[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Santa 2016: Grinching "By Accident" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 41

File: SaltDelivery.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SaltDelivery.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Grinch Stats are coming right up! Though guessing from the last thread, it won't be pretty.
>>
>see OP and suddenly reminded of almost Grinching my giftees last year because someone decapitated my mail box and nearly got my mail sent back to China
>>
I think I sent my gifts to the wrong recipients.
>>
To continue where the last thread left off:
>>9328392
Received their gifts!

Santa's Helper is willing to lead White Day but needs help! Send them an email if you want to pitch in and help by assigning matches!
>>
>>9328411
Why don't you post your giftees initials here and ask if they received gifts that fit their wishlists?
>>
>tfw you sent your gift and it was supposed to arrive on tuesday but your giftee hasn't posted
>tfw you are an idiot and lost the receipt with the tracking number
>>
>>9328420
Coming from someone who's paranoid about chargebacks/Paypal claims and sells stuff regularly, this is what I do every single time:

>save copies of my receipt emails (if printing own postage)
>take pictures of my postal receipts (if buying postage at mail office)
>take pictures of the packages with USPS label (both if shipping myself or at post office)
>email tracking labels to customers (or event coordinators)
>>
>>9328392
your address could have been mixed up with someone else's, pls note the IDs so Elf can crossreference
>>
>>9328449
I do this where I work and it's become a habit now. I take pics of labels if that's my only option but also I have shipping confirmations emailed to me + the recipient.
In an added precaution I take photos of the labels I receive so lying fuck vendors can't claim they shipped a lot of heavy shit when the tracking says the box was .5 lbs. This has happened several times. "You signed off on it!" yeah fucker but you short shipped me 2 grand worth of parts.
>>
>>9328454
Ah, shoot, I should have noticed something was up and not opened the package so hastily. I emailed neon elf with all my IDs, if someone else is missing a gift because of this, I'd be happy to send them one myself.
>>
This is SA from FL, my final gift is at the post office waiting for me to come get it so I'll have it in my hands and posted here very soon! Just wanted to reassure my Santa that it is not lost / im not deciding not to post it here. My mail man is just lazy about coming to my door to ask for my signature so he just gives slips all the time, and my work hours suck for getting to the post office. I'm very excited to get it!!!
>>
YL from Canada, and KB from the USA. I posted your gifts before Christmas.
I've posted other gifts on the same date to other gulls, and they've received theirs weeks ago.

Have you received them?
-LT from VIC
(Vegemite anon)
>>
TD from VA, did you receive your gift?
>>
AH from QLD, have you received your gift? I checked tracking and it said it had been delivered successfully 2 weeks ago.
>>
Does anybody else have LM? I'm LM. I signed up for 3 gifts but only got 2... even if I was grinched, I still had a lot of fun!
>>
SG from Israel here.
I'm still waiting on one gift, if you send it to me please send me the tracking number to [email protected] because my post office has been acting up lately and not sending me package notices.
>>
ASH of CT

Did you received your package? Tracking said that it arrived but I did have a slight issue with your address when I had mailed out
>>
Got the feeling post has swallowed the package I sent out a week, seen nothing here and I've been reported as a grinch. I'm pissed off or when it eventually arrives it'll be bashed up.

JR did you get a package yet?
>>
>>9329431
I don't freaking get all this bullshit with post swallowing packages etc. You either have shipping proof or not (welp, in last case you're dumb as you should've shipped it traceable way). You get marked as a grinch only if you were asked for shipping proof by SH and provided nothing in response.
>>
>>9328855
And I got it! ID 815. The hair comb will go perfectly with my wardrobe and it is a great size, I like subdued accessories!
And the candy is so cute I almost don't want to eat it! Thank you!!!
>>
>>9329865
SH: Santa's Helper
>>
>>9329792
My friend got me the exact candy from Japan while she was visiting there, the candy is pretty fun to eat
>>
>>9329477
(Shrugs) well I sent it over a week ago so if it's got lost, I'm going to be angry but I'll take the blame and organise a replacement gift if my giftee wants to send me a link to something.
>>
File: IMG_9020.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_9020.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Hey A from TX, just letting you know I got your gift! It was raining pretty hard today so I had to get the gifts out of the box and unwrapped so they didn't get ruined. Thanks so much for everything! And sorry for referring to you by your full name before!

Gift ID: 1015
>>
>>9330199
You outed someone and still recieved things? What an ass.
Well at least you apologized.
>>
>>9330403
I thought it was a nickname they used because they didn't provide a last name in the match email. I didn't mean to out them.
>>
>Santa's Helper is willing to lead White Day but needs help! Send them an email if you want to pitch in and help by assigning matches!

White Day started January 25th last year, so tomorrow if we're shooing for the same date. Not hating on Santa's Helper because I know original Santa flaked, but Santa's Helper seems real busy still. Can someone else spearhead White Day or is that rude?
>>
File: SS GIFT.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SS GIFT.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9329431
Hey anon, are you asking for JR from UK? I got your package on Wednesday, I'm so sorry I haven't posted yet I've been rushed off my feet since I went back to work.
Thank you very much! I loved the little madoka drawing and the weird bodyline headpiece. It was fun to open so thank you and happy new year!

Also I didn't mark you as a grinch on my grinch check form, so I'm not sure what happened there (presuming you're the right person), I can always shoot the elf an email if you let me know.
>>
File: ss card.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ss card.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9330730
Also NS from Canada thank you for the lovely card and stickers, it really brightened up my day and it was so nice to receive a card from someone with similar interests!
>>
File: Giftees gift.png (1B, 486x500px)
Giftees gift.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9330736
Lastly SG from UK you never posted your gift but I know you received it and that's kind of disheartening, I hope you liked everything I had real fun putting it together for you and decorating your box (pic related).

ML from OH
MB from Aus
SH from UK
I hope you received your cards! Thanks for a fun SS this year Neon Elf.
>>
>>9330403
I'm also a bit annoyed my Santa posted my name. Noone else has the same initials and my location is also distinctive so why would they bother? Sigh.
>>
>>9330742
>that mare pun

10/10
>>
File: otX8rqQ8.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
otX8rqQ8.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Are cards mutually matched? That is to say, are the people you're assigned to also assigned to you?

>MFW radio silence from senders and sendees.
>>
>>9330812
Idk but I've got giftees from USA and UK and still received a card from France today (which I haven't picked up yet)
>>
>>9330812
They shouldn't be I don't think.
>>
>>9330746
Honestly I think that should could against people for future events.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
JW I finally got your gift! My college held it for two weeks without telling me despite having me go in daily asking if I had any mail. They only now gave it to me via threatening to send it back if I didn't pick it up. I didn't see a gift id but I'll check again. Thank you!
>>
>>9330834
Did you mean it should be banned for future events or they should be banned for doing so in this event?
>>
>>9330933
Bleh, sorry, I mean it should count against people from this event for future events, maybe not a flat out ban unless they keep doing it, but at least a mark in whatever file they're keeping track of grinching in. It may have no been explicitly stated but I feel like people should have a basic understanding of respecting privacy on the internet, also glancing over the thread you can se how everyone else didn't use a full name so it wasn't like they didn't know any other way to address them.
>>
To whomever sent this awesome letter, husbando drawing, stickers, and cookie recipe along, thanks!! I'm excited to make the cookies, and to try and prevent my bf from putting the stickers on everything, but I'll probably lose that battle. I do very much appreciate it and the Archer pic is quite enjoyable
>>
>>9331121
Oops dropped pic
>>
>>9330959
Makes sense, hopefully fewer to no people do it in future events.
>>
I'm a forgetful idiot and forgot to check last thread, but MSC from MX, have you recieved your gift from me yet? I saw you recieved the gift with the white itabag- that one wasn't from me, so i'm assuming mine is still on it's way?

Just let me know if anything else has arrived for you!
>>
Thank you for waiting patiently. Here are the statistics.

All in all, there were about 16/207 Grinched Gifts, so about 7%. Not bad.

I had about 64% of people respond to the Grinch Check.
But about 90% of the data available through the past threads.

Only 3 for sure grinched anons. The rest of the 13 who are super duper late, it remains to be seen but I did have confirmation that the gifts are on the way.

For the next event, I have two helpers so the event will be better ran and much more timely.

Thank you all for participating this year!
>>
>>9331122
Yay. Glad you liked it. Sorry for the lack of card. I only managed to get 2 for my 4 cardees.

Those cookies are best cookies ever. Make them and eat the whole batch.
>>
>>9330742
This is so cute anon, I hope they loved it.
>>
>>9330581

White Day signups

http://pastebin.com/1tgWigUr

if somebody else can start a thread for this new event, go for it.
>>
>>9331379
Are you planning on informing those of us who signed up for grinch check as to which category our santas fall into? Sorry if you've already done this, it's just I signed up and haven't heard anything yet. So I'm wondering if I was one of the 3 who was truly grinched since I posted my initials in an earlier thread and didn't get a response from my missing Santa.
>>
Santa helper, has anyone offered to help with white day yet? Otherwise I can.
>>
>>9331479
Same here! I have a gift in limbo? (Never received, never heard from my santa)
>>
>>9331379
thank you for the stats and for your hard work!

are any of those late anons for IH of CT?

>>9331483
they have 2 helpers atm
>>
CL from ON here.

Santa, if you're out there, just curious if you sent out the package yet?
>>
I got a card today not addressed to me but my address for sure. Funny part is that the first name of the intended person is the same as my sisters.

It was from a KP for a JG. Not sure what to do with this besides a heads up.
>>
how many people signed up to gift the grinched? are we aiming for the 3 grinchef anons?
>>
repost from last thread
There are about five international cards that I haven't sent out yet due to a variety of reasons like the lateness of the match ups and having to order some stuff. I'm hoping to mail them next week. I've only recieved one so assuming a lot of international cards are delayed so it is probably understandable but just hoping to give other International cards some reassurance.
>>
>>9328861
KB from USA here. Yes, I got it and I love it! Thank you so much! Apologies for not posting, I've been busy with school starting back.
Have you recieved yours from me?
>>
Anais from TX and SM from Russia, have you guys received your cards yet? I've sent them on the 9th and haven't heard anything from you guys.
>>
>>9332098
Not a lot as far as Helper has posted, sadly. If you want to adopt a grinched person definitely let them know.
>>
>>9331316
Not yet, anon! When did you send it?
>>
>WHITE DAY TOPIC
>>9332035
>>
>>9332562
i signed up to give to the grinched, and i also got grinched

i may make myself something nice and post it to the thread, if nothing else happens
>>
>>9332585
I sent it literally just before Christmas, so probably around the 20th of Dec? I'm sure it's just taking it's time, but I really wanted it to get there before the end of Jan ;A;
>>
>>9332605
I got also got grinched and signed up to give to the grinch. Maybe we can make something nice for each other?
>>
I also signed up to give to a grinched anon but I guess I can participate in the White Day event as well.
>>
>>9332778
i would be down for this, once the Helper clarifies what is what
>>
>>9332192
SM here, are you the French anon? If yes, I've received your card, but haven't had an opportunity to pick it up yet because my PO's operating hours are actually my working hours, so I'm waiting for Saturday.
Also, anons whose initials are following:

BD from UK
LT from AU
ML from US

Your cards are going to be extremely late because they were sent out late and ordinary. I felt this was coming, so I prepared them not really in a Christmas mood. Hope they'll still cheer you up popping up on some random day.
>>
>>9331707
I did! I forgot to post but it should be there late this week or early next week! The super late, small gift I was planning to send separately actually arrived the DAY I shipped your package so I was able to ship it with it! If you want the tracking number I can give it to you/SH.
>>
XYZ from Canada here, I'm still waiting on my last gift.
Santa did you send it yet? :( if so do you have tracking?
>>
File: 1.png (1B, 486x500px)
1.png
1B, 486x500px
I have good news!!
Uncle T, it seems to be that your present was delivered to you! Did you like it? I'm really hoping you do, Imma still send you more stuff later. Please post a picture later if you can.
JW, your package is in IL now very near you! Hopefully you get it soon!
YL, for some reason the tracking of your package isn't showing in CAN, but I'm sure it is on its way. Please wait a little bit more!
>>
>>9333299
I'd love to get the tracking number if possible. My e-mail is in the name field. Thank you again Santa, can't wait to get it! <3
>>
>>9333306
I think we might have had the same Santa, if it was that person who signed up for like 5 giftees. I think I remember seeing your initials on a post they made, along with mine, though I could be wrong. I haven't received anything from them either, despite them claiming to have sent it out 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>9333809
>>9333306
I'm in the same boat with you guys, haven't received anything either. I thought shipping might just be taking long because of my country's postal service but this has got me worried. It's the only gift I signed up for so I'm a little sad. Santa did say here >>9331379 that they confirmed that the gifts were on their way though? So here's hoping.
>>
Got this lovely card and mini art prints the other day. Got such a laugh out of the cat. Your card was wonderful loved the illustrations. Thanks so much.

I'm sitting at 3/5 gifts 1/4 cards.
>>
>>9333825
>>9333809
yep we're the same santa, it was the 5 initials.
should i ask SH for tracking? i'm getting a little worried.
>>
>>9333927
I'm glad you liked it anon. I ended up going back and getting a cat one for myself as well, glad I could spread some new year happiness!
>>
>>9331967
are you in canada?
>>
SG from UK here... again.
I genuinely expect my santas to mark me as a grinch by this point. I know I received the gifts I'd been waiting for but there was significant water damage to a lot of them- two notebooks had pretty much melted into a fused mass, the hair accessories I'd ordered were rusting, and one eyeshadow arrived completely broken. I've been trying to get replacements and my internet is spotty at the moment.
So yeah. You'll be getting yourthings. I know I keep making excuses but there's no way I can send people this stuff. And yes, you'll absolutely get tracking.
>>
That feel when you haven't received or even heard anything from your direct Santa match you sent burando to. *sighs*
>>
>>9334134
I'd ask for tracking- I'm planning on doing the same. It's been long enough.
>>
>>9334747
Sorry it's causing you so much stress, and that things keep going wrong. As long as there's updates once in a while I'm fine with things taking as long as they take, if you'd like you can also contact me at [email protected] and don't worry I didn't mark you as a grinch.
SG from Israel
>>
>>9334173
I am in Canada if it helps? I also didn't sign up for any cards so I was surprised by one showing up.
>>
>>9334937
KP here. Santa sent me an updated address for JG but I got mixed up and used the old one. JG if you are reading this, I'll send a card to your actual address ASAP!
>>
LT from VIC here,
I'm still in SA until late Feb, so my gift is just sitting at my parent's place.

#9131, the box is massive! I'm so excited to get home and open it!
>>
>>9336501
>$64.70 postage
I just choked on my drink.
>>
Was at a con this weekend, so I'm just now seeing that there were 3 grinched anons. Pretty sure I'm also one of the 3. My initials haven't been mentioned anywhere by anyone since receiving my other gifts (I did receive 2/3), so I'm p confident it's not just a case of a late present.

I feel like I was grinched because I'm harder to shop for? One of my matches had a lot of trouble getting me gifts because I'm not into lolita or generic cute stuff, and I'm too tall to fit into generic sized clothing from overseas. Should I have expected this, and should I just refrain from participating in the future?
>>
>>9337240
are you like a male cosplayer or LARPer or something? Maybe you can just say "if you can't find anything for me I would be fine with a card/some sweets and a gift card to [whatever place you shop at that's /cgl/ relevant]
>>
>>9337240
>Should I have expected this, and should I just refrain from participating in the future?
i was grinched despite having a detailed list that my other 3 santas were able to shop for. so it probably is not that.
>>
>>9337250
I am a male cosplayer, but I actually didn't mention it explicitly, because I dress androgynously and have kinda feminine interests like fashion and makeup, so I figured if I didn't mention it, I wouldn't get treated weirdly. I listed all my sizes in both men's and women's numbers, so sizing stuff shouldn't have been an issue, either. I also listed a lot of fandom stuff I liked too, in case fashion stuff or cosplay specific items were too difficult.

At least it's sounding like it wasn't because of anything I may or may not have put down, at least. So that feels a bit better. I think I'll still enter the white day exchange despite the grinching, and hope for the best again.
>>
>>9337380
If it makes you feel better, the White Day event has more security measures.
>>
>>9334134
>>9334902
What is the email address again? I also feel like I've waited for long enough now.
>>
File: IMAG1518.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMAG1518.jpg
1B, 486x500px
ID: 6015
Oh gosh Santa this was so awesome! The Kiki socks make me so happy and I can't wait to wear them. The t-shirt is so cute, and the sailor Jupiter cross-stitch is super impressive and I may just take it to work to leave on my desk.

This was amazing and I hope you have a great 2017
>>
>>9337569
omg where did those socks come from?
>>
File: 1442206754209.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1442206754209.gif
1B, 486x500px
Gha!!! Ok finally got my cards out!

ASH from CT
BD from the UK
and EC from FL
I got all your cards sent out today. I moved cross country right after the new year and im also the worst. Please look for your cards in the next week!
Cheers! ME from FL (now from WA)
>>
>>9337569
I'm glad you liked it!!! I'm sorry it took so long ):

>>9337591
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Striped-cartoon-fairy-tale-Animation-Totoro-sox-Autumn-Summer-South-Korean-women-s-Fashion/32704489825.html
>>
>>9337713
No worries, it gave me something to look forward to after the holidays. I was so anxious all weekend to get the package and open it. Thank you again :D

I might have to buy the rest of those socks for friends, they're all so damn cute!
>>
>>9330730
OH THANK GOD. Im happy you liked everrything anon! There was a mix up, a girl was complaining previous thread and just kinda assumed it was about me.
>>
>>9333457
Hey JW it seems to be that your package was delivered on the 28th... did you like it? was everything alright?
>>
Yeah I think there's a lot more than 3 grinches because I definitely haven't received my third gift and haven't seen any mention of my initials or anything for months. I also only received 1 card.

But then again people I sent gifts to haven't even responded or posted their gifts so, I guess some people are just flakey. It's unfortunate.
>>
>>9338247
Have you checked the archives to make sure? They may have only posted your numbers.
>>
XYZ of Canada, NS of Canada, LD of Australia, and MSC of Mexico, have any of you received the cards I sent you? They're all decorated with glitter and red ribbon, written in blue pen, and sealed with glittery fish stickers. I sent them out on the 12th.

And on that note, is anybody sending any cards out for ZM?
>>
>>9338247
I'm thinking the same thing, I got 1/2 gifts and 0/2 cards.
>>
>>9338592
They haven't added cards to that, just gifts.
It's likely the Grinches signed up for a bunch of gifts.

Either that or you're like me and your Santa went "lol your gift will get to you eventually" after weeks of struggling to get updates from them. I'll be forever stuck on the 'Late' list.
>>
>>9338247
I agree on this because Santa's Helper contacted me asking if I did receive my only gift (which I had not) after actually posting statistics. They didn't update me either. Feels kinda sad now when everyone moved onto White Day tbqh
>>
>>9338247
I agree, because is it 3 people grinched? or is it just 3 gifts?

Theres no way it could be just 3 gifts because so many people haven't received 1. And if theres that many late gifts wouldn't it be nice if someone said something?
>>
>>9337388
[email protected]. It's worth contacting them, though at this point I'm pretty certain I was grinched, along with the other 4 giftees my Santa got.
>>
>>9338728
> Feels kinda sad now when everyone moved onto White Day tbqh
same

>>9338825
oops i emailed neon elf. I just sent one to the email you posted though.
Hopefully they're just really late but at this point I lost hope...
i'm so surprised though because she was so communicative and she seemed very genuine when she posted my gift :(

>>9338514
I got mine, thank you! I'm sorry I didn't post it. I loved that you made it yourself, it's so personal and the little black dress was delightfully dainty arghghh it was so cute.
I left it back at home though (i'm living at a new apartment for university) so I can't take a picture of it, but I really loved it! <3
- xyz
>>
>>9338514
NS here, I've been out of town for 2 weeks and will be able to check my mailbox tomorrow! Very excited now that you mention glittery fish stickers!
>>
MO, your gift is sent and should arrive tomorrow. I just sent the helper the tracking info. I was out of town a lot this year for personal reasons and work . Again, I'm so so sorry for the delay.

If you want to leave your email, I can send you the tracking as well.
>>
>>9338863
I'm really glad you liked it!!!!!
>>9339112
>Glittery fish stickers
I put extra on yours!
>>
File: oOx_mXguXYs.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
oOx_mXguXYs.jpg
1B, 486x500px
sorry for lateposting! #7323
dear Santa, u're AWESOME! I've got a beautiful wig, gorgeous black veil and AP cross necklace to match my Holy Lantern and damn, this is way better than I even could imagine. Thank you nine thousand times!
>>
Hey JC from NY, it's HNC. Are you still around in these threads?

I have a couple cute things to send you as a thank you for your awesome gift, but I'm actually going to Florida for a week to visit one of my good friends and since she lives near Orlando we're going to go to at least Harry Potter world, but maybe a day at Disney. Do you like any of those fandoms and maybe I can pick you up an extra something that's cute? Shoot me an email!
>>
>>9338514
LD here. I love it!! Thank you for taking time out of your day to post them to us. Hope you had a lovely christmas break!
>>
File: cards.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
cards.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9339211
>>9338514
I got it and it's absolutely wonderful! The fish stickers are so cute, and the kawaii octopus made me so incredibly happy and I have it on display on my dresser now! Your message inside was great too, I have to admit the people here were all laughing a bit when they showed people from your city on the news getting stuck in the snow and ice and freaking out lol.
JM, I also got your letter! I do remember you, and your blurb about birds was super cute to read and me smile! Your stationary is so pretty, and your handwriting is so dainty!
Thanks again to the both of you, and hope you had a great holiday season and a good year ahead!
>>
>>9341767
I'm glad it made you happy!! It's going to snow again this weekend apparently. At least now I have washer fluid for my car.

Too bad I'll never get it out of the driveway if we get more than a couple cm :^)
>>
>>9340728
Oh yay you got it! Excellent! It didn't go to Austria like I feared, nice.

Hope your break was good too!!!
>>
>>9341767
I am so jelly of your kawaii octopus.
>>
>>9338728
I'm annoyed that Santa's Helper decided to lead white day when multiple anons were offering to lead it instead (I was one of them, just posted to make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes first). I get that original Santa flaked and she had to pick up the slack, but she really did't have to pick up extra responsibility when her jobs not done here yet. It was kinda dumb to post a half assed "under construction" form just to beat an anon who said they were going to post the next day, she said the form would be 'done' on Jan 28th, and she still hasn't updated it. She also hasn't posted recently, either here or in the White Day thread.
>>
>>9339750
I like Mulan, Winnie the Pooh, and Tangled but not really into HP. Sorry for the late reply, thank you so much for thinking of me! ;; I replied to you in the previous thread but thought you were busy so I stopped checking on the threads so apologies for the late reply! Thanks again but please don't feel like you have to send me anything! Enjoy your vacation! <3
>>
File: N__Y_K6h0aM.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
N__Y_K6h0aM.jpg
1B, 486x500px
We hadn't had any snow neither on Christmas or New Year's eve.

And then, two eternities later...

>finally get an opportunity to visit my local PO today
>it's almost closing time so I have to run
>forest.jpg
>5.56 PM
>burst into the mail office
>"we don't have ur letter go check with the parcels"
>derp
>5.58 PM
>burst into the parcels' office
>"we don't have anything from France but here's something from the US"
>derp x2
>6.00 PM
>an envelope received
>phew
>go outiside and start slowly walking home
>it got dark while I was dashing around
>it starts to snow
>no one in plain sight, so decide to open the card right there
>...

So here I am, standing alone in the middle of a road, tearing a beautiful silence with a cry of genuine childish joy while fine and sparkling snow slowly descends, covering everything around me in diamond white.
Just like in a fairytale.

Now, CB, you've brought me a real Christmas miracle. It doesn't matter when I received your card; what really matters is the magic you were able to create with a single letter. (pun unintended)
Your art made me laugh - funny thing I, on the contrary, wished my giftees to stay salty. The jewelry set is perfect for simple winter goth coords, and stickers are definately going to be used in the nearest future. And the cards... The cards are simply awesome - exactly the ones I didn't have and wanted badly for my collection (and proud Gideons march to my EDH deck!).

Thank you so, so much, dear CB. This precious moment will stay in my heart forever. You deserve all the dreamdresses in the world.
>>
>>9342652
yeah ditto, I sent them a general query and no response. That was about five days ago. I think people who were grinched or the gifts are late need to be notified.
>>
ugh, I was keeping my spirits up all season, and only now are they starting to dampen; I gave a $100+ gift to ERD, was grinched myself, santa's helper hasn't released the initials of the "3" grinched anons, no one's going to help out those of us who were grinched, and now white day is unravelling at the seams. I'm starting to regret ever getting involved.
>>
>>9345448
>I gave a $100+ gift to ERD
show of hands, who gave ERD a gift and was also grinched? i wonder if those of us who did so can organize our own exchange, but if some were grinched by other than ERD i would not know of a way to verify.
>>
MO from AZ, did my gift reach you? Tracking said it did last week.
>>
>>9345457
Let's use our initials to make ourselves easier to identify.

I'm >>9345448, and I'm SM from CA
>>
>>9345448
That really bites anon! Here I was upset I never got 3 of my 4 cards.

I'm disappointed as well with SH's disappearance. Maybe the white day helpers have access to the SS data?
>>
It seems really irresponsible to give so much power to just one person, there should be at least a few people who have access to all this info and data

I withdrew my white day application because of all these problems. What a shame.
>>
>>9345457
I sent her a $15 gift, and was grinched.

In the end i got 3/5 gifts and 1/4 cards.

I'm MB from Aus
>>
I'm sad because one person sending me a card said they had sent it but it never arrived. And the card I sent hasn't been posted. I feel like the international post system has just swallowed everything up ;-;

But at least I didn't get grinched...
>>
>>9345642
initials, anon? I'm still waiting on confirmation for one of my cardees.

>>9345605
Thread OP here, for both exchanges (Not SH). If people really are unhappy, I'm willing to try organizing a group of gift exchange... organizers. I can manage a skype group and a blacklist spreadsheet, and answer emails.

I'm not particularly talented or anything, but I'm here every day. I hate seeing this gift swap fall apart without closure. I didn't get most of my gifts, either.
>>
>>9345480
>Maybe the white day helpers have access to the SS data?

I haven't received any data, templates, lists, etc at all. As far as I know neither has the other helper. We're just as in the dark as you and I haven't heard from Santa's Helper since the 1st when they said they'd give me some of the Secret Santa database to clean up for White Day 'tomorrow'.
>>
without data it is hard to say if anyone got grinched. I could lie and say I was by ERD and how would you know any better?

Looking at the stats not everyone responded to the survey so even that data is incomplete but it exists. I can't say there is much else to do besides ask for it. Trusting ppl is how grinching happened.
>>
>>9345800
You just pick up the right organiser, redirect them mail regarding ERD and proof of shipping to her.
>>
I wasn't grinched by ERD, but I was supposedly grinched by JM from Ontario, CA. My gift was in 40-50 tier. If it was for lower tier, maybe I wouldn't be so bitter about it. This was my only gift this year and I can't do gift exchange again because I helped with grinched anons already.
>>
>>9345817
>grinched anons
*without a Santa slffx
>>
>>9345478
>Let's use our initials to make ourselves easier to identify.

i am IH of CT and sent ERD a 40-50$ gift. unlike my other giftees, i did not go over for her bc she had been silent and i was anxious. i do not know if we were mutuals or if she is emerging as a scapegoat due to unique initials, high number of Santas, and thread silence.

i received 3/4 of gifts, but the gifters did not include what tier they were for or how close to budget they were. i do not think any went under $20 so it is possible that my final gift was in the 10-20$ bracket.

>>9345765
RIP in pieces Santa's Helper. ;_;7

>>9345800
yeah we have no way to know who was assigned to us and anyone can make up having been grinched. bah

>>9345817
>I helped with grinched anons already.
how so? i signed up to help but did not receive info on how to do so
>>
Anyone here who received a gift from ERD and would be willing to email some confirmation? I'm going to run a black day exchange (small, just low tiers and cards) and I know it would be hard to try and figure out everyone who was grinched but we can at least ban ERD.
>>
>>9345869
>>9345817 -> >>9345818
There were some people whose santas dropped off and contacted SH about that while event was still active.
>>
>>9345871
I'd suggest to add JM to the list, at least if she doesn't show up in the nearest future. I know she was my direct giftee (confirmed), and I heard almost nothing from her since earlier threads. She didn't post my gift either.
>>
File: grinch.png (1B, 486x500px)
grinch.png
1B, 486x500px
Did anyone receive their gift from this person?
LS of NL, EM of UK, VK of Ru, JS of CA, JD of GA

I never got the present and I messaged helper for tracking but I never got anything back.
It feels like helper just disappeared. :/
>>
>>9345972
>It feels like helper just disappeared.

Unfortunately they did, the White Day helper is saying they haven't heard from them since the 1st in the WD thread.
>>
>>9345972
Yeah, I'm LS of NL and I never received anything, neither a package nor tracking. This person is a grinch.
>>
Uncle T, JW, YL did you like your presents? ;;
>>
>>9345972
I'm JS, and there was some confusion with my name/address getting mixed with someone else. I got both gifts I signed up for, but she could have had the wrong initials.
>>
>>9346109
Drunk Eros here, currently on mobile. That's actually incorrect due to accidentally being left off the 'reply all' function and only noticing today when viewing the other helper's email log. SantaHelper sent out an email on the 3rd saying they were ill and swamped with work. I may be missing more emails as far as I know.

Regardless I sent them another email with a request to please contact those anons worried about being grinched and saying that should be the priority at the moment since White Day hasn't gotten off the ground at all.

I'm hoping they'll be able to at least reply to emails soon. Sorry to everyone that's understandably bitter right now but I think things just got away with Helper irl.
>>
>>9345972
JD here, she grinched me too. I asked Seagull Santa for tracking and never got any.
>>
>>9346249
>That's actually incorrect
Just going off what you posted dude.

I feel like people are to scared to sound 'mean' or 'rude' to Santa's Helper because she volunteered her time, but you shouldn't volunteer for stuff you can't take on, especially when it involves people's money! I don't think she did this on purpose or anything, but to be blunt, it seems obvious to me that she should have never taken on white day, not with how SS went. It's all voluntary, no one forced white day on her.
>>
File: 1482950191565.png (1B, 486x500px)
1482950191565.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9346339
Oh sorry, not trying to imply that you were incorrect. I was saying that I was incorrect because they did try to contact me, they just hit 'reply' instead of 'reply all' so I didn't receive the update.
>>
>>9345634
Did you receive a card from me anon? I'm JR from UK.
>>
>>9345661
I'm KS. And sent a card to Denmark which hasn't been posted, I hope it got there alright.
>>
>>9346376
Yeah, yours was the one with the hand painted flowers on it? I loved it.
>>
There's an anon in the indie crafts general posting about late secret santa gifts because of life and shipping issues and if I'm following her shop correctly I think she is YL from Canada. Her stuff looks really nice though so hopefully you anons get them soon.
>>
>>9348054
Stop this already, would you? It won't change anything at this time. Except maybe for causing bonus irritation to grinched anons.
>>
>>9348077
It continues to piss me off that the anon who grinched me kept pretending like she was going to send the gift and making all these excuses right up until the deadline. The least these grinches can do is be honest and not get our hopes up.
>>
>>9348284
Initials?
>>
File: _20170208_173513.jpg (319KB, 1240x697px) Image search: [Google]
_20170208_173513.jpg
319KB, 1240x697px
KB from TX,
I received your gift! I posted your gift before Christmas, and I hope you've received it safely.

You have really spoiled me, and I feel worried that you won't enjoy my gift as much as I enjoyed yours.

Gift ID
>>
Long time no talk.
Sorry for being absent. No excuses.
What I have coming up:

List of Whitelisted Anons
List of Blacklisted Anons
Grinched Assignments
Grinched anons will be informed if Santa was a grinch and their initials.
>>
>>9332098
Not many, just 11 people. But because I am taking so long to get their assignments. It is on me that they may not want to participate any more.

The sad thing is that the 3 confirmed grinches signed up for more than one gifts.

In response, I am limiting the number of gifts people can sign up for, implementing stricter guidelines and rules, will be pairing whitelisted anons together when possible and more.

You can check out this faq to get an idea of what will be in store for next secret santa.
http://pastebin.com/t9ZXuPen
>>
>>9338825
SeagulSanta2017 email will yield you no response.

I, [email protected], am going through the backlog of emails and will get to you.
>>
>>9342652
I am sorry about that. I got too excited and did not pay attention to my limitations.

I don't consider myself a leader anymore, more like an administrator to email things out. If you are still interested in helping out for white day, email me.
>>
>>9345448
email me who you are and I will personally prepare a gift for you.
>>
>>9346339
No you are in the right to call out my faults.

That's why like I said, I'm stepping down from heading the White Day event and will focus all my effort and time into tidying up Secret Santa first. As soon as I can transfer the White Day and get through their assignments.
>>
>>9348606
glad you are ok! thanks for returning and tidying up the end of the event.
>>
File: SS CGL 2017 Gift 2.png (1MB, 643x1142px) Image search: [Google]
SS CGL 2017 Gift 2.png
1MB, 643x1142px
>>9345459
I received your gift! sorry it's taken me so long to post, I've been super busy with school and work.
But I was so happy when i saw the pins and the Sakura figure, they were really unexpected! and the pusheen stickers are super cute, i already started putting some of them on my laptop and the fur scarf is so soft and pretty. thank you so much for everything!!
>>
>>9346467
Yeah that was mine, you had me worried for second there. Glad you liked it!
>>
File: 20170209_144313.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_144313.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>9348054
Yeah, that's me. I was so gung ho for this and made a lot of things, but a lot of the items that I ordered hadn't come in and I just kept waiting and waiting and putting off shipping for so long. I was out of town and had some of my gifts picked up. I asked a friend to lay out the ones I recieved and take a photo for me, but they mixed the contents of two presents together so I was too embarassed to post about them, not really able to give a loving review like my last one. So many things happened in my life January that days felt like minutes and the urgency to send out my gifts even as is was just not there anymore. I'm all kinds of troubled, on top of finding out that my place of employment was bankrupt/in recuevership and closing. No severance, no idea when my last day will be, yet still getting a minimal amount of hours. Today was my payday and I finally sent them off. I don't expect to come off the grinch blacklist, but I hope you enjoy your gifts because they're all things that can be worn/used all year round. I took the cards out of them because they were written when I was all excited in November/December and nothing was in my way. Glancing them over it was just depressing and would probably have looked like a slap in the face to you gulls.

XYZ from ON
LSB from NL
EM from UK
VK from RU
JS from CA
JD from GA
>>
>>9348624
Wow, thank you! :0 Emailing you rn
>>
>>9348980
so glad it arrived okay! enjoy the items <3
>>
>>9343567
Aw, I'm so happy you love it, anon!
>>
>>9350263
You know what, I think people like you deserve blacklisting anyways, or at least some serious restrictions in future SSs. It's nice that you released helpers off buying all those presents in the end, but still I wouldn't want to be your giftee, receiving gifts in April five months later and maybe only because of grinch check is no fun.
>>
>>9350948
I'm really curious if this person did get blacklisted. I agree that they should, SH seems way too lenient, based on my own experience and the experience of other people in this thread.

I wish this could just be a fun thing, but people have to be asses. If people at least email in a timely manner letting SH know they can't do it, then that's fine, not great but still totally reasonable. At this point I wonder how people actually deal with adult responsibility in their real life that they can't do that. I don't want to excluded poor anons but if you're living paycheck to paycheck and your job closing will wreck you, don't sign up for 6 gifts. Just sign up for 1 or 2 low tier gifts and put your extra thought and energy into making things special for those 1 or 2 people. Is that standard really too high? Even with cash to spare 6 gifts sounds exhausting and overwhelming.
>>
>>9350948
As I said, I don't expect to come off the list and I made my peace with that.

>>9351077
I got overexcited about the whole thing. I really should've picked one or two.
>>
>>9348980
Those pins are so cute! You got lucky with your santa!
>>
>>9352026
>Junji Ito pins
>Cute
I like you anon
>>
>>9352062
I want to know where they're from if I'm perfectly honest
>>
>>9352068
i got them from an etsy shop called the tamerlane.
>>
>>9350263
Why not just keep them at this point?
>>
>>9352332
honor, closure, freeing charity funds from volunteer santas

always better to follow through, even late. if the giftees think otherwise they can regift or mail the stuff back.
>>
>>9350263
I hope you went above and beyond for their gifts.
>>
>>9352917
I definitely tried. It would've been better if the things I had ordered in had arrived, but I think with what I had left to work with had still exceeded the value that was set. The heftier international packages have clothes in styles and brands that they mentioned liking. I tried my best to adhere to whatever they sought in their wishlists. They all had such similar tastes to me, it was a joy to shop and create for them. That's all I wanted from this event.
>>
>>9352326
Thank you anon, this pins are perfect for my horror habitué girl gang
>>
>>9352347
>freeing charity funds from volunteer santas
I think you're past that point. I'm guessing those gulls already got their grinch-follow-up gifts and the volunteer santas can't get that money back. I appreciate you at least following through in the end but man just thinking about the time it took to research a single anon's interests and look up good deals and write a thoughtful card and pack it up all cutely...I don't think signing up for 6 gifts should even be an option. SH do you know out of all the people who signed up for a ton a gifts how many actually pulled through? I mean if they did props to them, but I don't think normal gulls have that kind of time. Personally it only seems doable to me if I legit had stacks of cash to blow and could just add everything in their wishlist to my cart without much thought.
>>
>>9354235
> I'm guessing those gulls already got their grinch-follow-up gifts
Are you all right mate? We still haven't even got list of all grinched anons. I personally didn't get anything - no gift, no tracking, no grinch confirmation, nothing. And I'm certainly not the only one here
>>
>>9354235
>I think you're past that point
no, i am still waiting. i signed up as a volunteer for the grinched and was also grinched. it has been a month since the Jan 15th deadline, so i hope things move forward within a week or two.

as for a limit on gifts, that is def necessary for non-whitelisted anons. we are still building a continuous "event" so hopefully future exchanges will have the data from this and WD. i have done 4 or 5 gifts each year and did 2 for last year's WD and the number of people to shop for was never a problem. budgeting was. it is possible for someone to have more than 5 and personalize them all; but maybe until we have a steady record of good gifters, capping at 4 might help folks like >>9350263 refrain from over-committing.
>>
>>9354235
yeah nah, grinched anons haven't got anything yet.
>>
>>9354303
I like that the WD event has done that. Restricting new anons to $20 worth.
>>
>>9354291
>>9354303

Sorry, I assumed because Santa's Helper put out the form for sending gifts to grinched santa's so long ago that she was going to actually do something with it instead of running off to ruin white day and ignoring the mess here.

>>9348626
>I'm stepping down from heading the White Day event

When is this happening? In the white day thread it says the helpers are doing all the matching so it sounds like they can just take over now and you can answer some questions from grinched anons here.
>>
>>9348626
So is this anon blacklisted? >>9350263
>>
>>9356851
No idea, Neon Elf never posts in this thread anymore, only in the white day one, maybe you should ask there?
>>
>>9356815
its a bit of a cluster fuck
>>
>>9357005
I think that's a bit of an understatement seeing as she's happy to post about white day stuff and flat out ignore people even posting in the white day thread about SS stuff.
>>
Has anyone received their gift from >>9350263 yet? I'd assume domestic post at least wouldn't take too long. I'm curious what she actually ended up sending out.
>>
>>9358137
There's a tracking number on the receipt and I looked it up and it says the thing was delivered 2 days ago.
>>
>>9358133
Can someone be black listed for running a shitty event?
>>
>>9358176
I am sorry you guys feel that way. Please let me know how this event is badly run and I will try my best to correct it.

Whitelists are done, Black list is done too. I just need to email the people who were grinched.

>>9356815
We are having some logistics issues. Once their matches go out, I'll sort out the Anti grinch stuff.
>>
JS from CA reporting in on gift 9747. The box was beautiful and I'm so excited about all of the handmade accessories. The lipgloss looks super yummy too. Thanks so much!
>>
File: IMG_5409.jpg (350KB, 1098x1676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5409.jpg
350KB, 1098x1676px
>>9358256
Aaaand forgot my pic
>>
>>9358256
>>9358258
I guess that looks alright. Do you know what price bracket you were in? Anything other than 10-15 and I would be disappointed.
>>
>>9358436
I didn't pick a bracket higher than $15, so I'm assuming that's what it is.
>>
>>9358436
>multiple handmade items
>the rest seem like non-taobao items

this looks more than $15 worth desu

>>9358214
>Please let me know how this event is badly run and I will try my best to correct it.
the grinch situation should have been resolved before beginning another gift exchange. it feels really weird to be waiting on info, and part of my decision not to participate in WD was because it is not clear how SS is going to end or who i will end up gifting (as a volunteer)
>>
File: huh.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>>9358465
>random assortment of crappy aliexpress nailart shit
I doubt she wanted that
>>
>>9358258
I think I recognize that packaging. Is the back of your portrait sparkly?
>>
>>9358477
it's so awesome she has you to speak her mind for her. and the way you devalue a gift worth more than $15 by pointing out it also contains some cheap items really makes me rethink all the other gifts in these threads that had cheap little extras just carelessly tossed in. maybe we should blacklist more people than SH planned.
>>
>>9358477
I do nail art, and ask for gems and charms, so yeah, I'm glad she actually got me stuff I asked for.
>>
Still think she needs to be blacklisted.
>>
>>9358524
complaining about it in-thread is the exact right thing to do. she already said herself that she knows she is blacklisted, but it's important to keep harping on it until you receive personal notice from SH on the subject.
>>
>>9358527
I don't even know if you're being sarcastic at this point or just don't recognize how important the grinch confirmation is.
>>
>>9358465
This is true. It should have been resolved months ago but I burned out and didn't ask for help or communicated to you guys.
>>
>>9358803
Just give us black- and grinchlists already, along with assignments for grinches.
>>
>>9345817
Hey there, this is JM. I did send your stuff out mid Dec, so if you didn't get it by now I suspect it's lost to the void (Which sucks for both of us). Stupid me didn't think about tracking as I was more worried about sending it out on time, so I'm willing to give you a new gift if you are ok with it as it's my bad. As for why I didn't post my stuff...well this cluster fuck is why. I didn't want to post pics when everyone was feeling bitter.

Since you have my full name, can you message me on fb? If not I hope SH passes on my email to you, I do want you to feel good about participating and I rather make it up you then have someone else do it because it got lost.
>>
>>9358803
>I burned out
Then why did you pick up white day responsibilities? You said you would step down but you've been more active in that thread than here since you said that.

>>9358176
I'm not against it but we don't have any info except her email, so no one can enforce it.
>>
>>9358803
do you have a time frame for when we might move forward with closing up this event? (by coordinating volunteers to grinched, or else at the very least emailing those who were definitely grinched some kind of acknowledgement that they were so closure can happen, or something)

>>9358947
>give us black- and grinchlists already,
we don't need those lists, that's doxxing. the info about blacklisted anons is for the benefit of organizers, and info about who was grinched only needs to be communicated to the anon themselves and the volunteer they are matched with.

>>9358956
> I didn't want to post pics when everyone was feeling bitter.
yeah, it got hostile when SH dropped out. but do not let that keep you from posting, these threads go through rollercoasters of emotion, like the whole thing with Uncle T. when the people who dun goofed were already called out and subsequently apologized and accepted fault, there is no need to keep rubbing the salt into the communal wound.
>>
>>9359010
>yeah, it got hostile when SH dropped out. but do not let that keep you from posting
Yes, please, I enjoy the cgl secret santa every year and I'd like to keep it going. It's, understandably, salty here, but let's keep that salt directed where it's deserved (SH and greedy grinches). Late anon messed up but clearly wants to make it up.
>>
File: 1485806434112.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1485806434112.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>9359019
This holy shit. Late anon is getting too much salt directed at her. I know everyone's mad and all but take it down a notch, will you? She did the right thing, all things considered.
>>
>>9359165
I think people have a right to be pissed, especially when she's been trying to pull the sympathy card in being so late.
>>
>>9359000
with the amount of time that they had to put thing together, White Day matches would have gone out much later.
I just help out with the emails.

>>9359010
>moving forward
Tonight for sure.

>don't need lists
I'm getting mixed messages on what you all collectively want. But here is what I've settled on and promised a long time ago.

>Anti Grinch assignments will be out tonight
>Anons will be individually emailed their status as whitelist or black list. If you do not receive an email, that mean you didn't make it on to either list.
>Late anons will be asked if they received their gifts. Because I have no way of knowing if they did.
>Grinch's assignments will be informed that their Santa was a grinches.

Is there anything else I am missing?
>>
>>9359172
no, she has been expressing contrition. short of traveling back in time, what could she do in this situation to atone besides what she has done already?

i wanna see presents, gulls. post presents. sage if you are not posting presents or an update concerning presents.
>>
>>9359184
that looks perfect to me.
>>
>>9359172
The one late gift posted so far looks thoughtful at least. I hope more of them get posted.
>>
>>9359172
It's perfectly understandable to be pissed, but there's a point where it's clearly taking it too far
Just look at >>9358477, the gift wasn't directed to her but she felt the need to post her hot opinions of it, when the receiver liked it.
Sage for OT
>>
>>9359184
I'd appreciate knowing the grinch/black list, initials with state/country can't really hurt people. Most people have given that much info in these threads already.

>>9359010
>that's doxxing
How are vague initials and states/countries really doxxing? It'd give closure to some anons here who want to know whether their late/cheap gifts warranted blacklisting.
>>
>>9359191
same

>>9359208
ok this is funny. anon, you cannot address concerns about a request by setting specific parameters (i.e. asking for initials&location) and then, in the very same post, claim not to understand how the original, un-specific request could have been interpreted without those parameters. like, you obviously understand how the request in >>9358947 could potentially look shady, because you made sure to spell out how it would NOT be doxxing in your response to SH just now.

also, we will all get an email with our personal whitelist or blacklist status, so your rationale is doubly fuzzy. late anons will have closure via email, their giftees will have closure via email; there is no need to make this aspect of moderation public.
>>
>>9358137
>>9358147
the tracking number is for me. it arrived at my parents house, i'll be home tomorrow to open it.
>>
>>9359230
i hope it doesn't suck, gull
>>
>>9359230
Looks like it weighed the most out of the other packages.
>>
>>9359228
My point is that I want to know whether my santa was blacklisted. SH never said they'd be telling giftees their santa's status, so how would their giftees get closure? If that's done via email, then I'd be happy with that. I figured sorting everything by individual email would be more effort for SH than just posting a general grinch list here since the info is vague enough to not be an issue.

I clarified the parameters because you seemed to be freaked out about doxxing when no one asked for full names or addresses, not because I thought it looked shady.
>>
>>9359258
>I want to know whether my santa was blacklisted
We get it. You only posted about it fifty times in the past few days.
>>
>>9359269
My last post before >>9359208 in secret santa threads was almost a full month ago.
>>
>>9359258
What if you received a card list and have a grinch's address from there?
Regardless, closure for the giftees should be getting good gifts. It's pointless to have a grinch list if we can't get our shit together to get gifts going out to victims.
>>
>>9359258
Doing followups on Anti Grinch and Blacklist/Whitelists are a new thing this year and so I've added it to the list of followup tasks for this event and future events.

Please excuse me for my lack of experience, for we created this program from scratch using only guidelines from last year's cgl ss and /a/'s secret santa.

Again, let me refer you to the Faq/Rules for White day event for changes that may apply to next year and that will reduce grinching:
http://pastebin.com/t9ZXuPen

In it we've made adjustments and clarified many things for next year's events. We are testing new things that hopefully will work out
>>
>>9359281
I forgot about cards, you're right. Maybe then an email about your own and your santa's statuses would still keep information private and safe? I'm not sure.

I didn't sign up for a grinch gift, but I see closure as knowing the santas who sent cheap or below-bracket gifts won't get to take advantage of someone's holiday next time. Either way, it's not worth arguing anymore about it since it's almost two months after the fact and not up to me.

>>9359287
Thanks for trying your best, the new followup tasks will be helpful for the future. If you step up for next year, good luck!
>>
>>9359287
God plz I don't want you to do this next SS. Let someone else do it.
>>
>>9359324
I can't agree with this more.
>>
>>9359324
>>9359410
>tfw you think bashing an organiser will make them give you what you want

I get that SH dropped the ball a lot in the aftermath of this SS, but if you think shit talking them will make them release the black/white lists earlier, then you must be a special kind of stupid

If I were SH I'd rather just keep quiet and laugh when I watch you dumbasses cry about how you never got your grinch list, etc

Thanks SH, you weren't the best but I know you're trying, and thanks for not dropping this even after being shit on
>>
>>9359417
agreed.
>>
>>9359417
I just want them to stop taking on new events, other people offered to organize and they should realize what a bad idea it was to juggle two events. Handing them ass pats for nothing only encourages them to take on more events. If she let one of the other seagulls who asked about organizing White Day take it I'd be less salty, but she insisted she do it herself, and she already dropped the ball there.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (441KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
441KB, 1000x901px
Please excuse the bad picture quality but I got in my gift from >>9350263 today. Despite what everyone said I'm still very happy to have had you as my Santa. Lateness is shitty but the gift contents were amazing and they all suit my wardrobe a great deal! The Infanta blouse is very nice since my wardrobe is quite lacking in blouses and the tights are incredibly cute! I especially loved the handmade accessories though, the brooch will be worn with my all black coordinates to make them more visually interesting and the ring can even go with my daily outfits. Thank you for pulling through in the end, you haven't disappointed me.

For further information the Gift ID is 9723 and I was in the $40-50 bracket.
>>
>>9359793
Loving the picture brooch with the skeleton!
>>
>>9359417
Where's the bashing? I think hoping for a different organizer is really reasonable seeing how much of a disaster this is. I'm definitely not joining any new ones until someone else picks this up.
>>
>>9359950
Yeah, I'm salty about Santa's Helper but it started with her picking up White Day. Please let a new organizer step in for future events.
>>
>>9359793
>that cheap candy bar
>>
>>9359793
Is that castle thing the tights? Pic of the full print?
>>
>>9360168
>>
>>9360177
I'm sorry people don't like your mediocre late-as-hell gift
>>
>>9360168
You do realize that it's not available everywhere, right? Plus, it might be cheap for you, but I'd have to pay probably double or triple at a specialty import store for that shit.
>>
>>9360168
>>9360180
Stop shitting up the thread with your salt
>>
>>9360191
>>9360197
Stop whiteknighting yourself
>>
>>9360180
>giftee is thrilled with everything
>salty anon ignores everything great and goes after candy bar
>all this fucking salt for a candy bar
>>
>>9360168
Common international exchanges feature country unique sweets.
>>
>>9360205
Salty anon should go on the blacklist
>>
>>9360215
This desu
Too bad they're anonymous
>>
>>9360205
I'm not even the same anon as candy bar anon. If it bothers you so much then stop replying.
>>
>>9360215
if only

>tfw no anon sent me chocolate, much less chocolate not available in my area
>>
idk why anon is salty about a sweet or why other anons are getting so worked up about the salt
>>
>>9359793
I was too ashamed of the lateness to keep the cards in the gift, but it would have had a mention of the Aero bar! If you haven't eaten it yet, then I'll tell you how we do it over here! We break off a square and leave it between the tongue and the roof of our mouths. (Round side up) You just let it melt and you can feel all the bubbles inside while you taste chocolatey goodness.

>>9360168
I was planning to send out nanaimo bars, but I wasn't able to find a packaged brand that would keep long enough in the mail.
>>
>>9360369
That's p cute
>>
File: omfg.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
omfg.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
ID: 9715

>>9359233
>>9359241

yo fuck guys look at my dress its cute as fuck holy shit

i'm actually so happy because i received a lot of accessories from other SS that i can make a full coord around this dress. anon you totally nailed it, i've been looking for a cathedral print for a while and ughhh GIRL. i love the way this dress sits on me too.
i was like externally screaming when i took it out of the packaging and threw it on me instantly. the material is so fucking nice and light i can't wait to wear it in the summer, but i'm excited as hell already so i'm probably gonna just brave it in -10c weather for a meet soon anyways.
also dang the cross ring and the frame brooch will look so good with this dress i'm so happy

sad that you didnt include a card >>9360369 , wouldve totally loved to hear more from you!
>>
File: 1352747966129.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1352747966129.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>9360641
pic related my face when throwing on this damn dress

cant stress enough you nailed what i wanted
>>
File: its called fashion.jpg (480KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
its called fashion.jpg
480KB, 600x800px
also unrelated but look at this card i got
some quality shit 10/10 pinning to my corkboard
>>
>>9360647
i thought the chair legs were the girls actual legs and i was so confused
>>
File: beret.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
beret.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>9360641
I'm so glad you liked it! I would've mentioned in the card that the little charm I made you was with one of the stickers from the set that you sent me. I wish the beret I ordered for you had come in, it would've been just up your alley. Merry super belated Christmas, and I look forward to stalking your instagram and seeing you in that dress.
>>
>>9337380
can you email me so I can get to the bottom of this?
>>
>>9360796
Are others going to be informed of their grinched/late status tonight?
>>
>>9360796
I've already emailed you, actually. I'm >>9345448

If it's more convenient, we can just communicate in the same email exchange chain.
>>
>>9360641
>tfw didn't get a dress
>>
>>9360853
I'll take that as a no.
>>
So 3/6 of late anon's gifts posted so far and they all seem pretty decent
>>
File: 17-02-19-21-30-34-083_deco.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
17-02-19-21-30-34-083_deco.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>9336501
Uncle T,
I've just moved back from interstate to unwrap.. you went above and beyond!

I love everything.
I've been meaning to buy dragon balls for a very long time, so thank you! Artemis is so cute now I need to buy a matching Luna.

I'm going to use the lovely horse Derpy Chan stickers on my planner, they're great!

I was sincerely happy with your initial key chain (it's still on my diary), but I appreciate the extra thought you've put into this gift.

I hope to see you around!
>>
>>9361778
Still think they should be banned from the next ones.
>>
>>9361817
i am not sure Uncle T is aroubd any more but you might find him on /k/. i wonder if he will add those Derpy stickers to his store for real

>>9362057
we know you do, autism-chan. we know.
>>
>>9328400
>"by accident"
>tfw haven't joined a SS in over 5 years because I put in a preorder for an item in November
>that was supposed to be back in stock in December
>and then went through multiple cycles of being in stock, out of stock, and back in stock
>before I got an e-mail in FEBRUARY that said "oops there's a problem with your card so we never sent your order, hee hee"
>>
Is there any way to clean yourself from the blacklist? I did send my gifts before the 15th and two of three were recieved but they didn't post their reactions on the thread. The last one got retained and I really have no control over that.
I know I might be guilty of sending my stuff quite late but I want to know if I can correct this in any way.
>>
>>9362133
I'd post initials of the retained gift to let them know. And next time read up on custom laws
>>
>>9362057
I would be thrilled to have that anon aa my santa tea bee aytch famalam
>>
File: whitelist.png (13KB, 419x300px) Image search: [Google]
whitelist.png
13KB, 419x300px
should it be "all of your gifts were received (by your giftees)" instead of "you received all your gifts" to be on the whitelist?
is this a typo?
>>
>>9362361
same

>>9362448
did you not receive all 4 of your gifts?
>>
>>9362656
Why would receiving all the gifts other people sent you qualify you for the whitelist?
>>
>>9362659
it wouldn't. they are on separate lines and seem to be communicating two different things.
>>
>>9362448
did anyone else get a whitelist email?
>>
>>9362701
just checked, and there's none to be found.
>>
>>9361778
>all of them include a frame pin with probably stolen art
>>
>>9363487
Not sure why you give a shit if you aren't one of the people receiving the gift. She's an artist who posts her stuff here regularly, and she's talked about her sources for her accessories before. She either has permission from the artists or they're in the public domain.

Seriously, if you aren't receiving these gifts, stop with the salt.
>>
>>9363487
>>9360641 here, the pin included a note sourcing exactly where the art is from and that she has permission to use it.
>>
>>9362701
More to the point, has anyone received any correspondence? I've emailed twice enquiring about my grinched status and haven't heard back. Which sucks cause I might be moving soon.
>>
>>9362133
That's up to who ever is organizing the event in question. I'd like to work on the next secret santa but I do not know if I should participate.

I can write a note next to your name, but I have no control if they would heed it.
>>
>>9362448
Allow me to clarify, I am letting you know if all your gifts have been sent to you based on your previous inquiry.

Please think of the whitelist like a perk for successfully sending out your gifts on time.
>>
>>9362701
I'm working my way down the list. I will get to you eventually. Please be patient.
>>
Let me know if you did not receive a followup email.
>>
>>9363937
I got your email and replied about the grinches. Check it out.
>>
>>9363712
alright, i just wanted to double check that i wasn't missing something
>>
>tfw whitelisted but sent my gift out late so i thought i was blacklisted so i didn't sign up for white day

god dammit
>>
>tfw sent gifts out on time but didn't get whitelisted
>>
File: LFkGuX0h.jpg (47KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
LFkGuX0h.jpg
47KB, 500x505px
>>9358956
Thanks for showing up, but desu I don't really know how to react anymore. On the one hand, it would be terrible for me to ask anything of you if you really sent that out mid December and it got lost. On the other hand you having no shipping proof is very suspicious to say the least and it's Feb 21 so it's been a bit more than 2 months already. The worst thing for me wasn't the gift loss though, but the fact my gift was never posted because I really tried to gratify my giftee and this year was more important for me in terms of giving than receiving. As you can see all this turned into a complete mess, and I don't know how it can be fixed. I called for the grinch check only to make sure no one would get hurt in future events if you really are a grinch, but that's for SH to decide now.
>>
Late anon said something about her gifts not being posted because someone mixed them together. Can you still please post them?
>>
I just thought I'd post this on the off chance that my Santa is still lurking these threads. I finally managed to get my hands on some sticky rice and use the mold you gave me! These pandas are too cute thank you again!!
>>
YL, I received your package today! I was really worried about being grinched, but I'm so glad you sent out my gift, because you really nailed it! Everything's a bit sparkly because the pink glitter popped open in transit and kinda glitter-bombed the other items, haha. The resin cross ring is absolutely gorgeous- I think I might actually be following your shop on Etsy, you do awesome work! The other glitters and stickers are perfect for experimenting with in my resin stuff, and I LOVE the seashell molds. It looks like a couple beads broke off the brooch, but I can easily fix that. Again, thank you so much, this really made my day!
>>
>>9364519
Maybe anon could provide a proof of purchase or something? Her PayPal or bank should have a record of any transaction.
>>
>>9364524
Yeah, I don't know which of the contents belonged to which gift, unfortunately. I had someone else open them both for me, and they were simpletons. I loved everything in them. Especially the nice prints and notebooks.

>>9365017
I'm glad you liked it! You said you wanted supplies, so I sent you some that would go with your style. I took all of the cards from my gifts, but yours would have detailed the colours of Pearl-ex powders currently brushed in the seashell mold. Interference Green, Interference Blue, and Interference Violet. They are definitely nice colours for most opalescent things, and I highly recommend them! Unfortunately I didn't have enough left in the jars to send, I use them so much! If you do follow my shop, feel free to message me any time. I'd like to see your stuff and I'm happy to share sources of supplies and such.
>>
>>9365113
I don't really see how that's going to help them unless those are receipts for really specific items.
>>
File: 1473361419359.jpg (49KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473361419359.jpg
49KB, 630x370px
>>9365012
I hope this was me (bento anon) and those are so cute!
>>
YL, I sent your gift on time but still hasn't moved.
I'm really worried. It's been more than a month.
>>
>>9367001
Where is it?
>>
>>9365156
A lot of anon receipts specify items, though not all of them. Hopefully we can count on anon to be honest, I mean they did ship their gift out on time, we don't have any reason so doubt them.
>>
>>9367386
It's still in my country, it seems.
>>
>>9373159
>>9367386
>>9367001
Third anon here but can't you send YL the tracking info?
>>
What happened to the new thread? Did griched anons get assigned to new gifters?
>>
>>9374076
I got assigned a new santa but honestly no idea whats happening now. No updates for a few weeks.
>>
>>9374849
Did they email you when you got assigned? I haven't seen anything from them yet.
>>
>>9374901
I emailed neon elf because i might be moving in april.
>>
>>9374849
Did you get an email or something saying that you got a new Santa?
>>
>>9375490
I emailed them because might be moving. They emailed back confirming i was grinched and thst they had someone lined up to be my new santa.
>>
Anyone else get the late gifts?
>>
>>9376009
I never got mine or a card. I'm guessing none of the other anons paired with my Santa got theirs either.
>>
>>9376278
Who was your santa?
>>
>>9378646
Someone from Australia. They basically were no-contact until the very end and went "Well you know auspost, you might get it in May lol' and that was the last I heard.
>>
>>9378755
Did Santa's Helper count them as a grinch? They should.
>>
>>9379515
No idea.
>>
Any updates on this? or have the grinched been forgotten?
>>
>>9376009
Nope. No gifts or cards.
>>
>>9379649
2 people posted about being assigned a new match (one gifter one giftee) but everyone else seems to have been shafted. Santa's Helper isn't addressing anyone's concerns in this thread.

I'm okay with the gamble of a secret santa, but I don't like how santa ran the event and I wish they could provide some assurance that grinches from this event wouldn't be allowed into the next event, but based on the most recent posts from shafted gulls I doubt she's keeping track of grinches like she promised.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.