[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ichibancon in NC next weekend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: ichi2017_logo-1.jpg (62KB, 1000x241px) Image search: [Google]
ichi2017_logo-1.jpg
62KB, 1000x241px
Anybody planning on hanging out with weebs for NYE?
>>
unfortunately, yes.

Ichibancon is no different from any of the other small NC/SC cons. same shit every year.
>>
I actually really like Ichiban. It's a pretty fun time.
>>
>>9294225
Yeah, I'm still trying to decide if I want to go. I went for the first time last year and wasn't really impressed
>>
What other cons have you been to? I am not being mean. Just curious
>>
This my 3rd time at Ichibacon. Between this Nashicon, Banzaicon and Hoshicon (RIP). I feel like I am throwing money down a boring hole.

Same Vendors selling the same shit. Shitty panels. Shitty rave. Guest nobody cares about. Artists Alley is a hit or miss but I usually enjoy it.
>>
>>9294025
I go mostly to hang out with old friends for new years and compete. It's ok but I find a lot of the entertainment is self made.
>>
Sadly, I do not know if my town will be throwing their annual small con. The site's not been updated in ages, and the college group that runs the con hasn't mentioned anything about the convention on FB and it's already almost January. (The first couple convention runs advertised as early as 6 months ahead of time.)

Oh well, no con for me and I don't want to try finding rides to go to Ichibancon.
>>
>>9294025
Getting so drunk and fucking all the sluts.
>>
you mean horribly obese lesbians right? Then yes, you will need to be drunk to do that.
>>
>>9299552
>>9301600

Lol.

Yeah we know that's not going to happen. Most cosplay chicks think they are "gay", are underage, or ugly as shit.

Pick one.
>>
>>9301600
I mean did I say hot sluts or did I say sluts? This is North Carolina No one is attractive here it's the inbreeding.
>>
>>9302090
All of those options have holes you know that right?
>>
I'll be going alone because I have nothing better to do and I live fairly close anyway.
>>
>>9295015
What con?
>>
Ichi needs to move. It was already almost too crowded for that hotel last year and it's already looking like this year will be even worse. Parking is a fucking nightmare and it's only Thursday. Saturday is gonna be indescribable.
>>
File: 1480212627092.jpg (260KB, 1024x811px) Image search: [Google]
1480212627092.jpg
260KB, 1024x811px
>>9303193
This. I've never seen it this bad on thursday
>>
I met my girlfriend that I broke up with earlier this year at Ichi 4 years ago. Hoping to find somebody new at this one now that I've pulled myself together and am on the right track.
Like others here I don't really expect anything new. Mainly spending time with old friends, hanging out in the video game room, and going to a couple flavor-of-the-moment panels like the Overwatch one.
>>
>>9303402

Cons are the worst places to hook up. If they're not fat and ugly, they're mental cases.

Especially in NC, the only place in the country more inbred than West Virginia.
>>
>>9303543
That makes me think of Ashley, too many crazy stories on her.

>>9303193
That is exactly why I am not going (along w/ certain people who run the con). The venue was too small a few years ago and keeps getting worse. Although the Charlotte Convention Center may be too big. The RCC would be perfect size, but its all the way in Raleigh.
>>
>>9303193

Agreed. It's gotten way too big for the venue. It's especially bad because the staff at that little bar/cafe area make you leave if you're not buying anything, they removed the "game tables" in the hallway next to that big window, all the tables in the lobby are almost always full of people, so there's almost nowhere to sit down and rest for a few minutes.
>>
Too many cute girls, not enough courage to talk to them
>>
>>9303763
Don't be a bitch
>>
>>9303818

Alright, but what am I supposed to do, just walk up to a girl and spark up a conversation? Isnt it clearly obvious I'm trying to dick her? I even shaved my balls for this
>>
>>9303969
>I even shaved my balls for this
Try leading off with this. Con girls are sluts and love shaved balls
>>
I'm surprised people can even manage hooking up with girls at cons. Seems like everyone there has a boyfriend and honestly it kind of makes me feel like shit. I wish they would make a rule about no handholding or something.

Only one girl was nice and she was the brown haired lady with glasses in the artists alley
>>
I am hearing someone left their drink somewhere at the con, someone put rubbing alcohol in it, and caused someone to have to see the paramedics. Please, never put something in a persons drink. That is so wrong and not cool.
>>
These skits are as bad as I'd thought they'd be
>>
>>9303193
>>9303561
You can rent out only parts of the CCC. Even Heroes doesn't use all that space. Unfortunately we'll probably never see Ichi there.
>>
Someone let me know how the New Years's Formal Ball turns out

Did I miss out on an opportunity to dance with a cosplay qt?
>>
File: ohfuckles.jpg (87KB, 615x457px) Image search: [Google]
ohfuckles.jpg
87KB, 615x457px
I heard niggas were getting poisoned there.
>>
So many drunks last night it was almost like a kiddies 1st beer kinda night
>>
>>9304533

Every goddamn year it feels like police or EMTs are called out to this con.
>>
>>9305641
It doesn't "feel" it actually happens. I was terribly surprised at how little cosplay there was at this con.
>>
>>9305658

It's because Ichibancon is stagnant. It's a growing midsize con that still treats itself like a small nobody con in a small nobody con venue and this year more than ever that was readily apparent.

People don't go for the panels or guests or dealers because none of that has changed at all in years. Most of Ichiban's (primarily underage) visitors are just there for room parties and hookups now.
>>
Pretty glad I didn't go this year,

Y'all kinda hit the nail on the head, the only reason people really go is to see other people.
Now why they want to see those people and what they want to do together varies, but there's really not much else at the con.
>>
>>9305675
Yeah, agreed. I didn't go this year because last year I was bored out of my mind and surprised by how many teenagers were there.I stayed for maybe four hours before I decided to go back home. Definitely not worth the drive
>>
File: 1478869022430.jpg (399KB, 970x2232px) Image search: [Google]
1478869022430.jpg
399KB, 970x2232px
>>9305675
Agreed but what the solution? Can it be saved Or is it best to let it fester until it destroys itself?
>>
>>9305847
Well the big thing is to actually apply for panels and do it yourself. Really, that's it. That and actually have decent cosplayers show up, or any for that matter.
>>
>>9305856
that what I figured. I was discussing that exact thing today after I left.
>>
>>9305916
It really is that easy. Basically the con does not get a ton of people submitting panels based on anime or interesting stuff so they have to go with what they get.
>>
>>9305923

And what they get is usually cringe shit no one actually cares about like character Q&As or Charles Dunbar's youkai/mythology/culture lecture panels.

Nothing against Dunbar mind you, his stuff is interesting and very well-researched, but he gives the same panels at pretty much every con he goes to and once you see them once, there's really no reason to see them again.
>>
Went to it for the second time this weekend.

Pros:
-The staff were on their shit (for the most part) and kept things organized.
-For a medium-sized con, it had some IMPRESSIVE cosplay from a plethora of source material.
-The video game room was pretty great. Had a lot of variety and was never dull.
-They had an improv group that was pretty chill.
-Everyone was polite when I asked for a picture or when they asked to take one of me.

Cons (heh):
-The panels were the EXACT same as last year which weren't good to begin with.
-The raves had the EXACT same shitty Drum and Bass music as last year. Pretty sure the DJ's used the same set.
-There's an annoying sense of pompousness among the crowd. While meeting some new people, there was so much judgment on other cosplayers and people were acting like experts and cosplay/convention police. Like, chill the fuck out and let people have fun.
-Like >>9304533 said, some dickhead poured rubbing alcohol in a friend's friend's drink.
-Honestly, >>9305675 hit the nail on the head. All anyone could talk about at the end was who got the most numbers and which room had the best party.

What I would suggest is instead of having 4-5 Medium/Small cons in NC/SC is to have one large one in Charlotte since it's on the border anyway. Because if they don't get their shit together, Animazement will be the only one worth going to in North Carolina...if it isn't already.

Feel free to ask any questions about it.
>>
>>9303561
Its probably not the same girl I'm thinking about but if it is kek
>>
File: 1482799334439.jpg (158KB, 1080x777px) Image search: [Google]
1482799334439.jpg
158KB, 1080x777px
>>9305983
The part you said about the judgment is spot on. I was observing stink eyes and under the breath/talking just loud enough so the talked about party could hear bullshit quite a bit.

Oh no somebody cosplayed the same character as you. Maybe cause it's popular right now or its easy. Your not gonna be the only character all the time and when your not take the stick out of your pompous ass and have some fun with the other person. "Hey I like your costume, how did you do this thing,ect." goes along way to helping you with your false sense of superiority.
>>
>>9303561
>Ashley
Asherbee? Because she was in NC over the weekend, just not at Ichi (thank god)
>>
>>9305984
Ashley Roberts. She is usually at Animazement and Triad, sometimes Ichi maybe.
>>
>>9305856
The problem is plenty do submit panels there, but the group who runs that con and others, they tend to select their favorites to run the panels at every single one of their cons, which is why their panels are the exact same and sometimes not as interesting outside of a few people.

>>9305675
That was how I felt the times I went. I was bored for the same reason and too many young kids around like a daycare.
>>
>>9306098
desu this is the case at most cons. I've been cosplaying around 14 years now and things haven't changed in that regard. I am semi guilty of it myself especially when competing. That doesn't mean I will be a dick about it.
>>
>>9306098
It really got on my nerves. Like, usually in society I'm a "normie" but I've always found the nerd crowd to be welcoming as fuck. Yet at these conventions there's so much hostility and "drama".

One thing that bugged me was there were some people dressed as real world people (Markiplier, people from rock bands, memes) and judgey assholes were having a shitfit over the fact that they were cosplaying as things not from fictional material. Who cares?

On an unrelated note, another highlight was a gang of Team Skull cosplayers. They were lit af.
>>
>>9306278
Are you new? Cons have always had this. The big difference here is that there seems to be more meme spouting homostuck/undertale/SU people here than the usual. The team skull people were just as guilty of being annoying and uninteresting.
>>
>>9306274
Competing is different. What you put your time, effort, and money in is supposed to give you a sense of pride and having a group of "experts" pit you against someone who did the same thing but better can make anyone salty.

What I was talking about specifically is how people think their opinions on how others should have fun have any merit whatsoever just because they have been doing it longer. If it makes them happy and it's not hurting anyone, who gives a fuck.

And desu, I'm not completely above the influence. My friends and I started playing "Count the Harley Quinns" after Day 1. Nothing wrong with dressing as her but Christ, there must have been at least 30.
>>
>>9306280
It was only my second con. I'm still new to the whole "community" itself so I guess I have some learning to do...

And I see what you mean cause it was like the con was one part Anime and one part Tumblr
>>
>>9306183
Ashley roberts is who I think they are referring to anon
>>
File: 1463452007139.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463452007139.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>9306243
The overly shooped cheerleader girl?

I thought you meant pic related.
>>
File: 1464217539729.jpg (35KB, 540x146px) Image search: [Google]
1464217539729.jpg
35KB, 540x146px
>>9306243
The never ending quest for dick.
>>
>>9306304
She was the Elsa that does an Elsa skit at every con right?
>>
>>9306311
I'm not sure. I never attend the masquerades. I just know her as the crazy chick who dressed as Hannah Montanna in a Walmart costume one year and cried because no one recognized her. She also spent the first year the formal dance came out trying to snag herself a date to make her boyfriend jealous and hooked one of the worst pervs in the AZ group who she later dumped. He sperged out after the con about bitches and hating women and how he'd bought her flowers and everything.
>>
>>9306302
OMG that girl is a mess too. Her cosplay is always mediocre and she spams a lot of con groups. She always hopes senpai will notice her when no one cares about her cosplay to begin with.
>>
>>9306350
She had a meltdown last year when she got posted here and sent her white knights to defend her honor.

If your costumes are cut in the dark and held together with hot glue, of course you'll wind up here.
>>
>>9306354
I remember it well and her Deadpool was the worst ever. She made posts on her own Facebook about never attending Animazement again after all she went through. I doubt anyone will miss her there.
>>
>>9306372
At least it wasn't the Michael Jackson Deadpool that posts every fucking day with a million hastags and clogs up the hallway.
>>
>>9306278
I definitely feel like the NC cosplay community has waaaay too much drama. It's a major turnoff and it really stopped me from trying to reach out to people. I'm giving it a shot this year but I don't have high hopes

>>9305983
Totally agreed on the last part. AZ was the only decent anime con I went to last year. The comic cons here are pretty great but there are way too many small anime cons and most of them suck
>>
>>9305814
I swear to god, each year there are more and more younger kids at the con. On the other hand, alot of people decided to bring their dogs this year which was pretty cool.
>>
File: 1470298930541.png (151KB, 426x546px) Image search: [Google]
1470298930541.png
151KB, 426x546px
>>9304274
>"I wish they would make a rule about no handholding or something."
>being this petty and pathetic
>>
>>9306711

I think that's what I've noticed about a lot of smaller cons. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or if the general crowd is getting younger on average (or both), but it feels like the gap between me and the rest of the con population gets wider and wider every time I go.
>>
>>9306711
I've noticed this about smaller NC cons in general, so many kids.
>>
File: 1477891112658.jpg (67KB, 401x421px) Image search: [Google]
1477891112658.jpg
67KB, 401x421px
>>9305259
Yeah, some dude got poisoned. I don't think there were others tho.
>>
Seeing the photos makes me more glad that I didn't go. Looks worse than last year.
>>
>>9308723
That is what happens to cons Fang Fox is a part of. He ruins everything.
>>
File: 1310005911958.png (45KB, 525x324px) Image search: [Google]
1310005911958.png
45KB, 525x324px
>>9308794
oh yeah that guy. He's become more and more obnoxious overtime. It seems like a compliment went to his head at some point and now thinks he's hot shit.
>>
I hate NC cons they are boring, fun of drama and have legit nothing but teenage kids. Even the people my age who go are all drama Queens or assholes. Honestly would prefer to never go to another NC con but I'm too broke to afford out if state shit
>>
>>9309513
Animazement to me always seemed like mostly older folks that have been coming year and year. It's like a bizarre family reunion at this point.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.