[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamescom 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: banner.jpg (299KB, 3448x1878px) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
299KB, 3448x1878px
Any seagulls heading to Gamescom 2017 in August?

What will you cosplay?
What are you looking forward to the most?
Anyone looking to turn the whole event and the days before/after into a sweet vacation?

FIRE AWAY.
>>
Since I probably won't go to usa this summer I'll finally be able to attend gamescom again! Not sure what I will bring yet, all depends on what kind of transport is available to me at that moment.
>>
File: 038_thumb.jpg (22KB, 504x223px) Image search: [Google]
038_thumb.jpg
22KB, 504x223px
>>9338048
I was thinking of making the new WHM outfit of FFXIv. Hope to finish it before Gamescom, but I don't know. I need to learn new skills to make it. Looking forward to the Square Enix stand as usual!
>>
>>9338048
I'd love to go, meet up with friend(s) and hopefully have my FFXIV Black Mage done by then. I planned to finish it by October, but August might be manageable too. All depends on funds and those friends going, though. It would be my first time at the convention and my knowledge of the city isn't good enough to get there by myself...

>>9339316
Would love to see this and all the other SE shit, god.
>>
>>9339371
WHM-anon here. Which days will you be there? Would love to take a photo with you as BLM-WHM ! Oh, and which outfit and race are you going to do? I am aiming for Au ra.. but if time doesn't allow it, I'll go as Miqo'te.
>>
I have tickets for GC, I won last year at the Cos-contest but it's still pretty costly for me.

Not quite sure if I'll be attending.
>>
>>9339763
they actually created a cosplay contest now? I was aware some individual game studios/stands did a couple cosplay shows but that's about it. Generally gamescom isnt that much associated with cosplay, but then again I haven't been there in 3-4y.
>>
>>9339764
it was semi-official I guess.
They have implemented a Cosplay-area with photo areas, repair stands and a stage.

The contest was fun enough and it was a great way to meet a lot of cool people.
>>
>>9339840
repair stand is nice. I was there 3-4y ago in a hecarim cosplay and a drunk asshole (with a staff/security vest!) tried to sit on it like the asshole he was and I had to walk around with a broken horseback all gamescom. Staff was watching too.
>>
>>9339524
No plans yet, so I can't say which days, but probably the weekend (Fri-Sat) instead of the weekdays.
I'll be doing the off-colour lvl 50 gear, I like the colour scheme a bit better than on the regular one. I play as a Roegadyn but I'm a shamefully tiny lardball so I'm not really going as a distinct race. I'd do Lala but I'm not cute enough for that.
>>
File: sorcerers outfit.jpg (40KB, 640x873px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerers outfit.jpg
40KB, 640x873px
>>9340882
Forgot picture like an idiot.
>>
>>9340882
Same days as I am planning.. although I would love to be able to attend the FFXIV party this year. the outfit looks great. Hope you're able to finish it in time!
>>
>>9339896
that fucking suck.
I was held up several times in my Fallout Cosplay because staff wanted to check if it was made of metal.

How the fuck am I going to walk around GC with a power armor made of real metal...

And the new weapon rules are so dumb, they'll force you to leave everything even remotely weapon-like at the reception.
>>
Probably a Venom Snake, like last year. Also because of my current build Midas from Ghost Recon Wildlands. By next GC maybe the next military Ubi game
>>
>>9340960
Good luck to you too anon, and if I go I hope to run into you!
>>
Why even bother with Gamescom already? It's in seven months
>>
>>9345553
Because the hype can't start early enough. Most cosplayers are already deciding what to make and I even checked what hotel I want to sleep in this year.
>>
>>9345666
Which hotel will you be staying at, anon? :D

Also, regarding the weapon/prop rules... they haven't decided how they'll do this year, so we'll just have to wait and see what their security decides about it.
Would suggest starting on weapon-looking props last though in case it interfers with your "schedule" for making the costume though. (So you don't spend 4 weeks making a prop you will have to leave at home when you could have made the things in the next "step" instead, you know what I mean?)

Also curious, anyone else from Sweden or the Nordics in general here that are going??
>>
>>9345754
Probably the one 0,3km from the venue.. If I am able to book in time that is.
Thanks for the heads-up btw. I am making the outfit first as a prop finishes an outfit but can be left as well. I am from the Netherlands. Going by car is really convenient
>>
>>9345754
Oh, nevermind. SO says driving home is much cheaper so we should just travel back and forth for 2, maybe 3 days.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.