[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving lolita

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_8948.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8948.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
Has anyone thought of leaving lolita? What has influenced you in considering your leave?
Can you leave your community but still dress in lolita?
>>
>>9352846
>Can you leave your community but still dress in lolita?
I don't know, can you?
>>
>>9352847
Ur so funny lel
>>
I considered it for a while as I fell out of love with the fashion but yesterday I remembered why I loved it, just for a second. And the feeling in that moment is one I want to have forever, so if I can just start wearing lolita again I will feel beautiful for the rest of my life.
I don't need my comm anymore, what I need is my self confidence.
>>
>>9352846
You can even wear lolita and never join a comm to begin with.
>>
I can't understand why would anyone ever want to leave lolita
>>
I left for like 2 or so years. Anxiety got the best of me and i just wasn't having fun anymore. Im getting back into it now that i have more confidence in my coording ability and myself really.
>>
I considered leaving once because I felt it wasn't really "me" anymore but I think I just was a bit bored with my small exclusively Gothic wardrobe (at the time I thought I couldn't do other styles due to my age and not being petite), so I branched out into other styles and started wearing it more daily and now I just wear whatever dresses I like and never ever want to leave.

Also nobody needs comms, the whole concept is ridiculous to me.
>>
File: reallybinch.jpg (43KB, 250x333px)
reallybinch.jpg
43KB, 250x333px
>can you leave your community but still dress in lolita

what do you think
>>
File: deadbody.png (64KB, 302x275px) Image search: [Google]
deadbody.png
64KB, 302x275px

I am not apart of any communities and I dress in lolita. I heard LA's comm is kind of crummy anyway.

I thought about leaving just because I don't have enough opportunities to wear all my dresses, but I love even just looking at them.
>>
>>9352846
i dont even have a comm.

>also i dont think ill ever leave this fashion. but if i did id buy a bunch of tshirts in bulk and make custom iron ons of inside jokes and wear those every day. if i cant be a lady ill be a fashion reject of the ironic variety
>>
I took a hiatus for a while to get married and have a baby, but I can't ever imagine leaving for good. My kid is 4 now and I'm more active than ever.
>>
>>9353340
what about hafu
>>
File: lowqualitybait.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitybait.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>9353340
>>
>>9353340
You're the same anon that just made that bait thread aren't you. Are you bored?
>>
>>9353340
How dare those whiteys wear fashion based off of European fashion.
Wait, what?
I'm sorry, that this isn't tumblr desu
>>
>>9353422
Western lolitas are keeping the brands alive. Sorry to say, but your grorious nipponga kawaii grils aren't as into it anymore.
>>
>>9353422
As if there aren't terrible itas in Japan as well.
>>
>>9353429
Western lolitas ARE the itas to the Japs.
>>
>>9353435
Lol no, they really aren't.
>>
>>9353438
Every ita denies they're an ita. Really gets those neurons firing eh?
>>
>>9353445
One thing I know I'm not is fat.
Quite the opposite, really. In actually, I probably should eat a damned cheeseburger.
Also fie, for shame! What would tumblr think of your fat shaming? Tsk Tsk.
>>
>>9353445
>>
>>9353422
japanese lolita and i agree

the vast majority of westerners look absolutely ridiculous
>>
>>9353451
I don't use Tumblr you dick head. See this is exactly what i'm talking about. There are no fat Japanese doing lolita. So to expunge what I originally said, all non-Japanese should stop doing lolita, especially white girls, cough cough, Tumblr users.

>>9353452
Because they are fucking up the culture? Sure thing.
>>
>>9353465
>Because they are fucking up the culture? Sure thing.
You're literally going on about "cultural appropriation".
Regarding a fashion that's based on English and Victorian fashions.
You're spouting the same exact shit your typical tumbria sjw says.
>>
>>9353453
They do, but not because they are white but because they have no sense of style. The same applies to a vast number of Japanese Lolitas.
>>
>>9353469
I meant English and French fashions.
>>
>>9353469
Uh no, there are people out there that just do it better. And since you want to talk about history, what fat Mc Donald's Juggernaut looking woman in English and Victoria did lolita? I haven't even mentioned the drama aspect of this culture yet. You know the egos and pretentious shit white girls are into. Just fucking stop. I know you are either a fat fuck or you wanna defend your buddies.
>>
File: fancyfatwhiteladies.png (980KB, 1120x455px) Image search: [Google]
fancyfatwhiteladies.png
980KB, 1120x455px
>>9353476
>And since you want to talk about history, what fat Mc Donald's Juggernaut looking woman in English and Victoria did lolita

>tfw lolita is based off what fancy fat white womenz wore
>>
>>9353476
>Implying that the Japanese lolita's are neither egotistical nor pretentious
lol ok
And you keep calling me fat, there, senpai.
I know I'm not, so you keep on trying.
Go rant about cultural appropriation on your tumblr blog now.
>>
>>9353487
I don't have Tumblr. Continue making your peep's look bad by bringing that stupid site up.
>>
>>9353469
>a fashion that's based on English and Victorian fashions

Lol, lolita isn't based on it, it just has many inspirations and influences and some historical fashions are one of them at times. Pro-tip: Victorian fashion is an English fashion.
>>
>>9353491
Nigga, did you see the post right after it?
Where it wad corrected?
>>
>>9353425
No, the Chinese are in regards to sweet. You sound just as cringey as the person you're replying to.
>>
For the love of god stop replying to the bait. I'm literally watching them lead you all off topic because you all want to argue for argument sake with someone who doesn't really want to change their position. Is it honestly worth it?

Back to topic
I thought about leaving lolita for a bit since I don't wear it as much as it isn't practical in my daily life. Instead I just switched the type of jsks and ops I get to more casual ones. It seems to be working so far.
>>
>>9353492
Good job focusing on the main point which was that lolita isn't based off anything, just has many many influences.
>>
>>9353497
It's not bait. I genuinely dislike anyone that's not Japanese doing lolita fashion.
>>
>>9353500
Okay cool. And so knowing this position you came here to argue for the sake of accomplishing what besides derailing? Don't say getting other people to quit because you and I both know it was bullshit.

You're just bored on a saturday night/sunday and thought it would be fun to rile up some gulls and shit up a thread. Call it not bait all you want, it's bait because you wanted a reaction and congrats you got it.

>sage because I apparently took it too but I'm going to see myself out now instead of continuing to be a hypocrite
>>
>>9353498
>not based off anything
>just many many influences

motherfucker, now you're just arguing semantics, gtfo with your bullshit
>>
>>9353469
>B-but muh Victorian fashion!
White people culturally appropriated rock music from black genres like blues and gospel, but make no mistake about it, rock is the white man's music. Same thing with lolita. It doesn't matter where it drew its influences from, it's a Japanese style now and it doesn't fucking belong to you anymore.
>>
File: sjw.jpg (15KB, 523x188px) Image search: [Google]
sjw.jpg
15KB, 523x188px
>>9353519
>>
>>9353513
There's a huge difference between that and what you falsely stated. So salty.
>>
>>9353519
You know, now I'm gonna wear lolita twice as much and post more photos of myself in lolita online, taking satisfaction knowing that my lily white ass in your Precious Japanese Brand is pissing you off.
>>
>>9352870
This.
>>
>>9353311
I'm in my first trimester and I'm very concerned about my belly. Do you think anyone makes custom things for pregnant lolitas?
>>
>>9353656
It's probably not too late for an abortion
>>
>>9352846
I left. My local Lolita community was so awful it turned me away from the fashion alltogether. I used to feel like a princess in the fashion, but now I just feel silly putting the clothes on. I knew i'd fall out of love eventually, but my bad experience with other lolitas just accelerated the fact.
>>
>>9352846
I considered it a few times. I felt like my spending behavior and addiction to stalking sales sites and updates got out of hand considering I barely wore lolita. But then I started going to meets and met awesome people and I don't feel like leaving anytime soon.
>>
I left a few years ago. I couldn't stand the community and the whole princessy thing didn't really suit my personality or lifestyle, I guess it was just babby's first jfash for me. The nice thing about leaving Lolita is that you can buy a hell of a lot of anything else with what you get from selling your wardrobe.
>>
I had considered leaving a few times. I left my local common twice and returned twice, too.
To be honest I wouldn't know what to do with myself outside this fashion. I know how to dress myself well, but nothing mainstream really appeals to me at all.

If I'm honest with myself it was due to a few new members of my comm. It used to be my lovely group of well-dressed friends of all sizes and backgrounds. Then we got a few new girls who were each some combination of fatty/cheap/conlita/replica-chans, and I started to feel embarrassed because of them. Then they started trying to start anonymous drama, and I decided it just wasn't worth it.

But I stuck with lolita by myself, keeping in touch with my friends. Now the comm seems to have settled down, and in the past two years I've acquired 4 out of my 6 Dream Dresses.

Even if there comes a day when I hang up my frills for good, I'll keep all my dresses. They're such a big part of my life.

Sorry for the biography. I guess I'm just trying to say the opposite of our troll friend. Always give yourself time to reconsider, you might not be as happy leaving as you imagine.
>>
I've "left" and come back before (quotes because it was my poorfag ita days that I've tried to forget). But I decided when I was 20 or so that if I'd been admiring the fashion for 7 odd years, it wasn't just a passing fancy. Now I'm trying to build a wardrobe that has just the right midpoint between oh-so-gothic and wearability. Every day and every dress is a new experiment, even if I don't get to wear lolita out as often as I would like.
>>
>>9352846
I'm slowly leaving it for space reasons. I'm planning to live full time in an RV for a while and travel and I just don't have the space for clothes that don't travel well and that I only wear occasionally.
I still love the fashion, and I may get back to wearing it when I'm done with the travelling thing. I have a couple of dream dresses that I simply can't see myself letting go of, so those will be packed and put into storage for later.
>tldr no space for lolita because reasons
>>
>>9353656
Until you grow a significant belly, shirring will accommodate and hide the fact that you're pregnant. I even squeezed myself into Meta at 8 months. I looked like I was smuggling a watermelon from the side, but by gods I did it. Empire waists are comfy as well. Invest in an underskirt because a big belly will make the dresses ride up, making them significantly shorter. Invest in comfortable shoes. your feet might not fit into your current size while pregnant anyway.

And don't be a special snowflake, wear a fucking petti. Just wear it above the bump if it's uncomfortable.
>>
>>9353656

You are in for a very long ride if your belly is your biggest concern right now.
>>
>>9352846
It's a fashion, do you put this much thought into whether you'll stop wearing yoga pants?
Ridiculous.
If you are in a comm, stay if you like it, leave if you don't. Again, simple.
As for the derailing troll, congrats, thread...you've given them much entertainment. They probably don't even wear lolita. Why do you even respond?
Every time this happens, I smile silently and just wear lolita more, knowing a troll gets a pang of butthurt.
But y'know, I'd just be doing it anyway.
>>
>>9353737
I'm at this crossroads right now. I'm going to leave my comm/lolita comms in general soon because I feel like I'm at a middle school dance most days. But I don't know if I want to sell all my wardrobe and be a lone lolita. Honestly, the community has tarnished the clothing so much for me I just don't like the clothing the way I used to because it's so closely associated with a giant group of idiots on the internet basically.
>>
>>9353956
I've never regretted it anon, I got into gyaru instead and it's been a much more positive experience for me, I feel more like myself, learned a fuckton about hair and makeup which has also helped with cosplay, and i've made lasting friends through it that I never made through lolita. Fashion should be fun, try something else out and leave daddy's little princesses to their tea party.
>>
>>9353422
This might've worked pre-"brand physical stores are literally in America and Europe and all brands worth their salt ship overseas" days. It's even beyond that and "The Chinese market rule the tide of the fashion" now. Nice try, silly baito-chan.
>>
>>9353929
tanaaaaaaa dont say that its their word
>>
>>9354005
we came up with it, it's our word
>>
>>9353956
It's a pity your comm sucks but I'm not surprised, others have described their comms similarly. Are there a few good girls you could meet with once in a while, leaving the more juvenile ones to the main comm?
>>
>>9353020
Some people leave it behind because they find out that they don't like their comm, or the comm goes downhill and they don't want to wear it alone. Some move and don't like their new comm. Some get older and feel it doesn't suit them anymore, some develop other financial priorities or different taste in fashion. Lots of reasons.
>>
>>9353656
Angelic Pretty is what I wore my second trimester. Haven't worn lolita in awhile because I'm busy with work but I'm sure their sack dresses and shirring would still hide everything
>>
I don't plan on selling my dresses as I've never felt I "was" a Lolita. Just someone who wears the style sometimes(no, not just at cons). Same with any style I wear desu. I did take a break for like 3/4 years and I'm starting to wear them sometimes but honestly I mostly prefer comfier clothes these days.
I miss my old comm but it somehow feels harder to rejoin than to join in the first place. There's a lot of new faces now and it's so much more popular than it used to be.
>>
>>9354015
i dont think you got the reference but ok bud
>>
I see so many people afraid of going lone lolita, I don't get it. If you genuinely like the fashion, why is hanging out with people who also wear it a requirement? I've only been in the fashion for a year and I started lone lolita, and have yet to go to a meet. Life is short, wear what you want, fuck whether or not you have people to wear it with
>>
>>9354216
Give anon an thumbs up and yell it and maybe they'll get it.
>>
>>9353966
Bless you, I think you're right, thank you Anon.
>>9354037
I do have friends in the comm, and they're my friends outside of the fashion as well, but we only really wear lolita to meetups, which have become tedious and exhausting and repetitive.
>>9354333
I agree with you completely, but it's also just a matter of the correlation. Once you deal with legitimately insane two-faced girls and the full gamut of narcissists/egotists etc for several years, you get pretty well over it. I'm not afraid to go lone lolita at all, I'm just wondering if doing so will make a difference for me.

Plus, if you wear the fashion just for yourself and, say, wear it more otome or casual, is it really lolita? Like, at what point are all of us just following rules to please one another? Maybe "leaving lolita" is more about dropping that mindset for some people and being able to just wear the fucking dresses.
>>
>>9354336
ill have to hold them so they cant get away before i say it
>>
>>9354449
Start some fights for good measure.
>>
I've left my Comm over a year ago and I'm just in the wilderness rn. I would love to return, but my career is 24/7 atm. I still buy stuff that I admire.
>>
File: 1460614569504.jpg (380KB, 800x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1460614569504.jpg
380KB, 800x1335px
>>9353469
They didn't say jack shit about "cultural appropriation", all they said was that western lolitas look fucking retarded. Lolita is about looking cute and pretty, but Western lolitas think it's about looking as retarded as possible for tumblr notes. They don't care about looking good, they only want the e-fame.

Go buy a Victorian court dress if you want to get in touch with your European heritage you fat white cunt, lolita is a different thing entirely.

Most white girls are fat/ugly and don't know how to wear flattering clothing. The waist line of lolita dresses is often up to their bust and it's super gross.
>>
>>9354536
Bad news for you.
There's more fat ass black people than there are fat ass white people.
There's more fat ass Hispanic people than there are fat ass white people.
But yeah, you keep screeching about white people there, friend.
>>
>>9354536
>"Japanese girls look so much better!"
>posts a chink with downs
Okay.
>>
>>9354536
Only retards and weeaboos think shit like lolita and anime is an integral part of japanese culture.
>>
>>9354536
Suddenly I feel inspired to encourage all my non-Asian friends to get into lolita, and to tell my guy friends they should buy lolita for their girlfriends. Knowing you're buttmad for every whitey in a frilly dress is its own reward.
>>
>>9354536
>The waist line of lolita dresses is often up to their bust and it's super gross.

Well duh, lolita doesn't look good on fat girls. Also tall girls don't look good in lolita and neither do ugly girls. Basically, you need to be short, skinny, and cute to look good in lolita. Race is a non-factor in whether or not you look good.

but just so you know even in Japan lolita is known as a fashion for chubby girls. it's not just the Western comms being overrun by chubs
>>
>>9352846
I'm leaving the fashion soon desu. Before I joined the local comm and wore the fashion, I thought it was so beautiful and amazing. And now after being around catty, bitchy girls at meet-ups I feel so done with the comm and the fashion all together. I'm not necessarily attached to my burando but it was nice to wear for a couple years. I think the experiences somewhat tarnished the fashion for me.
>>
>>9354558
Are you sure you want to let catty people steal your joy? Is there no way you can enjoy it without them?
>>
>>9354572
Do what I do. Hang out in lolita with your actual friends when you guys go out and have fun.
>>
>>9353768
I got kicked from my comm because of someone's spite. I love the fashion enough that since I have actually grown my Lolita wardrobe three times and growing. Even if I don't wear my dresses anywhere, I am very happy just looking at them. I also love my accessories.
>>
>>9354536
You're probably just a troll, but oh well when I put on my dress tomorrow morning I will spend a gleeful second thinking about me probably giving you an aneurism.

There are beautiful Lolitas of every race, but as with everything else the really good ones are far outweighed by the mediocre/bad ones, race has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>9354541
That's only because they're American, Hispanics and blacks in their home countries are rarely fat. Most white men prefer Asian or Hispanic women because they are still feminine. White women are universally regarded as whores, which is why white men save up money to find Asian wives. White women are for pumping and dumping, asian women are for marrying.

http://www.returnofkings.com/44670/6-things-white-girls-can-learn-from-filipinas
>>
>>9354597
Oh no. RoK.
Oh no you're seriously that retarded. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>9354597
Hispanics and blacks in their home countries are rarely fat
>Looks at ethiopia
Oh you got a point th-
>Looks at mexico
Never mind.
>>
Can you idiots stop taking the bait?
>>
>>9353340
Who wears lolita: those who can afford it.
Who cries about it, complains and trolls: those who can't afford it.
>>
White women are generally jealous of Asian women because their best men prefer them over fat ugly stupid feminist white sluts.
>>
>>9354597
White guys who go for asian wives tend to be the ones who fail in their own countries. Also, I would like most of you to look at the types of asians these guys usually end up marrying. Dark skinned south east asians. The poop tier asian, who tend to be very desperate. They can't even score with the girls from more well off countries.

That being said, western girls are pretty nasty nowadays. I can't really blame more men going for asian girls.
>>
File: tipboater.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tipboater.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>9354597
>>
>>9354536
>The waist line of lolita dresses is often up to their bust and it's super gross.
I actually agree with this part.
>>
>>9354609
>Who wears lolita outside of Japan: those who look like trash in it
>Who cries about it, complains: those who get sick watching said non-Japanese make a mockery out of lolita fashion

Fixed for you.
>>
>>9354632
Honestly, it's just that men fetishize Asian women. A lot of times this ends once they visit an Asian country and learn that the average Asian chick is just as busted as the average white chick (sometimes more because Asian chicks often have really fucked up teeth).

This happened to a super beta friend of mine who loooooved Asian girls. He visited Japan and came back telling everyone how disappointing all the chicks were.

Turns out Nippon is not an irl animu and neither are their womenz. Who knew.
>>
>>9354625
Not to mention how loyal Asian women are. Meanwhile the white women continue to cheat or commit adultery.
>>
>>9354644
Quit Same fagging
>>
>>9354609
By the way I can't wear lolita because i'm a guy but if I was a girl I could still afford it even though I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't wanna be lumped with chicks like you.
>>
>>9354642
I'm the anon you replied to, and I had a pretty different experience when I was there. I lived in Japan for three years, and there are a lot of cute ones. Most girls there are pretty in shape as well. Your friend, probably went there in hopes that they would dote around him as a qt american and that he'd be able to pick up a qt with ease. As it is a stereotype. It's not really the case. It's definitely easier, but if you're a super beta loser in the states you wont have much of a chance.

That being said, it's not really a fetish. The way the average asian acts and the way the average western girl acts is vastly different.
>>
>>9354648
Oh shut the fuck up. It doesn't matter if I same fag i'm still getting my message across and YOU acknowledge that motherfucker.
>>
>>9354642
>>9354654
Asian women =/= Japanese women

Get that shit right. Japanese women don't eat dogs.
>>
>>9354660
No they just eat cats.
>>
>>9354654
>The way the average asian acts and the way the average western girl acts is vastly different.
Thiiiiiiiiis. I'm a white nationalist and generally oppose race mixing, but I would take an asian girl over a shitty western feminist bitch any day.
>>
Janitor please kill this thread. People can't seem to control themselves in front of this weakass bait
>>
can u stop shitting up the thread and go write about it on ur blog no one cares
>>
>>9354691
i dont even think its different people i just think its the same asshole replying to himself .. i mean cgl is dumb but i dont think theres people dumb enough to reply to this asshole
>>
>>9354672
>I'm scared of brown people and women
Brave of you to come out like that, anon.
>>
I did cause i got bored. Maybe cause im older and i don't have the time or patience for it. I just do it simple and drink with my friends.
>>
>>9354697
Nothing wrong with being proud of your ancestry and wanting your children to look like you anon
>>
>>9352870
This is everything.
>>
>>9353500
What up, HWC?
>>
>>9353681
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>9354491
im vip! youre breaking my heart!
>>
>>9354589
pls storytime
>>
>>9353422
isn't your husband white?
what's the point in ruining a thread with shitty bait?
it just feels like you're flailing around flinging poop for attention.

3/10, get well soon
>>
>>9353465

does creating a major brand and traveling all over the world, wearing your famous designs on the regular, count as "doing lolita"?

>do you even Enchantillic Enchantilly?
granted, Fumiko is just a bit chubby and not "fat", but she's def not skinny.

what if it actually doesn't impact your life that some people are overweight? it really isn't that big of a deal. obesity is dangerous, but you can live if you are a little overweight. and look nice in lolita to boot!
>>
File: babylasagna.jpg (43KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
babylasagna.jpg
43KB, 540x960px
>>9354709
>>
Why are western lolitas always mentally ill?
>>
>>9354821
For the same reasons you are.
>>
I have a large wardrobe, so space will become an issue when I'm going to have children in the future. Eventually I'll have to give up the extra room that I currently store my dresses in.

I don't want to stop wearing it completely though, it will always be my personal style. But downsizing from 80 dresses to a a wearable staple of 7 outfits that last for a week sounds like a reasonable compromise I can make.
>>
>>9353287
LA's comm is really fancy, so if you aren't wearing OTT shit you'll feel a bit awkward.
there's other communities other than the main LA ones but those are usually full of cringelords.
>>
>>9354536
>Trying this hard
>gulls taking this bait
>>
>>9354779
Fumiko is fat, probably obese by Japanese standards
>>
>Has anyone thought of leaving lolita?
Yes
>What has influenced you in considering your leave?
this hobby consumes a lot of my time, money, and energy. I was pouring too much of it into the community and how it viewed me, instead of my own wardrobe and personal friends, and it became more of a stressful social drain than fun habbit of dressing.
>The answer was just to step back from the comm, stop following trends, stop calling it lolita, and to keep wearing the clothes I love with the friends I like without worrying if the comm thinks I'm great or horrid.

Can you leave your community but still dress in lolita?
>yes and no. I'm a lonelita now, and dressing and shopping entirely for myself has changed my style to one that blends pretty well in a corporate setting, but there are still coords I love that just make me feel EXTREMELY OUT OF PLACE without some frilly friends beside me, or a frilly event to attend. So I am very grateful to still be able to attend the occassional large comm event, and go out with my handful of lolita friends, so I can wear the more formal stuff and feel comfortable.
>>
>>9352846
>Has anyone thought of leaving lolita? What has influenced you in considering your leave?

Sometimes when I'm stressed with life I take a look at my dresses and try to consider why I put my happiness in a load of material goods.

Then I remember that I feel pretty in it and I made friends in lolita, and it's ok to indulge in that if you're mindful in other areas of life.

Sometimes I do wish though I could get happiness from other things. I used to have other hobbies as well, but with what little time I have nowadays thanks to my job, it looks like I can't really devote my time to a plethora of hobbies and need to focus on only one or two.

I'm not even in a comm at the moment.
>>
>>9354651
So tell me, why are you here again?
>>
>>9354641
Pity you can't do anything about it though. Keep crying.
>>
>>9355015
Fat and cute and usually looks very happy. Go Fumiko!

Troll-kun, you little devil...I see that you opportunistically posted here hoping to discourage lolitas who might be on the fence and try to make them want to leave the fashion more but I think you might just have triggered a few of them to try harder and stay after all. ~Thanks, much obliged.
>>
>>9354553
>tfw I'm too fucking fat to even fit in fat girl fashion
>>
>>9354589
>>>9353768
>I have actually grown my Lolita wardrobe three times
bitch that's deceptive wording, you went from having nothing to having 3 dresses.
>>
>>9355302
In Japan, lolita girls are often fatter than those who wear gyaru. But probably only considered chubby/plump by mainstream western standards. So in the west, lolita is not generally considered a fatty fashion because our averages are quite a bit bigger. In the end, most people don't really care, wear it if they like it and ignore the trolls.

Look into custom sizes.
>>
>>9355310
I've thought about custom sizes, but I'm going to try to lose 40 pounds first. I hate my body anyway and feel disgusting no matter what I wear, and probably look even worse than I feel. There's no reason for me to wear lolita, even if it fits, if I'm going to look and feel ugly anyway.
>>
>>9355310
Also, the clothes fit better and hide their chubbiness which is super missleading. Many Asian lolitas I see are a lot chubbier than me but still look better because the clothes are a bit baggy on them, longer hem covers their thighs and so on. And no, I'm not overweight or super tall.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 715x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 715x720px
>>9354644
>Asian women
>loyal
>>
>>9355214
What do you mean? You keep responding to me. Surely it's like i'm continuing to toss salt in your open wound. Keep responding.

>>9355382
>/cgl/ in charge of knowing "women"

Haha....yeah no. If you come in here and act stupid I doubt you have had experience with any type of women, child.
>>
>>9355382
>any woman
>loyal

kek
>>
>>9355722
So get sick every day then cause I'm lily white Caucasian American blonde and wearing lolita daily. Just for you.
>>
I still admire it but it's just not flattering on me. I'm also getting close to 30. I dress like a 50's housewife now. It's still sweet and conservative but a little more mature looking.
>>
>>9353493
Girl. What is literally west of Japan?
You missed the joke by miles, good job.
>>
>>9355750
I'm only acknowledging you and all the other white trash because of this thread. It's not like I will run into you or any of the other cornballs in public. I avoid all mass events related to Japanese culture outside of Japan. All these little gatherings and conventions in America are a white man's paradise. I don't do white washed events.
>>
>>9355799
Are you Japanese and is your opinion common among Japanese lolitas? Is that why they don't like selling their clothes to shopping services, so it doesn't go to fat white piggus?
>>
>>9355819
That's news to me. Maybe that's why. And you claim you can afford lolita. If you can afford lolita you wouldn't shop in the Goodwill's and Salvation armies of lolita culture. Holy shit.

And i'm someone that likes people, in this case Japanese women, who can do things better. That's all you need to know, Charlotte.
>>
>>9355819
They are probably some fat little hafu chick with a resentment boner for white chicks or a 'pure Azn' loving neckbeard of some flavor who has momentarily escaped his containment board.
From what I've read, Japanese lolitas are lone unless meeting for an event, so don't care about western lolitas and our activities at all.
>>
>>9355843
>"From what I heard"

You have either been there to witness it yourself or you know diddly squat. Damn you white girls are the worst when it comes to fucking creating rumors.
>>
>>9355867
Heard from the few Japanese girls I have personally spoke with, you nitwit, (yes, real live Japanese females from Grorious Nippon told me their opinion) but meaning I don't think they speak for them all. Don't be thick.
>>
>>9355838
Oh. Okay. So you're a nobody, then, got it.

I was actually hoping you were a salty Japanese lolita and could offer some interesting information, but looks like you're just a clueless neckbeard with yellow fever... lame
>>
>>9355872
You visit a board full of potential trolls and liars and you expect me to believe this bullshit? Yeah no. Go there and earn the right to say this from your own mouth. Stop believing everything you get from the internet you stupid idiot.
>>
>>9355838
Not all of us buy used, many of us buy new releases. My shopping service buys many of mine in-store on release day, spiriting them out of Japan and depriving Japanese lolitas of them if they couldn't afford them on release day, since many releases are limited quantity. Isn't that sad?
>>
>>9355876
>neckbeard

That shit is getting pretty old. Are you still stuck in the past or were you in your dad's nutsack just a few years ago and decided hey this is cool I wanna be part of the cool retards on /cgl/? I have the right to like what ever the fuck I want as much as you like to dress up in shit that doesn't look right on you. God saves us all if you're obese for that matter.
>>
>>9355884
Oh so now you wanna play that card? Oh you wanna talk about the money you inherit or the money you take from the men you date? Which one is it? Or are you one of the kike lolitas of the world?
>>
>>9355882
I've 2 friends who do go, one married to a Japanese, their experience is same result as mine, you give much more of a shit about what we western gals are doing than Japanese girls do and they would probably think you were a huge weirdo for hating white girls for their fashion preferences.
>>
>>9355886
Take your fedorafag ass elsewhere, god you're embarrassing. And I'm a skinny Japanese-American chick.

If you think you'll earn brownie points by shit talking women of your own race around Asian girls, think again.
>>
>>9355890
how does it feel to be alone on vday anon
>>
>>9355890
All three darling, family money, a nice generous bf and if 'kike of the world' is a slam at my Jewish ancestry then bingo, I've hit your hate trifecta jackpot it seems...
>>
>>9355890
are you implying japanese lolitas earn all of the money they spend on brand on their own? topkek
>>
>>9355891
>I've 2 friends who do go

Again with the word of mouth. I guess this fucking board eats up so much time it doesn't give you a life to live yourself. And now you wanna put words in Japanese women's mouths. Wow you are pathetic.

>>9355893
>Fedora

This is getting old as well. Try harder.

>Japanese-American
>American

Fucking EWWWW.....

And you don't even know what race I am. It doesn't matter at this point.

>>9355895
Learn some proper punctuation kid. Stay in school, hit them books hard instead of wasting time on this board.

>>9355896
I wish nothing but the worst for you, honestly.

>>9355900
>topkek

You know, I wish I knew how to bandwagon some of the dumb remarks you guys make around here but I prefer to be different instead.
>>
Back to the topic: I'd advise anyone considering leaving lolita due to your comm to wear it solo or with regular friends before deciding to leave or sell pieces, you might enjoy being lone, begin to enjoy it again with some distance from your comm.
>>
>>9355925
If lolitas leave a lolita community it's because of drama in the comm, cough white girls cough.
>>
>>9355931
Hello friend, I think you may be lost. There aren't many topics around here about or by Japanese lolitas, so while attention is always nice, I'm sorry to say you seem to be hanging out and chatting to a whole lot of white girls and some other non-Japanese girls. If you love Japanese lolitas, why don't you go find some instead of lurking around here?
>>
File: 1487047617734[1].png (488KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1487047617734[1].png
488KB, 1000x1050px
>>9355931
>>
>>9355931
go masturbate to 2ch
>>
>>9354536
Can you stop derailing, bitch. So tired of people taking HWC's low quality bait.
>>
>>9352846
I left a long time ago and went back to western goth.

I trusted my ex to pack an item for the sales comm... I had never sold anything before but I had a financial emergency and couldn't make rent. He somehow managed to get a moldy orange peel in there and it became a huge drama thing, and I was immature and freaked out and didn't know how to handle it, which made it worse.

But I'd been wanting to leave for a while because I liked oldschool/lifestyle more than printed items and where loli was going. I do a lot of strega fashion these days. I only really lurk online comms anyway, I liked conventions and stuff but never wanted to be internet famous or anything.
>>
I left due to a combination of not really having friends to dress up/talk to about my hobby with and funds.
i still lurk for shits and giggles tho.
>>
>>9358018
Oh my god, I remember that. At least you're aware that you handled it badly. I hope you're doing better these days.
>>
>>9358018
Oh hey! I remember that, good times. Nice to hear your doing well.

I'm gradually leaving rn, actually. I'm contemplating dropping a few lolita dresses in each of the charity shops near me, theres like 5ish not so far. I think it'd be a nice find for someone.
>>
>>9358018
Hahahahahaha. That was you? MAN, that must have sucked. I hope you kicked his ass for that.

Ty for sharing, and for context. Context makes the story even better. Well, except for the not-making-rent part, that is pretty awful.
>>
>>9354691
^^^^^
>>
>>9358027
Thanks! I just panicked, I'd never sold anything online before and I had no idea what the hell to do, when I should have just told her to do a chargeback and paypal would have handled it.

>>9361406
I still have all of mine in a trunk, I should drop it all at goodwill one of these days, but so many memories of when I had an active social life and an idealistic view of the world are attached.

I think it would be fun to find out someone picked them up and was really happy with them!

>>9361460
Our entire relationship was like that... he just irresponsibly fucked up everything until I broke up with him. It was during the recession so no one could make rent. I have a pretty decent career now.
>>
if you're quit, you ought to tell your 5 best lolita friends first so they can buy your stuff.
>>
>>9354642
>Where are the subtitles
>>
>>9355819
They don't like it because shipping overseas can be a pain in the ass sometimes, specially when white piggus want tracking and factura
>>
>>9355963
Don't forget the
>SJW are controlling the system
>>
>>9355925
I didn't know there were people who stop wearing lolita because of their comm, wtf
>>
>>9361406
>>9366011
Unless it's super basic IW or something and looks good without petticoat, someone is going to wear it as part of their carnaval/halloween costume
>>
This may sound dumb but I'm leaving lolita because OTT is so offputting to me. My favorite brand has changed so much and keeps focusing on busy prints and fabrics that are more suitable for special occasions. Now I feel myself more drawn towards brands like Milk, and some Japanese normie brands that are incorporating things I love about lolita. I've been wearing the same basic lolita pieces for a few years and it's become boring for me. Looking at coords of others also isn't fun anymore because the only times I see anything I kind of like it's someone trying to copy oldschool. It's like the girls on CoF are competing at how much they can add to a coord before it's too much.
>>
>>9366854
Why can't you just wear lolita how you like? Not trying to stop you from leaving obviously, you're free to do whatever you want, I'm just genuinely curious.
>>
>>9366854
Thats exactly how it is on COF and why you never see anyone post older styled or more casual outfits, but if you are in a comm and have a lot of lolita friends you realize its totally not like that irl. Most girls wear super cute non ott outfits all the time, but just never post because of the whole competition thing on CoF. Don't stop wearing lolita over that.

I suggest replacting CoF with following lolitas on instagram that post often, as they will usually post many non ott outfits.
>>
>>9366883
I've been wearing it the way I like for years and I'm getting bored with the clothes I have. Lolita changes but not in a way that appeals to me. Since this year I can finally afford to buy new from brands and I dislike 99% of what they release.

>>9366895
My comm has a lot of girls trying to become efamous and girls who think anything without a print is oldschool inspired. But I don't care about the social aspect of it anyway.
>>
i think it's silly when people make a huge deal out of leaving lolita. so you're not going to wear a niche fashion anymore, big whoop. link me to your sales post or stfu
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.