[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Cosplay has turned into shit ever since everyone is out to rank up their social media numbers.

Can we have an appreciation thread for cosplayers who still stick to producing quality work and don't fill up their social pages with tits and ass?

Hard Mode: Those who do both (Yaya) don't count.
>>
It doesn't exist, anon. Sorry.
>>
>>9322813
It does but nobody cares unless you're attractive
>>
No one cares about accuracy and quality. GTFO OP.

If they aren't hot or sexy then they should stop cosplaying and leave.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 640x889px
@mang0_kitty on Instagram doesn't make ALL of her cosplays, but they're super polished when she does, and look better than store bought.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 640x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 640x861px
>>9324625
>>
>>9324625
>>9324631
Nice selfpost.
You look like trash.
>>
Here's who I follow on Facebook:

J. Hart Designs
Ms Major Sam
Enayla Cosplay
Mango Sirene
Quantum Destiny
December Cosplay
Pretzl Cosplay
Erza Cosplay
Twinzik Cosplay
Korin Cosplay
Cowbutt Crunchies
Melting Mirror
Pisara Wigs
>>
>>9325594

I pretty much follow the same people, gonna add some more I follow
Lyz Brickley
Nikita Cosplay
Fenix Fatalist (she does a lot of fanservice stuff but she does some really great photoshoots)
9Flame cosplay
Zerggiee Cosplay
Lemonbell Cosplay
Egg Sisters Cosplay
Atelier Heidi
Jackie Craft
Wingedlight Cosplay
>>
>>9325594
>>9325700
J.Hart, December & Nikita are amazing! I adore their work.
That you for the others, I'll definitely be checking them out!
>>
>>9325700
>>9325739
>>9325594

Totally forgot to add AK Wirru! He also posts tutorials almost every Tuesday which is super cool
>>
>>9324631
Wow, this is obviously a selfpost because look at this disgusting mess.
But if it weren't a selfpost it would honestly be worse. You aren't honestly thinking anyone is able to look at that and think it looks good?
>>
>>9325775
I don't think it's too bad desu

The leg and arm armor look pretty clean. The sweater is kinda awkward and the prop isn't the neatest but it's not the worst I've ever seen.
>>
>>9325594
Seriously Mango Sirene? That girl is a fucking joke.
>>
I'm kind of sick of watching the same Blizzard wobla bikini armor style recycled over and over again. Can someone restore my faith and name me some cosplayers who still go against the flow and do versatile stuff? Preferably from eastern sources too.
>>
>>9326033
deets ?
>>
File: IMG_2143.jpg (68KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2143.jpg
68KB, 313x470px
I miss MalindaChan so much she was my biggest inspiration for little 12 year old me to get into cosplay. She was so good at what she did, her cosplays were always super polished. But she also believed in having fun too. I'm glad she got a job doing what she loves most. Sorry I sounded like a massive fucking brown noser but she's such a nostalgic cosplay idol for me
>>
>>9326235
Apparently she's a bitch IRL but only sources I've seen are on here so take that as you will
>>
>>9326304

Some chick made a Mimikyu cosplay not long after her, when her own is literally a dress with a hood that looks like Mimikyu itself, then she had the audacity to say that she stole her design.
>>
>>9326304
She is a real bitch in conventions thinking that everything should be about her and her friends. Had a encounter with her once, asked if I can get a photo and she was like "hahaha... no." Not to mention that her fan base is just bunch of 12 year.
She's taking the whole Mimikyu design too seriously as well because her design was even as ugly as everyone else's who came after hers. Fucking chill...
Not to mention that she deleted her ask box on her Tumblr and had to go deeper by making a long post of Facebook on how she shouldnt be doing other people's work, when it's funny that her channel is pretty much a beginners guide to cosplay channel. Kek.
>>
>>9326279
Malindachan was also my idol when I started her Yugioh cosplays were the only reason why I even attempted styling heavily styled character wigs. I'm glad she's still doing what she loves.
>>
Gonna list some Australians that I love in no order.

Amenokitarou (a.k. wirru)
Knitemaya
Vera Chimera
Major Sam Cosplay
Henchwench
Astrokerrie Cosplay
LillaBee Cosplay
Katyuska moonfox
Dadpool
Yeliz Cosplay
>>
>>9326357
I had a strange experience with her as well, where she more or less brushed off a friend of mine who was a big fan and had been working up the courage to meet her and her friend. I didn't want to judge since cons can be overwhelming and it's hard to keep a smile on at all times, but it's interesting that other people have experienced this too. I like her videos, but that's good to know.
>>
>>9325594
Yeah, not to be a hater, but most of the folks on this list are pretty epic, god-tier cosplayers or wig stylists and then Mango Sirene is like that person whose talent stagnated around 2010 and never really got any better. But hey, if she's an inspiration to beginners, I can respect that, but on this list, she is a painful weak link.
>>
>>9326760
I used to like Mango a lot when I first was getting started, but now she just seems really obnoxious and egotistical.
>when you actually start to get experience and can't help but start to notice things wrong with your inspa's costumes
>>
>>9326357
Is she still friends with courtoon? i know a few years ago they were basically inseparable, and then courtoon moved to california and mango became an ultra bitch
>>
Idk, part of me doesn't really care if they're bitches if their work is nice. I'm not trying to be friends with them.
>>
>>9326851
I get that
but seeing someone's shitty attitude after a while gets annoying
>>
>>9325779
>>9325775
>>9325567
Not a selfpost, I posted because I like her sewing and crafting skills. I think her love live dress looks super polished, and the arm and leg armor looks incredible too.
>>
>>9326777
In her defense, I don't think she's trying to be a god-tier cosplayer, though. I think she's trying to be a Youtuber cosplayer who inspires young people and being "cospositive," so I have no issues with her or her work. She just sticks out on the list as not very inspiring craft-wise.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.