[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Florida Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 10

File: (PNG Image, 314 × 160 pixels).png (5KB, 314x160px) Image search: [Google]
(PNG Image, 314 × 160 pixels).png
5KB, 314x160px
Looks like the last one got 404d/reported/deleted, so here's another. Omni Expo and the Super Toy Show are going on right now. How are they?
>>
It's because people were idiots posting their own vendettas and breaking the board rules.
"Singling people out maliciously is not tolerated and will result in a ban."
It's right on the front page.
>>
Probably all the Travis dramu
>>
Requisite Performance Plug:
9 PM tonight at Omni Expo in Panel A for any fans of Magic The Gathering and/or sick punk jams.

I won't be able to stay Sunday since I'm saving up for PAX East, but I'm down to hang.
>>
How's omni? Looks really tiny this year
>>
>>9377788
Wish I could make it. Good luck man
>>
>>9377907
I'm honestly surprised to say it's better than last year. The new hotel definitely helped because getting food and hanging out
>>
>>9378163
Well its literally a part of the FL Mall so you've got tons of options.
>>
Who won the costume contest?
>>
>>9378370
An original design, it looked kind of kimono-like to me.

Imo it was kinda meh imo, but some of the other winners (of categories, like beat prop, best video game etc) were good.
>>
>>9378244
Great. My favorite area to pick up prostitutes.
>>
>>9377907
Small con advertised on their website as a small con. Imagine that!

Doesn't have to be big to be good. Mega is overcrowded and overpriced. We're having a blast with our group at Omni! Everyone's been super nice and the panels have been pretty cool.
>>
>>9378909
>Small don advertised on their website as small con. Imagine that!
Take your sarcasm elsewhere. No ones saying it has to be big to be good. And literally no one is talking about mega apart from you.

Omnisn attendance does look smaller from a media standpoint this year. I'm sure anon was wondering if it was dead or not based on that.
>>
>>9378949
Omni's*
>>
>>9378949
Thank you anon! I've never been to omni so I've been looking on insta and facebook and couldn't find a lot of pictures and most I saw looked like the con in the background wasn't very active. I didnt know if people were at infinity instead.
>>
>>9378949
>Take your sarcasm elsewhere.

Like that'll ever happen on 4chan,

Omni announced 2018 in the same hotel during closing ceremonies. Guess that answers the question about it being dead or not.
>>
>>9379774
Wtf no they didnt. One of guest said they hoped that for 2018 it stayed at that hotel and the owner said let's just finish with 2017 first. No one said for sure it's there or about 2018
>>
>>9379823
You should have been sitting closer to the stage so you could hear what wasn't being said into the microphones.
>>
>>9379836
Im fairly sure your>>9378909 as well. Why are you so defensive of omni. Like holy shit

Anyways Omni was fun. New location worked much better than the last
>>
>>9379855
I had fun at Omni and will go again.Sushi place was the best!
>>
>>9378553
Photos?
>>
>>9379836
Bro unless you were one of the staff or volunteers at the table trust you weren't closer than I was. They didn't confirm 2018, it would be cool if they have it because I did like this year and I even had gotten a VIP ticket so definitely would get it again next
>>
Dick booty ass
>>
File: 1480962683457.png (595KB, 871x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1480962683457.png
595KB, 871x1103px
I can only afford to travel for one big con this year, which one would you choose?
I asked in the last thread but it 404'd before i could check for responses uwu
>>
>>9380783
For in Florida, Matsuri without a doubt
>>
>>9380783
>>9380959
Afo is breddy gud too if you can't make it in December for Holiday Matsuri
>>
EliteCon is next Sunday in Tampa.

They have banned ALL cosplay from their event.

As you may guess, this is not going over well with some people...
>>
>>9381916
Well, their entitled to their bad opinion.
>>
>>9381986
They're* I'm drunk
>>
>>9381916
It seems like they're more of a collector's con or toy show than a regular comic convention. Still that's a very odd rule and bad publicity for such a young event.
>>
>>9381916

It looks like a con to buy and sell crap at. So ehh not a big deal unless you're really short on events to cosplay at lol
>>
Whats next thats worth going to?
>>
>>9377746
No ones going to talk about the massive shitstorm on Travis Scotta? However you spell his name.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-29-22.png (147KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-29-22.png
147KB, 540x960px
>>9383290
There was a petition against him bring at Florida cons. Heres the latest update from the creator.
>>
>>9383290
Eh...more people seem to hate him for is shitty pics then his acts.
>>
>>9383290
The old thread got deleted because it shit stormed out of control with the drama about him.
>>
>>9383601
RIP this thread
>>
>>9383601
Shit didn't storm out of control, we were just literally addressing a situation that has been the biggest topic of conversation for the South Florida community for the past few weeks. It's not even a personal vendetta or anything if he made an apology video in which he confessed that he actually did those things.
>>
How is Florida Anime Experience?

Was it worth going to this year? I was thinking of stopping by tomorrow.
>>
>>9386991
Take a shit on your floor. Roll around in it. Wonder why you just did that. Promise yourself never to do it again.

Welcome to FAilE
>>
>>9388265
Lol
>>
File: depressed-mike.jpg (2KB, 125x109px) Image search: [Google]
depressed-mike.jpg
2KB, 125x109px
>>9388265
Yeah, so I actually went on Sunday around 11am/12pm to check it out...

Very boring so I left after 2 hours.
>>
>>9388265
Yeah it was pretty bad, there really wasn't much to do at night and most of the panels were like Q&A so that was boring as fuck. This Con just gets worse every year and it's kind of in a shitty location
>>
Would it be weird to go to a con by myself? I don't cosplay or anything, but I enjoy anime/video games. My friends/coworkers are not into it whatsoever so I only have myself to enjoy it with. I live in SWFL so i'm looking at places to go on my downtime.
>>
>>9392013
If you go to a big con it's not weird at all. A small one might be a little awkward because you might get bored easily, especially if there's no programming or other stuff going on that you're interested in.
>>
>>9392111

Thank you. Any tips for going alone?
>>
File: Versatile_700x280.png (147KB, 700x280px) Image search: [Google]
Versatile_700x280.png
147KB, 700x280px
Anyone going to the Hatsume fair at the Morikami in early April? I will be there with my newest gundam suit both days to take photos with guests.
>>
>>9392937
Oh surprise another gundam suit
>>
>>9392135
Don't be weird seem chill and conversational. You'll be fine and will meet a lot of people!
>>
Is anyone else going to Maloogacon for the $2k costume contest prize? I'm kind of interested in it since it's new and has vidya games even though I won't be cosplaying. It's only a 2 day con so i'm sure the ticket prices are low.
>>
>>9395300
I thought it was 2k worth of prizes not 2k for first place. Seems weird a first time con would give that much out
>>
>>9394827
No lie that hurt my soul. Bravo sir.
>>
>>9395577
No lie, you're good at what you do.

Still, if you want to branch out, I feel like you could make one of the large armors/robots from Overwatch and do it justice.
>>
>>9396954
I mean, if making Gundam suits is what he enjoys, then he should keep on doing that. Cosplay is for fun, first and foremost.

Anyways, anyone know any good online FL con/cosplay groups I could join? I only go to 2 or so cons a year, so I feel pretty disconnected from the community at times. The Facebook groups I've found are mostly just people advertising or looking for a commissioner or something lol. Was hoping to find an active community where people discuss local cons and cosplay.
>>
>>9395300
30/day, 50 for both
>>
>>9397637
Not bad compared to the other events using the convention hall.
>>
>>9396974
Theyre not exactly permanent, but you could try con event pages in the months leading up to the con. The major ones (Mega, Metro, Super, HolMat) are pretty active in my experience and though you might find a lot of cringe people are pretty open to discussion. Obv they'll only be active in the months leading up to the con and the few weeks after, though.
>>
>>9398168
I meant event pages on facebook, if it wasnt obvious.
>>
>>9396954
Ive got some stuff in the works that while mecha, isn't actually from Gundam.

I dig some of the designs from Overwatch. but I don't play it, so its hard for me to get excited over the idea of making anything from it. Though making Bastion would be pretty neat.
>>
>>9395577
Well, you should expect comments like >>9394827 most of your suites while awesome look like you just did the same base build and added little things here and there to be different.
Try doing someone that people wont expect if youre hurt by that comment
>>
File: 1295965226679.jpg (256KB, 664x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1295965226679.jpg
256KB, 664x1048px
>>9398573
None of the visible components besides the hands are shared between my suits. I get the point that all Gundams share certain visual ques but I don't reuse parts or designs. The only things I keep are the undersuit and cooling/sound effect parts.

I do wear other costumes occasionally, I just don't talk about it because they don't tend to be as interesting.
>>
>>9398573
>>9398624
When a gull can't find anything to nitpick about on the costume, they'll just make up some shit like that.
>>
>>9398651
It's not a nitpick. Being praised for redundancy makes zero sense. No ones denying he builds great costumes but they look all very similar.

I'd def be interested to hear about the other cosplays he wears because he seems like a cool dude
>>
>>9398624
You should make one of the more unique looking gundams, like Barbatos, Unicorn or Gself desu
>>
>>9399170
This.
Anyways, Im planning on going to malooga. Looks promising and kinda like a low budget pax.
>>
>>9399150
I tried to take a break for other mecha between Gundams but for a variety of reasons it just didnt work out that way with the last 4.

Made the MK-II with a focus on improving mobility and detail, then wanted to make a suit from the same series for the GF, then I wanted to make something that more American fans would recognize so I did Wing Zero. Then I felt bad not being able to fly a suit with me over to Switzerland due to the size/cost, so I made the Ground Gundam able to break down and pack up easy and smaller than previous suits for international trips in the future.

Non mecha cosplays I have done are pretty run of the mill. Captain Harlock, Theodore from Persona 3, Shirou Emiya etc...

Im currently working on some Girls und Panzer stuff. A Stug and Erwin costume for my a GF and a driveable Tiger 1 or BT42 for myself build around a gutted mobility scooter.

>>9399170
I do have plans to try my hand at Unicorn one day, but the list of mecha I love and want to build is a long one, im currently working on a Genesic GaoGaiGar before doing another Gundam. Not a fan of the majority of the mech designs from IBO and G Reco with the exception of the Astaroth and the G Arcane.
>>
>>9383444
That's probably because he acts the same way most guys act at cons.
>>
>>9401618
This is bait
Most men are not predators
If more people reply to this the thread will be 404'd because vendetta
>>
>>9401749
Alright so lets talk about something else.

What are peoples plans for malooga or hatsume?
>>
Anybody in Jax going to Collective Con? I went last year & it was decent.
>>
>>9405902
We will be artists attending. First time and coming from Orlando. Hope it doesn't suuuucckkkk
>>
>>9405930
I was looking into Collective Con next year as my first year tabling, so I hope you can post about your experience tabling there! I haven't really heard much about it, even through checking the archives.
>>
>>9405902
Saturday is really expensive for a con that has like 10 panels all day, so I'm going to pass.
>>
Collective con just announced that the stranger things girl cancelled 10 minutes before it opened. Loool
>>
>>9407834
LOOOOOLOLOL holy shit that's bad. She probably pulled because they couldn't afford to pay her. I'm assuming they hoped by announcing her they would sell a bunch of tickets beforehand but it probably didn't happen
>>
>>9408373
Oh I guess apparently she's sick but still
>>
>>9408373
According to their Facebook people kept asking about her before the con. She seems like a stuck up little bitch especially if she won't sign eggo boxes.
>>
>>9407834
To be fair to her, it sounds like she booked a ton of cons to ride her popularity without realizing how draining all that travel and appearances can actually be. She's only 13 so it's not all that surprising that she would pull something like this, her agents really should've turned down some of her appearance bookings though.
>>
I'm moving back to NYC in May, are there any good cons near Central Florida (or close enough to Florida) I should check out before I leave?

I'm not interested in Megacon.
>>
>>9410842
I've never been to Metrocon, but it seems liked by most on here.
>>
>>9411128
>May
Metrocon is in August.

>>9410842
There is Maloogacon this weekend in tampa, seems to be a gaming con with a cosplay contest. Nothing much befor ethat though, unless you're interested in a smash tournament event.
>>
>>9411128
WAY overpriced. Expensive hotel rooms and crappy convention center food otherwise you have to walk about a mile to a Publix. Their big hype is their shows which are pretty much the same thing every year with the same people and a different theme. Con security likes to harass people and admits to competing to see who can throw the most people out. Game room isn't bad but the dances are shit so we would go to Ybor instead. The con is more self hype than content and is desperate to hide the fact that it's shrinking. If you're really going to go then go on Friday and save your money for something better.
>>
>>9408373
No they paid her.

And her agents don't want to give it all back.
>>
>>9411921
proof?
>>
Who won hatsume/ malooga?
>>
>>9418494
I missed the contest since my little photo op was scheduled around the same time. Really interested to see what everyone competed in this year as well.

I salute anyone who cosplays at this event. Its just so damn hot outside already.
>>
>>9418601
Were you planning on entering?
>>
>>9418747
No I wasn't, but I did want to watch the contest itself, that's what I meant.
>>
Playing 2 Shows At Retro:
Saturday, April 15th- 7:15 PM
MACC 2
Sunday, April 16th- 5:30 PM
MACC 1
>>
Next weekend

Orlando- Star Wars Celebration
Miami- Supercon Retro

Who is going?
>>
>>9426923
I'm going to be playing at Retro (see above), but I have some friends who are going to Celebration.

Any meetups planned for either?
>>
>>9426923
ugh fuck no
>>
>>9431812
No one wants to meet up with yo stank ass anyways
>>
EXP Con announced they're starting back up for at least 3 more years.
>>
>>9435546
This is the sixth time Ryan has said that on FB but I'm sure this time it's real
>>
>>9435553
I don't remember how it died in the first place. Was it because people trashed the hotel and the hotel ended the contract?
>>
Anyone here go to Supercon Retro this past weekend? How was it?
>>
>>9435553
Honestly I'm excited we have options other than Wasabi since we lost Ancient City Con too. Already booked my room and hoping that they do good again
>>
>>9437659
It was better than the last Brodercon
>>
Looks like Wasabi is doing an Anime Cosplay contest for Mega. I know it won't be half as good as what Anime Sushi offered but anyone trying? Rules are wacky already with you only needing to make at least 50% and the award tier is eh
>>
>>9444694
>Wasabi is doing an Anime Cosplay contest for Mega

Not surprised, Croom has been shoving his head up Fan Expo's ass alot lately.
>>
anyone hype for Outcon?

Last year was its first year, and as an lgbt++etc con, for some reason, it was WILD. Like AFO/Iwai levels of wild. The few panels at the end of the night, particularly the striptease show, all helped make it a success.
>>
>>9435614
I live in St. Augustine and I heard that it was because World Golf Village (the host venue) didn't like all the noise and kids running around. They cater to rich old yuppies so I can see why.
>>
File: 1437978121279.jpg (17KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1437978121279.jpg
17KB, 250x242px
So what's with AFO's Artist Alley? They said they were still open at the beginning of April and I applied but didn't get so much as a confirmation email. Is there something going on on their end or did I put my info in wrong?
>>
>>9451118
This girl always posts shit late. Don't be surprised to get info 2 weeks before the event.
>>
>>9447895
Were Iwai and Outcon really lit? How did the atmosphere compare to, say, the Broder cons?
>>
>>9444694
Don't know why they are bothering since its the same shit as the 501st one but with anime. There's no pre-judging at all so it's going to be utter shit
>>
>>9455882
Non pre-judged cosplay contests seriously need to stop being a thing. A costume's level of craftsmanship or accuracy cannot accurately be judged in the few seconds it takes to walk down a runway or across a stage.
>>
>>9451118
I'm in a similar boat. I applied to become a panelist but haven't heard anything about an acceptance or rejection letter. Deadline for panels to be submitted was March 26th...

Then again, I'm pretty sure their panel schedule wasn't out until two weeks before the con so gl hf us I guess.
>>
>>9456271
First round of acceptance for panels already went out, I got mine like 2 weeks ago. You may be on a back up list in case the ones already accepted drop
>>9455886
Honestly this x1000, you can't see any of the small detailing and seam work from the audience but Wasabi generally does cheap judging like this anyway with like only one judge looking at seams and then having the guests go oh we like this one for the winner. Megacons contest are a complete joke now
>>
>>9451118
Emails are going out right now for AA.
>>
>>9451399
I mean..they are decent. You just have to understand they are smaller events
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.