[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: thumb.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Is it just me or does it seem like cons are younger these days? Re: Video from Anime-ZAP! in Peoria, Illinois. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98s_jhc03o&feature=share
>>
>>9327767
you are simply getting older anon.
>>
>>9327767
lol. u r an oldfig.
>>
>Go to bbs first con, 2008, age 13
>Everyone there is college age, feel really out of place
>Decide I can't wait to be older and fit in better
>2016, now college age, go to cons
>Everyone is ~16, feel really out of place
>????
I don't even understand where these kids get the money to go to cons desu. I was a hoarder of a kid who saved up all my money to be able to go to one day of a con, and there are kids with decent cosplays, full weekend badges, staying at hotels and arms full of dealers room/AA shopping bags filling the con halls now.
>>
>>9327893
>2008. age 13. First con.
>Feels out of place
2002, Age 20. First Con.

Still going. Still have a tight-knit group of friends to hang with at any con. Make new friends fairly close to my age no problem at most cons.

The only time I feel out of place is when I go in a dealers room and can't find my precious Utena, Lain, Tenshi Muyo, Digi Charat... what the fuck is all this Vocaloid shit. I thought that was old last year in 2009.

Small cons, college cons, etc those tend to make me feel like an old lady but those are highly attended by high schoolers and parents.
>>
>>9327836
>you are simply getting older anon.

Well... shit.
>>
Oh hey, I went to this con. I agree, though. I swore everyone is getting younger. I saw so many little babby homestucks (around the age of 10). But it's common to have young kids around with smaller cons since they're cheap and local.
>>
>>9327767
I like how 3 minutes, you see a group that encapsulates the cancer killing cons.

>Steven Universe
>edgy steampunk Disney Princess trio
>AoT cosplayer with a horse mask who proceeds to fucking dab

Kill it. Kill it all.

I've only really been going to coons for the past 4 years. I wish I had started in like 2005 so I could have still experienced the glory days of nothing but anime stuff before it became diluted with this bullshit.

Fuck Steven Universe. Fuck Disney. Fuck Deadpool. Fuck Undertale. Fuck Homestuck.

Burn it. Burn it all.
>>
>>9328147

I disagree with your attitude. I go to cons because people are usually pretty inclusive and friendly.

Not all cons and not all fandoms give off that vibe, but the con circuit I attend does.
>>
This is a trend that I think really started to kick off past 2010.

When I was in my teens (11-13, I think?) I made my way to my first few anime cons. AX99 I believe. Most of the people at the con were college aged, or older. Still had that run off of sci-fi/fantasy/comic con feel to it.

I was definitely the odd one out, in terms of age. There was NOT a ton of kids.

Now I'm like 31, and I feel like the odd one out in terms of age again. Only time I see people my age nowadays are at more general comic style conventions.

It's odd. I think most of the older anime fans moved on since our favorite creators don't get invited to cons anymore.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.