[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identifying and Deciding Materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: MSF headpiece reference.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MSF headpiece reference.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
need to know what the material would be best for making a good fitting balaclava for a MSF Cosplay, would it be possible to breathe in something like this? Could i make this from scratch without having to "fix" a nylon balaclava that probably would look like shit?

also general material discussion thread

what is /cgl/'s favorite material to work with?
>>
>>9344255
>possible to breathe in something like this
the vinyl looking stuff? it would not be fun. not fun at all. you'd probably want a panel made out of a breathable material where your nose is
>>
Whatever type of synthetic they make sports and performance clothing out of. The rigidity seems to come from how it's sewn together, and maybe some pieces underneath it to give those hard edges.
>>
>>9344342
any idea where i could get something like that? i could probably buy some cheap jogging shirts. Also would i have to sew it in two layers in order to get that proper full look? im fairly new to working with anything other than metal or fiberglass
>>
>>9344432
you can buy it by the yard or cut up old shirts or whatever. it's probably just one layer. while it mentions foam i don't think you'd want it because it'd act as an insulator and heat you up.
>>
>>9344479
any idea what to search for or where a good place would be to find low cost shirts? tried putting one of my older jogging shirts over my face to see what it's like to breathe through and to be fair i'd rather spend money on some brand new yet cheap stuf.
>>
>>9344775
clearance/outlet stores maybe. I went to a nike store and they had shirts for $15ish because they were on sale but they were in the usual bright runner colors. guess you could always dye them though.
>>
Judging by the appearance and it's intended usage it looks like stretch nylon covering a very thin sheet of foam. The rivet holes on the sides cover the ears and allow you to hear while the plastic cheek pieces have holes in them to allow you to breath. It looks like 5 pieces but you really should get a reference picture of the back.

If you can, get a 3D model of the enemy and look at the texture file for it. Should be an easy pattern to start with and adjust as necessary.
>>
File: Shinguji_Fullbody_(00).png (1MB, 718x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Shinguji_Fullbody_(00).png
1MB, 718x2048px
I was thinking a 65% polyester/35% cotton blend for both the pants and the shirt/jacket thing, but I want to know what /cgl/ thinks.

His name is Korekiyo Shinguji and he's from Danganronpa V3.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.