[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Scripted" Cosplay positivity??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
index.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Hey guys, so what does everyone think about these 'popular' cosplayers who are just so over the top fake with replies on tumblr and stuff promoting positivity and acceptance within the community and among your peers; but then at the same time talk maliciously on other more private social medias like twitter and stuff. Doesnt it lower the perception of the whole community when those with larger followings use their status to fuel drama and attack people, then turn around and play victim because they're 'oh so nice'?
>>
Because women
>>
It's because they have a popular persona to uphold and if most people knew how negative of a person they actually are and how shitty they treat people who actually get to know them, then no one would actually like them. You can tell the people who are like this because they burn through their friend groups and tend to flock with others similar to themselves. No one can speak out against them if they've been burned by them unless they want the drama to continue in their lives because of the popularity of these kinds of cosplayers and willingness of people to defend them and take their side. It's disgusting, but cosplay is a community filled with narcissists. I don't think most people realize how toxic the community actually is though unless they've seen it happen for themselves.
>>
Is there any proof of two faced behavior or is this just wild speculation these are the same people?
>>
>>9305186
I feel like this sums up a lot of "popular" cosplayers pretty well. They are actually quite horrible people who have self esteem issues and hide it behind photoshopped images of themselves that they sell on their patreons.
>>
They think that if they pander to ugly cosplayers about "cos-positivity" they'll get more likes. We all know it's bullshit and you're just as caddy behind closed doors as every other cosplayer.
>>
Oh this is hilarious. I actually just saw a cosplayer whos doing a positivity challenge on instagram but on their twitter they were talking so much crap about some other cosplayer. It was so two-faced and entertaining
>>
>>9305849
There's a *challenge* for this? Like its a thing people are doing to produce content? Why not just post more boobs? You'll get more likes that way.
>>
>>9305859

Yeah its like, post x on day 1, x on day 2. This one is all about enjoying your past year & just a cluster-fluff of scripted crap so people thing this cosplayer is rooting for them. But then on their twitter they're running their mouth throwing anonymous shade towards another cosplay with friends contributing lol
>>
>>9304963
I mean, of course they do this. They have to make sure they maintain their popularity and nobody is going to support someone that's an egomaniac and a megabitch. I feel like most people have to know it's a facade but it seems to work.
>>
>>9305887
Do you have screenshots? Why not post them here or create a separate account to call them out?
>>
>>9305887

I think i know who you're talking about. If im right I think one of this girls friends has actually been brought up on this forum before for being snobby irl and fake too so this isnt much of a surprise that their circle is all like that.
>>
Ive seen a few times where a cosplayer with a bigger following low-key sends their minions after someone. Its worse when they try to say they never meant for anyone to attack said person but all but delivered them on a plate to the masses
>>
>>9305186
This.
I've dated a cosplayer. Once we broke up, all of our mutual friends flocked to them instead, because "poor me, the victim".
Cannot enjoy cons without the posse of their fans giving me dirty looks.
Never again.
>>
>>9305859
Boobs nets you thirsty neckbeard likes, but being 'nice' and 'inspirational' nets you a better standing in the cosplay community at large. And while neckbeards may pay the bills in the moment, you need connections with the community to stay afloat over a longer period of time. If your current fans move on to fresh meat and you have no connections that help you acquire new fans then your cosplay career is going to be rather short lived.
>>
>>9306027
Oh man, exactly the same situation here.

Mine is pretty well known and the shit she's spewed about me has gotten around a lot too, so I've had to deal with people's total bullshit preconceptions of me.
>>
Misa on wheels sounds extremely fake.
>>
>>9305849
You can't just leave us hanging, who is it?
>>
>>9306246
Agreed, same goes for anyone who shares her posts, my eyes could not roll any further back every time
>>
>>9306233
Mfw people have to learn to keep their affairs private and not air it out onto social media. Smh.
It could've ended with no beef or drama, but noooope. Had to get the followers involved. Ggwp.
>>
Speaking of cospositivity, anyone catch the stolen Mimikyu gijinka design drama today?
>>
>>9317588
No, recap?
>>
>>9317683
Somebohy stole Mimikyu gijinka design
>>
>>9305211
1000% confirmed. Was best friends with a popular cosplayer (nice body) who would make fat jokes about anyone else wearing the same costume as her once we were in private, away from the peons.
>>
>>9305893
you'd think that but a surprising amount of fans truly believe their popular cosplayer hero is down-to-earth and basically a saint from just talking to them for 2 minutes. usually this exchange occurs over them buying something from them. of course they're being nice, dumbass
>>
>>9317683
Mangosirene accused Jinxkittie of stealing her Mimikyu gjinka cosplay design and basically harassed her until she gave her credit. Even though there have been several Mimikyu cosplays before Mango's made similarly and Jinx even stated that she did not steal her design and had drawn it up herself, but she gave Mango credit just to get her to leave her the fuck alone.
>>
>>9317904
So this is who byndo was bitching about. Funny story tho byndo has had designs legit stolen from baby cosplayers especially her shygirl and the only reason I bet that this was thrown out if proportion is that this girl was cuter than mango. Mango looks like an old woman and this girl is actually pretty. And the gijinka has been used all over the damn place hell I know a girl who just made the same outfit for magfest. Like give me a break who cares for all we know mango saw the design from a real fan artist and stole it herself. Cosplay girls are catty and all about 'the art' but half of them steal their 'designs' throwing it all put of proportion all over twitter and fb was really uncalled for. Message ppl privately for gods sake
>>
>>9318924
Even if people don't have their page PMs open, people are easy to track down via FB. Send a message to their personal, surely something as serious as copyright infringement is a justifies it, right? Oh wait...
>>
>>9318924
Byndo really isn't in a position to be complaining here with the amount of boudoir bs she's peddling.
>>
>>9317904
Vertvixen did exactly the same to a Spanish cosplayer a while back and spammed her social media accusing her of stealing a design done by VV's boyfriend. Except the Spanish cosplayer had never heard of VV before.
>>
>>9317855
This is definitely Chikkupea
>>
Fuck 'em
/thread
>>
I've noticed that the people who write the most cosplay positive stuff are the cattiest bitches behind their facade. They probably need to cover their tracks and keep their fanbase intact because why would someone writing such nice things be a bad person?! I swear I've seen so many people who talk shit about others all the time cough up clichéd cosplay positivity posts about how anyone should be able to cosplay whatever they want and winning isn't the most important thing at a contest. When just a moment ago behind the scenes they were making fun of someone for being too fat/ugly/not skilled enough and throwing a fit for not winning at a cosplay competition. It's always so tacky too because the posts are filled with corny, obviously calculated thoughts.
>>
File: shrug.png (1B, 486x500px)
shrug.png
1B, 486x500px
>"You mean people actually say things they don't really mean or follow in order to look good and boost their self-centered interests?"
>>
>>9306246
She has a sex negative attitude and she did a really negative post about big boobs a while back that was the last cause for me. Even now she seems extremely bitter towards women that do sexy cosplays.
>>
>>9320035
>>9306246
One of the posts on her page is whining about how apparently "cosplay is turning into a beauty contest, people judge you if you don't look like a Victoria's Secret model!" Definitely the type to think that "real women!" are only women with average bodies.
All her posts are really obnoxious and her entire page just looks like an "inspirational quotes" generator (where she quotes herself, no less).
>>
>>9319617
Nope, this cosplayer is much bigger than that. You'd probably never know because they are one of the biggest "fake positivity" peddlers on the internet
>>
>>9306246
I don't trust anyone who quotes themselves.
>>
>>9318924
Yeah, everyone seems to steal designs from everybody else. It's a lost cause at this point. It would suck to have work stolen but with cosplay you can't really control it. People see work that they like and they replicate it. The bigger the cosplayer, the more drama will get stirred up if they even just think that someone copied their work
>>
>>9306246
I was actually going to say the same. The amount of self-quoting that happens is really telling. While I want to believe "popular but actually nice" people exist in cosplay, I just can't.

That and in a way it still seems like she's play the "Look at me, I'm a disabled cosplayer" card for attention instead of "I'm cosplaying because I love it, regardless of any disabilities." Old and tired card. We get it.
>>
This is why I am an upfront jerk instead.

That's also why I probably have actual friends that stick around.

Also, I am not female. So that helps.
>>
>>9317904
I feel like mangosirene does this all the time. She has her head so far up her ass and refuses to see that in a niche cosplay community, originality doesn't necessarily exist lol. She'll copy someone's designs and then flip out for someone "copying her."
It's so cringe, considering she sends her friends after people, too. Keeping up the fake nice image and all that.
Never mind the fact that she brownfaces for cosplay.
>>
>>9320814
>Never mind the fact that she brownfaces for cosplay.
Oh you're one of those people
>>
>>9320814
Is mangosirene the same person who made that Glaceon design or something that someone made a big post about not cosplaying first before they do?
>>
>>9320791
Are you purposely being edgy and a jerk or is that your natural state of being? You keep doing your thing whatever it is.

I don't think it much matters "what" your true personality is, just consistency. That way people know exactly what they are getting from day one.
>>
>>9320753
Is it Mangosirene? :^)
>>
Lisa Lou Who I've heard is really like this. She seems to be sweet on certain social medias, but on her twitter she seems the total opposite. I've also heard things floating around that she's a bully too, which wouldn't surprise me as a lot of big name cosplayers seem to hold this two-faced nature.
>>
Mango is a bully with an ego bigger than all of them desu. She thinks every single thing other cosplayers do is a copy of her basic af "designs". Shes just pissed Jinx looked much better and used better materials while her minikyuu looked like a cheap kigurumi knockoff. But shes always tweeting shit about people, claiming shes against witchhunts, but privately giving out usernames to anyone who asks. Happy Cosplay my ass lol only the naive newbie cosplayers actually buy in to her.
>>
>>9324141
Does* btw not desu what the hell phone
>>
>>9321847
Not her, but one of my hotel mates at ALA a couple years ago invited her and her friends to change into costume in our room. They threw their bags on top of our things (breaking a prop that belonged to one of my friends - it buckled under the weight of their snacks or something) and looked at us like we were encroaching on their space when it was the exact opposite. Sorry, if we pay to stay in the room then we're allowed to be there.
>>
>>9324090
Yeah she bullied some girl who got raped and said she made it up but deserved to be gangbanged by homeless blacks if it was true and put the girl on suicide watch
>>
>>9324781
>>9324090
Any sources? Google only shows pseudo famous person syndrome.
>>
>>9324141
THIS DESU
>>
>>9325222
The desu was stated to be a typo but i lol'd anyway. Either way i agree about mango shes awful on so many levels. Its crazy how blind her followers are when its right in front of them.
>>
Are there any cosplayers that aren't fake? Let's be honest, nobody is going to openly talk shit about someone that they don't like. Cospositivity is big because it looks good and gives people brownie points. People are going to be nice in public because they have a following but they're still people at the end of the day and an internet persona is just that - a persona. I can't think of one cosplayer that hasn't talked shit about someone else.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is being delusional. I'm not defending it but it's silly to act like it's so surprising or screwed up. People are assholes, popular cosplayers or not
>>
I had an epiphany at 4 am during a thunderstorm last night: all fat cosplayers are Kirby! They absorb the character they are trying to be!
It all makes sense now!
I am FREE!
>>
>>9305849
>>9305859
>>9305887
The Night Eyes' (cosplay) Positivity challenge? That was a ott. She definitely went off on her twitter about >>9317588 >>9317904
because she's friends with Mangosirene. Night Eyes' account is a roller coaster. I'd screencap those comments but she posts quite often so it's buried a ways back in there.
>>
>>9325291
There's a LOT of cosplayers that aren't fake.
>>
>>9325372
Holy shit anon, I will never be able to see it any other way now!
>>
>>9325415
Ugh this girl is a mess. Nice one minute, disgusting tmi the next, then attacking someone after that. Idk why she made a private twitter if she was just going to post her personal shit all over her cosplay twitter. Like anyone else wants to hear you have diarrhea because of youre new diet
>>
>>9325425
Name one
>>
>>9325727
One? Oh okay. Becky
>>
>>9317904
>>9318924
gjinka stuff is pretty dime a dozen. Hell after Jnigs did the Umbreon and Espeon shit 90 percent of the ones i've seen since are the same dancer aesthetic, not to say they've stolen a design but i guess some people like some designs more than others.
>>
>>9326454
You can only do so many different designs for pokemon. I dont know why it has to be a big deal of "thats my generic design how dare you" really its just a hooded dress for a hooded pokemon so it isnt all that original desu. And there arent any cosplayers who dont talk some kind of shit just as there arent any people outside the community who dont. Everyone has at least 1 person they hate
>>
>>9326471
This fucking desu typo i swear to god. You use it ironically one time and after that you phone never gives it up.
>>
>>9326474
It's a word filter, fyi. Turns t b h into desu, fampai.
>>
>>9326474
It is okay to use it desu
>>
>>9326430
who the hell is Becky?
>>
>>9326494
You are amazing i had no idea.
>>
>>9325291
>.
Not saying there aren't but why have a cosplay twitter where you act like an ultra bitch and then everywhere else you're Uber sickening sweet. Make a fucking private account if you wanna be a snarky asshole for Christ's sake not even hard
>>
>>9326674
One of my good friends who has been making her own costumes and cosplaying at cons for years.
>>
>>9326901
You would think the private twitter thing would be common knowledge but if they used them how would hundreds of people know their life drama and give them all that sympathy attention? I know of a cosplayer that specifically made a new twitter to be her public cosplay one and left the original one as a private twitter, but she continues to use her public one to bitch about other cosplayers and whine about her life and problems.
>>
>>9327112
I...don't think that really counts.
>>
>>9327866
Why not?
>>
>>9327866
Well your thoughts are wrong.
>>
>>9305186
>>9305849
I'm oddly relieved that other people are experiencing this shit. I already posted about this elsewhere but one of the bitchiest people I've ever had to meet has this sweet persona built up and it drives me crazy seeing her get praise for it. It almost seems sociopathic
>>
>>9328106
>>9328107
I was pretty sure this was about popular cosplayers.
>>
>>9325291
I've met several popular cosplayers who aren't fake, they just aren't perfect. You are allowed to be nice to people but then also have negative opinions about things. I've met some really obnoxious aspies who wanted to talk to me at cons because I was cosplaying from their favorite series or whatever, and I was nice to their face despite the fact that I REALLY did not want to talk to that person. That doesn't make me fake, it makes me kind. I imagine a lot of cosplayers described as "fake" are probably "guilty" of the same thing, which is to say they aren't guilty, just human beings.
>>
>>9328373
That's pretty much what I mean. Of course they're nice in public, it's just being polite. That doesn't mean they can't have opinions or bad days or be critical of the community.
>>
>>9320765
This is so true. People at least should credit what influenced them.
>>
>>9328373
>>9328391
The issue isnt really if theyre nice in public when they dont want to be. I think the issue comes more from someone on Instagram saying super nice and supportive messages, or answering a message on Tumblr in a positive way. Then going to twitter and bashing that person where they thousands of public followers can see. Disliking someone/something and even voicing that is only human, but to show your negative colors publicly and bash or shame someone then try to act like youre a shining light in the community of accepting one another is where people get mad.
>>
>>9328214
Nope, it was just about cosplayers. Popularity was never mentioned as a factor.
>>
>>9328397
You mean the anime/comic/film/show that the character/costume came from?
>>
>>9328408
Actually, the revealing of the true face begins the moment the interaction does. They write overly sweet and positive posts on Facebook and upload videos to Youtube where they're all smiles, sugar and sunshine. Then someone sends them an ask on Tumblr or replies to them on Twitter and they turn into passive-aggressive, catty bitches unless the person is glorifying them.
>>
>>9328513
No. Things like patterns, artwork, tutorials, etc if they were originally done by someone else and was copied or tweaked
>>
>>9328597
I agree with this, to a point. Real life, and cosplay as an extension, isn't like an English class paper. Specific patterns, artwork, and tutorials should be mentioned or cited, but it's unnecessary to list where you learned to sew a pair of pants. That's pretty much common knowledge. If the tutorial was followed exactly or only tweaked slightly, it should definitely be cited. However, I don't think every cosplayer should need to mention Kamui every time Worbla is used. Unless a specific technique is patented or copyrighted, it will eventually fade in to the greater pool of common resources. Sucks, but that's the way it works. Think Katie Blair's wig tutorials.
>>
>>9328413
check
>>9304963
>Hey guys, so what does everyone think about these 'popular' cosplayers who are just so over the top fake
>these 'popular' cosplayers
>popular
>>
>>9328689
This isn't rocket science. You watch an anime or read a comic and make the costume based off what you see. It's simple, but not easy.
>>
>>9328950
I wasn't responding to that post. I was responding to:>>9325291
with>>9325425
And then to >>9325727

Again, popularity was never mentioned.
>>
>>9306233
Exactly what happened to me as well. She absolutely destroyed our shared friend circles and cosplay groups with horrible lies and playing the victim (after she physically and emotionally abused me for almost 4 years). It got bad enough where a group of new cosplay friends I'd made who had mutual friends with her believed her lies outright and had no idea about the situation until almost a whole year and a half after we'd started hanging out.

Don't date cosplayers. Especially not the kind that actively cultivate their online presence and have these fake ass kinds of "positive" personas.
>>
>>9319617
Share your chikkupea dirt, anon. You got me curious now.
>>
>>9330388
Not that anon, but she's just talked shit about people's skill levels in cosplay and dance on her personal account for years. She's like the anon that always fucks up threads complaining about Princess Tutu ballet form but on steroids and semi-public. Makes fun of fat people and a ton of dancers, even ones that are supposedly her friend. Criticizes people for not using only brand name materials (ie Swarovski instead of generic rhinestones) when her parents pay for everything and her mom is a seamstress who provides nice machines and a serger. She's basically incredibly immature, even for underage bait.
Her friend Crispyshoujo is more into cosplay positivity stuff but was in some shit a while ago because she was physically pushing people in gathering shoots to get in the front of the picture and do the splits and also makes fun of fat people along with Chikkupea. Their whole group is a bunch of entitled teenagers from what I've seen of them.
>>
>>9328689
Completely agree. I was talking more along the lines of people who clearly followed a tutorial or pattern by someone else to a T or with little tweaks and giving zero credit
>>
>>9330536
Seriously! I had no clue who she was so I looked her up. Her princess tutu looks like crap and she is not a very good dancer based on the photos. She has no right to talk that way about others.
>>
>>9330536
Kind of funny for Crispyshoujo to be making fun of fatties cause she looks like one herself, but whatever.
>>
So is this the Arizona cosplay scene, or is this problem nationwide? This sounds like AZ.
>>
>>9336694
Not an az cosplayer but I followed enough of them for a while where it seems like a problem there.
>>
>>9320848
underrated comment.

literally just be yourself, anons.
>>
Some people are fake because they are IRL not nice people and need to seem attractive in some way to others. Let's face it, you don't get fans by being a dick.

Other people though I think are just doing the 'fake it til you make it'. They might know they're a nasty person and want to change, faking it til you make it is the way to do that.

You get this everywhere, not just cosplay. Gotta just give people a chance and make your own judgement. Fake people are as old as time itself.
>>
>>9305074
No other answer will ever be as good as this one.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
cringe.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>9336694
Here is a good example that drama is everywhere! Not a single person mentioned so far is from AZ
>>
>>9343222
What does this even mean
>>
>>9346836
Every "big" cosplayer from Nigri's original girl group (that still cosplays) is two faced and a fake positivity peddler. I agree that drama is everywhere but AZ has some of the worst offenders out there.
>>
>>9329208
>Especially not the kind that actively cultivate their online presence and have these fake ass kinds of "positive" personas.

Don't date people like that period. That's your problem. Don't date the person obsessed with the likes their selfie got, how much they spent on a piece of clothing, what the latest hollywood gossip is, never leaves the house w/o an entire facefull of make up, or talks shit about people who are supposed to be their friends.

Boys and girls who do this shit are shallow fucks and not to be trusted with your feelings. Doesn't matter what their hobbies are, don't date them when you find them.
>>
Down here in Florida, raeven khuon aka Rae Kay cosplay. We were bros but his head got big after all the thirsty teenage girls came after him cause he's asian. He used to be cool to hang with but he's a douche now. Super artificial. Likes to preach about positivity but he stabs you in the back. Little vicious liar.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.