[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Super Carnaval Brothers" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 31

File: carnaval.jpg (249KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
carnaval.jpg
249KB, 800x600px
Previously, in our thread about trademarks, vendetta's and the Biker Mice From Mars >>9355496
>Tsunacon is no more
>Dutch Lolita community questions and general drama-free lolita talk
>WIP shots
>Team Tomo confirmed to be shitposting and thrashtalking in our threads
>The missing girl Shashia from Belgium has been found dead after meeting up with a creep
>Sponsor talk
>Cosplay Clues vs Minque vs Poly Props
>Yaycon happened
>Smoke Machine Anon finally has all her parts in
>Avoiding a con because there might be furries
>Make-up and how it's mandatory when cosplaying
>Make-up and how it's not immersive when cosplaying
>Dutch nature and how it's all boring and flat, except it isn't
>gamerooms_slowpoke.jpg
>J-concerts
>Some other stuff I don't feel like typing out

The five next major events:
>Showmasters Comic Con Rotterdam (March 4th & 5th, Rotterdam ZH), a con exactly like ACC only in Rotterdam.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
>TomoCon (April 8th & 9th, Berghem NB), only the best convention ever that strikes fear in the eyes of all other Dutch conventions!
>Elfia (April 29th - 30th, Haarzuilens UT), an outdoor fantasy orientated convention
The full con calendar can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.
>The recommended store list and old surveys results can be found at https://www.churi.nl

Strawpoll: Are you going to Rotterdam Comic Con? http://www.strawpoll.me/12424356
>>
>drama-free lolita talk
lol bullshit
>>
>>9370147
Well, aside from the one gift swap thing it was pretty drama free. As in we didn't end up with three threads filled with mud throwing. Although I have to admit I've been a bit absent from the last thread due to some personal stuff.
>>
>>9370158
The gift swap thing probably wasn't even about the Dutch comm. At our meet all the handmade stuff except one thing was pretty great, proud of my comm for once. Cheers to the organiser for finding a free location.
>>
To TheParty anon. You should see about 20 - 25 other cosplayers there. Decent pool of people signed up.
>>
>>9369041
Depends if you'd let me be Azusa
>>
File: Evil laugh Ursula.gif (496KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Evil laugh Ursula.gif
496KB, 500x275px
>>9370119
Never!
>>
>>9370272
Sure!
>>
When will we have a meetup again? I'd love to see the faces behind the posts.
>>
Anyone else having troubles with 4chan at the moment?

>>9370406
I guess Animecon. But you can make your own meet if you like that.
>>
>>9369970
I've got everything ordered for my first bag, currenty playing the waiting game for things to come in. Super excited to start building but I'm too cheap for EMS (and too anxious about customs) so it's gonna be a while.
Thoroughly agreed about the glitter windows, I don't know why people like them so much. Maybe try to figure out what type of bag you want first, and go from there? Tote, messenger, backpack, and how large you want it to be. If you wanna import a WEGO bag, tenso marks down the value so you could probably get one without customs (knock on wood). Making your own sounds cool though! I love it when bags are really personal.
Can I ask where you're planning on getting your merch from? I love bags with fanmade charms but I figured out pretty quickly that they end up being even more expensive than getting official stuff from Japan, because of the damn shipping cost from the US. "Shipping starts at $13,75", I cri evrytiem
>>
>>9370548
I know what you mean. I collected a lot of badges when I was in Japan myself.
>>
>>9370548
Good luck with your order anon! I hope it'll all arrive without issues. Thanks for the Tenso tip, I'll be sure to look into it to see about my options. I'm thinking of just making my own messenger bag at the moment, as I'd like to use it on conventions and backpacks feel unsafe to me.
I've been collecting merch of this character for a good two years now so I'm pretty much set, just need a fitting bag. I order boxes of straps and small merch from Amiami. If I'm only going for 1 strap in a box I try my luck at the 'group orders' club on my figure collection. For fan merch I browse Storenvy, most custom straps are 6-8 usd plus 2-4 usd shipping and I order 3 at a time to save costs when I can. I also follow a lot of the artists I like on twitter to catch store events. As for dutch options, if you know of new strap releases, Runuri often gets a lot for bigger franchises, they're overpriced but if you get just 1 of a box its less effort than joining a box split.
Hope this all helps!
>>
>>9369068
In doubt if I should go to PlasticZooms and Matenrou Opera, but Hotei for sure!
>>
File: 1486384093874.jpg (7KB, 241x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486384093874.jpg
7KB, 241x255px
>Girlfriend is forcing me to go to Elfia 2017
>What the fuck is this shit I'm a Christian
>Check /cgl/ to understand what people do there
>They dress up as 12 year old Japanese girls or some weird Nabokov meta-fetish

What the fuck, if you're looking for me at Elfia, I'm that guy having no basic understanding of what is going on.
>>
>>9371021
How the fuck does being christian have anything to do with it?

>"buh people do things they like they're weird"
>is part of a cult that believes a virgin gave birth to a child
>shiggydiggy
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9371021
>>
>>9370967
What are these magical affordable storenvy straps you speak of? All the ones I'm looking at are around 10 usd plus 7 usd shipping. I'm all about the multiples but not when they're 10 a pop, y'know.
The itabag thread and facebook group have been good to me for splits, and I've found most things through YJA in the end. I feel lucky for liking a side character with lots of blind box releases, they all end up on YJA for a good price. I might end up making a smaller second bag for fanart charms, but the one I'm working on now is nearly entirely official merch.
If you end up making your own bag, do post it in the itabag thread! I'd love to see how it turns out.
>>
>>9370406
Animecon will have the next meet organised by me. But like >>9370435 said anyone here can hold their own meets. Arranging a con meet is not that hard as long as you don't overthink things:
>1 or 2 weeks before a con, make a post asking if people are up for a meet. Add a strawpoll to easily track how many people are interested and (on multi-day cons) which day works best. Protip: posting with a name makes organising things easier as opposed to everyone being Anonymous.
>Go over the con schedule and look for time slots that have nothing/very little going on. This will likely be around lunch, dinner or during the evenings. Post the time slot(s) in the thread and if people are fine with it, go with it.
>Pick a location that is easy to find. Hotel bars, food courts and such are fine and if the weather is nice you can also do it outside. Don't forget to post a way for people to recognize you. A picture of your prop, keychain or other small trinket works well. Alternatively, put shoe on head.
>Arrive on time, don't look like a creep and have fun!

>>9370435
>Anyone else having troubles with 4chan at the moment?
Slow boards and archived posts are giving me 404 errors on all images posted on and before February 7th. I wouldn't be surprised if chinkmoot decided to automatically delete all images older than 20 days to save on server costs. Other than that things are working as usual.

>>9370359
>Never!
Fine, just don't break anything.
>>
>>9371270
I'm a maker, not a breaker.

>injures self on accident all the time.
>>
>going to RCC and DCC
>Also kinda wants to go to Tomo
>Never heard of Berghem
>Google

Is there any way to get there by train/metro from Rotterdam? From what I've seen it looks like a pretty small town.
>>
>>9371194
Whew, might depend on the character you look for? My character is quite a popular one from Touken Ranbu, he has a ton of straps available and I've never payed over 4 euros in shipping(though now that I look though my wishlist some shipping prices have gone up. I vaguely recall America increasing it's shipping costs for 2017 so that might be the evil-do'er).
One thing that might help, most artists have a personal storefront for their storenvy's, things might have better prices through there and if it's still expensive you can ask artists if they could look into the case, I've done it a few times and every time it was possible to have it cheaper and I just payed them thru paypal directly.

I'll be sure to post it there! I intended to get materials today but due to the rain the market store that has transparent plastic left before I was done with work.
>>
>>9371326
From the top of my head, at Rotterdam CS take the IC/IC Direct to Breda. Transfer to the IC to Zwolle and get out at the shithole known as Oss. From there you can take a bus, use the Tomo shuttle bus (and get scammed) or rent an OV Fiets.
>>
>>9371342
Screenshotted for further reference. I'll see which bus I'll have to take by the time I get to Oss. Thanks!
>>
>>9370548
http://clippylondon.com/products/medium-photo-tote
Clippy bags have multiple windows to put things in. They even have an umbrella that you can personalize. They ship from the UK.
>>
>>9371377
9292, Google Maps and the NS Reisplanner are your friend Anon. But personally I wouldn't say TomoCon is worth traveling 2 hours for.
>inb4 we get yet another boring TomoDiscussion
>>
>>9371377
Afaik only tomo's shuttle bus actually reaches the location and it only goes a few times a day, so just showing up to the station won't end well.
Tomo didn't really care for accessibility, I guess.
>>
File: Capture.png (32KB, 873x370px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32KB, 873x370px
>>9371377
>>9371717
OV Fiets
>€0,01 yearly fee and it's €3,85 to rent a bike for 24 hours.
>Only a 15 minute bike ride on a comfy and well maintained bike
>You can arrive and leave whenever you want
>You have to ride a bike which may not be practical when you're cosplaying. Then again, if this a problem to anyone they clearly aren't worthy of having the Dutch nationality.

Taxi
>€15 per ride, so €30 return.
>Comfy AF, always just one call away

Tomo shuttle bus
>Included in the ticket price this time around
>Only runs 6 times a day on Saturday and 3 times on Sunday (see pic)
>Arrive after 11:00? Fuck you, now you gotta wait until 16:30!
>Shuttle busses are scheduled to leave 4 minutes before the IC from Den Bosch arrives.
No really, way to schedule things TomoFags! Here's some free advice for the bunch of you who are lurking here, have the morning busses to Berghem depart at XX:08. That way everyone travelling by Intercity from both Nijmegen and Den Bosch can get on the shuttle bus with a waiting time of less than 15 minutes. The longest wait would be for those travelling by Sprinter from Nijmegen. Also try to have the return bus arrive at the station around XX:50. That way nobody would have to wait any longer than 10 minutes to get on the IC to Nijmegen or Den Bosch. With love, the Anon who hates you <3
>>
>>9371945
'Oss C.S./Centraal' :')
>>
>>9371945
Please, Tomoanon, wherever you are, for the love of all your visitors, con staff and to prevent even worse reviews than last year, PLEASE FIX THIS
>>
This was brought up in the lolita community thread but nobody answered my question there, so, what region-specific lolita communities are there in the Netherlands? From what I understood from that thread it's become more common to make private meetups because public meetups are quickly flooded by tons of attendees and some people have started keeping to region-specific smaller communities instead. I can't find anything on FB, though. Are there only sub-comms for "uithoeken" like Groningen and Zeeland or is there one closer to Apeldoorn? Living in the middle of the country sounds convenient but not if it means there are no smaller meetups because they always get flooded u_u
>>
>>9372220
You're assuming those buses will 1. be on time and 2. be able to bring enough people so there would be no wait like and both are wrong. The buses are inevitably delayed because they always take too long to drop people off and they can bring like 15 people in one bus. Last year we had to wait 4-5 busses before it was finally our turn. I definitely ain't going to tomo again though, so good luck finding out how much of a disaster it'll be this time.
>>
File: ShineMyPrivilege.jpg (45KB, 350x482px) Image search: [Google]
ShineMyPrivilege.jpg
45KB, 350x482px
>>9371021
Kurwa. Being Christian there is good in a sense.
Although ex-communicated by papal decree you got the knight templars running 'round there. Besides that you can run into any knight camp, and even some historically accurate LARP groups and strike up a conversation about Bible study.

You'd be surprised at some of their knowledge or piousness.
>>
>>9372362
there's a sort of comm for the north and I've heard of a comm in the Randstad. not sure if there are fb groups for them though
>>
>>9372362
facebook /groups/936827516379080/
facebook /groups/427453430632490/

I was also asking about it in that thread and these are the ones I've managed to unearth. One for Rotterdam and surroundings and one for northern lolitas (whether that means Noord-Holland or Groningen/Friesland is unknown to me). No luck for me though, I live in the south.
>>
>>9372498
There is one for Endhoven/Breda/Den Bosch as well but I am not a member of it so I don't know the specific name.
>>
>>9372509
Damn, I want in on that. I found an old post regarding southern meetups so I responded to that, hope something comes of it.
>>
>>9372498
>whether that means Noord-Holland or Groningen/Friesland is unknown to me.

Theoretical it's meant for both. But everyone is from Groningen and Friesland.
>>
>>9372498
groningen/friesland/drenthe (maybe), I don't count Noord-Holland as the north, more Randstad, but that's just my Grun-brains talking
>>
>>9371945
>With love, the Anon who hates you <3
And still buys a ticket...
>>
>>9372702
Just fix the schedule, all this "let's hate everything /cgl/" isn't getting you nowhere.
>>
File: WeerWatWilders.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
WeerWatWilders.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
So I was thinking about hitting up comic-con?
Is it worth it, and are any other gulls going or atleast have telling experiences?
>>
File: pop vinyl bread head.jpg (138KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
pop vinyl bread head.jpg
138KB, 490x490px
>>9373956
What can I say, it's a comic con that only exists to cash in on the geek culture hype. What you'll get is primarily a dealer room where you get to pay premium convention prices and get to see a lot of the same stuff over and over again. I can't blame the dealers for not wanting to take any risks after spending good money on getting a stand, but seeing the same (fun) shirts, plushies, fugly Pop Vinyl figures and common merchandise at every other stand gets old really fast. Of course you also get to spend maybe 20 seconds with an actor and have a signed picture taken for the low price of only €55!
Aside from buying stuff you can go watch the cosplay catwalk, attend some Q&A sessions and panels by actors and fan groups, or go to one of the cosplay photoshoots. As a cosplayer or (amateur) photographer it's worth it just to network and get some quick shots in, with friends it can be okay, but go alone and you'll be in for a bad time.
>>
File: monsterpalooza 2017 v102.jpg (389KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
monsterpalooza 2017 v102.jpg
389KB, 800x1035px
Just got news about LA... I'm not just allowed to visit Alliance studios as long as I like, I'm also going to Monsterpalooza with their help. I'm speechless AND excited. I'm going to have a great time and great stories to tell when I get back I think...

For those who don't know; Alliance studios does major film work, works with Blizzard & Riot for statues & displays and high-quality figurines/maquettes for collecting.
>>
>>9374183
Congrats anon!
>>
>>9374095
Oh god I can't unsee that picture!
>>
>>9374183
Congratulations anon. Please take lot's of pictures for the next thread.
>>
>>9374188
>>9375131
Thanks! Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. I'll take pics of the things I'm allowed to take pics of. Monsterpalooza should be fine though!
>>
>>9375303
I have a strong interest in mask making etc as well, problem is the startup costs and time it actually takes for you to become anything decent.

I know sculpting clay isn't that expensive but the standard. The moldmaking material, the latex etc does add up.
>>
>>9376257
I did some latex casts, moldmaking material is cheap (if you choose gypsum but more prone to breaking and just one time cast) and latex is really not that expensive either since you do a slushing cast and not a solid cast like most resins.
>>
>>9376257
>>9376300
Honestly; plaster is one of the best ways to cast latex in, as the plaster sucks the moisture out of the latex, making it cure better & faster. I'm going to sculpt a bust for my end project which is going to be cast in latex with plaster moulds.
>>
>>9376380
Definitely, but I found it very fragile (maybe I just used a shitty/thin layer plaster mould though) and i couldn't use it a second time, thankfully i didn't have to.
>>
File: spideymould.jpg (1MB, 1800x946px) Image search: [Google]
spideymould.jpg
1MB, 1800x946px
>>9376732
I tend to make sure my plaster moulds are at least 1,5cm thick around all edges. Then you should be able to re-use them. This one is about 3-4cm thick, but for bigger moulds that can get a bit heavy. For this mould we only needed the eyes. The sculpt was largely intact after removing the plaster because plaster doesn't stick to plastiline clay as much as normal clay.
>>
How was RCC?
>>
>>9377842
The con itself was bad. Just a market again, lots of normies and funko pops. Competition was badly organised but kinda fun to watch.
I had a nice time only because I was with nice people.
>>
>>9377850
Sounds like every Comic Con
>>
>>9377850
>>9377920
yeah I don't even know why people expect anything to improve or be better...
>>
>>9377971
It's kinda a shame our comic cons are either boring or commercial beyond the point that it's fun or both
>>
Is the comiccon in utrecht the best comiccon?
>>
>>9378043
And more-so, is it worth it?
>>
>>9378043
More like "Least worst"

I think it had a 5 or 6.something during the CGL poll last year.
Better than Tomocon, worse than Abunai and Animecon..

Is it worth it. To me it would be worth it if I have no other plans and some friends go as well.. Would not chance my own plans, but it is better than sitting at home.
>>
>>9378005
Honestly, they're no different from the UK ones AFAIK
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488663628098.jpg (307KB, 2048x1446px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488663628098.jpg
307KB, 2048x1446px
>>9378043
It's the better one between the two, but it's still just a "beurs". But at least their new floor plan looks promising with the games all being in their own hall now. Plus they had some workshops during the Xmas edition so who knows, maybe in a few editions they'll have some more real content.
>>
>>9378005
All our comic cons are commercial.
Most if not all comic cons in the USA and England are commercial. Basicly your ticket just gives you entrance, expect to pay for everything Else.
>>
>>9378111
desu that's probably why there were little comiccons until suddenly it exploded with them. I think within 1-2y one or two will go broke again because dutchies do not spend hundreds on their commercialism like in the USA.

I enjoyed the cool marvel cosplayers (thor, ironman, spiderman, capt america) they brought in, other than that just like any beurs. Not interested in the actors so then there's just bootleg market beyond that.
>>
>>9378111
I wouldn't call Imagicon commercial (more like forgettable, so I get that people always forget them).
Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to have a nice comic con in the Netherlands. We don't have the nice previews like in the USA, nor, like >>9378204 said, a big spending habit (especially with every stand playing save and selling the same merch). We also don't have the most amazing gast most of the time and a lot of us aren't eager to pay (much) for autographs/photos.
>>9378058 says the British once suck aswell, so why would we get a better one?

Saga for having an early convention midlife crisis.
>>
So has anyone not been allowed into the DCC cosplay compo? Since there were selections
>>
>>9378310
Personaly dont see Imagicon as a Comic con.
In dutch the diffrence is more noticeble a comic con like RCC is beurs and something like Imangicon/abunai/animecon is a festival.
In basics Imagicon does not have a "comiccon"/Beurs type of setup but more of a "fan convention"/festival setup. So that is why i did not count them.
>>
>>9378642
As far as I know, nope. I only hear of ppl getting through.
>>
>>9378642
Saw a few people who didn't go through, at least two.
>>
They accidentally gave me a weekend bracelet yesterday, and I'm still not going back there today.
>>
Why are people doing photoshoots and then sell their costumes? Like the fuck, are you even a fan or are you just desperate for views.
>>
>>9378947
Well, if you use a costume and think you have enough pictures and its not 'worthy' for you to bring to a convention, why not sell it and make someone else happy with it instead of letting it catch mold in your closet
>>
>>9378947
After a while, cosplays take up a lot of closet space. I can imagine some people being selective about what they keep, especially when they like to make several new costumes a year. I doubt they'll make much money from it anyway. Making cosplays tends be expensive and/or time consuming. Though it would be a good strategy for people who love the craft and want to make it their career to get their name out there, so there's that.
>>
>>9379010
>>9379097
I've tried selling my costumes but I just can't do it. I just don't like the idea of people running around in costumes I made for myself. But I do want to get rid of some of them and I just don't know what to do.
>>
RCC was way too small and sold mostly merc.

I saw the guy from the Hobbit the old one who was really amiable during his talk and walking through the public while engaging them and answering questions. That was cool.

Quite enjoyed the cosplay compo too. It went pretty fast and most acts were decent. There was an act after the compo and before announcing the winners which was confusing though.
>>
>>9379256
Maybe think of it as finding a new home for your cosplays?

You don't have to sell them to just whoever throws money your way. Maybe give them to people who really appreciate them?
>>
I know I usually don't buy cosplays that are handmade because I always wonder about the quality, but now that I own one I'm really happy with it, aside from a little wear n tear. Also Iwould never pretend I made it. I recently gave away part on an old costume to a friend, so now we'll see what becomes of it.
>>
>>9379256
I really enjoy seeing ppl in my costumes, especially when they get a lot of attention. And it gives me pocket money to finance new costumes and tools. I usually hate wearing a cosplay I made if i wear it more than 2-3 times, so I sell it.
>>
So I heard from a friend that everyone who competed as a group at RCC will get a ticket to Comic con Dortmund.
>>
>>9380389

Not a bad deal at all!
>>
>>9380284
Why do you hate a cosplay after only wearing it 2-3 times?
>>
>>9378947
I'm more surprised about the people who sale (basically) the same thing multiple times. I know someone who sold circa 7 long blond wigs over 2 year. Some not even styled. I get that people sometimes make mistakes or get a bad order, but this sounds a little extreem to me.

>>9380389
Yup, same organisation.
>>
>>9380389
Does not cost them shit but is an extra person thru the door. So more people in the building the more they can charge for a dealer table.
>>
>>9380463
I've been improving a lot in costume making over the last 3years, and any costume that's over a year old I will always see the imperfections and that makes me hate it. But I hate remaking old stuff, I much rather prefer making something new instead and sell the old one.
Since I only go to cons about 5x a year with about 3 new cosplays each year, that makes around 2 times per cosplay.
>>
>>9380620
I see. I get that in some ways, but as I only make 1 costume, maybe 2, a year, it doesn't go that fast for me.
>>
>>9380620
I feel the same way about things I've sewn over a year ago but since I can see all the faults I'd never dare to sell them and just donate them to charity shops instead.
>>
>>9381103
They look fine, ive seen plenty of horrid costumes over the years and people selling them for prices that's not worth it. It's just not something i want to wear again, and I usually sell them off for a very acceptable price so most times it' instantly sold. I might not wear it with pride anymore but I'm glad others love them either way, even with imperfections that I always point out and adjust the price for appropriately.
I never sold my first cosplays, but I think i improved enough to start asking prices for cosplays I made later and no longer have space for.
>>
I'm an idiot, I wanted a table so I can sit down when sewing cosplays, havea tiny space left so decide on buying a bar table and chairs, because they look great in someone elses house. Foot pedal doesn't touch the floor and neither can my feet when sitting on my bar chairs. Well shite.
>>
>>9381181
omg that's some stupid shit right there
>>
>>9380463
Not the original anon you asked the question, but I have the same problem. I do not hate my costumes, not at all!

I just love making costumes! So I want to show my new stuff, out with the old, in with the new!
>>
>>9381181
Guess it's time to start wearing these right after replacing the footswitch cable.
>>
>>9381226
>>9381181
or get a computerized sewing machine. I got one recently and i never used the pedal ever again.
>>
>>9381181

Put a pedal on the footstool and put that someplace where you can reach. Footstool too short, use a chair or something else instead.

It's clunky but at least you can use the pedal with your foot and use both hands to guide the fabric again.
>>
Seems like someone in CosplayNL wants to take a real bow with him to dcc.. Are people really this stupid?
>>
Does anyone else run into that 'wall' where everything you do for your cosplay only contributes to less than 1% of the total and you just feel like you're not going anywhere? I'm having that right now and it's really frustrating.
>>
>>9381533
Ofc they are! the general public is as dense and stupid they get. I really wonder how often con security has to stop people with (almost) real weapons. No sorry sir, this AWP isn't allowed.
>>
>>9381533
Aslong as you don't take along real arrows it shouldn't be a problem right? Also I guess poundage would be a thing.

Most LARP bows are by regulation 25 pounds. And although you could, if using sharp arrows and a good amount of luck, really hurt somebody with it. I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed there but people would have no problem with people walking around with them at a fair? Esp with the IDV arrowheads it's damn near impossible to hurt somebody, worst you could do is collateral damage, and you'd still have to be a special kind of stupid for that.
>>
>>9381548
I would definetely have a problem if I saw someone with a usable bow at a con. Never trust those fucking weebs
>>
>>9381533
>>9381538
I don't know about cons, but last or second last Castlefest, the weapon check confiscated a "replica" gun that worked and was loaded.
>>
>>9381566
Talk about next level immersion wew lad.

>>9381563
I sorta forgot we were talking weebs, as much as I have a bad rep for your common LARPer, I think I'd trust hyper active kids even less.

And that's saying something.
>>
>>9381103
>>9381142

I've bought someones old cosplay, wasn't the best out there, but looked pretty good compared to some china cosplays. It was a character I really liked but didn't love enough to spend a lot of money on, so the fact that it was cheap didn't make bother the small mistakes.

I can't wear it anymore unfortunately, but that because of other reasons.
>>
Appearantly there i this new company trying to contact specifically anime and gaming companies. They are called "LOZ" they seem to be making something quite the same as Nano-blocks.
https://www.loz-blocks.com
If I checkout their products there is an awefull lot of pokemon, gundam and disney stuff here. They also have a dutch site. Has anyone here heard of them before?
>>
>>9381617
Nice shilling
>>
Seems like the measurements are the same as nanoblok?never heard of this stuff befor
>>
>>9381617
I've never heard of them, but a quick Google search shows that Loz Blocks are (mostly) cheap Chinese knock-offs of the Japanese Nanoblock kits. Also none of their products are officially licensed, so if you're a dealer enjoy having your stuff confiscated at the major conventions.
>>
>>9378642
Team Chaos is making up all of these weird bullshit rules to stop people from being able to enter the contest.
When you ask them why your entry got rejected they always throw in the "it's a international professional contest with professional rules" line or "we don't think your act will be entertaining enough for the crowd". Which is completely false ofcourse. DCC is by far not at the same rank as Animecon.
As always they are just acting like a bunch of dicks. A lot of people are thinking of boycotting them.
They try to put out there that they think that cosplay is for everyone. Well so far for keeping that promiss.
>>
>>9381708
You sound salty anon. Did you get rejected?
>>
>>9381708
My little sister didn't even get rejected, and if they approved her stuff you must be legitimately shitty to get rejected.
>>
>>9381708
Thats a little one sided. I don't think its false what they're saying though, cus the first price is a trip to Spain right. Kinda makes sense to be strict on the rules.

But either way calling them a dicks because you didn't get selected is kinda salty..

I didn't get selected either but they're still offered me to go on stage before the competition to show my costume so i don't know how thats a dick move..
>>
>>9381778
The journey to Spain is only for the Sunday contest.
>>
>>9381778
That will depend on if all people who are selected magically turn out to be good or close friends with Team Chaos. What you say, trip to Spain? We will see if all participants are just going to be Team Chaos' personal friends list.
>>
>>9381813
i guess thats to be seen although they kinda know a lot of people so who are considered "close friends" ? I'm curious at how they will be doing this since all other cosplayers who organised competitions have failed miserably so far.
>>
Cheap knock-off of nanoblock indeed. U can them on alixpress, they even failed to make it less obvious. Even the blueprints are exsactly the same as nano. Good luck gettin busted at the bootleg-checkup
>>
Is it worth it to go to DCC if you're only interested in gaming?
>>
>>9382362
I heard GameRoomS will be there, so probably yes, unless you have a problem with those guys.
>>
>>9381819
desu it was too steep of an entry for them to pick up, so many requirements, pre-election and act etc. I think it's a little much for a first time thing and I didn't even try to join because of that
>>
>>9381819
Which cosplayers organized competitions? So far i only heard of Team Chaos? Am i missing a lot of drama? :(
>>
>>9382424
MMMC organised plenty of cosplay compo's and so did Esmee In Cosplay.
>>
>>9381819
"Close friends"? Oh you mean all those ass kissing fanboys and fangirls? I wonder how many of them will get an entry for doing that.
>>
>>9382471
Esmee in Cosplay only organized the dcc compo last year.
>>
>>9381640
Major conventions do not confiscate bootleg stuff, they will not allow selling bootlegs, if you as a dealer brought them with you, you are left with two options, take it away and don´t sell bootlegs or get kicked out of the convention.

Animecon is pretty strict in that, not only will they kick dealers out, but they also hand out bans for that, usually for several years, permanent if you start to throw insults and threats at the people working for Animecon.
>>
>>9382545
My bad, I recalled something about confiscating and destroying bootleg material aside from kicking the dealer out if the con.
>>
>>9382504
anon you gotta show what was so shitty that you didn't get accepted
>>
I did saw bootlegs at RCC.
>>
>>9382589
rcc isnt major
>>
>>9382589
God, I cringed at the amount of bootleg mikus I saw at RCC
>>
>>9382539
Yes, but she did organise a competition tho. So it counts.
>>
>>9382555
Confiscating and detroying property, only governement officials can do that. The destroying part is usually only after a court order has been issued.

If Animecon or any other convention or festifal would do that than they would be way out of line.
>>
>>9382607
Why go to a con that you know you won't like?
That's like hineside complaining and a wast of money if you ask me. Just don't go then.
>>
>>9382641
I feel like you're misunderstanding >>9382607
>>
Where there even any good cosplays at Comicon Ahoy?
>>
>>9382424
well, usually cosplayers and organising a competition does not mix. yes, an organisor can cosplay some times but you can't focus in both.
All major events have dedicated people. MCM, japan expo, Animecon. Organising and cosplaying are two different things. having competed myself and seen it up close, I know you can't do both properly.
>>
>>9382856
I think its also a bias thing.
I find that when the organiser is an active cosplayer , worse cosplay make it to the show. Either good cosplayers dont want to participate in those kind of shows or judt dont get padt pre selections.

Like when Raven and Natasha were doind the cosplay for Abunai. A friend of mine was denied while she had an awesome cosplay and show. But than people with a bought tangeld cosplay and cut out guitar make it onto the stage
>>
>>9383532
I can remember a cut out guitar and tangled cosplay at Atusuacon anon, not Abunai.
>>
>>9382856
What major screw ups did they do? While organising? :D
>>
>>9383532
maybe it is because cosplayers promote themselves by being visible. And who best to make themselves visible than their friends. Real organisors get the best attention by creating the best show.

The result is that the cosplayers who branch into organising are doing it half assed. They don´t take enough time to prepare and the deadlines are just not thought out. And in the meanwhile they will try to find every opportunity to get themselves in the picture. I would not be surprised to see team chaos participate in the DCC competitions themselves. And when the show is done, they walk away. Partyvengers did the compo like one year, until they got bored.

When you look at Animecon, you see the same faces for years, and they all know what to do and I know who to contact. First Jeroen, then Karlijn and I have no clue if someone else has ever organised it. The same faces backstage as well. The difference in quality and trust I have when I participate in a competition are like day and night. In the first one I expect little and I get less, in the other I expect a lot and I get that exactly.
>>
>CosplayNL:"I want to make this cosplay but I'm now to it, anyone advice for the entire cosplay?"
>Learn 2 sew
>>
>>9383728
Slow response, late deadline, fuzzy rules which change, vague selection criteria, crappy judges, judging not properly prepared I have seen and experienced them all. Do I need to go on?
>>
>>9383739
i wanna flame so bad on these posts but yeah i'm too nice for that, plus it gets deleted anyway.
>>
>>9383736
Team chaos won't be participating nor will they be jury. I've asked them this as well and they replied that they are purely organizing it nothing else. I think though that they might be presenting but that wasn't entirely clear. Honestly I'm really curious as to how this will go. They even got international judges so let's hope it doesn't flop
>>
>>9383772
I don't have high hopes the venue is dutchcomiccon. If it's more of the same they have been showing the last year they aren't doing much.
>>
>>9383772
international judges ain't worth shit. The reason theres a trip to spain prize is because you are going to be an international judge there, so they can announce they have an international judge. With xmas con one of the judges was the winner from spain comic con, that won a trip to holland.
Two birds with one stone.
>>
>>9384018
judging for dcc comp are Leon Chiro, Bakka Cosplay, Enji Night. idk anon but those don't sound like your average winner of a sister contest international judges. but what the fuck do i know.
>>
>>9384364
No because its not like Leon is totally in love with every girl from PRISM
>>
>>9384375
What's that got to do with anything?
>>
Wouldn't it be cool if a con allowed the audience to vote on a "crowd favourite act"? These days nearly everyone has a smartphone anyway and there's plenty of time between acts to let people vote. You don't even have to build for app for it, a webpage would work fine and allows people with all (mobile) operating systems to vote. Security-wise they could combine it with the ticket service login, allowing only those who bought a ticket to vote -or- force a Google/FB login for those watching through a livestream.
This is just a brainfart tho, I believe I had a similar idea last year while watching the AMV competition at Animecon. If anything it would make the competitions a bit less passive to watch.
>>
>>9384375
even if that's the case that's why there's more than one judge.
>>
>>9384413
I think it could work with AMV but with cosplay votes might go to the more popular series or funny act rather than the best cosplay. And more famous who have a "fanbase" would have an advantage. It's also not like the crowd can look up close to see details.
>>
>>9384375
In b4 he slept with atleast two of them.
>>
>>9384457
Tell me moar Anon!
>>
>>9384457
Lol sure. It's not like Leon has Jessica or anything (who is super sweet by the way)
>>
>>9384457
Leon is happily engaged. I can ensure you that he hasn't slept with anyone aside his fiancée. They may WISH they had slept with him. Not surprised they're spreading shit like that.
>>
>>9384413
I love this idea so much. A judges prize and a crowd favourite prize. But yeah as >>9384450 says, there's a risk for 'fanbases' and popularity contests. It could be both judges choice and crowd's choice, then you have both sides of the argument; the good and enjoyable act as well as the good quality cosplay
>>
>>9384457
If we gotta place bets, moekke def didn't sleep with him, she's classy.
Kind of sad she's quite insecure because she is really pretty.
>>
>>9384659
I'm going to repeat myself here: Leon didn't sleep with ANY of the Dutch girls.

Also, Moekke has a boyfriend.
>>
>>9384457
This is the biggest bullshit spread here in a long time.
>>
>>9384504
>>9384597
Leon is single though. He broke up with Jessica a couple of months ago.
>>
>>9385140
He and Enji Night seem to be... close
>>
>>9385140
Oh that's pretty sad actually... I liked them together.
>>
>>9385140
>>9385143
I literally have no idea who these people even are.
>>
>>9385176
join the club
>>
>>9385232
^^^this is for the people that want to laugh at her because you all found her ugly rite ?
>>
>>9384659
None of the PRISM girls are classy.
>>
>>9385232
Why are you trying so hard?
>>
Some people here just want to stir shit eh?
>>
>>9385232
What has Isanami done that she deserves so much hate?

I'm really trying to understand so please, anyone, elaborate me.
>>
File: oops.jpg (60KB, 960x374px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
60KB, 960x374px
Nishicon changed it's date and skillfully edited their fb banner.
Kudo's for not only editing it with shitty handwriting but also with the most repulsive magenta shade, I love it.
>>
>>9385306
Oh my god, I thought you where kidding.
>>
>>9385306
Ow, my eyes
>>
>>9385306
You know what I already mentioned the color and writing but I didn't even notice before that it was also done with the soft brush.
This is a gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>9381708
They also changed the rules. Suddenly you are obliged to also have a proper act, instead of a walkon. Very unprofessional if you ask me. You win a place in the final contest with a walkon and Suddenly you have to come up with an act. I don t get it.
>>
>>9385306
I would had used Comic Sans for aesthetics. Missed opportunity really...
>>
>>9385306
Cucking Yaycon much with the date? 'De een zijn dood is de ander zijn brood' kinda.
>>
>>9385263
Isanami has done nothing wrong. This is just some salty anon that has some serious issues. I see the post with her real name was already removed. For all I know she is just a kind, cute, insecure girl. All these posts on 4chan probably didn't help her insecurity which is probably also the reason she removed some of her pictures from her page.
>>
File: ssd.png (218KB, 549x679px) Image search: [Google]
ssd.png
218KB, 549x679px
tfw someone doesnt know what elastic bands are so he's posting a video of it in cosNL asking what it is.

I'm done.
>>
>>9385519
Anon pls you can't expect a guy to know anything about sewing, fabric or material terms, that's GAY!
>>
>>9385535
Haha tell that to all the 'bro's who sew' in the RPF topic. Not to mention one of my favourite twitch streamers is a tailor, loves sewing and is hilarious!
>I know you're joking
>>
>>9385519
i wasn't sure if it was a test to see what posts the mods are willing to approve or if he's just this plain stupid

>>9385544
can't sew better glue everything. I gotta admit I was in that stage once.
>>
>>9384375
Omg here we go again, so PRISM sleep with all the photographers for photos or sleep with videographers for MV's

And now they sleep with judges or international guest right ?

Or maybe just maybe they are nice bunch of girls and people genuinely like them ? And you are just being salty about this and try to stir shit up ? Which also explains why YOU won't be liked as they do.

Just saying.
>>
File: IMG_9401.jpg (301KB, 1242x1430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9401.jpg
301KB, 1242x1430px
Seriously ? A other one of those photographers that are doing "boudoir" KJC photography seems to have set a trend. But at least he does a pretty decent job.

But this is just a hot mess, and in my opinion is Vincent trying too hard to copy KJC photography.

Your opinions ?
>>
>>9385951
I don't agree with posting lingerie pics on facebook either way, nowadays loads of photographers are doing shoots like that, and the quality shows itself
>>
>>9385951
Does he edit his pictures to make her look asian or something? She doesn't look like herself.
>>
>>9385951
>Your opinions
Meh.
>>
>>9385944
Okay so I never said anything about them sleeping with Leon? We were talking about judge bias before this whole sex scheme some set up after me. I'm talking about how much Leon likes them and I'm unsure if he can be personally unbiased during judging, but that's me.

Also, I don't dislike prism at all. I some of those girls are great, but I don't know them all personally, so I can't judge all of them. :/
>>
>>9385306
Fucking pieces of shit, that's what Nishicon's organisers are. "Soooo Tsunacon's gone and the only other con in that period is yaycon LOL YEAH LETS FUCK EM OVER" jfc
>>
>>9386357
I honestly think the dude that mentioned the sleeping part is not being serious. Why would one else speak in memespeak?
>>
>>9385951
Since when did KJC invent boudoir? He might be the first dutch photographer to do cosplay boudoir in the Netherlands. But vincent is only talking about normal boudoir photoshoots here, that is nothing new.
>>
>>9386492
Agreed, it really confused me when everyone started replying seriously.
>Jokes about everything turning into a shitstorm in these threads
>Causes a shitstorm with said joke
Oh, the irony...
>>
>>9385951
>Your opinions ?
My opinion is that I don't need to have nor express an opinion on matters I know very little about or simply don't care about.
>>
>>9385984
Doesn't really look Asian imho... Just black hair and eyeliner

She might not look like her self because she doesn't have her standard mouth-half-open-sheepishly-staring-at-you pose.
>>
>>9386357
>I'm talking about how much Leon likes them.

I hope I don’t start shit, I'm just curious, but where do you get that impression from? I don’t follow both parties that much, but to my knowledge, they haven't had any interaction beyond Abunai. And considering all the awesome and pretty/cute/insert-fetish cosplayers Leon gets to see 80 times a year, I really don't see why he would be interested in some puny Dutch cosplayers.
>>
>>9386438
Yaycon is aimed at a less diverse audience so good for nishi. It's already getting tough enough with all those new events.
>>
File: popuko cheeks.png (33KB, 332x268px) Image search: [Google]
popuko cheeks.png
33KB, 332x268px
How do I acquire a tall Dutch cutey pie?
>>
>>9386826
Tinder.
>>
File: Cordanacompilatieupdate.jpg (343KB, 923x596px) Image search: [Google]
Cordanacompilatieupdate.jpg
343KB, 923x596px
We're getting there. Worked on the horns today with the woodburner, caulking and epoxy glue. I have sanding, priming and painting to do, but it should look a lot less messy than on the pic. The mess is mostly on the inside of the horn as it's the glue.

Then I also strapped the hip armour. We're getting there. Next step is to attach the horns to the head and wire the LED's.
>>
>>9386883
But would a tinder girl be willing to marry and start a big happy family with me
>>
>>9386958
Most people, yes. But you, No.
>>
>>9387003
But I'm good looking
>>
>>9387016
Prove it.
>>
>>9387405
People other than my mom have told me so. My green eyes are a real hit with the ladies
>>
I always wondered if ICutie's circle lenses are original designs or existing ones with their lable smacked on them. So I went online to see if I could get info about it.
I get a video recommended from a Dutch youtuber titled "KLEURLENZEN | ECHT VS NEP" and holy shit, this is bad.

>average 18 year old Tumblr alt girl who's happy with her first bunny tatoo. So fare not bad.
>misses one of her circle lenses because she didn't take good care of them. (I want to note that this can happen, but it is the how package that makes it stupid)
>tries to explain the difference between hard and soft contacts. Ends up not knowing the difference.
>"I take 15 minutes to take them in, because I'm scared. Or something. I don't know"
>"I hope my makeup doesn't leak from tearing"
>for some reason thinks she's an expert when she tells circle lenses are good for a year.
>actually shows footage af her struggling with the contacts (do people think this is cute or something?)
>contact hits her makeup multiple times.
>doesn't get her bottle open of her fake China contacts
>"what do Japanners have with difficult wrapping. Uuuuhhhh I hate Japan because of their wrapping".
>Struggles for 15 minutes to get the lens out of the bottle.
>does put fresh lens solution in the case though.
>but then immediately puts the fake contacts in her eye. And with immediate I mean after more footage of her struggling.
>tells the fake ones are shit (no shit sherlock).
>"I expected more of the fake lenses"
>"the fake lenses hurt"
>The rest is after talk.

You're 18. You should know better.
>>
>>9387875
>How do I acquire a tall Dutch cutey pie?

Too bad, own counter argument detected.
Guess you will have to rent your cutie pie. For little over a hundred you can get half an hour if you look well.
>>
>>9387935
Why would being an attractive green eyed man prevent me from marrying a nice Dutch girl? Besides, aren't the whores mostly from Eastern Europe anyway?
>>
>>9388010
Because you're full of shit.
>>
>>9387886
That girl is pretty much showing you how to get an eye infection. Here's how to it right, based on the assumption you are using soft contacts:
>Follow basic hygiene: always wash your hands before touching with your contacts.
>Always insert your contacts before applying any make-up.
>Decent contact fluids will clean your contacts overnight. However if you are noticing visible white specs on your contacts you are likely dealing with protein build-up. To remove this, generously apply contact cleaner to your hands, flip the contact inside out, gently slide it around over your wet skin and let it sit in your contact fluid overnight.
>Never wear your contacts for longer than 12~16 hours a day and remove them if your eyes start to feel dry. For new or infrequent wearers this time period will occur after 6 to 12 hours of wear.
>Don't continue to wear contacts that have passed either the expiration date or the amount of days they can be used after opening the sterile packaging.
>Putting your contacts in for the first time can be scary, and that's fine. However your eyes aren't made out of pudding and won't explode when pushed onto like they do in the movies. Just keep doing it until it becomes second nature. Also if you're really having issues getting them in, take a break and allow your eyes to get wet again as contacts are supposed to float on to of your eyes.
>Don't be an idiot, never try to resurrect contacts that have dried up. Feel something burning in your eye? Remove your contacts, make sure your contacts are clean and you don't accidentally got something in your eyes. Still burning? Yeah, just throw them out because your contacts are probably damaged. And yes, they can still be damaged even if you don't see any scratches.
Also, here's a link to the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1sV6-85pec

This message has been approved by Pearle
>>
>>9388107
But if that were true, my eyes would be brown
>>
>>9385083
slut
>>
Speaking of circle lenses, where do Dutch anons get theirs? I'm looking for natural-looking toric (astigmatism) lenses but every website I've found requires a credit card and I don't have one. I've never needed one before and it feels a bit silly to get a credit card just to make my eyes look a little bigger.
>>
>>9388606
I used to use kleurlenzen.nl but they don't exist anymore I think. Then there's the standard ones everyone always links. But as I've got strength to my eyes, I can't get the ones I'd like. Unless I want to pay 250 for a single contact. No thanks.
>>
>>9388628
I've never seen €250 for a single contact, unless you're talking about something like custom sclera lenses...
>>
>>9388688
I'm talking about custom painted FX contacts yeah. And they are on strength on request. Not necessarily sclera even. But then again, the biz is not short on money usually. I am.
>>
>Hello.

Nearly finished with this project. Some final sanding, minimal sculpting and then painting....
>>
>>9389084
Worst Captain America ever! No but seriously, it's nice to to see Spidey taking shape. I can't wait to see the final result.
>>
>>9389084
For a glimpse of a second I was jealous of this man's baby-level manscaping in the thumbnail.

Anyway; looking good anon!
>>
>>9387886
>doesn't get her bottle open of her fake China contacts
>"what do Japanners have with difficult wrapping. Uuuuhhhh I hate Japan because of their wrapping".
The funny thing is that in Japan they don't even sell those bottle type of lenses. At least from what I've seen/bought. It's just in the same type of wrapping as NL.
>>
kythana's selfposts are getting really annoying especially since she shares them in more than one group. it feels pretty desperate for likes
>>
>>9388702
Anon, "on strength" is a Dutchism, the correct phrase is precsription.
>>
>>9392109
>making a typo while trying to correct someone
...*prescription
>>
>>9392109
My optician calls it strength when explaining which eye has what, but getting the contacts itself is called prescription. So yeah. It works, in a way.
>>
File: IMG_20170315_183001.jpg (3MB, 5344x4008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_183001.jpg
3MB, 5344x4008px
>>9392190
>>9392109
You are both wrong. The prescription is a collection of all the values the contacts need to have, with "sterkte" being refractive power. So using my own prescription as an example, in English the order would be prescribed contacts (or brand), base curvature, diameter, refractive power, cylinder, axis.

Also why are we even discussing this? Theres no point in nitpicking on these matters as long as we can understand each other.
>>
>>9392215
No, >>9392190 is right. It can be called both strength and power.

From Wikipedias 'Eyeglass prescription' page (because I'm lazy):

The most important characteristic of a lens is its principal focal length, or its inverse which is called the lens strength or lens power.
>>
>>9392215
Och atleast it puts some non-drama life into the thread.
Also if language purity isn't your thing I pray for your soul when you'll set a foot into the pre-teen cesspool that is the Nederdraad on /int/.
>>
>>9392329
>Nederdraad
Just the title in itself makes me cringe.
>>
>>9392342
Then you have not been tainted by the Warp just yet. There's still hope anon, stay pure and wise. You are the Dutch comms last hope of not reeking of Cheeto-dust and forlorn hopes.

Godspeed.
>>
>>9392106
She's trying to get more fame judging by the 'I pole dance, maybe I should cosplay stocking with less clothes while pole dancing'
>>
>>9392313
BORING!
>>
>>9393280
you bumped the thread for that
>>
>>9392407
Tbh I think she is just really happy with her accomplishments and her cosplays.
The over share is a bit annoying but if you are proud of your work why not.
>>
>>9392407
She's just stating facts, poledancing with long stockings or pants doesnt work because your skin is what gives grip on the pole.
As for the over-sharing, I didnt even notice. She's not that interesting.
>>
>>9393326
haha bullshit she rarely wants to do any compos this sound slike u guys are just jelly. Omg this is rich.
>>
A shoot. I thought they where only going to watch from the side line. Apparently they decided to became gulls too.

Alright guys, their's going to be some shit posting for a couple of days. Ignore it until they get bored.
>>
>>9386627
Another Jeaulous review of someones work. Jacky and this guy even know eachother. You base this info on nothing. Somany other boudoir shoots out in the community as well and u pick this guy? was it the model ur jelly of? tell me?
>>
>>9393991
They? Again a person who seems to be able to get in people theri heads and read their mind. And even trying to sound wise. awesome. You dont even know there might be another group watching not just the people whom are ur target. try again.
>>
I see more creepy strangers around trying to fix cosplay boudoir pictures just because they think it's normal now. They don't even know what cosplay is.
Where's the whole cosplay is not consent thing?
>>
File: 17-03-13-12-42-24-316_deco.jpg (512KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
17-03-13-12-42-24-316_deco.jpg
512KB, 958x960px
>>
>>9394115
What? Go read up what consent means. And cosplay has tons of forms. Even boudouir. Denying them is useless. Nigri got famous showing her boobs, wether u approve it or not.
>>
>>9393985
Reading comprehension is the ability to read text, process it, and understand its meaning.
You seem to lack it.
>>
>>9393999
I do believe you are replying to the wrong person here.
>>
>>9394115
As soon as people found out cosplayers are interested in boudoir shoots they jumped on the hype train. The whole coslay is not consent thing to me feels like 'I'm going to waltz around nearly naked and don't you dare harrass me' feminist thing. Men get told to wear a jockstrap/something to cover their weiners underneath tight clothes, but women are allowed to hang nearly everything out and yell about not being allowed to slut shame them.
>>
>>9394997
Not entirely the same thing. The dance belt just looks a lot better than seeing someone's package in full detail. Women with cameltoes are not appreciated either and them wearing special underwear to smooth stuff out is prettier to look at in cosplay too. It's a matter of making stuff look better, not a 'this is harassment' thing.

People complain about people getting offended are usually the most sensitive ones themselves, as they have to cry about how 'unfair' it is. Just use your common sense and shrug it off. If not, you may want to have a good look in the mirror.
>>
>>9394828
U are correct. Haha was for the same one u were replying to. Apologies.
>>
>>9395049
I'm a girl, I should be happy about having an advantage over guys. Trust me I don't want to see dicks flopping around,but it's their choice to wear or not wear it. Instead of having women yell to men how they are perverts and 'what if kids look at it' while at the same time they empower women doing lingerie shoots and walking with their ass out (animecon 2016 does it ring any bells?)
>>
>>9395049
Why the condescending tone and trying to put other people down that don't share your opinion? Great example of shrugging it off, not trying to put yourself on moral high ground at all.
>>
>>9395255
I'm just saying that the dancebelt makes stuff look a lot better and has less to do with the 'ladies walk around with everything out' imo.

>>9395326
It's what people do, isn't it. Oh the irony.
>>
>>9394997
oh god it's one of those "well she was asking for it, look at what she was wearing" types.

you can like revealing cosplays or not, but nobody is ever asking for harassment

>inb4 fucking sjw
>>
>>9395393
Not that Anon, but here's a "sober Dutch thought" for you. To me everyone is free to do whatever they want. However this doesn't mean one's actions should come without any consequences. The moment you go through with an action is also the moment you accept any and all of the consequences that go with said action. If you can't accept these consequences then simply don't go through with said actions, it's as simple as that.
So yes, you know that when you post boudoir or lewd pictures of yourself online that some will probably jack off to them while others will judge and ridicule you for it. You know that when you roam a convention wearing a skimpy outfit or showing off full bulge/camel toe people will stare at you, maybe sneak in a picture or judge you for walking around like that. When you sleep around with everybody and their brother you know people will see you as a easy to get fucktoy. When you commit murder you know you get to do time in prison and lose most if not all of your friends because they now see you as a sick fuck. So again, if you can't accept the consequences of your actions then don't fucking make them. And there's no point in defending someone for their actions either, they already made their choice when they decided to go through with their actions.
>>
>>9395568
And just to add to this, defending someone after they made their choice is just as disrespectful as those bashing someone for their actions are. Who are you to decide they are wrong to accept the consequences of their own decisions?
>>
Not sure what's worse. This messed up thread or one that's coming next seeing tomo is around the corner. I should get popcorn. I hope dcc is decent though. I really like their guests this year
>>
>>9395845
This explains why Tomoanon has been inactive for a while now haha he is too busy with preps voor Tomo
>>
>>9395631
Different anon here but what kind of weird remark is this? "People are fucked up for judging!"

No they're not. That's my by God given right to uphold my own sense of morals, and to a degree other people are allowed to have those morals too aslong as they align themselves mostly with mine.
Now I hear you think "but anon, you really sound like a dick here." And sure, that might be. But if you want to tell me I should not judge people for doing something I see as wrong, then you are the only immoral person here.
The only way to change this is to change the public's opinion of this. And you're really not doing that, looking at the droves of "cosplay isn't slutty!" threads you have to swathe through to get on anything good on this site.

People dressing with no common decency is something that should be judged, to an extent I enjoy eye candy, sure. But that doesn't mean it's not bad. I enjoy filling myself with heroin though, it doesn't mean it's in any way right or moral.

People are never explicitly asking to be harassed, and the people sexually harassing (wo)men in cosplay are far lower than the people showing no common deceny by dressing in barely anything.
But that doesn't take away the fact that those mentioned above aren't acting like degenerates themselves.
>>
>>9395568
Being sexy is a crime. :^)

Also accepting the fact that there are pervs doenst give them a excuse to touch someone without permission.
>>
>>9395902
>(...) is just as disrespectful as those bashing someone for their actions are.
I said bashing, not judging. I do hope you can see the difference between expressing your opinion on one's actions, and continuously harassing them over it.
>>
>>9396012
Good plan, let's ignore the message and joke about. That will totally shows the world how wrong I am! Then again it's clear you think differently about this and aren't open for any new ideas that don't fit your existing ones. Have a nice day love.
>>
>>9395568
>>9395902
>>9396012
Though anon may not have worded it as elegant, I agree cause wow that is some... Judgement is not harassment, which is what I meant.

Wearing sexy cosplays is not comparable to crimes or drug use and sexy cosplays are not asking for harassment.
>>
>>9395393
I don't think that Overwatch guy who neglected to wear a dance belt was too happy being posted in this thread and having people make fun of his penis, either. Why weren't you in here telling people off and defending him? A floppy dick in cosplay does not imply consent!
>>
>>9396093
Being made fun of and harassment are not the same thing but good job anon, A+ on the logical thinking.

If he were getting sexual remarks, emphasis on him actually being targeted, or groped because of the lack of dance belt, that is harassment.
>>
>>9396041
Bashing is a rather broad term, so it was kinda open to interpretation.
>>
File: IMG_9249-1.jpg (4MB, 3556x1737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9249-1.jpg
4MB, 3556x1737px
>obligatory WIP post to get thread back on topic.
>>
>>9396161
So it's okay for us to make fun of slutty cosplayers with their tits and ass hanging out? You said it.
>>
>>9396434
I wouldn't say ridiculisation would be the way to go.

Although what they are doing is in no-way showing good moral fibre. Which has connotations all it's own.
Different anon than the one you responded too.
>>
>>9395568
I don't really think that jacking off to someone's skimpy cosplay photo is really 'harrasment. The person who posted them online will never find out. Is it a bit creepy, yeah. Also it's a bit naive to think nobody will jerk off from your boudoir shoots. So I think most cosplayers already know this when they post them online. You can do whatever you like in the privacy of your bedroom and bother nobody with it.

Only if you took your dick out in front of a skimpy cosplayer, that would be harassment. and she might be dressed skimpy, that is no reason to harass her. Just like it's not ok to grab that D.va crossdresser by his penis, even though he 'put it on display'
>>
>>9396434
Nah, I said harassment and mocking are not the same thing. Again with the A+ reasoning anon.

But if that's what gets your weenie hard, go ahead, we won't judge you.
>>
File: we dont know.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
we dont know.gif
428KB, 200x183px
Guys help me I need a quick and easy cosplay idea for dutch comic con.

I went as gremlin d.va at facts last octobor to give you a idea.
>>
File: Hol-ned.jpg (44KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
Hol-ned.jpg
44KB, 460x460px
Found a pic for OP and it made me chuckle.
>>
File: 7drHiqr.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
7drHiqr.gif
973KB, 312x213px
Finally decided to have a go at making the smoke machine

First impressions: fuck cartomizers, theyre too slippery to make solder actually stick well
Oh and you don't need a freaking jst switch as the valkyrie tutorial suggests.

Will post everything later
>>
What is the best way to order something from ardawig to the netherlands? Minque never has the right model or color I'm searching for
>>
I MADE FIRE

Ok so the JST board isn't needed, i just soldered that stuff together, positive to positive etc. Had to do soldering twice for the cartomizer, the attachment points for the battery are smooth, so be very wary if your solder is actually sticking well and connecting.

The most crucial things are
-kanger t2 cartomizer (5eu),
-3.7V 2000mAh li ion battery (5eu)
-3V fish tank pump (3eu)
-fish tank tubing (2eu, 3mm)
-and a switch + wiring! I tore up a broken fairy lights battery casing for the switch, and speaker wire (ghetto as fuck, i like it).
-fog liquid, i used pure glycerine. 4eu for a bottle from a local african hairstyle store. I tested this vs a 50-50mix with pure water, but pure glycerine gives a much thicker smoke result.

So 19eu total

Skills/tools required:
Soldering
Hot glue
Electrical tape

I'll show it in the costume later

rescuethisthreadplz
>>
File: IMG_20170319_142208.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_142208.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
(btw i tried like a dozen times to upload a video or photo under 4mb but 4chan wouldn't let me)
Questions are welcome
>>
File: smoke_machine.webm (355KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
smoke_machine.webm
355KB, 224x400px
>>9397592
Videos uploaded to 4chan must be webm files and may not have an audio channel unless posted on /gif/ and /wsg/.
>>
>>9397660
That sounds like too much effort to go through, so thank you!
>>
>>9397592
With several people going for smoke machines, and me abstaining for now, I wonder how often we'll get smoke alarms go off (I know it's just vapour, but our hypersensitive fire detection system at uni detected it anyway).
>>
File: 4chan webm settings.png (262KB, 1035x1028px) Image search: [Google]
4chan webm settings.png
262KB, 1035x1028px
>>9397669
No problem, it's only two seconds of work once you've gone through the one time process of setting Premiere up for WebM exports:
>Download and install the Open WebM plugin for Adobe Premiere from http://www.fnordware.com/WebM/
>Launch Adobe Premiere, put the video you want to convert on the timeline, make changes where you wanted and go to File -> Export -> Media
>Match all the export settings as they are in this screenshot. Protip: save these settings as a new preset so you'll never have to worry about picking the right settings ever again.
>Click export, wait for the video to render and enjoy your WebM.
>>
>>9397705
Cool thanks, I got adobe premiere already

>>9397701
Smoke detector in my room didn't go off after running it quite often, but glad you notified me of that, I should stop playing around with it before it does
Cons are generally in large areas so it should be fine
>>
>>9397701
>I wonder how often we'll get smoke alarms go off
If the food stands don't trigger any smoke alarms I doubt a couple of hacked vaporizers will. So unless someone is deliberately filling up the toilets or some other small confined space with smoke I doubt we'll get to see a conventions fire emergency plan in action.
>>
>>9397728
Haha I forgot about the foodstalls. Ok we'll be fine y'all.
>>
So animecon posted about team chaos their trip in japan saying that they won C4. But thats not true. Deathstrike won together with another guy but he is not even there.
>>
How do you guys feel about carnaval? Most cosplayers I know hate it because because of it, cosplay always get associated with "drunk people in ugly costumes".
>>
>>9398848
I grew up with it and loved it. But then I saw it slowly change with 'carnaval tourism' from the people who DIDN'T grow up with it and the entire atmosphere changed. It's no longer fun, it's just a barrage of people thinking they can drink for 4 days straight. The spirit of Carnaval is more than just the alcohol and that's gotten lost in the past 10 years. Though I grew up with it; I no longer celebrate.
In the chance that I'm in the Netherlands during carnaval, I dress up and possibly watch the parade, but other than that, I stay at home. People are free to experience it, but it's no longer the carnaval it used to be in my opinion.
>>
>>9398897
To me the best day of carnaval is still the big parade in the city, and yes, getting piss drunk in the afternoon is part of it to an extent. But even so it's good to see old mingle with the new. I feel carnaval is only really when I can take my whole family (grandma included) along.

Although the evenings just feel like a weak Halloween rip-off, with all the problems those bring.

>>9398848
Wouldn't understand why a cosplayer would hate it. Being confused with carnavalsgangers is a lot less bad than being seen as nerdy sluts.
>>
>>9398848
It's another shitty alcohol holiday. I hate drunk people so of course I'd hate carnaval. I grew up in Limburg so I grew accustomed to locking myself into my room for a week. Anyone who likes/celebrates carnaval just kind of makes me cringe.
>>
File: OP.jpg (81KB, 1020x510px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
81KB, 1020x510px
>>9398977
>I grew up in Limburg

That explains why your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>9398848
I really don't care for carnaval. I tried to celebrate it several times but I always end up getting frustrated at the annoying people and the horrible music. Even the local parade I can't enjoy, mostly because every year they start 2 to 3 hours late and they have no system in place to notify the people who came to look at the parade about this.
No, carnaval is just not for me and that's fine. I'll just stay home and order food as the AH always closes before I even get home during that week.
>>
>>9398897
what anon said

Carnaval is great but fuck carnaval tourism. Also, would rather not be associated with carnaval when cosplaying, if only because of the amount of effort that goes into cosplay and the absolute lack of effort that goes into carnaval costumes (in general, something to be said about traditional costumes like een kiel)
>>
Normie with a question here.
I've been invited to go to Dutch Comic Con this saturday and I was wondering if I should go.
I read manga/watch anime myself and I like old European comics (Tintin etc.), but I cringe pretty hard at the whole 'geek culture' thing, which I assume is pretty rampant at these places.
Is there anything of interest to do at a comic con or is it just an entire building of people dressed up as deadpool (lolsorandom) and vendors trying to sell overpriced crap?

I was lured into going to Firstlook a couple of years ago and I have a feeling that Comic Con is very similar in nature.
>>
File: DCC_Programma_ZAT_ZO_KINEPOLIS2.png (130KB, 2100x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DCC_Programma_ZAT_ZO_KINEPOLIS2.png
130KB, 2100x1250px
>>9399234
Previous editions of DCC were primarily a dealer room with dealers selling common merchandise and comics at inflated prices. However they have been adding more content and this time around there will be a proper game room, screenings of AMC series, workshops, lectures and panels. Honestly I'm pleasantly surprised by this sudden change in content, but I'll let you decide if the Saturday schedule (pic related) is worth the €20.
>>
File: DCC_Programma_ZAT_ZO_KINEPOLIS.png (123KB, 2100x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DCC_Programma_ZAT_ZO_KINEPOLIS.png
123KB, 2100x1250px
>>9399234
>>9399259
And while I'm at it, here is the Sunday schedule in case anyone else wondering if DCC is worth visiting this time around.
>>
>>9398848
I don't celebrate it myself and any adult in my part of the country who does only does it for the drunk partying and hookups, so whevever it rolls around I tend to stay home. The week or two before is actually the worst for me because suddenly every obscure acquaintance remembers I can sew and starts asking me to whip up a sexed-up Disney princess ballgown for them in a week, often for free or in exchange for a beer or cup of coffee. And then they whine when I say no.

I actually don't mind the "it's not Carnaval!" or genuinely being mistaken for a Carnaval person when I'm wearing lolita out and about. It's better than being called a pedo sex doll I tell you hwat.
>>
>>9397728
Hold up there. Friendly con-orga here, all foodstalls that cook fresh foods are in a highceilinged room for a reason. Also stalls that make smoke or vapour have vents (afzuigkappen) all otger cooking happens in the kitchen.
I would still be warry of low ceilinged areas like hallways and corridors (especially at abunai) if you have to take a picture in a hallway make sure you are not standing under a fire alarm.
A total evacuation of a building for no reason is a good way to kill a festival.
>>
>>9399291
Good point, and some googling around reveals that some smoke detectors can be set up by water vapour if it's dense enough. At least the majority not the popular photo locations at Animecon are safe enough with the high ceilings. Still, I do hope those using smoke machines will also use some common sense.
>>
>>9399374
I'd say only use them for photo opportunities and outside, short bursts at a time.
>>
>>9399259
I'm very much in doubt whether I'll go or not
>>
>>9399374
Also because of the location WF might have an automatic sprinkler instalation :')
>>
>>9399683
RIP all paper mache costumes.
>>
I've not been posting to my fb page much at all lately but I've suddenly got a steam of like 20ish likes in 24 hours and I've got a nagging feeling it's all bots, anyone else ever had this/knows what to do?
>>
>>9397520
Seconding thid
>>
>>9399374
>>9399683
would only use it for a few seconds, but they still produce quite some smoke

>>9399892
well fuck, most of my costumes are paper mache based

>>9400696
reverse image search some of your pictures or your username, you might got posted somewhere. Someone linked me on reddit and it got me a random 30-40 likes.
>>
>>9399683
WF has a sprinkler system. However, contrary to popular belief, setting that off does not mean the whole building being doused with water, as seen on TV.
>>
>>9401013
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sprinkler_system
There you go.
>>
>>9395845

I think you should get popcorn already, as it turns out that all events are going #Tomo MIA/YouPlay had GameRoomS and a bouncing castle.... Dutch Comic Con now has both too.
>>
Excited for DCC?
>>
anyone know more about the cat bra drama in the Lolita Picknick meet Amsterdamse bos meetup page that happened last night? I missed something and some comments were removed
>>
>>9402709
She asked if the meet was lolita-only or if those that didn't wear lolita could go as well. Some of the younger lolitas said they wouldn't go if non-lolitas could go and that it should be lolita only. It's not really Cat drama as I doubt those girls even know who she is.
>>
>>9402709
>>9402727
I wasn't even aware Cat had stopped wearing lolita because she's still been attending meetups. She was even supposed to be at the gift swap one but she got sick. Why participate in a lolita gift swap if you're no longer into lolita? I don't get it. If she wants to hang out with friends that's understandable, but you can do that outside of meetups.

Although I think it's silly to say that you won't go to a picnic meetup in a public park just because non-lolitas will be there. Picnic meetups aren't exactly private. I'd rather have an interested normie being polite and participating than lurking behind a tree to take photos without asking. Plus, it's not like we're talking about someone's creepy stepfather tagging along.
>>
>>9402741
I didn't get the issue either. A lot of the people invited don't wear lolita and the organizers were okay with it till those girls started complaining. Pretty weird to see one organizer do a complete 180 telling others they should host their own meet up when it's a private meet up so they probably invited Cat themselves.
>>
>>9402767
Was the event even posted to the main FB? I can only find the one from 2016.
>tfw not invited to ~private meetup~ wahhh
>>
>>9402783
No, but the people that are invited can invite others so you could ask around if someone could invite you.
>>
>>9402657
FACTS has the biggest bouncy castle in history:
http://facts.be/the-beast/ so I guess it's going to be "rise of the bouncy castles!!"
>>
>>9402786
How would you even know about it if you weren't invited? You can't ask around if you don't know that it even exists. Friends van invite you, but it still isn't visible for you.
>>
>>9402819
I hope they have the ambulance nearby...
>>
>>9402819
Immediately thought of Tomo when I saw the announcement

like really? this is the direction we're going in?
>>
>>9385306
Nishicon was the worst con I've ever gone to last year, so who gives a shit what these clowns are up to anyway.
>>
File: 1478464262959.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1478464262959.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
The current thread is on autosage. A new thread can be found at >>9403400
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.