[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maid Cafe Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 43

File: maxresdefault.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
maxresdefault.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What are your opinions on maid cafes, gulls? Which ones have you been to/loved/hated?
>>
The only maid cafes I have been to was a local con aid cafe and after entrance fee costs you about 40 dollars a visit with food for the hangout version. The actual con is is about the same price but for coffee store sandwiches and bottled pop because of how the contracting works and convention centers have ironclad clauses that prevents offsite catering

Another time was when I went to some weeb entrepeneur who opened up a maid cafe and had a disappointing experience.

I seriously wonder what is needed for maid cafes to do well here. I mean hypothetically I could open an afternoon tea salon where you can book sets with a maid for an hourly rate.
>>
>>9307893
>I seriously wonder what is needed for maid cafes to do well here.

Maid cafes are part of the Japanese hostess culture. People go to talk and play games with a pretty girl. The cafe is just a normal hostess club with a maid theme.

We do not have a hostess culture so maid cafes don't work here.
>>
>>9307865

I understand that maid cafes are fanservice-y in itself but it makes me really hate the ones that purposefully pander to certain crowds by ONLY being sexy. It ruins the idea that most try to go for by going the cutesy route because now anything with the word "maid" in it instantly turns it into something sexy.

Like this cafe is called Cloud 9 Cute Maid Cafe and even in the description says /idol/ maid cafe but they're nothing but sexy hostesses that seems to help host or run parties with alcohol and whatnot like >>9307917 which would be fine to me if they just didn't try to call themselves a maid cafe.

Would it kill for maid cafes in general to have matching outfits though?
>>
>>9307935
>Cat cutout bra as outerwear
>Heart boob cutout in red blouse
> Black spaghetti strap top with glued(?) on lace
These 3 should just make a hostess club and call it what it is, ffs.
>>
File: TYP_1608-1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
TYP_1608-1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>tfw the UK has 2 Maid Cafe groups
M.O.E has been around for longest and main stomping ground is England. Has alot of young maids and loves a good bit of shoop.
>>
>>9308003
they're cute until they start singing. The only good one is the red one
>>
We have one in town that's actually run by a franchise from Japan but it's really watered down. I've only been twice and I'm not sure if it's because I always go with a small group of girls but the maids hardly pay attention to us. The first time the maid only came to seat us and give us our menus and the rest of our order and the bill was taken and given to us by who I assume is the manager bc she was in a suit. The second time was literally like going to any other cafe.
>>
>>9308030
Wish they would just do cafes and dancing. The cafes are pretty good, I attended one with a friend years ago and it was pretty fun.
>>
What are the best/most popular maid cafes in the US?
>>
I pop up every now and again. I'm the lurker who's run a maid cafe, and I've done quite a bit of research myself into why maid cafes work in Japan but don't in the west. If you have any questions please feel free.
>>
>>9308062
None because there isn't any that survived over a year.
>>
I supoose this is the place to ask: regarding butler cafes, are the only options (in japan, of course) swallowtail and the one with foreigners? I'm looking to visit something more aimed at girls during my stay.
>>
ugh that pic is so cringey. why isn't it a requirement for girls who apply at maid cafes to buy the same maid dress? it should be in the rules to apply that everyone orders the same dress. there's a reason why every worker at mcdonalds is dressed the same.

the closest we have to maid cafes are hooters and they are open about their hosting. though i personally find the cute covered up appeal of maid cafes more, the west just isn't like that
>>
>>9308003
M.O.E's events are great and they've hired a bunch of qt new girls recently. They're pretty invested in it too and active on social media as their maid personas

There are quite a few Meido groups in the UK actually (M.O.E, Sweet Cupcake Academy, Ai My Maid, Marshmallow Dreams, Meian, a couple others afaik) to varying degrees of quality
>>
>>9307865
It's how I met my gf.
>>
>>9308062
I feel like a lot of maid cafes in the US are underwhelming because they don't get the atmosphere right. I wish there was a cafe with a permanent residence rather than traveling... It's really hard to make a bunch of plastic tables at a convention feel like a real cafe. Also the costumes are usually shitty amazon tier and not coordinated and that doesn't do any favors for the staff or cafe.
>>
Why the fuck is OP asking a white washed board about maid cafe's? Any person with knowledge knows these don't work outside of Japan. And anyone with knowledge also knows what maid cafe's are really meant for.
>>
>>9308171
There are a couple fairly decent cafes that are 4-6 years old, at least in my state. There are a bunch of other smaller ones that have started more recently with varying degrees of success.
>>
File: maxresdefault`.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
maxresdefault`.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9308210
Some of them get the costumes right (shitty pic but it's the first one I found of this group)
>>
>>9308210
>they don't get the atmosphere right
This. I feel like maid cafes in the US need more than just the cute maid gimmick to get by. If they maybe started doing themed foods that are cute and taste well, it could get enough attention to grab even normies. For example, there is some cafe in California that has Unicorn themed items on their menu. It's been getting a lot of attention on social media and i've seen both my lolita/jfash friends and my completely normie-tier friends talking about going.
>>
>>9308260
It's also incredibly difficult for these groups to get permission from convention centers to sell certain kinds of foods, though
>>
>>9308171
One I can think of is Fleur Royale at Anime Midwest and Con+Alt+Delete in Rosemont, IL.
I've been to their cafe twice and it's decent but it needs work, the only thing that made it nice was our butlers serving us and the dancing at the end.
>>
>>9308260
themed foods sound great but many convention centers and hotels have certain rules on what food can be served. Some even require you only use their food.
>>
>>9308260
>>9308274
>>9308315
But even cute packaging would make all the difference. Maybe have the maids draw on foods like the omurice or latte art at maid cafes in Japan. Even lots of stickers or decorations on pre-packaged foods or having maids make personalized little card/napkin drawings would be an improvement. I'm sure customers would be amenable to the extra charge for that kind of thing.
>>
>>9308274
>>9308315
It didn't really occur to me that were talking about cons. l thought we were talking about permanent cafes, my bad.
>>9308331
In the case of a real cafe
>foods like the omurice
Cute, but still needs to reach past the weeb territory.
>latte art
Could be very cute and draw normies if there are designs to choose from that isn't just weebshit.
>>
>>9308003
I'm really impressed, as far as uniform and apperances go, this is the best Western cafe I've seen. They all are wearing the same uniform but with their own personalized flair. The makeup is good and cute, but still natural, save the girl in the middle. And they are all wearing decent looking wigs.
>>
File: darktimes.png (1B, 486x500px)
darktimes.png
1B, 486x500px
I used to work for a small maid cafe that I think has long passed away (pic related). I can't say I really enjoyed it but I also kept getting stuck as the maid for this one person who didn't know boundaries and my other customers usually were very shy and awkward. It's been about 4 years but I'm thinking of trying again.

As a customer I've only ever gone to two, the short lived one in New York that was pretty much a maid cafe only in name and AnimeUSA's which was also years ago. I did go to their Host Club this year however and it was extremely fan servicey.
>>
>>9308062
When I was first getting into convention maid cafes, Animaid and At Your Service were the top two most popular ones around 2009~2013 (?) until Animaid suddenly died but an anon told me in previous maid cafe threads it was because the head maid misused funds to her lolita collection. At Your Service has gotten cuter throughout the years but they seem to only do one event a year. There's been many other maid cafes though popping up though but not sure if any hit that kind of tier the previous two are on within the U.S.

Pic related, Animaid did a school theme for the cafe in one point in time.

So probably a better question would be:
>What convention maid cafes are popular in your area?
>>
>>9308047
Uncle Tetsu?
>>
>>9308166
Like a brick and mortar cafe or a pop up/con cafe?
>>
>>9308387
>muh dick
The one u worked at was in nyc 2?
Ive never heared of thn here but thn again i never really looked
>>
>>9308183
Both are aimed at girls so idk what you're looking for >>9308184
>>
>>9308722
I meant "more aimed at girls than maid cafes."
>>
File: IMG_0082.png (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0082.png
1B, 486x500px
I''ve only been to a few cons in the Southern East Coast. I mainly live in Georgia so AWA two years ago was my first con. I saw that they had a maid cafe but I didn't think they were cute all.

Are there actually any cute maid cafes in the "south-east" U.S?
>>
>>9308846
Are those actual butlers from the cafe? Or just con attendees?
>>
I went to the maid cafe at ikkicon this weekend. It was a cute idea but it sucked tb h. The ticket was $15 and they were supposed to serve ramen, dessert, and a snack. We never got the ramen, only a fruit cup and a small dessert. The MC was pretty awkward, but the girl who danced was sorta cute.
>>
Mine was a convention cafe, but the difference was that the hotel allowed us to use the same space - the rotating restaurant upstairs with a semi-working kitchen - for every year. We were allowed free run of it as long as we didn't permanently attach anything to the walls. So we decorated in themes, provided our maids with strict outfit guidelines, and worked with a local bakery to serve their food. We were lucky we could do that. We had mostly the same menu every year with some changes and specials, but everyone who'd come before would always enthusiastically return.

We did the dancing and the "cute" maid aspect, but we made sure to host training 'parties' for our volunteers, which prepared them for the kind of waitressing and customer service work we expected. I know it was a great success because it built on top of itself from year to year.

We had fun. Well, the attendees and the staff did. I most certainly did not. I don't recommend running a cafe to anyone unless you're being paid for the amount of work you do.

I wonder if I can be paid to be a "American maid cafe consultant". Ha...
>>
>>9308864
I'm going to guess that the dude in the white vest is a butler and hope the rest are attendees.

Is it weird to wish that con cafes would let you pick what type of archetypes you prefer in a host/ess?
>>
>>9308967
They don't? I assumed that you could at least choose which maid you'd like to serve you/chat with. Or is it usually just random?
>>
>>9308846
>Are there actually any cute maid cafes in the "south-east" U.S?

I went to one maid cafe here and was sorely disappointed. Bad service, bad dancing/singing, everything was awful
>>
>>9307935
I think there's to many different types of maid stuff in mangas and animes. The main types are cute or sexy so that's all they go for instead going for the japanese maid cafe style.
>>
A cafe would have to sell bomb ass food. Unfortunately, no maid cafe will take off in America for the maids. People wouldn't mind coming to a maid cafe if the cafe sold delicious food.
>>
I say that because the culture present in parts of Tokyo and other cities keeps maid cafes in business. There's not enough people who fill that niche in America who would repeatedly come back just for the company of games and pretty girls in outfits. There was German restaurant that originally had all its girls dress in German beer girl outfits. It definitely helped their popularity being known as, 'the restaurant with the really cute girls in costumes', but they stayed in business because they sold pricey foreign beer and great gourmet food. (They actually don't do the outfits anymore because of various problems resulting from it.)
>>
>>9308184
Hooters has an entire legal team hired to make the argument their strict dress code and physical requirements are not discriminatory. One of the issues with maid cafes in America is that it's very hard to maintain that every single worker be a certain standard of looks.
>>
>>9308846
Cafe Peko Peko and Cafe Kira Hoshi seem decent
>>
>>9308166
Would you run a maid cafe again? As a permanent establishment? As a temporary pop-up shop?

Is there room for non-maid but themed cafes? Dr. Who cafe, Game of Thrones cafe?

Do you feel the part of maids playing games with guests works in the west? What games are too simple or too complicated? Is there more/less appeal in certain regions of the west?

How do you know what maids NOT to hire?
>>
>>9308241
I have to give credit to the AN maids. Their uniform and performance game is almost always on point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpp4_eAXLFA
>>
>>9308652
Yes.
>>
>>9308003
I hope it sticks around for 5 more years because I'll be a baker an din Europe by than
>>
>>9308967
>>9309126
I worked in a maid cafe and unfortunately that was never the case because of customer volume. I served a whole table full of people or even moved between tables, so customers weren't really "assigned" any single maid. They asked us to stay in generally cute and friendly personality types (e.g. himedere or deredere) so we wouldn't freak out customers. I ended up doing yandere for one customer who asked me to specifically. I don't think there's much demand for it.
>>
>>9309237
There's a League of Legends maid cafe called Summoners Cafe, and they seem to be going strong still. Looks like they're also branching out to other non-League stuff like Vocaloid too.
>>
>>9308183
I could have sworn there was at least one other cafe where it was boyish girls/women dressed as butlers, but Swallowtail and the foreign butler cafe are the only ones I ever see mentioned. That said Swallowtail was def. great. Otome road was my favorite spot during my trip.
>>
>>9309422
I think they are called dansou cafes.
a lot come up in a google search
looking through the tag on twitter it seems like some of them are still in business too.
also it is making me sad I didn't go to one while I was in japan, there are some qts
>>
We have "Maid in Scotland"
some of them are cute
others are definitely not
I haven't been to any of their events but I've heard that they aren't that good
apparently one of the butlers is also very creepy
>>
>>9309212

Well an afternoon tea room could work. It fkts the aesthetic but you need maids with a good amount of topics to discuss with interest. Most maids here expect to be merely waitresses only.
>>
>>9308670
>U
>Thn

>>>/trash/

Speak English or gtfo
>>
>>9308907
Ah, this sounds a lot better than other cons since you had more relaxed food rules, and it sounds like you could decorate the food you bought in the semi-working kitchen?

It sounds like a lot of fun to set up, I'd totally dig designing menus/making decorations/sewing cute matching uniforms. I've run enough events to know that I don't want to be the guy responsible for everything in the end, but I'd like to do all the stuff that involves making cute shit and not the interacting with people stuff.
>>
I feel like a lot of non Japan maid cafes consist of ugly,greasy weebs wanting to live their uguu moe meido dreams.
>>
>>9308366
oh it's just that most US cafes are usually at a con haha so i kind of just put that into consideration
>>
Maid cafes in the US are weird
>Maid cafe consists of mainly asians/white girls
>Maid cafe consists of ugly girls

Its either one or the other
>>
>>9309130
Do you remember the name of the cafe?

>>9309233
Kira Hoshi has an interesting set up where they have two different color uniforms because of the headmaids but instead of being weird it brings in a nice
uniformity.

>>9309632
>Any west coast cafe.
AX's maid cafe is nothing but asian with a white girl in there for "diversity."
>>
>>9309237
>Would you run a maid cafe again? As a permanent establishment? As a temporary pop-up shop?

No, it is poison. I'd consider it if I get paid for it. Maybe... ... hm....

>Is there room for non-maid but themed cafes?

Maybe in conventions. I like the idea of that LoL cafe, that's kinda cute. I'd join it, I think. But the problem with conventions is you're renting space which usually comes with strict rules about food and selling food. It makes sense; they're a business. They don't want to lose money. As I said, our circumstances were such that we were lucky. It's no longer like that, by the way, and the cafe has since had to disband.

>Do you feel the part of maids playing games with guests works in the west? What games are too simple or too complicated?

Actually, 8 times out of 10 playing games like rock paper scissors with our guests was quite successful. People like to feel special, and we're a social species. We also don't like to feel judged. I like to think that our cafe created an environment where these people - mostly very young people - could be themselves. We stuck to rock paper scissors, but a lot of our servers came up with their own games. People would come back and ask for that specific maid, so I think it was successful.

As a person running the thing, I didn't have a lot of time to play games with people, though sometimes I'd walk around and play with people when we were really busy. They all enjoyed the magic spells, too.

> Is there more/less appeal in certain regions of the west?

I think it would be difficult to set up a maid cafe like ours in a small con. As to region... well, it's just that, particularly in America, the need for maid cafes as "make-believe escapism settings" just isn't here the way it is in Japan. If you think about it, it's kind of sad that that need does exist in Tokyo.

If anyone is curious about the social science behind the need for maid cafes I'll be happy to try and find my sources.
>>
>>9309237
>How do you know what maids NOT to hire?

Generally we didn't hire anyone who was pretty young (the con stipulated a cut-off age anyway), and we liked to hire those with experience hosting or waitressing. I've met some very dear people through this experience.
>>
>>9309598
We had a unique situation. We would put together parfaits which were designed by our head kitchen lead, but my favorite was the ichigo cake made locally by two sisters who owned a bakery downtown. I miss that cake even today.

What was great was that a lot of our maids were artist and graphic design majors, so they made some really cute stuff for us, and we became references and they could use these designs in their portfolios. I hope some of them did.

Pic related. Please don't steal it.
>>
>>9309693
Cute! Does the con still run this cafe? Would you be comfortable naming the con?
>>
>>9307865
Most maid cafes I've seen have been awful because the organizer gives too much freedom to the maids and they all wear completely different outfits
Bodyline has tons of maid outfits, just have everyone buy the same on in the same color so they match
>>
>>9308187
M.O.E and Marshmallow Dreams are the only ones I know that hold cafes, Marshmallow is run by older girls but I've seen and heard a lot of good things. The only downside is they are based in Scotland.
>>
IMO maid cafes need to do the following to be successful:
>no fatties/uggos
>no girls who don't know how to talk to people/entertain
>tattoos and piercings on the maid aren't kawaii and should be covered up/taken out/not allowed
>standardized maid uniform and cohesive styling across the girls (which means no crazy hair cuts or styles)
>>
>>9309935
They need butlers that also adhere to these rules. Women have enormous spending power but won't go if it's just cute uguu girls. Also you have to do things like board game nights or fighting game night where you can hang out and interact. American nerds aren't sold on just cute dances
>>
The Krakencon maid cafe was kinda ass with its Costco deserts and warm soda and bottled water but I still kinda miss it.

While trying to find out what happened to them I found this Bay Area group that seems promising. Doesn't look like the same people.
>>
>>9309935
I think girls with piercings and/or 'crazy' hair are pretty cute, and im not the only one who thinks that. Cafes should have some varity other wise all the maids look like carbon copies of eachother. not moe at all
>>
>>9309971
Butlers are okay too but they either need to be women dressed as men or pretty androgynous guys with no visible secondary sex characteristics
No ugly hairy muscle men allowed in my maid cafe
Also once again: standard uniform, no uggos/fatties/tattoos/weird hair/piercings
>>
>>9308623
Unfortunately At Your Service disbanded so...
>>
>>9310217
they disbanded? I'm not seeing anything on their FB supporting this....
>>
>>9310229
It's in their personal group page and none of the girls have kept hush hush about it.
>>
>>9309985
They should have variety, and I agree that a girl with piercing and funky hair can be really cute. However, the issue is such girls would still have to show up with their hair actually fixed with proper makeup. A lot of alternative girls unfortunately fail at being fashionable and cute looking. They go for the cotton candy pink hair and forget about the rest of the image. If you got a cute girl with piercings and nicely fixed/straightened twin tails with a nice face put on, lovely. Unfortunately, usually you get someone with greasy skin, raccoon eyes, and frizzy hair that wasn't parted before using heat tools.
>>
>>9310235
Why did they disband?
>>
>>9310244
Exactly! Most alt girls seem to think that a 'weird' hair colour alone makes the look, but with that kind of thing you really are committing to a whole aesthetic that requires a lot of upkeep to come across nicely.
Pic related is more what I meant, a great example of piercings and coloured hair done right in cutesy way, that could work really well for a maid cafe imo.
>>
>>9310244
The head hasn't shown up for her own events for quite some time. I think she is moving on (she does more Lolita).
>>
>>9308187
Sweet Cupcake Academy folded, don't know why and I was one of the girls that worked there lol. A lot of the girls who worked there went on to Meian Maid Cafe, and they have matching uniforms and generally look a lot better than we ever did.
>>
File: 20170105_181652.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_181652.png
1B, 486x500px
I hope you all don't mind if I post a small dump of maid cafe instagrams
>>
File: 20170105_190117.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_190117.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: 20170105_185720.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_185720.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9310346
>>
>>9310347
>>
File: 20170105_185615.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_185615.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9310349
>>
>>9309643
>AX's maid cafe is nothing but asian with a white girl in there for "diversity."

I want to try applying for a west coast cafe but I'm black so I know I wouldn't get in, bums me out.
>>
File: 20170105_185545.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_185545.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9310350
>>
File: 20170105_185811.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170105_185811.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9310353
>>
>>9310352
There are plenty of west coast cafes that will hire black maids and have in the past. Just don't apply to AX as they make you buy everything even your ticket to the convention.

Have friends who have worked for AX they say never again will they ever set foot in the con after that
>>
>>9310272
The reason I said no crazy hair/piercings is because 99% of the girls who have it who try to be "kawaii" do ugly Instagram hooker makeup which is absolutely not kawaii
Or their hair is super faded and their roots are grown way out
Or they don't have simple, metal piercings like the girl in your picture does and instead tries to color coordinate it and it just looks bad.
>>
>>9310360
Wait is this the cafe with the shitty hot topic Galaxy dresses?
>>
>>9309895
Anime Milwaukee. As I said, after last year, the cafe has disbanded. It was a good .. what, 8 years? Thanks everyone.
>>
>>9309976
They look so bored
>>
>>9309447
Thanks, I couldn't figure out what the proper term was. Had no time to go to one during my trip, anyway, but at least I know for the future.
>>
>>9307865
I went to Maidreamin at the Akihabara railway entrance last year. The maids were unexpectedly really cute/sweet/accomodating and the atmosphere cant quite be captured in photos.
The food was cute and not too expensive, although after the 500yen entrance fee, i suppose its a bit pricier. We had the omurice which was surpisingly pretty good and a parfait which was a little too sweet but nice otherwise.
The maids didnt seem as fake as i thought they'd be, their mannerisms /attitudes etc made it seem like they were genuinely cute people. Always smiling, looked like they were enjoying themselves, just generally super lovely.

However, nearly all the customers were men aged 20-40yrs which was quite uncomfortable.
But I loved it otherwise and would highly recommend!
>>
>>9310620
They just look like they're trying to be serious or something
>>
>>9310606
I need pics of this for full impact
>>
>>9310360
Tumblr/10
>>
>>9307865
We had a huge thread on this a few months ago, look it up in the archives. Lots of people saying they thought maid cafés were skeevy fetish bait as well.
>>
>>9310372
Yeah... maid cafes in Japan have only Asians because they are like 96% ethnic Japanese or something like that. Staffing only Asians in an American cafe just makes it some weird fetish cafe.
>>
Used to live in Tokyo and take guests to maid cafes frequently because they'd always want to go.

I DESPISE maid cafes. They are extremely fetishy and not very cute once you see them in context. It's mostly very young girls in gaudy maid uniforms serving old men (most men look around 40) and their "moe moe" act is cringe worthy.

My least favorite maid chain is Maid Dreamin (fuck their shitty songs). I preferred to go to @home cafe.

On the other hand, I did go to Swallowtail (butler cafe) and the experience was incredible. Awesome atmosphere, butlers of all kinds, great service, and didn't feel so forced. Definitely prefer that to maid cafes.
>>
>>9311609
>I DESPISE maid cafes. They are extremely fetishy and not very cute once you see them in context. It's mostly very young girls in gaudy maid uniforms serving old men (most men look around 40) and their "moe moe" act is cringe worthy.
Well of course. Not seeing the problem here
>>
>>9310372
>Plenty
Where? I must just be shit at looking then
>>
>>9308310
they actually lose money they're only around because they are con owned
>>
>>9309688
what was your cafe called?
>>
>>9309935
The problem is that people who fulfil all these categories usually don't want/need to work in maid cafes as nerd fetish bait.
>>
>>9307935
Oh I've been here before.
They basically tell you its just alcohol and Sexy cosplay in the description.
You know what you're getting.
>>
Has anyone ever visited this place ?
facebook com/pg/ MaidCafeMoe/
>>
>>9309643
It was Animazement's maid cafe. My first time going to one and it was a waste of time and money. Our maid was so bad that she didn't bring us our drinks OR food until the show was nearly over and she got half the orders wrong (among other problems). The dance routine was pretty mediocre and I was bored the entire time.

I also agree with others that consistent uniforms have to be a must. If one person is in a kimono and someone else is in a maid outfit, it just doesn't work.
>>
>>9309935
Good luck. They're letting fat'n'uglies work at Hooters these days.
>>
>>9311609
I kinda feel the same way about them. I've been to Pinafore and Mai:lish in Akiba with friends and thought it was awkward and cringeworthy as hell. I like girls in maid outfits as much as the next guy but the whole maid cafe act is stupid.

The only "maid cafe" I've been to outside Japan was that one place in LA that was like a combo maid cafe and art gallery, and it was nothing to write home about. At least they were really just costumed waitresses there and didn't do the whole moe moe bullshit though.
>>
>>9307865
I've been to two.
Anime California 2015, which was an amazing experience and had Eeveelutions+really friendly staff that played card games+one of them did the Hare Hare Yukai
TitanCon, but that was more Fullerton trying to put on a free con, and that cafe was... awkward, to say the least. It felt like they totally missed the point compared to the other one...
So I guess my opinion is, well-executed, they're really fun, but if you don't have that spark, you're gonna tank. It's why they don't exist for the most part here in burgerland, as much as I'd love them to.
>>
File: igXoTgk.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
igXoTgk.jpg
1B, 486x500px
i recently just said no to an interview for a maid cafe that i applied for at a con this spring because i was too scared to go through with it and realized i would be serving sweaty, smelly nerds and have to fake everything.

part of me regrets saying no, but it's volunteer work and i'm going with friends, so i wouldn't want to leave them to be stuck in a cafe.

dunno if i'll regret when the con comes, but i'll have to see
>>
>>9312791
I've volunteered at a con maid cafe for three years and it's not bad at all. As long as your management is decent and rules are laid out clearly for customers it's pretty fun. The most you'll get is the occasional awkward guy who sucks at making conversation. Otherwise most people come in groups with friends and are really nice- I found I could really ham up the over the top moe with customers and laugh with them because they thought it was cute and funny.
>>
Does your local maid cafés have personas? I never thought it'd be a good thing to make UNTRAINED VOULENTEERS act like an anime character or a stereotype hereof. Our local maid café has smiley and (somewhat) cute maids/butlers. They do offer foodmagic and you're able to purchase chekki with them. You get 1 free chekki per order already though
>>
File: Ayame.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Ayame.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Maids with no bangs are such a rarity. Post cute maids with no bangs
>>
>>9311609
Same, I've been to @home with some friends who promised I would "JUST LOVE IT!", but I just felt like a pimp 70% of the time. Picking girls from a menu and screaming some cutesy shit at my drink just felt wrong.
The ice cream I had was weirdly delicious though, so I don't regret going.
>>
>>9312008
Exactly. I exactly fit the aforementioned description: straight, healthy hair, blunt bangs, small, cute piercings and well done, cute tattoos. But I would never, ever want to work as a maid. I get enough creeps already with being a lolita, no need to put myself out there like that.
>>
>>9318238
Whoops, I also meant to reply to the post that argued that tattoos and piercings could work as long as the girls look cute, and not like washed up raccoons. >>9310240
>>
>>9318235
The food was always good when I went to @home cafe, so that's definitely nothing I'd complain about.

I could just do with out "OKAY MASTER, let's do a moe moe spell on our kawaii drink? Can you say moe moe kyun with me~?" shit
>>
>>9318338
i threw up abit just hearing that shit
>>
>>9318338
This is why I don't think a real maid cafe could ever take off in America. I think a restaurant with girls in maid outfits featuring excellent customer service could take off. I even think a restaurant showcasing a dinner show that featured dancing once a day could take off. I don't think enough people are into getting called master or baby talk.
>>
>>9318338
>moe moe kyun~!
that gave me flashbacks
>>
>>9318405
What I would really love is a Victorian/Edwardian themed cafe with old-timey modest maids and high quality teas.
>>
>>9318338
>>9318405
>>9318356

I don't get why you would go to a maid cafe then? The culture within it/surrounding it is literally what makes a maid cafe. The maids are playing a part, girls just serving in a maid costume does not a maid cafe make.

It's just silly fun. I've worked at a con cafe for three years running as a maid, and if you stop holding yourself back and acting like everything is 'cringe' then you'll have a lot more fun. Take the experience with a grain of salt and play along with the maids. The only thing awkward about a maid cafe is when you/the customer MAKES it awkward by not playing along.
If you want a boring experience with girls in pretty costumes, just go to a themed restaurant or something.
>>
>>9319018
Boring
>>
File: top_baner01.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
top_baner01.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Any recommendations for cafes in Tokyo that aren't balls to the wall kawaii? Something along the lines of Schatz-kiste with just nice maids and not a lot of songs and magical spells for your food
>>
>>9307935
Honestly they are completely honest with what they are, the facebook pages show the girls in the sexy outfits and explain their alcohol policy. They are SLIGHTLY sexier than a normal cafe (seriously one little keyhole shape is the only difference between some of these and a regular outfit) and are upfront about it, so what's the big deal?

They are just putting their own spin on it, I have no idea why you would give a shit or dislike it, can you please explain why that bothers you? You act like it's some religious ideology at stake it's a fucking maid cafe holy shit.
>>
>>9308184
Why dos that appeal to you? You like uniformity that much? Go to mcdonalds if that's what gets you going lol
>>
>>9310372
No wonder the AX maid cafe was garbage. I still have nightmares about the bunny girl maids. Rancor chan will haunt me for life.
>>
File: mai.png (1B, 486x500px)
mai.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9318134
>>
>>9308387
Do you and other maids judge people for being socially awkward, or is it just accepted given the nature of maid cafes?
>>
>>9326776
Not that anon, but I am currently in a maid cafe, and our group just accepts it.... I mean, what else do you expect, working a con? Sure, people can be awkward but as long as they're nice, we don't care.
>>
>>9326776
Not that anon either but I agree with >>9326780
People come to the maid café to be entertained, not to be judged. If you work in the maid café, you better entertain your guests
>>
File: 152460225.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
152460225.jpg
1B, 486x500px
> mfw the local con's maid cafe gets roasted by virgin neckbeards because some of the maids working there are dating
>>
I went the Maidreamin last year. It was generally really good, I paid extra for one of the maids to perform Snow Halation which was cute.
The only downside? The guy on the table next to me was wanking the whole time we were there. Every now and again he'd run his gross fingers through his hair before beating away again. We knew when he'd finished because that's when he had a smoke.
I couldn't even avoid looking in his direction as his table was pretty much blocking my view on the live stage and the rest of the cafe as we were tucked away in the corner.

For anyone interested in Dansou cafes. 80+1 is the absolute best. It's just arpund the corner from Swallowtail in Ikebokuro. The butlers stole my heart as soon as I walked through the door. I ended up going back there during my holiday.
>>
>>9328527
**view of the
**just around

Woops sorry, should have spell checked before I posted
>>
>>9328527
That is absolutely horrifying. They need to have security at maid cafes because of shit like this. Ugh. I'm extremely jealous that you went to Swallowtail- they are god tier when it comes to service
>>
>>9308166
Japan favors cute. The west favors sexy. The bikini coffee places are still around.
>>
>>9309643
>AX's maid cafe is nothing but asian with a white girl in there for "diversity."

I thought you were kidding but damn
>>
>>9328594
At least four of these girls are definitely not azn
>>
I went to a small local convention yesterday and they really kinda shit their pants with their cafe. It was run very well the first year - it was held in a nice, spacious room and that atmosphere was really great. They even had a poster with all the maids and butlers and a little bio for each of them where you signed up, so you could choose who you got service from.

This year they had really nicely coordinated outfits, which was good. The dessert and drink that came with our service was also really tasty, but holy shit was the location bad. They moved the convention from one building to another (college campus) and this new building had no place for a nice cafe. They converted one of the student lounges into a cafe, but the tables could only fit 4 people each before it became uncomfortable (several of them had 6 or 7, they overbooked). My friends and I got booked to a table that was full and we stood around awkwardly for ten minutes while they grabbed an extra table and chairs. We got set up outside of the lounge with a maid that was supposed to be on their break on a dirty table with no tablecloth or games set up. We also had a really awkward view of the "stage", and I felt bad because it was my friends' first time going to a maid cafe at a convention.
>>
>>9328596
I only see two. the brown one is from south asia.
>>
>>9329049
Where was this? I think I might have been to the same place.
>>
Do you allow your maids/Butlers to perform at your café? If yes, what does the performance include. Dancing? Singing? Do you have a set performance list?
>>
>>9309447
Some dansou cafes: Queen Dolce, Makoto Zakaya
There was a butler dansou cafe but I onyl saw the flyer for it and the rates were host club level pricy.
For normal butler cafes aside from Swallowtail, there is Royal Servant but dunno if still in business. Hired alot of male cosplayers.
>>
>>9310284
Meian Maid Cafe looks very promising as they have a clear theme, nice artwork and logo and average-looking maids. It does bother me that most of them are said to be "Forever 17". Very cliche in my opinion.

>>9309450
Isn't that where Princess Peachie works/ volunteers or am I thinking of a different maid cafe?
>>
>>9328527
Fucking.... eww. I hadn't considered that since my first (and currently only) time at a maid cafe was pleasant, but yeah they must have to deal with perverts and assholes there to get their rocks off.

Thanks for the dansou recommendation. Next time I make it back to Japan I'm definitely planning multiple days for Otome Road.
>>
File: IMG_1086.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_1086.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9330866
Anon, I think you're thinking of Marshmallow Dreams. Maid in Scotland is a different maid cafe and you just have to look at the visuals to know that. PP's artwork features everywhere if you look at Marshmallow Dream's FB page.
>>
>>9330866
Being "Forever 17" is pretty standard for maid cafes tbf. Even if it does make my eyes roll everytime I see it.
I like the concept. But after a quick media stalk of their maids, the dark side is more mess than not & the "backstories" for both sides are cringy as fuck.
Also wtf is the split wig disaster, "Monokuro"?
>>
>>9328594
Is this some Asian fetishists choice of maids? Which staff member of AX okay'd this group?
>>
>>9309688
Sources would be appreciated
>>
>>9331333
Monokuro was in Sweet Cupcake too, she's a bit of an edgelord irl. And I'm pretty sure there isn't any vetting or guidelines on backstories, which is a shame because it does ruin the vibe, especially when they try too hard to stick to it irl.

Personally I find some of the maids in the other branch off from Sweet Cupcake (Hanami I believe?) cronge too, like Fuka. I dunno man, piss yellow is not a good wig colour no matter how much it lines up with the backstory.
>>
Ive never been because western meido cafes I find cringy. In all honesty I hate a lot of people who go to cons so its my preference to not interact with them.
>inb4 why the hell do you go to cons then
>i table to make money

I think maid uniforms are really cute though, I love the pastel colored ones best. If the food was really cute I would consider going.

Japanese maid cafes I'm also not too interested in. It would have to have a certain theme or gimmick to catch my interest. Like Swallowtail seems neat but to me its mostly because it looks so fancy and nice inside.
>>
>>9330866
Tbh I've seen this group on Facebook a lot. I'm yet to see them at an actual event, as a "maid cafe". Instead its just them using the name as a platform for attention.

Also as for their "forever 17" look, at least one member is in their late twenties and is the split wig mess that inspired every logo for the group.
>>
>>9330866
Was this the UK maid cafe that gave someone food poisoning from thsee homemade bento?
>>
>>9331333
>>9335197
Bloodmyer strikes again
>>
>>9335197
Holy shit, details?
>>
File: 1424738767546.png (1B, 486x500px)
1424738767546.png
1B, 486x500px
The reason maid cafe's fail so hard in the west is because all the girls in them are weebs. The focus needs to be on the customer, not on yourself. Instead of hiring some obese weeb, try hiring some pretty girl that are just looking for fun work. It may not be their dream job, but at least the cafe might stand a chance.

I also think a butler cafe would take off better in the west considering western men hate cute shit.
>>
>>9331365
It's fucking Southern California, of course there's going to be a lot of Asians.
>>
>>9318338
I went to @home because the moe moe kyun is about the only cheer and happiness in my life
>>
>>9335197
Nope, p sure they get their catering done elsewhere. Give deets though!!
>>
I think it would be a nice idea to set up an English styled maid cafe with uniforms like this as well as maintaining the ediqutte but also having them sit and talk with you.
>>
>>9335676
>>9335428
>>9335217
Bloodmyer makes it all. Pretty sure at least one person has got food poisoning by now. Tbh I'd rather have tea and cake than a bento box of poison.
>>
>>9335594
but *only* asians?
come on anon. and this is coming from someone who lives in fucking koreatown
>>
File: aimymaid.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
aimymaid.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9335747
That sounds horrible and this is why maid cafes should to stick to simple desserts when they're not as big and well-established like some maid cafes in Japan would be.

Also does Ai My Maid also seem to exclusively hire Asian girls?
>>
>>9335785
probably. its not uncommon.
girl on the left is fucking goddess material who is she
>>
>>9335747
I don't think Bloodmyer is in that cafe though, it's based in manchester not Middlesborough
>>
There's a permanent maid cafe in Toronto. The food is pretty good, but desu I hate going because of how cringey it all is. I went once on "cosplay day' and and I've never experienced so much second hand embarrassment. I take myself way too seriously for that kinda stuff I think.
>>
>>9335847
How often do you go to it?
>>
>>9335839
Bloodmyer is their Maid Monokuro, aka. Split wig disaster. This is the Meian Maid cafe, I've only seen them about around Newcastle. They are known for Sunnycon, and events at Newcastle library.
>>
>>9335849
>I went once on "cosplay day'
>>
>>9307865
the girls are fucking retarded
>>
>>9335197
>>9335747
>>9335922
Bloodmyer/split wig disaster/Monokuro is in Meian which is based in Newcastle & Manchester. But she doesn't make any of the food.
They've only done 2 events so far, 1 in each city. I only went to their Newcastle event at Anime Attacks, and the only "homemade" food there was some cupcakes made by Maid Chiyo (which were actually delicious.) Everything else was shop bought tea & cakes iirc.
I can't speak for the Manchester event, but seeing as it was held in an actual cafe. I can't imagine they'd have been able to sell their own food there.

>Source: Their facebook page & attending an event

I am very curious to know about the food poisoning though. But concidering the amount of misinfo spewd I'm hard pressed to believe it.
>>
>>9335922
>>9336508
Forgot to add. But they can't be known for Sunnycon when they haven't done an event there, and aren't lined up for it either? Maid in Scotland are working Sunnycon this year.

>Polite sage for double post.
>>
>>9336508
.... How are they even allowed to bring in food they've made themselves? For our maid cafe, we had to upkeep our Food Vendor's license with the state. That's America, sure, but I can't imagine the UK being much different... There's still a tremendous liability issue. That someone somewhere got food poisoning at a maid cafe says it all!
>>
>>9335847
>Toronto

Uncle Testsu's? Damn they got some good puddings and cheesecakes. This is what I want to see with Maid Cafes is good affordable cafe desserts with above average service for a casual eatery
>>
>>9336539
From what I understood. The girl owns her own cake shop and the cafe bought a batch to be sold at the event as a "special homemade treat."
So yes they were made by the maid. But in a professional capacity as a caterer, making custom cakes for the event.

>Went to fact check my post to see the cafe recently shared a post about said cakes from the shop fb page.

I don't know anything about the inner workings of the cafe, so who's to say they don't have such licensing (or what ever the UK equivalent is) sorted?
I'm just defending the cafe from being thrown under a bus, because they're unfortunate enough to have the hot mess drama whore Bloodmyer involved.
>>
>>9336508
On monokuro's facebook she makes food for events. I dont think they post publicly about everything they do. Friends saw them at sunnycon. Not as a headline but just a stall.
>>
I wanted to join one but I have medical things that keep me from being able to stand long periods of time and I've heard you work 8+ hours at the cafes with no pay. Breaks are also interrupted and sometimes girls get sick from not having water/ breaks
>>
This is horrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNOyMyRnYyU
>>
>>9339747
Not horrible, just boring and awkward.
Which is pretty standard for a new cafe and kinda expected. There's much worse out there from cafes that have been going for a lot longer than the 6/7 months this one has.
>>
>>9339852
Are you one of the maids? Because that video is awful.
>>
>>9341966
probs cos bloodmyer put it together
>>
>>9319042
From what I've been to, Cure is nice. I went during their Love Live and OreImo promotions a few years back. It feels like a classy cafe with maids.
>>
>>9339445
I think that depends on the cafe. I know Maids of England pays per event and their maids seem to get breaks too. And obviously Japanese cafes also are paid with breaks.
>>
>>9329946
As performance organizer for a cafe for 2 years, we just did dancing because most people aren't trianed to dance and sing so it would've just been bad. I usually put together 3-4 songs for people to learn and we'd have set times when we were going to perform each day. It was fun but really annoying when people think they don't need to come to group practice and can learn all the songs in one or two days.
>>
>>9339747

Oh god, is that the group where they have light/dark side maids?
It just makes me think of Jedi versus Sith. Or weiss schwarz in maid form. This is the ultimate cringe,
>>
>>9328527
Jesup you'd think with a cafe that's trying so hard to appeal to tourists they would have more security for this kind of stuff. Of course this is Japan where no one wants to confront anyone about anything
>>
>>9342181
Maids of England's non-convention events are two slots each lasting a couple of hours with a break in between and a few cafes seem to be copying their format, so the long shifts wouldn't be an issue everywhere.
>>
>>9319018
>>9335691
Yes, I think this would be nice. It'd be a new idea but it won't be cringey cute and even non-weebs can enjoy the atmosphere.
>>
>>9342442
What other cafes do their own events? I'm not actually into the maid cafe stuff (I just had a friend who used to work in M.O.E) but I got the gist from my friend that the other cafes in UK only seem to do conventions.

>>9342620
Isn't the whole point of cringe cute maid cafes to appeal to weebs?
>>
>>9319018
Grannies and Normies would like it.
>>
>>9319018
I wish proper floor length or tea length maid dresses weren't either virtually nonexistent or incredibly expensive
>>
>>9339747
Was that filmed on a potato? Jesus.
>>
>>9342390
Why did they have to do this wierd weeaboo theme thing? Just run a maid cafe its not about your strange characters? It looks very embarassing. It wouldnt be too bad if they just cut the horrific 'characters' and axed the terrible looking 'dark side'.
>>
>>9342644
>Isn't the whole point of cringe cute maid cafes to appeal to weebs?

For the most part, yes, of course. But Victorian themed cafes would still hold the same elements of the standard kind just in a slightly more refined way.

>Video games changed to card games, and rock paper scissors
>You can still order by personality types
>Idol dancing and singing replaced with story telling, playing an instrument or reciting a poem.
>Or you can keep simple idol dancing.
>A maid sitting with you may be sewing something while she talks with you. If she finishes it, she'll give it to you. Or she'll keep working on it every time you visit until she finishes.
>Tea is served in nice teasets and food consists of tea sandwiches and pastries.

The more I type, the more I think the lolita crowd would get enjoyment out of this.
>>
>>9345370
I hope one day you own a cafe because I would fly to you just to throw money at this kind of place.
>>
>>9345370
There are a couple of victorian/edwardian themed cafes in the UK but off the top of my head I can't think of them.
They have historical steeings, traditional modest uniforms (think maids from Downton Abbey etc) and good traditional cakes. Obviously no cutesy maid service or card games, but they exist.

I've been to ones in Morpeth, Whitby and Blackpool afaik so maybe there's some in other places too
>>
>>9345370
HNNNGH. Too many critical hits! My wallet is exploding!
>>
>>9307865
I had Hitomi (middle girl) from @home cafe serve me once! She was a real professional, knew exactly how to handle that middle aged sperg that was sitting at the table next to mine. 10/10 would marry
>>
File: a2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
a2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9345259
I agree and I think that if one wants to run a maid cafe, they should first prioritise good customer service and food, not some silly personas.
>>
File: f559f390565ceb.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
f559f390565ceb.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9345798
Sorry for being a noob but is Hitomi the face of @home cafe or just very popular? I remember seeing her name a couple of times and that's her posing with Misako, right?
>>
>>9345370
I wanted a classy and relaxing café in my area, thank you for ideas! I want to make this happen!!!
>>
>>9345813
She's KINDA the face of @home café. It just so happens that she's reached the highest rank within @home.She's also the maid with the best English speaking skills (Even though this doesn't say much). But she's the one travelling around the world when there's an international @home booking

So more of a promotional face rather than an actual official face. But they mix together in the end
>>
File: curemaid.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
curemaid.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9345370
Anon you really sold this idea to me. I really want to have a maid cafe like that in my area instead of the typical cringy weeb cafes.
>>
>>9345370
To be honest you've just identified it yourself - cringe cute maid cafes appeal to the hardcore otaku type, whereas refined and traditional maid cafes would appeal to more normies and lolitas.

My point is that cringe cute cafes aren't necessarily a bad thing - they attract a different type of customer base, but they're customers nonetheless.

Your cafe idea sounds good though!
>>
>>9335747
She gave food poisoning to people in lolita events not Maid ones. Thats the confusion here. They dont let her touch the food in the maid cafe.
>>
>>9345370
Gosh I need this now
http://www.alexanderpalace.org/waitress/up-to-date-waitress-preface
>>
File: 1464138959837.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1464138959837.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>9345370
>>A maid sitting with you may be sewing something while she talks with you. If she finishes it, she'll give it to you. Or she'll keep working on it every time you visit until she finishes.
That made my heart skip a beat. So cute
>>
>>9345388
Never worked in the service industry, just over the phone customer service and sales so I doubt I'd be qualified. At most, I could train the maids on how to handle customers socially and teach them how to get customers to buy extra stuff. Would be cute to have a gift shop where you could sell
>Journals/diary entries signed by the girls/boys
>Embroidery, scarfs, and things the maids have made.
>Maids that aren't able to make things can still try, and act embarrassed over their crap which should hopefully be endearing to some customers to buy anyway.
>Books the girls have read. Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Pride and Predictable, Ladies' guide pamplet, Gentleman's guide pamplet, etc.
>Keychains, stickers, prints, posters
>Signed bonnet or tie

But then, I fear some people may become obsessed with a maid or butler and result to stalking due to these little things. Also the staff themselves would have pressure to keep this up. I'd hope it would be something fun for them but you know how employees can be, especially here in America.

>>9345708
Would love to visit Europe again to find these places.

>>9345828
Please do and tell me where. Right now it's just wishful thinking and daydreaming but if this sparks in anyone who has experience and can try, I'd visit in a heartbeat.
>>9345943
>that image
All my yes
>>9346035
Yea, normies, lolitas, and sprinkle of weebs. This kind of place would probably have less teens too, or better behaved ones. Maybe. I hope.
>>9346291
I need more websites like this, they are fun to read.
>>
>>9345943
>recruiting students from local classical music conservatories
They don't have to even serve as maid, just play short pieces of music! All of my want!
>>9345828
I have a wallet full of money ready to hurl in your general direction.
>>
>>9345813
As I understand it, she was the first Maid to really gain popularity or any fame at all as a Maid personality.
>>
>>9335790
Maid Momo
>>
File: youtried.jpg (62KB, 1137x640px)
youtried.jpg
62KB, 1137x640px
One of my friends took me to a Peachy Maid Cafe event around this time last year.. they seem to be a popup cafe.
The event was decent, some of the girls were cute, and the deserts were home made and tasty. They had milk tea as well, which surprised me. Cafe was small and kinda dingy, but it worked well enough for being inside a run down looking mall.
Haven't been to an event since, and from what I can tell on their social media pages.. they aren't improving much. Hopefully they get consistent uniforms because the quality just keeps downgrading.
>>
>>9347057
She the head maid and essentially manager of @home. She actually has a role in the company, so she's essentially the face of and also works with the CEO etc.
>>
What do you guys think about cosplay or themed cafes? Are there examples of any good ones?
>>
>>9308623
ugh the one on the right's hair...
>>
Things I hate in a cafe:

>bad over priced food (don't bother if they aren't Uncle Tetsu tier at the very least)
>non-asian maids
>ugly maids
>slutty, cheap, costumes
>cheap run-down establishment
>awkward hostesses

Things I like in a cafe:

>dessert, coffee that is good and affordable
>asian qts (bonus points if they're just here for work/school)
>good costumes
>nice cafe in a nice location
>personable, graceful, charismatic hostesses
>>
>>9352002
>non-asian maids
why
>>
File: 183ng1v9rs79gjpg.jpg (69KB, 800x450px)
183ng1v9rs79gjpg.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
>>9351565
I would love to see more well done themed maid cafes. What if there was a magical girl maid cafe where at a certain time of the day maids would say something cheesy like "Maid Henshin Time!" and they would perform a small dance together for the guests.
But yes, kind of curious what sort of themes people could come up with as I'm not an idea person.
Also this zombie maid cafe looks interesting though it would only work best in October.
>>
>>9352002
>non-asian maids
>ugly maids
So basically any maids at all.
>>
>>9352448
>3DPG
>>
>>9351565
>>9352439
>What if there was a magical girl maid cafe where at a certain time of the day maids would say something cheesy like "Maid Henshin Time!" and they would perform a small dance together for the guests.
And their uniform should be able to transform into magical-girl maids and they'd stay in their transformed dress for an hour or two before changing back to their normal uniform. That'd be cute
>>
>>9352476
Something like this would be awesome https://youtu.be/9R2SHKtRBYg
>>
>>9352476
>>9352512
Like this!
>>
>>9309693
beck :3
>>
>>9352512
>>9352612
YESSSSSS just like that
>>
File: IMG_0637.jpg (64KB, 300x400px)
IMG_0637.jpg
64KB, 300x400px
My maid costume is coming in the mail (pic related) I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on what kind of shoes to wear besides heels. I'm doing a small maid cafe for my school and will be doing a lot of walking so heels are not an option.

Also I was wondering what is a safe kind of tea to purchase to serve at mad cafes? We have green tea and a few others but can anyone recommend some other safe options that would be nice. Price isn't an issue the school is paying for pretty much everything.
>>
>>9362462
Whatever varieties of tea you would typically find at a gas station or another type of tea kiosk, just from a better-quality brand, are probably the safest.
>>
>>9362462
Earl grey, camoille and white tea would be nice too
>>
>>9362462
make sure you have decaffinated tea. and that sounds like a lot of fun, I wish my weeb self went to your school lol.
>>
>>9362470
>>9362820
>>9362929

Thank you guys for the suggestions, I think we have on decaffeinated tea on the menu but it isn't very good, so I'll get some more. I put in orders for white and and earl grey as well.

Thanks again!
>>
>>9335594
Maybe if it were in West coast Canada but SoCal has more latinas than asians come on
>>
>>9352612
Why did you have to post this gif now I'm sad
>>
File: tumblr_n65jccBG4O1tuveo6o2_500.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n65jccBG4O1tuveo6o2_500.gif
1MB, 500x278px
>>9364192
Watch this and we can cry together
http://ryuchan11.tumblr.com/post/143080439284/the-moment-that-literally-break-my-heart

>Have a gif of maid Kotori/Ucchi & Honoka/Emitsun to stay on topic.
>>
File: tumblr_n65hhaVrF71tuveo6o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n65hhaVrF71tuveo6o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x278px
>>9364227
Woops, forgot to mention Maki/Pile too.
Have one from her gif set too.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.