[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

J-fashion/Lolita books and photobooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: bs-9780714840833.jpg (62KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
bs-9780714840833.jpg
62KB, 300x413px
Discuss street snap books, artbooks, novels, whatever as long as it's related to j-fash.

I know there are tons of such books on Amazon, but have you ever found any good ones other than Fruits and Gothic & Lolita? A lot of them look hit and miss, so share any good finds you've had!
>>
Contributing with something that's been on my to-buy list for years. I remember seeing old photos of my comm and this book was at one of the meets. The girl who had it has long left the country so I've never seen it in person, but I've always been curious since Amoretti seemed to be known back in the day for pretty decent Lolita art, at least by Western standards (even recreating real prints like the cover of the book).
>>
Bump, also relevant, Fruits magazine is dead.
>>
File: 20160606111356-3b13c36f-me.jpg (96KB, 388x594px) Image search: [Google]
20160606111356-3b13c36f-me.jpg
96KB, 388x594px
I have this book, it's basically a styling guide from 2005, with different pieces and cuts, really cool.
It's called ロリータ 衣装道楽 if you want to search amazon JP, or lolita fashion fancier.
>>
>>9343163
It's not dead. It just won't be publicised monthly.
>>
>>9343163
Fruits isn't that good anyway
>>
>>9345955
This. I bought an issue and there was only 3 decent outfits.
>>
File: 689809345567.jpg (29KB, 332x499px) Image search: [Google]
689809345567.jpg
29KB, 332x499px
>>9345893
I have this one too, and apparently there's also a second volume that focuses on loliable sleepwear. I've seen it floating on Y!J before, still considering getting it.
>>
I really enjoyed the egg magazines, until the last issue they were all so funny and entertaining, containing lots of good outfit ideas and makeup/hair tutorials, also the streetsnaps were pretty cool.

Also the old koakuma agehas were great, but the new ones after their 'break' suck. They're super boring.

I'm kinda interested in popteen since yukipoyo (former egg model) appears in them, right? I love how she keeps the kogal style alive. But I don't know of the magazines also contain makeup and hair tutorials from her?
>>
RIP FRUiTS

http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2017/02/04/japanese-street-style-magazine-fruits-to-shutter-after-20-years-citing-lack-of-cool-kids/

What a shame.
>>
>>9346509
NOOOOOOO
>>
>>9346509
>In an interview with Fashionsnap, founder, editor and chief photographer Shoichi Aoki said that the main reason his monthly magazine was shuttering after 20 years and 233 issues was that “there were no more fashionable kids to photograph.” Aoki says that over the years he had noticed the trend of declining cool kids that met his magazine’s standards, and that the trend particularly intensified last year.
lmao millenials are truly the worst.
>>
>>9348675
>>
>>9341361
I have the Gothic and Lolita book, the one like Fruits and it isn't worth it imo. Too little Lolita too much what in the world are the wearing.

Misako's book is quite cute and Kyary has one too.
>>
>>9346509
For thr last time. They don't stop, they just don't publice monthly anymore. You see that if you translate the linked article.
>>
>>9348675
>no more fashionable kids
Way to blame everyone but yourself and not getting with the times. Physical magazines are just not as popular anymore. There's no shortage of street fashion, which plenty of places have shown. He's also always played favorites with the few styles he likes and purposefully has ignored the rise of lolita.
>>
>>9348741
If you have Misako's book, could you please post a picture of the history of lolita and soft lolita, for translation?
>>
>>9348675
>millenials are the worst
yeah, that or the economy in Japan has been slowly slipping into oblivion and street fashion thrives on kids having disposable income.
>>
>>9348779
seconded !!
>>
>>9348741
I'm a Lolita and honestly I love the Fruits book. It's nothing like what I'd wear most of the time but it's really, really fun.
I will agree that Gothic and Lolita is better if EGL is your main interest.
>>
>>9348752
Besides, aren't "fashionable kids" moving more towards social media, like snap chat and instagram and trying to create their own fashion persona/brand, than having to rely on people with a camera out on foot in the streets looking for the next big fashion trend?
>>
>>9341368
I own it since years and I love it. Though it's only in french and japanese. And it's written in such a poetic way i wouldnt do it justice by translating in english for the anglo gulls
>>
>>9348744
Inconsistency is death. It's not like they've outlined a schedule of every 3 months or every 6 months or anything like that. They've essentially given up any sort of relevancy they might've been holding onto at this point.
>>
>>9350232
>They've essentially given up any sort of relevancy they might've been holding onto at this point.

No they didn't, they're sale new merch, looking into hosting events and at other possible projects for FRUITS. The magazine is probably going to become another medium (I hope at yearly books), but FRUITS isn't dead.
>>
>>9350252
Alright, I stand corrected regarding the expansion of other projects. I appreciate the information.

When someone shows that much contempt for what used to be their primary subjects, I can't say I have much faith in their future content though.
>>
>>9349730
Yes I so agree. Fruits was fun and I still love them but some of the Gothic outfits for me were a bit too out there.
>>
>>9348781
This. I think there are other factors . Someone did some translation on the decline of Harajuku, and iirc, people got tired of tourists taking over their usual hangouts, and so with this and with people getting older, they've moved to private hangouts like cafes. Places like Harajuku bridge were places to go to when they didn't have as much disposable income.

I'd also like to point out that that FRUiTs downfall partly came from Aoki's unwillingness to seek out the people who moved underground. Sure, some of yesteryear's Harajuku kids moved into adulthood, and Larme-kei is a thing, but Aoki have always been stubborn/picky about what he wants to photograph, and he tends to take pics of the same people. He even found Lolita too boring.
>>
I'm looking to buy some lolita/Jfash (mainly lolita though) books.
I would like to expand my collection of GLBs as well as get some other reading/pretty material.
Where is the best place to buy glbs?
Also, can I get some other reccomendations of books to buy?
>>
>>9351533
I get mine from Yahoo!Japan. They're quite cheap, especially if you prefer the older volumes, but fees can pile up quickly so keep that in mind.
>>
>>9348779
>>9348782
Nope, I won't. Buy your own book. If you can't afford a specialty paperback book, you might be in the wrong fashion.
>>
Does anyone know if Kera is safe from shutting down now that fruits is gone?
>>
>>9351673
Sorry? I was the one who posted they had Misako's book.

>>9348779
I'll have a look at it when I can anon! I've just been busy with uni!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.