[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3646.png (86KB, 2000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.png
86KB, 2000x1952px
What's the latest, gulls? What cons are you gearing up for?
>>
>>9373558
This anon is Heading to AZ or CA
>>
>>9373558
Well, I'm going to the gaming expo at SXSW and then next for me is Matsuri
>>
>>9373558
Looking forward to Matsuri, then probably Akon next.
>>
>>9373558
Nothing much until ACCC. I'm trying to finish three cosplays by that time, I still feel behind.
>>
>>9373709
Mind sharing what you're doing? Im stumped on what to put together for that but was thinking maybe Dick Tracy.
>>
>>9373558
Going to comicpalooza. Got 4 suits in the works, going with as a team.
>>
Posted in the last thread, but has anyone heard back about their A-Kon panels yet?
>>
Aselia Con. It's 2 weeks away and I'm in no way ready.
>>
>>9375154
See you there. Also not ready.
>>
>>9375139

Have only heard about rejections so far.
>>
>>9375139
>>9375315
>tfw haven't heard anything back yet
There is hope.
>>
Anyone going to AM?
>>
>>9375307
Thirding. Tempted to just wear things from last year.
>>
>>9375139
I heard back about mine but only because it was put in a weird category. You should hear back sometime this month though. Best of luck! :D
>>
New a kon website apparently. I haven't looked yet
>>
>>9375569
>>9375307
What cosplays are you doing?
>>
>>9373558
How is AM for room parties? If I wanted to have like 10 people over for a watch party: 1. would that fit comfortably in a double queen Hilton room and 2. would we get bitched at about noise?
>>
>>9379631
woops, meant as a general question, didn't mean to quote OP
>>
Are there any cons in the San Antonio area for March/April? I can't believe it but I'm actually missing MizuumiCon.
>>
>>9379664
No, there's Mini Mini Con in May.
>>
>>9377801

No one cares about a new website
It doesn't have all the info for most of the big events and it's hard to navigate
>>
>>9377801
It looks horrible. The previous site was a great improvement. It actually looked really professional (surprisingly enough). I agree with >>9379674. The only events that are really described as of right now are the music events no one cares about (Eyeshine is still a thing apparently). The con is three months away. There should be more by now, but it's A-Kon.
>>
>>9379626
Collette, mayyybe. normie tier, I know.
>>
>>9379729
It's a limited group of characters to cosplay. Besides, there are more Luke, Yuri, and Guy cosplays than anything else. We only have 1 or 2 Collettes a year. It'll be a nice change.
>>
>>9373558
cant wait for san japan. trying to get my dragon age cosplay ready.
>>
looks like a-kon's going to have an escape room. super expensive in my opinion
>>
>>9384566
Oh lord, that's going to be such a hot mess. I can't wait. Speaking of A-Kon, any news on panels?
>>
>>9384566
What are you talking about?
>>
>>9384743
Get locked in a room either by yourself or with a group depending on the size of it.
Solve puzzles to escape.
Try not to murder turbo autists going full iamverysmart in there.
>>
>>9384591
Your shitty panel is not approved. You'll have to cosplay strip for a free badge.
>>
>>9384591

A few have gotten approved waiting on the other ones. If you haven't heard anything they probably just haven't gotten to you yet
>>
hey so i remember there being some drama about nine tails or somthing but i forgot what happened

could anybody give me a rundown?
>>
File: copycatfamewhore.jpg (97KB, 947x555px) Image search: [Google]
copycatfamewhore.jpg
97KB, 947x555px
kek
This moron drives me insane. No, your techniques are not original and neither are your patterns. There are several tutorials out there with these exact materials and methods. Credit your sources and stop taking full credit for other peoples work. This bitch is thirsty for "cosfame"
>>
>>9385404
>to be honest, this isn't an original way of styling Moon

i don't know who she is but it sounds like she made it clear that these aren't all her ideas. are you okay anon?
>>
>>9385404
Anon, I think you misread the caption
>>
>>9385405
>>9385410
You're right, I did misread it. She still steals shit and claims they are her own designs and is an awful person.
>>
>>9385411
Tbh everyone knows she is pulling this crap and no one likes her. Only a bunch of nobodies care about her anyways. Don't stress out too much anon, she is old and crazy.
>>
>>9385380
Some dude wanted to work with Ninetails on a sailor moon day event but because they wouldnt let him 100% run and control the event, he started making up lies about Ninetails and calling out the owner to be a lier and scammer. The guy even went as far as claiming Ninetails stole the idea of sailor moon day from him despite Ninetails holding a sailor moom day for the past 1-2 years.

The guy eventually had a sailor moon day event at ooples but it turned out to be a disaster. Only 2-4 people showed up throughout the whole day and he stuck all his vendors outside in 100 degree weather.

After the event, he blaimed Ninetails and a cosplay charity event held at otaku cafe (not even related to sailor moon day) for his poor attendance.

Evebtually, he got banned from volunteering at SJ because he was caught harassing and following women and underage girls while using his volunteer status as an excuse. He also admitted to have aggressive behaviour toward attendees. Now he continues to shit talk about Ninetails and SJ because he thinks both the owner and SJ are out to get him.
>>
>>9385439
Sounds like he's completely delusional
>>
>>9385447
Trust me, he is. His rant about the ninetails owner starts at 4 minutes.

https://youtu.be/F2yDfXrQ6Es
>>
>>9385457
oh wow
>>
>>9385469
He's a clinical psycho. They're more worried that he's going to show up to hurt someone.
>>
>>9385457
he sounds like the actor who plays mason verger in the hannibal series
>>
AM schedule just dropped. Seems kind of meh to me. Judge for yourselves.

https://animematsuri2017.sched.com
>>
>>9385743

Holy shit the amount of Homestuck panels.

Programming is mostly in character panels and cosplay workshops. Did people just not want to do panels and this is just bottom of the barrel or what?
>>
>>9386027
This is typical AM. Guest programming mixed with shit panels. So you want to do something else besides going to guest panels? Sucks to be you.

That'll be $75.
>>
>>9385404
Who is this
>>
>>9385457
tfw you realize that guy comes into the store you buy comics at all the time. Holy crap.
>>
>>9387010
You should really warn the store owner about his past history. Theres a reason why he isnt welcomed at alot of places.
>>
texas why the fuck do all the flights to you cost so much goddamn
>>
>>9387210
What city are you trying to fly to? It's super cheap to fly out. Just don't wait 3 weeks out to buy a ticket.
>>
>>9387210
Try flying in from the Lovefield airport instead of the DFW one if you're going to Dallas. I don't live in Houston, so I don't have travel lifehacks for that part of Texas. Sorry!
>>
>>9387238
SFO->HOU area
I've been monitoring flight prices for the last month and a half and they've climbed slightly up. $450-500 is way out of range of what I want to pay so I'm probably just going to skip AM
>>
>>9387250
The problem is SFO, not Texas.

Skiplagged found flights for under $400 but only if you fly out on Monday.

Google Flights shows flights under $400 but it is with Frontier. Unless you bring a tiny bag the fees will be nearly the same cost as a legacy airline ticket.
>>
>>9387305
$363, SJC, Thursday-Monday. Non-Stop Direct Flight.

Always check nearby airports.
>>
>>9386980
Ayn-Chan/Liesl Luxe/Queenie Cosplay
>>
>>9387250
Just a heads up, Southwest doesn't usually pop up on travel websites so you'll have to check their website. Just found a round trip with them from SFO to HOU for $366 for Thurs-Mon.
>>
>>9387306
>>9388187
I thought about those but I'd have to take extra unpaid leave so it'd effectively still be spending the same. Looks like it's just not meant to be
>>
>>9388065
Isn't that the luxe dolls Pluto who got booted and started all that drama?
>>
>>9388382
Yes
>>
>>9388382
Jesus Christ is it really? I only know about that Saturn that's allegedly snotty and bitchy. I heard Afest hired her as a PR person, waiting to see that crash and burn.
>>
>>9388740
that Saturn is not even CLOSE to short orange Pluto in the crazy bitch scale. Stay far away from "Queenie". She'll cause more drama again and just change her name to avoid fallout from the storm she created herself again.
>>
>>9388740
I think Saturn is laying low and cleaning up her act from what it seems. I don't think she is that big of a problem in the community. Queenie is the one you should worry about with mind-games, bullying, ripping people off, stealing, claiming full credit on things she did not make herself, in fact she never gives credit to anyone.
>>
most panel acceptance letters went out for A-Kon this past week
>>
>>9389518

Maybe. I'm not sure if they are done with all the accepts or declines. I had an accept two weeks ago then got another today so if you haven't heard back yet I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>9385404
vendetta much?
>>
>>9389606
Yeah, I got mine accepted but still haven't heard back about one of them but I'm not concerned about it at this point.
>>
File: r32.jpg (18KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
r32.jpg
18KB, 377x377px
>>9389518
>>9389606
>>9389730
>tfw haven't heard shit yet
>>
>>9389518
>>9389606
>>9389730

It said on the old website they will send acceptance until the end of March.
>>
>>9385743
>the three love live panels
>>
Does anyone have photographers they recommend in the Austin area? I joined some FB groups online to see the community, and desu the groups seem kinda...dead.
>>
>>9388740

Oh look, Cosmic Coterie stirring up drama again. Biggest drama queens in the Texas cosplay community, wonder who else they'll try to dictate for everyone to hate next?
>>
>>9388760

Comic Coterie, no one cares about you or your hack-ass cosplay. Take your drama somewhere else.
>>
>>9389984
Who the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>9388760

Ironic considering Liesl/Queenie/whoever made the costumes that they take credit for making. Nice work Cosmic Coterie *slow clap*
>>
>>9385673
I can't unhear this, holy shit.
>>
>>9379633
If you're talking about the Hilton that is connected to the convention center through the skyline, then its a bit cramped for 10 people. (I've stayed at that one before)

I doubt you will get a noise complaint if it's that hotel because I've screamed like i was going super saiyan in the bathroom while taking a shit. Avoid taco bell.
>>
>>9390035
oh man i laughed way harder than i should
i've been there, minus the yelling
>>
>>9390018
Hi Queenie
>>
>>9390178
Hi Alyson
>>
>>9385404
I keep seeing her work pop up in threads but I don't really get why she is hated on. Don't be jealous, anon. You could be great too, but you choose to be petty. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
>>
File: ss.png (2MB, 1864x1166px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
2MB, 1864x1166px
>>9390178

Nope, just a casual observer. Can't help but notice this on her IG. She used to be in all of their "in progress" pics too.
>>
>>9390213
Looked at their in progress pics, looks like more than just her did significant work, anon
>>
File: Card.jpg (69KB, 922x591px) Image search: [Google]
Card.jpg
69KB, 922x591px
>>9390213
>>9390412
Noticed this too
>>
Luxe Dolls go somewhere else to start up drama, this is the third or fourth thread you've ruined. This is obviously you guys here. All of you fat, talentless has beens come here to see if anyone cares to mention you and if no one does you come here and start drama yourselves. Get over yourselves. Everyone knows your group can't stay out of drama, it's pathetic.
>>
>>9390421

Oh look it's their Saturn again, trying to white knight the group lol
>>
>>9390768
But every TX thread needs to have Luxe or AM drama. Stefan is shooting fish in the barrel. What else is there to talk about?
>>
>>9390412

No telling who else they edited out or don't credit for making their costumes. Everyone knows that those girls can't sew to save their lives.
>>
>>9390421

Noticeably much more recent
>>
>>9390421

What a fail, Luxe Dolls. Trying to cover up your lying, manipulative ways.
>>
Boring drama is boring. What cons are coming up? How's everyone doing?
>>
No wonder that group keeps losing members. They are bullies and must be a nightmare to be around.
>>
>>9375538
>>9391278
Working there this year, trying to figure out how I'm going to buy my boyfriend's pass, though. Also, totally wish I had a hotel.
>>
How come AM is still a thing? I thought everyone would boycott it now.
>>
>>9391893
the only people boycotting it are a few people on cgl and lolitas
both of which are very small minorities
>>
>>9391909
Ok, I understand not the whole convention would die only because of what happened but it's sad to see the tea parties and fashion shows are still up.
>>
>>9391909
Most of the artists are boycotting it too, apparently John's harassed a few of them in the artist alley too.
>>
>>9391893
>everyone
Nah
Most congoers don't actually care what happens behind the scenes.
>>
>>9391893
Normies don't care, but their numbers definitely took a hit last year.
>>
>>9392669
We'll know what that hit was as Anime Matsuri likes to make up attendance numbers. It's Whose Line Is It Anime Matsuri? where the ethics of the staff are made up and the announced attendance numbers don't matter.
>>
desu as a congoer as long as they get good guests i don't really care. hell if i wasn't on /cgl/ i wouldn't even know about what has gone down in the past.
>>
So Akon is going to charge $70 for a day pass this year. I would buy your full badge while is uhhhh as cheap as it's going to get I guess.
>>
>>9392845
Deets on this info. And holy shit.
>>
>>9392845
Not even AX is that expensive who gets a fuck ton of better guests. AM now seems like a bargain who has a stellar guest list.
>>
>>9392877

Posted in the Facebook group when someone asked about buying a one day pass
>>
>>9392901
Found it anon.

Thursday is $40
Friday $70
Sat $70
Sunday $40

Haha what a giant fuck you to their attendees. Last year it was $50 for a day pass, $78 at door. Guess the rumor that it'll be $85+ at door is true.
>>
it's a ploy to get you to buy the weekend pass much like what Fanime does
>>
>>9392915

Maybe but it would be nice have known
There's nothing on the website about it
>>
>>9392901
A-Kon announces yet another steampunk guest. A-Kon doesn't care.
>>
>>9392938
They long stopped posting that info on the website until after pre-reg closed. If you stay on the fence you pay way too much.
>>
>>9392910
LOL glad I got free panelists badges fuck
>>
>>9393995
I thought the Artist Alley badges were expensive ($300 for two people and a table) but I guess everything worked out in the end.
>>
>>9393995
Are they still accepting panel submissions? Not sure if it's just because I'm on mobile but I can't find a page for it.
>>
>>9394222

They closed in February
>>
>>9394222
Is this a joke? There were only 10000 different posts about the panel submission dates. No they're not still accepting submissions.
>>
Damn, those badge prices. If my friends weren't doing contest this year, I would totally ghost. Do you think they're ever going to get stricter on checking badges?
>>
>>9394375
Actually I think this might be the easiest year to ghost in a long time. A-Kon has done paper badges for normal attendees (people who aren't guests, artists, panelists, or charity donors) the past couple of years. That alone makes it very easy to ghost if you've got a scanner and a pal. This year, the convention will be spread across a giant convention center AND four other hotels. You might not be able to get into panels, but you won't have a problem getting into the dealer's room or the artist alley. You should definitely be able to walk around. It's been easy to sneak into the cosplay show for years now since everyone rushes in at once to try and get a good seat.

tl;dr- You won't have a problem.
>>
>>9394458
the problem with me is i get way too nervous and its just super obvious if i go into artist alley w/o a badge. i guess the only time i got into something i technically wasn't supposed to be was cosplay repair two years ago. it was so weird because i don't remember them ever checking badges there but when i went back they did.

another weird thing is that i actually got into the contest last year. like, i had a badge, but usually they're over capacity and i don't want to wait in line. there was a good like six empty rows last year and i was so confused
>>
>>9394375
>>9394458

It's in a convention center. Those are very easy to check at one point unlike a hotel where you have to check every room. I think it will be harder this year.
>>
>>9394243
Bummer, thanks!

>>9394262
No need to be a jerk about it. Some of us don't have the luxury of checking threads/obsessing over con stuff 24/7.
>>
>>9394782
Yeah but you could have checked a few months ago, like "I'm thinking I want to host a panel, let me see when their deadline is" instead of "I want a free badge now that they're pricy, let me ask a dumb question". Different anon than the others but you irritated me into replying, thx
>>
>>9394782
>Some of us don't have the luxury of checking threads/obsessing over con stuff 24/7.
You don't have to check 24/7. You don't even have to check every week. Next time don't be such a lazy shit.
>>
so who's that scary bitch that keeps spamming the matsuri group with her over filtered selfies?
>>
>>9395084
Holy shit i just posted about her in the AM thread LOL
>>
>>9394737
see, that's what i thought.
>>
Well it the badge price for Akon is too high (and it is) there's always volunteering? Depending on the staff it's pretty easy work and you can get free hotel room so there's that.
>>
Anyone from El Paso here? I plan on going to the El Paso Con next month. I have never been to a con before. Anyone have experiences?
>>
File: neat.png (650KB, 480x756px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
650KB, 480x756px
A-Kon got an actual guest.
>>
>>9398207
You mean inviting everyone from Funimation to come on over, one European cosplayer, Steampunk bands, and a no-name Japanese band doesn't count?
>>
>>9398408
As much as I love the Funimation people and their "fuck this shit con" attitude, we can't count them.
>>
Anyone got a room available for Matsuri? All the hotels are mostly booked so need to find one.
>>
>>9398408

And this is why people are going to ghost the con. The guest list is pathetic. Why but a badge for shit guests and concerts no one cares about?

They have an arena this year. How hard is it to book a decent band?
>>
>>9398207
Oh wow, a [lolita] guest that maybe 10% of all con-goers give a shit about, I sure want to buy that $70 badge now.
>>
>>9398577
I would estimate less than 1% anon.
>>
>>9398562
Cons half the size of A-kon have managed to get better guests. Wonder what is A-kon excuse.
>>
>>9398673

And cons around the same size also blow akons guest list out of the water every year. I just don't understand how or why they ignore what attendees want.
>>
>>9398633
I was trying to be generous but I suspect your guess is much more accurate.
>>
>>9394458
Pro-tip from someone who knows the layout and where they're going to be putting security:

For the cosplay contest and concerts, there will be badge checkers at every entrance. You should be clear for Dealer's and AA.
>>
>>9398695
Easy: the owners only care about their interests and not congoers. That's the reason they have steampunk guests every year when steampunk has been dead for god knows how long.

Staff rumors are this: Since A-Kon has a real stage and arena now, they plan to book someone big for next year. This year was thrown together because of the Hilton drama and new location.
>>
>>9399372
With Hilton even kicking out Quakecon the management there must have been major assholes.
>>
>>9399407
The Anatole is one of the snottiest hotel is all DFW, I'm surprised AKon was able to convince them to let them have the con there in the first place.Either way good riddance, the parking sucked, the food sucked and the rooms were too expensive for what they were.
>>
>>9399444
They were signed on for up to 7 years. They didn't make it past 4.
>>
>>9399372
Who was it going to be? Let me guess, I bet it was FLOW since cgl keep shitting themselves over the last time they came to Texas.
>>
Can we get some backstory on the Hilton drama? I know something happened, just not what.
>>
>>9399452
I know, and?
>>
Any 806 Amarillo people here?
>>
>>9400104
Shitty attendees fucking things up.

>>9400098
If you read the cgl archives you'd know.
>>
>>9400187
>Shitty attendees fucking things up.
I'm well aware of all the shit they pulled, I was standing 20 feet away when people were hanging off the Berlin Wall piece for stupid photographs in fact. What was said in response to my post had nothing to do with how on earth AKon was able to get the Anatole to think having an anime con at their hotel was ok in the first place.
>>
>>9400187
>If you read the cgl archives you'd know.
I didn't even realize the issue had been brought up before. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>9400397
Of course it has been brought up after a con, originally signed through 2019, is asked to leave the largest hotel in Dallas. A-Kon claims that they got too big but they've shown after over-crowding at the Sheraton that they'll stay at a hotel as long as they can.
>>
>>9400060
Flow will never come back after the shit people pulled.
>>
>>9401582

I don't know what gave you that idea anon
>>
A-Kon posted a video of them at the Omni. I counted one supportive comment. Everyone else is bitching (and rightfully so) about the con's many flaws.
>>
>>9402001

Where do you see these posts? I want to see the glorious bitching
>>
>>9402075
The post updates on it's Facebook Page or the shitastic official group. Look there first before asking.
>>
That annoying snotty saturn from the sailor moon group got approved for a "crossplay" panel and im wondering why she even thought about that type of panel. She only cosplays the cutesy females and when she does males they all look like lesbians when shes done. I dont know, i wish someone more experienced in genderbends/crossplay had applied. Another girl is running it with her but i dont know her to have done anything but the "fancanon gay" character and moe moe females also.
>>
>>9402898
Because the Mars is decent at looking like a boy sometimes.
>>
>>9402898

Did they not have anyone more qualified or experienced they could have asked to run it?
>>
>>9401582
Wasn't FLOW at Animefest and not A-kon anyways?
>>
>>9403530

Yes. A-Kon hasn't had a decent or known band in years. It's all vkei no name bands. They very rarely bring in anyone known or related to anime or even jpop.
>>
>>9403197
Well, its saturn, so she probably wants the attention.
>>
Anyone have any idea where all of this drama surrounding the virgin killer sweaters originated?

nobody will shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>9403816
Drama?
All I know is that it's Keyhole Sweater pt. 2

And there's a meetup for it at AM for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>9403816
Yeah what drama? The only drama i've seen is underages being upset they cant attend and people screaming that its a family convention and kids shouldn't be exposed to this.
>>
>>9404015
>>9403861

It's mainly people in the San Antonio and Houston cosplay scene it seems. Someone made a post saying the Virgin Killer sweaters were lazy, slutty, and over done and a bunch of people made posts regarding it.

I can't seem to find the source of it myself it just looks like a bunch of people singing the VKS sweaters praises and complaining about imaginary ppl complaining.

I think it might have been AM related?
>>
>>9388740
Why the fuck would they hire her on for anything?
>>
>>9404142
I've been asking that since I saw the announcement. She gets to be in charge of things too.
>>
>>9404088
Or ya know, people just bitching as usual and it has nothing to do with a cons. Nice try at starting a new subject up, though.
>>
>>9402898

I s2g every Texas thread someone has to bring up the saturn who gives a fuck
>>
>>9404671
I'm half convinced it's Saturn herself.
>pic related
>>
File: wat in texation.jpg (36KB, 509x195px) Image search: [Google]
wat in texation.jpg
36KB, 509x195px
Context tells me this happened recently at a con in Texas, but she's not giving any other deets? Anyone know what this is about?
>>
>>9404866
It would be really helpful if you'd actually include who the fuck this was, dumbass. I'm not scrolling through my entire friendslist just to find one status.
>>
>>9404675
She and Stefan would make a good pair in that department.
>>
>>9405106
yeah because naming names is totally a good idea
here's a hint, she just announced that she's performing at matsuri this year.
>>
>>9404866
>>9405106
>>9405118
This has nothing to do with Matsuri, cosplay, or anything in Texas.
>>
>>9405118
So...you want personal details, yet it's bad for me to just ask for a name? Fuck off.
>>
>>9404675
or Saturn just has a ton of people who hate her and can't contain themselves from talking about her on cgl
>>
File: Capture.png (174KB, 502x607px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
174KB, 502x607px
So when are cons going to stop wasting panel space on her?
>>
>>9405790
Hey Stefan, sorry you're still butthurt that she beat you at AM Idol but it was a fair win. Plus, she's cute and you're not sooo maybe get over yourself lol
>>
>>9405790
I knew you were fake about liking her Stefan. The moment you gave her a pet name and tried looking buddy buddy with her, i just fucking knew.
>>
>>9405790
Never. She persistently antagonizes cons to let her perform. She thinks she's a real J-Idol. She is crazy.
>>
>>9405810
Proof she has been antagonizng cons? Cons sometimes invite her. Plus she just submits a panel like eveyone else. Shes definetly alot better to look and hear versus love live groups. Why so butthurt??
>>
>>9405810
It's funny because she doesn't antagonize at all. She self-promotes, which is in no way the same thing unless you can't take a hint and back off when people are clearly not interested.
>>
>>9405790

At most she sends an email to cons with her info to be booked. Which is exactly what a lot of cosplayers do who want to be convention guests. In fact that is what most guests in general do, spam the hell out of whoever is in charge of guest relations. Though I'm pretty sure she submits through whatever conventions setup for panels too.

I have met her before and the girl is stupid polite. I don't think she will make it to Japan by any stretch due to how Japan IS, but I will give her credit for trying. At least she actually sings rather than just lip syncs like the million "idol" groups do.
>>
>>9405794
>>9405808
I don't know who Stefan is but i'm sorry you think she's actually talented.
>>
>>9405940

If you're that hung up on it you could always try yourself? I don't really care what she does if I don't want to hear her I won't go to her concert or whatever.
>>
>>9405940
So did she or someone else crush your weeby aidoru dreams? There are so much worse wannabe aidorus out there, too.
>>
>>9405951
this, there's literally zero reason to be butthurt about something like this unless she's pressing on a really tender nerve and it's v obvious you have one anon
>>
>>9405279
Probably both but she's also no stranger to cgl. I can see her starting her own fire and letting others burn the drama house.
>>
>>9406103

If she's no stranger it's because people or person keeps dragging her in for whatever reason.
>>
Is Animefest no longer booking musical guests? The concerts were usually what I would look forward to most at the con but there wasn't anything last year and there's no sign of anything this year.
>>
>>9406866
They went on record that after FLOW they were not bringing any oversea guests ever again. No one believed it. They've stuck to their word.
>>
>>9407322
Oversea music guests I mean. If you want to cream your panties over mangakas and directors that's who they're bringing out.
>>
>>9407322
>>9407324
Was there a reason why? Just financial?
>>
>>9407324
I mean, they are called animefest. Plus it should be cheaper.
>>
>>9402898

Or at least someone with more than 4 or 5 costumes under their belts? None of which she's ever made herself? Saturn is just a run of the mill fame whore with no real experience.
>>
>>9407337

Just like the rest of her Sailor Moon group. Fitting!
>>
>>9407329
Cheaper to bring over an artist or director vs a band that is. Less people means less flights, less hotels, etc.
>>
You are all wonderful people
>>
>>9390779
Could always talk about how Stefan (Mid 20s) lost his teaching job within a week, after the school got word of his relationship with a 16 year old girl and the fact he was gonna teach the kids japanese because he wanted to raise weebs
>>
When's Third Strike?
>>
>>9408773
you need to leave
>>
>>9408768
So yeah, nothing to talk about.
>>
>>9409144
Sorry Stefan, your actions are not and were not harmless or well-intended. People are going to talk about it.
>>
>>9409148
OK anon. Call me when there's something to talk about that isn't Stefan or John/Deniece.
>>
>>9409152
No one's gonna call you because no one wants your number Stefan.
>>
>>9408773
hey radio
>>
Hey anons, I will be in Dallas next week and im wondering what fun weeaboo/lolita shit I can look forward too?

Anything happening? Any stores? Anything at all?
>>
>>9409689
There aren't really any cons in Dallas aside from A-Kon and Anime Fest. We do have two Kinokuniyas and two or three Daiso locations at least. Lots of good food options, too. No lolita unless you could Innocent World/Angelic Pretty mooks+freebie gifts at Kinokuniya.
>>
>>9409690
Good enough for me, I didnt figure any cons would probably be happening at least.

Thanks though! Any food places you might recommend?
>>
>>9409689
Fan Expo Dallas is next weekend, it's a comic con in DFW.
>>
>>9409695
Korean BBQ: Gen Korean BBQ (right next to Daiso and Kinoknuiya- they're all in one shopping center)
Sushi: Uchi. Uchi is the shit. You're going to wait in line for an hour if you don't make a reservation, though.
Boba tea: Fruitealicious is pretty good and they have multiple locations. Honestly so many good boba tea places have popped up in the last few years. Most places are a safe bet these days.
Not weeb food: Gemma. It's near to Northpark Center and the shops at Highland Park (where you can find the very overrated Sprinkles Cupcakes) if you want to do some luxury shopping.
>>
Piggybacking off of >>9409703, as I eat a lot in Carrollton.
Kbbq: Omi and Gui-Rock are so much better than Gen in my opinion. Service is wonky at Gen, especially on weekends. Gui usually requires a reservation but Omi is great.
Chicken: Gang Jung is amazing, looks like a hole in the wall next to the 7/11, tastes amazing. Ddong ggo is also pretty good, but really syrupy soju drinks.
Ramen: Hanabi. Fight me.
Another cool place is just LA burger, has better kimchi fries than the Ssahm food truck (which isn't saying much but I like Ssahm's fries).

Pastries: Cafe Brown Sugar or 85c. Brown Sugar has amazing honey toast and taiyaki. 85c has mostly breads, really good mousse things, cakes not so much, drinks are good but not The Best.

Teas: Wow if you want the cotton candy boba experience, Escapé (inside hmart) if you want it really sweet (not a large selection), Kung fu tea if you want something fruity, or Mozart if you want something a bit lighter in terms of taste (also has same pasties as cafe brown sugar) and best served hot. Brown sugar also has similar teas to mozart, but not as wide a selection, good for cold drinks.
>>
>>9409740
I love this area. Lots to eat and lots of places to shop for weeb goodies.
>>
File: Kiryu.jpg (49KB, 555x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kiryu.jpg
49KB, 555x250px
>>9408773
When you actually play a good game of 3rd strike.
>>
>>9410060
Same. I go near weekly just to buy pointless things at Daisy and gain weight.
>>
>>9410214
*Daiso. Thanks, autocorrect.
>>
>>9409690
Cosplay and Charm has some Taobao Lolita stuff!
>>
When's puyo pop?
>>
>>9410346
Fuck outta here with that dr robotnik mean machine rip off
>>
>>9410418
Fuck outta here and plae in a real man's game like diamond mine.
>>
>>9409695
There's also H-Mart Plano, off K Ave and Parker. There's a Mozart in the area, a kbbq place outside (I've never been but I've been told it's good), and inside H-Mart there are also 3-4 different little restaurants and they're all delicious.

Then if you go near the Jusgo, off Legacy near Central Expy, there's the Plano location for Kula sushi, you'll find Mitsuwa, Cosplay n Charm, Yama Sushi (which is amazing and also open until 2am!), and a crepe shop and bakery inside Jusgo.

Plano has two or three little hububs building up, which is fine by me because it means you can actually find parking.
>>
>>9410929
And don't forget the daiso on spring Creek by the ranch99
>>
>>9410982
I haven't been there in forever! Has anything else been built up by that one?
>>
>>9396573
Scams, locals are oblivious. Sabaku in NM is worth the 4 hour drive. Otherwise look at central TX/AZ.
>>
>tfw A-Kon is in a little over two months and I still haven't done shit
SHIT. I'm in my last semester. Obviously I'm not sacrificing my degree for cosplay, but I'm really cutting it close this year. I just have a few more weeks to go.
>>
File: x2kss.jpg (29KB, 415x300px) Image search: [Google]
x2kss.jpg
29KB, 415x300px
To those who went to Fan Expo Dallas.
>>
Reynosa fag here, who is going to STCC at the end of the month?
>>
>>9418347
Anon I am in the exact same situation. This is hopefully my last semester but all I can think about it finding time to work on cosplays. I just need to pass one more class for my degree.
>>
>>9418580
yo what happen?
>>
anyone know roughly how many superpasses AM sells?
>>
>>9420020
con was way overbooked, crowds were worse than san diego because of poor layout/prior planning. most (~75%) of the people who tried to get autographs from norman reedus, jeffrey dean morgan, and a few others were unable to do so because of extra tight scheduling for the actors and most photo ops with the two walking dead guys were refunded because they had to fly to LA Saturday night. Check their FB page for all of the really angry comments, it's insane
>>
so with the virgin killer trend going around, have there actually been any good local cosplayers doing it? every1 i see is a landwhale trying to feel better about themselves
>>
>>9421402

There's a virgin killer sweater event at Matsuri. You will probably see a lot more after that
>>
>>9421402
From what I've seen on the Facebook group, there's going to be plenty of sexy bitches there.
>>
I miss SGC, I'm a UK fag who used to fly out for SGC in Dallas. Those were the amazing days.
>>
File: 20170330_021112.png (4MB, 1106x1962px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_021112.png
4MB, 1106x1962px
>>9421402
I dont know, see for yourself. All i have seen are landwhales.
>>
>>9421956
The SGC @ RTX failed? Not coming back for 2017?
>>
>>9421956
Same man,it was my first real conversation and I have fond memories of it.
I had lots of fun playing on that custom arcade cabinet everyone drew on one year.
>>
>>9422206
I was there for that SGC I signed it to!>>9422195
I haven't made it out to the RTX version of SGC it kinda bummed me out. However no it's not coming back they've said it'll be SGC in spirit but called something else, RTX after dark or something.

If you guys ever saw me at SGC I was the guy dubbed England haha
>>
Has anyone ever had a volunteer badge? Not shown up for work? I'm sorry, but five dollars per work hour is bullshit.
>>
>>9422333
Sort of. I can tell you that it does happen because every year I buy no show passes off of Craigslist (con is A-Kon for the curious). It really is a ripoff. No wonder volunteers are always mad.
>>
>>9422333

Depends on your staff. Free crash space for multiple nights and a badge isn't bad. I think it depends on what staff you end up on. Some are better than others. If you can on one of the smaller or specialized staffs it's kind of worth it. Usually less hours but still get perks.
>>
>>9422383
Well, I had a friend that volunteered for them and he said that they act like assholes that own you, and that there's generally like, 12 neckbeards per room.
>>
>>9422400
That sounds like volunteering at every con ever, yup. I think I volunteered at my first convention when I was something like 15 or 16. Never. Again. There are so many ways to get passes on a budget or even for free. I'm never subjecting myself to that again.
>>
>>9422404
I'm genuinely curious, how did you get free badges? I have to get badges for 6 people and they are not thrilled at the 85 per badge. The "A-Kon is 4 days now uwu" pisses me the fuck off, they have always had thursday.
>>
>>9409740
>>9409703

I think 99 Ranch does some of their pastries better than 85c for a little less and hardly any wait. Their roll cakes are definitely superior.

If you want shaved ice: Snow Factory is the fluffiest I've found.

Snowflake Cafe in Richardson has an array of desserts you might find in Hong Kong like those pop eggy waffles. They even ship in their crepe cake from Lady M.

There's also 9 Rabbits now in old Ktown that is a local Korean cafe that has their own pastry chef.

Oh Gamja is the best Korean barbecue I've had, including the times I've been to NYC. It's a bit pricier but the experience is amazing.
>>9409695
In general Dallas is an international city with micro communities scattered through out the metro. There are a ton of off the beaten path restaurants if you're curious about trying international cuisine you may not be able to find at home.

We have decent:
Sichuan
Middle Eastern (different regions including an Iraqi bakery with homemade baklavas and a few markets)
Southern Indian (Udipi is my hands down favorite. Dinner and buffet are great)
Mexican style tacos (El Si Hay and La Banqueta)
Vietnamese (Go to Pho Bac or La Me. Skip Bistro B.)
Burgers
Pizza
Mediterranean
Kula is really fun for sushi and they go through their sushi so quickly, it doesn't get a chance to get funky.
Bishop Arts and Deep Ellum and West Village and the Arts District are fun to walk around with all kinds of different vibes.
Ascension or Cultivar or Houndstooth for coffee
Shop Minoya in Plano is a legit Japanese convenience store like you'd find in Japan.
Lula B's and Curiosities and Dolly Python are fun antique/resell shops to explore.
Chicken House and Ttottowa for fried chicken.

If anyone has Dallas questions I'm like a walking tour guide.
>>
Going to AM which will be my first con. I want to see what the fuss is about.
>>
>>9422469
Besides volunteering you can host panels, but submissions are closed for this year. Sometimes they put a groupon up closer to the con.
>>
>>9422469

Not really. They would have like one event Thursday night. I believe it's an actual full day this year. Like Afest having that Monday
>>
>>9422400

Sounds like a bad experience and bad staff heads.

I don't know about room stuffing since I volunteer on a smaller staff and that has never been the case in my experience. Security or general volunteer might have that problem though but I don't think so?
>>
>>9375538

I'm going to AM then Akon after that
>>
>>9385743
>https://animematsuri2017.sched.com

Anime Trivia I'll look need to look at that and see if its anything like Akon's Anime Jeopardy
>>
Do Lolita's still go to AM?
>>
>>9422824

Don't know I never really bothered with the whole lolita thing

I had a boss that used to sell stuff at AM, but they managed to find a way to screw over vendors

that's the only thing I know
>>
>>9422824
yes, but not nearly as many as it used to be. Only a small group happily supports them now.
>>
>>9422824
Most stay away in fear of getting their morals questioned. Other's either don't know or don't give two shits.
>>
>>9422827
Then why bother posting?
>>
I'm new to cons but what's wrong with AM? Did anyone have a bad experience?
>>
>>9423332
Are you new to cons or 4Chan in general? We have an archive. Use it and stop shitting the thread up, you lazy bitch.
>>
>>9423335
New to cons not 4chan. I forgot how much of a bunch entitled elitist cgl was. And I'm not going to waist my time in the archive sifting though ancient posts.
>>
>>9423321
Most Texas Lolitas avoid AM like the plague. They've resorted to recruiting cosplayers for most of their events
>>
>>9422824
Hopefully not and they stay the fuck away.
>>
Okay googled AM controversy and I see where alot of people are coming from. I've waisted 70 bucks on tickets and have booked a hotel so I have no choice but to go. If I see some shaddy shit or sexual harassment I will get that shit on video.
>>
>>9423416
You generally won't unless you're involved with staff or the guests
>>
>>9423416
A lot of it is inner relations stuff that most attendees won't be able to see. But feel free to report how the con went. AM is also known for being a shitshow with organization since the con heads fuck around instead of planning and are difficult af to work with.
>>
>>9423670
Oh my god what the fuck, why is it always homestucks that do this autistic shit
>>
>>9423684
With my shit sense of direction I will be bound to stumble onto something.

>>9423693
Yeah I've read about how they treat foreign guests and shit. I'll be on cgl durring the days and report on how the con is going.

Also who is the worst VA anyone has ever met as there will be a few there but mostly female seiyuu's are going to be present.
>>
>>9423405
Hi Stefan! Lost any more jobs lately?
>>
>>9423670
And I was feeling self conscious about my Junkrat arm lmao
>>
>>9423736
>Also who is the worst VA anyone has ever met
The only true answer is the Texas con favorite, Zing Mcboopbop.
>>
>>9423405
This. Houston Lolitas have to be the cancer of Texas lolitas. Not even San Antonio lolitas come close to having the reputation Houston lolitas have.
>>
>>9423925
Wait whats wrong with San Antonio lolitas?
>>
>>9423822
And he is a guest. So I will avoid him like the plaque if possible.
>>
>>9422824
I do and I go with a group of about 20 lolitas
>>
>>9424032
literally nothing, anon is talking out of their ass
>>
>>9424032
They're just trashy and cheap. None of them have any social media presence or clout in the community. San Antonio girls look pathetic next to the other big-city Texas comms.
>>
I hear Huston has a ton of crazies in their lolita comm
>>
>>9424177
Surely they can't be as bad as the ATX comm?
>>
>>9424177
Assuming you need to have social media presence to be a Lolita
SATX is just quiet but they have a few good meets a year. They don't discuss a lot but they're not a bad comm by any means, they're just not very active.

>>9424217
ATX is just virtually nonexistent since half the comm gave up or retired after graduating. There's still a few of the older ones left that host meets but it's few and far between. Doesn't help that the older ones are older and have more things to do.
>>
>>9424177
Isn't SATX a fairly new comm though? That's about the only "bad" thing I've ever noticed about them.
>>
>>9422592
>Snowflake Cafe in Richardson
I live right near here. Hello local Dallas foodie.
>>
>>9424054
>avoid him like the plaque
don't forget to brush and floss
>>
>>9409690
you forgot:
>allcon
>that one con in addison everyone has heard of but always forgets
>>
>>9423925
>>9424177
Fuck off you salty edgelord and stop generalizing entire comms based off of individuals or insignificant attributes.
>>
>>9425140
Who the fuck even still goes to allcon
>>
>>9424584
We don't do anything out of the ordinary and we have zero drama, I'm not sure where anon is coming from with these claims. Everyone in our comm gets along. A better comparison would be Houston and Dallas, and Dallas runs their comm very smoothly from what I can tell. Houston is a sad display of what it's like when organizers and mods are petty.
>>
>>9425718
Literally never heard of this con.
>>
>>9424178
houston has a ton of crazies in their cosplay comm too
>>
does accc have a costume contest?
>>
>>9425718

Old people and their spawn
>>
>>9426009
It does but good fucking luck getting into it, it's a clusterfuck every year and you need to sign up online before the con, and I know people say other large con's cosplay shows are a clusterfuck but ACCC gives it a whole new meaning.
>>
>>9422592
For other good Vietnamese I do recommend I Luv Pho over in Irving. Small drive from Dallas but honestly I've not had better pho or shrimp rolls anywhere else.

For burgers, find the nearest Twisted Root. There's about a dozen or so in DFW, so shouldn't be hard to find one.

If you go to Deep Ellum, and are out around lunchtime, go to Pecan Lodge. That's about as traditional BBQ as you can get without being insane and going to Franklin's (and showing up two hours early).

You can also walk a few blocks over near Klyde Warren and try Tei-An for some more fancy Japanese. Only been there once but it was amazingly good, the curry rice was fucking amazing.
>>
Has anyone noticed the crazy amount of puffy ami yumi spam on the Akon pages? It's driving me crazy
>>
>>9426338

It drives a lot of people crazy.
>>
>>9426338
They're not even going to be at the con. It's just completely unrelated. At first I was excited because I thought the con got an actual musical guest, but then I read the announcements again. Now I'm just butthurt.
>>
Went to the two Vic pannels out of curiosity. Went to the first just for Romi Park that alone was worth it.
>>
>>9425140
I went one year. Maybe 2015? Only for a day, though. I didn't think it was that bad from what I was able to take in.
>>
>>9425781
That is pure bullshit. Nothing but drama associated with San Antonio cosplay and lolita.

Who will you decide to gaslight this year? Someone new this time or an old favorite?
>>
>>9426736
Tell me how they hurt you anon
>>
>>9426736
Anyone else completely numb to the word gaslight at this point?
>>
>>9426446
Afest and a-kon both are. I'm guessing they're not making ticket sales.
>>
>>9426162
I keep looking for it online, do they post applications right before the con itself?
>>
>>9426736
who are you even talking about at this point, let it go anon
>>
>applied for Akon volunteer
>getting second thoughts, get email about me getting more hours
>realize Tekken 7 tournament at Akon
what are some good times to go?
>>
>>9431278
Anon, don't volunteer ever and ESPECIALLY don't volunteer at A-Kon. You're making like $5 an hour to be treated like a slave.
>>
>>9431807
than what should I do?
it's not in Dallas so I HAVE to get a hotel, and some of my friends don't plan on going
>>
>>9431878

Ignore the anon. You can volunteer for Akon and not have a bad time. Just try to get yourself on a good staff instead a general volunteer. Less hours on many of the specialty staffs and you still get badge and room.
>>
>>9431922
How do I do that? Thinking of just working all Thursday since its a dead day and maybe Friday morning
>>
>>9432037

When you sign up put what staffs you like or anything you specialize in. If you like panels ask to be in programming, or gaming if that's your thing.

If you want to try to get hours mostly on Thursday or Friday try for load-in/load-out staff.

You can try asking in Facebook group and see if any staffs are looking for help specifically too.
>>
>>9429665
Well they used to have a link on their website but I cant even find their website atm. One year the sign up went up the week of the con, it varies all over the place. You might be better off asking them directly on their facebook since their site is down.
>>
>>9432235
thanks senpai, see you on the floor
>>
AM is over, so what's next in Texas cons??
>>
>>9434415
Next big one is A-Kon. A little less than 2 months away.
>>
>>9434415
A-Kon is next. I'm still not sure what I want to do for my room situation. I usually just drive back and forth to the con because I also live in the Dallas area. It's a waste to get a hotel room when you're 20 minutes away. Now the con is in Fort Worth, but they're SUPPOSED to have the rail line going. If that's the case, I really don't mind using the DART, but the con hasn't given any information regarding that. What are the hours, for example? I don't know if I should get a hotel room or not this year. I usually go to cons on my lonesome. The rooms are all sold out by this point. I'd have to room with a random on Facebook most likely. What would you guys do?
>>
Dreamhack, anyone?
>>
>>9434456
there's a rail line? isn't getting to and from there like 4 hours than?
>>
>>9435471
Is that really how long the TRE takes? See, this is exactly the type of information the con should be putting out. We have a little under two months before the con and all A-Kon can do is promo events that aren't even at the convention.
>>
>>9435471
Trinity Railway Express between Fort Worth & Dallas is like an hour but it doesn't run on Sundays if I recall correctly.
>>
http://a-kon.com/cosplay-contest/

The deadline for the A-Kon cosplay contest is today in case anyone here is just THAT much of a procrastinator.
>>
>>9435480
>>9435481
The TRE will have extended Sunday service during the con.

And it only takes an hour from Dallas to Fort Worth via TRE.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.