[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultrasabers or Saberforge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2014-05-03_00006.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-03_00006.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
Ultrasabers or Saberforge?
>>
I have one from each. The saberforge lighting is brighter, and has a better feeling to hold/handle and cosplay with. The Ultrasabers are more durable (that being said, a light on the saberforge was faulty and was blinking in and out, causing it to change from purple to red, which in itself was cool, the company was great with getting it fixed for free and returned quickly)
>>
>>9330007
I owned an UltraSabers, it was super nice and durable. Really bright as well, the sound went out on mine and never bothered to ever fix it or anything like that.
>>
File: c1b01c54accd4942a7894c8c4e04b52b.jpg (337KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
c1b01c54accd4942a7894c8c4e04b52b.jpg
337KB, 1152x1536px
I got 2 ultrasabers for my Darth Revan cosplay (see pic, me this week end) and I gotta say, I love them. The hilts arent as pretty and detailed as saberforge, but the quality, durability and brightness are GREAT. I'm using 2 36'' ultraedge mid grade blades. Feel free to to hate on the cosplay, as this pose aint very flattering for the chest piece.
>>
>>9330020
Which color? I'm getting a double bladed consular green next summer and I dont know if im going ultra edge or normal blade.
>>
As a bit of a balance, I recently received one of their Fulcrum model sabers and was a bit upset because the "bunny ears" on the side were attached in a crooked manner.
>>
Depends. Saberforge tends to have better quality as far as weight and durability-- Ultrasabers have a habit of their battery disintegrating and I heard their soundboards break easier.

However, Ultrasabers is also cheaper and is more reliable with shipping their items out in a timely manner. I just drove down and bought my sabers (I say that, but only one's mine. I've bought three from them) from Saberforge directly, so I was able to have them in hand within a couple hours. Otherwise, I probably would have gone with Ultrasabers and will try them out for my next one.
>>
>>9330105
Fair warning, though. If you wanted one of the spiked sabers from Saberforge, they changed the shape of the spikes and I think they're not as cool.
>>
>>9330105
I never thought of driving there directly. Maybe I'll give it a shot. How long between ordering it in store and going home with it?
>>
>>9330096
Nice Dark Lord Revan! Sabers look great. I do The Revanchist version myself. :)

>>9330007
I have an Ultrasaber's Arbiter. It does its job well. I like the Obsidian sound fonts, but the battery life is a huge issue for Cons. Seems to die within the first hour of walking around. If you end up getting one, be absolutely sure to get the charge port put in. Charging is a trial
without it.

My next saber will be a Saberforge however because I like the designs more.
>>
>>9330165
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Your saber is looking great. Is that the Arbiter model?
>>
>>9330114
I went down there with friends and I think it was about three hours to get two new sabers and another two fixed. To get my saber, they were actually out of stock on my hilt so it was a week or so, so if it's a trek for you, it's probably worth it to call ahead.
>>
Which company makes the better dueling Saber?
>>
>>9330559
I think you will need to do some research to answer that. I really like my ultrasabers and they are still top notch after a lot of dueling (my GF aint soft on them either). But I only held briefly some saberforge sabers and didnt do any serious dueling, so i'd rather not start a saberforge/ultrasabers flame war.
>>
While I like my ultrasaber, their customer service has made me advocate against them to anyone who asks:

>Friend orders saber for cosplay.
>Saber comes and there is an issue with the light - it is much dimmer than everyone else's in the group.
>Contact Ultrasabers for an exchange. Customer service rep cops an attitude but allows for the exchange.
>New saber arrives. The light is right now, but there is a VERY obvious dent in the filament, inside of the plastic.
>Friend doesn't want to deal with them anymore and just uses the saber as-is.

>Different friend got her saber for the same group and loved it. Her social media site gets decent foot traffic and she would always recommend Ultrasabers when asked.
>A year after buying, she receives a threatening email from Ultrasabers, accusing her of using their trademarked name to "fish" for page hits, and threatening legal action if she does not stop her malpractice.
>Replies that she does not appreciate the threats since she was a satisfied customer reviewing their product, and links directly to the review page since there's no possible way they actually read it.
>Ultrasabers ignores it and sends her several more of the identical email over the next few months.
>>
>>9330641
Sad to hear that. It went really well for me every time I had to deal with their customer service.
The emails are really shitty on their part.
>>
So what's the difference between Saberforge's Apprentice and Elite hilts? Anything besides design? Also what is the "Add Vibration," option for 25 dollars? Does it make it rumble?
>>
>>9330641
I've also had bad luck with their customer service. Battery compartment broke so sent in saber to get it repaired. When it came back, the sound didn't work at all. Let them know and they wanted me to pay for the cost of fixing the sound. Umm, no, because it worked fine before I sent it to you assholes.

Couldn't believe I had to fight them on that. Either they're getting a ton of business or not enough to not care about their customers like that.
>>
>>9330676
The emails were a real head scratcher. The only thing we could think of was that they emailed everyone near the top of an "ultrasabers" google search, without actually reading what people had written.

>>9336256
>Either they're getting a ton of business or not enough to not care about their customers like that.
My impression is that they're doing pretty well, so it's probably the former.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.