pretty bad. And the thing is, by American standards that is bad. She obviously didn't know what she was doing. I hope you complained and get your money back.
OT
>>
>>9450019
Until then, trim the bangs up and work with your cowlick and do straight across bangs for a while. Also try to breathe, it's hair and it will grow back.
>>
>>9452689
>She double checks reference pictures, asks whether you want exactly that or whether you want some changes that might work better, and actually double checks how much length you want off right before she starts cutting.
That's just called being a good hairdresser, weebshit.
>>
File: me1768c.jpg (54KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
me1768c.jpg
54KB, 375x500px
I've decided to get a haircut for the first time in four years, and I was wondering if I could get some advice because I don't know shit about hair. My hair is very thin and straight, and I've got a pretty unfortunate face - it's long with a 5head and a large nose.

I heard that sidebangs are good for taking attention away from a big nose and also to cover up a forehead, so I'm thinking of something with those. Do you guys reckon something like pic related would be alright, and do you have any other tips? I'm kind of nervous since it's been so long since it's been cut but honestly it can't get worse than how it looks right now. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9452510
The last time I got a bad haircut I didnt go in for a cut for like two years. I will not do walk ins anymore, I only go to stylists who my friends have recommended to me and vouched for, or whome have good reviews online. I schedule with the stylist I want specifically, I WILL NOT let a stylist I havent heard of touch my hair.

This method has led to me to having excellent haircuts and I love going to the salon because I know my stylists and trust them to do a good job now.
>>
>>9451617
The last time I got a bad haircut it was a gay man, he just butchered my layers, when I went to a different stylist she was shocked at what some one had done.
>>
>>9453180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkLUsJPdtk
This is it. The key is to use hairdressers scissors or at least very sharp scissors, and some feathering scissors to make it look natural and prevent split ends. For my bangs I use >>9452503 to select the section, trim them, curl them and tada, my haircut is complete. I hope this works for you anon.
>>
>>9455775
I think those sort of sideswept bangs are flattering for a lot of face shapes and would work fine for long ones, just keep in mind that if your hair is the thin and straight type you may need to style them with a roller or heat otherwise they'll hang straight and limp/
>>
>>9455904
Wtf, that's actually quite brilliant.
>>
File: 1438367552308.png (104KB, 213x262px) Image search: [Google]
1438367552308.png
104KB, 213x262px
>be me
>been cutting, bleaching and dying my own hair for years
>enjoy nothing more than watching fails on youtube of people cutting their own hair
>like putting a ponytail on top of your skull, shopping of a few inches and then going "omg never cut your hair at home"
>mfw

Am I the only one?
>>
>>9456175
anon are u me
I particularly like watching bangs cut wrong, and also enjoy salon fail horror stories..
>>
>>9456717
>I particularly like watching bangs cut wrong
Yesss
When they gather it all up and just straight up chop and then get SO SHOCKED that it didn't end up great
I don't get it, when there are so many great tutorials and videos out there, how can you get it so wrong?
>>
>>9398418
Go to your nearest China Town and find a salon there. Cheap AF and obviously great with asian hairstyles.
>assuming you are asian/have hair texture similar to asian hair
>>
>>9412040
Any other recs for hair dyes meant to go over dark/ black virgin hair? I've been bleaching my hair for years and have decided to grow it out so I don't wanna do that anymore.
>>
lolita here- finally caving and getting bangs
im getting something similar to the pic but i havent had bangs since middle school and terrified the hairdresser will fuck up/it wont suit my face
so i was wondering where do you guys get your hair cut? i dont have the skill to do it myself and was wondering about reputable salons
>>
>>9457482
You're going to have to tell people where you're from if you want to get recs. In any case, reputable chain salons don't mean good hair cuts in my experience. Start by googling hair dressers in your area then check out their work on instagram or facebook to see how you like it. That's how I found my most recent hairdressers and they turned out to be pretty great at least. Also ignore youtubers suggesting places if that's your thing, often they get mates rates and the top stylist rather than what the rest of us can afford lol (made that mistake myself and I'm still paying for it).

For Japanese style bangs they use a triangle section rather than the square one that's used in the West. If you search the archives an anon made a whole google doc on bangs which is really helpful.
>>
>>9457169
Hair dye that shows up on black hair will still damage it, you know that.... right?
>>
>>9457169
There isn't a way to get dye in black hair without bleach. The choice is to have it as one step (the garbage of box dyes) or two.
>>
File: Ohman.jpg (61KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
Ohman.jpg
61KB, 554x390px
>my usual hairdresser has been away for weeks but I need my hair trimmed before I go away
> she has been cutting my curly hair for about 5 years So I trust her
>salon owner suggests other stylist who is 'great with curly hair'
> normal hairdresser asks lots of questions about how I've been wearing my hair, if I have it straight etc
>this new hairdresser pulls my hair like she's opening a sealed box, seems almost angry she's doing my hair
>feel her pulling since she's knotted my hair, she tells me to 'relax' when I express concern
>hear scissors snipping
>this woman has cut my hair because she can't detangle the knots she's made
>4'' gone from a patch of my hair but she acts like nothing has happened
>get up to complain to manager who apologises
>new stylist pretty says 'anon wanted a trim anyway so what is the problem'

This is what I get for not waiting. My hair grows really slowly as well so I'm even more annoyed. Any tips on growing mixed race curly hair?
>>
>>9458112
>4'' gone
This would be all my hair
>>
>>9458112
I'm no help but you have my sympathy anon.
My hair is basically straight but I had the same thing happen.
Crappy stylist ignored my request to keep as much length as possible because I was growing my hair to donate, and just cut off everything that got tangled when she tried to comb it all the way from the root to the tip when it had just been washed.
She cut off 5 inches (18 months growth) the day before my graduation from uni.
>>
>>9458331
I hope you got a refund and an apology, jfc.
>>
File: 1490960248065.jpg (66KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490960248065.jpg
66KB, 538x538px
>get a pixie cut from elderly hairstylist
>hairstylist is cranky, elderly, and all other clients are cranky and elderly but me
>things going well, her attitude is off-putting but it's easier to get hair done there since grandma goes there weekly and it's cheap as fuck
>downside is a trim turns into nearly an inch off hair
>have big forehead and widows peak, bang trim reveals my shame
>go longer between cuts to offset this
>hair suffers for it
>finally hair is long enough for a tiny ponytail
>Gran tells stylist I'm growing it out to do that
>stylist tells grandma I'm "ass backwards" for growing it out this close to summer
>got an appointment this Saturday

Give me patience, please. I just want a slightly more feminine look instead of my butchboi cut and to have actual bangs.
>>
File: 1476609970936.jpg (90KB, 564x739px) Image search: [Google]
1476609970936.jpg
90KB, 564x739px
This is extremely gross but hear me out gulls. For the last year or so I've had a nervous habit of tearing off skin around my ears and hairline which prevented me from dying my hair or anything like that, which seriously bummed me out. I've finally managed to kick the habit (going on two weeks without picking, don't even feel the urge) so I'm finally looking forward to getting my hair dyed again in a few weeks.

I've a lot of residual flakes and scabs but I've been putting a moisturising lotion over them to lessen irritation. Should I keep going with this, or is that lotion stopping the healing process? Also given the damage, how long should I wait before bleaching and dying my hair? Thinking about booking an appointment for the end of the month just to be sure.
>>
>>9458362
I don't get this. Why are you forced into a hair appointment at all? Why are you forced into this stylist? Are you 5?

If you are older than 5 just refuse, refuse, refuse. Don't sit in the chair, don't show up. Problem solved?
>>
>>9457482
Find a lot of photos of what you want and bring it with you. Try going to an asian stylist or someone who is young and a bit on the alternative side, they'll get it. If you are in a comm it's good to ask for recommendations there.
>>
>>9458352
I'm a pussy, so I just never went back to that salon and told the friends that recommended it to me to boycott them.
>>
>>9459850
Well done for kicking the habit anon, I can't manage to stop.
I would recommend using an antiseptic cream rather than a regular mosturiser and not booking an appointment until your skin is fully healed.
>>
>>9459850
Good job anon, I used to do that but with skin around top of my scalp and it took me a year to properly kick the habit. Keep moisturising because skin can't heal if it's too dry (or if it's wet all the time, but if it's already flaky then some lotion is just fine).

I'd say wait until there's no broken skin (no scabs or cracks) and it's healed over smoothly to start dying it. Some hairdressers will put a barrier cream over your skin to prevent staining, but I wouldn't want to risk getting bleach on any broken skin.
>>
>>9459861
There aren't many hair stylists in our small town, unfortunately, and this one has been cutting my grandmother's hair for decades. It's just easier to go to her at my grandmother's appointment time than to try the dropouts at the Walmart salon which is literally the only other place that cuts white hair in town aside from the one other salon I used to get my hair done at before it shut down. I live in elderly retirement town, USA.
>>
>>9459914
Do you maybe live close to a big city? You could go get a haircut in the morning and then make a day out of it. Or what about venturing out into other towns?
>>
>>9459933
I probably should. There's a college town about 45 minutes away. Everything else between here and there is boondocks and retirement towns, depending on the direction.

I just want a trim and then to not go for another month.
>>
>>9458072
>>9458106
I am aware that dyeing hair will damage it but not as much as bleaching the shit out of it like I did for unnatural bright colors. The post I was referencing talked about how the dye she used worked best with non-bleached dark hair, so that is the type of dye I am looking for. So any recs for that? I know I have used dyes over my non-bleached hair before that have shown up, I just wanted to know if there were more varieties of choices.
>>
File: 1467866736104.jpg (91KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1467866736104.jpg
91KB, 736x736px
>>9459874
Thanks! It's been extraordinarily difficult to stop, but having something continuously in my free hands while at home has helped immensely. Ideally something you can fiddle with and twine around your fingers like a textured elastic hairband, or one of those tacky flower crowns. I've tried a few other things such as stress balls and clothespins but the urge would always overwhelm with those. It seems that fidget cubes have also proven to be beneficial, so it might also be worth looking into. Keep trying and you will beat it someday.

>>9459900
Thanks! And congrats on kicking the habit, fuck yeah.

And thanks for the advice, both of you. Will switch over to the antiseptic cream asap and keep an eye on how well it's healing before making any appointments.
>>
>>9459935
I understand you anon, closest "city" to me is 2 hours away and it's population is still under 30k so I don't have very many hair cutting options.
>>
>>9395200
Any general tips from anyone for self-french braiding your hair?

Tbh i want this for when I work out to keep my hair the fuck ot of my face (zero headbands work) but my fingers get in the way if i can't see (I took a cosmetology class in high school so i can do it just fine on someone else...)
>>
>>9395487
The only thing that's ever worked for me is to bleach it again unfortunately so i've just started planning my new color around what the faded color will look like.

For example I started with green, went to blue, went to purple, and next i'll be going back to red since this purple has reddish tones in it already. I've saved my hair a lot of frying this way. Some colors you can put over the faded color without issue. Just pay attention to the color wheel.
>>
>>9396715
I can't tell if you typoed hime cut or if you legitimately think it's called home cut or if home is a different kind of thing.
>>
>>9398418
Stop going to walmart then lmfao
>>
What should I put on my hair after a bath?
>>
>>9459850
>>9460020
Beating habits like this can be so hard, congrats for doing it anon!
If you buy bleach to bleach at home, the instructions will usually say to consult with a doctor, which, lets be real, probably nobody actually does, but in your case it might be good

Otherwise it'll probably be fine as long as it's healed to the point where it doesn't bleed or hurt
A bit of warning though, bleaching can hurt like a bitch the first time. Not for everyone, but for me (I have pretty low pain tolerance) it hurt so much that I had to wash it out after 20 minutes or so
But it could be that the hairdresser I went to used really strong bleach, idk

Not to scare you of, just think everyone should be aware that it could hurt before you jump straight into it
>>
>>9461065
A strong volume + an inexperienced hairdresser could be the problem.

They should always start at the ends and do the scalp last because virgin hair processes faster, and to avoid it being near the scalp for too long.

You should ask for a lower volume bleach next time.

For me it will tingle sometimes but usually it'll go away if i power through it.If you section it off properly, doing the strand test on your body can help show you your pain tolerance for the bleach, allergic reactions, etc but i never strand test because i suck lol.
>>
File: 1489042320017.jpg (18KB, 236x211px) Image search: [Google]
1489042320017.jpg
18KB, 236x211px
>>9456175
Can we be friends anon? We can do each other's hair.
>>
>>9456175
same. i've been doing radials on myself for years, along with bleaching and various toning. i dont get why idiots cant just look it up online first.
>>
>>9461361
Any pics of your hair anon?
>>
>>9395487
Dishwashing detergent, or just go swimming in the sea/chlorinated pool.
>>
hey Gulls,

I have been wanting to get extensions, but I am doubting if I should do it. They are rather expensive, but I want to look my best and I hate my medium-length, thin hair..

Any experiences, tips etc?
>>
File: JUST_anzu.jpg (97KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_anzu.jpg
97KB, 820x1024px
Will too much dye JUST your hair like so?
>>
>>9468578
Nah the thinning is the anorexia
>>
>>9423034
I need more short hair inspo
>>
So I cut my bangs today, doing a microbang/bettybang/babybang whatever you wanna call them.

I was really in shock at first because I cut them a little shorter than I meant to but now that a few hours have passed and I've done my makeup i like it. Anyone else ever do their bangs like this?

I feel guilty because I didn't use hair cutting shears (I couldn't find them) and used some craft scissors (unused so at least they were nice and sharp).
>>
>>9469554
i love short bangs and used to wear them like this, but since i have curly hair they were a bitch to maintain and they don't suit my facial features anyways. i love that they add a punky/street style vibe to lolita.
>>
>>9460717
I think a big part of it is understanding what you are doing, which is a braid plus adding hair in as you go. Maybe try only bringing in one side first to get used to that? You will end up doing 2 braids to get all of your hair but it should help with the motion.
>>
>>9465542
If your hair is thin already be careful with extensions, the weight of them can pull them out. Maybe try clip-in human hair first rather than permanent ones.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.