[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 months away and still no Anime Central thread? なんでやねん!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 47

File: Anime_Central_(logo)[1].png (15KB, 322x142px) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Central_(logo)[1].png
15KB, 322x142px
2 months away and still no Anime Central thread?
なんでやねん!
Post cosplay plans, hotel searching, etc.
>>
File: Midwest line up.png (1MB, 1909x867px) Image search: [Google]
Midwest line up.png
1MB, 1909x867px
>>9389756
>cosplay plans, hotel searching, etc.
No idea what I'm going to cosplay. Money's been extra tight so I can't exactly afford anything new and fancy. Considering just re-doing Rarity, Lana Kane and something I'm not proud of for the sake of trying to make it better. Pic 100% related. I've been fluctuating between gaining and losing weight but I know for certain I want to properly do these with a nicer stomach. I'm not fat or even chubby but I just hate the stomach flab I have.

No need to search for a hotel since a friend of mine rooms at the hyatt and wanted me to come along.

Though, my cosplays are my primary concern since I spend most of my time taking photos and find panels old hat now.
>>
>Guest announcements before May

Okay. What happened?
>>
>>9389852
Hah. Yea I asked myself the same thing. I was really confused and surprised.
>>
Does anyone have any inkling of when the Marriott block will open up?
>>
Might go with another gull, what are the cheapest hotel rooms?
>>
File: Bustup_16_08.png (409KB, 401x537px) Image search: [Google]
Bustup_16_08.png
409KB, 401x537px
>>9390252
Depends on how far you're willing to go back and forth. I think Best Western is cheapest? I recommend the Aloft though if you want to be close and can't get something connected by the skybridge. It's really nice with the best shower ever. It's expensive, but worth it.

>my pockets when booking solo the entire weekend
>>
This will be my 10th ACen - I've been going since I was 17. Don't know how much longer I've got left before I'm that creepy old dude.
>>
>>9390273
You're only creepy if you creep, anon.
>>
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here.
>>
I applied to be a model in the GOUK fashion show, did anyone else apply? Not sure if they will take me since I realize now my headshot I sent them was fugly. Also, does anyone know if any Lolita related events going on?
>>
File: laughing8.jpg (47KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
laughing8.jpg
47KB, 460x276px
>>9390478
>any Lolita related events going on
>at ACen
>>
Kind of a long shot but does anyone have a table in ACen's AA and want to share? I can pay for more than half of the table too since demand is so high.
>>
Not 100% on plans yet. The meet up schedule so far is absolute shit.

>>9390252
I recommend Motel 6. Prices are good and it's within walking distance of the con (.9 miles)
>>
>>9390504
I only ask because I know in the past there has been a Lolita fashion show, swap meets etc and the Lolita collective goes pretty much every year.
>>
Ya boi, so stoked! This is my hometown con & the only con I really get to go to anymore. Living the Hyatt life this year - no cosplay plans.

Anyone want to meet up for drinks sometime over the weekend?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nleqj5HRH11r2vfq1.png (368KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nleqj5HRH11r2vfq1.png
368KB, 470x483px
I just registered, and I'm actually really excited. The biggest thing is that my brother is gonna be coming with and we're cosplaying together, and it sounds kinda dumb but I'm really excited for him to be getting into a hobby I'm into. He's never been really social so I'm happy to finally be breaking him out of his shell. We're gonna be cosplaying team skull grunts together, and I'm also planning to cosplay Hanayo. (I'm still undecided as to which costume yet, though.)
>>
File: Acen.jpg (221KB, 671x414px) Image search: [Google]
Acen.jpg
221KB, 671x414px
>2 months away
Don't remind me. I have so much to do. I'm so excited that my boyfriend is going to cosplay with me for the first time.
>>
>>9392117
The general is the Red Bar in the Hyatt. But this thread is going to 404 by the time Acen hits so someone will ask again.
>>
Anons who stayed at the Hyatt O'hare, how many people were you able to pack in a double room? This is my first time having a room for ACen, and 5 other people are tagging along.
>>
>>9392618
Definitely will be tight, but you'll be able to fit 6 with 2 on the floor. A rollaway/air mattress won't fit.
>>
I wanted to go to ACEN this year but holy cow those hotel prices! Instead I decided to go to Midwest. Any big difference between the two besides size? I haven't been to either
>>
>>9394565
I don't go to panels, but there is an atmospheric difference. Also guests. Midwest has people like Nostalgia Critic and others from Channel Awesome, Team Four Star, and e-celebs in general. There's a higher focus on lolita and it's a lot more lax on policies, like weapons. Acen tends to have a more electric air. Felt pretty dead to me last year, but aside from the bigger crowd, there's more hype over concert guests. Like Distant Worlds Final Fantasy.
>>
>>9394565
>>9394942
ACEN was straight up dead last year. It was depressing to consider how bleak it was compared to Anime Midwest. The crowds seemed just as large as ever, but the events and special guests
seemed lackluster. I kind of regretted spending 500 for a hotel.
>>
>>9395103
Not sure if we're at the same convention, lol. I had a great time, but to each their own.
>>
>>9395144
Bumping, also, I think it depends on how many times someone's attended and what their intentions even are. Like that one Fry cosplayer who doesn't say a word and just exists. He and the L cosplayer do the same thing every year and I consider it very old hat. But someone new, and I've seen this happen, gets hype.
>>
Hahah i have like 3 cosplays planned and havent started on any of thrm. If I'm lucky I'll finish 1 of them :'D
>>
>>9392077
In the past, yes, like 2+ years ago was the last time there was a fashion show. Most of the lolita content has moved to Midwest though since Midwest failed to get a lolita guest last year I'm not sure what will happen this year.
>>
>>9390577
im staying at the motel 6 with some friends. never really been to a con before, didn't realize how far in advance you need to book if you want to stay somewhere nice+close for a reasonable price.

it would be cool to meet up if anyone is down.
>>
>>9392117

YO!

i'm super down to meet up--drinks would be sweet!

i'm probably just going to paint dimples on my cheeks, so i don't embarrass myself and end up in the Bad Cosplay Thread.

anyone else who wants to meet, add me on IG @pebami

or we could make a telegram group!
>>
This is gonna be my third ACEN, and my first one making a cosplay, 70% sure I'm going to fuck it up somehow.
I'm still trying to get a decent hotel for the con; none of my friends planned on getting a room until I brought it up.
>>
Fifth? Sixth? Acen, going all three days, staying at Crowne Plaza. Cosplaying from mob/touranbu/jojo. And running some shoots.
>>
>>9390270
>my pockets when booking solo the entire weekend
goddam the prices goes up every year
since I started going to ACEN, its gone up around $10...
>>
>>9392219
good luck to the both of you! I have a lot of happy memories about going to ACEN with my older brother! made feel a lot less nervous
>>
This is the first year all my friends are all jobless and can't do a hotel this year. Does anyone need an extra room mate? .......Plz.
>>
>>9392077
Yeah, I think most people gave up with lolita events at ACEN because it's too much of a hassle and the events are lackluster... Also, many people choose to cosplay over lolita. Usually there's a dinner meetup on Friday/Saturday at one of the restaurants nearby! Join the lolita fb comm for people in town visiting friends/family or cons for any updates: fb.com/groups/668380620011648/

>>9389852
I think they might've gotten a better guest relations director? And they're working with JHouseRock to bring in Japanese guests under the Sony and UP-FRONT WORKS Co., Ltd. label

>tfw I want Asian Kung-Fu Generation to be a musical guest again
>>
>>9405119
>tfw I want Asian Kung-Fu Generation to be a musical guest again
At least you're not one of the 5 people who like Ali Project.
>>
Been going to ACen for 10 years and last year was one of the best for me. Pretty excited for this year, which is something I'm surprised to be saying about ACen.
>>
>>9394942

Midwest does have an anime studio this year, and rumors suggest they're gonna have more than 1. I hope ACEN's big music guest is awesome this year.
>>
>>9389756
This is gonna be the second year of Acen that I won't have any new cosplay :( Last year I started HRT and used it as a chance to wear a bunch of new cute clothes so it wasn't a big deal, but this year I ran outta time and money!

Opinions pls. Is it like, a shitty noob thing to recycle cosplay? Cus I really wanna dress up as something one day at least.
>>
>>9409958
Don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to re-use previous cosplays. Go for it!
>>
>>9405119
It's still the same guest relations head. I was able to confirm this last week with a friend of mine who staffs acen.
>>
>couldn't run panel last year
>didn't get panel application submitted in time this year
>fuck

Unless a miracle happens and somebody bails on a 2-hour panel in the next day or so, Hentarmageddon 7 is officially cancelled.

On the plus side, maybe now I'll actually have time to work on some kind of cosplay.
>>
3rd ACEN 1st time cosplaying. Gonna be a Hyatt boy this year. Going all 3 days. I'd be down for a meet up or whatever. (Was super happy I was able to bum a room with a friend )
>>
>>9410082
Oh thank God. That panel is always shit.
>>
>>9409958
I still wear cosplays I made a couple of years ago every now and then, I say go for it!
>>
>>9410360

so shit you always went back :3
>>
Is an Osomatsu hoodie and unkempt hair too lazy of a cosplay?
>>
File: a_very_yugioh_acen.jpg (187KB, 760x796px) Image search: [Google]
a_very_yugioh_acen.jpg
187KB, 760x796px
>>2 months away
I'm finally almost done with my cosplays, with 3 done and 1 in progress. It's gonna be a very Yugioh Acen for me.
>>
>>9410013
>>9410813

I just wasn't sure if that was being lazy haha. But I suppose the goal is to have fun, right? Thank you both ^_^
>>
>>9389756
We're looking for a place to stay for the con, any recommendations? Everything around the con site is sold out
>>
>>9412287
keep calling the hotels around every day, my friend just got a room at the hyatt that way
>>
>>9390504
AP usa just announced they'll be there with some stock and there will be an AP fashion show. The chicago comm hasn't planned anything yet but there could be some sort of meet with them.
>>
>>9412535
Is this even true? Where did you see this, I'm not about to shit my petti over nothing....
>>
>>9412535
Yeah anon screenshot or it didn't happen
>>
Bump. Since this is the 20th year (at least I think it's gonna be its 20th) I wonder how the turnout is gonna be and what the hot new cosplay is gonna be.

I'm guessing Re:Zero and Yuri on Ice. If I see any Matoi The Sacred Slayer, Symphogear, Bakemonogatari or any other shows I've watched I'll be happy.
>>
>>9414811
Yeah, Re:Zero and YOI both sound about right, and probably Lucoa from Dragon Maid since it's easy enough to throw together. I'm just hoping to see some Boku no Hero Academia and some GOOD Mob Psycho cosplays, since those were my two favorites from this past year.
>>
Are they really done announcing guests?
Any news on food trucks?
>>
>>9412562
>>9413353
posted by chicago comm mod
>>
>>9414848
Stock up on food or walk to a place. Dennys and McDonalds? Are closeish to ACEN IIRC.

Day b4 the con friend and I are gonna hit up Jewels (food store) and stock up on food and beer. Whole cart full of snacks and coffee beans alochol and jerky. Water too.
>>
>>9414848
I doubt they're done with guests. Acen has a really bad habit of waiting until dangerously close to the con to list their whole lineup.
>>
>>9414859
Dang I wonder when they'll open up applications for the AP fashion show. GOUK will also be doing a fashion show, I wonder/hope they'll be on separate days. I've already applied and gotten a response back from the GOUK show, but I would absolutely love to be in the AP one as well.
>>
>>9415474
Dennys is about 0.9 miles and the staff/food is the greatest. Bonus points if you're staying at Motel 6, since it's basically in the same parking lot.
Heads up tho, it's always super busy during cons (duh)
>>
>>9412535

I heard a rumor that Midwest will have a lolita guest this year. Not sure who, but it seemed like something that is happening.
>>
>>9415474
Last year they had food trucks for the first time, and it was announced somewhere off the Acen site like from the city of Rosemont or something.
>>
>>9414848
>>9416382
For real I really hope that they can get Beaver Donuts again. That truck parks right by my school all the time and it's pretty good. The donuts I got were pretty basic but I know they have a ton of toppings to choose from. (The one sticking out in my mind is PB&J)
The truck that had Poutine was pretty good too, so I hope they'll be there again as well
>>
>>9416458
>>9416382
>>9416042

What gets me a lil pissed is getting coffee, I know the Hyatt? Rosemont place has a Starbucks but I hate waiting in line forever.

God damn whippersnappers don't even like coffee and are making me wait. Might do what we did last year, Just eat coffee beans
>>
>>9416458
do you go to columbia
>>
>>9416554
I go to the American Academy of Art, so I'm not far from Columbia
>>
File: IMG_5404.gif (1006KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5404.gif
1006KB, 500x333px
>>9416547
The Hyatt's Starbucks rarely gives me trouble. It has a line but not nearly as bad as the Starbucks in the actual convention center.

>tfw Starbucks takes all of your con money
>>
Putumayo has been announced!

If you like punk lolita, Putumayo is coming.
>>
>>9417027
No one cares.
>>
>>9417087
I'm not really caring either (I'm not a fan of Putumayo), but I wanted to draft a grand post. :p
>>
Huh. Hentarmageddon's back on. I better get some dinosaurs.
>>
>>9416547
>Might do what we did last year, Just eat coffee beans

What are you, a soldier on patrol in Kandahar? Just brew a bunch of double-strength coffee (two scoops to a cup instead of one) at home and keep it in a cooler or fridge, drink it over ice.

Source: used to work at Starbucks, that's literally how we make our iced coffee
>>
>>9416981
That's what I meant, The convention center Starbucks.

>>9417284
I aint waiting in line, friend brought a bag and said eat up champ, ate a couple handfuls and the coffee headache went away then we washed it down with some early morning brews.
>>
>>9417277
Oh no :( That panel is always shit.
>>
>>9417412

so shit we'll see you there :3
>>
>>9417087
>>9417179
It's kind of cool that ACen is at least putting in a little effort for jfashion guests. AP/HH will also be there + doing a fashion show, so that's cool.
>>
>>9417335

>friend brought a bag and said eat up champ, ate a couple handfuls and the coffee headache went away then we washed it down with some early morning brews.

I am a full blown alcoholic and that still sounds horrifying
>>
>>9417628
yeah, probably haha
>>
File: 1457323565096.png (160KB, 260x378px) Image search: [Google]
1457323565096.png
160KB, 260x378px
The one time in eight years I can't make it to ACen is when TeddyLoid is finally a guest.
http://www.acen.org/2017-special-entertainer-announcement-teddyloid/

>mfw my first-world weeb ass is genuinely upset that an all expense paid trip to Cancun coincides with that weekend
>>
File: synergy.jpg (175KB, 1170x758px) Image search: [Google]
synergy.jpg
175KB, 1170x758px
H O L Y S H I T
O
L
Y
S
H
I
T
>>
>>9420869
oh fuck teddyloid
>>
>>9420869
They just made every other anime con besides AX look like shit.
>>
so where's the meetup? anyone wanna grab drinks at the Hyatt bar? when would be a good time to do that?
>>
>>9420929

Are you serious? None of that list is impressive. NONE.
>>
>>9421700
guess you have shit taste anon
>>
does anyone know when applications for the AP/HH fashion show go up?
>>
File: acen 2017.png (957KB, 1034x715px) Image search: [Google]
acen 2017.png
957KB, 1034x715px
Just waiting for my cosplays to come in the mail.
My 'friend' and I planned on doing duo cosplays and have her be my Nico and Pipimi, but she never started on them and then we just fell out because she never replied to my texts. So I guess I'm going alone again this year¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>9416903
I GO THERE TOO THE FUCK
>>
>>9410951
> ^_^
Don't do that. Also, don't let /cgl/'s view on cosplay ruin your fun. As long as you look like a decent human being then just have fun. Cosplay is an expensive hobby, even moreso if you make it unless you're a whiz at making cheap materials look like the highest quality. Also, consider how many new people will be there.

I've seen people gush about the Fry and L cosplayers and they've been doing the same thing since I first went in 2013/14 or so.
>>
>>9421897

I hate to admit it, but as much as I love 4chan, I do kind of miss using anime emoticons.
>>
>>9421888
Okay I'm pretty sure we've talked, actually. If you remember briefly talking with someone who had a Pop Team Epic shirt, that's me. I remember talking to someone who mentioned cosplaying Popuko, so I'm pretty sure that was you
>>
>>9422097
OH ITS YOU! We talked in the second floor lounge once but I never caught your name.
>>
File: 17-04-04-15-58-35-242_deco.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
17-04-04-15-58-35-242_deco.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>9422100
I'll have to try and catch you next time I see you so we can actually get each other's names.
Anyway, here's the cosplays I'm doing. I don't have the time/money to do a third one for Acen, but I want to get a dragon maid cosplay together by July for my next convention.
>>
>>9420903
Why?! He's a badass.
>>
>>9421897
^_^
^_^
^_^
>>
File: 1490496900311.png (1MB, 1203x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1490496900311.png
1MB, 1203x1700px
Planning on doing awoo, currently have the MAGA hat and Shield made up, sword is drying with its first 3 coats of mod podge. Dress is perfect. Should hopefully have the sword plastidipped and painted by this weekend.
>>
>>9422821
I plan on doing awoo as well but i might be lacking the sword, sheild and MAGA hat. I'm currently working on my skirt. What did you use for your pom-pom's on her shirt?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9423144
I used these. http://www.joann.com/darice-pom-poms-3in-4-pkg-white/4901245.html#start=12

Any craft store should have them too, I got something just like those from Michaels.

Shield turned out well though. Did at least 3 mini mockups before the final one.
>>
>>9422821
>Dress is perfect.
Bitch, I'll piss on your dress you filthy secondary fan.
>>
>>9422821
>MAGA version of awoo
>implying it's any level of perfect

I'm with >>9423290
You're a dirty trend-hopper, stop tainting awoo.
>>
>>9423294
I'd say we keep the MAGA hats clean of piss tho senpai.
>>
>>9423275
Nice shield, wouldn't mind stealing it and using it for my potential omorashi video
>>
>>9423275
I haven't choosen if I'll go with round of leaf shaped. Lots of art show her with a round sheild but more offical shows the leaf shaped.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 1146x613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 1146x613px
>>9423290
>>9423294
lol. I've been following touhou for the better part of the last 6 years, been on the chans for 11 years now. Nice try though honey. Admittedly though I did like Momiji a whole lot more in the past 2 years. Reimu and Chen we're my favorites for years. ~awoo

>>9423330
I went with "leaf" shaped because round seemed bland. But yes most official media uses that as opposed to the round.

>>9423310
That could possibly be organized if it can be done at the con.
>>
>>9423359
Organized or not, this urethra is set to kill
>>
File: image.png (289KB, 905x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289KB, 905x900px
>>9423377
I don't get why you're so upset. Did you piss in your own cornflakes? You're really hostile right now.
>>
>>9423385
I'm not the anon you are replying too, but no joke piss actually tastes really good with sugary snacks. The savoriness of that salty sugar flavor is to die for once you've tried it. If you are feeling adventurous try adding in a bit of pee to any sugary cereal like cinnamon toast crunch, fruit loops, Cap’n Crunch or like Apple Jacks and it will be delicious.
>>
>>9423359
you are a huge FAGKEK
>>
>>9421772

I agree with anon, Acen's guest list is garbage still.
>>
>>9423565
I'm going for the music so I think it is fantastic.
>>
>>9421700
You've never heard of hardcore techno anon?
>>
>>9422677
>>9421897
>>9421957

>>tfw I live in Japan now and EVERY GIRL from ANY AGE uses stickers or emoticons in texts.

It is cute but offputting as a 4chan user. Also, being in Japan means I am going to miss my first ACEN in 8 years. Shit.
>>
>>9420869
Can I meet kors k and tell him I follow him on ig
>>
>>9390273

This will be my 15th Acen
>>
>>9416382

I'm hoping the food trucks are there again. The cupcake lady was wonderful.
>>
>>9421700
What exactly were you expecting, anon? half of this list shouldn't have even been a surprise if you've been following which japanese DJs/producers have been playing the con circuit. Who would you want to play, who were you expecting?
>>9423565
> Acen's guest list is garbage still
k but this is still a good music lineup

>>9425442
do the kors k pose with him and put it on IG and tag him, then he will know
>>
>>9425430
^_^
:D
xD
>>
>Putumayo is announced
>week later Misako Aoki is going to Anime Midwest

ACen got upstaged in the lolita department again.
>>
>>9425621
ACen hasn't tried to hard in the lolita department in years. Them getting putumayo is a surprise, that's how low my expectations are. Maybe with AM, ACen will start re-caring about lolita stuff again?
>>
>>9423393

I'm saving this post.

You'll see why.

>>9423565

As usual El Ken only gives it his A game when he's finding musical guests

>>9425430

I'd say going to glorious Nippon beats out Aurora, anon O_O

>>9425459
>>9390273

Let me think. First ACen was the one in Arlington Heights where Robert DeJesus got married. Holy fuck, I've been going to ACen for 16 years.

...15, technically. I missed last year. Fucking weddings.

Which year had the best guests? 2005 had The Pillows and remains the first and last time I ever crowdsurfed. Also the last time SWEK ever played. Possibly because by the end of the con the main singer was violently drunk and in a wheelchair.
>>
>>9425635
Maybe. Acen has always catered to the rave/party scene, so it'd be nice to have some balance.
>>
Deadlift Lolita ft. Ladybeard is going to AM now. That's 2 now.
>>
File: IMG_5796.jpg (61KB, 534x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5796.jpg
61KB, 534x588px
>>9426091
I guess it's: Acen: 1
Midwest: 2
But eh, I'm going to both.
>>
>>9425944
As someone that goes to ACen for both, I don't mind them slacking on lolita guests as long as they keep letting Attack The Music do what they've been doing.
>>
>>9425857
El Ken actually does fuck all as far as the dances go. That's all attack the music.
>>
File: IMG_6389.jpg (46KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6389.jpg
46KB, 533x800px
Crispin Freeman was added to the guest lineup.

Not bad, I've always wanted to meet him.
>>
>>9426126
>>9425857
El Ken has nothing to do with Synergy, that's why it's actually good, lol
>>
>>9426145

is El Ken good at anything other than bitching on the forums about how hard he works?
>>
>>9426146
nope!
>>
>>9426148

I wish I could find the string of forum posts from a post-ACen gripes thread on one of the boards. An ex-staffer really laid into Ken and the rave people for about five straight pages, citing examples of incompetence and disrespect towards attendees the entire time.
>>
>>9426343
>rave people
you mean Synergy or Soap Bubble?
>>
>>9426352

Both?

It may have been the year Vic Mignogna's panel ran long by like an hour and they had to kill the Masquerade to make sure they started one of the dances on time. It led to an outpouring of frustration by a lot of attendees and ex-staffers, including the one I mentioned, as well as someone else who claimed ACen gave up AMV contests and karaoke so they could put more money into "the rave." There were some bitter complaints and suggestions that ACen cares more about bringing in people who don't give a shit about anime but will buy passes than it does about the fans who've been there since 1999.
>>
>>9426362
>There were some bitter complaints and suggestions that ACen cares more about bringing in people who don't give a shit about anime but will buy passes than it does about the fans who've been there since 1999.
I wasn't around but I believe it. As soon as dusk sets in, out come the fake light up dreads, drunkards and "dude. weed lmao" crowd.

I hope to not be in the building when someone pulls the fire alarm. A shame that I feel it to be necessary to have security cameras or some sort of guards posted at the areas just to ward off the moron who decides to do it.
>>
>>9426362
They're different events run by different people on different nights of ACen. Can't be "both".
>>
>>9426367

I'm quoting forum bitching from five years ago and am too much of a shy weeb fuck to go to either dance, dude, cut me some slack
>>
>>9426362
You are thinking of the time the fire alarm was pulled and they got rid of the skit portion of the masquerade. It was 2012 I think.
>>
>>9423571
not everyone is a fan of techno and raves GASP
>>
What the fuck is going on with the cosplay gatherings all being changed to an hour?
>>
>>9427159
Its just Knives being a fuckin idiot again. Ho-ly shit. Has he fucked up this year.
>>
>>9427485
He needs to go. It's fucking up my entire schedule and it's becoming a huge safety issue for my gathering.
>>
>>9427159
>>9427485
>>9428083
Where are y'all finding the meet up schedules, I can't find them on the site. Is it up on the guidebook app already?
>>
File: IMG_5772.jpg (13KB, 232x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5772.jpg
13KB, 232x186px
>>9428323
The schedule /was/ on Acen's forums. Now it's a link to Acen's 2012 guidebook. No idea if it's been fixed yet. I'll see if I can find a link to the original google doc for you, Anon.
>>
>>9428397
>>9428323
facebook /groups/1323046191052174/
Here's a non-fucked up list/group.
>>
>>9428844
I love that group.

Also he made the google doc private. My god.
>>
>>9394565
First time going to ACEN so I can't speak from experience. Nevertheless, I don't think ACEN has free ramen/rice and drinks like Midwest's ConSweet. I'm sure merch is bigger though.
>>
>>9399514
Midwest had Lolita panels last year.
>>
>>9427007
You're a retard, just because you aren't a fan of something doesn't make it impressive. Teddyloid is a pretty big deal for this shit con.
>>
>>9428856
Are you kidding me? I want the old person back. She knew what she was doing.
>>
This will be my first acen attending in a while where I haven't volunteered in one way or another. What do all the cool kids do for fun? I've forgotten what it's like to not be tethered to a post for 8 hours watching all the weebs have fun.
>>
>>9423393
Sweet urine is a sign of diabetes, if you're not trolling you should get tested soon
>>
>>9425621
Honestly, if you're a lolita in the area, you probably gave up hope on lolita guests at ACEN since they tend to shaft them to bad times in the schedule. Last year, the Mint Neko fashion show wasn't even on the ACEN schedule and you had to find the location at their booth. Hopefully it will be better this year for Gouk, Putumayo, and whatever AP USA/Harajuku Hearts brings over.

Midwest has always had a strong lolita presence after they booked Btssb, the con is smaller so way less stressful overall but the artist alley quality is really pitiful in comparison. Glad to see that Misako is hitting up Chicago and hopefully she'll come back in the future!
>>
Im kind of a noob when it comes to conventions and cosplay. Its going to be my second year going to acen, last year I decided to cosplay and a bunch of people wanted to take my picture, I let them but some looked dissapointed when they were finished. Is there any protocol for getting your picture taken? I dont really want to dissapoint anyone.
>>
>>9430502
Practice posing for whatever character you're doing beforehand.
>>
This would be my first ACEN since I recently moved to Chicago from Orlando. Is the con actually still worth going to?
>>
>>9425621
>Anime Midwest

too bad the con chair is a rapist, else I'd go.
>>
>>9431159
Regret fucking Kopf would be more enjoyable than attending Acen for another disappointing year.
>>
>>9431162
How about we don't do that this year. You Kopf shills ruin the ACEN threads every year.

>Hi Kassy/Erica/etc.

Fuck off.
>>
I'm having a lot of trouble finalizing my cosplay plans. There's a lot of shit I want to do but I just can't settle down and pick three.
>>
>>9430502
>>9430540
This. You should probably know a couple common poses for your character. Just practice them beforehand, it's nbd.
>>
>>9431145
I still have a lot of fun going, but most of the common criticisms are pretty accurate. It's terribly scheduled and maintained, a lot of the focus has drawn away from anime, and there's always some kinda random drama like a fire alarm.

That being said, it's huge, the cosplay is some of the best in the country and SO many people participate. Plus, and this is just a personal thing, the scope of it and hype gives it a really fun energy. If you at least have people to go with and hang out with, you'll have fun.
>>
So are they done announcing fashion guests
>>
how big is the kamen rider/toku crowd at acen?
>>
>>9431162
>Regret fucking Kopf would be more enjoyable than attending Acen for another disappointing year.

Whoever you are, I love you.

>>9431470
>How about we don't do that this year. You Kopf shills ruin the ACEN threads every year.

I mean, I do think we should stay on topic. You don't have to bring up Midwest to talk about how shitty ACEN is. Just compare to Anime Expo or Anime North or ANY other con. Least # of fashion guests, worst staff, etc.
>>
>>9431896
Give or take 50-75
>>
Unless I can come up with something in a month I'll be cosplaying JJL Josuke again. Maybe I'll attend a panel or two this time instead of spending all day in the game room.
>>
File: received_1841000776183906.jpg (12KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
received_1841000776183906.jpg
12KB, 316x316px
Kind of off topic, but are any gulls that plan to go to acen going to C2E2? I normally don't do comic conventions but I just found out one of my biggest artistic inspirations is going to have a table, so I'm probably gonna go on Sunday.
>>
>>9433734
I'm only going Friday because I hear it's the day to really go. Plus it's the cheapest. I'm not into western media that much but I do want to do speed dating again. Plus the dealers hall isn't all that bad. My only gripe is that the crowd is entirely different from Acens. Lots of grown couples with children and less opportunities to just go up to people and make friends like I can do at an animu con.
>>
>>9431902
>Just compare to Anime Expo or Anime North or ANY other con.
Yeah fucking seriously. Acen has been around almost 20 years but it's still run like a new and struggling operation. How have they not gotten it together at this point?
>>
>>9433749
Perhaps it's legal reasons? As in, there's no way to legally kick out the incompetents for anyone who knows what they're doing. I have no idea. I don't know how running cons works.
>>
>>9433786
>legal reasons
It's personal reasons. Cons don't run like real businesses mostly because a con is formed when a few jackass friends decied it's a good idea. Most interal staff politics are personal politics. Because they dont want damage a friendship by removing someone ect ect. The cons that figure out it's supposed to be business and not a club house run the best cons.
>>
>>9433748
I was definitely thinking of going Friday, but I work and I have a feeling I couldn't get the day off because they've been much stingier recently. There's not a whole lot I'm looking to do besides meeting one artist/potentiality some autographs so it should be okay
>>
>>9433986
>The cons that figure out it's supposed to be business and not a club house run the best cons.
Well that's certainly what C2E2 does. I could not believe how fast I got through lines and how easy it was to deal with staff.
>>
>>9431159

I went last year before knowing about Kopf. Kind of want to go back despite his scumbaggery, especially since I can only do Friday at ACen.

It's so small, it's like traveling back in time. They even have a Karaoke room!

...of course the karaoke room doesn't have a single anime song, but...
>>
>>9434209

All those rumors are bullshit started by acen because they're like "fuck competition". Look into it deeply enough and you'll see. It's like one of those things that seems plausible on the outside, like Johnny Depp beating his wife, but when you really read the stories, shit just doesn't add up, and you notice that she was absolutely bonkers and that all the stories contradict each other.

>>9434159

More cons need to figure out how to be professional.
>>
>>9433734
Going all 3 days for C2E2 with cousin and a friend. C2E2 is rad. Go make a thread for it, I'll post there.
>>
File: ACEN20.jpg (206KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ACEN20.jpg
206KB, 1440x810px
Badge came in the mail this time. What's the process for entering artists alley the first day if you already have your badge? Just wait for the event to start?
>>
>>9434209
I went to Anime Midwest in 2015 and I noticed that it's really just poorly run. Staff didn't know where to take guests. Panels got moved out into a hallway because times were never consistent. Panel times kept getting pushed around. People getting consweet food kept getting sick. There was a board member from AM shouting in the lobby that he could do whatever he wanted because he was important. He kept reiterating his importance as well as saying he should be respected. The overall vibe at anime midwest is way different than any other con I've been at.
>>9434288
I agree. Many cons need to figure out how to be professional. They also need to be like >>9433986 and realize that they're not a club house. I've personally run into this as I help run a con and can confirm that this does happen. Too many people are concerned about hurting their friends' feelings but not about how their friends are hurting the con. I have removed someone who was seriously damaging to us on a business level but everyone was friends with. That person almost destroyed us as a business. I told our entire board to remove the person. I had enough evidence and was ready with screenshots. We've improved so dramatically it's confused our staff. We went from slow meetings because of procrastination to slow meetings because everything is actually done. This has been our most productive year and my first time being in charge of this. It's just shocking what people let slide year in and year out. Start weeding out the problem staff. It really helps.
>>
>>9434536
>I went to Anime Midwest in 2015 and I noticed that it's really just poorly run. Staff didn't know where to take guests. Panels got moved out into a hallway because times were never consistent. Panel times kept getting pushed around. People getting consweet food kept getting sick. There was a board member from AM shouting in the lobby that he could do whatever he wanted because he was important. He kept reiterating his importance as well as saying he should be respected. The overall vibe at anime midwest is way different than any other con I've been at.

This doesn't sounds like the Anime Midwest that I attended in 2015.
>>
>>9434536
>Start weeding out the problem staff. It really helps.

There's a good saying in management, and I don't remember exactly what it is - but the idea is that 1 bad hire can ruin 5 to 10 good ones.
>>
I've always been surprised about the Anime Midwest ass-licking because I've NEVER had fun at it. The dealer's hall is subpar, there are so little panels that its difficult to find a good one, and the attendance is low as fuck so its harder to get recognized/socialize with people of a common interest. All the nostalgiafags who think it reminds them of the first few years of a con when it is small need to move on and realize that price tag is not worth the experience. The people running Midwest have their heads so far up their asses it's almost scary. ACen is no better in terms of management but it at least has a bigger array of things to do just due to its sheer size.
>>
>>9434567

I have a hard time believe this, cause this is what I hear almost entirely just from ACen oldfags. I don't think it's nostalgiafags at all, they hate Midwest the most.

A smaller con is going to have a smaller dealers room and smaller panels, but the main events are better (cosplay contest doesn't get cancelled) and it's less of a hot mess where people are elbow to elbow.

Maybe it's just that you like crowds a lot more than I do.
>>
File: tumblr art.jpg (201KB, 474x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr art.jpg
201KB, 474x700px
>>9434577
My college had a mini con recently and I actually got to get close to Nostalgia Critic without waiting in line for an hour. I prefer massive crowds and hope to go to AX one day, but if it's one thing I like about Midwest it's that I can maneuver and actually shake hands with a guest, and better yet, have a moment to talk without feeling rushed.

Dealer's Hall isn't that bad either. It's smaller, yes, but not awful. Only downside if you come for fan art and all that's there is tumblr red nose trash. I like my chinese characters to not have tumors.
>>
File: IMG_3786.png (191KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3786.png
191KB, 435x435px
>>9434522
you didn't read the "don't take pictures of your badge" part of the letter, huh?
>>
>>9434577
Maybe you're also letting your dislike of crowds influence your view on the way the convention is run. Of course smaller conventions have smaller dealers rooms and a smaller array of things to do, but the main events are also shitty as a result. People don't give a shit about whether or not you won an award at Anime Midwest because its Midwest. ACen is known around the country as a top convention so winning the contest is somewhat of a big deal. I only mention this because you mention the cosplay contest and cosplay contests rely on the congoers and with a smaller and shittier array to choose from, I don't even bother going to it anymore.
>>
>>9434561
To each their own. That was my personal experience. I handle GR head at my con and quite frankly, I've seen some amazing and disturbing things at many different cons. I'm pretty close with one of the guests that was at AM that year and had texted shot them a message about having a beer. They popped down immediately with a voice actor friend of theirs. I was able to not only gain access to the guests private stock of booze, but only got to follow them around the entire event. As nice as that may be, that is also a security risk. This guest almost never had a handler and when the handler was available, would ask the guest where they needed to be. Your handler should know where the guest needs to be and at what times. Period. That same guest, along with another, had to hold their panel out in a hallway because of how things got shuffled around with panel time changes that day. It was just strange. This was only one instance. I do like the consweet idea.That is a nice touch. I won't lie, the venue has the ability to succeed.
One pretty telling thing is that I had a separate voice actor talk to me about Ryan. They mentioned that the cons were small and Ryan does the same panels every time. The voice actor has politely asked to do something different in regards to panels to mix it up for the attendees. Ryan hasn't changed it. If you don't change a repeat guest's schedule, it becomes mundane. Attendees lose interest. AM seems to get alot of the same guests multiple years in a row. That's just my five cents on the matter.

>>9434564
And that's very true. We actually lost quite a few staff and many stepped down from board positions as this person was terrible to work with. After their removal, though, it turned around and we made progress. This staffer had been with us since the beginning. I waltzed in and took the bull by the horns. I saw something wrong, I fixed it. This staffer just played busy but never completed a damn thing.
>>
>>9434867
but also got to follow** and would like to note that I do have more than just that one instance with the voice actor panel shenanigans.

Apologies for derailing a bit there but I do feel like ACen has it's own fair share of issues too. I think the reason I can at least enjoy ACen more is because of the vast age range that's there. Midwest feels like I walked into middle school. I've had one year at acen where things just felt off and I didn't have as great of a time but I made up for it in the following year. I really do look forward to acen this year and honestly, it's just amazing to see what everyone brings out for their cosplay!
>>
>>9434872
I go to cons to drink and have fun with my friends. Few guys I know from Discord are at Sakura-con right now and are having a fuck BLAST. I hope ACEN is as hype. Just walking around the con slamming beer and talking to people is great. Last time I went (Last Year) it was chill as fuck. Just drinking and waiting in line was fun, Just talking to everyone. I hope this year is as fun as last year or even more fun.
>>
>>9434561
Not >>9434536 but I can tell you delayed/canceled panels and staffing issues were a thing at Anime Midwest 2015.

With that said, when the hell is Knives going to stop being dumb and post the photoshoot schedules?
>>
Man this will be my 5th Acen, almost didn't go this time since it was so close to Anime North which I'm also going on.

Hoping I see a bit of Nier Automata besides myself as 9S.
>>
>>9434522
know you're excited but, jesus man, what are you doing?
>>
File: CHEWING NERVOUSLY.gif (1MB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
CHEWING NERVOUSLY.gif
1MB, 460x345px
>>9435027
>Hoping I see a bit of Nier Automata
>spoilers will be everywhere
>still havn't played
>Persona 5/Tales of Bears
>tfw poor and laptop can't run new games
This con is going to kill me if I don't get these games soon. I want to go in blind.
>>
>>9435296
You somehow haven't been spoiled to the entirety of Tales of Bears? Man you're lucky, anon.
>>
>>9435317
Step 1: don't go to /v/
Step 2: never go to /v/
Step 3: unsubscribe from everyone who uploads anything related to the subject
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: PROFIT
>>
May not be the best place to look, but I was wondering if anyone here would have room for +1 in a hotel room for the weekend. Willing to pay a little extra on the account that you won't know me as well etc. I live in Chicago also so if you want to be shown around the city/get into town early and have a place to stay for free for a day or so I'm totally down for that. Let me know here if you're interested and we can trade contact info and discuss it further/get to know each other etc. Thanks!
>>
>>9416554
Aww shit if there's some Columbia seagulls in here we should meet up and coffee sometime.
>>
>>9435555
>spot lone lolita at campus
>kawaii/10
>probably in this thread right now
I'm scared
>>
>>9434867

It's weird when I see people talk about "that one time that I went to Anime Midwest" it was bad, and then say "I've also had off years at ACen".

I don't think Midwest has been around long enough to judge it off just a couple years, it did blow up pretty quickly, and I think staff are just now getting a handle on it.
>>
>>9435571
lol same I've seen a couple of people in lolita around but I never say anything.

What department you in? Communication here.
>>
>>9435625
/fa/

I've seen some students in j-fash but they seem to hang around 618. Tried to compliment that girl, if you've seen her, who wears fairy-kei but she didn't seem to care.
>>
>>9435653
If we're thinking of the same person, she's kind of an asshole and really full of herself.

I've actually been hanging around the fashion department recently working on my cosplay for acen. The open lab is the best thing ever!
>>
>>9435738
Sounds about right.

>tfw want to make cosplay
>took/passed Sewing I-II
>still can't so much as make a simple skirt
Commissions forever it is. Wish I could afford one of those Wolfram forms because I'd just drape the thing.
>>
>>9435753
You should believe in yourself! I'm sewing a costume with very little experience myself right now, my pants are almost done and they aren't the worst thing someone's ever worn to a convention lol. You can get tips and guidance in the open lab, they really don't mind!
>>
>>9435577

If memory serves these criticisms dog Kopf at every con he runs. That combined with his creepy reputation probably make people give Midwest less credit.
>>
>>9435577
The only thing I'm referring to as off in that post is that it ended up being small things that went wrong, like forgetting parts of my cosplay at home and having props break without a way to repair it. A friend of mine was also around her 'I need to camerawhore all day erryday" bf and he'd literally compete with me in regards to how many photos I'd receive. So it's more of my own fault things were off, not the con itself. Most of what makes Midwest have the stigma that it does is like what >>9435825 mentioned. Ryan has these issues at any con he runs. In turn, the attendees are more likely to notice it. He copy pastes every con. It's practically the same. The voice actor I spoke to about this has appeared at multiple different Ryan-run cons and they've complained to me about it.
Ryan's actually approached our event, plus others, to share some "Legal streaming anime service" and website to share cosplays and photos. Pic that I've attached is what I received.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 787x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 787x787px
>>9435027
I wanted to do 2B so bad but they don't make heels in my size and wearing heels all day is death. Sorry nines- 9s.

Maybe by GenCon I'll have sourced heels. >>9435296
>>
>>9435875

I've never had any issues at Midwest and it seems way more organized to me than ACen. I went in 2013 and plan to go this year again, but there just seemed to be more staff available to help and things were more on time at Midwest.
>>
>>9437020
Yeah like last year at Midwest when Con staff blocked hotel stays from getting into their own hotel via the walkway.

Every Con has its problems and Midwest is no different.
>>
>>9437121
>blocked hotel stays from getting into their own hotel via the walkway.
I didn't see this, but they were standing at the base of the elevators. Ignoring normies and stopping cosplayers.

I snapped off on one of them after being harassed at the door and again on my way to the game room.
>>
>>9437121
Oh man, I remember this at the Hyatt. Kopf even had a blog post defending the third party security. It wasn't a huge deal breaker for me, since I only went to the Hyatt for the ramen. The only problem I had with Midwest last year was the long line for badge pick-up.
>>
>>9437289
Yeah I missed the teaparty thanks to that bullshit line. Prereg was insane yet the line for buying at-con was like a 15 minute wait.
>>
>found out the cosplay I ordered came into my town's post office this morning so I should be getting it by tomorrow
I'm getting so hype, gulls. I still have to finish my other cosplay but I'm so excited to get my other one already. How's everyone else's cosplays coming along?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9437448
Watcha doin anon? The last part of my cosplay is currently on hold until I find a suitable sand able material to put over the Plastidip. Also need to figure out what I can use as a counterweight on the hilt to help balance it. It's only about 2 pounds but that weight isn't exactly evenly distributed.
>>
>>9437528
I'm >>9422177 from earlier, and it's my Hanayo cosplay coming in. I have to make a run out when I get paid this weekend to get the rest of the stuff I need for the team skull grunt. And your prop looks really good so far! I don't know much about propmaking, so I unfortunately can't make any suggestions on product to use or anything. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished though!
>>
>>9437528
Katarina?
>>9437448
All I need to do is fix my hair bow. It seems floppy but I dunno what to do and I need to order a small red bag (to keep wallet and phone In since the skirt doesn't habe pockets)

>>9437528
Sand? Maybe foam? A roll of quaters? Small wood block? (I don't know shit about cosplay.)
>>
>>9437553
Awoo.
Yeah idk about the counterweight either. Maybe I can find a block of dense material like lead or a heavy metal but I feel like it would be difficult to secure with contact cement. Might just suck it up and take the sore wrist I'll surely have by holding it out. Though I'll likely carry it "up" with it resting on my shoulder and only hold it out for poses.
>>
>>9432289
Not bad, going as momo from den-o this year
>>
If you guys go the FB linked earlier someone posted up the the old google doc!
>>
This would be my first con and I'd be withing walking distance. Do people in the area normally just drive, or still get a room?
>>
>>9438868
Don't pay for a hotel when you don't need one.
>>
>>9438868
It honestly depends. Some people live near by but still get a hotel just because they want to drink without worrying about how they're supposed to get home.
>>
>>9435875
Don't forget that he runs a dating site
>>
Anyone got a hotel room to share?
>>
Got my hotel room already. Outside of the block. Good reason too, I can do what I want and con staff can't do anything since it's not under contract with them. Sure it was about $30 per night extra, but it comes with the peice of mind that if something happens, and let's say the hotel gets fed up with congoers, they can't dump me since I'm not part of their block.

That's what sucks, if you get it under the ACen block, they can cancel your stay, no refunds, and technically, no reason needed. The way it's been running, things are getting worse attendeewise, these kids are fuckups. I'm just waiting for the hotels to get sick of them.
>>
>>9440412
Hotels won't get sick of them. Gold mine of money for them. They know they'll always get weebs. Then again I dunno how retarded the kids are. How much damage they cause and how bad they wreck the rooms.

Retarded kids need to know not to slam alochol and drink lots of water.
>>
>>9440412
wtf are you talking about? none of that is true. do you know how much money they make during events like this? are you really that stupid?

the worst thing that could happen is some asshole pulling a fire alarm at the hyatt again and everyone having to leave their rooms for a few hours.
>>
after seeing how IRT doesn't give a fuck about harassment year after year im never going back. i tried, went for the last 3 years and every time its the same shit

guess im giving kopf my money. great.
>>
>>9431470

>anyone who mentions someone i don't like in anything but a purely negative context is a shill
>>
>>9434536
AMW doesn't have a board.

It has a fuhrer. Literally does not have any but one person in charge who owns the whole company
>>
>>9441289

That's not even remotely close to what I said. I'm so goddamn tired of every ACEN thread devolving into AMW bullshit. If you want to talk about how amazing all 30+ of Brandons panels are or how it's so cool that you're guaranteed to see the same 12 guests as last time, or how much you love under cooked rice then make your own goddamn thread. Fuck.

>>9441294
This is kinda untrue, but I get why people think that.

>reminder that the mascot for AnimeCon.org is fanart of Ryan
>>
>>9441337
lol

I havnt seen that brandon kid in like two years or the one that does dante and deadpool

what mascot? there con books and badges always have anime pics of staff and yeh ryans on there ofc the guy has a huge fucking ego

but nobody owns even 1% of that co that isnt ryan

theres department heads like any con but they have no real power lemme guess it was the fat black guy yelling at the hotel ur talking about

people who have to tell u there important arent
>>
>>9441514

Just last year he was doing his annual shitload of panels.

By mascot I mean the character that covers the entire homepage of the website, the program guide, the badges, etc.

Yes. "That fat black guy", who is much more of a nuisance to work under than Ryan. 80% of the complaints I've heard about Midwest's management come from him being a massive prick, but it's more meme-y to just blame Ryan for everything.
>>
File: 65765.png (63KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
65765.png
63KB, 245x245px
>1 month until Acen
THE GRIND IS VERY MUCH REAL
>>
>>9442494
NOTHING IS READY

>also schedule is apparently suppose to come out this weekend?
>>
>>9442499
>NOTHING IS READY
Glad I'm re-wearing old cosplays, but I still need to buy new wigs and contacts.
>>
>>9442501
I just ordered my wig (thank god I live 40 min away from Arda wigs so it should be here in a jiffy) and the DHL shipping says my Popuko cosplay should be here today.
I still need to get better tights for my Nozomi cosplay and some spanx to help with my lumpy flab.
>>
>>9442501
Lucky. I'm only rewearing one costume, the rest are new. I have so much I want to cosplay that I almost always wear new costumes to ACEN but then I end up finishing them at the last second. Rewearing old costumes is so much less stressful.
>mainly waiting on a secondhand wig and I gotta rework a top for my nico cosplay.
>excuse any grammar issues, keyboard is fuckin up.
>>9442514
Are you going to the Love Live meet up on Saturday, Anon?
>>
>>9442638
probably. I can't decide which days I should wear Nozomi and Popuko.
>>
>>9434522
Well...say goodbye to your badge, anon.
>>
When are the photoshoots? What is Knives doing?
>>
>>9433749
because the organizers are greedy fucks who embezzle all the money. No seriously, Acen probably makes millions of dollars but the fat fucking greedy pricks run it like it's some kind of non profit... they still rely on volunteer staff when they're making that shit ton of money which is ludicrous
>>
File: bf4_us_mp_engineer_cosplay_wip.jpg (1MB, 2971x1464px) Image search: [Google]
bf4_us_mp_engineer_cosplay_wip.jpg
1MB, 2971x1464px
Pic related: BF4 US Engineer cosplay that I'll be going as. Just need to order a few more bits and pieces and I'll be done! Doing XOF and BF4 US Assault for the other days.

>>9389772
I ran into you last year around the con and at the meetups. Was cool meeting one of the trips.

>>9399890
>>9416042
I'm staying at Motel 6 too for the first time. I booked a room at the Aloft last year with 3 other anons. Only 1 showed up.The rest decided to stop returning my messages the day of the con. To that one anon who offered up more than his fair share on the last day even when I didn't ask for it, you're based as hell.

>>9416382
>>9425464
I have to remember to get in line early this time. The trucks seemed really popular last year.

>>9422821
>>9423144
So many Awoos!! XDD

>>9417277
I think I still have one of the dinosaurs from the 2015 panel, but I haven't seen it since my cat got a hold of it.

>>9421079
Meetup was actually pretty fun last year. It was cool hearing what boards everyone used.

>>9431159
Why does this happen every time? It's been beaten to death! Every time I've seen Kopf, he was just quietly typing away on his laptop. He seems pretty normal to me.

>>9434536
>>9441514
>>9441938
That same black dude (It think it's Kaleb or K?) walked up to me out of the blue and threatened to have me kicked out of the con. I had left my hotel room and was on the floor for no more than 10 minutes when he walked up to me. He never identified himself the first time, but he said if he caught me again wearing my mask and having my prop gun out at the same time, he'd have me thrown out. I later approached him and asked for clarification on what I'd done. He said I didn't do anything but he figured it had to be said since the Dallas shootings happened a few days before. The irony was that 2 Army of Two cosplayers walked right by unabated as he said that . I filed a complaint and the other staff rolled their eyes when I gave his description and told me to ignore him.
>>
>>9442870

I remember your story from last year, Anon. Cade is a fucking prick.
>>
>>9442638
Oh thank God, I was worried the love live meetup was gonna be on the days I wasn't wearing Hanayo. Everything is better than expected
>>
>>9442870
Were you the black guy I met at the Hyatt (I think it was) at like 12? It was me, you, The normie and the 2 cute chicks we talked maybe an hour or 2.

We sat at a statue spiral type thing.
>>
>>9442785
I'd recommend going to the FB linked above until the official schedule is out (maybe this weekend.) Knives has been shitting the bed the entire time. >>9442946
Judging from the host tho, it might end up be cringy. The spot isn't that great either.
>>
>>9390270
Dont you have friends or people who want to go to acen and room?
>>
>>9443068
Well, hopefully it won't be as bad as the Jojo shoot was last year. I'm pretty sure it was Acen, but I couldn't be fucked to stay the entire time. The host had no idea what she was doing and honestly seemed kind of drunk, and the whole thing was a giant clusterfuck.
>>
Got my room, got my badge, got my costume, just had to change out one prop for one of my cosplays, and waiting on the hat for the other. Junior (RWBY), Jigen (Lupin III), and Vincent (Cowboy Bebop: KoHD). Why are there so few anime with guys with beards... I'm pretty much set minus food, drink, and booze.
>>
File: Elmo dying.gif (2MB, 231x365px) Image search: [Google]
Elmo dying.gif
2MB, 231x365px
So did Anime Hell stop playing Rejected and their usuals?
Two years ago I thought it was because the fire alarm, last year they didn't play any of it during their full show.
>>
>>9443092
This was from previous years. Said friends usually already have room plans and are stuffed with 3-4 other people. I'd split the fair in half, making it more expensive to be with me, so price wise they're better off elsewhere.

I have roomed with others for other cons and quite frankly I like having space and unlimited shower time to myself.
>>
>>9443027
Oh yeah dude, that was definitely me. Was a good time chatting with you all. I hope we can get another one going this time.
>>
>>9443098
I know who she is, super nice girl but yeah pretty sure she was drunk or something when running it.

Also she appears in charge of both Friday and Saturday this year (or at least I am assuming since she created the event for it on FB awhile back) so unfortunately you're out of luck if you were planning to attend.
>>
>>9440847
>>9440519
Literally this
>>
I love ACen, but I'm really disappointed in them this year. It seems like they didn't put any effort into getting a great guest lineup for their 20th year, and that's just fucking sad. My area of choice is musical guests and I'm not in the least bit excited. I feel May'n would have been a much bigger deal years ago when Macross F was first coming out and I had to look up who the hell Imeruat was.
>>
>>9445880

Maybe you're just getting old, anon.
>>
>>9446000
Maybe. I started going in 2012 (had to skip 2014 due to financial reasons) and I haven't been disappointed with their pick before. I do prefer when they have bands though. Scandal was great when they had them a couple years ago.
>>
>>9445880
I feel the same way. I've been attending since 09 and I really liked when LM.C, FLOW, Scandal, and Aural Vampire came. I've gone to other cons just for their music guests, so it feels like ACEN could do better. This year as far as announced guests there's no one I'm interested in just yet so I hope they're holding on to a big announcement still (even if it's unlikely).
>>
Got my badge in the mail last week and my lineup figured out. I'm cosplaying Flandre from Touhou, Ghirahim from TLOZ and Hisoka from hxh (Hunter election arc outfit). I'm trying to figure out a good cosplay to wear at night if I get tired of my costume but so far I'm drawing a blank. Maybe I'll bring Sal (watgbs).
>>
>>9439425
bumperino.
>>
Oh no.
>>
>>9446866
??? Where did you find the schedule, Anon?
>>
>>9446883
different anon but http://www.acen.org/programming/panel-programming/panel-descriptions/
>>
>>9446887
Thanks anon! It must not have fully loaded when I looked the first time around.
>>
>>9446866
With games like Dramatical Murder as popular as it is?
>>
>>9446866
Every time I come across one of those panels, I snicker a bit and just keep on walking.
>>
>>9446887
Do they have it out on the Guidebook App yet?
>>
>>9446866
rad fem perspective: all porn is bad
sex-neg fem perspective: sex is not inherently good or bad and it's the factors surrounding it that determine whether it is healthy
lib fem perspective: anything that makes you happy is fine

there you go, i did the panel
>>
I'm planning to go
>>
>>9446866
Panel about why panels like this need to be banned when?
>>
>>9446866
>>9446939
>>9447267
>>9447290
>>9447290
Go 4 the sick memes.
>>
>>9392241
Slit your throat faggot.
>>
File: 1492437618590.gif (2MB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1492437618590.gif
2MB, 230x230px
>>9446866
>Yaoi and its relation the rape culture
I thought men can't be raped?
>>
>>9446866

Must be a real shortage of people who want to run panels for this retarded faggotry to get through
>>
File: 1491532848154.jpg (83KB, 590x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491532848154.jpg
83KB, 590x550px
>>9446866
>meaningful dialogue
>>
File: 1492226959956.png (298KB, 340x680px) Image search: [Google]
1492226959956.png
298KB, 340x680px
>>9447909
I wanted to make a fanfiction panel, but I wanted to wait until I was an actual published author for credit. Guess I should have went ahead anyway.

>mfw if rejected over this
>>
>>9447999
There's already like two fanfiction panels anyways. Hell, there's too many panels in general.
They have FOUR (4) JoJo panels that all sound like the same thing.
>>
>>9448019
>4+ YoI panels.
>3 YoI meet ups
o k a y
>>
I was thinking of a drinking game panel. Friend and I drink to a set of shows each season. We have drinks we male up for that series and general drinks (birds, ohhohoho laughs, best girls)

Could maybe be a decent one.
>>
So does it only count as cosplay if you make it yourself? Is it frowned upon to purchase parts of the costume? Is there some sort of unspoken rule about this sort of thing?
>>
>>9448160
>So does it only count as cosplay if you make it yourself?
Only on /cgl/
>Is it frowned upon to purchase parts of the costume?
See Japanese cosplay. Only the saltiest of gulls will say anything and unless you're entering a competition, it doesn't matter.
>Is there some sort of unspoken rule about this sort of thing?
Stop letting gulls dissuade you from fun.
>>
>>9448160
The only unspoken rule that matters is "Have Fun".
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-25-01-35-53.png (239KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25-01-35-53.png
239KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>9410908
I mean if you're cosplaying osomatsu or ichimatsu maybe it's okay in a shitty way
>>
Ive yet to finish all my cosplays. The only one 100% done is lucy. Not only that but i also have 2 commissions to finish up :')
>>
>>9448359
Some memes just write themselves
>>
File: skink 1.jpg (41KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
skink 1.jpg
41KB, 1024x677px
>>9446887
>alphabetizing "the"
>>
>>9448359

>mfw my panel got rejected but obvious troll-bait like this and the "Chicago Anime Community" panel got in

What the fuck, man?
>>
>>9448019
One of the Jojo panels is a beauty pageant though so its gonna be more audience fucking around

The one on Sunday has been running 3 years in a row
>>
>>9448160
No, no and no. Nobody cares as long as you DO NOT enter it into any contests or claim that you made it.
>>
Do any gulls know good photographers that go to Acen? I've never gotten a photoshoot done before but I'm kinda considering it this year because I want some good photos of my cosplay for once
>>
File: 04-13-17_12-16-14 PM.png (624KB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
04-13-17_12-16-14 PM.png
624KB, 1366x705px
>download behind 2 adfly links
>the second one isn't even adfly and is some shit that never loads
uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggGGGGGGGGGGGgHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9450147
oh my god wrong thread my bad
>>
>>9448359

I dunno, I think this panel at least has a purpose. Autism actually exists. Feminists being solipsistic dipshits about porn fetishizing 'gay men' is the REAL cringe
>>
>>9448359

Don't get the shitting on this one beyond the obvious memebait. Anything that helps the autists that absolutely exist within the anime community means fewer people being unhappy and making others unhappy.
>>
Knives, what the fuck did you do!!
>>
>>9450081
Vontography is pretty good. Never shot with him but i love his pictures
>>
>>9450417
His stuff does look pretty good, I'm a little unsure though because I can't find his convention pricing and one of the requirements to try and get a session with him is having a cosplay page...which I don't have
>>
Both panel and photoshoot schedules are out, gulls.
>>
Oh shit son, I have not sewn in years but I need to do something this year. Any recommendations for someone getting back in the game? Anyone want to chill from the Midwest?
>>
File: 1448420260138.png (138KB, 522x590px) Image search: [Google]
1448420260138.png
138KB, 522x590px
>>9451551
>Anyone want to chill from the Midwest?
Not when you sound like you're from okcupid
>>
>>9451112
His shoots are free, he just has you submit a questionnaire sheet and he'll pick who he wants to shoot with from that. You might be okay without a page, I think I remember it saying it was helpful but not an absolute requirement.

He just posted his submission form online so it's worth a shot at least
>>
>>9451574
Oh sorry, not like that at all. Mostly looking for pals/ networking
>>
Is there only one microwave at the Hyatt O'hare? I was thinking of buying a shitload of Chinese food and sandwiches for the entire weekend.
>>
>>9448359
You know this has potential to not be a cringe fest if it's about things like accepting your autism, how to not let it get in the way of your life, and reliable characters who have succeeded.
The feminist yaoi panel on the other hand will be a great laugh no matter what.
>>
>>9451490
Were they fixed?
>>
>>9451684
I think there's one on most levels and in some hotel rooms
>>
>>9451684
>>9452599
I've stayed at the Hyatt O'Hare twice and I don't ever recall seeing one in my room. There might be one in the hotel's food commissary by the entrance.
>>
>>9451684
a year or two ago they had them on alternating floors by the stairwells/ice machines, as well as one downstairs by perks
>>
>There's a Eurobeat panel
>But it's more focused on Para-Para instead of the actual music
fuq
>>
>>9452582
Meet up schedule ended up even more fuckity. Some meet ups are missing, others are the wrong times, etc.
>>
File: R-811197-1163097162.png.jpg (19KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-811197-1163097162.png.jpg
19KB, 297x300px
>>9453059
>But it's more focused on Para-Para
>thinking this is a problem
Though, why not just make a Para Para panel? It even has a nice ring.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.