[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knoxville anime day is really close to me, has anyone /cgl/ gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (597KB, 969x358px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
597KB, 969x358px
Knoxville anime day is really close to me, has anyone /cgl/ gone before? What was your experience? This is my first ever con so I'll probably go regardless.
>>
File: DSC01728.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01728.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
>>9310070
Not this one, but I went to anime day Nashville, which is run by the same people, twice, once with friends, another time as an artist. It was boring both times. Its a super small con with nothing much to do. The first time I went it was sorta trashy, but the 2nd time it improved and was actually ok. I was actually suppose to go a 3rd time but the guy running it never message me back about how to pay him, even after he said he's love for me to attend as an artist...

Anyways, its totally worth going if its nearby, it only costs $5 to get in, but just don't expect some amazing con experience to expect to be there all day.
>>
>>9310080
That's kind of a bummer, honestly though Knoxville is pretty small so I was anticipating as much.

Apparently MTAC is pretty sweet and its in April, what do you think about MTAC? I just graduated college and got a job so I can fucking go to cons and concerts now with my own money and I have friends that live in Murfesboro.
>>
>>9310088
Everyone has said that MTAC has been terrible ever since it moved out of the convention center. They try to cram too many people in such a small venue and its line-con.
>>
I went to it three years ago. It's okay for a mini-con if you want to cosplay and buy some stuff.

>>9310088

I've always heard MTAC is shit on /cgl/ but a coworker that went last year said it's improving.
>>
>>9310088
I started going to MTAC in 2013 it was in the convention center and was a great space, unfortunately there was some drama the really kept me from having a great time. The next couple of years were fun, the panels were great if you could get into them. The Sheraton where it was last year(and this year) is to small to hold all of the people. You will literally feel like a sardine trying to go through the hallway to get from one side of the con to the other. I missed 2016 but in 2015 you had to line up at least an hour before a panel to try to get in. I heard that 2016 due to poor planning it was impossible to get into the dealer room which is always one of my favorite things to wander into and check out.

Smaller cons like Akaicon and GMX work great in the same space. I'm not even planning to go back to MTAC unless they move to a convention center.
>>
>>9310088
Only been to mtac once, and it was several years ago. I am trying to get into the AA, but they STILL haven't opened the applications even though they said they would at the end of november.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.