[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Personal Lolita

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 1472671069033.jpg (189KB, 614x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472671069033.jpg
189KB, 614x400px
Been seeing comments related to these matters in a few threads and I got curious.
How do you treat lolita? Are you a lifestyler? Or do you only wear it to cons/meets? Don't even wear the clothes and only collect them? Buy clothes specifically to resell them after one wear? Are you after e-fame? Do you look down on people who get different things out of this fashion than you?
Tell me gulls, what is your personal "lolita"?
>>
File: 8131250.gif (612KB, 245x159px) Image search: [Google]
8131250.gif
612KB, 245x159px
It's the main thing I wear. I do have some "normie" clothes in my wardrobe for lazying around or exercising but everything else is lolita.
I wear it to work, for running errands, meeting up with friends (who are also lolitas) and obviously comm meetups. Sometimes I dress up just to sit around the house too, if I feel like it.
I don't really do conventions, they're too crowded, loud and exhausting so I'd rather avoid them most of the time.
Definitely not after e-fame in any shape or form, and I don't really care what other people are doing (though I do cringe at people who use it for their fetish bullshit and post about it for everyone to see), I just wear the clothes for me as a form of self expression, because they're beautiful and because dressing up like this makes me feel beautiful.
That's it, really.
>>
>>9350282
I'm a lifestyle lolita but more about the aesthetic qualities than the clothes - feminine ornate stuff and I enjoy lifestyle activities. I don't like conventions very much and while I enjoy talking to other lolitas I don't attend meet ups very often as my experiences have been odd to say the least...
I don't wear the fashion itself very often however my daily wardrobe is carefully curated to reflect the things I love. I find the silhouette and rules of lolita too stuffy and repetitive for everyday wear.

Honestly, I would love efame as it would make me feel closer to the community, as I don't use most of the sites the kids these days are using. I'd love to start blogging or making videos at some point in the future.
>>
I don't wear lolita super often, maybe a couple of times every few months, but its a massive part of my life regardless and I take quite seriously. Its not just the clothes but also the lifestyle/subculture aspect that appeals to me. It's my main hobby, I don't have many other interests. My room has all my brand postcards and my mannequin on display, and I've turned my spare room into a walk-in wardroube. I'm goth, so all my lolita blends into to my wardrobe as just 'my clothes' rather than some kind of special name-specific style. I hate when people act like wearing lolita is some kind super big deal, like conlitas who feel embarrassed when their normie friends see their coords, I find it so silly, why wear an alternative fashion if you scared of what people think you? I will never understand that mentality.
This year I want to expand my wardrobe and try and wear lolita once a month at the very least.
>>
>>9350341
>if you scared of what people think you?

I really need to go to sleep...
>>
I primarily wear it to meet-ups, cons, and on occasion to work and for holidays. For me, lolita started out as more of a self-expression thing, but as I got to know my comm, it became a social thing as well. I will still wear lolita in my daily life sometimes to run errands or go to a cafe or pub, but I much more enjoy it when my friends. I was surprised that it became as social as it did for me, but I'm honestly glad for it too. I do have a blog but it's less for e-fame and more for documenting and recording thoughts about the fashion.
>>
>>9350282
I treat lolita pretty normally. It's become such a big part of my life that it seems average to me now. All of my closest friends are in Jfashion, I wear burando in some style pretty much every day, and everyone around me is used to it. I have a decent closet now. I used to have a strict Baby/AatP-only restriction on my closet but now I have a little bit from all over the place. I even wear casual Bodyline pieces here and there after being so anti-BL for years. Over time, I've gone from being obsessed to it being the most passé thing. I wish I could have that child-like wonder back, but after years and years of the same thing, it just becomes a part of you. I don't even feel like I need to act uppity around brand guests anymore haha! I would never look down on someone who receives different types of enjoyment from lolita, just try not to look like a snowflake, don't plaster yourself everywhere, don't be obnoxious, and it's all good.

TLDR; I don't even care anymore. The only thing that ruffles my petties anymore is local comm drama. Do whatever the fuck you want to do and I'll do whatever the fuck I want to do. I've gotten too lazy to care nowadays.
>>
>>9350282
>How do you treat lolita?
My lolita closet is twice as big as my normal wardrobe and I've been into the fashion for almost a decade, so I wear lolita pretty often. While I might only wear a proper, full lolita coord once or twice a week, I wear my lolita pieces in otome coords or general preppy styles at least every second day I leave the house.
Lolita has become such a big part of my life, especially since 60% of my social contacts are fellow or former lolitas, I would see myself as a lifestyler.
I am very involved in my local comm and enjoy planning events, little contests and answering questions. It's weird, because normally, I would hate the idea of belonging to some club and meeting strangers, but with lolita it's fun.

>Buy clothes specifically to resell them after one wear?
Nah, I'm not into most prints that have high resale value. When I buy things, I either plan to add them to my daily closet, or I love them enough that I want to own them, without planning to let them go in the foreseeable future. Also, hate selling stuff, it's such a hassle.

>Are you after e-fame?
I would have to lie if I said I don't care about that. I am decently well known in the international scene and I like it. It makes it easier to get to meet new people in new places and seeing that people like my outfits/face makes me happy and boosts my confidence. However, I really don't want to put effort into getting e-famous. If people like what I do and post anyway, awesome, but I won't start a YT-channel or write a blog or something, that's way too much work and not worth it.

>Do you look down on people who get different things out of this fashion than you?
No, why would I? While I might not have that much in common with "con-lolitas" or people who just do it for the e-fame, to each their own. Sometimes I forget that not everyone treats lolita as this social thing it is for me and I get baffled if some new girl does not want to join our meetups, but I get over it quick.
>>
>>9350323
How can you be a lifestyle lolita and then say you don't wear the fashion much.

Lifestyle lolita at its most basic always means wearing the fashion a lot.

Discussions on what it is to be a lifestyler may include other things but it always includes wearing the fashion itself often.
>>
>>9350457
For me it isn't.
>>
>>9350323
You sound more like a "lolita at heart" than a lifestyler.
>>
>>9350457
Daily Lolita - A lolita who wears lolita clothes on a frequent, almost daily basis.

Lifestyle Lolita - A lolita who has lolita-esue interests and enjoies incorporating lolita related things into other parts of their life.

So you can be a lifestyle lolita without being a daily lolita. Hopefully that makes sense.
>>
>>9350484
The words you typed make sense but that's not the commonly accepted definition of a lifestyle lolita. What you are terming lifestyle lolita is more seen as what >>9350481 said.

>>9350466
When you use a term that means something different to you than the rest of us.
>>
>>9350499
>>9350484
>>9350481
Can we not ruin a nice thread with the same argument we have every time anyone talks about lifestylers?
>>
>>9350323
>I'm a lifestyle lolita
Are you sure you understand what that means. Being into the aesthetic but not regularly wearing the fashion does not lifestyler make.
>>
I've been an admirer of lolita since 2007 when I moved to Japan and first found out about it. I saw a girl in full pink lace sitting at a McDonald's and thought her clothes were beautiful. I visited a shop where they let me try on a few dresses, it really doesn't suit me, but I still love it. A lot of my art work is lolita centered, and I've collected a couple of pieces over the years, but I never wear them.
>>
File: 0_6734b_c7179404_L.jpg (123KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
0_6734b_c7179404_L.jpg
123KB, 500x458px
I'm a lone lolita. Partially by choice and partially by circumstance. I don't like anime and crowds so I'm not interested in cons AT ALL. Back in the mid 2000's I might have been interested in a small local lolita community but anymore I have no interest in that either.

I consider myself a lifestyler because I romanticize the hell out of the fashion and have many other interests that can be related to lolita in some way. I don't actually wear the fashion very often. I'd like to, but it isn't realistic for me.

No interest in fame of any kind. I ain't into that.

The only people I'd ever "look down" on for viewing the fashion differently than I do is people who are super judgemental or insulting about it or who act super edgy/angry/mean, and that has less to do with the fashion and more to do with being an unplesant person. Why should I care how someone lives their life as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else?

I'm probably what people would consider a snowflake but honestly I don't care. Life is too short for me to care about what other people think of me. It's my life and I'm going to do my best to enjoy it and live positively in my own way.
>>
>>9350502
Better to ask, "Can we not shit up a lolita thread with the 'lolita at heart' bs?"
>>
>>9350518
Yeah, good point. That's basically what I meant anyways.
>>
>How do you treat lolita? Are you a lifestyler? Or do you only wear it to cons/meets?
I wish I could be a lifestyler. I live in a place though where that kind of thing is not practical. I am a mori girl lifestyler. Literally.

>Are you after e-fame?
Nooooooo. I've seen what it does. Noooooooo.

>Do you look down on people who get different things out of this fashion than you?
No, but I definitely look down on them when they treat lolita like a costume and cheapen it. I thought it was about the fashion, not about how many likes you get on a stupid photo.

I'm into oldschool. I like the simple, clean lines, and the "looking like a Victorian doll" aspect of it. I find it beautiful from a fashion and self-expression sort of aesthetic. I think it's about self-expression, because the fashion, like so many of the Harajuku fashion-wearers, seemed like it was a quiet act of subversion of the norms of Japanese society back in the early 2000s. I really admire the young people who did this. I'm really glad that they have embraced those of us in other parts of the world who are enthusiastic about the fashion as well.
>>
>>9350282
I usex to be pretty active within the community but left due to heavy anxiety taking the joy out of it for me. I'm working on rejoining my community but i see myself as being a part time/ con lolita for a bit. Maybe hosting my own meetups for close lolita friends. I am working on buliding a nice sized wardrobe tho and i hope to have around 12 full coords by the end of the year.
>>
>>9350282
Most people wouldn't call me a lolita, and I don't go around calling myself that, but I have two dresses and am slowly working on building my wardrobe. It's not my main hobby, so I mostly take what time I do put into it to actually study what makes the fashion look good or not and make sure that what I buy is actually something I want to put my money into. Meaning I basically lurk here, and kick myself for the things I'd worn before knowing better. I'd rather spend all year getting together something I'm proud of then cringe at the one or two photos of me wearing something really crappy. One day I want to have a lot of nice things, and then I'll probably wear it more often. I really enjoy watching what other people put together for coords, though.
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
>How do you treat Lolita?
Usually better than normal clothes. I still feel like a beginner though, but feeling super cute makes me more comfortable and worthy of being seen. There's a bit of Social Anxiousness with or without the fashion, but it's definitely better with Lolita as some sort of exterior armor.
>Are you a lifestyler?
God no. I'm a caregiver and there's no way. Cons, meets, theme parks and parties for now.
>Are you after e-fame?
No, chronic shyness forbids limelight.
No, I think Lolita can be many different things for different kinds of people, but I do feel embarrassed when people fetishize it. It makes for a very hard conversation due to preconceived notions of why I like to be cute but covered.
>>
>>9350518
this 1000x

I'm not sure why people act like you get a gold medal or like it's a race because you wear it everyday and get the "lolita lifestyler" badge. It literally doesn't matter. We don't need that bullshit in the fashion, we are stronger together. than divided by petty labels. Whether you wear it three times a year to a convention or every day, you are not less of a lolita.

Every individual has circumstances and different backgrounds, it's shitty to be judgemental about how often they wear it, and I'm tired of this argument.
>>
>>9350282
> Are you a lifestyler?
I wear it frequently but I think that term is too fussy for a street fashion.

> Don't even wear the clothes and only collect them?
I wear them, it's a fashion.

> Buy clothes specifically to resell them after one wear?
I've never bought anything to specifically resell.

>Are you after e-fame?
Nope

Do you look down on people who get different things out of this fashion than you?
I wish the 'lolitas at heart' would understand that some of us are only interested in opinions of other people actually wearing the fashion.
I don't look down on anyone making an actual effort unless they are a replica-chan.
>>
I'm far from being a lifestyler but I try to wear lolita every chance I get. I've never worn it to cons, but I have attended a few local meets that I obviously wore it to. Because of this, I usually lean towards simpler stuff. As much as I love looking through OTT coordinates, it really does make the fashion seem more like a costume.
I don't necessarily look down on them for it, but I don't understand the need girls have for buying the latest and most popular releases. Since this is such a costly fashion, to me it's more important to get pieces I absolutely love and that I'll get a lot of wear out of (which I guess falls more under collecting than hoarding). This need to have the biggest, newest, best stuff, combined with the thirst for e-fame so much of the community has, makes the fashion seem so hollow now. I miss the undeniable edge that this fashion once exuded (that >>9350578 sort of alluded to). It makes me sad that I was never a part of that era, since at that point I was too young to afford it.
In a sense, I feel like my interest in it now is just as hollow since I'm not as obsessed with the lifestyle part of it that I romanticized as a youngin' anymore and instead look at lolita as just beautiful clothes that I really enjoy wearing.
>>
If I'm leaving the house I'm doing it in lolita. Out with friends? lolita. Grocery run? lolita. Work? lolita

The only reasons I don't call myself a lifestyler is I wear old sweatpants and tshirts around the house and you'll pry my video games from my cold dead hands
>>
I started buying Lolita clothes last year and have now built a somewhat workable wardrobe. Some of the pieces, mainly skirts, I also occasionally wear in my daily life without a petticoat and stuff, but usually, I wear my Lolita stuff to meets. I haven't attended an actual con in the past 10 years or so, so no Conlita.

DESU, I sometimes feel worried when going out in Lolita mainly because I do a lot of Japan related stuff already and it just fits a stereotype I'm not comfortable with.
>>
>>9350809
OK why does desu always get corrected to desu in my posts?! Is this some automatism here or am I just too dumb for phones?
>>
>>9350811
OK don't mind me being a stupid newfag desu.
>>
>>9350811
There are certain word filters. Tb*h corrects to desu.
Cuck corrected to Kek for a while iirc and senpai to sempai
>>
Due to my job, I can only wear lolita on the weekends. If I'm going out anywhere, I'll try to wear something cute if not a full coord, but i won't go all out for makeup/hair. I'll make effort for meets or special occasions.

I tend to buy and sell a lot as I'm not settled on a style yet, and feel like pieces no longer suit me or my wardrobe. If I love a dress, I will keep it and wear often.

It would be nice to have efame if I could make a lot of friends internationally. It does feel good to have fans, but I don't want to put in so much effort.
>>
like a fashion and kind of an aesthetic or way of life. it's hard to put into words, but the fashion part is definite

>Are you a lifestyler? Or do you only wear it to cons/meets?
i don't consider myself a lifestyler because i don't wear lolita every day, despite incorporating brand into my typical dailywear and investing myself in the "culture" (checking new releases daily, talking to lolita friends, scrolling through CoF, whatever). i want to wear lolita every day when i have enough main pieces to do so, which would probably be 40-50 for me personally. looking at my wardrobe growth, i will reach this point within a year or two.

i will wear lolita just to lounge around the house if i feel like it

>Are you after e-fame?
no. i might post pictures of my coordinates pretty regularly but i just like to share even if it gets no attention

e-fame reaps very little benefit in the lolita community

i have an aversion to lolita at heart types or people who feel like they're somehow entitled to a luxury fashion

but i'm not going to actually dislike somebody solely for that reason. it only elicits a knee-jerk reaction from me and then i get over it

>Tell me gulls, what is your personal "lolita"?
wear the clothes whenever i want, surround myself with cute things that coincide with my personal lolita aesthetic, associate with other lolitas
>>
Lone lolita mostly, I've attended a few events but I always feel awkward at those because I'm a foreigner/immigrant in this country so I'm not entirely "in" with most of the lolita crowd here. It's hard cause even if they all speak very good English (which most of em do) and I can speak the native language fairly ok, I still don't really know what comms/meetups there are cause most of em are posted outside the main comm, so I've given up lol. I think a lot of lolitas here tend to do small meetups with friends more than big groups anyway. So I've become content with the idea of just being in it by myself because I enjoy it. I want to get to a place where I can just wear it out for coffee/shopping by myself for fun and cause I enjoy it. I mostly wear normie clothes right now because I don't trust myself in lolita shoes on icey sidewalks. I want to wear it a lot more often than I do.
>>
To be honest, I get kinda creeped out by self-proclaimed lifestylers. They tend to be kinda weird and maladjusted. Like, people who complain about not being able to wear lolita to work and stuff .-.
>>
>>9351086
Well, if someone loves dressing up, it's understandable that they'd feel bad about not having many opportunities to do that because of work. I don't think there's anything weird about that, unless I misunderstood what you mean.
>>
>>9351091
Yeah but it's not just dressing up, it's dressing up in a loud alternative Japanese fashion meant for attention. I think anon is saying that it's weird they're unable to read the atmosphere and understand why this kind of fashion is inappropriate in certain settings.
>>
File: 74238948295234.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
74238948295234.png
52KB, 444x287px
>>9351202
>meant for attention
It's alternative fashion, it stands out because it's out of the ordinary but saying it's *meant* to attract attention is some sort of reach, unless you yourself wear it because you like attention in which case please speak for yourself.
>>
>>9351086
>>9351202
I understand what's appropriate to wear to the office and why, but that doesn't mean I can't feel sad about being unable to wear my favorite clothes. It's self expression to me and has nothing to do with attention.
>>
>>9351086
It's the same thing as goths making corp goth a thing. It happens when you identify strongly with your style.
>>
About as carefully as I treat my vintage clothing items, maybe a little less
I'm a lone lolita right now, so I guess more of a lifestyler? I wear my casual stuff out shopping/getting coffee/etc and I wear fancier pieces to stuff like art galleries and premieres. None of my friends in the city wear lolita but a lot of them have their own out-there styles going on, so I fit in pretty well. I have some pieces that are more for my collection until I muster up the nerve to start going to meets and cons. Meets I'll probably start attending soon, cons are less likely for me since I hate overwhelming crowds. I only resell if I get a dress in and it looks bad/unflattering on me.
>Are you after e-fame?
Nah, being e-famoose seems like way more trouble than it's worth. I think about starting a blog sometimes though, to have an excuse to do more in-depth writing about the fashion.
>Do you look down on people who get differen things out of this fashion than you?
Not really, no. I mean unless they're a real cunt, then I don't like them, but that applies to non j-fash people too.
>what is your personal "lolita"?
Looking good, feeling well put-together, having some lifestyle hobbies primarily.

Fun thread OP
>>
>>9351252
>e-famoose
That made me laugh.
Do start a blog, anon. Judging by the number of nostalgic gulls on this board, if you write well and update at a reasonable frequency you could have yourself a decently sized following. Personally, I'm always happy to find new lolita blogs to read.
>>
>>9351218
I just wouldn't even feel sad, it's a stupid place to wear that kind of fashion, self expression or not. It can be pretty uncomfortable too and isn't always practical at a desk job.
>>
>>9351294
Different people feel different things. You wouldn't feel sad if you couldn't do something that you enjoy more often, that's fine; other people do feel sad about it, and that's okay too. People aren't maladjusted because they feel differently than you.
>>
>>9351227
Incorporating lolita into your workplace's dress code is super cool.

Complaining that your workspace won't adapt their dress code to include lolita is what I'm talking about.
>>
It was the first time I ever found a feminine fashion attractive, so it's always held a special place in my heart for helping me realize that there were other options available for looking "girly" out there. Before that I always preferred men's clothing.

>Are you a lifestyler? Or do you only wear it to cons/meets? Don't even wear the clothes and only collect them? Buy clothes specifically to resell them after one wear?
Probably more of a mori lifestyler who has a good amount of lolita clothing, I'm not crazy about the decor and I don't really incorporate the fashion into everyday as much as mori. Activity-wise I like the online interaction, don't do offline stuff. And I've certainly done all of the above, cons/special events, have sold without wearing, have sold after one specific wear.

>Are you after e-fame?
Not for the fashion, I sure as hell want it for my work and creations. And not just e-fame at that.

Nope, to each their own. I can certainly understand the frustrations that others have with certain types, but ultimately it's their lives and I have no control over that.
>>
>>9350282
It's simply a fashion I like to wear. It is not a hobby, much less a lifestyle.
>>
I'm a semi-lone Lolita. There are a handful of lolitas near me but we're all far enough apart to never have really met up. I'm looking forward to seeing some next week at the only convention that happens on our island tho!
I would say lolita is my main hobby. It inspires all my other hobbies. Even the hobbies that don't directly relate to the fashion still come from the same love of all things adorable. Lolita also introduced me to other styles of jfash so I think that even if I could wear frills every single day, I might not want to? My hope is that I can find a job/ create a job for which I can wear otome & casual jfash when Lolita is not convenient. I'd consider myself a lifestyler if I currently had more opportunity to wear my frills as Lolita is something that I invest time in daily (scrolling through COF, reading cgl, secondhand shopping, making accessories or playing with outfits). Cuteness is def a priority in my life, even outside of lolita. I value independence & self expression very highly and make all decisions in my life around these priorities.
>>
>>9350631
>I'm far from being a lifestyler but I try to wear lolita every chance I get. I've never worn it to cons, but I have attended a few local meets that I obviously wore it to. Because of this, I usually lean towards simpler stuff. As much as I love looking through OTT coordinates, it really does make the fashion seem more like a costume.
>I don't necessarily look down on them for it, but I don't understand the need girls have for buying the latest and most popular releases. Since this is such a costly fashion, to me it's more important to get pieces I absolutely love and that I'll get a lot of wear out of
ooooh man, you summed up my feelings so nicely. Thanks anon! Simple coords fo lyfe.

I do have to say that I don't necessarily get the same pining for "old times" as some people might - I was kind of aware of what the fashion was, but I didn't get into it until late 2013.

That aside, lolita is also very social for me. I was able to make very good friends within my comm and it's a chance for me to get out and enjoy myself, which is something I rarely get to do nowadays.

Owning a versatile enough wardrobe would be nice, but I honestly couldn't wear it every day. I like other fashions a lot too (nanchatte, himekaji) and the weather is not always practical for it (very cold winters and very hot summers). I need to be able to wear ugly warm boots and crop tops and shorts, as the weather calls for it. It's also not always super comfortable, with the petticoat bands and tights and such. Nevertheless, I do make an effort to wear it at least once a month, meetups excluded (like dates or errands) so it feels more like a fashion choice and not a costume or some sort of mask. It just brings a touch of magic into my life.

I would love to have a blog or a channel but honestly, my wardrobe is kinda small and meh. It's a lot of vintage-y and offbrand stuff. Not complaining about brandwhores, but I think in general it's just not that exciting for a potential audience.
>>
File: SCAN0355.jpg (50KB, 311x552px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0355.jpg
50KB, 311x552px
Very fragile...because shits expensive
I'm a Lone Lolita but not much in a lifestyle way. My casual fashion is Gothic so I wear that to see family/normie friends/shopping etc while I wear Lolita to nice places like out t eat/museums and movie etc.I don't wear Lolita to con because I run around working a lot but I do wear them at meets.
>Are you after e-fame?
Nah I find it silly that you can get (e)famous just for wear a different type of fashion
Nope just people who is desperately seeking for attention because they wear Lolita.
>what is your personal "lolita"?
Feel comfortable and cute, look cute, and fun
>>
>>9350282
Not very seriously, lately I'm pretty apathetic about it, I need to find a way to incorporate it into my casual style in a comfortable way. I just like rummaging cute dresses on second hand sites or picking up occasionally from brand sites, but as of right now it usually ends up living in my closet..
Mostly wear it at meets, and my comm has very few meets so I don't really get a chance to dress up as often as I'd like, maybe once it warms up, but right now I'm more into dressing cool and effortless.
Nah, it's whatever it is to each individual and how much they want it to be a part of their lifestyle, that's cool.
>>
>>9351259
Same, all the lolita blogs I used to follow are dying. It would be nice to have new content.
>>
>>9351202
You obviously aren't a lolita and have no experience with alternative fashion. Do some fucking research and maybe meet some of us IRL before you comment on a fucking lolita thread about wearing the fucking fashion. :^)
>>
>>9351452
You're not a lone lolita if you go to meets
>>
>>9351338
I agree, I think Lolita would be inappropriate if you worked directly with patients or clients, but if your environment is more laid back and doesn't require a lot of contact with the very judgemental general public, I say go for it.
>>
I'm a university student, so for now, I only have enough lolita clothes to wear to meetups and cons. I do try to wear lolita to school sometimes on the rare occasions that I do feel like dressing up for school. I see lolita more as a hobby, though eventually, I'd like to have enough in my wardrobe to wear on a semi-daily basis.
>>
>>9352491
even if you don't have Lolita friends?
>>
>>9353101
Yes. The definition of lone lolita is someone who wears the fashion on their own with no connection to a community. There may be a comm in your area but if you don't participate in it and go solo then you're a lone lolita.
>>
Lolita is simply for fun for me!
I've been interested in lolita for roughly 7 years now, and I made my first lolita dress because I couldn't afford any at the time.
I own two dresses now, both AP, and I've been to two meetups.. I tend to not go because I feel out of place, my comm is kinda stuffy but I've met lovely ladies from other comms and I have some friends who happen to be into lolita as well!
I only wear them to meetups because wearing my dresses to cons makes me... nervous.. because of people who don't seal makeup or whatever else may happen! I really just like feeling like a cute doll! I'm a big fan of jfashion in general so I like to post my coords to my IG sometimes though.
>>
>How do you treat Lolita
I look at my lolita wardrobe as the best and favorite pieces of my closet and take it pretty seriously. I buy things that I think will help build a cohesive wardrobe that I can get use out of, not to wear once and sell.
>Are you a lifestyler? O do you only wear it to cons/meets?
Not a lifestyler because my wardrobe isn't as big as I want it to be, but I like to wear lolita whenever I can feel comfortable in it. Usually that means to friend outings with and without my comm. Attention from strangers usually makes me uncomfortable so I don't wear it when I'm 100% alone out in public, running errands or w/e. But ideally I'd like to have my everyday wardrobe be made up of knit/cutsew pieces from brands like Emily Temple Cute so I can be comfortable and cute but still appropriate for what I'm doing.
>Are you after e-fame
No. Because widespread attention brings negative attention and I'm a sensitive baby. And I'm kinda ugly so I know I'd get torn to shreds. But kind of like >>9351252 said, lolita blog writing would maybe be fun.
?Do you look down on people who get different things out of this fashion than you?
No.
>What is your personal "lolita?"
My favorite style and aesthetic.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.