[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Be My Cosplay Valentine" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 29

File: kissing-couple-dutch-gift.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kissing-couple-dutch-gift.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
Previously, in our thread about vendetta's, politics and food cravings >>9343320
>DIY Electronics talk
>The "Official X Cosplayer" title and what bullshit it is
>Staying motivated when you're still new at crafting
>WIP content, woohoo!
>More coloured contacts talk
>Fruits magazine (J-Fashion) stopped doing monthly releases because of a lack of material
>FB Lolita-mom
>TomoTalk™
>Femanon finally received that cute Pikachu plushie
>Yaycon talk
>What do we enjoy en hate in a cosplay act?
>Wanting to post your WIP stuff, but not doing it because the cosplay community still sees 4chan as the worst place ever
>Gophering at Animecon vs gophering at Abunai
>Nishicon 2018 is a fact
>Bingo chart v2, now with proper alignment. See, Adobe Flash can be a legit tool for these things!
>Where to wear big costumes?

The five next major events:
>Yaycon (February 19th, Amersfoort UT), a con targetted at the LBGT audience. Yaranaika?
>Showmasters Comic Con Rotterdam (March 4th & 5th, Rotterdam ZH), a con exactly like ACC only in Rotterdam.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
>TomoCon (April 8th & 9th, Berghem NB), only the best convention ever that strikes fear in the eyes of all other Dutch conventions! /s
The full con calendar can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST THE SITE RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED DAMNIT!
>The recommended store list and old surveys results can be found at https://www.churi.nl
>Ignore shitposters and attention whores. They crave attention, so let's not give them any.
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Strawpoll: Are you going to Yaycon? http://www.strawpoll.me/12333889
>>
I'd love it so much to post wip pics, but like we discussed last thread, people still look down on /cgl/-users. It makes me kinda sad.
>>
>>9355604
True
>>
Tsunacon is dead. Can't say I'm very sorry: despite the 2016 edition being slightly better than the previous ones, it wasn't offering anything new.
>>
http://www.tsunacon.nl/index.php?id=106&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=107&cHash=b6aadc6d9cc46610d18a513702a00818
Tsunacon has officially pulled it's own plug.
Seen it coming from a mile but still a little sad.
>>
>>9355604
Which is why we shouldn't fuel the flames for dramaqueens, and just focus on events, WIP, and cgl stuff.

>>9356081
>>9356085
Never been, but I'm not surprised either.
>>
>>9356085
Yeh it wasn't a huge surprise. Still, they were one of the better small cons. They could have been a decent convention if they stopped inviting thousands of people in that tiny shitty location.

Mixed feelings. It makes sense that cons are dying off now, there are just way too many. But Tsunacon wasn't at the top of my list.
>>
>>9356081
>>9356085
Good
>>
>>9356081

Suddenly it makes sense why Nishicon moved to January. They knew.
>>
>>9356109
Nishicon is now competing with TomoFair Amsterdam (in the same weekend).
>>
>>9356153
they should really move to a different date. Most dealers and activities will go to tomofair amsterdam leaving nishicon deserted.
>>
>>9356153
Can you really call it competing though? After last fiasco with tomofair amsterdam being shit... I dont think it will be very hard for nishi
>>
>>9356170
Most of the con is financed by dealers.
Last year they didn't sell very well on nishi.
Tomofair Amstedam was busy. in fact it was so busy that some dealers sold out, so guess where the dealers go? Then there's osaka-cooking which is the main food supplier of tomo, so they won't attend nishi as well and the list goes on and on.
>>
>>9356170
Last Nishicon was quite empty? So yes, I call this a competition.
>>
How welcoming towards new members is the Dutch lolita comm? I don't know a soul there but I would like to join.
I've been wearing lolita for about a year.
What style is most popular in the comm? Are there a lot of itas/newbies?
>>
>>9356175
Hmm.. never thought about it that way. Thats a valid point you got there.
>>
>>9356206
Last meet had a handful of girls for whom it was the first meet. If you act polite we are at least welcoming. I've only been with the comm for about a year so I don't know everyone yet either. I find the comm a bit clique-ish, but I've never felt alone at a meet. Lots of girls do meet up outside of comm-open meets as well, so that might be what gives me that impression. We have some ita's, but a lot of them just keep to making topics online instead of attending meets, and obviously some girls are dressed better than others, but overal at meets we look like a well dressed group.
I've seen mostly classic and sweet being worn.
I hope to see you at a meet soon fellow gull!
>>
>>9356179
IIRC Nishicon had a lot of issues going on that lead to the emptiness. Half their staff quitting, not posting any updates or building hype until 4 weeks before the con, the Theaterhotel moving their booking, the mad hotel prices said hotel charged... All that stuff really took its toll and then as final nail I to the coffin First Look also took place during the same weekend.
In a way I'm glad they moved to January, although it will be interesting to see how things work out taking place after the "expensive December month" and the cheap and more central located TomoFair (probably) taking place in the same weekend.
>>
>>9356244
In the early days Animecon was also held in first weeks of the year, the last year they did that was in 2003 in Haarlem wich sold out. Time to move to another location, Almelo during the summer.
>>
>>9356175
Eehh if dealers finance 10-20% of cons revenue its a lot.
Maybe somethin like first look yes nit a con like nishi
>>
>>9355496
>See, Adobe Flash can be a legit tool for these things!
You dork

>>9356175
It wasn't just 'Busy', it was absolutely over crowded. Browsing shops was next to impossible from 10-3 o' clock, after which almost everyone left due to the bad experience. It might have left some dealers in a good position, but others couldn't sell at all due to their selling technique being more depended on slow browsing.
It was a terrible event for guests, so much so that Stichting Tomo, for the first time, didn't call their event a pure success without mentioning their flaws. To the extend of acknowledging, apologizing and giving people who bought tickets a compensation(albeit it being kind silly, "We know we screwed our event so have a price-off for our next event!").

If Nishicon actually handles their advertising properly, update the site accordingly and give people a reason to go, I don't see why anyone not a 12y/o living in Adam would choose to go to Tomofair over an actual convention.
>>
>>9356085
I expected it, but I still find it sad. I really liked Tsunacon for some reason.

>>9356323
>but others couldn't sell at all due to their selling technique being more depended on slow browsing.

Oh man, I really pitty the guy who sold handpainted Japanese lamps. Not only was most of the crowd to young/poor for expensive lamps, he was also next to the guy who sold those flying machine things, that hit everyone's head. So he got blocked by weebs who wanted one of those. He looked so miserable at the end of the day.
>>
Don't you just love it when you do a test fit of your costume and realise you fucked up big time?
>>
I am actually one of those who did not go to Nishicon due to a lot of other events that period.
Now that it is in the winter I might go again.
Tomofair, not so much. I rather spend my time watching wall paint dry.

The only thing that Nishicon needs to do is get their act together and start working on it when summer starts, so that by the end of the summer they have some information, and therefore sales, going on.

I can see it going like this: Tomofair is where the new people go, Nishicon will attract a slightly more experienced crowd who have been in the scene for a year or two at least. Both of them will reach their target, But Tomo will fail as usual, Nishicon will be a better experience because of people and beer. I do not expect spectaculair content though.
>>
>>9356462
Time to it the gym?
>>
>>9356471
I don't think hitting the gym would help with my shoulder pieces being way too short. Instead I'll just replace the parts, good thing I've kept all the cutting stencils so far.
>>
>>9356462
It's why I always always ALWAYS cut my pieces too big. Sometimes it's less space I have left over to trim off than I think, sometimes it's a lot; nonetheless, trimming is easier than having to redo. Good luck redoing them.
>>
>>9356519
Thanks. Luckily it's a mostly flat part that needs redoing. I already cut out the new parts and tried them on taped together. It fits fine now and added some padding as well to make things more comfortable to wear. So in a way me messing up was a good thing...
>>
>>9356462
I had that today. I had to refit my undersuit and I'm shit at sewing. Sculpting, moulding, casting, foamwork? Fine with me. Sewing?? God please let me die.

I want to get better at it and I think I improve, but then I do a thing, fuck up and go 'nvm I suck'. But eh...most will be hidden underneath the armour anyway..
>>
>>9356279
>In the early days Animecon was also held in first weeks of the year, the last year they did that was in 2003 in Haarlem wich sold out.
Good old memories of going there, only to be turned away. Oh well, at least I lived in the neighborhood. It could have been my first convention if it wasn't sold out lol.
>>
Never been to Tomofair before, is it worth it if it's a 1h30 train ride? I like food and cosplaying, if that helps.
>>
>>9356804
no
>>
>>9356804
It is a market with a few activities.
>>
>>9356804
Ask yourself the following questions:
Do I like doing the laundry?
Is it interesting to watch grass grow?
Is there anything better I can do with my life?

If all these answers are no, then it is still a better idea to skip it.
>>
>>9356878
So what you're saying is... TomoFair is worth visiting as long as I'm high?
>>
>>9356931
Probably, but I think that would be a waste of good cannabis.
>>
Can anyone share experiences from comic con brussels? I'd like to visit, I am expecting a DCC kind of event.
>>
>>9357175
I agree.
>>
>>9356175
Yea and I also heard that DDR-NL, Performous Karaoke and GameRoomS already made an deal with TomoFair Amsterdam and won't go to NishiCon.... There goes all the Nishi Activities.
>>
>>9357325
Well I Nishi can give a chance to the other people who do karaoke and can arrange a gameroom. So I don't see a problem. And it gives Nishi also space to think about new fun and exciting activities.
>>
>>9356206
I think overall we're pretty nice and welcoming to newbies. Like >>9356237 said the group can be kinda clique-ish and some people only come to meets to hang out with their friends and aren't interested in new people, so it sucks if you get stuck at a table with a group like this, but even then you can generally just nod along with their conversation and they will be polite. I always feel like people can't complain about sitting with a stranger at meets because if you only want to hang out with your friends you should just organize something with them only.

There are mostly sweet lolitas with a lot of classic too, and a handful of devoted goths.

There are itas but not a lot of them come to meets. At most the average meet will have two or three real itas. It also depends on the kind of meet, like a meeting at an anime convention is going to have way more newbies, itas and weebs than something at a nice restaurant. That means that cons meets are more 'welcoming'/lower standards than others, but at the same time people are less likely to remember you since there are so many new faces.
>>
I have been lurking for a while, and i have been been wondering how i can actually join a Dutch conmunity. I have Friends that are really casual anime watchers, and are not really that interested in going to cons.
>>
>>9357302
Didn't go myself but heard from friends that last year was really bad. Small venue that couldn't accomodate the large amount of attendees, all food and drink stalls had sold out well before noon, bad use of space in general, not many interesting dealers,...

Last year was their first edition so it's possible they have fixed those issues for this edition. But if they haven't, it's not worth the trip if you don't live in Belgium.
>>
>>9357325
well they can only be in one place at once....
>>
>>9357302
I haven't gone, but it's only a second year convention. Don't expect too much. Basically what >>9357475 said.
>>
>>9357330
who do you have in mind?
>>
File: Hip armour.jpg (1MB, 1200x1551px) Image search: [Google]
Hip armour.jpg
1MB, 1200x1551px
How much a small addition can change to the overall look of a piece...
>>
>>9357539
Looks good anon!
>>
>>9357497
There are other providers of karaoke like soramimi and Asgardsings. Abubai seems to be running a decent gameroom without Gamerooms so they arent that neccasary and there are also more people to hire for ddr. I know who has been posting about this and you should stop it.
Nishicon deserves to have a chance just as much as Tomo and Tomo has way more activities throughout the year so they could move their event easily if they wanted to.
And none of the ddr,karaoke or gameroom organisations are superior, so there is a way for Nishicon to be just as much fun.
>>
>>9357462
It depends on what you want exactly, but in the end it mostly comes down to putting yourself out there and meeting people. Pretty much everyone I know are friends, their friends, internet strangers and people who I got along with at workshops.
Of course then you all grow older and suddenly find yourself wondering where the fuck everyone went.
>>
>>9357539
But...but did you not remove stuff?
>>
>>9357617
No, I added stuff. Hence the 'small addition'
>>
>>9357325
Nice self reply, but you should seriously stop trash talking other conventions.
>>
>>9357650
what self-reply?
>>
TomoNews?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aty1z1a1B2Y
>>
>>9357539
Well done!
>>
>>9356206
I agree with the others that have replied to you. I'd recommend going to a picnic or something similar for your first meet. They're comfortable, cheap, easy to join and you don't have to stay seated in the same place, so you can just move around and meet different people.
>>
How was the gift swap?
Did you guys got something nice?
>>
>>9358766
No lol but I wasn't really expecting much so it's fine. I enjoy giving gifts more than receiving them, anyway. The meet itself was cool, talked to many new people and had a good time. I liked the venue and that we had our own little space upstairs. I wouldn't mind having more meetups there.
>>
>>9358053
What did I just watch?
>>
File: IMG_9497.jpg (416KB, 1516x1849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9497.jpg
416KB, 1516x1849px
instagram filter but: The first few parts are 100% finished: The undersuit, the sideskirt, the tabbard, the shins & shoes. We're getting there! I'm so excited to get it done!
>>
I'm so done with Tomo to be fair. First one of their staff members trash talk cosplayers here and now they trashtalk Nishi. I would be the first to celebrate if Tomo would finally stop organizing crappy conventions. Does Tomo not realize they get a bad name from all of this?
>>
>>9359065
>Tomo to be fair
huehuehue
>>
I forgot which con is which, who is better, amsterdam comic con or dutch comic con?
>>
>>9359065
Don't forget anyone can post whatever they want on /cgl/, using any name they like. As it stands we don't have any hard proof that TomoAnon is affiliated with Stichting Tomo, nor do we have any proof that all these posts were made by the same person as TomoAnon doesn't use a tripcode. For all we know TomoAnon is just a bored Anon looking to do some ">le epic trolling" for shits and giggles. Come to think of it, you could even be the same Anon looking to start yet another boring TomoDiscussion.
So as a piece of general advice, unless TomoAnon posts some hard proof about his identity and starts posting with a tripcode it's best if we all just take those posts with a grain of salt. Just because one has a name attached to their posts doesn't make it real. If it does, well I guess this means free entry to Animecon for all you gulls!
>>
>>9359123
I do know that people who work together with Tomo have been on 4chan to spam boards more than once. They revealed their plan to me personally, so yes. There are people affiliated with on this board. I highly suspect Nishitrashtalker to be one of them as the posts are exactly the same as what he claimed in person. This exactly being same organisations and same arguments. It's one of the people who are at least working together with them.
>>
>>9359117
Dutch Comic Con is the one in the Jaarbeurs Utrecht. They started in 2015 with one edition and hosted two editions last year in March and December. The December edition fell a bit flat imho, mostly with there being fewer people, fewer dealers and the dealers present mostly sold the same stuff. For what's worth it the last survey gave them a 5.1 out of 10 score but that was before the December edition had taken place.

Amsterdam Comic Con is hosted by Showmasters (now renamed to Comic Con Europe GmbH) and took place in the RAI Amsterdam. Showmasters has/had a poor reputation for reasons I've forgotten which is probably why they recently changed their name. They had their first edition last summer during the same weekend as Abunai. Personally I didn't go there but the few reactions in the thread were either negative or neutral. They Also added Ahoy Rotterdam to their line up which will take place in March. Also the survey score was a 4.8 out of 10 so they're probably close to each other.

As for which is better, let's vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/12353108
>>
>>9359128
Considering how they revealed their plan to you and probably already figured out your identity, would you mind posting some proof?
>>
>>9359161
I never knew they changed their name. So many people are pissed off with them. Even my courseleader, who is in favour of the idea of having a stand for our propcourse, is like 'they can kiss my bum'....
>>
>>9359186
It's only the ones in mainland Europe. They are still listed on the main Showmasters website but are hosted by "Comic Cons Europe". It might be because of their reputation or it might just be easier with taxes as it's also based in Germany. I also noticed they added two new events: London Comic Markt and London Gaming Markt. Both don't have Showmasters in the title but still include it in the footer of the site. Considering the new site style these and the mainland events use I wouldn't be surprised if their other UK events will drop the Showmasters handle from the title eventually. Let's just hope they don't trademark "Comic Con" to force other events into using another title...
>>
>>9359212
I think they can't trademark it because I /thought/ SDCC already did. Either way... no one likes them.
>>
File: rcc.jpg (75KB, 945x734px) Image search: [Google]
rcc.jpg
75KB, 945x734px
>>9359214
Nope, they only hold the trademark on "Comic-Con" within the US. According to the EUIPO their application for the EU got rejected. There are active European text trademarks for "Comic Con Germany" and "Comic Con Europe" however.

As for Dutch trademarks, Animecon, Abunai, Nishicon etc are all unregistered as it stands. The only convention with an active trademark within the Benelux is Tomo which is held by Davey Martens from RDC, but it's only valid for organisations of a cultural, recreative or sports nature. Aside from them only RCC has filed a trademark on a logo not yet present on their site (pic related) and it's style, but it's still in the "you may object to this" phase.
>>
File: tully coffee.jpg (86KB, 730x837px) Image search: [Google]
tully coffee.jpg
86KB, 730x837px
>>9359261
And while I'm wasting my time and keeping my mind of things, here are some related trademarks:
>Elfia: forgot to check them. They have a BNL trademark on their name.
>Castlefest: has a BNL a trademark on their logo.
>Tully's: Keurig holds an EU trademark on this. Appearantly it's a brand of coffee and this is their logo.
>4chan: active BNL trademark owned by the "Anonymous Society of Luxembourg".
>>
>>9359285
This logo is painfully accurate.
>>
In the interest of the community I want to share this post from CosplayCloud with a warning to all to be careful when meeting with strangers. A lot of good people out there but there may be some amongst them with ill will. My post is in English but the article is in Dutch. I hope Op doesn't mind or can let this one slide as a community good will post.
>>
>>9359819
The suspect in whoms home the body was found.

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20170209_02721863/huiszoeking-in-onderzoek-naar-vermiste-shashia
>>
>>9359819
Wait so.. He met up with a random cosplayer and decided to murder her?
>>
>>9359819

They have asked if anyone had any contacts or dealings with a certain person a few days ago, but have since removed the post at request of the police. The facebook profile is probably confiscated by the police at the moment since I can't find it back in my browser history nor in the friendslist of the 1 common person that seem to had the person in her friendslist.
>>
>>9359826
>>>9359819
>Wait so.. He met up with a random cosplayer and decided to murder her?

I'm not sure if shes a cosplayer. But it seems they arranged to meet to exchange pokemon figures. The guy is denying it, but the body was apparently found at his home.
>>
The girl seems to be a cosplayer.
>>
>>9359844
She was a cosplayer, but mostly active in the Pokémon community. Both of them were in a Pokémon group I'm also in. I've seen them post, Shashia was a regular at conventions, I could've been her friend. It's so saddening to know someone decided she wasn't worthy of living. The culprit is a mysoginist. He reached out to multiple girls, even offering one of them €500 for sex. Shashia was the only one that actually showed up. If only they spoke up before this accident happened...
>>
>>9359844
It sounds like they didn't really know each other well before tough so like he doesn't have a motive for her specifically and just killed a random person. I'm scared to let people pick stuff up I sell on marktplaats now.
>>
>>9359821
>>9359855
So basically he was a creepy neckbeard? Maybe he made a sexual advance and she rejected him so he flipped. Ugh, guys like this are a blight on the community even when they're not physically violent.
>>
>>9359855
That is horrible to hear. Rip Shashia.
We should try to keep an eye out for creepers like this. I dont mean random stuff, but things like offering €500 for sex would certainly qualify. To think he probably would not have paid up the €500 anyway..
>>
>>9359831
If you have a name or link you (and anyone) can pull a saved version from the Google Cache. Just Google the link and click on "show cached version".
>>
>>9359868
Unfortunately not. I even find it odd as I expect to at least have the URL but cant open the page or anything. But I could clearly see the history of other profiles and pages I viewed before and after, but the page of the person itself just frustratingly does not appear in the history of Chrome anymore. If anyone has a name or reference on this JohnDoe I would be interested to have another look at his profile.
>>
>>9359877
I actually found his profile very easily with just his first name and initials. So John van de B and you recognize the photo the news article used. Not much to see if you aren't his friend. A friend made him a mugshot already in oktober as a joke, which now is interestingly morbid.
>>
>>9359885
Thats him alright. That mugshot joke is morbid indeed. Will share a bit more info so other ppl can check for themselves. Will obscure part of the info because of forum rules. But there is enough there for people to find this monster.
>>
What the?

In the comment thread on the fake mug shot photo, someone replied "I expected this to happen, I just hoped it wouldn't".

That's pretty terrible to know. RIP Shashia. I didn't know you but my thoughts go out to your family and friends.
>>
>>9359174
Dear OP, I'd love to but due to the reason that they still may or may not know who I am. I'd rather not. I also don't want to mention or hint to some people's identity as they have never been mentioned here yet. I would not mind to explain things by email ^ .( It is a rather long story.)
>>
File: paraluna.png (303KB, 360x515px) Image search: [Google]
paraluna.png
303KB, 360x515px
paraluna is now with this new cosplay materials store. I thought they were with minque what is going on?
>>
>>9359826
He definitely has some wires loose inside his head. Being capable of murder is one thing, but denying everything and moving on with your life as if nothing happened is pure sociopath behaviour. I just hope for her sake that he ended her quickly, especially with the reports of him asking people to have sex with him for money which lead me to believe he is a sexually depraved sick fuck.

>>9359858
While I don't recommend going paranoid just because of one incident, it is always a good idea to be careful when selling things on Marktplaats. Don't deal with anyone you don't trust and make sure you're not home alone when you agree to have something picked up at your place.
>>
>>9359855
This really is horrible. it could have been anyone, wasn't she there for pokemon trading tough?

>>9359943
maybe both? they are still on the minque website
>>
>>9359943
Maybe Cosplay Clues made them a better offer, maybe Minque didn't renew their contract. Who knows? It's not like it really matters who they're with anyway.

>>9359958
Honestly I doubt two competing stores would be okay with sponsoring the same people. That's like Max Verstappen racing for Red Bull while wearing a Monster Energy shirt.
>>
>>9359966
but why are they still on the other sponsor website?
>>
>>9359966
They probably got fed up with Minque just like everyone else. I ordered from them a while ago and the package handling was just so slow. I'm happy to finally see some new competitiors.
>>
Uhh I hope >>9358714
isn't who I think it is because what she got was really awesome and not shitty at all...
>>
>>9359958
She was there for Pokémon trading, yes. But that guy tried to lure tons of other girls as well. It's really spooky.
>>
>>9359969
Well if Minque is as fast with updating their site as they are with actually shipping any orders...

>>9359975
I know right? My first order with them was postponed by three weeks. No explanation, no emails to keep me up to date, nothing. All I got after contacting them was "It's on backorder, just be patient" followed by an unexpected failed delivery from PostNL. Second order was postponed as well, again with no updates. I cancelled the order after being told told "just be patient" and took my money elsewhere. Next (foam) order is definitely going to be with Poly Props. I trust Prop-Anons judgement and it's hard to beat their pricing even with the shipping fees from the UK to NL.
>>
>>9359819
Screenshots of Dutch posts are fine, posts on /cgl/ in Dutch are not purely because of the 4chan global rules. But even if I didn't allow it I have no power on 4chan anyway.

>>9359929
I've send you an email.
>>
>>9359943
getting sick of that horizon dawn cosplay posted all over, nobody knows the fucking game and i'm pretty sure she got commissioned by the game studio to make and promote it into oblivion

Sad to hear about the murder.. That shit makes me really fucked up and suspicious about anything.
>>
>>9360017
I'm sorry to hear that anon. For me I think I'll give cosplayclues a shot for my next project necessities. Team paraluna didnt go with them for nothing I'm guessing.
>>
>>9360030
It's cause the game isn't out yet. Looks interesting though.

Sounds like salt, claiming people are shilling.
>>
>>9359995
I was wondering who she was as well. Way to be salty about gifts. Not that I got the greatest gifts but oh well...
>>
>>9360057
Team paraluna will go to anyone willing to finance them.
That does not autonaticaly mean the materials and services are good, just that the Paraluna girls are easy to get.
>>
>>9359995
>>9360061
From what I remember, there were two people who got something handmade, a cape and a sailor collar. The cape was awesome and the girl who got a sailor collar got other things as well that I don't remember. Was there anything else handmade? There was hardly anyone who got brand I think.
>>
>>9360061
>Team paraluna will go to anyone willing to finance them
What else did they do for money?
>>
>>9360067
I know that at my end of the table one person got a brand scarf (IW? I think?) and another person got a handmade peter pan collar with mermaids embroidery on it.
>>
>>9360030
>>9360056
Isn't it kinda common for people to cosplay from things that aren't even out yet, just so they can be the first? I don't think it means they were paid to advertise.

>>9360057
IMO you shouldn't go into something like this expecting great gifts anyway. There's a big chance that the person giving you something will be a stranger who doesn't really understand your tastes and for 15 euros there's a limit to what sort of things you can give. It's supposed to be about the fun of it, not about what you get.
>>
>>9360081
Maybe it's not about the Dutch comm, because I remember being surprised everyone got such nice things for only 15 euro. I think everyone really tried to pass "lolita standards". Only there were 2 newbies next to each other who got eachother and I didn't pay any attention to what they got.
>>
>>9360067
There was a handmade cape, but the girl was really happy with that. There was the sailor collar which also had a necklace and hairband included, there was an embroidered collar with mermaids, the girl who embroidered it got some handmade gifts as well. There was a girl who recieved a handmade mint bow but she gave handmade herself as well.
As for brand there was an Innocent World scarf, a very coveted pepfox postcard, some otome-ish jsk, a summertales crown and a cape and a bodyline jsk if I am correct.
>>9360076
Yes that.
>>9360081
I wasn't expecting great things at all, but I got two things that have motifs of the print I named as a huge dislike, it is a pretty common print so I don't really understand how that happened.
>>
>>9360074
Not persay money.
But i know they get materials from diffrent companys that sponsor them. And they have swiched a couple of times.
So basicaly if you can pay them the will shill for you
>>
>>9359995
Who do you think it is? I noticed the girl who got the (in my opinion indeed really crappy looking) sailor collar did complain when she first saw it, but then back-pedalled and smiled like a "boer met kiespijn" lol
But I don't think she's been involved in drama or blamed for anything or whatever so I don't think she posted that thing in the feels thread.

>>9360088
Are they the same style as well as the same motifs? Maybe they didn't realize it was the motifs you dislike? That does sound weird tho
>>
>>9360105
So what if they have switched sponsors before? Sponsorships are nothing but business anyway. A sponsor invests in you and in return you have to make it worth their while. It's really not all that different from work where you get paid for providing a service to your boss. Or would you call it shilling when someone leaves a company to work for their competitor who pays them better?
>>
>>9360123
A sailor collar is so easy, how can you mess it up? I had never seen the girl who gave it tough and it is about someone new. But she also got a cute necklace (a heart shaped chocolate box) and a bow, so I think the collar was just extra considering the budget. Other than that I think all the handmade stuff was really nice. I don't know the comm enough to know who's been in drama.
>>
File: IMG_9075-10.jpg (652KB, 634x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9075-10.jpg
652KB, 634x1200px
>>9360017
Poly-Props is also highly interactive on facebook. They're basically the European equivalent of TNT Cosplay Supply, who are also really interactive and even have a twitch account and hang out with twitch creative streamers. I don't know if Poly-Props do that, but I do know they highlight cosplayers every once in a while, and feed the community. It's really awesome.

I've not seen Minque doing any of that.

>pic
Today's update
>>
I thought Minque quit already, guess not.
>>
>>9360173
Are they not doing well? (well obviously, something's up when everyone switches..)
>>
>>9360181
Well they were already treating their customers with such slack over half a year ago. That in combination with a rumored pregnancy of the woman, people were indicating that the likelihood of them quitting would be high.

Seeing as they seemed to have been dropped of the world in regards to social media, I thought they had quit.
>>
>>9360196
>the woman
kek. But yeah, I always found them a little distant at their stand on cons myself.
>>
>>9360151
Ive seen minque featuring crafts made with their stuff plenty? I haven't been following it lately but I remember they shared cosplays and crafts made with their stuff.
>>
>>9360196
>That in combination with a rumored pregnancy of the woman

When I ordered some stuff from them, last year, I had to wait for like a month because she went into labour. (That was her excuse..)
>>
>>9360274
>When I ordered some stuff from them, last year, I had to wait for like a month because she went into labour. (That was her excuse..)

This could gave been a good excuse, especially if you have complications, if it didn't happen all the time.
>>
>>9360292
Extensive postnatal care
>>
>>9360128
Actually I work in a field where doing that is seen as treason and comes with a 20.000 euro fine.
Something with intelectual property and company secrets.
But back to my point. When a person can skip from one company to another because they are sponsoring does not mean the product or the company is good. Just means they are willing to open their pockets to certain cosplayers.

And seriously I dont really care who they get sponsord by. I care about the kwality of the materials more than sponsorships. So this new company has to prove themselves first and not: team paraluna buys their shit (no they dont) so it must be good.
>>
>>9360402
>But back to my point. When a person can skip from one company to another because they are sponsoring does not mean the product or the company is good.
To that I agree, but you're also trashtalking those who switch sponsorships in your posts, and that was what my comment was about. Like I said, these sponsorships are all business. It's just a way for both the cosplayer and store to get their name out and gain more fans or customers. We are not the target audience of these sponsorships, but the newcomers to cosplay and crafting are. They are the ones who will attend the workshops or view the tutorials posted by their favourite/popular/well-marketed cosplayers. Right after picking up some new skills they get pointed to Store X by the very same person who just taught them something, and them being new to all of this they are likely to order there.
And let's face it, any of us would probably do the same if there's a better deal involved. Hence the comparison to switching workplaces.
>>
>>9360112
Yes, the same style and one of the two main motifs of the dress I dislike, but as you said the girl that got me didn't know me at all, and I didn't know her either, so I'm not especially salty or anything.
>>
>>9359128
Might you also have proof of them trashtalking cosplayers here? There's someone in the tomo organization (not sure if he left already) whose posts are exactly the same as his manner of speech. It got me suspicious since he's a friend of someone who has personal issues with one of those cosplayers. It would be really unprofessional.
>>
>>9360941
Unfortunately not as I try to stay away from bad/mean people.
>>
>>9360963
That's a good thing to do, try as much to stay away from people with negative intentions. Too bad you don't have any proof however but thank you still.
>>
Hello dear crafty anons. I want to add battle damage with a dremel to my prop (made with worbla), but should i do that before or after priming with woodglue?
>>
>>9361152
I'd say before, and then accent your battle damage afterwards by dry brushing it. Also I find wood files to make less clean looking cuts and for priming Worbla you could also save yourself some time by using a plastic spray primer.
>>
>>9361152
Before, definitely.
>>
So, how's Yaycon?
>>
>>9361914
Finished
>>
Update on smoke machine: finally got the last thing in the mail, will try it out tomorrow because busy weekend. Also gotta find a bottle of glycerine somewhere to make fog liquid
>>
>>9360128
>>9360402

I don't know if it works the same with sponsorships like with jobs but a lot of contracts feature a "concurrentiebeding" that forbids switching over to a competitor in the same field.
>>
>>9361914
I saw pretty much none of it, being a dealer and all, but overall it was enjoyable to me. Pretty damn busy due to many people obviously going as a tsuna-replacement. They managed the space better than last edition to my experience though I can't quite judge it all.
>>
>>9361914
Yaycon more like yoicon amirite??
I was there as an artist, so like >>9362294 I didn't see much of the con, but I enjoyed what I saw. It was busy but not too busy. The atmosphere was great, people were happy. I liked it.
Seriously though, the amount of yoi cosplay was bonkers.
>>
>>9362304
when the yoi meeting was happening outside, almost half the con went there. The amount of yoi cosplayers was crazy, but kind of expected.
>>
>>9362304
I was very surprised about what merch sold and what didn't. Flavor of the month only went so-so but sorta classics went great for me(think longer running/games etc).
Also I don't think I saw a single undertale cosplay, guess that fandom imploded on itself.
>>
>>9362151
You can buy that at The Tuinen/holland&Barrett or any Afro beauty supply store (it's cheaper there). I use it for my hair, hehe.
>>
>>9361914
Actually it was really fun. And I'm not into yaoi/yuri.
>>
>>9362212
yes you seem to be confusing team paraluna s sponsorship with an actual job. At sports club we switch sponsors for events or our group in general if we get a better offer for example. The obligations are just different. But what was said earlier is right, it is odd if they are sponsored by both at the same time.
>>
>tfw bad at making new friends at cons/events so decide to try and convince existing friends to come to a con with me
>long-time friend brings up a favourite fantasy artist and how much he likes fantasy in general
>this artist was a guest at Elfia once
>try to change subject to Elfia and how cool it is and how he should totally come with me next time
>some other guy brings up furries being at Elfia
>"Eww furries are disgusting, no way am I going anywhere where's there's FURRIES ugh!!"
>guess who's going to Elfia alone again
I don't like furries either but like... they're not that hard to avoid? Why do people let one little thing ruin an entire event?
>>
>>9362900
There are not even that many furries at Elfia. Have you shared a video with them? On what it actually looks like compared to their prejudices?
>>
>>9362913
Didn't Elfia have some sort of furry acceptance stance last year? I remember seeing things like that on their social media page and on signs there.

And although furries don't make up a huge percentage there are quite a lot of them at Elfia.
>>
>>9362900
>Why do people let one little thing ruin an entire event?
Probably to sound cool to the other guy. Just ask him again once Elfia is near and show him their schedule/guest list. Odds are he might consider it once he actually knows what Elfia is about.
>>
File: WanneerKuzuPraat.jpg (110KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
WanneerKuzuPraat.jpg
110KB, 600x891px
>>9362900
Yeah bro I've been hitting up Elfia for a few years now, and I too hate furries. Heck I even used to dislike weebs, but I used to be a very angry young man.

Anyway, just tell him the furries are more of a form thing; company can't be seen calling the Furries degenerates because then the fantasy community would throw a hissyfit and not just the furries would stop coming. In reality there's nearly none of them, and the ones that are are the sorta sweet ones that remind me more of fuzzy mascots.
Not the ones that kinda remind me of my uncle Terry.
Anyways, the number of furries is lower than that of bad cosplays. And in the end Elfia is one of the more normie centered cons you can go to , don't forget to remind him of the big central music stage and the possibility of just getting shitfaced and snigger at people in weird costumes.
>>
Pass the dutchie on the left hand side
>>
>>9362964
> and the ones that are are the sorta sweet ones that remind me more of fuzzy mascots

Oddly enough, I hate the ones that act like mascots. Like when they make the same gestures as Mickey Mouse at Disneyland and wave at little kids and take pictures with them. It weirds me out that random masked people dressed up as cartoon animals are being cuddly with kids. At Disneyland you at least know that they screened their employees and the mascots are only doing this because they're getting paid for it instead of some rando.
>>
>>9363013
Well racknackin' damnit, didn't you just infuriate my simple soul. Never even thought to look at it in that way, all I could think of was the nasty stuff they wanted to do if you released one of 'em furries in a sheeppen. Imagining them doing nasty stuff, or just having those thoughts while hugging 'em makes me detest them even more.

Ofcourse most of them won't be like this, and I'm a backwater hick for thinking they're all degenerates. But goddamn, how are people like this?
>>
>>9363050
The best ones are the ones who create great realistic costumes and for who it is a character from something like a fantasy and not an identity.
>>
>>9363050
I myself realize that most are nice people who just play along when kids are interested in them but when they approach the kids themselves I think they need to back off. It's just difficult to judge the character of someone who is masked and could be anyone.
>>
>>9363059
Most people I talk to don't even consider those people furries, just costumers who specialise in anthropomorphic animal characters. IMO if someone doesn't have or want a 'fursona', they're not really a furry.
>>
>>9362964
that meme made my day, never seen it before

mfw cosplay as blaziken half of furries think ur a furry
>>9363059
yeah i see a lot of those at elfia, they look really cool, but it gets kinda boring when you see the same suits 4y in a row
>>
>>9363082
I consider everyone wearing a full fursuit a furry.. I try to stay away from them as I only have bad and reaaaally weird experiences with them. Furthermore it creeps me out that you dont know who is underneath the costume.. might be some dirty neckbeard or a decent person.
>>
I once hugged a furry, huge mistake they are sweaty af. Funny that you mention furries because I just rode my bike home and saw a dude walk around with a striped tail coming from underneath his coat.
>>
I'd love to make a full Kindred cosplay (League of legends). No bikini armor version etc. Just exactly like in the game but I'm too afraid of being mistaken for a furry.
>>
>>9363113
Because we know who's underneath a fully covered armour?

>>9363157
This is me and how I feel about a possible bikermice from mars cosplay..
>>
>>9363157
You will be, but mostly at the fantasy cons only (elfia etc) cons like firstlook and most anime cons you'll be recognized and treated as the game character

I got asked to make a full eevee fursuit, I would not consider that as a furry either, since it'll be a game character and not a fursona.
>>
>>9363169
Lemme know when you're gonna do that. Throttle has been on my list for fuckin' ages, yet I have the same kind of...fear? I guess?
>>
On the topic of (fur)suits, can someone point me to the direction of mascot suit tutorials. I finally made up my mind and want to start building a miffy one but I'd rather not fuck around and possibly ruin it. I've only found one so far and I guess I just want all the info I can get my grubby little hands on.
>>
Why do people think they can pull off cosplay without makeup? It exists for a reason, and it doesn't have to be elaborate but not even using basic mascara is just lazy and kills the entire cosplay, no matter how good the rest is.
>>
>>9363278
Cool, I'm wanting to do Modo! So that's perfect. Maybe it's my next project... but I also promised Nethergundam. Hmm...one is a foam build, the other is musclesuit + fur & a mask. (and obviously a foam prop helmet)

I might just want to plan that ahead.
>>
>>9363278
P.S. If I start on a mask structure, I can make yours too in one go. If you want.
>>
>>9363498
Seeing as im friends with both personally > get a life and stop looki g for drama where there is none.
>>
File: DeJoodKentVeleGezichten.jpg (3KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
DeJoodKentVeleGezichten.jpg
3KB, 125x123px
>>9363498
Could you be a dear and take your borderline-stalking antics somewhere else?
>>
>>9363169
>Bikermice from mars
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
>>
>>9363380
I think if the character wouldn't wear it, is better not to wear it
>>
>>9364047
Characters are idealised versions of people in looks. Makeup always helps if only to smooth out skin, enlarge eyes, add definition. Makeup can be natural.
>>
>>9364051
>Makeup can be natural.
This is where our opinions differ
>>
>>9364054
Guys always say that, but they don't actually know what natural makeup looks like. I've stopped counting how often some guy will point at a girl with natural makeup and say she's an example of someone who's not wearing anything at all. Even my boyfriend, who sees me without makeup on a daily basis, doesn't always realize when I'm wearing foundation, blush, mascara and brow pencil. He just thinks I look "more healthy" all of a sudden.
>>
>>9364054
Even if it's not it looks better than your average cosplayer's ugly pockmarked skin. Isn't cosplay about portraying the best version of a character you can? Why would you ignore a major avenue for being better?
>>
>>9363312
http://www.matrices.net/tutorials.htm
This site is awesome, it has everything in one place
>>
>>9364047
This is where you're wrong.

I never use make up in my daily life as I don't see it as necessary but for cosplay it's a completly different thing.

When you wear cosplay the colours and volume of the wig and clothes are much brighter and makes your face, especially the eyes, without make up look pale and dull in combination.
Characters always have very emphasized eyes by nature but we have to help ourselfves as it's not the natural colour for us.

And no, male cosplayers are not an exception. Most male character cosplays are badass men, who are marked by war and battle. When instead the face looks pale it destroys a lot of the illusion.
Don't even try to tell me "but make up is not manly!" Every international successful male cosplayer uses make up and they get ALL the girls.
If they can do it, why can't you? ;)

that doesn't mean you need to put on super dramatic make up for every character. A brown eyeliner is a lot more subtle as a black one and gives a wonderful natural look, without looking too fake. Add a small bit of mascara and some skin products if needed and you are already good to go. It's only takes 10 minutes and improves the effect of your cosplay a lot.
>>
>>9364047
The majority of characters don't wear wigs either, but practically everyone agrees that wearing a wig is better than using your own hair for a cosplay.
The characters portrayed by (male) actors usually don't wear makeup in-universe but male actors are as slathered in slap as female actors are. Makeup, when it's kept natural and applied well, makes everyone look better.
>>
>>9364061
Thanks anon! This'll help for sure
>>
>>9364057
I'm a girl, boys who think like that are retarded.

>>9364058
I agree that most people look better with makeup, but to me accuracy is more important than looking pretty.

>>9364071
>>9364079
Maybe it's because I prefer cosplaying characters that look more like real people in the first place. Obviously if their hair and face looks very different from mine I wear a wig and makeup. But if I'm cosplaying a tomboyish character I think it isn't accurate to wear "natural" markup.
>>
>>9364123
It sounds like you just object to makeup in general and are searching for cosplay related justification.
>>
>>9364132
>I wear a wig and makeup
>>
>>9364138
>leaving out the preceding qualification
>>
>>9364140
Because I'm not 2d I'll always look different
>>
Am I the only one who finds it difficult sometimes to find nice locations to take photos of my cosplay? I would like to do a shoot sometime, but I never really know where to look. Our beaches aren't really pretty, we don't exactly have the prettiest buildings here in the netherlands and our nature is just... flat.
>>
>>9364197
>we don't exactly have the prettiest buildings here in the netherlands
yes we do
>>
>>9364197
>Our beaches aren't pretty
Go to any beach that isn't Scheveningen, Zandvoort or IJmuiden and you'll be pleasantly surprised. While the North Sea isn't anything to write home about, the dunes make for a pretty cool background, Zeeland especially. Also the Waddenzee is interesting AF although not really a place for cosplay.

>We don't exactly have the prettiest buildings
Old cities and villages often have some pretty cool 18th and 19th century buildings and modern/bombed cities have a lot of interesting modern architecture going on. It might just be a matter of taste or us being used to these buildings, but a lot of foreigners find it attractive. Also there's always the Zaanstreek.

>Our nature is flat
The Veluwe is anything but flat, and neither are the Utrechtse Heuvelrug and Berg en Dal near Nijmegen. Also Limburg is still a part of the Netherlands in case you've forgotten. Then we also have the flower fields, all the "heides" and whatnot. There are lots of interesting locations once you know where to look for them. There are several programs on the NPO that take you around the Dutch nature sites, some popular and plenty of unknown sites that look amazing. Just check Uitzending Gemist and skip through a few of these programs if you need ideas.

But to answer your question, just keep your eyes open when you travel around or ask around at your friends and family. There is bound to be someone in your life who knows some cool locations.
>>
>>9364232
>There are several programs on the NPO that take you around the Dutch nature sites

Thank you that's actually super helpful.

I'm just pretty new to all this and apart from finding a nice photographer, locations are just a bit of an obstacle to me.
>>
>>9364232
>Just check Uitzending Gemist and skip through a few of these programs if you need ideas.

not OP but thank you for the great tip!
>>
>>9364235
Any decent photographer will be able to help with locations.
>>
>>9364151
>forgetting about live action characters
>not 2d
Sounds like you're making excuses so you can embarrass yourself. Why cosplay if you're not going to try and look your best? Which, yes, is with natural makeup even for characters you claim to look like.
>>
>>9364123
>accuracy is more important than looking pretty.

Yeah, because tomboys in animation/live-action totally don't have perfect skin, nicely groomed eyebrows, nice pair of lashes, well looking lips and strong defined cheecks and jaw.

It's fine if you don't want to wear makeup, but don't think you're accurate when you're everything but accurate.
>>
>>9364283
Do you usually think the worst of people? I think I'd seem less like the character by wearing makeup if the character would never wear it, for example if she's a tomboy. Whatever you may tell yourself, natural makeup still looks like you're obviously wearing makeup. Not all characters should look like pretty princesses. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>9364289
You don't have to wear makeup to groom your eyebrows mate. Some people think "what would this character look like in real life" instead of "how can I look like the most beautiful version of this character"
>>
File: VeO3V_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg (382KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
VeO3V_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
382KB, 600x404px
>>9364290
>it isn't accurate
>not all character should look like pretty princesses
>>
File: 1jl2jo.jpg (18KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1jl2jo.jpg
18KB, 427x240px
>>9364296
The truth is
>>
>>9364301
So should I paint my lips nude if I cosplay gendo? Sage for retarded discussion
>>
>>9364302
Nah, you just keep them covered with a World's Best Dad mug.
>>
>>9364290
I would love to see a photo of your perfect skin, without zits or spots or freckles.
>>
>>9364290
>natural makeup still looks like you're obviously wearing makeup
Sorry you're shit at applying makeup properly, anon.
>>
>>9364293
>You don't have to wear makeup to groom your eyebrows mate.

But why would a tomboy character suddenly worry about their eyebrows and groom them. That's *gasp* against their 'don't care about beauty' nature.

Oh, I know, because we try to look accurate as how they look in the source material.
That's why we wear wigs and don't cut our hair (exceptions exist), which we should if we would go for the "real life" version. Because which tomboy whould wear a wig in real life? That only something for people who care about beauty do.

I hate to break it to you, but if you wear a wig, you already failed the "what would this character look like in real life" aspect. So unless you are going to visit the barber, you aren't accurate in your headcanon either.
>>
>>9364293
Exactly. It really depends on the character and the look you're going for. Sometimes a more picture-perfect stage-like make-up might be better, other times natural and realistic is a plus. Like, a Katniss based on the books with pancake make-up, that'd just be weird if you ask me.
>>
>>9364235
>>9364242
BinnensteBuiten (NPO2) has an item in Schoorl right now. Dunes, beach, sea and woods all next to each other. Looks pretty cool.
>>
>>9364353
>being this bad at makeup
You think Jennifer Lawrence wasn't wearing makeup during filming? Of course you're not gonna slap on inch thick layers of makeup for a natural look.
>>
>>9364351
I have to disagree with you on this. The reason wigs are preferred is because people in movies, series etc have MUA on standby whenever their hair looks less than perfect. These are proffesionals who style their hair. Meanwhile cosplayers who style their own hair may look great the moment they leave their house, but it will sag and look less and less appealing throughout the day. Then there's the bright colours which is impossible for people with certain jobs. Wanting to cosplay 2 different characters will become a real challenge and dont forget about people with thin or thick hair which brings its own problem.

Wigs are a great solution to this and do not take away the realness of the character. A wig can come in both natural and bright colours, both thin and thick and you will be able to style it and keep it in shape for days! Wearing a wig properly or choosing the right wig is already an imporant part of making a cosplay look "real" (although making animecharacters look real is just.. impossible.)

But I would like to see some photos which would prove me to be wrong.
>>
>>9364373
Okay but a tomboy character would no more wear a wig than they would wear makeup, so anon using that excuse to not wear makeup shouldn't wear a wig either. Nobody here actually believes in not wearing wigs, we're just pointing out how anon's logic is faulty.
>>
>>9364359
I'm pretty sure Jennifer Lawrence was not in the books...

But sure, I'll bite. Yes, Jennifer Lawrence was wearing make-up in the movies. All actors do to atleast make up for the effects of lighting, cover blemishes and so. However, even they you could ask yourself: should you do the same if you're aiming for a very realistic Katniss?

I think the answer varies from person to person. Some people have good skin and/or the confidence to not wear any at all. Why not work with what you already have? But there are also people who are insecure about blemishes, thin eyebrows or whatever and would prefer to make some adjustments with make-up. That's fine too. There's more than one way to do things, there's room for your own interpretation. What matters if that you portray the character in a way you're happy and comfortable with.
>>
>>9364373
Pffffft!

The flower ponytails are pretty much how I wake up in the morning, if not, a quick brush through does wonders.
Get on my level!

/s
>>
>>9364384
Maximum realism Katniss cosplay: don't eat for three weeks, starve down to 90lbs as a grown woman.
>>
>>9364395
Hey, some girls are naturally thin (and book!Katniss is shorter than movie!Katniss.) Use what mother nature gave you, right? Though I'd be really worried if someone dropped to that weight intentionally, because that's just fucked up.
>>
>>9363498
Dating? Naahhh...
They're going to live together. Too bad for you.
>>
>>9364407
Naturally as thin as a girl who's not had enough to eat her entire life? Sounds legit.
>>
>>9364420
Some girls are just really tiny. It happens. I'm sure you've seen young men who look like twigs as well. In some cases there may be an underlying medical condition. And sure, there are those we do have a problem but don't want to admit it. However, if you're going around judging people on weight alone, you're just being a dick.
>>
>>9364429
Okay but what does that have to do with cosplay accuracy
>>
>>9364429
Making fun of "accuracy" desu. You do you when it comes to your body, I'm just calling bullshit on people being naturally as thin as a chronically underfed teenager who was underfed from when she was a baby on.

>inb4 "muh medical condition"
that's not naturally
>>
File: hermione-granger-deluxe-costume.jpg (1MB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
hermione-granger-deluxe-costume.jpg
1MB, 1750x2500px
What if I want to cosplay frodo? I'm a small girl so I'd wear a wig but why would I wear make-up? You don't know if the real frodo had amazing unnatural skin. And y'all can't convince me this bitch wouldn't have looked more accurate without make-up.
>>
>>9364433
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

All I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with using what you have to achieve a portrayal you're happy and comfortable with. Whether it's your build, skin or hair, if it suits the image of the character you have in mind, well, good for you.

Just... don't do anything that'll damage your health. That's just a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

But... I'm guessing that by 'accuracy' you mean whatever you have in your head. In that case, just... sod off? It's cosplay. You're trying to translate something fictional, something that might not even exist as an image of an actual person, to something that you can wear; to something that YOU can be even if just for a few hours. Some things will be up to your interpretation and you'll have to work with what you've got. Personally, I think that's part of the fun.
>>
>>9364443
Looks like she's participating in some sort of cosplay follow-up to Toddler and Tiaras.
>>
>>9364443
19 year old elijah wood as frodo looks like a marble statue by an italian master wear some goddamn makeup if you want to honour his angelic features.

also
>example of bad makeup
>"but wouldn't this be better without makeup?"
>shiggydiggy
>>
>>9364452
So I should be trying to look like elijah trying to look like frodo? Any hermione wearing make-up before book 4 is shit. Emma is excused because she had to go on tv.
>>
>>9364456
You want to be recognized as Frodo? Then yeah. Nobody is gonna know who you are if you're gonna make your own original design uwu dont steel. Unless I missed another hugely popular depiction of Frodo, but I doubt that.

Also implying makeup is always blush and all that shit when just foundation and some mascara is also makeup. Powder? Also makeup. But you wanna have your shiny ass face on photos that's just fine.
>>
Here's an idea: instead of debating over whether one should or should not wear makeup, why not just go with what you feel most comfortable with? What's next, debating over if boxers are better than briefs?
>>
>>9364463
>implying I care about recognition
I'm sorry you have such shit skin anon. But contrary to popular belief, people (at least women) can tell you're wearing make-up. I cosplay for my own enjoyment, and some people don't wear make-up if they don't need to look pretty and it doesn't make sense for the character. I'm not even original anon and this discussion is already getting boring.
>>
Pass the dutchie on the right hand side
>>
>>9364477
Sure let's go with that instead of some people making the decision of doing their best to look their best. Whatever helps you sleep at night anon.

But I bet you don't use social media to promote your cosplay then? If it's for your own enjoyment instead of recognition why would you need that?
>>
>>9364373

I agree, that why I also wrote: because we try to look accurate as how they look in the source material.
That's why we wear wigs and don't cut our hair (exceptions exist).

With "real life" I mean 'in spirit of' (I hope this makes more sense).
Anon doesn't wear makeup in spirit of her character, who also wouldn't. But that same character also wouldn't wear wigs.
And my point is that you can't speak about accuracy, when you cherry pick which how much 'in spirit' you are with it. You go full real life/in spirit of, with the commitment that goes with the hair, or go home (which is just admitting that it isn't accurate, but that you simply don't want to wear makeup).
>>
>>9364495
Why compare the two? If you think a wig is needed to get as close as possible to the picture you have in your head, you wear a wig. If you don't think make-up is needed, you don't wear make-up. Case by case instead of all or nothing.
>>
>>9364456
Why would she be excused because she has to go on tv, but you wouldn't while people might take photos of you with their big af cameras?
The reason why I think you should at least wear some makeup is so your skin looks smoother on photos. Some cameras will show every little flaw your skin has...
>>
>>9364517
If you think 13 year olds should wear make-up in case someone else takes their picture we have other issues
>>
>>9364517
Maybe because a regular cosplayer is not under any obligation to pose for pictures? It's not that common, but some people do just want to walk around in costume.

They are also under no obligation to meet certain beauty standards (which are not universal anyway). If they're happy with the way they look, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>9364511
Do you understand what 'in spirit of' means?
>>
>>9364533
I do, but you seem to have trouble comprehending anything that's not black & white.

If a character has long blonde hair and yours is short and dark, a wig is pretty much the only short term option. That's one aspect of a cosplay, your face is another. Some may want some sort of compromise there, others don't. That's not hypocritical, that's just trying to make reality match with whatever you have in your head.

If you don't like it, don't ask them to pose with you/for your.
>>
>>9364517
This desu. Even if the character might not have flawless skin I'd rather not have my con stress pimples immortalised on camera tyvm

I know several people who say they won't wear makeup for cosplay and "you can't make me!! I do what I want" but then once the pictures start appearing online they'll cry about how red and shiny they look compared to me (I wear bb cream and powder) and how it's so unfair. I've offered to do some basic natural-looking makeup for them next time around but they refuse and apparently expect to look better in pictures through sheer willpower or something. It never works and every year it's the same whining.

>>9364528
Since when are we talking about children? 4chan is 18+, nobody posting itt should be as young as 13.
>>
>>9364575
Nobody 18+ should cosplay 13 year old hermione
>>
Am I still in time for the make-up debate? Natural make-up is the key in cosplay for me. Not to little, not too much. I know some people use no make-up or vice versa sharp contouring+big ass circle lenses+thick ass lashes+ eyeliner. But I prefer to have it all kind of in a natural make-up middle zone. The type of make-up that is used in live action films, like other anon mentioned here with the Katniss example. But that's kind of also the vibe I personally want to achieve with cosplay, the whole "live action" look.
>>
>>9364548
Yes, and the same goes for makeup.
Jet anon insisted that no makeup IS more accurate. That makeup is only to make a cosplayer more beautiful and not more accurate to the character.

I'm using her own logic against her.
I'm playing the devils lawer.
>>
I wonder how many people saw the chubby maki cosplayer on facebook and thought 'just no...'yet still left a positive reply. Because I'm smelling some fakery in there.
>>
>>9364656
You really are daft. Anon said she wears make-up if it makes the character more accurate. Others are arguing that we should always wear make-up in case someone takes an ugly photo.
>>
Anyone from Rotterdam?
Any good shops I should visit regarding any potential cosplay merch or the like?
>>
>>9364769
I have no actual problems with her. If I see something I don't like I'll just look in the other direction. But I don't see how it's praise worthy to just let your belly flop out of your shirt and call it a day.
>>
>>9364769
ugh god yeah, i was like great, more people to contribute to that type of SJW posts in cosplayNL again.
I was more bothered by her lack of makeup than her belly though (I hope this doesnt start up the makeup discussion again)
>>
>>9364848
>I was more bothered by her lack of makeup than her belly though
Same!
>>
>>9364014
Hopefully next to Nethergundam!

>>9364351
>>9364495
I've cut and dyed my own hair for Khan, because it was much easier for my daily life, easier to style for cosplay, and looked a lot more realistic.

>>9364575
Oh I heard that wailing before.

>>9364656
In this case; Khan wouldn't wear make-up, but to make my face shape look more manly, I use make-up. However, that's my choice and the way of applying has changed over the amount of times I've worn him. The first pictures I have of him are with minimal make-up. The last pictures are with pretty heavy contouring and I'm so happy with that difference... I'd have to show my face if anyone wants to. But I can show the difference easily.

BUT... it IS, and will ALWAYS remain the cosplayer's choice to do it yes/no. I just prefer the results with (Unless I wear a helmet). I respect anyone's choice in what they do. If anon thinks it's more accurate without, then let them think that.
>>
Long shot, but does anyone have experience with making your own waterslide decals?
>>
File: IMG_1450.png (81KB, 404x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.png
81KB, 404x287px
Does anyone here go to Stripdagen and if so, do you cosplay there? I've been invited to go the ones in Rijswijk with a group of friends and would like to use it as an excuse to cosplay but I don't know if I'll stick out too much. All my cosplays are from Japanese series, too. How are Stripdagen compared to anime cons?
>>
>>9365677
For small stuff, yes. You can get A4 sheets quite easily online from a variety of dutch webshops. If you know you don't have a great printer, go to a print shop, you want a quality print. Getting things bigger than A4 is going to be expensive.
>>
>>9365733
I've cosplayed for a comic book shop several times there and invited other cosplayers a few years ago. Since then cosplay has been more integrated with the stripdagen I think. But that was in Breda.

I'd say go and have fun. It's not a con so much, but it's all right.
>>
>>9365745
Thanks, guess I'll ask around at some local print shops as my laser printer only does black and white.
>>
>>9365749
The visitors at Stripdagen are a divided folk when it comes to cosplay: the elders don't care as long as they're skimpy clothed, the younger visitors only care for Pokémon and dragon Ball z.
The visitors that do appreciate cosplay are the ones following Animecon, because Animecon used to be there with a stand, in a sea of traditional comic books.
>>
>>9366288
In my experience they like it all, as long as it's easily recognisable and very mainstream. So mostly Marvel & DC
>>
>>9365677
coscraft sells clear self-adhesive vinyl, not sure if that's the same thing since it doesn't clearly say so but it seems to be
>>
File: wtf.png (145KB, 970x414px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
145KB, 970x414px
Not an animefag but what the fuck is this normal on weeb cons?
>>
>>9366538
Most cons have some form of adult programming going on during the night. It's nothing special really and only as awkward as you make it. Personally I find the XMV's to be extremely entertaining. There's just something about combining music with hentai and gore that hits all the right spots for some shocked laughs. AMV Hell 0 and /0, never forget!
>>
>>9366538
Animecon hosts this event aswell.
How fun it is depends on who participates.
>>
http://fceurope.nl/
Lookie what event didn't die apparently.
New formula cosplay later this year.
>>
>>9367511
I saw that and rolled my eyes
>>
>>9367511
Who the fuck thinks punching eachother is a good idea @onepunchcontest
>>
>>9367511
Yeah they had a very miserable stand at Nishicon.
And the guy at the stand can't event speak decent dutch.
>>
I do want that shiny trophy but if fanart designs also count it's doesn't seem like a legit contest. Maybe I should borrow my niece to cosplay with me, she's adorable enough to win the crowd over.
>>
File: chrome_2017-02-24_13-21-57.png (19KB, 541x192px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-24_13-21-57.png
19KB, 541x192px
Tomo...
>>
>>9367550
>Tomo employing child labour
dang
>>
>>9367556
Tomo is pushing free tickets everywhere on every Japan related website and webshop if they can. So mayby she is running a page and got an offer to give away free tickets and that was the first time, so she feels very honored to do so?
>>
>>9367516
So far I know that event took place last year as well. But I don't know what the event entails.
>>
>>9367559
I intended the word new as in, another event(as my first sentence might've suggested).
It's just a small con really, nothing wrong with it but also nothing special.
>>
>>9367518
His Dutch is indeed horrible, but he is popular among many cosplayers.
>>
>>9367562
Sorry, I didn't react on the 'new' part, I reacted on a totally different comment. (One Punch activity)
>>
File: _20170223_063230.jpg (174KB, 1080x1226px) Image search: [Google]
_20170223_063230.jpg
174KB, 1080x1226px
Guess who's late to the party...
>>
>>9367511
>chick in fanart paper mache rapunzel
yeah im not going
>>
File: IMG_20170224_170851.jpg (953KB, 1529x2330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_170851.jpg
953KB, 1529x2330px
Update: I found a huge bottle of glycerine at the afro hair store for 4eu, perfect thanks for the tip anon >>9362825
. Will mix it with distilled water from any common kruidvat to make my cheap ass fog liquid.

I have all the parts for my smoke machine, except for the tube still, so i'm going to try it out somewhere this weekend.
>>
Seeing as Gamerooms are being brought to the discussion. Which convention has the best game room in you guys opinion?
>>
>>9367580
Didn't checked out the video, so I'm not sure if the mistake in the title is a mistake or part of a joke.
>>
>>9367681
>inb4 the TomoSquad comes in and spams all cons that have GameRoomS handle their gameroom
>>
So, do any of you gulls have plans for carnaval? I'm already fed up from it just by walking through Oeteldonk for an afternoon...
>>
>>9367650
Knew it was going to be Sakuraflor.
>>
>>9367580
I just watched it, and without any figure of speech, the cat in heat next to me who was moaning for at least half an hour went silent and dry within seconds. And this is no joke.
>>
>>9367681
Imma have to go with Animecon here. F2p arcade machines, HTC VIVE setup, retro gaming, good use of the huge open room, etc. Love it there.
>>
>>9367580
>intruduces
>>
>>9367681
I think Abunai 2015 had the best gameroom I'd ever seen. Nicely secluded but still prominently reachable, lots of free games and great multi-player games. I fancy Animecon's gaming room less because there are too many people aimlessly walking around and it's too busy.
YMMV.
>>
>>9368383
Funny that you say that because that's what I think about the whole of Abunai as a con; too many people aimlessly walking around and it's too busy.
>>
>>9367739
Actually laying the last hands on my LARP costume so I can swag around during day-time carnaval. It needs to be lived out a little more for my LARP, and I think beerstains, bodily fluids, and whatever else soaks up to your knees during CV will have a good job of doing that.
>>
>>9367666
I'm the other anon that asked for updates near the end of previous thread, because I'm doing the same project. My e-cigarettes arrived yesterday so I've been doing some tests.
I've not diluted my glycerin with water because it looked the same consistency as notmal vape liquid. Am I ruining my e-cigs?
>>
>>9368581
Not a bad idea actually, plus now you can also do that comfort test without getting weird looks.
>>
I'm considering going to dokomi in Germany this year. Has anyone here tried this convention before? Can you recommend me anything?
>>
>>9368595
No idea, but since most fog liquid making videos recommend a max of 30% glycerine I would not put pure glycerine in there. I also believe it actually needs the h2o to make the fog actually evaporate when heated. That's also why it needs to be distilled water, since minerals would interrupt the chemical bonds
>>
Sure GameRoomS has been busy

https://youtu.be/oSJHxzmLagk
>>
File: slowpoke_pokemon.jpg (27KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.jpg
27KB, 600x655px
>>9368771
>>
What would be the best way to gather a cosplay group? I'd love to make a K-on group but where to find people?
>>
>>9368670
Well since I tested it with pure glycerin I can at least tell you it evaporates... I'll go look around the internet if it's harmful to the device.
>>
>>9368828
Here? :^)
>>
>>9368668
Have been before and loved it. It's spacious, has pretty gardens nearby to chill when the weather is nice, and while it's busy, it doesn't feel crowded.

Some knowledge of German is nice though. There isn't much in English.
>>
>>9368928
I'd figure the people that come here like to stay anonymous but I mean if anyone's up for a k-on group here, I'd be very happy!
>>
File: Dress-up-2.jpg (390KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dress-up-2.jpg
390KB, 1920x600px
there will be a high quality Lolita band performing at Tomocon
>>
File: 1457045763350.png (299KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457045763350.png
299KB, 445x450px
>>9369060
>>9363238
>>
Talking about Jrock/pop concerts.

March 3/4/5 BRIDEAR, PLASTICZOOMS at Made in Asia
March 4 ANCIENT MYTH with two other bands at Rockheaven in Eygelshoven
March 9 PLASTICZOOMS at P60 http://p60.nl/agenda/1741
March 19 GYZE with some bands at Little Devil in Tilburg
April 14 HOTEI at Paradiso https://www.fbk.com/events/332241310477460/
April 16 Cute in Paris https://www.fb.com/events/100439927137763/
May 25 Japanese New Music Festival 2017 at OCCII
https://www.fb.com/events/678713458975267/
July 9 Matenrou Opera at Melkweg https://www.fb.com/events/1875582652677411/

Who is coming where?
>>
>>9369068
Are Matenrou Opera high with that ticket price? I go to punk gigs all the time and I never pay more than 15 euros, but they're expecting me to pay double that? Who would go at all except diehard fans at that price point?
>>
>>9369060
Calling this girl lolita is indeed an embarrasment. Its frowned upon to wear a jsk without blouse. Oh and those catears.. pls
>>
File: parts.jpg (2MB, 4097x1709px) Image search: [Google]
parts.jpg
2MB, 4097x1709px
All the parts laid out, except for the tube which is crucial to pump out the vapor. Anyone knows where I could find really thin plastic tubes?
>>
>>9368828
I'd say within your group of friends or ask people you at least kind of already know. If you group up with strangers, there's a chance you end up with creeps, annoying people or people you just don't like.
>>
>>9369101
You should go to PLASTICZOOMS then, as that is 12 euros and more post-punk/new wave.

Matenrou Opera's tickets are high partly thanks to the organization they tour with. But Matenrou Opera has a good fanbase in Europe and some do want to pay for that. Especially because of the 'Visual Kei' tag.
>>
>>9369060
Gross
>>
>>9369060
>Those cucks
top kek
>>
>>9369591
Lol a blouse won't save that outfit.
>>
>>9369628
I don't see what else is wrong with it.
>>
>>9369629
You're probably an ita yourself
>>
>>9368771

The microphone quality, voices and accent makes my ears bleed.
I would much rather listen to a cats wailing for 7 hours before putting myself through that again.
>>
>>9369629
Tacky materials i. e. cheap lace, misplaced cat accessories, lack of a proper blouse and lolita appropriate headwear, her tights aren't doing the outfit good either but that might be a nitpick.
>>
I'm wondering what kind of pictures ashley will thow online next.
>>
>>9369648
why? She seems to be busy but why her specifically?
>>
>>9369636
The cat ears and lack of blouse were already mentioned though.
>>
>>9369060
Were does she call herself lolita though? Scrolled a little bit around and she only talks about being influenced by Babymetal and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (maybe I overlooked it).
She looks horrible weebish and a try hard (punk) idol, but can't we make fun about her on those fronts without associating her with our style?
>>
>>9369068
I thought plasticzooms would be in Amstelveen
>>
>>9369101
They are one of the best selling vk band in jpn right now and there are people willing to travel far for them. And melkweg is just expensive.

>>9369060
There's nothing here worth calling lolita.
>>
>>9369686
Yes, P60 is in Amstelveen. They are doing a tour in Europe.
>>
Who is going to "The Party", I am considering signing up for their contest, but I wonder who I am going to see there?
>>
>>9369800
I'm going, smoke machine is intended for that contest if i'm going to be able to finish everything
>>
>>9369818
What will the smoke machine be for?

And first Professor Oak style: Are you a boy or a girl?
>>
>>9369829
Then i'd be giving away who I am. I'm a girl though
>>
>>9369832
you know, eventually we might see it somewhere online anyway and then we'll know who you are anyway. And it's not like most of us seem to care who you really are here? You're just sharing WIP. It's useful and it's nice to see how you're progressing.
>>
>>9369853
Yeah I guess you're right, it doesn't really matter. Once I have it installed I'll show it.
Going to try and find a tube at an aquarium store somewhere next week I guess, and hopefully I can finally test it
>>
>>9369678
It's about the person posting it calling it lolita. They are only pointing out why it isn't lolita.
>>
>>9369629
Literally everything she's wearing is garbage and should be trashed.
>>
>>9369891
The world must be an ugly place for you.
>>
Anyone here with an Itabag?
I'd love to make one but I'm a bit unsure about what to use as base bag. I really dislike glitter windows since I find that it obscures the merch more than it'd compliment anything. I was thinking of going for a WEGO bag though I'm really wary of the import fees ramping up the total cost. I'm considering just making a bag myself since I've got the skill for it technically speaking. Advice is def. welcome!
>>
>>9369970
I had to google it, why even spend money on that kind of monstrosity
>>
>>9369868
For the motor you're gonna be looking for 4mm inner diameter tubing, 6mm outer (the outer can vary a bit). I had to epoxy together the 4mm inner diameter tube with some 10mm inner diameter tube to fit the bigger end around the vape, YMMV of course.
>>
>>9369977
To each their own bud. I've got a ton of merch for a character that I only display at home for fear of anything damaging. To me it's a cute but practical solution for showing it all off. I must say that googling it will yield mostly overly clogged examples, check out the thread here in cgl for more timid bags >>9351241

Sadly pretty much everyone in the big threads is American so I asked here in hope for more useful tips.
>>
Isn't this thread in autosage now?
>>
>>9370116
Get out of my mind!
>>
The current thread is on auto-sage and headed to the 4kids Shadow Zone. A new thread can be found at >>9370129
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.