[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiwi Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 8

Con "season" is kind of upon us. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on Christchurch Armageddon, particularly with the new judges.
>>
No opinion on chch.

But I just realised Tauranga geddon is almost in winter.... What were they thinking.....
>>
>>9387515
*Judge
>>
Got lazy, ran out of time to finish costume, hoping like fuck that no one that I'd have to see regularly turned up and saw me looking so shit :/
>>
It's interesting how hype people are about Tauranga. I think the contest there will be crazy
>>
>>9394392
really?
i just moved up to Tauranga from Palmerston north didn't think it would be that big im really exited!
>>
Not naming names but a certain overly large cosplayer has been editing photos lately. If you want a laugh at how NOT to edit. Go have a look
>>
>>9396921
Your vendetta is showing.
>>
>>9396921
Why dont people just name this shit, honestly.
>>
>>9396921
That's not very nice. Instead of showing your vendetta why not just post constructive criticism in the hope that they might read it here.
>>
>>9396933
>>9397262
Why is it vendetta if some fatass posts awfully shopped photos. This is 4chan not tumblr
>>
>>9394660
you're right it won't be.

It'll be mostly normies, kids and parents of said kids. Tauranga has some really skewed demographics. That doesn't mean it will be bad but expect a lot of creepy old people, kids who have no social filter and not very many "young" people
>>
>>9397439
You seem like a fucking joy to be around.
>>
>>9397439
it still amazes me how people think that being on 4chan automatically means you have to be some edgy offensive fucker
it's an just an anonymous forum despite what you twelvies make it out to be
>>
>>9396921
What's the matter L? Run out of people to whine about your vendetta to?
>>
>>9396921
Who cares? I bet you are one of those people who only post blurred to fuck beauty app selfies
>>
>>9398143
She bitches about everyone to everyone, not even her friends are safe, so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>9394392
who's even entering?
>>
>>9398313
I've only seen Kealy and Lucy say they are entering, and both costumes look fairly basic. Not sure how the competition will be extreme unless there is others with huge costumes.
>>
>>9387563
>>9387515
Anyone heard through the grapevine what new judge is like? Looked like the costumes that placed were a good pick
>>
>>9397441
Ummmm there's already creepy old people in this community....
>>
>>9402420
I heard one-Legged batman is entering a foam build
>>
>>9404724
Yo, have a little more respect than that.
>>
>>9404829
I take it you don't know him very well yet
>>
>>9404835
No, I don't. But even if he is a complete dick there's no excuse good enough to refer to them in that way.
>>
>>9404841
So complete dick is somehow better?
>>
>>9404842
Implying 'Complete dick' based on your tone versus you referring to someone by a feature they are unhappy and insecure about. I personally don't know them, but I have seen them posting quite a lot previously. You may not like them, but don't pick at them like that. It's nasty as fuck.
>>
>>9404846
I'm just not a victim of his manipulations. He's not insecure about it all until it works for him. I know him well enough to know that. As for being nasty af.....and?
>>
>>9404847

>>9397457
>>
>>9404854
To be honest I didn't think it was all that bad. To be even more honest he got that way because he wasn't listening to what his friends were asking him to have checked out. It isn't a sad story
>>
>>9404869
m8 I for one (and probably others from the lack of replies) have no idea who you're talking about, so you just sound like a rambling madman. Take this vendetta somewhere else.
>>
>>9404724
Why doesn't he cosplay junk rat? Own it!
>>
Why does Joseph always talk about things he doesn't understand then act surprised when he gets called out?
>>
>>9405536
Is he special needs?
>>
>>9405235
touchy bunch in here heh

>>9405357
I actually know the dude a little, he comes off and having dealt with it fine I thought

>>okay so talking smack about Joseph is always fine though is it (cause he constantly gets a mention here doesn't he)

**you're nowhere near as sugar and spice as you think you are cnz**
>>
I don't follow cnz
>>
>>9405755
Moving on

So the new judge (who we obviously knew, knows her stuff) seems to have judged fairly - construction based as us usually the case
>>
>>9405989
DESU all the judges have been fair
>>
>>9406015
Oh I definitely didn't mean to say they haven't. There was a few murmurs about whether she could fairly judge cosplays outside of sewing based though i.e. foam etc. Given the orc win that's obviously not a problem
>>
>>9406054
its not like Dunedin had a massive selection to pick from anyway.
I'm more interested to see how armour builds hold up in a bigger scale contest with more complex sewing
>>
>>9397441
that fucking sucks
at least ill be by myself gfs not coming so makes life a bit easier
how old is young people tho im 20 and a few of my mates coming are in that bracket (20-23)
>>
>>9397441
I'm sorry how exactly is that different from Auckland Armageddon actually lol
>>
Are the international cosplay guests judging too?
>>
>>9411040
I'd be happiest if they didn't judge the contest overall, but got a judge's choice award instead?
>>
File: 1464671115122.jpg (84KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464671115122.jpg
84KB, 736x960px
Could you guys go back to witch hunting so I can have a good laugh?
>>
Heard Captain Jack got arrested in Tauranga a little while back. Drunk and Disorderly......so surprised. Made the papers though heh
>>
>>9417879
Follow that dream Captain (and never come back)
>>
File: IMG_6904.jpg (110KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6904.jpg
110KB, 720x720px
I'm really enjoying seeing all the WIPs for Wellington and Tauranga this year
>>
The wips make me so excited to see people's finished coslays at the events
>>
>>9420178
I feel like cosplay at the moment is 90% variation designs on disney/sailor moon zzzzzz
>>
Does New Zealand have any Patreon sluts?
>>
>>9427292
Always will be lol
>>
>>9429695
On a lighter note do we have anyone who could be?
>>
>>9429950
I could see L and M trying it
>>
>>9429956
For the low cost of $15/month, you will get M's lingerie shoot pictures, and L will passive-aggressively harass a cosplayer of your choice.
>>
I'm in love with the furries at Wellington Armageddon
Where are they hiding 362 days of the year?
>>
>>9429966
We already get all this for free, but I suppose that's how some patreons work anyway
>>
>>9429956
it's extra funny because they're actually broke
>>
>>9430218
Why aren't they working then?
>>
>>9430527
They work from home
>>
>>9430646
Doing what?
>>
I'm not sure why people don't just actually use their names. I was just sitting here wondering who the hell L and M were for like twenty minutes.
>>
File: L-and-mello-l-24779719-400-413.jpg (46KB, 400x413px) Image search: [Google]
L-and-mello-l-24779719-400-413.jpg
46KB, 400x413px
>>
>>9430704
Their relationship isn't exactly exclusive.
>>
>>9430972

Guys lets stop this now. Bitching about them is one thing but this going a bit too far. You've had your say now you should just stop okay I for one don't condone bitching on here and you should all just try to talk it out or not involve yourself with them. Love you all xx
>>
I'm hardly a fan either but this is not really cosplay related guys...
What does everyone think about the cosplay guests for tauranga and welly? I'm sad they don't seem to have panels planned
>>
File: 335.jpg (61KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
335.jpg
61KB, 448x473px
>>9431037
>>
>>9431068
It is cosplay related when they're selling their costumes secondhand and there's a chance they've used them as part of their work uniform
>>
>>9431282
They're so overpriced baka, $120 for a ball dress you can get new for the same price, when it's dirty and they're still gonna wear it again before selling
>>
I'm sensing bs here. The longer you bitch the more it gets boring. Anyway, What's the Tauranga cos com like, I'm heading to geddon and don't know many people that way
>>
>>9431328
non-existent
And if it did exist most people would loathe one another.

Welcome to New Zealand.
>>
Great it'll be another Hamilgeddon. At least that was central though
>>
>>9431343
Go look at the people posting in the facebook page. Its pretty much as expected. There is only really one famous person worth seeing but i'm not stupid enough to pay for some ink on a piece of paper so beyond a single panel the only other point in going would be to meet people/hang out/ buy shit but who knows what vendors are going to turn up.

But then again i'm a cynic who has never lived in any of the "major" cities in New Zealand and thus have had my expectations crushed every time i try to do things. I don't expect this to change my mind though.
>>
Since when was armageddon ever good as a con though...
I suppose it is about meeting people and hanging out but I'm not sensing a good vibe just from how people are behaving here. Cosplay is what it is I guess.
A shame this con wasn't in summer. I was keen on those beach photoshoots
>>
Sort of on the fence with taugeddon, looking forward to seeing northern friends and wearing new cosplays but I feel like the actual con has nothing going for it
I wish they'd have a more central isand con instead like palmy or Napier or new Plymouth. Napier would be such a nice place for a con
>>
Damn Palmy or Napier would be so nice. Tauranga has been so expensive in terms of accommodation for us. Mini Auckland at its finest
>>
>>9431352

Armageddon is literally all most people in New Zealand have.
What you think that a nation the size of new Zealand can support anything of value. Never has, probably never will.

>>9431369
Tauranga is a nice place with nice weather. But it has the same problem nelson, napier/hastings, palmy, whangarei and invercargill and even Dunedin, Not. Enough. People. Armageddon is about as broad as a con can be in the first place. So finding people and an experience you'll actually enjoy is already incredibly hard. Are the people there because they are cool nerdy types who like shitty weeb stuff, or are they there because, muh wrestling. God only knows. It has the be broad to attract enough people to make it financially viable but that also makes it more likely to suck as a result of the exact same reason.
>>
>>9431369
>>9431389
Palmy is probably a better place than Napier. Does Napier even have a place big enough to host geddon?
>>
Yeah can't remember what the stadium is called but there's a pretty big one that they usually use for like house and garden expo etc
>>
Mclean park. Sort of welly cake tin type deal cos it's actually a park but the indoor area is enough for a napier sized expo
>>
>>9430823
You should share names for the rest of us non involved plebs
>>
>>9431391
as someone who has just moved from palmy i dont think it would be best the fmg stadium is in a shit area and public transport is sort of shit aswell
i grew up in palmy its too 'small' of a city to even want that kind of shit there (i may be wrong though)
>>
I suppose we'll never know which city would be able to hold a successful geddon until it's done. I mean they thought Manukau would be successful but that was a flop (thank god)
>>
>>9431721
Is there actually even a need. If you don't know who they're referring to (and it's pretty fucking obvious) then it wouldn't even matter if you knew their names anyway
>>
>>9431941
I always think it's quite funny how cosplayers (and only cosplayers) always bag Geddon and Bill for a crap event but show up to virtually every one of them (to the point of even going to the other island Geddons)...crazy lol. Cosplayers for you though right!
>>
>>9431328
>What's the Tauranga cos com like
All I know is the DeWilds, Courtney and Chonny are from Tauranga, which leads me to believe they're incredibly skilled but friendly and willing to help if you ask.
>>
>>9433314
Ever the positive one huh lol

How is it you aren't at work today anyway (where you are most days lol)
>>
>>9433391
>>9433391
It's easter, most people aren't working, or alternatively just because someone is at work doesn't mean they can't be posting on the Internet.
>>
>>9433314
>Chonny
>friendly
Her and her squad come off as hard to approach and elitist.
>>
>>9433422
You definitely aren't who I thought you were
>>
>>9433429
Which quite likely saves her and them the drama of the usual pack
>>
>>9433429
If you put someone on a pedestal they're gonna have no choice but to look down on ya, bud.
>>
>>9433482
I see not much has changed in here then lol. Still as spritely as ever ae lol.
>>
>>9433429
>come off as hard to approach and elitist
Have you ever actually bothered to approach these people because or are you just describing a general feeling of unfriendliness you get from looking at them? Because it seems like the latter.

Also noone is entitled to any cosplayer's time just because they've been around for a while or are well known.
>>
When you're only the only ones defending yourselves for unfriendly behaviour that's got to say something lol
>>
Can someone tell me who chonny is? I only really know a lot of people from their cos name
>>
There should be an annual or even seasonal cosplay convention at the Wellington Botanical Gardens.
>>
Theres a Christmas one that howe red and lily host? I know it didn't happen last year but they said they were going to this year, I really hope they do that was defs my fav picnic that I've ever been to. There's so many picnics atm though I'm not sure seasonal is required haha
>>
>>9436421
I think that was a summer one. Lilly organized the Christmas ones but has since moved away. There are a lot of very casual picnics at the moment, would be nice to see a more planned out one in the future.
>>
>>9433905
Pi Cosplay - the group she did won the skit award last year didn't they?
>>
>>9436604
I think they won best group? Someone else won the skit award.
>>
>>9436432
Ahh okay. I know gigahorse is planning a shindig in the future. I agree though, would be nice to have a more in advance picnic maybe then we'd get more people that the usual spontaneous crowd. Would be nice to have our own version of acp, maybe without the drama queens using it as leverage for how "nice" they are
>>
>>9437186
Drama queens?
>>
>>9437291

tldr the acp organisers caused a lot of trouble at auckgeddon last year and made a big post about how the community is toxic while people were calling them out for being "drama whores"
>>
>>9437587
I used to be facebook friends with them and they made a post about not holding ACP anymore as people weren't grateful enough for it. Which is a shame as it was a good event.
>>
>>9437587
Am pretty sure there's more than just them causing that dude. There's a fair few drama queens in the community, it's only the degree of that varies
>>
>>9437741
No one's saying there isn't heaps of dramas queens. Anon was just explaining what happened in this instance.
>>
I really do miss ACP, but I don't really get why you need gratitude from everyone for an event you host. Kinda sounds like they went in it just to be thanked. Then again I've never organised so much as a cosplay lunch so I can't really talk. Last I heard from them was the announcement of a Facebook cull of their friends and that was that. I actually considered us on relatively good terms before that.

I've heard Chonny /Pi is lovely - their little crowd is wonderfully talented, they just keep to themselves which is totally understandable.

I've got a couple of things to do for Tauranga but for me it will just be a catch up with friends and an attempt to avoid a few people I think I've managed to offend, though I'm hardly active in the community. Such is (cos) life.
>>
As far as I heard it they stopped doing it because they weren't prioritising organizing a picnic because of life things(geez my grammar). Not sure though. I only hear bits and pieces from other people. It's hard to know without actually talking to them directly so it's best not to make assumptions. Nonetheless I'm missing the well organized picnics. There's a pretty good one run by a Hamilton cosplayer but I'm not sure if that's a regular event.
>>
>>9437841
I saw their post personally and it was pretty much what >>9437587 has said. It was quite aggressive And unnessicary.
>>
>>9437841
They got called out for stuff at auckgeddon, then decided why organize something for the community
>>
>>9437841
Seconding >>9437587 as I've also seen it. But whether it was aggressive or unnecessary is debatable. The thread "calling them out" was pretty savage and maybe it was a shock to find out that so many people were eager to bitch about them. It's understandable that they didn't want to do things for the community after that.

Still, it is a weird attitude and I wish they'd passed the baton on to someone else to organise at least. Reminds me of someone who said they were quitting cosplay photography anymore because a few people didn't credit them properly...
>>
>>9437908
Who was the one quitting photography?
>>
Except said photographer never put hard work and dedication into what they were doing. Honestly I never knew she even considered herself such until I saw her post hah...

ACP was actually a good event. I miss it and it was honestly a great event to just chill out and get involved in the community. I feel sad for them more than anything. It must be hard doing something you enjoy and then finding a whole lot of people are very against you. I only know them in passing though but always found them somewhat pleasant. There are definitely people higher on my avoid list that's for sure. This sounds like new gen cosplay drama which is usual and it tends to move on quickly
>>
>>9437908
I'm not sure what thread was calling them out, I must have missed it, but to be fair their behaviour towards others isn't very good and I feel like they should be taking responsibility instead of making angry Facebook statuses. If you are going to dish it out then you have to be able to handle getting treated similarly.
>>
>>
>>9437930
Lol I wouldn't say it's 'with popcorn' entertaining but it's definitely more colourful than CNZ lol
>>
>>9437908
There was a thread calling them out? That's pretty rough... I'm glad I didn't see it, really. Public forum etc. Sounds like something the mods would get rid of right away.
>>
>>9438452
The thread was on here, not CNZ if that's what you're thinking. And the janitors and mods here only clean up drama sporadically or when it's very off topic.
>>
>>9438456
Ah that makes more sense
>>
So what were they getting called out for? You don't get called out for nothing, that just doesn't add up.
>>
>>9438582
Being mean/bitchy/harrassing people. Nothing new. There were some comments that stepped over the line, but from what I heard they are pretty brutal to people themselves so I'm not sure if I can sympathise with them.
>>
There was also a post on fb calling them out for the fact that they often change their plans to the same as cosers they don't like to try and show them up
>>
>>9438744
I've heard from friends that they boast about it too. It's a shame because they're good cosplayers but it's all about intention. I feel like some good craft work would happen if they focussed on costumes they liked over trying to show up people they don't like
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492250854864.jpg (33KB, 552x531px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492250854864.jpg
33KB, 552x531px
Does anyone use this thread for anything else besides bitching about people they've probably only said two sentences to in their lives? I'm getting bored.
>>
>>9438822
Nope, and it sounds like these people know more than you think too.
>>
Does anyone know who is entering the competitions at Wellington and Tauranga? I haven't seen much so I'm curious about it.
>>
>>9438744
I still can't figure out who these people are but that's just pathetic.
>>
What they may or may not have done sounds pretty shit but all of you sitting at home bitching on an anonymous forum is not much better. Go make a cosplay or something
>>
>>9438935
I'm also interested in knowing who's entering which competitions and if it will be any good
>>
im still really exited
this may sound fucking looserish but ive just moved to tauranga a few months ago and it would be nice if i could maybe meet some of you guys
im brand new to cosplay and i want to get a feel for it but probably a long reach finding friends over the internet lmao
>>
>>9440465
you are adorable anon and I'm sure you'll make friends at the con! You should check out cosplay new zealand on facebook if you want a better feel for the community.
>>
>>9440465
Tbh I feel like most of my cos friends are from the internet, like I feel like talking online and then seeing them in person is so much easier than just randomly going up to someone like hi your cos is cool be my friend. Idk I'm awkward tho
>>
>>9440524
yeah thats a really good point
>>9440509
idk im worried ill be out of place, excuse my assumption im worried that most of you guys are girls lmao and im a 20yr old male engineer non of my work mates understand the stuff im into and ive got no mates here yet, im sure it will all come right but yeah
>>
>>9440524
Everyone is awkward, some people just hide it better than others.
Hell I'm super awkward when talking to people as have diagnosed anxiety yet people still think I "look too confident to talk to"
Nothing is what it seems nobody is easy to define everyone is interesting in their own way.
>>
>>9444028
is there going to be a meet up??
>>
>>9444076
if you mean a specific /cgl/ one, no.

If you mean a general, people talking one. Well that's basically a whole con. Just talk to people and be open to talk to people as well. That's the best advice i can give you. It hasn't served me well but maybe you'll have a different experience.
>>
>>9446537
i can not image anything worse than having to go up to people i don't know and try to make conversation
>>
>>9447082
If they're in cosplay, it's easy.

Step one: compliment their costume
Step two: ask them 1-2 questions about their costume

If they ask you questions back then keep talking to them because it means they want to chat. If they don't, tell them "it was great to meet you, have an awesome weekend", and move on.
>>
>>9447095
Considering how much anxiety there is in cosplayers it's probably not so easy for a lot of new cosplayers but I like your suggestion. Really it's the only way to get to know more of the community.

Tbh though with the way some of this thread reads you might want to tread lightly. Clearly the bitchy side shown on HoC was fairly spot on.
>>
>>9447139
bitchy side. Oh friend you have no idea

I am literally terrified of cosplaying because i know for a certainty that someone who took great joy in teasing and torturing me socially as a teenager is one generally lauded as a cornerstone of the New Zealand cosplay community.
Would she still taunt me, fuck if i know but i don't want to find out.
>>
>>9447148
Isn't that what the Cosplay Safe Haven group is for. Like to stop that sort of thing.
>>
>>9447223
Never heard of it
>>
>>9447139
Yeah, I was writing as someone who has anxiety issues. It's the formula I've taught myself to make cons manageable, because otherwise I have no idea how to start conversations with strangers.

As for the toxicity in this thread, it's indicative of the community as a whole. There are nasty people in every part of life. Don't let a small vocal minority here put you off.
>>
>>9447644
It's NOT indicative damnit. What a place to typo.
>>
>>9447677
I've only had a few encounters with them and luckily never saw that side of them (first person to use their name BTW) so hearing all this was news to me. You wouldn't think so to look at them though, they don't scream threatening just to look at them if you know what I mean lol
>>
>>9448058
People have used the names of other people in this thread so I figured it's not a big deal, not sure why people are just using L and M like that to being with.
Anyway, people can be very good at trying to leave a good impression esp since they're trying to be popular but it doesn't mean they are like that the other 99% of the time. They seem like the type of people to keep at arms length.
>>
>>9448120
Had no idea
>>
>>9438935
I saw that Eveychu is entering but I'm not sure who else. Curious bout it though
>>
>>9448153
De Wilde Cosplay are as well aren't they? Surely Emma Simo would be as well (or is she competing at Welly). Laura would be too (be crazy if she didn't)
>>
>>9448293
I don't think the dewilds are and Laura's Arwen is for Wellington Armageddon. Not sure about Emma.
>>
>>9448293
I think Emma is entering her charmander for Tauranga. Casey and Maylee are entering as well.

speaking of the de wildes does anyone know what their dragon is for? Future comp? Or are they just making it because who doesn't want a giant dragon in their house.
>>
Anyone going to that autumn picnic? I'm intrigued that it has no scheduled activities so it seems to be for socializing. On the other hand none of my close cosplay friends are going so I'm worried noone will talk to me.
>>
>>9453436
autumn picnic?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.