[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Boston 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 37

One month till AB. How's everyone's cosplays coming along? How late will the schedule be out? Will this year be LineCon 3: Revenge of LineCon?
>>
>>9374415
>Will this year be LineCon 3: Revenge of LineCon?

Yes.

Personally waiting for Eataly to decide no weebs or undesirables in their overpriced tourist foodtrap
>>
>>9374415
I will probably, be fixing and wearing some old costumes I have, school and job have taken all my time, sadly.

Can't wait to see what comes out this year's Linecon.
>>
This will be my 2nd time. My last time was in 2013. I live 2000 miles away so it'll be a new experience. I read that the food court is gone. This is going to be an expensive trip.
>>
>>9374600
why are you traveling across the country to go?
>>
>>9374453
Don't forget crappy overpriced 'spread' the Sheraton pops out with. I think some days I can still taste the shitty chicken fingers I got.
>>
This year's theme is Retro, so anyone cosplaying anything old school?

I also hope they bring back the free arcade games.
>>
>>9374607
Maybe the con is decent and brings out nice guests. Hard to believe.
>>
>>9374709
I'm cosplaying Noriko Takaya. I was so excited when I found out about the theme because I had wanted to cosplay her for forever, and this finally gave me an excuse to do so.

Hoping that a lot of artists in the artist alley take advantage of the theme.
>>
>>9374918
Anime Boston is a great con located in an area that hates it. If Anime Boston was located anywhere else it would probably be the one of the best cons in the country. It's a real shame
>>
>>9374709
Have a couple nostalgia ones I'm hopeful it's not just a wave of Yoi since that's what I'm seeing a lot of prep for.
>>
>>9374709
Bringing Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing. Gonna be a good time, especially since I'm not at the Sheraton this year.
>>
>>9374973
This makes no sense to me. If it's a great con, what difference does the location matter? (Other than, I guess, Boston's rules about security which are totally understandable imo)
>>
>>9375107
It makes a difference when the location won't let you walk through to your hotel or makes you walk all the way around because heaven forbid you upset the lady in her Vineyard Vines just by walking by her.
>>
>>9375107
The Prudential Mall likes to pretend they are the highest of high class malls. So they despise the convention cause as far as they are concerned we're a plague. They go out of their way to demand everyone walk all the way around the rather than go through their precious shops. Wouldn't want to upset JLaw renting an apartment on the top floor having no interaction with the congoers after all!
>>
>>9374924
Any particular retro series you're hoping to find in the AA?
>>
>>9374709
EVA, and if I can finish her on time, Mamimi Samejima. Hopin to see some cute retro cosplays and not drown in YoI or Killing Stalking or whatever the kids like these days.
>>
>>9374973
>>9375221

Dang, is it really that bad? I'm used to west coast cons, and cons there are usually celebrated by the local area/boosting the local economy so local businesses are really happy to have them. Like lots of places will even have specials running for the con or welcoming signs out and stuff. it seems weird to me to be against something that's bringing $ in for the weekend just because you think cosplayers look weird.
>>
>>9374924
I'll be in the AA and I'd LOVE to do more oldschool/retro stuff, but I feel like I have to stick with what's a safe sale. Which is whatever's popular right now, unfortunately. I'm sure a lot of artists feel the same.
>>
>>9375457
>>9375221
Gotcha, I misinterpreted what anon said as the local congoers hating AB, not the Prudential itself hating the con.
>>
>>9375489
The pru hates the working class people inside it's own shops so much they demolished the food court it had. For a giant 3 story overpriced tourist trap Italian place. And expect it to survive for ten years. My guess is it'll slowly be made smaller and smaller when it turns out people who want Italian already know where to go in Boston. Even the praise I can find on it's other locations tend to say "Went there once."
>>
I've never been to a con and this will be my first time. I'm going with a cosplaying duo, a friend and his GF, who have gone to this one and many other cons.

I've never cosplayed before but I'd really like to go as Ginko. For me the hardest part of cosplaying him would be the backpack as it looks like it would require a decent amount of time to make something that looks functional and true to the original. To cut it short I don't have the time to get that ready for the end of the month.

So I guess my question for /cgl/ is what is the popular opinion on, for lack of a better word, "modernized" cosplays? I'm an /out/ kind of guy and I've got all sorts of tired and worn out gear that looks like it could belong to a vagabond traveler. If I went with more modern clothing and a backpack that matches his color scheme and I got the white wig and got makeup done would that be cool? Or would that just be lame?

I'm not crazy about the merchandise aspect of the con so I'm really just going to do something new and I feel like I'll be missing out on part of the fun if I'm just plain-clothesing it.
>>
>>9375728
It's up to you. If you won't feel self-conscious next to two people that have put a lot of effort into their cosplays, then you'll be fine. Trust me, you're going to see A LOT of people who go low effort at AB. If it's your first time, you'll potentially look back at pictures and cringe at yourself, but that's part of the growing pains and maybe next time you'll prepare better, not a big deal.
>>
>>9375728
AB is not really known for it's high quality cosplayers. While there are people who do go all out, for a con it's size it's not as many as you would think. Lots of lower quality cosplays, and with the security issues from last year I don't think this year will look any better. You'll be fine.
>>
Starting to make my costume now, hopefully will make it in time. Going as Satou Kazuma because it hopefully seems relatively easy to make in time.
>>
>>9374415
Going for my fourth year in a row.

Friday I'm going as Big Boss from Peace Walker, with my girlfriend as Strangelove.

Saturday, I'll be Oscar Of Astora, my girlfriend might be Lydia from Beetlejuice

Sunday, I'm going easy, Ash from Evil Dead II, with my girlfriend as his zombie girlfriend.
>>
I didn't go last year, so I'm wondering what are good, cheap places to eat around the con? I will be bringing snacks, but I'd rather not live on crackers the whole con.
>>
>>9378386
>cheap
>Boston

Uhhh do you mind walking?
>>
>>9378412
Well, there is dunks
>>
>>9378386
There's a 7-Eleven IIRC
>>
>>9378386
Supermarkets right outside the con.
>>
>>9378386
Produce from Eataly is pretty decently priced.

Also there is a Boloco like 4 blocks from the con.
>>
>>9374709

Going mostly for photography, so just regular clothes cosplay for me. Planning retro though.

Golden Boy - Kintaro

Gundam Wing - Wufei

Full Moon wo Sagashite - Takuto

Yes I'm an asian dude with a ponytail... and the second AB is over I'm getting it lopped off.
>>
I'm impressed by the guest list this year. Usually there are one or two big name people mixed in with the usuals and forgettables but this seems like a pretty good bunch. Especially JYB who hasn't been around since '05. I wonder if it's because it's not on Easter? I'd be happy to see this kind of improvement from here on out.
>>
>>9379645
Well after the utter confusion/mayhem of last year I'd hope so. My biggest hope is the Pru not being mega assholes.
>>
Anyone have photographer recommendations for AB? I'm tired of seeing the same 3 eh photographers spamming everywhere
>>
>>9381774
let me guess. Caroline Belge, Flashcord, Vander?
>>
>>9381949
Also EMCP, myratheon, and sumiko.foto.

I don't understand how they're getting booked when only like 2 of them are decent and charging that much
>>
I desperately need hotel space for me and two of my friends :(
>>
I'm 31 this year.. my first con was when I was 13, getting back into it because I just love them, but I feel weird like I don't belong around so many young people. I look in my 20s but I feel like Id be thought of as a creeper if someone knew my age. Anyone else feel the same? Should I just stop going and maybe look into being staff at some con?
>>
>>9385271
I'm 34 and I still attend anime cons, I've been into anime since the 90s. People only think you're a creep if you act like a creep. Making these assumptions about yourself in these cons only leads to anxiety and you acting nervous. Once you act like you're nervous as if "you don't belong" you're going to be broadcasting that to everyone with your body language. Don't think about these things and no one will care, there are plenty of people in there 20s/30s at AB, it's obvious by how drunk they get.
>>
>>9385271
Your social life doesn't end at 30. I'm 33 and more into the con scene and cosplay than I ever was at 23. Just make some friends who are your age and you'll be fine.
>>
This'll be my third AB. I'm not big into cosplay but I'm putting together something from the 4CC since, well, what else am I going to do with these jerseys?
Don't lynch me pls
>>
If I were to cosplay Novislav Djajic/Remove Kebab Guy, think anyone would get it?
>>
>>9386547
Maybe if you had an accordion and learned to play the song
>>
>>9386707
I've got a childs' accordion and a JNA beret pin on the way
>>
>>9379510
don't forget to rub your face on the toilet seats
>>
I'm glad they're not using the full body metal detectors this year, just wands.
>>
>>9386728
Think they'll give me guff for wearing a full set of steel armor?
>>
>>9385188
Yeah, does anyone know of any good, cheap enough hotels nearby?
>>
>>9387102
>Cheap hotels in Boston
prepare to sleep on the floor if you don't want to pay over 250 a night kek
>>
>>9378386
If you wanna stay within 1-2 blocks of the con, there's a 7-11 and a Shaw's supermarket. My friends and I are staying at Copley house (apartments with kitchenettes) and so we plan on making dinner at least once and eating leftovers. I will probably buy some pre-packaged food as well.

When the food court got killed it really fucked up the cheap food aspect. There's not a whole of cheap-ish stuff although below $15 there's Dunkin' Donuts, Crazy Dough's Pizza, Au Bon Pain, and sweet green. Everything else will probably run you like $20 a meal, esp on newbury street.
>>
>>9386733
Are you even allowed to wear a set of steel armor at AB?
>>
>>9387161
They don't mention it under bans, but it would probably fall under "potentially harmful prop"
Clearly the joke flew over your head, can't wand someone in full metal
>>
>>9387154
This is nonsense. Anecdotal evidence. Ad hominem.
>>
>>9387164
It's not much of a joke, since steel corsets, hoop skirts, and chain mail get caught in the detectors and are all things people wear to con. It's not much of an issue and they'll generally wave you through.
>>
>>9387260
Easier to smack someone in the face with a steel bracer than it would be with a hoop skirt or corset. I've seen other cons ban live steel armor, if you really want to know just email them.
>>
>>9387159
There's like 15 cheap food options over on Mass Ave and that's only like what? A block from the Sheraton. People step out of the con and think like the only direction they can head is towards Newbury and I don't get it. It's a 4 minute walk to like 4 different pizza joints, some of the better pho and soup dumplings in the city and like 8 other types of food. All cheap. Like....?
>>
>>9387327
Worst comes to worst, there's a Wendy's about 5 minutes away from the pru. Get that 4 for $4 every day of the con. Laugh and grow fat.
>>
File: 791438876_1879547.gif (171KB, 400x275px)
791438876_1879547.gif
171KB, 400x275px
10th year straight, let's go
>>
>>9387789
nayrt but the Wendy's is on Mass Ave lol
>>
>>9388484
It's a 5 minute walk you Americlap
>>
Food court gone is sad, sure, but there are plenty of places
you can easily walk to along with Fooda popups. If you're worried about weather, Shaws supermarket is right next door. They have hot and cold prepared meals.
I wish hentai dubbing came back, but are there any anticipated adult panels for this year? (If anyone knows about the programming since the schedule isn't out yet.)
>>
>>9388466
are you actually going as madoka again? all these years i don't think i have ever run into you.
>>
>>9387161
>>9387164
>>9387260

Weren't joking, was gonna wear my Elite Knight armor. But after realizing that having to lug around 80 lbs. of steel through a sweaty convention center, I figured I'd dress as a Serbian war criminal instead.
>>
>>9379510
Get a wig.
>>
File: cute-cat-smiling-face-kitty.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cute-cat-smiling-face-kitty.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Finally finished my outfit for AB with 2 weeks to go.

Feels good man.
>>
>>9388954
The WTF Manga panel will be back this year! The host pokes fun at terrible hentai. It filled up so fast last year that they had to turn 50+ people away at the door.
>>
>>9388510
I know it's five minutes away because it's on Mass Ave. >>9387327 said "15 cheap food options on Mass Ave" and >>9387789 said "there's a Wendy's about five minutes away from the Pru" and I was pointing out that the Wendy's anon was referring to is one of the aforementioned "15 cheap food options on Mass Ave" good god if you're going to bash on me for being American you could at least make an effort to understand what the fuck part of America I'm talking about
>>
>>9388466
I'm still debating it, actually! The only problem is I'd need new pink lenses which I wouldn't be able to get in time. I'll most likely be rewearing idolm@ster cosplay and hopefully Kirino from Oreimo, if the wig arrives in time.
>>
>>9391764
Whoops, meant to reply to >>9389645
>>
As a creator, what is my best approach to have sex with cosplayers of my characters?
>>
Friendly reminder to avoid Mr Toe Suck at all costs unless you wish to have a bad time
>>
>>9391764
I'm super relieved to hear that someone else will be wearing Im@s! AB is usually super Love Live and FOTM heavy, I was afraid I'd go relatively unrecognized.
>>
>>9391794
Make your characters canonically attracted to you.
>>
File: 7J4C4874.jpg (42KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
7J4C4874.jpg
42KB, 333x500px
>>9393152
Who are you going as? I'm probably wearing pic related again (Uzuki Shimamura, Im@s: CG) and maybe the My First Star dress as well. I get so excited to see other im@s cosplayers!! I've never actually seen anyone at AB cosplaying im@s.
>>
>>9391794
Girl > ask her if she gives succ
Guy > give the succ
>>
I'm going as Killy from Blame! I don't expect many people to recognize me but it was super fun to make.
>>
>>9394108
I'm doing Kyun! Vampire Girl Iori on Saturday AM!
>>
Any good news about 21+ events or parties? I went to the 21+ lounge in 2014. The drinks were overpriced, people were awkward, bright lights, no atmosphere. (pic related. It looked like this but dull yellow lighting and 2 bartenders.)

Also, how are your feelings on the wands, and not metal detectors, this year?
>>
>>9395675

The lounge last year was at Kings (the lounge, not the bowling alley part). Was fine, plus free food. Hope they do that again.
>>
>>9394108
Whoever this is, is a goddess.
>>
File: 1361489486999.png (407KB, 542x472px)
1361489486999.png
407KB, 542x472px
>tfw missed Ali Project last year
>>
>>9395343
Ahhh you'll look so cute! Which girl?
>>
Schedule should be coming out soon
>>
>>9396883
Not soon enough.
>>
>>9397149
Seriously. Less than 2 weeks away and not a peep about it.
>>
>>9390674
That dude is awesome worth waiting in line yo.
>>
Doinf space ghost with a friend who will be brak
Then roadhog still got mask work to do.
And i might pull a hatrik with a lambert from whitcher 3 my cat eye contacts arrived when i order them for halloween.
>>
What's up with everyone posting in the swap meet thread on the forums only having garbage?
>>
Is there any lolita events at AB? Specifically swap meets, I have a bunch of shit I want to get rid of.
>>
>>9398676
Said on their tumblr a week before still kinda annoying I agree. Like how can you plan anything
>>
>>9399256
Spaaaaaaace Ghost! I will find you.
>>
>>9399388
The comm is talking about a swap meet but desu it's too much of a hassle for a lot of us and the AB staff jump down our throats about it. If you want to get rid of shit local though, just post to the comm page.
>>
SO me and my bf applied to run a panel on a whim, and not only did we get accepted, we found out that this year they're giving panelists fast passes to skip the line of death to get into the con! Best snap decision ever! Have they ever done this in past years?

(Also if anyone's free on Saturday at 6:30 and wants to watch two people bullshit about what makes a good anime opening you should come check us out!)
>>
File: weather.png (17KB, 858x200px) Image search: [Google]
weather.png
17KB, 858x200px
Here's hoping the weather holds out
>>
>>9400133
Fellow panelist here. I noticed this too and thank goodness. I was worrying about the lines to get in, especially since I'll be commuting and now security wands.
Cheers to your last minute panel!
>>
>>9378386
>>9387159

Just wanted to chime in that I work on Newbury and there actually are a good handful of affordable places to eat that have cropped up recently, for those who might not want to haul all the way down to Mass Ave or Copley Square! Beantown Pho, Gre.Co, Shake Shack, and Dirty Water Pizza are all good bets (~$10 for a meal, and all except Beantown are counter service) and literally less than two blocks from the back end of the Pru. There's a Trader Joe's right on Boylston which has plenty of ready-made stuff, doubly so if your hotel room has a microwave. Plenty of cheap eats right in the immediate con area, if you know where to look!
>>
>>9401608
In addition, if you walk toward the colonnade hotel down near Northeastern University there is a bunch of places to grab a bite.

>5 Guys
>Pho and I
>Panera
>Subway
>Ginger Exchange
>Unos
>Kung-fu Tea
>Chatime
>>
>>9386547
That would be incredible
>>
Anyone looking for a room at the Hilton? Looking for two people to share a bed or take floor space, $50 per night per person, booked for 3 days.
>>
>>9401915
I'm trying to learn the song, but I've got a Gorka-C, SMERSH chest rig, and a JNA Airforce pin, and I'm going to be carrying around a bottle labelled "Blood Of Chechens".
>>
Meetup?
>>
>>9403851
Yes.
>>
>>9403851
>>9403901
when and where
>>
>One week till con
>no schedule

AB, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>9405620
This is normal for them tho. They always pull this shit.
>>
>>9405626
Implying that makes it okay
>>
>>9405620

sasuga AB
>>
>>9375558
I've been to Boston exactly one time and even I know just going to a random hole in the wall in the north end is going to be an exponentially better experience than some megamart
>>
>>9405663
Yep, not to mention it's located in a mall. People who just ate heavy saturated Italian food aren't gonna wander and shop. I fully expect the new smaller food-court they're adding to get far more foot traffic once it's up.
>>
>>9405632
I wasn't implying anything. Only that they've always done this. They even have an ask on their tumblr that states the following after someone inquired.
"Hello!

Schedules typically come out a week or so before the convention. You can read more about the schedule process here: http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21093 "

They legit give no shits.
>>
>>9400250
I really don't want security or the Pru to try to usher me outdoors when it's 40 degrees out and raining slush when I don't want to carry around a raincoat all day.
>>
Schedule is finally out
>>
>>9406851
They claim they were working with the Pru more closely this year. So here's hoping
>>
Schedule's finally out. Anything you guys are looking forward to? I'm glad that AB has no ask panels because some of these informative panels look really good
>>
>>9407005
I agree, there's actually some cosplay panels this year I want to attend.
>>
>>9407005
Extreme Geek is my favorite 18+ panel. Little bummed its during the Masq.
>>
>>9407005

Looking forward to dying in the AA because I expected it to be the same hours as Dealers, not hours longer than Dealers, shit
>>
I didn't get an answer from them as to if I was vending or not until the first week of this month.
>>
>>9399317

Im going to the swap meet bringing my high value stuff most of it brand new etc but what do you have and what are you looking for?
>>
>>9407144
Where did they list the hours for these? I'm using the guidebook app and can't seem to find it.
>>
>>9407664
don't know about where on guidebook, just looked at the actual site.

Dealers:
Fri 12-7
Sat 10-7
Sun 10-3

AA:
Fri 10-10
Sat 10-10
Sun 10-3
>>
File: P1200792.jpg (452KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1200792.jpg
452KB, 1600x1200px
REMOVE WEEB remove weeb puffyumi alive make fast rap srbija
>>
Its only my second year, and was wondering any good places for after parties?
>>
This will be my first year of not going to AB since 2014. Last year really killed it for me with all the bullshit with security and barely any good panels. I'm thinking of doing a drinking game this weekend for everytime something goes to shit.
>>
>>9407869
Thanks!!
>>
On the social page on fb and people keep posting shit like "Don't forget to wear deodorant/shower!", "Remember to take care of your period!" and "Don't forget to fucking eat food!"

It's as if the hobby were either full of literal children that need to be reminded of these things or circlejerking morons who need to feel congratulated for accomplishing the most basic aspects of life.
>>
>>9410299
>It's as if the hobby were either full of literal children
It is. I wouldn't care if I weren't also affected by the aftermath of their hygienic disaster.
>>
>>9410299
I don't mind telling those (fellow) neet fuckers to remember to fucking bath solely because I don't like sitting in their stink cloud when I have to sit near them at panels or in line and shit.

But also, give them a break. A lot of them really are teenage kids that haven't been out much when mommy's not around to take care of them, and some of them are shut ins that need to be reminded of basic social etiquette, health, and hygiene. But pretty much everyone there is exterting themselves while taking the time out of their routine, and when people do that, they can lose sight of the small stuff they take for granted. My sis works as a tourguide, and she spends a lot of time reminding even adult normalfag salrymen and little old ladies that spent their whole lives taking care of themselves and raising kids that they have to remember to stay hydrated and shit, even if they are on vacation. I remember going to Disney World and on the day of the flight, between the stress and travel and packed schedule, I came to a time when I checked my feminine pad in the bathroom and it was an absolute horror show, when I don't normally get a very heavy flow and can afford to wait that amount of hours for a change. Bodies work differently in the potential exertion of a con setting and somebody that normally pulls off skipping a shower or a meal when they're busy is in for a rude surprise if somebody doesn't warn them.
>>
>>9410121
Okay? What's your point?
>>
File: fangs.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
fangs.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>When your wig arrives 2 weeks earlier than expected

If you see a Kirino walking around on Thursday, say hi!
>>
File: IMG_6568.jpg (284KB, 1152x2048px)
IMG_6568.jpg
284KB, 1152x2048px
>>9410299
Blame this quote: this person was unironic about this.
>>
>>9410756
>Why cant you just walk two feet away

Because they sat next to me at the panel in the very last seat available after the panel started, and I'm not giving up the seat I showed up 20 minutes early for because they stink. I don't know where in AB's history it suddenly became a "safe space," but it's been a custom there to be polite to the people around you, and that means being responsible for your own odor so as not to inconvenience all of them, not demanding they should not be allowed to politely ask you to be fucking considerate.

I know Jen H probably isn't actually here reading this, but fuck.
>>
>>9410756
Can I get a link to this?
>>
>>9391764
Im cross playing as Homu
>>
>>9410756

>Namedropping

inb4 banned
>>
>>9411006

It got pruned by mods
>>
Doing Gamagoori from Kill La Kill (haphazard first build edition) Friday, Jotaro Kujo (shitty ebay edition) Saturday, rockin a Starfleet Uniform sunday, and the Orange Splatoon Kid either Friday or Saturday night after I get too drunk.

If you see me, fight me irl or something idk
>>
>>9410679
How popular is Kirino, I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple
>>
>>9411317
I always thought of Oreimo being a pretty well-known anime, but it's been a while since it came out, and I've never seen another Kirino cosplayer irl. I hope there are some, though!
>>
>>9410299
It's a tumblr convention, what do you expect?
>>
>>9410756
>safe space for nerds
I hate this mentality so much.
>>
>>9411338
I see why people think she's an annoying character but i always loved her design and hair dye. Hope to see ya
>>
There's now a Gofundme campaign to give out deodorant at the con.
>>
>>9412427
Smart person. They'll make bank off of idiots.
>>
>>9412427
>gets shut down 30 minutes after opening due to complaints about BO shaming
>>
Ninth AB here! Fuckin hyped.
Going to about three photoshoots and gonna shop around and hang out with confriends. Good times

>>9374709
My sis is cosplaying the tiger guy from Hotline Miami on Saturday. She painted a tiger mask yellow and added black buckram to the holes she cut out so she can see out of it. She even made his brass knuckles out of dense foam because yanno, real brass knuckles are illegal.

>>9375881
Hope to see you and the GF at the MGS photoshoot on Friday then! The MGS Friday photoshoot meets up at 1PM outside of room 301 and then we move into an atrium where one of the stairwells is.

I'm not cosplaying this year due to lack of funds, but I'll be taking pics on the sidelines. I'll probably be wearing an orange Gitaroo Man shirt, gray sweatpants with a red beret and might have a purple disney dragon sticking out of my bag

>>9386715
Bro i am totally taking pics and video of you if i see you. You will make my day

>>9396345
I missed Origa the year she performed... And now she's dead...
I'm fucking livid at myself for missing her concert. I might try to see Puffy this year as my first concert there. I never went to them because I never knew when they were

>>9393128
Or bondage link and zelda. Never forget

>>9411227
Go to the JoJo shoot on Saturday, 2PM outside room 313. we will have a stand battle motherfucker
>>
>>9412427
they should just have one of those "cosplay emergency" guys but he's specifically for hygiene

handing out deodorant and febreze
>>
>>9412516
Hell yeah, I'll see you at the shoot
>>
Am I awful for spending thousands on a cosplay?
>>
>>9412629
of what?
>>
File: Entrance_BagCheck.jpg (306KB, 1200x1200px)
Entrance_BagCheck.jpg
306KB, 1200x1200px
Pru confirmed for continued bastards. It's going to be fucking snowing on Friday, remember to bring your coat for your two hour wait outside.
>>
File: hynes_securitymap.jpg (336KB, 1200x1040px)
hynes_securitymap.jpg
336KB, 1200x1040px
Also AB/Hynes is messing around with the bag check and security locations to try and alleviate the crowd a bit.

Between the Pru not playing ball and the security theater at the Hynes, this con is going to fail through no fault of its own
>>
>>9412676
The fact that Dalton is open will help a lot, not many people will naturally go through that way after being closed last year.
>>
>>9411804

This.
>>
I've been going to AB for years, just moved back to the States last month and probably just gonna lobby con because of the basic joke its become the past few years. If in do one day gonna go probably just Saturday. But I saw earlier about a 21+ meet up, you guys gonna just do the Kings event like last year or did ppl want to actually do a pub. Whiskey's is one of my favorites along with The Pour House, just can have space issues.

Suggestions?
>>
>>9412673
dollars
>>
>>9412516
Plans changed, I'll be Remove Kebab Guy on Friday, and Big Boss on Saturday. See you at THAT shoot?
>>
>>9413271
No what's the cosplay of, you mook
>>
>>9413090
Wish I could do a meet up but I will be with normie friends. At least Ill be drinking all day.
>>
>>9413090
Can you even lobby con AB anymore? There's not a whole lot of areas people wanna hang out at outside of the Hynes esp since the Pru has been such assholes, but also because no one wants to wait in the lines trying to get back into the Pru.
>>
>>9412676
>Weather forecast is for snow and freezing temperatures
>Last year assholes made half naked cosplayers walk outside instead of through the hallways to get from the food court to the con center.

What will happen if I just ignore them and keep going when security tries to direct us outside? What if everyone at the con refuses to do this? They can't kick us out of the con if we aren't actually in the convention center, can they? If they kick me out of the Pru it's no skin off my nose since they were going to do anyway.
>>
File: pls help.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
pls help.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
I'm going to AB for the first time this year, any tips for a newbie congoer? So far what I've gathered is:
> lines, so many lines
> prudential center people suck
> overpriced food
>>
>>9414041
I would just say "Look at me, I'll freeze out there" and that you're just passing through. Guess I'm lucky, everyone's always been so reasonable to me.
>>
>>9414051
I must have gotten an asshole then because they insisted I had to go outside, even when I said I was just going back to my hotel room in the Sheraton.

This time I'm just going to ignore them. Maybe if everyone does the same they'll just give up.
>>
>>9414041
You can get kicked out of the con for not cooperating with their "associates." I'm sure there's some fine print when you sign up for your registration that says they won't tolerate ill behavior from congoers even if it's just nearby to the con.

The Prudential center are assholes, but you are still on their property and they can run it however a shithead way they want, and if you piss them off enough and "trespass" by not listening to security, they can potentially call the police.

If we all got together and organized a protest, then worst case scenario it could escalate to being considered a riot and we can get arrested.
>>
>>9414049
Try not to carry around a bag in case the bag check line takes longer than the no bag line. ...Or, do bring a bag, in case there's a repeat of what happened last year when there was a period when the bag line was going faster then the no bag line. More often the no bag line is faster, but hey, who knows anymore!

Eat before all of the eateries close and you end up with the 4am super munchies and your only option is dunkin donuts. Boston is not a 24 hour town.
>>
>they hate us

Sounds similar to youmacon in a way, the rencen hates us more and more every year. RIP yall, RIP
>>
>>9414128
>only option is dunkin donuts
I see no problem with this
>>
>>9414111
>Volunteer staffers calling the police because a congoer walked through the hallway.

Dream big, buddy.
>>
>>9414290
No, no. It would be Prudential security calling the police, hypothetically. I wouldn't expect a con staffer to do that, I mean the mall cops. And that's also a "worst case scenario," not what I actually expect to happen. Realistically, I think they'll just start yelling louder, get in your way in front of you, and possibly eventually get grabby, if you even push that far. Most of the time people just comply.
>>
>>9414295
Last time they gave me trouble it was someone in an Anime Boston shirt. I don't think mall cops are the ones directing the traffic.
>>
>>9414325
Weird, only time I had trouble it was somebody in a security uniform.
>>
>>9414128
There are a few delivery places that stay open until ~3am.
>>
Will they catch safety pins and ask to remove them? I need one to pin my mantle together.
>>
Friend might be arriving hours after I arrive in boston, and he needs to be there to check into the hotel.
Is there any way I can check my bags in somewhere?
>>
>>9414837
How would we know? Try calling the hotel.
>>
>>9414837
Hotels will usually hold your bags if youre not checking in until later, just ask the concierge or the bellhop
>>
>>9414747
No one's gonna hassle you over some safety pins. They're conceivably trying to keep actual weapons or some such bullshit not trying to catch somebody trying to smuggle in a clothespin to bust somebody out of jail. FFS
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (161KB, 898x656px)
Untitled.jpg
161KB, 898x656px
I love snow and I'm disappointing this year was such a letdown but this is really going to make getting there and back suck.

I have to work tomorrow in Waltham but I can't decide if I should take the commuter rail in from way out where I am, or come in really early, leave my car at work and then walk to the Waltham commuter rail (2.5 miles from my office) to get the rest of the way in.

Staying with a friend at least for Friday night... was hoping to get home at like midnight on Saturday but looks like it might be two nights in the city.
>>
>>9415746

Take a lyft from waltham to the CR. going all the way back north is going to fuck you over for no reason
>>
>>9415781
This. Don't walk 2.5 miles in the snow, that'll put you in a bad mood for the con.
>>
>>9415781

>lyft/uber
Heh, I never even considered that, I'm a rural country bumpkin and drive myself everywhere.
>>
>>9415865

yeah like you could just uber the whole way there, save yourself some misery switching trains six times with luggage.
>>
Any other gulls waiting forever for their Marriott rooms to be ready?
>>
Any anons here going to Howl at The Moon Pre Party?
>>
>>9416157
>Howl at The Moon
>at the Attic(?)
Huh, that's a little confusing, considering there's an actually popular bar/club named Howl at the Moon.
>>
>>9374600
If people want food, they should just walk a block or two. B. Good and Zest Mediterranean Grille are both awesome.
>>
Anyone else going to the swing dance? Never been to any of the other AB dances, though I *love* Lindy and Charleston. I just hope I'll be able to pass the muster of their "semi-formal" dress code with my cheap thrift store wardrobe.
>>
When the bell did the prudential become so upscale, it went from generic mall to "I don't belong"
>>
>>9416268
Around the time they closed down the food court they kicked out their more mainstream stores and courted more expensive ones/enlarged expensive ones
>>
Any other students from nearby unis going?
>>
how viable is it to find a date for the formal ball or should i even bother going
>>
>>9416367
Meee
>>
>>9416435
Where you at? BU here.
>>
>>9416394
I dunno, want to go with me?
>>
>>9416444
Hey, another BU student! We should say hi at some point
>>
>>9416467
You're only the second BU student I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>9414144
Pretty sure the Dunkin in the Pru mall closes at night though.

I remember seeing it closed for the night at one AB after me and some friends were done screwing around in the Barnes and Noble
>>
Who /going alone/ here?
>>
File: 1451456498807.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1451456498807.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>9416444
>>9416468
im a massbay dropout does that count

The only thing I'm REEEEALLY not looking forward to is my allergies/cold bugging me tomorrow...

I've been having awful phlegmy coughing fits and my throat aches.

Does Trader Joe's sell any San Pellegrino or seltzer or anything? I know that Eataly bullshit sells it but I am NOT stepping foot in that overcrowded maze of tourists. Tried it with my folks on new years eve and it sucked.

As a health precaution I'm probably gonna wear a bandanna around my neck so I can wear on my face and cough into it like a surgical mask when I'm in big areas like the AA and Dealer's Room. And of course sanitizer. I ALWAYS bring that shit to cons.

>tfw you still need to jot down your "shopping list" for DR/AA and pack backpack

AAAAAAAAAAAAUHG WHATEVER I GOTTA SHOWER AND SLEEP. big day tomorrow

>>9413411
Saturday MGS shoot also meets outside Room 301 but at 12PM instead because of time constraints

Friday MGS shoot at 1PM, Saturday shoot at 12PM
>>
>>9416488
Me tomorrow lol.
My sister has to work a shift at her retail job tomorrow because folks there suck shit but she's hopefully going with me Saturday
>>
>>9416444
BU student too, inb4 we all know eachother
>>
>>9416467
>>9416505
Y-you guys want to do something?
>>
>>9416507
Mmmm send me an email about it, it's in the field
>>
>>9416496
That's funny, the exact same but with my brother!
>>
>>9416507
Tfw NEU student :^(
>>
>>9416469
There's another one down the street that's 24/7
>>
What characters wear a blue suit with a red tie? My buddy decided to come with me last minute straight out of a job interview. Trying to come up with something. Phoenix Wright is all I got so far.
>>
>>9416877
They have blue and red ties, but the kids from Daily Lives of Highschool Boys kinda look like that
>>
What's it like scalping tickets? My friend was a retard and accidentally bought two. His only option is to try to sell it at the con.
>>
Bout to leave in a couple of minutes from my place, what the rundown so far? lines abysmal like last year or is it moving smooth?
>>
>>9416906
How much?
>>
Drunkenly put on purple hair dye for Jotaro and stained the fuck out of myself,... but im cosplaying an Inkling. Probably just gonna rock it.
>>
>hotel doesnt have check in until 3pm

What the fuck
>>
Anyone wanna party?
>>
>>9417085
Most hotels don't have check in until 3-4
>>
>>9416919
He'll break even if he gets desperate enough, but will start at like $10-15 over
>>
>>9417109
Ye sure where and when
>>
>>9417248
Why would he charge more when people can just register themselves? If he wants to recoup some losses, he should go a little lower.
>>
>>9417299
He was hoping to catch someone desperate to get out of the long registration line.
>>
>>9417307
Registration line was non existant for me. Last year it was awful but I think they did a good job this time.

By the way, if you go in from the entrance right outside the sheraton, youre an idiot.
>>
Headed over now! Any word on where lines are moving fastest?
>>
>>9417325
Go to the sheraton, go up the stairs twice. Then go straight and down the hall that heads right. Youll come to a balcony area tgat has a hallway to the left that brings you to the artist alley. NoLineville

Captcha: centro claudia
>>
Weebed out the room
>>
>>9417345
So what she up with the fire alarm?
>>
>>9417380
Is it a test?
>>
>>9417380
It stopped. What a friendly little red box. The messages were very polite. I think everything's good, but i dunno why it started.
>>
>>9417345
I like your taste in flags.
>>
Me on the left. If you see me, say howdy.
>>
Is there gonna be a Meetup?
>>
>>9417451
This
>>
>>9417458
I'd love a meetup, but I'm crap at planning.
>>
>>9417394
Smoke in the catering service's kitchen
>>
File: IMG_1215.jpg (208KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1215.jpg
208KB, 720x1280px
If anyone sees me, feel free to say hi!! I already met some girls who were really lovely!!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How y'all feeling /cgl/ ?
>>
>>9417450
Oh damn, I walked past you a couple times earlier. Lel
>>
>>9417474
We should do one tonight because tomorrow is a busy day
>>
File: 1490147067953.jpg (18KB, 293x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490147067953.jpg
18KB, 293x263px
D-does anyone have any weed
>>
>>9417523
No you degenerate
>>
>>9417523
Yup, but it's all for me.
>>
Where are you fuckers at?
>>
>>9417523
If I bring some tomorrow would you bring a pipe or some papers?
>>
>>9417551
Where are you, you little shit
>>
>>9417555
That's a secret.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_210331304.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_210331304.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>9417551
Hue
>>
>>9417563
Rude
>>
I'm going to the Lupin III thing if anyone else is nearby.
>>
whos going to the hentai panel
>>
Is the kings thing lit does anyone know
>>
>>9417564
Well do you want to join us senpai
>>
>>9417582
Sure.
>>
>>9417610
Actually my friend and I decided to go back on the con floor, sorry!
We can still meet up if you want so.wwhere though.
>>
>>9417614
Where you at senpai
>>
>>9417625
We're going to kings
>>
>>9417450
Took your picture before I saw this post. Look very handsome in your cosplay
>>
>>9417573
Yap
>>
>>9417573
Which one?
>>
>>9412676
Friday the wait was actually pretty reasonable.

Tomorrow is going to be a cuck.
>>
Anyone going to the when hentai goes bad?
>>
>>9417678
I would but I'm fucking tired and the T stops running pretty early
>>
>>9417678
I'm planning to, waiting it out at the light graffiti thing
>>
Missed the hentai panels. Was too tired. Are they any good?
>>
>>9417699
As much as a room full of sweaty thirsty neckbeards watching poor animated porn can be, yeah.
>>
>>9417687
Gonna be outside waiting in line saw quite a few people there.
>>
>>9417699
They haven't happened yet have they?
>>
>>9417699
>>9417703
Tbh there is a surprising amount of girls there too. Either way I've found them to be fairly entertaining.
>>
Everyone have fun today?
>>
>>9417715
Not really, wasn't much to do in my opinion, hopefully Saturday will be more to do.
>>
>>9417715
Yeah, I saw Lex at the Lupin bloopers, was cool.
>>
I'm liking the shimoneta flags
>>
>>9417715
I loved the Manray guy,he had a wallet and everything
>>
>>9417715
I did! I'm sure everyone will be shitting on the con by the end of it all though
>>
>>9417576
went the last hour. shared a vodka bowl and then chatted with some people. didn't know they had free food? (coming here for dinner next year for that perk.)
>>
On the way to get my badge. How's the line?
>>
>>9417951
Shit, also lol the fucking security is so shit, it's unfunny.
>>
Kings tonight like 10? Is good?
>>
File: 4735.jpg (475KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
4735.jpg
475KB, 1536x2048px
Went to the con until check in. Had a handle of captains. Dont remember leaving the room, my friend said that I didnt even make it into the con. Manager of my hotel carried me to my room.

Day 2 lets go
>>
>>9417999
>Manager of my hotel carried me to my room
I would expect to be thrown out today desu fambo
>>
>>9418002
So far so good
>>
>>9417969
what line are you waiting in? it's a 5 minute wait to get in
>>
Anyone have tips/places to socialize with fellow congoers?
>>
I'm wearing a black tee shirt that reads "Welcome to the Monkey House" with a few pins including my /cgl/ one. What is everyone else wearing today?
>>
Why are all the Boston SJWs on my Facebook complaining about people at Anime Boston trying to help smelly nerds with no clue about hygiene?

Teaching these folk how to use deodorant and take showers would make the game room smell a whole lot better. What's the problem?
>>
Wearing the only kazuma cosplay today.

Please no bully
>>
Contemplating to drive to the con, but this weather makes it not want to leave my comfy bed.
>>
>>9418110
Is it still raining up in Boston?
>>
>>9418131
Now it's snowing.
>>
>>9418081
Berserk shirt I bought yesterday.
>>
>>9418081
Dressed as Judy Hopps from Zootopia today!
>>
>>9418143
oy. What a winter.
>>
>>9417450
God damnit you're hot
>>
>>9418181
I'll say hi if I see you today.
>>
>>9418081
A black shirt and jeans.
>>
Anyone who has them, please post pics of the One Piece shoot or that crew
>>
>>9418081
Shirt with Platinum from BlazBlue
Carrying around a camera too
>>
The food from the cafe is not sitting well with me...
>>
File: 1486798103287.jpg (77KB, 600x800px)
1486798103287.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
What panels are you guys checking out? I want to get to some good ones. At a zelda lore panel right now.
>>
Yo meet at the fountain at 8
>>
>>9418366
Oh hey I was at that one
>>
>>9417523
No joe
>>
>>9418404
Yea, i dont know what else to go to though. Im with the group with the charmander with the big leaf and deadpool.
>>
Skimpy crossplay Ryuko here, disappointed with the lack of a seagull meetup. 5th year of my first con so it feels all too familiar.
>>
Sumbuddy pls be leader for meetup
>>
>>9418415
Oh shit I've seen you around.
>>
>>9418452
[spoiler]Im the one not cosplaying[/spoiler] but I will tomorrow
>>
>>9418465
I mean your group.
>>
>>9418465
FUCK, phone posting is hard
>>
Anyone see any good Gurren Lagann prints or posters?
>>
>>9418472
I just found a nice flag.

>>9418466
Say hi and ill let you take a waterfall of my captains n coke. Ps theres some 5 hour energy in it
>>
>>9418474
Gonna take you up on that offer senpai
>>
>>9417633
>>9418209
D'aww thanks.
>>9418474
What a coincidence, that's what I'm drinking back at my place right now! Getting ready for round two.
>>
>>9418181
Oh shoot, I saw you by the Crunchyroll booth earlier! Your costume looked great.
>>
>>9418529
Aw thanks so much!
>>
>>9400133
Just came out, that was actually really good anon. Thanks!
>>
What's with everyone complaining about the Prudential Mall/security in this thread? I saw everyone going through the mall today without issue.
>>
>>9418624
Probably just grudges from last year. This year seems to be a huge improvment, I think they upped the AC aswell.
>>
So after buying another handle of captains, decided that today is a better day to do my cosplay than tomorrow. If you see brown skin homura, say hi and you can get a waterfall of my captains n coke.
>>
File: 20170401_115449.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_115449.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
If you saw a 6'5 Ram today, wassup

My rem got sick so I just went solo I guess
>>
>>9418677
Damn, that's almost as tall as me.
>>
>>9418677
Im actually upset that I watched all of that series, as someone that really enjoys isekai manga.
>>
File: IMG_6568.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6568.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm walking around as Naoto from Persona 4, I know I'm not the best cosplayer but I'd love meet some gulls that might also happen to be Persona fans! Also, this Kanji made my day.
>>
>>9418722
I too, would like to meet up with other gulls.
Is anyone down to meet up?
>>
>>9418722
Yo I saw you. At the persona panel rn?
>>
>>9418727
I won't mind this, do you have a place to meet?
>>
>>9418729
No that's not me! I wish I could go to that panel, but I lost my ID a week before the con and the replacement didn't come in time so no 18+ panels for me haha.

>>9418734
Seconding this, although not sure when I'm leaving
>>
*chanting* MEET UP MEET UP MEET UP !! !! !!
>>
Anyone still meeting up? The night is young.
>>
Damn it don't meet up after I'm gone.
>>
>>9418744
>>9418742
>>9418738
>>9418734
I am assuming a bar wouldn't be good since you don't have an ID?
>>
Im still here at the con, so we can meet up at some shitty panel or w/e. I dont know the local area at all so prefrably in the con is best.
>>
Fuck, I really want to go meet you guys, but I'm back at school waiting on something.
>>
I'm at the persona panel for another hour if there's a meetup
>>
Imma chill at live gaming and then head to the +18 panels, who in
>>
Why don't we start meeting up on the 1st floor to the right of the transportation booth and decide what to do from there
>>
>>9418771
Transportation booth?
>>
>>9418781
It's right next to the Crunchyroll lounge and the escalators down near the entrance of the con.
>>
>>9418782
I guess that could work. Anyone else in?
>>
>>9418794
When is this happening?
>>
>>9418794
>>9418795

Well me and another gull are here already actually.
>>
>>9418796
Fuck, I'm half an hour away at best
>>
>>9418796
Ill probably head down in a bit.
>>
>>9418798
Alright, I'm heading over, be there in a while.
>>
>>9418781
>>9418782
Not him but if this is the spot that asian'anon i just met was talkin about than me and my charmander bro are on the way.
>>
>>9418814
Yep, it's that spot
>>
>>9418817
You guys the group with the Araragi?
>>
>>9418820
Yepper
>>
>tfw too soxcially awkward to do a meetup
>>
>>9418825
Do it nerd
>>
>>9418826
N-no
>>
File: 1490183378216.png (564KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490183378216.png
564KB, 1280x720px
>>9418830
>>
Homura and gay ass charmander are here if anyone wants to say hi
>>
>>9418832
Did everyone else leave?
>>
>>9418830
Don't be shy, we are nice.
>>
>>9418842
Nah we're here, the Charmander is pretty noticeable
>>
I walked by the transport booth and saw a security guard and one person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9418796
Are you people still there I know a couple of people that might want to meet up is it in Hynes first floor?
>>
>>9418853
Yep, 5/6 people at this point.
>>
Was there a cross-playing Ram going around? I noticed there were several rem/ram duos, one of which was really good. I wanted a photo with that duo and thought I saw them from a distance. Turns out it wasn't them but thought oh well and got the photo anyway. It wasn't until later that my friend who took the photo was like "doesn't Ram look kinda like a guy here" which they kinda did but I'm not 100% sure (didn't get a good look at them) and would feel like an ass calling a girl a guy.
>>
Jackie chan we miss you
>>
File: 1489311040116.png (514KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489311040116.png
514KB, 810x810px
>>9418870
S-sorry friendo
I am under the spell of sucxubi
>>
Mongari-guy where did you run off to?
>>
Did everyone leave already?
>>
>>9418879
>>9418880
Its all diajobu
>>
>>9418880
What are you wearing?
>>
It was nice meeting you homoura
>>
>>9418882
I also already left
>>
File: 1489206874348.png (466KB, 644x399px)
1489206874348.png
466KB, 644x399px
So me and jackie chan met up with some gulls. But I ran out of my beverage of choice and arararararagi n co went there seperate ways. Probably gonna re stock and hit some +18 panels. Dont feel bad if we dont party with you niggas, also dobt stalk us.
>>
So it's all a bust then?
>>
>>9418895
o3o
>>
File: 1490085229295.jpg (35KB, 940x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490085229295.jpg
35KB, 940x768px
>>9418895
If you see me and charmander around say hi but Im not giving out water falls anymore, gotta save this shit
>>
File: IMG_20170401_232638184.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_232638184.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
Daijobu or not?
>>
>>9418904
For what it is, yeah
>>
>>9418909
Heard that
>>
>>9418869
Yeah I was the crossplaying ram. Probably was me. There was only 2-3 rams I saw, and I was the only solo
>>
In gaming room deciding how to spend the last two hours. Meetup somewhere third story of Hynes?
>>
>>9418914
Oh I thought you and that Rem were together. ...I take it you probably know who I am then haha. Well hey great crossplay cause we didn't even realize until we looked closer.
>>
>>9418921
I was with a Rem for a bit who was like a head shorter than me
>>
>>9418919
I'm at the line for cosplay shinanagins, if they cut us off we could
>>
>>9418924
I'll follow my band of four but if you see a tall cross Ryuko Matoi with sword that's me.
>>
>>9418923
Wait really? You both look the same height in the photo like maybe around 5'5' ish? Uh maybe I'm talking about someone else. Did you take a photo with a guy and the Rem in the second floor art gallery?
>>
>>9418925
I am in white with red Cross on me
>>
Any KanColle or Arpeggio of Blue Steel cosplays this year?
>>
>>9418923
Wait no I'm definitely talking about someone else if you're the 6'5" ram from before.
>>
Yo araragi guy here. Sorry we bailed on the impromptu meetup, we wanted if to happen in some form but also had prior plans that we didn't want to bail on. Hope everyone had a nice con~
>>
Homura commentary was the best part of shenanigans while it lasted
>>
Anyone chilling at the sheraton lobby?
>>
File: tumblr_onrekyrbm11r3nflvo1_1280.jpg (394KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onrekyrbm11r3nflvo1_1280.jpg
394KB, 1280x960px
I'm not at this con nor am I local, but uhhhh Bernie Sanders was there? Did anyone else see him? He was confirmed for giving a speech in the city and this picture looks legit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xPDRm75Ag0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the happy memories, AB!
>>
>>9419108
I want to see what kind of figurines he will buy.
>>
Does anyone have pictures from the One Piece photo shoot? I was that Franky
>>
I went as a fat Killer Queen, I hope your at least got a chuckle if you saw me.
>>
They really improved from the disaster of last year. I hope word gets around and more people come for '18
>>
>didnt know this existed
>$150

No stop
>>
>first anime con
>see trap Kurumi there
>never been into dudes but Kurumi is actually my waifu [spoiler]and he was hella cute[/spoiler]
do cons make you gay
>>
>>9419488
anime makes you gay
>>
>>9419108
He lives in Vermont, it wouldn't really be a stretch for him to be in MA
>>
>crossdress in private
>go as Crona from Soul Eater
>a bunch of girls tell me I look good and cute and stuff

On top of that being really nice it seems like people at cons are always in super good and friendly moods, it's great
>>
>>9419633
I went to the men's room and saw you there and had a split second heart attack since I thought it was the women's room
>>
>>9419641
Oh my god that's so funny
On one hand I feel bad but on the other hand I'm glad I had something like that happen
If you saw me today you probably saw me struggling to fix my Spider-Man friend's zipper
>>
>>9419643
Yes, I think it was exactly that. I was the haphazardly made kazuma and I nearly bolted out of there. I think there was someone else with a long wig that added to the confusion?
>>
>>9419648
oh yeah while I didn't see you, there was some
older guy doing a scarily/impressively convincing job at being a Love Live girl next to me
>>
>>9419630
>it wouldn't be a stretch for him to be in MA
Helping that idea, he just rallied with Elizabeth Warren on Friday in Boston.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/03/31/watch-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-shared-stage-at-boston-rally
>>
>>9419324
Me and a friend were just saying that. it wasn't nearly as congested, the wait time to enter was actually fairly reasonable, panels werent bad, and the staff was actually pretty reasonable and not power crazy.
>>
>>9419654
Yeah the wait times were crazy good compared to last year that was super nice
I've only gone this year and last year but this year was much more enjoyable
>>
>>9411991
I would be OK with it if it was applied uniformly, but they want it to be a safe space for their kind of nerds, not for us.
>>
>>9414295
you seem retarded
>>
Anyone know if a photo thread is gonna be up? I stupidly did not get any shots for myself of my roommate and I's cosplay.
>>
>>9423309
There's this

http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?f=266&t=21537
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.