[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifestyle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

I'm depressed as hell, but CGL keeps me living. I dream about pastels and sweet, delicate fashion and do my best, but lately I've been slipping. Life seems dreary.

I was wondering, maybe, if we could have a thread where we discuss the little cgl / jfash related things we do day to day that make it better.

For example, sometimes I make floordinates (except on my bed, I guess) of things I plan on wearing, and that makes my mornings easier since I don't have to stress much. Going out for a latte wearing subtler j-fash always makes me feel pretty and warm without feeling too anxious. Checking for new releases feels great too, and things. What about you?
>>
File: 1409192826459.jpg (542KB, 1842x988px) Image search: [Google]
1409192826459.jpg
542KB, 1842x988px
>>9368514
Anon, I hope you feel better soon.

For me, finally living solo means that I've been gradually adding cute touches to my living space. Like my kitchen is stocked with mostly cute cups, bowls, plates and such, most of my room decor fits my specific color palette, and I've been making plans to do things like sew up new curtains and make little lace pennants to place around the house.

I'm always happy to come home and have a cup of tea while browsing my favorite shopping sites or watching movies like little forest.
>>
I hope you feel better.

When I feel bad I like to put on (platform) creepers and walk around the house.

It literally makes me see everything from a different perspective.
>>
Anon you sound like you're also in a bad place in life. I sometimes just put on small bows if I am feeling particularly anxious. I hope you feel better. Depression is hard.
>>
You need professional help and you tricked me into thinking there was a new lifestyle lolita thread
>>
this just comes off as a stupid lolita at heart thread.

uwu i like to drink tea and use cute stationary when my feefees are hurt~ sometimes daddy lets me put a sticker on my sticky stick chart when i wear rori for him and it makes my tummy feel warm
>>
>>9368642
Lol
>>
>>9368642
disgusting anon, you play dress up for daddy?

anyway op, i really hope you cheer up soon. depression is ugly and more or less all consuming, so if you need to do tiny things throughout the day to feel alive again, please do!

as for me i get so happy organizing all my lolita items on my racks, it's very calming and makes me smile. i also love taking cute usakumya family pictures to show my lolita friends, it's fun!
>>
File: 1421986463332.png (103KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
1421986463332.png
103KB, 500x546px
>>9368642
>>
>>9368935
it's not fun and it's not cgl related. but go ahead, keep talking about your special snowflake rituals as if anybody cares
>>
>>9368948
You don't sound like a lolita? Please go anon, you don't belong here
>>
>>9368965
i've been a lolita for 3 years, but keep telling yourself i'm not if it makes you feel better about liking this retarded thread
>>
>>9368969
so you're a baby ita lol
>>
>>9368989
yet i'm a model and i probably have a bigger wardrobe than you :^) ouch. compensate more for your shit taste please
>>
>>9368969
>3 years
Oh wow a real expert. If you're not into the lifestyle aspect of it that's fine but please stop throwing a tantrum about things you don't like, no one cares.
>>
>>9369011
this isn't even a lifestyle thread. sage because this thread should go away and you both should stop bickering
>>
>>9368993
>my penis is bigger than yours
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>9369011
>>9369018
you sound like triggered lolitas at heart and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with lolita, but sorry my life is so much better than yours and i don't have to compensate with tea and stationary :^( cry harder
>>
File: 1484037920584.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1484037920584.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>9368931
>>9368969
>>
why are u hoes so bitter and ugly about everything in life :( nobody is impressed by cunty girls
>>
>>9369029
Pretty sure this is a troll, but I've done this before. Quite a few times.
>>
Is there such thing as lifestyle blogs anymore? I'd love to see anyone who's a lolita with things like baking, crocheting, scrapbook keeping, gardening, etc. All the girls in my community are just really shallow weebs and seem to just like "AP cuz it's the latest release!!". I really miss the lifestyle aspects the Lolita Bible used to talk about. I feel like that died in the oldschool days and the newer lolitas have desperately wanted to keep it clothing only.
>>
>>9369049
I personally like all the weeby kawaii life blogs but I'd kill for a decent cheesy, cliché gothic lolita blog.
You know, cgl keeps saying "lifestyle will have a come back" for a few years now but I don't think it ever will. There's also no good blogging platform for it anymore.
>>
I like going out to tea (of course), going shopping for cute little pastries, curling up in bed or in a nice shady spot outside with a big pretty book, antiquing, visiting the farmer's market, or just going for a stroll with a parasol. I always dress up though- doing pretty activities while wearing pretty clothes is a surefire way to brighten my day.
>>
>>9368642
>>9369021
At least spell stationery correctly if you're gonna be mad.
>>
>>9369049
I've been considering starting a lifestyle blog because I do a lot of cutesy crafts and wear lolita regularly, but I'm hesitant because I already have some trouble clicking with the rest of my comm and they're very much of the opinion that it's just clothes and anyone who looks for any kind of subculture (besides talking shit on here and btb) is a pretentious faker. I don't want to single myself out too much.
Maybe I can do it anonymously? Is that a thing, anonymous blogs?
>>
>>9369622
Not sure about anonymous blogs but you can use a fake name (just be careful of "Japanese" names, they can be a bit off-putting) and you don't have to post your face. Though as an added note I gotta say that it sounds like your comm has shit attitudes and I'm sorry for you.
Anyway, I basically say this to any anon who brings up the idea to start a lifestyle blog: If you write well and can update at a reasonable frequency, you should do it. You might have to post it on tumblr at first or even self post here to get the word out but if the amount of nostalgic gulls commenting on this topic is any indication, you could get a decent following.
>>
>>9369622
You could use a nom de plume and blur your face, but don't make it some big secret. Avoid the term lifestyle lolita and don't sound like you think the things you do are part of being a lolita. Don't make it a tumblr blog, their format sucks and almost everyone just uses it to reblog pretty pictures. Do post your pictures and coords on tumblr and instagram, with a link to your latest blog post if it's relevant to the picture.
>>
so is this a lifestyle lolita thread or not
>>
>>9369622

You can do it anonymously, but there's a chance you will get found out if someone recognizes anything you post (decor, outfit, a story, etc.).

I really miss the Princess Portal. If you decide to start a blog, more new content will always be appreciated.
>>
>>9369721
No its for depressed people
>>
What do you girls think about wearing lolita to job interviews? An argument happened recently on a Facebook group with many different opinions, so I'd like to see what you think.
>>
>>9370401
it's inappropriate unless the job is something altfash-friendly. imagining people applying to be an accountant for a firm in their favorite sweet coord gives me a lot of secondhand embarrassment.

i just think that people need to be able to differentiate when it is appropriate to wear lolita and when it isn't. so many people are desperate to be a ~lifestyle lolita~ (which i respect if you can pull it off) but they don't realize that it is just not practical for every situation--namely, job interviews at most places. so, if you're sane and you know that the job will be accepting of your fashion? fine. but don't expect to hear a call back from more rigid places.
>>
>>9370401
Possible, but heavily depends on the job and the coord. With toned down Classic you can just look like you're into vintage fashion which is generally fine and not too outlandish but that can still be considered too quirky and unusual for some fields.
>>
>>9370401
Think of it this way - if someone's more distracted by your outfit than what you're saying in an interview, I don't think it's gonna go over well. Interviews are your chance to show that you're interested in a given company, and that includes accommodating their comfort levels with your appearance rather than "expressing" yourself.

If I were interviewing someone and they showed up in any jfash, they'd have to be insanely skilled and intensely charismatic for me not to dismiss them as a candidate. Otherwise the impression that I'll have of them is of someone who prioritizes their own needs over the team's or the company's, and no one wants to work with someone like that.
>>
>>9370470
Where do you draw the line though? I understand going full lolita is kind of dumb but my whole wardrobe is clothes I actually like which basically means black and elegant/girly. I feel like a formal outfit which incorporates say, an Innocent World blouse and some gothy heels doesn't necessarily need to be dismissed. Or are you saying everyone should have an entire wardrobe on the side just for job interviews?
>>
>>9370507
an outfit that just incorporates a brand blouse and heels isn't necessarily lolita

the question is regarding people wearing actual lolita to inverviews, isn't it?
>>
>>9370507
I just have one specific outfit for interviews (pants, blouse, jacket), not necessarily an entire wardrobe. And yeah, it otherwise sits there unused most of the time.

It'll really depend on how you incorporate those kinds of elements. Like an understated IW blouse will go over more smoothly than one with a collar that's about 4 inches out from your face and lace everywhere.

I'm someone who negotiates heavily in my interviews, and the dirty truth is that if you look girly or young no one's gonna take you seriously. So I tailor my outfit with that in mind.
>>
File: shitpostsadorably.gif (276KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostsadorably.gif
276KB, 500x281px
About to go to my private lolita club. We meet once a week at Starbucks, at 5:00 am.

I'm the only member.

I hope it rains.
>>
>>9372269
How can one get an invite?
>>
>>9370401
I'm a daily lolita but I have a tiny formal-ish normie wardrobe for job interviews and presentations. The one time I wore a very very toned down monochrome otome coord to a job interview they asked if I was "very religious" (because high neckline + knee-lenght skirt + no real skin showing = puritanical cult apparently lol) and I didn't get the job despite being highly qualified and one of only two people invited.
Even if I might end up wearing toned down lolita to the job once I have it I'll still dress normie for the interview because I want them to focus on my qualifications and my qualifications alone. People pick the most arbitrary shit to reject you over so better not give them the chance.

>>9370543
This too. I have a baby face and unless I dress super professionally or wear heavy instaho makeup people assume I'm a confused 16-year-old who wandered in by accident. I fear that if I dressed cutesy to the interview nobody would take me seriously, so bun and blazer it is.
>>
>>9369079
I feel like instagram is relatively good for it, a few girls I follow also post other cute lifestyle-ish stuff as well as coord shots (baking/sweet-making, gardening, crafts etc), it's just sadly less in-depth than it would be hosted on an actual blog site.
>>
File: lolifuckyeah.png (213KB, 400x799px) Image search: [Google]
lolifuckyeah.png
213KB, 400x799px
>>9372280
Live in Nashville TN and be willing to meet me at 5am on days that are chosen at complete random.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485897375877.jpg (109KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485897375877.jpg
109KB, 900x893px
>>9370470
Thank youuu.

My office has a semi casual dress code & is somewhat lenient.
I still wouldn't hire someone even in toned down lolita.

Showing up, dressed as an 'individual' makes you look like you won't be a good team player.
>>
>>9372667
I think people should look professional at job interviews but you sound like an asshole anyway
>>
>>9370401

A job interview for anything other than a quirky, alt fashion friendly job is your time to shine as someone who wants a job and is competent at it, not someone who's a special snowflake. Save your snowflake fashion for the casual office days when you're actually hired.

I'm a professional and I will dress in lolita from time to time (without a petti partly to tone down and partly because our offices are cramped and barely fit me and someone in a wheelchair), but dressing to interviews is risky at best.
>>
>>9370401
Plenty of lolita can work for various jobs, but that depends on the job and depends on the piece. Very toned down classic and gothic or "soft lolita" would be fine.
>>
>>9370401
Depending on the job/industry toned down classic or gothic with little/no petti would be fine.

I have worn lolita/otome pieces to job interviews but never a full coord.
Wore a bodyline blazer with normie pinafore dress and blouse once.
Wore a black IW cutsew dress with turtle neck another time.

Full disclosure: these were for jobs within the same wider organisation I was already employed by so my reputation could precede me and the job itself meant wearing a uniform so I didn't want to fork out for new smart clothes.
I got the job both times.
>>
>>9372671
How? They're right, lolita at a job interview where it's not appropriate screams "i care more about my standards than yours!!!!"

Therefore, not a team player.
>>
>>9372783
Agreed
>>
>>9368514
I'm a gothy-ouji dark liking sort of girl and my wife is a pastel-sweet sort of girl and were having to struggle over decorating our new apartment. I want dim lights with candles and skulls and she wants a bright pastel wonderland.

I totally get you though, I can barely function if I can't wear the clothes I like, it's one of the main things that makes me happy. The only place I don't really dress up for is the gym, I'm even having to stop myself from doing full makeup when I go grocery shopping and do nothing else all day
>>
>>9372783
Just the superior way of saying it like you know a person based on what they wear/based on a first impression, you don't know shit about if someone is a teamplayer or not until you're in a team with them. You only know that person is incapable of dressing well for a job interview.
>>
>>9372825
To be fair, that's the point of job interviews. They don't last very long and they're done so the employers can get to know you on a basic level before they consider hiring you, so first impressions (including your appearance) do matter a lot.
>>
>>9372825
You do have to make that sort of snap judgment about the individual in an interview though, and appearance happens to be a part of that equation, consciously or subconsciously.

The basic point is, if someone's first description of you to a fellow colleague is, "You won't believe the weirdo I just had to interview, they came in looking like my grandma," or "This lady came in dressed like she was ready for a funeral," versus stuff about your qualifications and fit, then it's to your detriment because that's what first impressions are.
>>
>>9372818
Ngl anon I'm kinda jealous. Maybe incorporate macabre themes in colors that match your wife's preferred color schemes? Pink skulls aren't entirely gothic but it could create some sort of balance between the two aesthetics.
>>
>>9372849
Okay then, stupid question incoming. I've dressed weirdly all my life with zero care for what people think, what the fuck is acceptable at an interview? I understand if it's a corporate place you go with pencil skirt and blouse or something but what do you wear to apply to shitty entry level positions/part time jobs? I've never had a job in my life but I'm going to need one when I go to uni and I have no clue what is socially acceptable.
>>
>>9372869
I default to my skirt suit with low heels and a bun. Makeup is limited to covering dark circles and mascara. I also put on a tinted lip balm.

Pixelated is basically it except low heels and a less bright lip.
>>
>>9372869
It's not a stupid question. >>9372878 is pretty much it, or you vary it with a pantsuit. Recommended colors are usually grey, navy or black and the interior shell can be a range of pastels that would best suit your skintone.

It works for entry level and corporate. I've been at plenty of interviews where I'm better dressed than the person giving the interview, still received the offer.

Just remember, this doesn't define you or your values, it's just a tool to use when you want to land a job.
>>
>>9372896
>it's just a tool to use when you want to land a job.
This exactly. Remember that you want your interviewer to focus on your qualifications, not your outfit. Look nice, but avoid stuff that could be seen as distracting. Basically go for as bland a look as you can, though I'll usually add a cute accessory just so it doesn't look like I have no personality.
>>
>>9372896
>it's just a tool to use when you want to land a job.
I resent having to spend money on clothes I'll never wear otherwise but looking at it this way really helps. Usually saying fuck it to social norms makes me feel superior to people who don't dare to do anything out of the norm, but here, not being a special snowflake is how you show you're superior and have your priorities straight. Thanks, /cgl/, never thought I'd learn a life lesson here.
>>
>>9372878
Do remember it depends on the job. I think it can actually hurt you to overdress- seems like you have no clue what you were applying for.

Right out of college, I was applying to everything because I had to move back home following a family crisis and needed to wait to get a reciprocal license to teach. I once showed up to a group interview for a hostess position at a high-end restaurant. I wore minimal makeup, my hair up, skirt suit, and low heels. Was shocked to see girls with full makeup, high strappy heels, and dresses a little more conservative than what you'd see clubbing. They only accepted girls dressed like that for the second round of interviews. That was my bad--I didn't stand out at all except in my blandness and completely missed the kind of look they wanted. You need to know what the company wants.

What's the name of that black woman in South Korea who teaches and wears lolita to school? Like, damn. It's cool they let her do that.
>>
>>9372671
found the anon who interviewed in lolita
>>
>>9372848
>>9372849
Obviously I wouldn't hire someone who doesn't dress well for the interview but I wouldn't make assumptions about the rest of their personality

>>9373440
Found the anon who didn't read the rest of the thread
>>
>>9372818
I'm jelly. My husband is a sweetheart but has the worst taste in decor. He likes 'modern' (cheap metal or plastic) furniture and wants to paint a wall in our new apartment bright apple green. My tastes aren't super specific and I like a lot of things but somehow our preferences still don't overlap anywhere. I'm honestly considering just dividing up our next house depending on who spends moe time in a certain room.
>>
>>9373448
Sure, it'd be great if most people thought like you, but I know my own shortcomings when it comes to this sort of stuff. If I'm going through 20 candidates within a week or two for a position I want filled immediately I will fully admit that I will make assumptions about someone's personality because I have to make a quick decision. If I've got less candidates and it's a position that can remain open for a while, I'll be less likely to jump to conclusions.

I'm not saying that it's right or fair, just that it's how the system works a majority of the time.
>>
>>9373724
The fact she didn't dress well is already a reason not to hire her and move on tough, why do you have to make up something extra?
>>
>>9373734
If someone's in lolita/lolita elements it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't dressed "well", which is what sparked the entire conversation. It is something that can potentially stand out enough to make me wonder what's going on with the candidate and sometimes that leads to "I don't want to hire them because I am not comfortable around this individual". And a lot of that is subconscious.

It sounds like you're hung up on that specific example about team player, so I apologize for giving that as a poor example.
>>
>>9373746
Ok >>9373770 is the response since you deleted the previous while I was replying.
>>
>>9373773
I'm sorry I just deleted it because I made a spelling mistake because that's how annoying my brain is
>>
>>9373440
You are the cunt going around shitting up the board yes.
>>
>>9373386
I'm not the one applying? I was giving advice to another anon. I wore what I described to my job interview for a sciency lab job and I ended up being more formal than the interviewers, but there was no dress code listed and talking to those who interviewed me now a couple of years later they said they were impressed and that dressing professionally helped me out besides what I had on paper because I was so young at the time.
>>
>>9373770
From what I understood, you wouldn't hire someone because of assumptions you made about her personality based on how she dressed, and I wouldn't hire someone simply based on how she dressed.

Sage because I still think this thread should be replaced by a real lifestyle thread
>>
>>9372818
I'm feeling this right now. I understand my bf doesn't want an all-pink girly-girl house in case he brings his friends over, but he's hesitant about even white. He says the furniture doesn't look "real" and that it should be in a dollhouse. I guess I understand, but... I don't want everything to be brown or red in every single room.
And even though he doesn't use the kitchen at all and prefers my cooking, the only way I'm slightly able to convince him to let me get some pink things there is if I make it a chef Kirby theme. I guess that's better than nothing, though.
>>
>>9373865
He sounds like a true alpha who gets triggered by anything he doesn't perceive as masculine
>>
>>9369049
>>9369079
>>9369622
>>9370088

This is a big part of why I went back to Western Goth. The "Let us continue to behave as if we are in a period manga, just because we enjoy it" thing was what got me into lolita in the first place. But I think ageplay/DD/lg going mainstream and sweet becoming the most popular substyle killed lifestyle for good. Also, can I just take this moment to say that I want to personally set any adult woman who calls her vagina "princess parts" on fire?

>>9370401
It depends. If it's toned down and meets the dress code, I think you should dress a little bit alternative to job interviews if you are planning on dressing alternative most of the time. Otherwise people won't know what they are getting. But >>9370470 is also true. You should think of what you would wear if you got the job, and then go like a full shade more formal.

>>9372667
>Showing up, dressed as an 'individual' makes you look like you won't be a good team player.
See, I feel more able to interact with people when I dress the way that I feel comfortable. So I would rather you didn't hire me. And I'm an awesome team player.

>>9372818
I think you should look into those youtube channels with the goth girl and the pastel girl who live together. Their apartment is super cute and maybe it would help. Also, you should probably each have some space that is "yours" even if you live together. Like a home office desk or something.

Also
>>>, I can barely function if I can't wear the clothes I like, it's one of the main things that makes me happy.
This. You can also tell how happy and confident I am and how much I trust the people I'm going to see at a place by how dressed up I am- I dress in alternative fashions to help reduce my anxiety and shit.

>>9372869
My uniform for an interview is usually a designer LBD I got at a thrift store, chunky loafters, black tights, a grey, brown, or pale purple smoky eye, and a bun. Add blazer to dress up and chunky cardigan to dress down.
>>
>>9373386
I read something somewhere that said if possible, go into the place and try to dress a little bit more formally than the employees. But I feel so bad for anyone who has to wear heels at a restaurant job...

>>9373865
>>9373879
This. Also, I vote just doing the kitchen how you want slowly and waiting to see how long it will take him to notice.
>>
I've been doing a lot more lifestyle things since I started working. In college I was able to wear Lolita every single day if I wanted, but now I have a work uniform so I'm down to maybe once a week which feels so weird.
I've been getting into sewing and embroidery. I have a list of Lolita-relevant books and manga to read. I've even started decorating a little better.
>>
>>9373865
Even white? I understand not liking pink, but white's too girly for him? Geez. Anywho, Anon, maybe you should go with a pale yellow or green theme? Those are pretty gender neutral colors. Or if you're willing to experiment, I found found jewel tones to be both pretty and "masculine". I particularly like cranberry and teal together. Maintaining a Victorian or Baroque theme could help keep the lolita-esque feeling alive. I hope you and your boyfriend are able to come with a solution!
>>
OP here. Sorry for being annoying but I'd like to say this. You're all very sweet. It is so wonderful to hear about your lives and things, it's relatable and comforting. I'm sorry for those of you who are having a hard time, and I'm happy we can all agree that J-fash brings us some quality of life. Sage for OT and also blog post.
>>
>>9373941
>I would rather you didn't hire me
>I'm an awesome team player
>>
>>9373941

Wow. I am fully in the princess cult, drank the pastel pink glittery strawberry kool-aid and everything, and "princess parts" makes even me cringe.

>>9373865

I am so sorry for you. My question is- whose house is this? Who paid for it/pays taxes/rent/whatever? The fact that you have to convince him to "let" you decorate your own kitchen pink sends up some red flags for me.

My husband is super cool with me decorating things like a fairy tale castle or a dollhouse. He does prefer deep blue and silver colour schemes, but he also genuinely likes white, pastels, and fancy/antique type decor.
>>
>>9372783
>>9372816
This is why so many places have people who show up late to work, do jack all day and then companies start to fail and higher ups just make up more bullshit rules to hide the fact that they themselves lack personality and therefore can't relate to people who wish to express themselves.

Communication is part of being a team. You want team players? Get to fucking know people.
>>
>>9368514
>I'm depressed as hell

Stop. If you feel bad you should use the resources at your disposal to feel better.

Particularly, you should go to a psych asap and see your primary about it as well (always go to a board certified practitioner, cognitive behavioral therapy is the most effective); it doesn't hurt to try and depending on your healthcare plan they're not expensive.

Mental illnesses are chronic in nature and they can have devastating effects on your body and long term, they will kill you. Trust me, I found out the hard way and now I have an expensive problem that is resistant to treatment and is making my life even more miserable.
>>
>>9374347
all those things are very expensive in america and often very difficult to schedule as well. most psychs have ridiculous waiting lists and most primary care doctors are the same, which is why its very common to not have them.
>>
>>9374355
Depends on where you live. If you live in a metro area they're relatively plentiful. Rural though, I completely agree with you. It also depends on another host of issues like your income, health insurance plan and your state.

Most of you are below 26 so you can be on your parents plan. And if they don't have one, chances is that they qualify for Obamacare which isn't going away anytime soon; the shitstorm in the Republican party over its replacement is proof of that. Or if you're over 26 and work even a minimum wage job you qualify for it.

But its worth a shot. You'll only lose an hour of your time with searching and the money will be well worth it.
>>
>>9374296
>CONSIDER MY NEEDS BEFORE THE STANDARDS OF THE COMPANY REEEEEEE

if they're fucking paying you follow their rules and expectations. that or just don't even bother applying.
>>
>>9373794
I just realized it sounded like I was accusing you of not dressing properly, oops. I meant it's easy to dress professional but still wrong for an interview, like I did in my example. I replied to yours to continue the conversation, not as a direct response to how you dressed for your interview.
>>
>>9374380
Whatever. I've worked at places where people thought that way, and it blew, and I worked at places where people actually got to know each other and figured out better and more efficient ways to cooperate and it was just better.

>muh money
Don't hire people you can't afford to fire.
>>
File: pearlclutching.jpg (25KB, 275x309px) Image search: [Google]
pearlclutching.jpg
25KB, 275x309px
>>9374242
Even if you are a good team player, you are going to have a bad time if you are with an employer who has a culture that you're not suited for.

Part of what I want from my job is a results oriented, low drama culture. We all get our work done and if we can't agree on something, we agree not to discuss it, and we treat each other with respect even if we're different. I don't want to be on a team where there's a culture of pressuring everyone to be the same instead of accepting differences. And that extends to clothing, weekend hobbies, people who have families or don't, people who focus better when it's quiet or who focus better when there's noise, etc. Lucky for me I love my job and the people that I work with, so I don't need to look for another good team right now.

>>9374296
I've worked for places like this, but it wasn't about the dress code, it was more about the fact that the company was super worried that the companies we contracted with didn't value our services, so they wanted to make sure everything appeared super extra professional to make up for it, plus the company had problems with recruiting so they had difficulty getting rid of people who didn't get their work done and just sat around and talked all day- those two problems fed off each other, though, since the environment got stricter and noisier from the people who weren't performing and a lot of people left.

>>9374380
My employee wants to be treated like a human being who does things other than work for me! They want to be judged by their work ethic, skills, talent, and personality!
>>
>>9377717
an employee is a tool, a cog in the machine. you're delusional if you don't realize that
>>
>>9377720
The work is the cog. You need someone to do that work and do it well. You need that person to be polite to anyone else they are working with so that everyone remains productive. You don't need that person to have no hobbies, opinions, or personal preferences in order to perform their job well.
>>
>>9374293
I feel very lucky that my boyfriend is a lot like toys. Our place sucks right now since I moved cross country to be out here for with no furnitur, so it's very bachelor-pad style at the moment. But he is excited by my decorating ideas and seems to be relieved to not have to deal with doing that himself. My main goal right now is figuring out how to make his massive Nintendo collection look good in the living room and it's not a bad problem to have.

I don't want to sound shitty but I'm enough of a bitch that I'd probably dump someone if they didn't "let" me decorate at least one room how I want.
>>
>>9378107
Like yours, not toys. What the fuck. Self sage
>>
I miss the old school days when the lifestyle thing wasn't as cringy as it is now. Momoko really inspired me. Though you can't refer to yourself as one without wearing the fashion.
>>
>>9383835
There were always people arguing that lifestyle lolitas were stupid special snowflakes. There used to be a lot more translated articles from the Bible tough so that gave them more legitimacy.
>>
>>9374293
>The fact that you have to convince him to "let" you decorate your own kitchen pink sends up some red flags for me.
Why? They both have to live there.
>>
>>9383877

That's true, but she said
>>And even though he doesn't use the kitchen at all and prefers my cooking.

He doesn't use the kitchen, he wants her to do the cooking, and she still has to get him to "let" her decorate it? Compromise is important, but the language she used ("let") doesn't really lend itself to implying compromise. Furthermore, if my husband had a study or a room that only he used, well, it's his damn room, he can decorate it however he wants.

She also said the only way she can get pink things- not painting the walls or anything, just items- is if they have a very specific theme he approved.

I don't know, it just smacks of control issues and him being unreasonable about it. It's not like she's trying to drown the house in pastels, it's just some pink stuff in a kitchen he doesn't even use and wants her to cook in for him.
>>
File: windowcf.jpg (451KB, 983x1600px) Image search: [Google]
windowcf.jpg
451KB, 983x1600px
I wish i could be part of a lolita gang, or something like a rotten girls club. I would love to walk down the streets and do activities with other lolitas (or girls dressed in j-fash), and be rude to hoes that give us the stare. I would love to do mischievous things like shoplifting stuff and hiding it in our petticoats, sipping liquor in teacups, doing umbrella fights etc...

Problem is, none of my friends are into j-fash and the comm in my region is inactive for years.
>>
>>9373941
>This is a big part of why I went back to Western Goth. The "Let us continue to behave as if we are in a period manga, just because we enjoy it" thing was what got me into lolita in the first place. But I think ageplay/DD/lg going mainstream and sweet becoming the most popular substyle killed lifestyle for good. Also, can I just take this moment to say that I want to personally set any adult woman who calls her vagina "princess parts" on fire?

I'll help you light that fire as long as we can throw the ageplay pedo "daddies" or whatever on it as well. I'm a guy who used to wear jfash and who's always had a "thing" for lolitas of the more mature and demure variety, and those assholes ruined it for me too.
>>
>>9383857
>>9383835
Why does wanting to be a lifestyler have to mean you think you are special? Where does the idea come from that we should hate people for trying to live a very different lifestyle from the people around them? I get that lolita isn't a subculture, but I don't see this thrown at people who join older subcultures but I see it a lot when people talk about new things that are still trying to decide if they are subcultures or just a motif in music/fashion.

Me too, anon. I loved the book translation and thought the most fun aspect of lolita looked like hanging around listening to classical music and having gratuitously good manners with everyone. Like that book "A Little Princess" but for adults and kind of post-punk. But I did wear the clothes at that time.
>>
>>9388720
probably the dumbest thing I've ever read

We already have a bad enough rep without idiots like you shoplifting and shit
>>
>>9368642
HWC PLEASE FUCKING LEAVE.
>>
>>9373865
Educate him on pink being a masculine as fuck color,
http://www.npr.org/2014/04/01/297159948/girls-are-taught-to-think-pink-but-that-wasnt-always-so
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.