[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweden thread - Not a lot of anything edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 36

File: sveriges-flagga.png (3KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
sveriges-flagga.png
3KB, 800x500px
Confusion just announced that there will be no con this year, as did Donkeycon a while back and it seems like Kultcon have died. Does it just mean that Närcon will become our supreme ruler once and for all?
>>
>>9347730
Kultcon was shit anyway.

Here are some solid, small cons confirmed for 2017 for your pleasure:
Kodachicon
Storcon
Fairycon
Picacon
>>
Come to Norway!
Banzaicon had tickets to spare last year, and sleeping halls makes it so you don't need to buy hotel
>>
>>9348223
Okay after looking at what you have here >>9347735 it seems like you have many good conventions to go to.
Please consider Banzaicon still though :3
>>
>>9348223
How big are your bigger cons? We have goof smaller cons but those listed dont go over 1k.
>>
>>9348223
Banzaicon is really small, and not that interesting. The biggest cons in norway are Desucon and Torucon, but they only get 2000-4000 attendees. Desucon is more of a tween-convention though.
>>
>>9348639
A few hundred would not be small by Norwegian standards, sounds medium sized. And multiple days also seems impressive.

Our biggest con is Desucon in summer, but it's biggest draw is that it's the biggest so you get to meet people you don't meet elsewhere. A few thousand people perhaps.They have been known for being really bad, but have taken steps to improve. There are also some smaller single day Desucons, but they are mostly for more local people who want a decently sized con. Don't know if they break a thousand, at least many hundreds.

The other major con in Norway is Banzaicon. Last year they expanded to sell 1500 tickets from previous 500, but they only sold around 1000. Banzaicon is known for being the best con in Norway, anyone who has been there agrees. This is also where you will see the highest levels of cosplay in the competition.

Other than that, there is Torucon, whose size I'm not quite sure about, but maybe up to 800 people? Idk. It's okay, but expensive for non-locals because they have no dormitories, and their program is just average. Nice chairs in the common area though, and the year I went there they actually had a ball pit which was awesome.

There's also Kawaiicon, which has maybe 300-400 guests I guess. They tend to have a bit thin programming at times, but they are good enough. Their opening ceremony is completely amazing, a full length play with great jokes and music, and it's also relatively cheap for the major cons, with not too high ticket prizes and cheaper than usual dornitories. A good filler con for Norwegians.

Other than that, there's Metrocon, which I know nothing about, but maybe some hundreds?

These are the major ones, that I'd classify as mid sized ones. Then there's the small ones, with attendees in the 100s or less, like Yugicon, Unicon and a few more.

Big: 1000 to 4000 perhaps.
Medium: ~250 - 800
Small: 30 - 160
Roughly
>>
Isn't this a Sweden thread? We don't care about Norwegian cons.
>>
>>9348678
except clearly we do.
>>
>>9348678
I care about mostly any nordic con at 1k or more.
>>
What are the best danish cons?
I've never been to one
>>
>>9348678
Pretty much every con in Halland/Västragötaland/Bohuslän is cancelled this year so it seems like we will have to. (Närcon Halmstad doesn't count.)
>>
Why don't you swedes come to Finnish cons? You know they're superior.
>>
>>9348706
>närcon halmstad is also cancelled

>>9348825
Do you have sovsalar?
>>
If you live in Gothenburg, you can reach Banzaicon by train for only 266 kronor each way if you buy tickets early. You can get an amazing weekend in Larvik for only 1300 Norwegian crowns including travel, convention ticket and sleeping! If you don't understand Norwegian, most of the programming is in English!! Come to Norway!!
>>
>>9348871
We have sovsalar, lattiamajoitus here. They're usually fully booked within a few hours/days though. Usually at a different location from the actual con, but usually there's a free bus running in the mornings and evenings. Never had a problem with them, people are quiet and considerate. Would recommend if you don't want to dish out for a hotel.
>>
Going to both Jpopcon in Norway and Desucon in Finland this year. With confusion cancelling there isn't really any swedish con I'm looking forward to
>>
>>9349176
Jpopcon is Denmark.
Is it any good? I've considered it before
>>
>>9349237
Different anon but it felt kind of empty last time I went there, but it's location is extremely central which is great when booking a hotel and if you want to see the rest of Copenhagen while you're there.
>>
File: 20160729_121452.jpg (109KB, 429x573px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_121452.jpg
109KB, 429x573px
I personally love Närcon. Working on a new suit of armor for this summer. Might end up competing again, but I'm not sure yet. :) Here's a picture of my Space Marine armor from last year.
>>
>>9348825
>>9348884
I just want to point out the tonal difference here.
>>
>>9349237
J-popcon is alright but Genki-con is way better imo. But Genki is at the same time as Närcon Summer this year so...
For J-pop the only downsides is they have very limited space in the sleeping halls and their management with their gophers is... kinda shit.
But if you come as a guest there's a lot of good stuff I guess. And as another anon said, it's in DGI byen which is right next to Copenhagen central station so you can go anywhere you want if you wanna go explore.
>>
Any thoughts on NärCon Vinter? Hear they're back in the school this year and not putting the whole con in the SAAB arena. Also unconfirmed (so far) rumors that gaming gets a whole lot of focus while ext arr gets the short end of the stick (brings back some sweet NCS2015 memories)
>>
>>9351014
Ext arr here.

So far the actual care of us is looking up (sovsalar, access privileges, food) but information is still lacking and we've been shoved together two arrs in one 30kvm room... the first arr we were told we'd share with didn't mesh with our schedule at ALL and we had to manually find an arr that would. Not sure what happened to our former roommates but I know we wouldn't have been able to do anything working with them.
>>
Who's going to CSM? I kind of want to attend just because Nordiska Museet is frickin' gorgeous.
>>
>>9349671
Nice to see some local high quality suits!

>>9353869
Im new to cons, what is CSM?

I'll most likely try to attend everything near Stockholm.
>>
>>9355903
Cosplay-SM, it's a new separate event starting this year because Närcon wants to make it a even more of over hyped. I think it's in Stockholm somewhere because of course it is
>>
Isn't NärCon soon? Or is that bad?
>>
>>9357154
Its this week or next week, I think. I personally don't have the money or the time though
>>
>>9357154
>>9357253
NärCon Vinter is 23rd to 26th this month, so next weekend
>>
File: 2782501950_4ddfd672d0.jpg (123KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
2782501950_4ddfd672d0.jpg
123KB, 400x500px
Looks like I'll be staying here in Lund for a few months more, so is there anything in the sort of Malmö/Lund-ish area? Guess Copenhagen too, that's kind of close
>>
>>9357760
There's KodachiCon in Lund, usually around May. The people organizing it, KodachiKai, seem to have a somewhat weekly weeb hangout from what I've heard? I don't live down there though so I don't actually have any idea. Google "KodachiKai Lund" and see if there's anything relevant to your interests
>>
>>9348667
You guys tripping. Banzai got 700-800 visitors last year. And desucon has always inflated their visitor numbers. The only one I'm not sure about is Torucon, but it's always packed with people. I would say the biggest difference between banzai and toru is that banzai is more of a stage/entertainment con while Torucon is more of a cosplay con. But banzaicon is probably best for those who want a con in English! But the cons really cost the same to attend, just Torucon is farther away, so people think it automatically means more expensive.
>>
File: 20170217_142244.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_142244.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>9359079
According to this
https://op.no/ung/larvik/boligmappa-arena/suksess-for-tidenes-kostymefest/s/5-36-269171
They broke 1000 last year. Some of them may have been single day visitors though.

I don't know about the ticket price at Torucon, but even disregarding travel costs, Torucon offers no cheap sleeping. You have to end up close to 1000 to have somewhere to sleep, while Banzaicon offers sovsalar at a considerably lower price. This is where the biggest part of the cost difference lies, not in travel costs.

I don't know the difference between a cosplay con and an entertainment con, bit true Torucon may have better locations for photos, and better seats to rest. But as far as programming goes, I see no major way Banzaicon is much worse than Torucon. Maybe they put a bigger emphasis in acting in the cosplay competition?

Here is last year's programming for Friday and Sunday, and as you can see, plenty of events on cosplay craftmanship.
- Cosplay fabric
- Cosplay seamwork
- Worbla workshop
- The basics of steel
Probably idea from start to finish, but they forgot about it in their con book.
On Saturday, they had panels for:
- Cosplay makeup
- Moulding and casting
- 3D printing and cosplay
They also had a panel (at the same time as makeup) on how to prepare 3D models for printing.
Banzaicon has plenty of options, even if you only want to learn how to make your costumes.
But okay, looks like they didn't have a panel for wigs.
>>
File: 1485295184241.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485295184241.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>9358106
>KodachiKai Lund
Thank you Anon! That actually looks small and cozy. Will give it a shot.
>>
>>9359887
If you're interested in going to a Norwegian con, I would recommend Torucon. Most people would want to sleep at a hotel.
>>
>>9361226
It's not that Torucon is bad, but Banzaicon is simply better.
- better buildings and room layout. Torucon is just one big room with some rooms on the side, and from the main room, you can see the door to almost every other room. This makes it feel smaller and less interesting. Banzaicon has a better room layout, where you have a bigger space, where not everything can be seen, and multiple ways to go from one point to another. This makes it feel bigger and more exciting to explore and be at.
- cafeteria with food for reasonable prices, and even some warm food around dinner time. It's also a good room to just hang out.
- relaxing rooms with side activities. They usually have a manga room, video game room, tabletop room, and last year they had a really popular karaoke room.
- special guests. They bring in multiple quests from outside Scandinavia much more consistently than other cons, but local guests as well.
- better feeling. Everyone are positive, and the people who work there are always friendly and help spread a good mood ( nothing against Torucon).
- because they are the best and most important con, this is where people will put in their greatest effort, and bring their best cosplays and debut with new cosplays.

Torucon's advantages over Banzaicon are that they have better, soft chairs and couches to rest in, better photo locations outside, is in a bigger and more relevant city, and possibly more people (?). But this doesn't come close to make up for Banzaicon's advantages, Banzaicon is clearly the superior one (Torucon is still good, but if you have to choose, there is no question, Banzaicon is better.)
>>
>>9361386
Guess well have to see this year
>>
NärConVinter coming up in like 3 days. How's the pepp?
>>
>>9363289
I am dying of communications with Närcon but all my cosplays are done so I mean it could be worse.
>>
>>9363308
Has Närcon ever been good at communicating, honestly
>>
How to find Swedish cosplayer gf?
>>
Who here /atnärcon/ already?
>>
>>9365684
Not going this year because money, but how does it seem so far?
>>
>>9366763
I'm a terrible judge because I'm just over the anime con scene in general, but I really liked the Artist Alley.
>>
Why do I have a feeling like a certain someone is in this thread.
Anyway if any of you don't also browse /int/ and already know who I am, just look for a guy wearing all black with a helmet that says N.E.E.T., I'll be there tomorrow too.
>>
So. Anyone have any good con drama yet? I heard there was some girl who got bullied out of her sleeping space, anyone got details?
>>
Only drama I have from NCV atm is that someone got elbowed hard in the face so they bled while walking down a hall. All thanks to dancing and flailing weebs.
>>
wtf was that first performance in sketchtävlingen?
>>
>>9368694
Wtf as in check it out once it ends up on youtube or wtf as in keep an eye out in the cringe thread.
>>
What's up with the SAO cosplayers in masters competing like it's a performance comp? Would've thought the guy was the contestant wasn't it for the screen.
>>
Re: Zero cosplayer had this exact same act at Närcon Gävle, but I guess that con was so irrellevant it hardly matters.

Also, hosts are cringeworthy.
>>
>>9368962
Aren't they always?
>>
>>9368944
It's c'us the Asuna bends the rules for how you get to use the assisstant... She uses them on stage instead of behind like how it's meant to..
Anyone knowing why the Meirin from the Kuroshitsuji panel bitches about being mistreated btw??
>>
Lol, the Asuna from the SAO master performance is obviously pissed about not winning, but shows it in such a passive-agressive way and say that she "feels" that she needs to step up her game.

No gurl, think over what you do and have other give you feedback, that's what you need to do. Not challenge yourself.

Also, stop boasting about your "achivements".
>>
anything good as far as orebro goes? im so fucking alone
>>
File: IMG_5815.jpg (154KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5815.jpg
154KB, 960x960px
>>9369701
Seems like there's a good chunk of drama around the contests. From the event wall:

>Hej alla som tävlade i cosplay tävlingen i Novice och Intermediate, jag har ett meddelande till er.

>Jag har fått höra otroligt mycket klagomål ang om att alla inte blev inkallade till efterbedömningen. Jag vill att ni ska försöka förstå detta från våran sida.
>Jag dömde alla Novice, alla Intermediate och alla sketcher tillsammans med några få andra. Vi har jobbat nästan nonstop från torsdag till söndag och sett så oerhört många cosplays.
>Vi ville verkligen se allas cosplays på nära håll, men vi KUNDE inte ta in och titta på ALLA cosplays, det fanns helt enkelt inte tid till det med det upplägget som var. Jag själv föredrar förbedömning för att det känns mer rättvist, men det var inte vårat fel att systemet var som det var. Vi jobbar och pratar i många många timmar för att alla ska få en bra upplevelse och att rätt vinnare ska komma fram. Men att få skit som domare för att systemet var dåligt är inte kul! Jag är ledsen om de kändes orättvist men vi kan inte göra något åt det. Allt vi kan göra är att hoppas de blir bättre nästa gång.

>Det jag kan erbjuda är att om du vill ha, och KAN TA EMOT kritik, så skicka ett PM till mig så ska jag göra mitt bästa för att förklara för dig vad jag tycker om din cosplay.

Yikes. Anyone have the complete list of the winners?
>>
>>9369920
Novice don't need a prejudging as long as the judges are allowed to walk a little backstage to see the cosplays more in close up.

I only know the Master winners since they were announced on CSMs facebook page
>>
>>9369920
Ahbobooo, the judges doesn't want to watch my novice level cosplay up close, waaaaaa!

I totally understand her and the system they had to use. Most cosplay pretty much show their potential on stage either way, so only calling those with a chance of winning to further inspection seems fair. The ones complaining are entitled crybabies that want the God forsaken "everybody's equal" in a freaking competition. I'm glad the judges didn't need to look closer and see all the ugly sides and details on novice-tier cosplays.

But fuck, I'm pulling this out of my ass. Wasn't at the con, haven't lurked the crybabies complaining. I appreciate the judges having and efficient system, that's all.
>>
File: närrant.png (68KB, 489x741px) Image search: [Google]
närrant.png
68KB, 489x741px
>ugh why do uncool people talk to me
>>
>>9368793
cringe thread
>>
>>9361386
>>9359887
>>9348884
>>9348667
>>9348227

Banzaicon is now canceled, so Torucon is the best con you can visit in Norway this year. Hopefully Banzaicon is back next year.

But the exciting this with Torucon this year is that they have two cosplay competitions. One regular and one craftsmanship. And each of them have a classic and master class.

And also there's a prop competition! Which is very cool! So if you have an awesome prop or a part of your cosplay that you would like to showcase you can do it there
>>
>>9369990
Do they expect anyone to read all that
This could've been shorted down to something like "I don't like being refered to as x and having x done to me. Please be nice/considerate of other peoples boundaries, this is important"
>>
>>9372331
That's just the complaining part of the post, it's almost twice as long in total.
>>
>>9372321
I agree, Torucon is now unquestionably the best con in Norway.
But Banzaicon was so much better, Torucon doesn't come close, and I'm questioning if I even want to cosplay anymore. May write in the feels thread about this.
So now Norway stands without cons I'd recommend to everyone.
Kawaiicon has bad room layout and too empty program. Desucon is held in a really bad location and doesn't come close to doing what Banzaicon did, even with much more tickets sold. Torucon has a lacking location, and I don't like the image of "manliness" they are trying to build for themselves. Don't know about Metrocon, but they may cancel too, and they never built a reputation like that of Torucon and Banzaicon, so they are probably not as good. Unicon is cramped and has little to do with much empty time, and has failed to grow what one would expect for a con that has been around for that long. Yumecon seems to focus mostly on local non-cosplayers, and have never been big. And the organizer looks like a SJW. Yugicon has the potential to take over as the next great con, it depends on how they do this year. At least they understand the importance of having things to do and advertising. But it'd still take some time, and they'd have to abandon some of their base beliefs. Kazokucon is a big, open question, since it's their first year.
>>
Närcon haven't made their flickr album downloadable yet so just names so far but I made the effort to go through the name and track down the cosplays, since most of us don't know the contestants by name.

Cosplay novice

Grand Prize - Lina Ellenberg as Ayase Eli from Love Live
Most Innovative Solutions - Maria Xu as Lightning from FFXIII
Best Craftmanship - Lisa Moberg as Star Guardian Lulu from League of Legends
Runway Impact - Josephine Davidsson as Morrigan from Dragon Age
Honorable Mention - Lukas Ringholm as Bucky Barnes (MCU)

Cosplay intermediate

Grand Prize - Marlene Arons as Maria from Assassins Creed The Movie
Best Craftmanship - Britta Backlund as Skull Kid from the Legend of Zelda
Runway Impact - Susanne Lundh as Tracer from Overwatch
Best Prop - Anna Sjölin as Mal from Disney's Descendants
Honorable Mention - Pernilla Larsson as La Muerte from the Book of Life

Cosplay master

Grand prize - Sanna Eriksson as Juri Han from Street Fighter IV
First runner up - Beatrice Krüger as Lagombi from Monster Hunter
Second runner up - Ron Andersson as Rem from Re: Zero

Sketch

Grand prize - Lotta Lundin, Robert Bång, & David Ketikidis, doing a Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them-skit
Honourable mention - Hubert Makuch & Melker Myhr doing a Borderlands skit.
>>
>>9372478
You sound so bitter. You should probably stop cosplaying...
>>
If anyone's interested in going to a convention in Norway this year then you should go to Torucon. Banzaicon is great too, but their fans get a bit obsessive and dramatic.

Torucon is held at an amazing hotel. They want to improve the cosplay community and actually do thing to improve the con (instead of doing the same thing over and over again like other cons). Torucon might be a more "adult" convention then the regular conversation, so you won't see people running around. There are other cheaper hotels in the area and it's easy to travel to from the airport/train station. I'm looking forward to Torucon this year, and hope to see more people there this year.
>>
>>9372803
I would go, but I'll be out of country around then and probably won't have the time.

>>9372724
Master winner was so deserved; her stage presence and movement was amazing.
>>
>>9372782
Bitter? I'm just negative, because this will be a shit year for cons in Norway and there is no one to take over next year either. Most cons are stuck in bad buildings, which makes it impossible to come close to the level Banzaicon was at, no matter how hard they try.
I got no cosplay friends either, and now that I lost Banzaicon to look forward to I have very little to work for. But I got no choice but to keep cosplaying and going to cons that don't offer what Banzaicon did because I got no friends outside cosplay either and am completely reliant on cosplay to get any social interaction at all.

>>9372803
Banzaicon is canceled, so Torucon is your only choice. That, or Desucon, if what you want the most is to meet as many people as possible.
And there is nothing wrong abour Banzaicon fans. Of course people who have gone to Banzaicon want to get other people to experience the same great thing as them, but they are never out of line.

The Torucon hotel has great limitations. There are not enough room, and too samey to walk around compared to Banzaicon. Torucon is great, but it can never become Banzaicon unless they move.
And Torucon is not the only con that tries to improve. Kawaiicon has expanded from one to two days a few years ago. Last year it was a bit samey to the year before, but they have expanded in the past.
Banzaicon always made sure to mix things up a bit. They had different panels from year to year, and they also experimented with moving the different types of rooms around. And last year they did the greatest change ever by becoming much bigger and changing everything. A shame they are no more. This year could have been revolutionary, finally they got to show more people than the 500 obsessed people who had been there before how great it was, they got so much publicity for becoming bigger, and so many new people told their friends about it. It feels so bitter that this will never be. They would have sold all their tickets, and got so much money
>>
>>9372803
Cont. of >>9372941
And "adult"? What? Does this have to do with Torucon's annoying "macho" image? I don't want a macho convention, I want something that's fun and friendly. reeeeeeee
People running around is very rarely a problem anyway.
And all hotels are expensive, I wish I could sleep in Banzaicon's sovsalar again. Torucon costs so much.
Torucon is still a great convention, don't get me wrong.
My attacks against Torucon is in response to your praise, not against Torucon in general.
They are by far the best con in Norway now.
>>
I'm sad Banzai is not happening this year. How am I meant to visit Norway now?

I even planned a way to make Erik get booed again.
>>
>>9373073
omg r u the real moley?

I really liked your panels at Banzaicon 5 - School Days :3
>>
>>9373101
This is 4Chan so I could be anyone but thank you for enjoying the panels.
>>
File: 12340.png (404KB, 780x593px) Image search: [Google]
12340.png
404KB, 780x593px
Hey looking for a group of people around 20-25 to chill with @ närcon this summer, ill be driving a car so if you're near gothenburg yall can hitch a ride.
My discord is Rocket3#6618, anyone interested in cosplay shit can also add me.
>>
>>9378044
To clarify, by "20-25" i meant range of age and not a horde of autists
>>
>>9378044
>>9378050
I started laughing my ass of at the image at first before I realised you meant age.

I'm turning 25 this year, if I'm going I'll hit you up, saving your Discord~ (btw, any cosplay plans or are you just gonna chill?)
>>
>>9378816
Metal bat my man, I have ordered all the material I need already so just playing the waiting game atm.
But there will be plenty of chilling i assure you.
>>
Bump?
>>
I thought Comic Con Stockholm had finally died but apparently not. And they should have kept the Gamex name because the most comic things about that con are the two comic book retailers and Warner Bros. games.

I really hate the non-existent action comic scene in this country, and the over saturated political comic scene.
>>
>>9384513
I agree with you that our mainstream comics are really fucked up; Galago are pretty consistently Bad and the only "mainstream" comic artist I actually like from our national scene is Sara Granér...

I personally don't mind the lack of action comics, because I'm more interested in adventure, mystery, etc. which I definitely think exist. Theo, as well as most of the stuff Kim W. makes comes to mind. It's not as prominent as the political stuff (or the newspaper strips a-la Elvis and Rocky), but it does exist and I did see it at CC. One title I picked up last year that I really liked was Stor-Jobdal; super excited to see the follow up to that one. We also have a big branch of translated french comics; I think the reason american comics aren't translated is because there's no real demand for it.

Fingers crossed we get some more legitimate comic book people to CC, though.
>>
>>9385993
I'm a huge capefag so that does influence my opinion of thing, but I want to read comics that have an interesting story, neat (ie. not gross just because or totally unpolished) art and no meaningless political commentary. The actual genre isn't super important but I haven't been able to find more than like two Swedish comics like that yet, and it feels like it's just such a small part of the market here even though I know that there are many amazing Swedish illustrators and writers who publish stuff on Tumblr and Facebook and wherever. It just feels like actual good (potential) comics get pushed to the back so the useless shit like Lilla Berlin gets to shine...

They should never try to publish American comics in Swedish again. But it would be nice if actual comics, French, American, British or w/e, were a larger part of CC. They could invite British or French writers as guests if the Americans are too expensive and they could at least try to get the likes of Marvel, DC, Image, Dargaud or 2000AD to show up as exhibitors. 'cause I don't see the point of calling it a Comic Con if you're main attractions are a Z-list TWD actor and Nintendo.
>>
File: OnPaste.20170313-150152.png (17KB, 467x209px) Image search: [Google]
OnPaste.20170313-150152.png
17KB, 467x209px
Are people actually so stupid that they can't use online stores.
>>
>>9388761
Could be underage, but that post is really cringe either way.
>>
File: ester2[1].jpg (140KB, 708x1002px) Image search: [Google]
ester2[1].jpg
140KB, 708x1002px
>>9386599
Hey, at least your genre is present in one way or another. I'm into fantasy, adventure, and more visual novel type material...

There were some swedish comic folks last year, but I agree that it needs more industry folk from the rest of the world and not just the people that happen to have the roads by. I think the tides are shifting, even if it's slowly - Galago's share of the market COULD NOT be more over saturated and I'm just waiting for the crowd to realize that the emperor is naked.
>>
>>9388761
Its probably just some dum bitch who expects shit be done for her
>>
>>9388761
I'm honestly kind of confused about what op is trying to achieve with this... requesting second hand is one thing but it's just so vague she's obviously cominng at this from more of a halloween costume perspective.
>>
It has happened, the creator of Narcon (who is totally trans btw!!!) posted about how "heterosexuality is a relatively new invention and how it in the beginning was seen as a disturbance and abnormal, and only later became a norm". I've always gotten vibes that we "hetero cis-scum" were unwelcome, but this is too much.
>>
>>9396512
They linked to a BBC article with seemingly historical facts, I don't have the energy to go full History Student Source Criticism on it tonight but it looked legit at the first glance. Labeled sexuality was as far as I know invented somewhere around 1870-1920, which I base on lots of papers by contemporary historians. Sadly I don't see the point in skimming through 5 months of internet history to find the sources to back up my claims since this is 4chan
>>
>>9396636
I did read the article, and it was about how labeled sexuality was quite new (true), but "heterosexuality is a relatively new invention and how it in the beginning was seen as a disturbance and abnormal, and only later became a norm" is not, and HE is an idiot.
>>
>>9397606
This, before homosexuality didn't even have much of a term for it because heterosexuality was a DEFAULT. When options surfaced, heterosexuality required a label to differentiate itself from homosexuality. Of course retarded SJWs would interpret this as "before evil heterosexuals came along we were all gay!!!111".
>>
File: IMG_5963.png (137KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5963.png
137KB, 640x1136px
Christ.

Have cosplay panels gone too far?

And on that topic; what's the general quality of Swedish cosplay panels? Did anyone see the "bitchpanel" at NCV?
>>
>>9400774
Cosplay panels are too broad now days. It's not just a fandom ,it's a whole genre, Wouldn't surprise me if they just made a hentai panel soon.

I did not have the chance to watch bitchpanlen at NCV but i loved it at the summer.
>>
>>9400774
Eugh.

Most panels have been pretty damn awful for a while now. Little quality control and boring humour.
>>
Who's going to CSM? Who's watching from home?
>>
Are Närcon releasing their tickets earlier each year or does it just feel like it?
>>
>>9378044
>>9378989
What do you call the kind of pants Metal Bat wears? I'm sure there must be a name for them, they're a pretty established Japanese thing right?
>>
Thought about Cosplay SM?
Show was pretty nice, winner's costume was good, but I seriously wanted to punch the female host in the face, she was so fucking bad. Other host was OK, but not really good.
>>
>>9408936
There was definitely something in the way she spoke. Also a bit weird having the hosts in formal wear; makes them look like muggles.

Production value was incredible. The postcards with the name, the lightwork, the much tighter focus on the characters and performance than before... though there's still work to be done on the camera angles. Still, the whole concept is really fucking cool. Swedish cosplay is on such a high level and I definitely think it's something we can be proud about internationally. Performance quality has gone way up; the only one I felt was truly uninspired was the Assassins Creed one.

Formatting it as a gala is definitely a step in the right direction, and the venue is pretty cool, but they need to work on the concept and make it feel a bit more legit and fancy.

The Cosplay Folktroväsen pre-show was awesome! I loved the idea, the cosplays were great, and it was really fun to see some original designs in contrast to the CSM ones.

SCCA will become better as a concept with time; I don't think anyone expected the first run to be particularly interesting.

Mid-show host was incredible, deserves an award and a starring role in a big musical at a legit theatre somewhere. Hard to believe he doesn't do that for a living.

Winner costume was a-maze-ing, but I wasn't captured by the performance. All the costumes in general seemed really good, with Yuna being the only one I felt wasn't really on a SM-level quite yet (much to do with the fact that it's just not all that visually impressive).
>>
A non-swede here popping in to ask why the hell do you always have like 10 assistants on stage when it's a solo competition?
>>
>>9409208
out of the performances, only one had more than one assistant, and the TV production put next to no focus on the assistants, so I'm not sure what you're talking about?
>>
>>9407914
Some sort of harem pants probably
>>
>>9408996
First I thought the male host was in some kind of Phoenix Wright inspired casual cosplay getup lol
Also agree that the female host was bad, the way she spoke made her sound slightly retarded
>>
Is there stepmania at närcon?
>>
>>9411771
They usually have some dance games but I think they're only DDR?
>>
I guess I won't go to Närcon. I was considering it for a while, but now it's too late, and it's expensive and I'd probably end up alone.
>>
File: 15458590.jpg (45KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
15458590.jpg
45KB, 500x395px
>>9417869
its not 2 late bro, you can go with me
it wont be awkward at all
>>
>>9409236
NCC is a solo competition with the addition of an assistant, but I think >>9409208 meant that the focus is too much on the assistants in most of the skits. Not that the rules really state how big of a part can the assistant play, but when the character isn't alone on stage at any time, it's kinda unfair to the other competitors. Not to mention it kinda ruins the meaning of "solo competition" in the first place.
>>
>>9419426
With "the character" I meant the competitor.
>>
>>9419426
But the competitor didn't win anything so how is it unfair? The ones who won used at most 1 assistant on stage so the rules clearly don't favor anyone with a group of assistants.
>>
>>9419463
Having one assistant on the stage for most of the performance beats the purpose of a solo competition, dumbass. With the winner of SM you couldn't even tell which one was the contestant.
>>
>>9419567
You'd have to be dumb to not understand who was the main performer in the winner's performance. As long as the assistant is used well I see no problem with it, and everyone is allowed to so it's not unfair if a contestant decides not to.

I'd rather see competitors with an assistant adding to the performance than boring monologues or performances where they fake fight against invisible foes. I'm also sure the judges will draw points if they think an assistant is being too much in focus.
>>
>>9419567
And who were you rooting for?
>>
>>9419606
>Two main characters
>Both on the stage at the same time for the whole length of the skit, both equally in focus
>6 assistants in another skit on the stage at the same time, a short talking skit afterwards with another assistant, the actual competitor alone on the stage for only few seconds
>duhh you have to be stupid not to realize which one's the contestant!
You are so fucking dumb. Solo competitions should be solo competitions, assistants should be assistants supporting the main performer's performance WITHOUT taking the focus away from the contestant. And there should be only one of them. It's unfair to the fundamentals of it being a solo contest.
>>
>>9427781
If the contestant puts together all costumes on stage, as well as choreography and showcase, then I can't say I see the issue.
>>
File: BARBARIET.png (614KB, 994x493px) Image search: [Google]
BARBARIET.png
614KB, 994x493px
What is people's opinion on Magnus Söderman? He is one of my favorite cosplayers when he dresses up as a Waffen SS
>>
>>9431909
Söderman is a great cosplayer.
>>
>>9433209
fuck off
>>
File: jimmieeeee.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jimmieeeee.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
hows the "sex/hookup's" on Närcon?
any hotels and whatnot nearby?

on some other cons in america and whatnot the cosplayers usually hang out and it ends in "erotic" ways [spoiler]if you know what I mean[/spoiler]
>>
Is anyone else having issues with orders from other countries arriving really, really late? Even stuff from the rest of the EU seems to be taking ages right now.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170419-210418.png (205KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170419-210418.png
205KB, 1080x1920px
Nevermind, I think I figured it out...
>>
Hey danish fag here was wondering if there are any cons that you guys know about in Denmark or would I be better off going to Sweden I and my friend wanna go to one but we have no idea about when any of them happens or wich one is the best to go to
>>
>>9378044
Me again. I sent you a request on Steam but you haven't accepted it yet.
>>
File: flags-of-nordic-countries.jpg (62KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
flags-of-nordic-countries.jpg
62KB, 480x300px
Just thought I'd make a little guide for y'all. If you want any feedback let me know.

----------------Norway

Torucon 12-13 August
Clarion Hotel & Congress
Trondheim, Norway

Desucon
23-25 June Lillestrom, Norway (close to Oslo/Oslo Airport)

Banzaicon 2017 (cancelled)
Usually October

Kawaiicon 6
26-27 August
Porsgrunn, Norway

Unicon
Akershus, Norway Asker Kulturhus
Usually March

Yumecon
Usually Notodden, Norway
Last held in April 2017

Yugicon
Drammen, norway
Last held in March 2017

Kazokucon
Fjerdingby, Norway
Marikollen Kurltursal
May 27th (one day)

Metrocon
Stavanger, Norway
Cancelled 2017

Comnicon
Stavanger, Norway Stavanger kulturhus - Solvberget
May 6th

----------------Denmark

J-popcon
Copenhagen, Denmark
DGI Byen
Was this weekend so thats over

Hydracon
Herning, Denmark Sportscenter Holling
May 5 - 7 2017

Genki
Farum, Denmark Farum Arena July 28 - 30th

GEEKcore
Copenhagen, Denmark Valby Kulturhus October 20th - 22nd

----------------Sweden

Kodachicon
Lund, Sweden Polhemskolan i Lund
May 25th - 28th

Baecon
Gränby, Sweden
IFU Arena
May 25th

Storcon
Storvreta, Sweden
Storvreta
30th June - July 2nd

Fairycon
Kalmar, Sweden
No info

Picacon
Kristinehamn, Sweden
Brogårdsgymnasiet
April 21st

NärCon
Linköping, Sweden
Linköping Universitet
27th July - 30th
>>
File: herrar.jpg (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
herrar.jpg
156KB, 800x800px
>>9446549
est. size would be nice, but thanks, anon!
>>
>>9447219
Ill try to make a blog post, and sum it all up one place, what info would you want for a quick standard these are the Norwemark conventions.

I stray from Finland, but I can add that on too if needed. But let me know what you want to know and Ill check up on it a bit later on.
>>
>>9441063
In sweden I think the biggest one is närcon, and its closer than most other cons
>>
>>9446549
Oh Metrocon was cancelled too...
This has been an awful year for Norwegian cons.
Metrocon - cancelled
Geekon - cancelled
Banzaicon - cancelled
>>
>>9451000
Same thing in Sweden, as the OP mentioned. Doesn't seem like it's a good con year in general
>>
>>9435593
People generally hookup in the camping, or at toilets. It's not allowed to have sex in the Närcon area but people obviously do it anyway. If you're going to närcon looking to hookup, buy a hotel room
>>
>>9435593
If you have sex in the goddamn sovsal I will strangle you
>>
>>9446549
Urgh, fuck Unicon.

The guy who "arranges" the con is an unprofessional retard.
He is FAR from in charge, and NO ONE in the crew respected him. Most of the work that was pulled off, and the ONLY reason it has succeed so far is because of the hardworking, unmentioned crew-leaders working below him. The only thing he's good for is standing up to take credit for shit he hasn't done.

He kept meeting up at our meetings drunk as balls, and he used to make out with some random girl during our meetings about our budget.
My friend once asked him:
"Do you consider Unicon your job?"
"Yes" he replied.
The rest of us sure wished he acted like it at the time.

He was more in the way for everyone trying to do their job than a drunk hobo in a go-cart course. Instead of spending his time doing what he actually should have done as "CEO" he ran around yelling at people, trying to strip them of their jobs by trying to do it himself. He got in the way for every single one of us, and we literally had to set him down at a chair telling him not to interfere with out work several times a day.

The idiot wanted to blow 7000 Norwegian Kroners on lights for the scene show that he had intentions of keeping for himself after the con was over, but there wasn't a single one of us that would let him do such a thing.
The budget went to shit at some point and we all had to cash out for both equipment and food. We were promised to have it returned to us after the convention, but that never happened.
Unicon still owes some of us cash to this very day.

God i needed to get that off my chest.
>>
>>9446549
Why mention cons that are cancelled? They're definitely not coming back next year.
>>9455674
Yikes. I've never talked to him, but I don't think anyone would be surprised to read this about him.
>>
>>9446549
For anyone interested in going to a Norwegian con this year: Desucon is the biggest con, but it's mostly for weeboos, while Torucon is more of a cosplay convention.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>9455977
>Desucon is the biggest con, but it's mostly for weeboos
Every con is mostly for weebs ya dangus, what kind of argument is that
Desucon is just as much a cosplay convention as Torucon is, the only difference is that Desucon attracts a wider audience.
More people = More weebs.
>>
>>9456105
Torucon have much more cosplay related on their program, and has higher quality performances in their cosplay competition. Desucon has a bad reputation with some of the cosplayers in Norway. The main event for a lot of people this year will probably be either Torucon, or Närcon. Desucon has also been trying to turn things around a bit, so maybe they'll get another chance this year by some people.
How I see it, Desucon is mainly a meetup convention, where all the fandoms will have their biggest meetup, and many their only, while Torucon is where to go for cosplay
>>
Also, literally why do Desucon make Kaplah at the same day? What's the point of locking events that everyone would be interested in, behind 18+ doors? It's not like they don't have room for it in their main event, there is never much to do. So why remove the events they actually manage to make, from the main convention?
And why is their program such a mess? No one cares about what happens in a specific room, we don't need to organize by room. Just do what literally every other con does, why do we have to read that unorganized list of events? Just make a table like everyone else.

Also worried about Kazokucon. It's less than a month left, and they've announced literally nothing. Will it be a con where nothing happens, all you do is standing around in a room? They need to announce something soon. They have done an awesome job at advertising, it'd be a real shame if they squandered all that potential by making a boring con.
>>
File: HMMM.jpg (17KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
HMMM.jpg
17KB, 408x286px
>>9456182
>Torucon have much more cosplay related on their program
You'll have to explain this

Desucon has built up bad rep over the years, due to the main issues they were facing. They didn't listen to their customers, attenders and cosplayers.
They've had a change of leadership and last year went extremely smooth thanks to that. A lot of people, me included, used to shit at Desucon all over the place, but they've gotten their shit together. They actually take critique now and they make the best out of it, which is nice.

Desucon was pretty good last year, and i intend to attend this year as well. As a guy who has whined as much as i have at them, it's well within my interest to check if they have taken anything to heart. They did last year, so i'm assuming they'll keep at it this year as well. I mean, why fix what isn't broken.

People put Desucon in a pretty unfair and shitty position because some cosplayer that got his ego-bubble busted last year. I don't blame people for taking someone's word on a side of a story, but you sometimes gotta sit down and remember that the cosplayer community has some of the most melodramatic people on planet earth.

>>9456213
>Also, literally why do Desucon make Kaplah at the same day?
As for this, i truly don't know. Unfortunately they've had a bad habit of overlapping smaller cons.
>>
>>9456496
>>Torucon have much more cosplay related on their program
>You'll have to explain this
It's not hard to explain. Look at their scedule. Desucon has one panel for new cosplayers, two cosplay catwalks, and the cosplay competition. And cosplay chess, I guess, but that doesn't count. They may add a little bit more, but I don't remember seeing much in the past, so they probably aren't adding much.
Torucon has no program up at the moment,but last year they probably had five panels about cosplay or more, in addition to the cosplay competition.
I agree they seem to have improved, but their scedule is still thin and not that interesting.

And Kaplah is literally organized by the same people, and you get access to both Desucon and Kaplah on the same ticket. To me it just looks like they arbitrarily decided to take the Star Wars actress, metalworking panel and the AI panel, and deny people younger than 18 access to these, for no reason. These are panels that could have added a lot to the experience at Desucon, but they just hold them in a separate location where most of the people who wanted to attend aren't allowed. It makes absolutely no sense.
I have always liked how at most cons, everyone are equal once they are inside, and I didn't like how Desucon made people different with their VIP passes, and this is just another thing to create differences between people. It makes it so that if you meet people, you simply can't attend panels together if you are in different "classes", which is something I don't like a lot.
>>
>>9456496
>>9456595
Oh sorry, I missed Desucon's panel about cosplay painting. They have at least two, I guess.
They also have a pretend fighting thing where people who go to the scene wear cosplay.
>>
Are all the cons aimed at entry level weebs?
>>
>>9460075
This is my main issue with swedish cons; they're just not that nerdy. Which is a shame.
>>
>>9460631
But if you try to arrange something (panel, workshop, w/e) even semi-nerdy, people ignore it.
>>
>>9455974

Just mentioning it for those that were unaware. A lot of people were being recommend conventions that weren't taking place further up. So thought I'd at least add them instead of seeing people keep recommending them.

>>9456496

Fielding this out:

>Torucon have much more cosplay related on their program

I think Desucon is contant poor considering amounts of people and content. I've also heard they are striving for change which is nice.

I think Toru is more quality fixated when it comes to amount of content and consideration of what is needed for the cosplay community. Just based on the content, when they launch, and how it works externally towards guests, Just based of the content program.
>>
>>9461101
My recommending Banzaicon was before it was announced that it's cancelled. I know it isn't this year. But really hope they come back.
>>
Anyone here went to picacon or fairycon? Anyone going to kodachi?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170504-202747_01.png (713KB, 1080x846px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170504-202747_01.png
713KB, 1080x846px
Why are people in sales groups so incredible stupid/lazy
>>
I love how NärCon boosts about being a rasism-free zone and encouraging panels about the dangers of modern blackface, then they invite Reika... The one who fucking does just that for her Soma cosplay.

>>But she be japanese, uuhhhhggghh
>>
>>9465557
I'm mostly tired of Närcon inviting the same guests over and over. Can we get a new cosplay guest please?
>>
>>9465789
Oh god, this as well. I would love to see more European ones, maybe some American ones. Not Reika all the time that costs a shitton and that people have seen a million times
>>
>>9465853
still waiting for the day they invite J.Hart
>>
>sweden thread

>Things being cucked about cosplay
>>
File: 1491475002996.jpg (24KB, 322x365px) Image search: [Google]
1491475002996.jpg
24KB, 322x365px
>>9461510
They're not, Banzaicon is dead. Period.
They were very clear on that they would not "taint their legacy", and so Banzaicon as a "trademark" was put to rest.
That was their reason. That's it. Seriously.

Banzaicon shutting down is one thing, but i think their reason for not keeping it going was absolute garbage, as if they're letting pride get in the way of the hopes of the many.
Had they been like "nah we're too tired, and we got other stuff to take care of at the time being" people would totally have understood and accepted that, but bringing their pride into this and claim to "preserve the legacy as a trademark"? Fuck off.

The Banzaicon community are extremely dedicated, and there's no doubt in my mind that another social cosplay event will soon take it's place by the hands of those dedicated and hard working people.
>>
File: soma blackface.png (1MB, 1039x690px) Image search: [Google]
soma blackface.png
1MB, 1039x690px
>>9465789
>Soma Cosplay
>Blackface
Is this a joke
>>
>>9466461
Modern day blackface.

Point is, NärCon is always pointing out not to do things that might upset others and respect others, but their guests is a complete opposite of that mind setting often.

>>War flashbacks to when they invited Vic Mignogna
>>
Btw, anyone here that have used the Bhiner shopping service and used their own shipping option and could say how long it sorta took to get it to Sweden after everything were internationally shipped??
>>
>>9466594
>Modern day blackface
Now that's a severe case of nitpicking reasons for victimization and oppression.

If they went to a tropical beach to get a tan for their cosplay, would that be ok or nah? Not everyone has that luxury, and foundation and makeup is the best and cheapest shortcut to something that would otherwise cost hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars and take several days to accomplish.

You need to understand that this is cosplay. It's not about going out of your way to mock black people or make a political statement. It's for the sake of lighthearted entertainment, and it's absolutely harmless.

If they painted their face pitch black, curled their hair and slapped on serious amounts of red lipstick in order to parody and mock African people, now that would be something to snarl at, but if you're planning to start shit over people darkening their facial skin color by a single hue, then you really need to get over yourself.
>>
>>9466865
NYART and honestly I'm not really about to argue about this because I don't really have a strong opinion either way (aside from the opinion that the people who still insist on their ~right~ to do skintone make up tend to be really obnoxious and pretty douchey), but with that said:

>It's not about going out of your way to mock black people or make a political statement. It's for the sake of lighthearted entertainment

You do realize that this can also be applied to pretty much ANY blackface done during the first half of the 20'th century? As in the type you seem to be considering real blackface.

The Jazz Singer is not a story about how stupid black people are, it's not a call to arms for white supremacists, and it's not a political statement piece in pretty much any other way. The blackface in it is still undoubtedly blackface.

Just because something is intended as lightweight, apolitical fun doesn't make it innately harmless, and claiming that is just kind of sheltered to the complexity of the problem.
>>
>>9466453
That they are permanently dead is something I feared could happen when I saw the announcement, but they didn't actually say they are gone permanently, so unless you have sources from the top of the organization, there is hope.
If they really are dead, they should have admitted it so people could make a replacement I think.

The official reason they didn't have it this year was that everyone were busy, they did say that, and I think wanting to maintain their legacy is a perfectly valid reason too. "Banzaicon" is just a name, it's not a magic spell that automatically makes a con awesome. To make the con good, you need a lot of passionate and talented people working hard. If the people were not able to work as much as required this year, or they'd outsourced the event to someone with less experience and skill, the con would not be as good.
I said being called "Banzaicon" doesn't make a con good, but it still really helps. The name "Banzaicon" has a very good reputation, which makes it a lot easier to attract people to a con called "Banzaicon" than something else, and it may also help in getting guests of honour. If they made a bad con under the "Banzaicon", that name would be ruined, and it would be much harder to make more Banzaicon in the future, even if the old people come back and have the time to do it.
There's also the fact that a lot of people pay a lot of money to go to Banzaicon, because they know they get a lot for what they pay. If Banzaicon suddenly got bad, all these people would feel like they got scammed, and it's really understandable the people behind Banzaicon don't want that.

I wonder if it's really possible to make another con like Banzaicon. Banzaicon was born at a time when there was a really big community for anime and cosplay in a region where people live spread across multiple small cities and towns in a big area, with not that big of a population to begin with. Which by itself I feel is pretty unique. Cont.
>>
>>9466453
Cont. >>9466962
They also got their location for extremely cheap, to enter the first Banzaicon you almost had to pay only a symbolic fee. So they could start with cheap tickets. Finding somewhere like that again may be extremely difficult.
The community was also much more united. Banzaicon started at the end of the weeaboo wave, where the community was much more united in their interests than today, so it was easier to make a program that everyone were interested in. Back then, everyone was into weeabooism, while today they are spread accross multiple different fandoms with very little in common, so reaching everyone is much more difficult.
And now there is more competition. Desucon has many events every year, Kawaiicon is in the city next to Banzaicon, and there are micro sized conventions everywhere.

Starting a new convention like Banzaicon today may be impossible, Banzaicon was started in a really unique situation where everything happened to go together to make the perfect opportunity to start a great con, which may no longer exist.
>>
File: 1493723467951.png (26KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1493723467951.png
26KB, 500x254px
>>9466891
>The Jazz Singer is not a story about how stupid black people are
Mockery of a race isn't lighthearted in any way. That's racism no matter how you bend and turn it. The last time i checked, cosplay wasn't about mockery of anyone. You can't seriously compare these two, and you know better than this. Please stop acting dumb on purpose.
>>
Ah, what is a day without our favorite topic of conversation.
>>
Apparently im guiding three~four people through närcon in july now....How do i not fuck up talking to people irl?
>>
>>9467960
If you don't say anything, you can't fuck up.
>>
>>9466594
That was UppCon 2009
>>
File: man.jpg (20KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
20KB, 450x335px
>>9467960
You shouldn't have to worry about it desu, it's not as scary as it sounds. You'll have a lot conversation topics to choose from anyways, so you won't get stuck with the "Nice weather" convo.
Every time I've guided a group at a con we end up splitting up after a while anyways, so you won't have to deal with it for too long. Ask another friend to help you out if it get's too much.
>>
>>9467974
that is LEWD
>>
>>9467966
http://2011.narcon.se/?page_id=197 He also visited NC11.
>>
>>9467960
Be cute. That's it, as long as you don't fart next to them everything you do/say will be endearing and they'll like you.
>>
Still low motivation. Never really made any friends in the cosplay community so not motivated for any conventions.
Have been wanting to do cosplay videos lately but of course will never happen
>>
>>9476706
Same... I can't be bothered (and kinda can't afford) to go all the way to Linköping for next to no fun.
>>
>>9467978
>>9467965
>>9470564
I can still never get to terms that this is the once place where it´s assumed you´re female. Thanks anyway anons
>>
>>9476713
I'm not even from Sweden but I know a lot of people who will be going to Närcon. Not well enough to be close friends with them though, even though I like them a lot
>>
Anybody at Kodachicon right now?

How is it?
Organization?
Events?
Dealer room?
Cosplayers?
>>
(Norway)
Kazokucon surprised me in a good way. Nice building, very good main scene room, good cafe with much to choose from, and wasn't as boring as I feared. It has most of what's needed for a good con, if they only improve a bit in every way it could quickly be on track to becoming one of the best in Norway.
>>
>>9492671
I liked it. A bit small, but very chill and a few really fun activities. The cosplay shows was really good I think.
>>
>>9500615
Last year the place was dead after like, eight in the evening, did they have a fuller schedule this year?
>>
File: IMG_6521.png (485KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6521.png
485KB, 640x1136px
Hm.
>>
>>9505349
overthrow the områdesansvarigskap och seize the memes of production.
>>
>>9505349
Translation?
>>
>>9515903
Have you wondered how NärCon is organized? Have you been thinking about being responsible for something next year?
:)

This year we welcome you to the roleplay OA for a day where you can try how it is to be responsible for something at NärCon and create a "mini-NärCon" together with other visitors.

Tag someone you think can fit being OA!

More information and [something] can be found in the app: http://download.narcon.se
>>
File: nc.jpg (239KB, 497x525px) Image search: [Google]
nc.jpg
239KB, 497x525px
Also this
>>
..what?
>>
>>9523312
What is Närcons direction these days anyway? I guess Loke was one thing b/c it aligned with RPG culture or something but uh.
>>
File: yikes.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
well look who's coming to Närcon. The four infamous snowflakes
>>
>>9349671
vad hetrdu? Mötas på närcon för fotto no homo
>>
>>9356075
cry some moar country bumpkin
>>
>>9524269
They seem to be pushing the whole festival thing and/or are trying to appeal to normies
>>
Is there any drinking at närcon? I've heard that the bar at the hotel gets crowded
>>
>>9534235
For one, there's more than one hotel, and for two, nc has a strict no drinking policy, so no drinking on the area unless you wanna risk getting kicked out
>>
Not that long until Närcon now. If you wanted to make a cosplay it's too late now.
>>
I am seriously so ashamed when I say I'm going to Närcon, so I think I'll just sell my ticket at this point (or trash it).
Is there any hope for ANY other conventions/cosplay events that's not infected by the retards Samuel & Co?
>>
>>9534148
I think literally anything that brings people, they just care about being the biggest.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.