[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Storage Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 342621_original.jpg (125KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
342621_original.jpg
125KB, 640x424px
I haven't made a thread in over a year, so let's hope I'm doing this right...
Let's discuss storage and organisation of our clothing!
Which items do you hang/fold?
What hanger types do you use?
How do you arrange items in your closet?
Which items do you keep "on display", as opposed to in storage containers or drawers/closet?
Do you have a seperate area for your lolita clothing?
>>
I'm wondering how people hang dresses with elasticated straps and necklines.
I have 3-4 of these and I accidentally ruined an older dress by hanging it like a normal OP, the elastic became stretched out. I have taken to folding them over hangers, but they look awful.
>>
File: Untitled.png (219KB, 661x339px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
219KB, 661x339px
I use both in pic related-
Multihanger is for petticoats.
The over the door is for coats, purses, and kigus.
I want a clothing/shoe rack like in the OP pic because I'd love to have my cute clothes on display and away from my normie dark-colored clothes, but that will have to wait until I can get a bigger place.
>>
>>9354143
Maybe.. upside down, from the bottom of the skirt with a pants hanger?
>>
I hang pretty much everything on padded hangers, except for a VM JSK and two MM OPs because they're really heavy and I don't want to stress the seams. Everything is kept in the closet, except for a few hair accessories that I have on display as part of my bedroom decor.

>>9354143
One thing you could do is sew in ribbon loops to the inside of the dress and use them on the hangers instead of the straps. It's not that much prettier though
>>
>>9354143
Fold down at the waist and use a padded clip hanger on the waist seam. Hang with the skirts.
>>
I barely have space in my room so storage can be a bit of a challenge. My wardrobe is fairly small but I organise by
>Cutsews
>Blouses (short then long sleeve)
>Normie tops and skirts by length
>Lolita skirts (I find I can often hang lolita skirts over a regular hanger and save my few skirt hangers)
>JSKs
>OPs
>Normie dresses
>Coat
I subdivide dresses by brand and then everything from light to dark (pink comes before blue). Honestly it's probably over-organised seeing as I can see where anything is at a glance.
I keep my long socks and tights in a drawer separate from my other socks and underwear and most headwear in a storage bin style drawer. I hang necklaces but otherwise keep jewellery in boxes. My petticoats are stored in a box under the pegs I use to hang my bags. I keep my other normie stuff (t-shirts, jeans, sweaters etc) in a chest of drawers. I keep my lolita shoes in boxes under my bed but I know I should have a rack for them, I just don't have space. My wardrobe is built over the stairs in my house so I only just have hanging space for my longer dresses. I still live with my parents right now (damn you, economy) so I dream of moving out to a place with a normal shaped wardrobe. I'd probably start storing my normie and lolita things separately then.
I have two bookcases in my room so I could probably find more space if I sort through and chuck out some of my childhood books but I'm fatally sentimental.
>>
>>9354155
That's a good idea. It will look much better I think!

I keep all of my clothes on wooden hangers, except I've run out of wooden hangers so a lot of my skirts are doubled up and most of my blouses are folded up or on plastic hangers.
>>
>>9354139
dresses and blouses go in the closet. shoes on a rack under my vanity. accessories (waist ties and headbows) are currently in a drawer, though im looking to get something to display headbows on, socks in a drawer along with bloomers, jewellery in various vancy dishes - ring boxes - and a hat box full of necklaces that ive neglected to hang up. I recently got a jewellery rack but right now it has winter items like gloves and stoles hanging on it. My only real display is a mannequin with one of my favourite dresses on it

>>9354143
i get a clip hanger and clip it to the bodice at the base of the straps. never had a problem this way, and less wrinkling than folding it over a hanger (as well as saving space)
>>
>Which items do you hang/fold?
I hang all of my items as they are easier to find that way. The only exception is one sweater because folded properly on a hanger, it creates too much bulk.

>What hanger types do you use?
I use padded as well as velvet covered plastic. Between the two, I pick which items will suit the item best.

>How do you arrange items in your closet?
I organize from dark to light, coats at one end, then capes, boleros, blouses. Then OTT dresses, VM, IW, Baby, then AP. I try to keep like colors together.

>Which items do you keep "on display", as opposed to in storage containers or drawers/closet?
I don't display anything as I have a cat and I'm paranoid about sun damage...

>Do you have a seperate area for your lolita clothing?
Yep, it has a closet to itself in a spare bedroom. I'm not sure what to do now though as it's getting full.

I keep my socks organized by color in small organization tubs. I keep detachable items in the pockets of the corresponding dress (mostly so I don't forget them when I go to wear it). If the dress doesn't have pockets, I'll attach it to the hanger (padded hangers are useful for this).

I really need a better way to store my headbows. Currently they all sit in a pile standing up so I can pull out the one I need easily. Bags are lined up sitting on a shelf to prevent damages. I think I'm going to need to invest in a shoe rack as I'm running out of floor space to lay them all out as well.
>>
>>9354143
I tuck the bodice inside the skirt at the waist and hang it with clips on a hanger, and use fabric pieces as padding.

In general I use those "velvet" covered hangers for basically everything else except coats. I use the thicker wooden coat hangers for those.

JSKs, OPs, skirts, blouses, vests are all hung, and cardigans and cutsews are tucked away in a box. Accessories and tights/socks are in cubbies on top of my closet shelf.

Nothing on display since I don't have a mannequin for it.
>>
I noticed that most of the anons in this thread are using velvet covered hangers.
I use wooden because I got them for free. I got some velvet ones along with these which I use for my coat and outerwear items. Image in OP is using wooden too. Is there a reason for the velvet hangers?
>>
>>9354738
I use padded satin hangers for mine. They are pink and have bows on them. A bit more bulky, but my closet isn't too large yet, so they all fit. Super huge closets might have to use thinner ones.
>>
>>9354738
stuff doesnt slip off velvet hangers, which is nice with jsks that often are hard to keep hung up
>>
>>9354738

They make rubberised grips that you can attach to wooden hangers, if you want an easy way to convert your wooden hangers to non slip ones instead of replacing them with velvet hangers.

I use a lot of non slip hangers for cardigans and boleros, otherwise they just slide right off and end up on the bottom of my wardrobe.
>>
>>9354738
It's a mix of stuff not slipping off and some people like the look more then plastic or wooden hangers.
>>
>>9354781
You shouldn't hang knits, they'll warp.
>>
I bought a wardrobe from ikea the cost like 150 that has in hanging compartment and one shelving compartment. I have my dresses on the hangers and put my parasols and purses on the top shelves. Got a shoe rack for the bottom and put my shoes there under all the dresses. Wigs in the sl shelving area and got some sectioned off fabric boxes that I place mybhair accessories into on the other drawers. Organized and out of my normie closet. The wardrobe has a mirror so I can use that to piece together outfits.
>>
>>9354791

I'm hoping some of them warp, they're secondhand and jusssst a tad too small.

It hasn't worked so far. Not sure if it's a testament to the quality of burando, I'm finding it easier to lose weight than to wait for a knit jersey cardi to stretch out....
>>
>>9354150
The multi rack is ok, but I hate how it digs into fabric. I have so many of my spare socks occupying the clips so that nothing gets damaged from them.
>>
I was going to post this in the bedroom thread, but this is even better.
Anyone know where I can find a cute, compact/round kind go garment rack? Rolling of course. kinda like pic related. I keep finding ugly square ones.

Trying to remodel my room and I learned my closet is better for storage and I would get more ventilation with the rack.
>>
>>9355793
The one in the picture is from IKEA, but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on putting more than 10 dresses on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 620x620px
>>9354839
thank god it's not warping. it's not going to get slightly larger, there's just going to be weird dents in wherever there's pressure from the hanger.

pic related: if you want to hang knits for space saving or organization
>>
Any recommendations for a draw unit I can stick in the 'cubby-hole' type space in my wardrobe? The area is going to waste as I currently just have random bits there with a lot of empty space.
>>
>>9355834
get some cute boxes from a dollar store (they got round and heart shape at my local one) and mod podge some cute print outs or wrapping paper on them? stuff em fulla the good shit
>>
I hang everything except Pettis. I store those in my decorative Liz Lisa trunks. I've been meaning to get some large hat boxes to store them in, but I can't seem to find ones with a big enough diameter.
Flocked. I bought a huge set of Joy Mangano flocked hangars off QVC during a sale. I got the lavender color with gold.
I go by garment type and then within that I arrange by color.
>Which items do you keep "on display", as opposed to in storage containers or drawers/closet?
I rotate coords on display on my dress form to preview them and to have some cute decoration in my room.
I have a separate area for my jfash in general. My closet has my normal/work clothes and I have a heavy duty garment rack for my LARME, himekaji, and Lolita items.
>>
File: IMG_20160831_122942.jpg (720KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_122942.jpg
720KB, 1536x1536px
Hang: dresses, skirts, blouses and Coats/jackets
Fold: cutsews, tops, cardigans, bloomers and petticoats

Metal and really thin ones due to weight

See picture. I would love to hang everything but i have a really small open wardrobe. I deal with what i have.

Nothing cause i hate dust and dust cleaning. I have Boxes for jewelry and headdresses and all the other stuff. It is really confusing but i don't have that much so searching don't takes too long.

My normal clothes like shirts and jeans are in a locker. But mostly I wear lolita skirts and blouses to work so the rest is packed/ hangs together.

I would love to get more space for shoes and a hidden jewelry mirror. I really love them and who they display the necklaces but as well keep them closed for dusk and dirt.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.