[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Con Survival Kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Image_2_grande.png (870KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
Image_2_grande.png
870KB, 600x570px
Inspired by acomment on aonther thread: What would you say are the necessary items to have on your person while travelling to, and inside the actual con.

As I mostly cosplay Batman, having a utility belt with functional pouches allows me to fill them with the basics: wallet, cellphone, glasses case (I'm blind as a bat and wear them when I need to look something from afar) keys, pocket change, Thread and needles, a bottle of superglue, and even a water bottle on the back

As for travelling supplies, I live in big city and there's enough cons all the year round, so I've never travelled somewhere else just to go to one.
>>
>>9345981
Depends on the specific costume.
Some standards are:
Deodorant
Phone charger with block and external battery
Menstrual products and pain reliever
Contact case, rewetting drops, and fluid if you're wearing lenses
Setting powder
Blotting paper
Eyelash glue (if you're wearing them) and someplace to put them if you need to take them off
Lipstick to touch up if you're wearing it
Adhesive (pros-aide, spirit gum, sock glue, etc) if you've stuck something to your body
Other makeup products for touch ups and the tools to apply them
Mini sewing kit and spare buttons
Super glue
Any medications you may need to take
Water
Cash
Comfortable shoes if your costume ones are restrictive or uncomfortable
A sports bra or some other kind of back-up bra if you're crossplaying and need to take off your binder
Stain remover pen
>>
This can all fit into one big tote:

Wig cap
Wig net/bag when you take your wig off
Fluid and a container for contact lenses
Makeup remover (either in a bottle or as wipes)
Makeup
Painkillers
Snacks
Dress tape
Duct tape
Hocky tape
Sewing kit including buttons, swatches of fabric, snap buttons, safety pins, bobby pins, thread in different colours, fishing line, needles, scissors, white acrylic paint, makeup sponges, brushes fr paint and makeup, q-tips
Hairspray
Tiny mirror
Napkins
Bandaids
Change of clothes
comfy shoes

Extra:
Folder for artists' alley
Tote for shit you buy
Powerbank/charger
Water
Allergy pills
PMS products
>>
I'd add:

Scissors (amazing how often I used to forget those)
A spool of each thread I used on the costume (not just the 12 that come with the sewing kit)
Wig Tape (because it will stick anything to your skin, including bits of costume that want to slip)
Five minute epoxy (in case the superglue doesn't have the right surfaces to grip to)
Permanent Marker
Granola bars

Optional depending on costume:
Paint pens (black and white)
A small amount of wire and some pliers

And I always have a pocket knife with me, con or no con.
>>
Not mentioned yet. Clear nail polish in case a hole in your or someone else's panty starts running to stop it. Life saver.
>>
File: Sk-3.jpg (60KB, 582x350px) Image search: [Google]
Sk-3.jpg
60KB, 582x350px
I always keep the sewing kits from hotels and have them with my con gear. They're obviously not well stocked but since they're free you don't have to worry about loosing them.
I recently got given a whole bunch from a deceased estate and I'm guessing they came from upmarket hotels since the quality is good.
>>
FOR THE HOTEL ROOM
>Cosplay repair: Scissors, needles, a few spools of thread, safety pins, hot glue gun, fabric glue, Tide pen.
>Medical: Tylenol, Ibuprofin, Midol, daily meds
>Food: Granola bars for emergencies
>Costumes
>Makeup
>A power strip so I never ever have to fight anyone for outlets

WHILE COSPLAYING
>Phone, wallet
>Extra bobby pins, a few safety pins.
>If I'm planning to go more than two hours without going back to the room, then also blotting papers, concealer, finishing powder, and lipstick for touch-ups.

WHILE PHOTOGRAPHING
>Phone, wallet
>Bobby pins, safety pins, blotting papers, hand mirror.
>Camera etc.
>>
I bring a first aid kit that I allow me whole room access to and that contains:
>Band aids, alcohol wipes, Neosporin, gauze, medical tape
>Q-tips and cotton pads/balls
>Ibupfron, dayquil pills, emergen-c, dremamine, tums, lactaid pills, allergy pills (which I personally need)
>Pads/panty liners, tampons
>Baby Wipes
>Tweezers and nail clippers
>Eye drops and contact solution
>Chaffing creme, sun screen, aloe vera
I'll also have my supply/tool bag which will have:
>Bobby pins and hair ties
>Hot glue gun and extra hot glue sticks
>Safety Pins
>Hair spray and eyelash glue
>Lint roller
When I walk around the con, I will carry a bottle of water, something like a granola or a banana or something. I have two extra mobile chargers if my phone starts dying, my 3DS is on for street passes, I carry my ID, debit, and cash and leave my emergency funds in my hotel in a safe place, my contact case and extra eye drops, extra bobby pins and hair ties, chapstick, hand sanitizer, small hand lotion bottle, phone of course, compact mirror, and whatever lipgloss/stick I'm using. It all fits in a small backpack which is harder to get stolen because it's strapped to me and I can feel hands trying to open zippers or whatever.
Our room will pitch in for a case of water
>>
>>9349627
In addition to all of that, I bring extra charging cords in case one gets lost or someone needs it. And of course survival essentials include make-up palettes, deodorant, lotion(people really do overlook ashy elbows), finishing powder and spray, and normal clothes for when you don't feel like cosplaying. I have an entire packing list I go over, but I think these are things I think could fuck you up if you don't have them.
>>
I'm never going to a con without my own towel and my own bedding ever again
>>
>phone
>credit card
>medication
>gun
>rope
>duct tape
>chloroform
>shovel
>spare socks
>deodorant
I think that about covers it
>>
>>9349632
>gun
I hope you mean hot glue
>>
>>9349634
Somethings getting hot glued alright
>>
>>9349632
You forgot a rag. You can't use chloroform properly without a rag.

Or is that what the spare socks are for?
>>
>>9349635
If it doesn't get hot glued, is it really worth it?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.