[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 cgl Goals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 16

File: 1444520505540.gif (658KB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
1444520505540.gif
658KB, 280x212px
It's getting towards the end of the year, so what are your /cgl/ related goals for 2017? It's time to start thinking about them New Years resolutions.
>>
Push my sewing to new levels.
I keep choosing costumes I know I can make, not ones I know will challenge me, and make pieces that I know would stump everyone in my local communities. No one here cares about detail, it's all about gimmicks and stunts here so I want to mix it up with quality sewing.
>>
Actually make a decent full cosplay. I made one this year, and its awful, I have to redo at least 50% of it. My goal is to make a cosplay that I can actually show off.
>>
To actually wear lolita and attend a meetup. I haven't world lolita since December 2015. Part of not dressing up was because I've been busy with uni so I haven't had time, another is that i've been spending a lot of money to make my everyday wardrobe a lot nicer, but the biggest part is that I lost inspiration and realized that I didn't like any of my past coords, except for maybe 2.
Luckily, I kind of went back to my "roots" in a sense. I went through photos/films/video/music that got me into lolita fashion and then asked myself what aesthetic, look and feel makes me feel good about myself. It actually really helped and I know what I actually want coords to look like.
I guess in a way it did resolve my 2015 resolution because I said I wanted to give direction to both my lolita and everyday clothes (university clothes), I just never realized it would be so hard and almost disheartening in a way.
/blogpost
>>
I want to get back into cosplay. It was one of the things that helped me cope with my depression and social anxiety while making me care more about my appearance and body. I had to sell all my things for a move (goodbye gym motivation) and I haven't tried to get back into it yet, but I'm hoping to start small with Taobao cosplays to get myself out there again!
>>
-wear lolita at least 4 times a week
-get down from 110 lbs to 90 lbs at 5'4
-post to CoF more often
-complete a wardrobe post before the end of January
-improve sewing skills
>>
2016 was a big year of improvement for me. I entered my first contest this year, and even won which was really cool. But I'd still consider myself only mediocre or intermediate for sewing. I really want to push my skills. I'm competing at ALA and really want to bring some good stuff to the competition, I dont care if I win so much as if I'm proud of how far I've come in comparison.

I also want to get fluent in Japanese this year since I'm moving there in March. And hopefully make a few good costumes to bring with me so I can try to make it to comeket.
>>
>>9297118
>get down from 110 lbs to 90 lbs at 5'4
Anon, I'm 4'11 and 90 lbs, and that's considered underweight on BMI. Are you sure about this?
>>
File: BMI-chart.jpg (103KB, 700x502px) Image search: [Google]
BMI-chart.jpg
103KB, 700x502px
>>9297118
>-get down from 110 lbs to 90 lbs at 5'4
Thats literally off the charts.
That does not sound good.
>>
>>9297127
>>9297139
yeah, i'm on the lower end of healthy. i used to be about 85 lbs because i just didn't care about food and forgot to eat, but after being pressured constantly to eat i'm up to this weight. i think i'll be happier in the body that i'm most used to. i'm not about to starve myself, but maybe get out to exercise more and eat with more quality.

sage for blogpost
>>
>>9297120
hi sweater-anon B]

ugh, I want to start producing more cosplay content on social media, and I want to find more costumes I'm interested in making that will challenge me and expand my skillset.
>>
I want to make it to some cons and events this year and rebuild my wardrobe (sold off most of it, switched styles, moved abroad this year.) I'd like to wear lolita more and actually have a presence in the online community, too.
>>
-Get back into the gym. I fell off the wagon pretty hardcore this year and haven't lifted a single weight since september, and only run once or twice a week tops. I wanna take it slow so start off by getting my running schedule back up, and then gradually adding in lifting days.
-Gradually decrease calories, at least until I start lifting again and then I can maybe give myself a little more leeway.
-Make a capsule wardrobe for my casual jfash/fun clothes, and beef up my professional wardrobe. Try to buy more pieces that can fit in both categories.
-Make prototypes of all my resin jewelry ideas and start selling pieces that turn out well.
-Budget and plan my purchases better instead of buying shit willynilly as soon as I have money put away for bills. I want to start and maintain a "to buy" list.
-Add some more stuff to my skin care regime. I should start some anti-aging products.
-Cut off dead hair and get regular trims so I can grow it long and healthy instead of long and scraggly.
-MAYBE start using contacts and false eyelashes....idk if I'm into it or not.
>>
File: 234657568568648.jpg (39KB, 619x432px) Image search: [Google]
234657568568648.jpg
39KB, 619x432px
>>9297232
>>
>>9297232
If you exercise to build more muscle mass, you may still have a similar shape body as you used to, but not be such an unhealthy weight. I'm the same size as one of my friends apart from my shoulders and upper arms - but there's 15lb between us.
>>
>>9297232
You like Eugenia Cooney, don't you.
>>
Actually take the time to make a competition quality costume. I know I have the skills but I always leave myself with no time.
>>
>>9297048
Actually attend my comm's meetups. I don't think I attended a single one this year
Also buy less makeup and lolita and be more concious with what lolita pieces i buy so they're cohesive
>>
I've been building muscle tone so I wanna bulk a bit more then cosplay Angel Dust from the Deadpool movie.
>>
To wear more cute clothes and to keep my belly flat enough to fit the skirts. Whilst I'm "skinny" I've sometimes not eaten as sensibly and gained a mini pot belly in the past which means some brand skirts don't fit me.
>>
To stay under 135 even during vacation of holiday times. To go from 133 under 130, then finally reach at least 120 this year. To add at least 10 more main pieces so I'm at least at 40, but no more than 12, and nothing like the 35 I got this year. I am hopeful I'll find the two major dream main pieces I'm missing. Get the blouses I'm missing from my wardrobe. Get better at makeup and invest more in a greater eyeshadow diversity.
>>
I'm planning to work at a con and wear gyaru in a fashion show, those are both firsts for me! The second is kind of terrifying but I'm going to wear amekaji style because it's a lot easier for me to feel comfy and confident in that than in a skintight dress with half my arse hanging out. Not that that's a big deal usually because I'm pretty relaxed about how other people see me, but it's a big deal if I'm going up on stage with photographers and stuff.
>>
I want to build a cohesive, everyday Lolita wardrobe and actually wear it outside my house instead of just buying things that catch my interest and are cheap on LM and admiring them in my house
>>
Sew nicer things. Take the risk use nice materials. Stop with the broad cloth
Up my costuming until I'm one best in the group. Stop being satisfied with not being the worst.
Put on about 15lbs of muscle, drop that in fat.
>>
>>9297048
Rather than dieting, my goal is to actually stick to an exercise routine. Once I have that going then I'll see if I actually need to cut calories.

Also get out of the house and do stuff more, go to more cons and concerts even if they're an hour drive. The last 3 weekends I've just stayed home apart from short errands.
>>
>>9297048
Keep up with my workout regiment
Attend more local cosplay meetups
Improve my make-up skills
Work on updating some parts of my cosplays from this year
>>
-Lose about twenty pounds over the course of the year. I'm at a healthy weight right now and don't want to starve myself or anything, but I'd like to get slimmer and look nicer in photos.
-Finish the four or five costumes I have lying around half completed.
-Get better at posing in both cosplay and lolita.
-Get a better skin care regimen going.
-Sell what I don't wear in my lolita wardrobe and bulk up on the items I need more of like blouses and hair accessories.
-Maybe finally try otome like I've been wanting to for a while.
-Be more active in both cosplay and lolita communities, in person and online, and try to make more friends.
-Make time to sew or craft at least twice a week, even if it's just on the weekends for a few hours.
>>
>Hit 125-130 (down from 135 at 5'6). I have a wide frame with big hips and I've lost a lot already so I don't have too low of a goal weight but I'd like to get a completely flat stomach.
>Finish all my cosplans and make some spontaneous side costumes just for fun! Don't feel bad about doing flavor of the month shit nor old dead franchises. Just do what I want.
>Up my wig styling game. Add the damn ahoges to the wigs that need them.
>Don't feel bad about doing costumes on my own instead of in big groups.
>Have some damn self confidence.
>>
-actually go to the gym regularly and work on achieving a flat stomach.
-make a cosplay I'm confident enough in to enter a masquerade/cosplay contest. (Winning anything might have to be a 2018 goal)
-2-3 full coords and maybe attend a comm meet.

These seem all over the board now that I see them written out like this, wish me luck, gulls.
>>
Fall further into the money suck that is itabags and finish the two that I've started.
>>
I'm planning to change my diet to improve my skin, and get better at hair and makeup so I look better in lolita.
>>
>>9297048
Loose the weight I gained coming off prozac.
Clean up diet.
Build up mori girl wardrobe.
>>
Die
>>
- put together and wear my first lolita coord
- finally finish a certain cosplay
- go to the gym regularly to lose the little pot belly i've gained in the last few months
- after that do a pin-up photoshooting (either Sakizou style or 50s pin-up style)
>>
- Get down to 110 from 117
- Wear more of my jfash wardrobes on weekends at the least
- Learn how to properly do makeup so I can actually start posting coords for crit
- Knock off at least 2 dresses from wishlist by end of February if not earlier
- Bulk up lolita/otome wardrobe with more blouses, shoes and accessories
>>
join more group cosplays, lose weight {waiting on some medical results}, have fun
>>
>>9297232
Anon, people asked you to eat more and put on weight for a reason. You would probably be happier if instead of focusing so much on being thinner, you focused more on liking yourself for how you are now. Why does you weight need to factor into what you like about yourself. That's really not a healthy mindset to be in at all. Exercising and eating healthy are a good way to go about it though. If you eat healthy and exercise, your body is healthy, and you are ultimately happier. Please focus on being healthy instead of being thinner.
>>
>all of the weight loss-chans here

I am currently at about 130 lbs at 5'5" with a 28" waist, I'd like to get down into the mid 120s lbs and lose a bit more off of my waist.

I would like to work on my mental health more, have better control on my bipolar II. Adding a new medication really helped! I'm getting better and better.

I'm also working on make-up, I want to get more liquid lipsticks and understand what highlighters are.
>>
>>9298087
You have almost my same measurements!!! I was 130 last time I weighed myself months ago at least, hopefully a lil lower now but I'm too afraid to check haha... I have the same goals as you too! I don't think I need to lose a ton of weight, I don't look too bad now, but damn if losing like 2 inches off my waist wouldn't make me the happiest girl alive and make my jfashion options so much wider. Good luck body twin!!
>>
Finally get a good dressmakers mannequin.
Finish the three costumes I've had languishing in my sewing room for the last six months.
Save up and get to grorious Nippon.
>>
Improve, improve,improve. I got shit done in 2016 and actually regressed construction wise. For 2017, I want to get out of this slump, improve my sewing skills, and challenge myself by going out of my skill comfort zone.
>>
>>9297940
Also, generally speaking, if you eat healthy, exercise a regular amount and have no massive health issues, your body will sit at a weight that it should be; the weight that your body defines as healthy. Not the weight your mentality defines as acceptable.
>>
File: C0B4x0bUsAARtqY.jpg (35KB, 400x610px) Image search: [Google]
C0B4x0bUsAARtqY.jpg
35KB, 400x610px
i just want legs as good as a middle-aged visual kei superstar
>>
1. Get off my lifting plateau, forever stuck at lmao at lmao 2.5 plate bench..
2. Finally learn how to properly sew with some help from friends and family.
3. Use this new found skill to help kit out a group of 6 LARP newbies in Monty Python-esque peasant garbs.
4. Finally paint my armour in a sleeker way, and fix it's shoulder plates.

>>9297118
Look I know the last thing you want to hear is everybody jumping on your back about your weight. But don't go below the BMI, it won't make it any better. Trust me.

Just try going for a bit of cardio or the likes and eat healthily* (not 'fitness chick' meme that is, but actual normally healthy.) Just going outside for a bit will make you feel better, I swear. Spending energy gives you more energy, and if you eat healthy too boot you're golden!
>>
>>9297865
Me too thanks
>>
Cosplay goals:
- Get more flexible so I can actually do and hold all the ridiculous cosplay poses I want
- Maintain a more active social media presence
- Actually compete in a masquerade (might have to be pushed back to 2018 due to timing/location but I can at least get working on a couple competition-worthy cosplays!)
- Learn to do some cool shit with wigs?

Lolita goals:
- Remember to actually take photos of my coords more often
- Invest in some more nice accessories/jewelry and continue to make my wardrobe colour schemes a bit more cohesive/versatile
>>
>>9297556
We are the same person. I have a ton of lolita and other jfash pieces that I never wear because I can't create a cohesive coord
They've become decorations for my dorm more than anything else
>>
I want to find an excercise routine that I enjoy. My goal isn't to lose weight but to get more toned muscles for cosplay, but I don't know what I want to do yet. My brother is really into MMA and my sister into cycling, so I've yet to find my niche.

Get back into art. I haven't drawn in almost a year and painted in almost two. I'd like to table in an AA someday. Depression really kicked my ass the last few years so I want to make myself as happy as possible this year.

Lastly, not cgl related, but find something I'm into. I kind of lost my way after graduating college but I'm getting back on track and now I want to find something else that I'm into besides art. Maybe even go to school for it one day, or at least studying it.

Lastly, I want to start learning moonrunes so I can at least read untranslated series that I like. Sick of getting into a series and having it dropped by scanlating teams after like 4 chapters.
>>
>>9297072
I basically have the same goal.
>>
>>9297048
Goals, to lurk moar. Kinda considering getting into Cosplay, probably Aristocrat. Too tall and masculine for anything else to look good and I'm not looking to be anything cute.

I need to read up a lot more on it and read more threads on /cgl/ to learn more on male Cosplay. Ironically the only dudes I know that Cosplay wear dresses.
>>
File: 1463110326430.png (844KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463110326430.png
844KB, 960x720px
Finally do that Lord of the Rings cosplay group I've always wanted.

Pray that my panels at ALA be successes

Make some sort of armor craft (Maybe LOGH or Rocketeer)

Crossplay at least once (Either Haruko or Hot Pants)
>>
>Complete all my planned costumes for 2017 (only 3)
>Master my new serger
>Try embroidery for the first time (and do it well)
>Make more crafts and finally start to sell them
>Be more active on social media and make some videos

Everything is quite simple, but I'm pretty excited for the next year!
>>
>>9297048
lose weight
quit soda and chips
save $$$
go to japan in summer
finish sewing backlog
stop wasting time on lost causes on online forums hoping they change, they never do
don't fail class
unfuck my life
>>
Score a placement in my country's cosplay mastership competition (one can dream).
Complete my half-functioning aristo wardrobe and get some nice wishlist pieces to my lolita wardrobe.
Finish the gigantic sewing backlog, reducing my material stack from 3 big fabric boxes + 1 misc material box + one misc drawer, to 1 fabric box, 1 misc box, 1 misc drawer.
Get into uni.
Get in shape.
Document my sewing better to create an actual portfolio.
>>
>>9297643
same. in the past it's been so much more rewarding than diets... both for my body and my attitude
>>
-Fill out my otome wardrobe enough to dress cute every day
-Refine my lolita wardrobe so that I have clothes for every "fancy" occasion
-Excercise in a way I actually enjoy
-Stop buying things I'm not in love with, just because they work
>>
Misc
- Get back into my exercise routine
- Revamp my normie wardrobe, make it more jfasion inspired
- Learn moon runes

Lolita
- Fill out my lolita wardrobe
- Start posting coords on CoF and insta, generally have more of an online presence
- Start actually going to meets
- Make lolita friends

Cosplay
- Start cosplaying again, reconnect with old con buddies
>>
Recently I've been crushing on a very talented and popular cosplayer I'm acquainted with in my area so I've been inspired to get more fit and make better cosplays in hopes that senpai will notice me this year. It's dumb, but I'm a nobody and I don't feel good enough around them unless I get on their level.
>>
>>9297232
There's a reason why they told you to eat, it's not healthy to be that light. Forgetting to eat isn't a cute or normal quirk like you seem to think it is. Maybe listen to your doctor instead of trying to self diagnose a "healthy weight" for yourself.
>>
Make two costumes for Halloween this year (one for wearing to class and one to wear for parties/at night)
Finally fucking win my school's Halloween costume contest
Get better at makeup application
>>
>>9297048
Be able to pull off a Majin Vegeta cosplay. I need to really hammer my traps, Delts, and pecs. I'm on the way though.
>>
File: 1480678506519.jpg (53KB, 473x411px) Image search: [Google]
1480678506519.jpg
53KB, 473x411px
I want to be able to manage my money correctly instead of wasting it in overpriced junk food, books I do't read and games I don't have time to play because I want to treat myself or whatever. I'm going to save as much money as I can each month to be able to go to a con this summer, and it might be difficult because I won't be able to work before said con and I'll probably have to buy a new computer before that too. I've only been to Japan Expo once and only one day, this time I'll go the whole time with some fujo friends if everything goes as planned. I hope there will be some YOI merch there, especially official ones.
>>
>>9297232
Honey, at 90lbs/5'4" you're off the charts unhealthy.

Instead of making it a weight goal, why don't you do a fitness goal? 110lbs of muscle is a different shape, after all. You'll feel healthier and better about yourself, and you'd probably have a similar shape to what you were used to but be at a healthier weight.

>Although here I am with a weight loss goal

I'd like to be able to get my hips under 43 inches. I almost did it when I was working retail, but switched to an office job and piled back on the weight (I will fit back into a UK size 12!!)

To help with that, get a new exercise and diet regime going on. There's a gym 1 minute walk from my work place, there is no excuse.
>>
>>9297048
>finish my cosplay
>expand my larme wardrobe with some dream brand pieces, such as RMS and Honey Cinnamon accessories, perhaps one Katie main piece too
>git gud and better with styling my hair and be able to do more complex braids
>get some new nice eyeshadow palettes
>actually get into lolita too
>go to Japan
>get my base ita bag, been considering to just commission it

In no particular order, although I really am thirsty for some Honey Cinnamon necklaces...
>>
Lose 20 lbs because currently I'm too fat for a few of my AP OPs and ETC JSKs. I actually did pretty good at going to the gym 2-3 times a week for a few weeks toward the end of this year but then Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, and family health emergencies threw off my schedule. I'm hoping to hit the gym 2-3 times per week again starting in January.
>>
I want to loose about 20-25lbs. I'm in the overweight range on the bmi scale and want to get down into "normal" and tone up so I can do more tight fitting and shirtless cosplays. I want to give all the ladies dokies. Goal is to get skinny enough to cosplay Haru from 50% off/Free!
>>
I'd also like to lose 20 pounds, here. I am 5'3" and about 115-120, and I feel so flabby. I'd love to get down to close to my high school wweight, which was 95. I'm going to have a better diet and exercise 2-3 times a week.

I'd also like to expand my wardrobe and incorporate more pieces casually into my everyday life. I love Lolita bad street fashion, and I want to be more confident in wearing it.

I also want I have a better skin and hair routine.
>>
>get back down to the 113lbs i used to be a few years ago (currently 134)
>work out my arms especially
>commission some wigs for expensive cosplays/cosplays i wear a lot since my old ones arent too great
>finish at least 9 cosplays
>do at least 4 big cosplays
>stop spending so much money on pokemon cards and spend it to buy lolita instead
>paint more
>maybe start taking prop commissions or at least pre-make things to sell
>try doing the AA maybe? (time pending)
>place at least once in my category at a con
>learn to sew better so i can actually place once instead of having my sewing drag down the rest of my costume
>get cosplay bf
>learn better hair care because my hair is thin as hell
>get more flexible so that i can do posing better for certain cosplays
>try waist training
>>
>>9299202
At 5'3, 95lbs is underweight.

Rather than concern yourself with the weight, why not focus on toning it up. You're feeling flabby you said, so do muscle workouts and you'll be less flabby.

Your weight won't necessarily change though, but that's fine as you're within your recommended weight levels anyway for your height.

It's a bit worrying though how many people are focusing on weight on this thread. It's literally just a number.

150lbs of pure muscle is healthier than being 90-100lbs. Set yourself exercise goals - like being able to run up 3 flights of stairs without dying.
>>
>>9299202
When you're in high school, your body is growing and your weight at that time is not usually the healthiest weight for you now.
95 is underweight for that height, and eating healthier and exercising will not necessarily get you to that weight. It will tone you up and make you less flabby, but don't expect or hope to drop 20 lbs.
>>
>>9299311
>>9299314
I appreciate it guys, but I would much rather be underweight than toned and still my same weight. I am surrounded by other underweight girls and it kills me. I hate being fat.
>>
>>9297048
Hit 160 to cosplay mini baras better
Fuck work - more cons
Finish Tiz
lrn2worbla better
>>
>>9299414
You need to exercise.
>>
make some fucking sweet ass cosplay and wow everyone YEAH
Also lose like 7kg I guess
>>
>>9299430
Cool, thanks :^)
>>
File: yotsuba_by_ruzzy2006.png (233KB, 1600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba_by_ruzzy2006.png
233KB, 1600x1232px
>lose about 5-7 kg
>start going to the gym
>build up my wardrobe
>actually try to learn how to sew
>and make my own cosplays
>work on my mental health
>fix my skin
>>
>>9299414
I honestly think you need to talk to a professional if you're still deluding yourself that this is the right thing for you.
>>
>>9299843
Good goals, anon! I'm rooting for ya.
>>
>>9299414
>>9299846
Very much what this anon said, it's a serious issue anon. I fell for the same thing and spent about a year of my life puking up everything that I ate, while complaining that I wasn't getting any buffer or better looking. Eating healthy and excercise is what gets you good looking, male and female models do it too.
Getting by on a few measly scraps isn't how you turn hot, or attractive. You want a bit of curve, sure you want to be skinny, but flat skinny is ugly and you know it.
Starving yourself won't make you look better, IIFYM does though, and more-so does regular excercise.
Go out there and lift, and remember glutes for the sloots, squads for the butts.
I believe in you anon, you're going to mnake it.
>>
>>9299414
Let's put it this way. I'm 5'5". When I was a teenager I had an ED, and dropped down to 110 and a bit below. Yeah, I was a size zero and had the tiniest waist, but I also had zero energy, constantly fell asleep in my classes, fucked up some internal stuff from puking every day. Luckily I got my shit togther before anything serious happened. One of my underclassmen, however, wasn't so lucky. She's 5'7" and was less that 100lbs. Right after graduation she was hospitalized for almost year and was not mentally fit to go to college for almost two. I'm currently 124lbs and was scolded by my doctor for being on the lower end of what's a healthy BMI for my height, and I'm only this thin because I get sick so easily (apparently having an ED can fuck up your immune system go figure).

I keep seeing so many people in this thread looking at weight as this arbitrary number goal. Please, do yourself a favor and get rid of your scale. If your that obsessed the best thing for you is to not have one. Instead just make a health and fitness goal. Another anon mentioned how if you eat healthy and exercise regularly, you will eventually fall into a size that's natural and healthy to your body. That is what will feel right to you, not some random number that you decided is a good weight.
>>
>>9299414
I know how u feel. I'm 105 at 5'5 and I am still trying to lose 7 or 8 pounds. I don't throw up or starve, just eat low healthy low calorie foods and work on my feet 40 hrs a week. Most people are unhealthy in some way ( junk food, not working out, drinking, being slightly overweight etc) if you are healthy in other aspects I don't see a problem with being underweight. Just pls don't starve yourself or throw up.
>>
Lose 10-15lb! I prefer to be slightly underweight, although I notice my face is prettier at this weight. And I want to tone up.
>>
>>9297048
>get back into cosplay
>drop my weight from 200 to 130, preferably before June
>learn glorious nipponese
>get back on track with my skincare and beauty regiment
>work on the aesthetic in my work/sewing area
>make some more /cgl/ friends
>>
>>9297048
>get back into lolita
So far doing good, just spoiled myself with a whole new coord for Christmas, can't wait for it to come in.
>get back my 27/28 inch waist{currently 30in q~q}
>lose 15~20lbs
>keep up with my meds, and work towards bettering myself
>paying off the rest of my school debt{only $2000 left}
>>
>>9297139
6'22 and 100lbs here. Well. This chart is quite sad
>>
>>9297139
>5'6" and 135lbs with belly fat and muffin top
>Healthy

I don't feel healthy. Maybe my weight placement is just unfortunate.
>>
>all these fat fucks whining about wanting to lose weight

I'm not at all surprised seeing as /cgl/ is a den of whales
>>
>>9300383

I'm actually hoping to gain, I want better muscle tone :P
>>
>get a big kid job/work full time again
>Have blouses and boleros that fit and flatter me
>Sell ones that don't
>Get back to the gym & stop plateauing
>Host a tea party w/more than 10 attendees
>Photograph coords more
>Go to Rufflecon
>If RC is a go, create an OTT old school coord
>>
1) Get swole/gain muscle

2) Find new character to cosplay, I like to add at least one new cosplay per year..

3) Find nerdy gf, I work in a super normie field, and I've graduated, conventions are the only places where I can meet girls with similar interests. So I kinda feel it's a cgl goal..

Too bad I'm chicken
>>
File: life lessons from NTR doujin.jpg (125KB, 924x572px) Image search: [Google]
life lessons from NTR doujin.jpg
125KB, 924x572px
>>9297048

Continuing to lose weight/get ripped. I'm down 80lbs (140 at 5'8), and my goal is a muscular 125.

>>9300379

You're a normal weight but you probably aren't that fit--skinnyfat is the term people use.

Baby steps for feeling healthier:
Drink more water
Mind your macronutrients
Exercise

Varying degrees of any/all of these will be positive for you.

>>9300383

wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

Improving yourself (no matter how late) is way better than just being a hambeast trying to forcefully chance humanity's perception of beauty.
>>
File: overlord.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
overlord.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
I've got 5 months to at least 30lbs and complete the two hardest cosplays I've ever attempted. I should really start them now.
>>
>>9297048
Make my wardrobe cohesive in and out of lolita and streamline everything. I have a problem getting rid of stuff, especially if I used to love it in the past, so my closet's getting out of hand. I'm going to get rid of everything that doesn't make me happy.

Try more non-print dresses - 90% of my dresses are AP prints and I want to get away from that. I want my style to be a little more mature.

Get in shape - I'm not fat but since getting an office job my figure's gone to shit. I'm skinny-fat I guess. I'm going to start going to the gym regularly and try to limit eating out to 1x per week.
>>
> start an ita bag
> quit my job with a soul-sucking commute (1hr30min one way by bus)
> lose some weight I guess? (currently 5' and 130lbs )
> get some cute j-fashion clothes
>>
>>9301159
Hey, I recognize those horns! I ordered a custom pair from a lady on etsy who was also selling those. The ones I got were really nice quality.
>>
>>9297139
Thats a male musclemass chart.
If you are femtwig, 160 tall and 40-50 kg is doable as fuck
>>
Actually get a god damned Zeon uniform.
>>
>>9302919
>Male musclemass chart
anon, that's a BMI chart, or Body Mass Index. It's the exact opposite in that if you have muscles, it'll say you're obese when you're not. She's underweight and needs to gain at least 10 lbs.
>>
>>9302987
I wish people would actually look up what BMI is, what it was used for, and how it works, because then everyone would know that it's fucking useless and inaccurate as shit. It was developed for census purposes a hundred years ago and is pointless on the individual level for gauging health problems.
>>
To have a complete and flattering lolita outfit. I feel so terrible knowing everything about the fashion, loving how it looks, and being friends with most girls in my comm but despite years of wanting, I've only recently escaped my overprotective parent's grasp.

Also to have a quality @home cafe tier maid uniform, well put together and all that because more than anime and Japanese fashion, I REALLY like maid cafes and everything about them. I hope I can find a really flattering and cute one, I'm scared of looking like some chick with a weird fetish.....
>>
File: Gundam_musou_3_conceptart_BeFOS.jpg (93KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_musou_3_conceptart_BeFOS.jpg
93KB, 601x600px
My goal for 2017 is to build a God Gundam cosplay. I want it to be a full eva foam build and mobile enough to do some martial arts moves in and run/jump around.
>>
>>9302987
>2016
>still thinking BMI is an intelligent and accurate thing
>>
>>9297048
Get more fit, eat better and move more.
To define my fashion aesthetic and get more j-fash inspired clothes for cute daily use outfits.
Finally indulging myself and buying my first lolita coord.
>>
>>9298943
>forgetting to eat isnt a cute or normal quirk

when did i say it was cute? it just was. that's a silly assumption to make. i was really sick for a long time (no active ED, sorry to disappoint you) and i just didn't eat because i never felt hungry or couldn't stomach it

anyway, i appreciate all of the anon concern, i really do, but i don't think BMI is a reliable gauge of whether or not i'm healthy. i'm used to the body i had before. thanks anyway!
>>
>>9303423
>couldn't stomach it
ED anon here, unless you have a medical reason food isn't sitting well with you or isn't appealing that could be a sign of anorexia. One of my first cues of an anorexia relapse is that food starts to just become very, very unappealing to me. We don't want to pester you, but BMI is generally a good signal of healthy eating habits. If yours is low and you are pushing off eating you should at least consider why. Trust me, not all ED's are dramatic 'ugh! I can't eat forever I'm so ugly :(' stereotypes from teen shows. They can be feel far more subtle when you have them.
>>
Get fit, have lots lbs to loose. 5 months to make Alexander from Fate/Zero. Than Young Soldier 76 and if success, Susanoo from BlazBlue: Central Fiction.
>>
>>9297865
Came in here to say this. Life sucks.
>>
File: GG.jpg (150KB, 907x899px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
150KB, 907x899px
My goal this year is to make this. Sword and shield too. That's all I'm really aiming for. I want to have ONE dream cosplay done before the end of the year.
>>
>>9303817
i had cancer

thanks for your concern anon, really! maybe i'll go see somebody, but i haven't started acting on my weight or anything so it's low priority right now. also, i hope you've recovered from your ED/continue to recover!
>>
File: 150px-IrisBW.png (40KB, 150x273px) Image search: [Google]
150px-IrisBW.png
40KB, 150x273px
Lose 30 lbs by July and get back into cosplay as well as finally learn how to use my sewing machine that I've had for the past 4 years. After that maintain my weight for at least 2 years and reward myself by visiting Japan for my 30th birthday.

>28 yr old cosplaying a 10 year old
I know, I know, but I don't know many dark skinned characters that aren't skimpily dressed.
>>
File: Beck_Koyuki_Render.png (377KB, 708x785px) Image search: [Google]
Beck_Koyuki_Render.png
377KB, 708x785px
>>9297048

Go back to Anime North, have a different guitar-related cosplay for each day, plug in my VOX, and shred all fucking day.
>>
>lower BF%, gain muscle (i'm 100 lbs but skinnyfat af)
>buy more lolita
>find active comm
i'm moving to japan in a few months so i'm hoping to join one once we're all settled in. my current comm is pretty much dead, though.
>replace non-lolita wardrobe
i lost 82 lbs and all of my clothes are too big on me now so i'm working to replace everything with cute gyaru/casual japanese clothes
>>
Grow my dick another 2 inches....
>>
File: VjzdRgB.png (628KB, 499x568px) Image search: [Google]
VjzdRgB.png
628KB, 499x568px
Hopping on that "lose weight" train. I've always wanted to be 125 pounds. I was 128 once after a trip and I loved the way it looked on me. I'm usually 130-135 and pretty apathetic about it, but I hit 140 a couple months ago and it's time to stop being apathetic and start being proactive. I don't want to go any higher than this. 5'5" for reference.
>inb4 "it's not proactive if you're already a fatty :^)"
While I agree it's not the best look on me, it's still a healthy weight.

Then I'd like to get better at makeup and skincare, and find out what's irritating my eyes so much so I can cut it out of my life forever.

I also want to get a job that will allow me to expand my wardrobe and fill it out properly with more blouses, shoes, and outerwear. I'd like to be able to set a true daily wear goal beginning in 2018.

If I can get all that done, then I can start doing more coord documenting and I might even like to blog a little! I want to be more in touch with the online community, with my name attached. Anonymity has helped me a lot with getting over my irrational fear of authority and punishment, and I'd like to be able to reach out to people again without being afraid. I miss it.
>>
Lose weight, unlike the skinny chans here I weight 195 pounds at 5'9" spend money on costumes instead of food and small things, get a car
>>
File: 1333744359137.png (53KB, 211x250px) Image search: [Google]
1333744359137.png
53KB, 211x250px
>tfw 206 this morning
>want to weight 130 by early June for a con
>>
>>9305465
I've been hovering 195 for the past month, finals really fucked up my eating habits and cut into my gym time. I'm praying for both of us, anon.
>>
>>9305751
Yeah, I'm not too worried since I know how to lose the weight. I lost 50lbs previously in about 5 months by going vegan. Unfortunately I fucked up by reverting back to bad eating habits and deciding to eat dairy again, and gained about 20lbs back.

I'm hoping this year I'll be able to stick to it since I won't be as stressed. Godspeed to you as well.
>>
File: congrats.gif (459KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
congrats.gif
459KB, 500x363px
STOP WASTING TIME!!

That was my goal last year too and I did well for a while but once I started my grad program I just reverted back to my old ways. I realized I procrastinate because I'm scared of failing and therefore don't try in the first place. This year I will stay on top of things so I have time to do fun crafts and improve my makeup skills while still having enough time to study.

I also need to control my shopping. Last year I unsubscribed from a lot of stores' emails and that really helped. Unfortunately, I got a little wild during the holiday season and spent a lot of money on myself. Everything was on sale and I had coupons, but I think I used shopping as another escape from school. It's hard to kick this habit because I don't spend as much money as I would if everything was regular price, but things are starting to accumulate more than I can use or appreciate them.

>pic related for when everyone completes their goals this year
>>
More blouses, accessories, etc rather than main pieces. I'm rather terrible about using my disposable income on new dresses rather than buying things to coord with my already owned dresses.

Also, to finally get under 90cm bust and lose the remaining 18lbs that I need gone.
>>
>>9305773
>>9305465
My goal is 130lb but despite my changes in diet, physical work and exercise I'm stuck at 147lbs. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. I'm tired all the time, otherwise I would be walking or something all the time. I don't even eat much, few times a day and very small portions and healthy. I start to get frustrated both trying and not successing and looking... Not so great. Reading about fellow gulls with same goals always boosts me up. Thank you vegan anon, you motivated me to stop dairy once I move out. Meat was going to be ditched anyways.
>>
Actually finish something. That's it, really. Between work, school, and lack of motivation it's a lofty enough goal for me.

I still don't understand how I can feel such enthusiasm for -wanting- to cosplay things and simultaneously have zero drive to actually -do- it and make them.
>>
>>9303305
Go for it m8. All you need is lots of matterials and a lot of testing.
>>
I want to find the last 3 remaining dream dresses. I'd like to attend my first meetup and go to a convention for the first time as well. My boyfriend really is looking forward to taking me to an anime con in the start of the summer.
I want to twin with my boyfriend in aristocrat, he's really into the idea already.

I'm almost underweight at 127lbs/5'9ft but I really think I'd benefit from weight lifting and staying around or even a few lbs lighter. my upper body is fine, but my lower is slightly squishy (mega pear shape). I bought a barbell and some weights to get started. Hope this makes my legs not look so chubby in my ouji shorts, despite being tall and thin otherwise.
>>
>>9307046
It's more about shape than the number on the scale IMO. I think muscle looks great on everyone and with your height I'm sure you'd carry it well. Good job on buying a barbell and some weights! Don't forget some ab exercises and I'm sure you'll look great.
>>
>tl;dr No more ugly shoes and swimsuit season.
Platform sneakers are popular in the fashion I wear, but since I walk quite often, the cruddy sidewalks tears up shoes quickly. I'll need to find shoes that are cute, but sturdy.

I'm perfectly happy with my weight and physical activity although I'd like to work on achieving a very nice ass before summer. I walk uphill quite often, but that's not really enough.
>>
I want to "complete" my basic lolita wardrobe, so to speak. That means one more short sleeved blouse, two long sleeved blouses, two more JSKS, another skirt and a crap ton of accessories. Probably won't happen because poorfag, but a gull can dream.
>>
>>9303001
Fatty detected
>>
Go to as many cons as possible, and make a bunch of costumes.
>Nursing school next fall.
>Which will eat up all my money and free time.
>Gotta have as much fun as possible rn
>Plus BF is going overseas for a program
>Gotta distract myself from the lonely sadness with sewing
>>
I need to lose at least 40 pounds.
>>
>>9297048
My main goal is to finish the costumes I've kept in limbo for years now. I have at least 5 or 6 costumes I just stopped working on and a huge prop that's been in progress since 2011.
Otherwise I want to get better at clothing construction and get some photoshoots done.
>>
- go from 190(?) to 130 or less
- buy clothes that related to mori or nu goth, ditch / sell old ones
- dance more (踊ってみた)
- stop procrastinating on school work
- save money
- be confident enough to post on instagram
- gtfo 4chan for good
>>
Sew more. I'm more of a prop maker and that's fun and all but I've fallen into a pattern of trading props for costumes in groups I miss sewing! Even simple shit. I just want to run my machine more.

I don't have any body resolutions specifically for the new year, but in general I'm always trying to get stronger, and as a side effect sometimes, bigger. My body type/genetics make it hard for me to look huge and bulky, but one of my dream cosplays ,if I managed to get some good guns going, would be Illaoi.
>>
I took second at a convention costume contest last year. This year I'm aiming for first!
>>
>>9303920
>Susanoo from BlazBlue: Central Fiction
Holy shit that would be great. Not enough Blazblue cosplay. Good luck
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.