[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katsucon2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 70

Katsucon is just two months away! Who's ready? Whatcha cosplaying and cos testing? Who's booking shoots or booked shoots? What'll be the most common costumes, NVM, it'll be f'in Overwatch and Love Live still >_<
>>
This'll be my first time, any tips?
>>
>Jewcon
>broken exit signs and walls
>an actual fire

Gee, I wonder what'll happen at Katsucon this year.
>>
>>9288526
You forgot the frozen hell of 2014

As for OP, I'm just going to roll with it as it comes, I have a few things that I want to finish but I've decided to not stress it this year. If I get anything done then I'll just hit up my photog friends last minute or bother them post con.
>>
I'm doing an angelic layer group!
So pumped but also I froze my ass off last katsu because of the fire so I might be wearing thicker tights this year.
>>
>>9288054
Nah most common costumes will be Yuri On Ice
>>
>>9288657
>Not Overwatch, Pokemon, or Love Live
>>
File: IMG_9087.jpg (72KB, 501x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9087.jpg
72KB, 501x489px
For those that organize meetups, what areas do you recommend? (I'm organizing a small one, so it doesn't need the popular spots like fountains or gazebo.)
>Common cosplays this year:
Yuri on Ice, Overwatch, Love Live, Fire Emblem

>>9288138
Katsucon is a bitter-cold con. If you go outside, dress warm. If you need last minute things (toiletries, chasers, makeup), there's a CVS down the street. There are very limited food options in the con/outside. Plan wisely for your money. Also, elevators are hell. If you're checking out Sunday, use the stairs if possible.
>>
Fuck this over expensive con and it's arrogant staff.

Pro-tip: rooms didn't sell out. they lied to make the hype bigger. a month before the con rooms will magically appear.
>>
>>9288138
It'll be snow cold and the food is expensive, prepare accordingly

Badges aren't worth, everyone goes there to photoshoot anyways
>>
>>9288526
Most these reports of damage from last year were found false btw..

For instance the hole was already there and someone placed the tape over it after the fact..

The flooding happened prior also and they had the room closed before Katsu happened..
>>
>>9289046
Also let's talk about the "fire". Wasn't it just someone's hair straightener? Or didn't it have to do with the maid cafe?
>>
>>9289116
There was a fire in a boiler room near the maid cafe. I think it was electrical??
>>
>>9289342
Yep, it was an electrical fire that was taken care of but people acted like it burned a building down.
>>
>>9289350
honestly it might as well have, they were forcing people out into the cold half naked
>>
>>9289017
It's called people dropping out and freeing the rooms.
>>
>>9288640
I hope you take lots of pictures! My friend and I are doing Misaki and Hikaru, but we're in the West Coast. I love Angelic Layer cosplayers!
>>
Anyone else worried about the state of this convention? The guest list is usually pretty bad but this one is particularly uninspired.

On top of that, there doesn't seem to be many group shoots popping up.
>>
>>9289850
There's tons of group shoots, just check the Katsucon FB groups, unless you mean an general fandom meet up?
>>
>>9289850
Katsu is noosing itself. It's not the "phoot shoot con" so every aspring cosplayer is clogging up the halls now. Staff doesn't care since they are now making more then ever.
>>
Going to my first Katsucon this year! Also, this will be my first east coast con as well. I'm very excited. Luckily I'll have a lot of friends who have been there before so I should be okay but I've never been to a legitimately "cold" con.
>>
>>9289372
Not only were people forced into the cold half naked, con staff evacuated people in the direction of the fire and pushed others back into a parking garage. (I ended up in the garage with a friend who staffs Otakon.) Otakon staff had to undergo certified crowd control training after one of the fire alarm clusterfucks a few years ago. She was remarking that they should have been sending us across the street instead of into a building with tanks of gasoline... It was a mess, and I was happy I'd been working Vendors' Room and had my coat right there with me.

tl;dr: Katsu staff did dumb shit when evacuating. At least I had my coat.
>>
>>9289424
No, Christian. you can't fill a hotel anymore.
>>
>>9290539
Lmao not to mention that they had very little communication, telling us on and off that we did and didn't need to evacuate. I was in the maid cafe at the time of the alarm and I heard like 50 different stories as to what is going on and left and entered the building twice before they finally decided to fully evacuate.

>>9289850
>>9290050
But yeah agreed. The con has no good programming and so everything is becoming a clusterfuck of try-hard photogs and cosplayers. And many end up forgoing a badge and just use the venue. I can't imagine the con is making real returns anymore.
>>
>>9290761
Staff is nearly non-existant so as long as you're willing to forego a meh dealers hall and even more meh game room then not getting a badge isn't a bad deal.
>>
Are people still advertising like crazy to book shoots?
>>
Are VIP tickets for katsu worth it? (Are they worth it for any con?)
>>
>>9293282
You don't need a badge, if you're not hitting panels or the shitty dealer's room
>>
>>9288054

Sorry to contribute to your pain. While I am going in what I am hoping to be the FINAL FORM of my Dark Souls Elite Knight costume, I am currently working on an overwatch Mcree costume for a friend because he has no experience making props.
>>
how fucked am i in terms of timing if im just starting a fairly difficult cosplay today
>>
>>9293693

Depends on how much time you have, how much experience you have, and how difficult the cosplay is.

A surprising amount of cosplay work can be done in a couple of weeks IF you know what you are doing already. But if you are figuring it out as you go, it takes much longer, especially since you are probably still buying materials and tools as you discover you need them.

Whats the cosplay?
>>
>>9293697
its jotaro, the hard part is that im making the jacket and the pants, neither of which ive made before. i do already have my fabric and wig.
>>
>>9293717

Neither of Jotaro's designs seem particularly complex or difficult, so yeah you should be fine? Which version of him are you doing? Classic, or Diamond is Unbreakable?

I'm surprised you mention the jacket but not the hat.
>>
>>9293730
classic, I have a pretty good base hat so i think that will be fine. I'm just worried about the pants looking like ass
>>
>>9293749

Maybe I am mistaken, but... isn't it just black dress pants with a funky belt?
>>
If by any off-chance anyone has an extra room at the Gaylord they would be willing to sell me please shoot me an email!
>>
>>9293756
im making the jacket navy so I want to use the same fabric for the pants so they match. I cut out the jacket fabric today though so im feeling better about timing
>>
>>9294039
there are rooms available. just wait till 30 days before the con and they will release them. They lock up an entire slew of rooms to build up hype and pretend they sold out.

You better have a fuck awesome Nozomi cosplay too.
>>
pork con? hahahahaa americans
>>
>>9294366
Oh really? I hope so! I usually book ahead of time but my previous hotel arrangements fell through and I'm getting a bit antsy. Sadly no Nozomi cosplay from me but I will be doing some LL!
>>
>>9294785
I always thought the "katsu" as the "katsu" for "activities" but w/e
>>
File: whatareyousaying.jpg (56KB, 618x619px) Image search: [Google]
whatareyousaying.jpg
56KB, 618x619px
>>9294785

>Katsu = pork
>mfw

Katsu means life anon.
>>
>>9294785
>Katsu (Japanese: 喝; Cantonese: hot3 (help. · info), Pinyin: hè, Wade-Giles: ho) is a shout that is described in Chán and Zen Buddhism encounter-stories, to expose the enlightened state (Japanese: satori) of the Zen-master, and/or to induce initial enlightenment experience in a student.

You're thinking of Katsudon
>Katsudon (カツ丼 ?) is a popular Japanese food, a bowl of rice topped with a deep-fried pork cutlet, egg, vegetables, and condiments. The dish takes its name from the Japanese words tonkatsu (for pork cutlet) and donburi (for rice bowl dish).
>>
File: 1473017060347.jpg (23KB, 444x322px) Image search: [Google]
1473017060347.jpg
23KB, 444x322px
>masquerade pre-reg usually opens in november
>it's almost january
>still no masq pre-reg

The hell are they doing?

>mfw the masquerade has had issues every year since Danny T died
>>
Katsu has always been a poorly run con w/ a mediocre guest list, but but people go there to cosplay w/ friends.

As a warning if you are going your first time and expect lots of people to want to take pics of your cosplay....that is not going to happen unless your cosplay is perfect and something people know. There's so many cosplayers there that its too easy for cosplays to go unnoticed all con.
>>
>>9295140
Wut no stop spreading idiocy.

Katsu is about food, its short from katsuretsu which is cutlet

Seikatsu means life
>>
>>9294785
Katsu could also mean win. Basically, there are too many homophones in Japanese you can't really tell what the romanji is supposed to mean without context. In this case, considering they're using 活, it probably means what >>9295138 said.
>>
>>9296735
oh damn. I was thinking about doing masq but this will be my first east coast con and I was wondering if it was any different than west coast cons. What have your experiences been like with the masq in the past?
>>
>>9296739
or if you have you titties or butt out
>>
Two questions, how much does the average photographer charge at Katsucon? What's the quality of the average photographer as Katsucon?
>>
>>9297245
Depends. They range from the absolutely shitty (free - $20), to the ok ($25-50), to the pretty good ($50 - 100).

Matter of fact, why don't we post pics from all the photographers going to Katsu? Then you can make an informed decision. :D
>>
I never really spent much money in the dealers room before. I've recently gained the craving to collect figmas. What are the odds of someone trying to sell a Chinese counterfeit figma at a convention? Same thing with wall scrolls. I'd rather buy officially license wall scrolls than some cheap Chinese rip offs. I'm just really not a fan of the Chinese in general.
>>
File: kod99_1.jpg (20KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
kod99_1.jpg
20KB, 350x404px
>>9296810

What is kanji?
>>
>>9297254
Matthew Sperzal Photography
>>
Soundsnap Photography
>>
The Portrait Dude
>>
VenomNight
>>
komorebi
>>
Jason Laboy
>>
Sumiko.foto Photography
>>
Elysia Griffin
>>
Areku Photography
>>
Sang Le Cosplay Photography
>>
>>9297343
oops forgot photo
>>
EDward Fotography
>>
>>9297341
Oh that's an unfortunate pose and angle.
>>
>>9297338
Pretty sure this is a photo of komorebi, not an example of her photography?
>>
File: Depth of Light Photography.jpg (89KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
Depth of Light Photography.jpg
89KB, 960x637px
Depth of Light Photography
>>
File: MiRazzi Photography.jpg (104KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
MiRazzi Photography.jpg
104KB, 960x638px
MiRazzi Photography
>>
File: X-Con Photography.jpg (86KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
X-Con Photography.jpg
86KB, 638x960px
X-Con Photography
>>
File: SuperheroBlues.jpg (74KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
SuperheroBlues.jpg
74KB, 960x640px
SuperheroBlues
>>
File: Vander The Generalist.jpg (41KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Vander The Generalist.jpg
41KB, 960x640px
Vander The Generalist
>>
File: Marie Newby Photography.jpg (81KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Marie Newby Photography.jpg
81KB, 640x960px
Marie Newby Photography
>>
File: Flash Cord Photography.jpg (94KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Cord Photography.jpg
94KB, 960x636px
Flash Cord Photography
>>
File: Jeff Gm Photography.jpg (110KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff Gm Photography.jpg
110KB, 640x960px
Jeff Gm Photography
>>
File: Butch Lee Productions.jpg (90KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Butch Lee Productions.jpg
90KB, 768x960px
Butch Lee Productions
>>
File: Crunchy Spart Photography.jpg (64KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Crunchy Spart Photography.jpg
64KB, 960x640px
Crunchy Spart Photography
>>
File: Amaya Photography.jpg (206KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Amaya Photography.jpg
206KB, 960x720px
Amaya Photography
>>
File: Ken AD Photography.jpg (96KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ken AD Photography.jpg
96KB, 640x960px
Ken AD Photography
>>
File: Mochi Imageworks.jpg (136KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mochi Imageworks.jpg
136KB, 960x640px
Mochi Imageworks
>>
File: Packaged Rebellion Photography.jpg (170KB, 960x614px) Image search: [Google]
Packaged Rebellion Photography.jpg
170KB, 960x614px
Packaged Rebellion Photography
>>
File: Knightmare6.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Knightmare6.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
Knightmare6
>>
File: Forever Digital.jpg (108KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
Forever Digital.jpg
108KB, 960x685px
Forever Digital
>>
File: Chez Photo.jpg (96KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chez Photo.jpg
96KB, 960x640px
Chez Photo
>>
File: Morning Addict Photography.jpg (63KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
Morning Addict Photography.jpg
63KB, 960x639px
Morning Addict Photography
>>
File: EMCP.jpg (357KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
EMCP.jpg
357KB, 2048x1367px
EMCP
>>
Most of these examples are, not that great, to say the least.

There are a few good ones, but the ones you should book are pretty clear cut.
>>
>>9297737
And these names! Some of them are pure cringe.
>>
>>9297737
Did we really need all those posts? Couldn't the names just have been in one long post and people look up the links themselves?
>>
>>9297968
Yes. now stfu.
>>
>>9297968
Blame >>9297254

Also, I only posted the first 3-4
>>
>>9297869
goojunky is the worst. ewww
>>
>>9297099
I'll tell you how they run it and I'll let you make your own comparison to the cons you're familiar with.

They accept about 50 entries, walk-ons get 30 seconds of stage time and skits get 90+ seconds (depending on how many are in the skit), everyone gets customized lighting and can bring their own music (even walk-ons), and they have a mandatory rehearsal on Saturday morning.

My experience with this contest has been largely positive, but there's been a few issues in the last two years. The worst error (up until now) was in 2015 when they didn't send confirmation e-mails until the week of the con.

Between not posting anything about the contest and not responding to e-mails asking about when pre-reg will open, the masq department seems to be straight-up MIA this time.

I don't think they would cancel it but wtf.
>>
>>9298222
I mean, maybe she's trying to tell us all something. *wink*
>>
>>9298222
>>9298649
>>
>>9297626
DO NOT HIRE HIM.
Just removed the guy off FB.
>completely unprofessional
>claims his work is the best but still haven't received photos from Katsucon 2016.
>He also wants to have people pay in full down before his shoots.
>Posted a hall shot of my best friend who's 15 in the 1449 Group, sexualizing her.
>>
>>9298685
Ok, so assuming this isn't a complete lie:

...you waited a year for pictures, and instead of saying to him, "Hey wheres my pictures?", you came to cgl to type about it? lol ok.

I worked with EMCP and he was nothing but a sweetheart. Stop bashing him.
>>
>>9298685
EMCP goes on cgl to defend himself, don't bother.
Case in point, >>9298728
>>
>>9298685
post said photo
>>
>>9298685
>>9297626
what happened to EMCP? I used to be friends with him on fb but i can't find him anymore. I think he blocked me and i didn't say anything about him. now I believe the rumors are true
>>
>>9295156
Let's be real, it's a pun on Katsudon. Americans think with their stomachs.
>>
>>9298728
You must not be a hot white or Asian girl then
>>
>>9297626
>>9298685
>>9298728
>>9298787
>>9298900
>>9299028
he's the official photographer for Katsucon again
>>
>>9298728
Eugene, this is pretty pathetic to white knight yourself.
You get one point for trying.
>>
>>9299029
someone at Katsucon is fucked up and buddy buddy with Eugene. he's a terrible photographer and a known sexual harasser
>>
>>9299111
He thinks his photos are great and harassed girls for lingerie shoots earlier in the year and refused to give them their photos from their shoots unless they would go on a date with him but havent heard anything recently.
i jus wouldnt book him for his prices you can find a better and more reliable photog
>>
>>9299142
>>9299111
>>9299029
Katsucon is just fucking up more and more.
What's next? Lawrence Brenner as a official guest again?
>>
>>9299340
Katsucon is pretty mediocre convention overall. DESU, I don't think most people would even care about it if it wasn't for the Gaylord for "pretty photos." I say that in quotations because it's way too fucking crowded nowadays to even get decent shots in there. Thanks to all these fucktard togs and cosplayers, you can barely even move around the halls with everyone blocking them for their photoshoots.
>>
>>9299441
No idea why it changed the abbreviation for to be be honest to DESU lmfao. I don't frequent 4chan a whole lot.
>>
>>9299441
I sorta kinda understand why you say that; it is packed as hell. But I still manage to get great shots when I go there. If you photog can't get a good shot despite all the people around, then he's just bad, I guess.
>>
>>9299441
i saw a photog shooting 200mm f2 this year at katsucon. Too crowed it is not
>>
>>9299464
And that's where we're gonna agree to disagree, a lot of the shots that come out of Katsucon are nothing special or memorable. Sure you can manage to get shots for sure, but doesn't mean it's anything special.
>>
>>9299469
I know a photog who uses a lens like that but he's kinda an asshole when he uses it because it blocked off a fuck ton of people from interfering in the shot. Sorry, but you def don't need a 200mm for that con.
>>
>>9299469
Was he some kind of a wizard because I can't shoot with a 50mm without raping everyone standing behind me with my ass.
>>
>>9299512
Nice snapshits Jordan. Will you be borrowing my iPhone for the photoshoot or do you have your own?
>>
>>9299441
Maybe this year people dead set on getting cosfame will set their eyes over to MGM to get shots.
>>
you can always tell the people who have their head up their ass by the ugly watermarks.

my condolences, east coast. goddamn.
>>
>>9299340
i would like to see that happen again. LB is a creeper, but some people are so salty over him
>>
>>9299699
If the security let them do their photoshoots. Most likely they will not.
>>
>>9299469
Probably either UV or White Desert Sun
>>
>>9299470
Tell that to some of the cosplayers traveling in, to them Katsucon has great photo locations compared to where they are traveling from
>>
>>9299899
>>9299470
people coming from canada. please tell them they're idiots
>>
>>9299470
I don't give a fuck what "a lot of the shots that come out of Katsucon" look like. I said that MY shots were great. And if I said they're great, obviously I'm comparing them to the onslaught of snapshits.

For instance: >>9299512
My shots look nothing like this. And this guy wants $50 to shoot this garbage and give it to you. You gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>9299699
That place is more packed than the Gaylord. You won't be able to take photos unless you tell a bunch of people to fuck off. And when you start telling people to fuck off, security is going to start telling you to fuck off.
>>
>>9299960
Wow. Chill out dude, you sound like you have a stick up your ass now when you replied to me. You also act like $50 is a lot of money lol. That's really not that bad of pricing for someone his level.
>>
>>9299699
The MGM isn't a walkable distance. You have to Uber there, and even then it's like 7-10 minute ride from the Gaylord if I recall.
>>
>>9300205
Some cosplay photographers already asked, and security told them no, and cosplayers would be escorted off the premises.

>>9300364
$50 for point and shoot level photography is a rip-off and I feel for any clients that pay for some of those. Also considering the age level of cosplayers at Katsucon, $50 is a lot for tweens still living at home and doing chores for allowances or working their butts off in retail. (Not all, but majority)
>>
>>9299699
Right now, the MGM is crowded to the point where they have to turn people away at certain hours because it gets straight up "fire marshal" full at night.

MGM is a damn nice place but cosplayers wont go there unless they catch a shuttle there. Staying there as an alternate hotel is right out because that place will hit you for $500 per night on Katsucon weekend.
>>
>>9300570
If you pay $50 to that man, with those being the BEST PHOTOS HE COULD ADVERTISE WITH, you deserve to have your money taken from you. No sympathy.
>>
>>9299519
Thank you but I have my own.
>>
>>9299960
Post your shitty photos so we can laugh at them.
>>
>>9300616
Trust me, you've already seen them. I get posted alot on here. Nobody ever says I suck though.
>>
>>9297626
This guy is seriously overpriced for the shit work does. He slaps his watermark on photos but has them take up 70% of the photo.
>>
>>9300671
>This guy is seriously overpriced for the shit work does. He slaps his watermark on photos but has them take up 70% of the photo.
>being so dense and full of hate that you can't tell a blatant advertising picture

You think that's his actual watermark? I mean, it literally says "EMCP Cosplay Photography". Maybe this was a bait response. 5/10 for making me believe this was real
>>
>>9300699
Eugene, leave.
>>
>>9300703
>anon makes a retarded observation about Eugene
>another anon corrects them
>"Eugene, leave"

It's not our fault you're stupid.
>>
>>9300699
But that's his actual watermark. It takes two seconds to check. Trolll harder
>>
>>9300699
Try harder Eugene
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482857103867.jpg (80KB, 631x724px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482857103867.jpg
80KB, 631x724px
>>9300926
This guy's IG is cringey as fuck.
>>
>>9300570
>Jordan DiCaprio
He definitely does not shoot with a point and shoot, nice try. I'm not saying I would pay for the guy, but he's a lot better than someone like EBK or Lionel. $50 is not a lot after everything is said and done. I work in retail and make minimum wage, but I understand he's probably making maybe a little bit more than minimum wage, if not minimum wage after everything. Also, if you're so proud of your work and nobody shits on it, post it. You talk the talk but you don't own up to the shit your saying.
>>
>>9300984
Let me translate that for you guys:

>I paid this guy $50 for shitty hall shots so i gotta save face by defending my decision
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-115822.jpg (635KB, 1415x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-115822.jpg
635KB, 1415x1172px
>>9300699
petty af if he claims his work is so good then why does nobody want to book u? what are you doing wrong?
>>
>>9300987
Basically, that's all I'm hearing from this guy lol. I don't see why he wouldn't post his work if he thinks he's so great and no one on CGL has called it out for being terrible. Oh that's right, cause nobody would work with him because he's a shit talker. This Jordan guy really isn't terrible. Some of the bases of his photos are okay. Again, not saying I think he's the most fantastic photographer nor would I personally hire him, but he's okay. His photos really just need some TLC through post process work. Like I said, he's better than someone like EBK or Lionel.
>>
>>9300989
His personal Facebook is a shit show, nothing but complaining about people cancelling, not having shoots booked, bitching and bashing other photographers
>>
>>9300989
>>9300996
>>9300982
>>9300926

theres gotta be something else we can be talking about, like THE ACTUAL CON. every time he's going to a con, it turns into an emcp bashing party. i dont know the guy but what you guys are saying aint adding up. you said his watermark is 70% of the image, but those are pictures he's using as ads for his photography. that second one even has the magfest logo in it.
stop being a bad troll and take that shit somewhere else. we wanna discuss katsucon.
>>
>>9300993
>This Jordan guy really isn't terrible.
But he is terrible.
>>
>>9301069
Did you not read anything I wrote and decided to to pick out that one part? For christ sakes. I said he's okay and that there's a lot worse out there. Like I said, some of the base of his photos are decent but could be pushed through photoshop since it doesn't look like he doesn't any post work. So tired of this community trashing people saying he or she is terrible without giving actual feed back about HOW the person can improve. Telling someone they're terrible does absolutely nothing for anyone other than for maybe your ego.
>>
>>9301109
Ok, I'll bite:

>Flat lighting
>Colors don't pop
>Uninteresting model
>No makeup
>No hair styling
>Uninteresting location
>Boring wardrobe
>Clothes look slopp / not well fitting or tailored
>Model turned away from the camera
>No retouching to remove blemishes like the red splotch on her arm or facial shadows
>Focus is slightly off / picture is blurry

Most of all, it just feels like there's no point to this photo. That's why I don't like it.

Contrast that photo with this one: they spent time on it.
>>
>>9301020
Eugene, please.
>>
>>9300982
the cosplayer made a simple mistake and did not deserved to be put on blast.
>>
>>9301181
shut the fuck up, eugene. stop throwing jordan under the bus.
>>
>>9301288
He should just stick to regular model photography because nobody wants to deal with him.
>>
>>9301020
>>9300706
>>9300699
Eugene, leave
>>
>>9294126
ohhh I haven't seen that many navy jotaros! i'm rooting for you anon, I'm doing jotaro too (part 3 and 6) but they're the standard black / purple.

not sure wtf is going on with the 'official' jojo shoots but I know people are looking to set up some unoffical stuff too
>>
>>9300982
he says hes the photog and the cosplayer just leaves? lol sorry, this is weird af.
>>
File: 50041.jpg (478KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
50041.jpg
478KB, 667x1000px
>>9301181
I don't like it either dude, but my point was he's not the worst photographer in the community. I feel EMCP (since people keep bringing him up in this thread) is only maybe slightly above this guys skill work. Also, I like how you compare an amateurs work and then post a photo that was probably composed by an entire team (judging by that writing in the bottom left anyways) and not just one person. That's almost like comparing apples and oranges, my friend. Thanks for at least giving feedback though. Here's my idea of good photography if we're gonna give examples of people who use an entire team to compose a photograph to hobbyist/amateurs. Mmmm, love me some Emily Soto.
>>
File: laughs.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
>>9301524
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9301524
>>9301354
>>9301181
Same fag?
>>
>>9301524
dude. you have shit taste. just leave/
>>
>>9300570
>cosplayers would be escorted off the premises.

What if those same cosplayers came to gamble their money?
>>
>>9301607
>cosplayers
>having money to gamble

okay that's not fair to the ones who do but a lot of them are poor af
>>
>>9301607
Gambling in costume is different than coming in costume with a photographer
>>
>>9301340
thanks! i'm also helping my kakyoin make her coat so i'm gonna need some luck but i guess if i push i'll be good in terms of time, hopefully i'll see you there
>>
>>9301542
No? I was just the person who wrote the Emily Soto post. I don't even write like the other two posts lol. Why would I also even reply to myself?
>>
>>9301583
Did you not read anything I've been trying to hit at? Clearly not, but thanks for saying I have shit taste when I don't like either of the two people I've been discussing. I'm just saying they're not the worst in the community. Holy shit, do people even read on 4chan or do you just read certain things people write and stop and tear it down? Why is what I'm saying so hard to say for all of you?
>>
>>9301524
That dude you posted was objectively in the shittiest of photographer tiers in the cosplay community. That modeling picture also was boring af.

You can't just buy a camera, take pics, and then post them straight to FB and expect to be taken seriously. Having a team doesn't have shit to do with posing your model badly, taking blurry pics, or not doing any post-processing.

Oh, and when shooting cosplayers, you do have a team: your cosplayer is your makeup artist, hairstylist, and wardrobe stylist. Just git gud or stfu.
>>
>>9301930
A team effort in the post production can have an effect though, look at Pugoffka's work. Besides the cosplayer, hair, costumers, and make-up, you have multiple eyes editing the photo afterwards, so one person.
>>
File: IMG_1756.jpg (303KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1756.jpg
303KB, 1280x960px
Trying crossdressing for my first time at Katsucon. Outfit isn't finished just yet.
>>
>>9301984
Ah, never knew posting on mobile made it turn,
>>
>>9301919
I don't need to read. I only need to look at the photo you shared
>>
>>9301984
The fuck is that?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161228-201641.jpg (365KB, 1411x806px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161228-201641.jpg
365KB, 1411x806px
Anyone check out the Katsucon thread so far?
>>
>>9301984
aaah lord this needs some work.
Is it supposed to be lolita/anything other than cosplay? If so, burn dress and start over.
Is it a character costume? if so, please alter the garment to fit your body, or if that's not possible, get it tailored.
>>
>>9301984
LONDON
O
D
O
N
>>
>>9302313
I'm not really one for kink shaming, but what does one get out of being tied up?

Everybody starts breathing hard when people start talking about ropes, and I just don't understand the appeal.
>>
File: 1482447841280.jpg (54KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
1482447841280.jpg
54KB, 1024x548px
>>9302313
>>
>>9302428
Not to defend that guy for being cringy as fuck in his way of requesting "volunteers" but Shibari rope bondage is a pretty Japanese take on BDSM.
>>
>>9302368
What I like about rope bondage is the intimacy I get with my partner during the act of being tied. While a lot of tools associated with leather bondage are more "put em on and go", rope requires the top to be very close to and tactile with their bottom for an extended period. Rope is also hugely versatile, and the creative control (excuse the shitty pun) it affords my top is exciting.

Unless you're asking about the appeal of bondage in general. I have no clue how to explain that. It's probably just something you just have to be into to get.
>>
>>9302313
Nothing wrong with a bit of rope.. but wouldn't that being posted on like fetlife be a better way to get interested people and not look creepy as hell?
>>
>>9302460
>>9302471
You degenerates deserve to be gassed, here's hoping Trump brings about the next holocaust.
>>
stay away from Tetsushi. he's a known creeper.
>>
>>9302313
>Katsucon 21+

Found your problem. That place is cringey.
>>
>>9302570
Fuck you, you fearmongering piece of shit.
>>
>>9302458
And?
>>
>>9302570
>>9302751
I have seen the accusation. He did something illegal. How's that fearmongering?

I have screenshots to post but I don't want to hurt the cosplayer.
>>
>>9299441

Not going to lie, I wonder how Katsucon is going to manage so many people. Last year was super crowded in the hotel area where my cosplay kept getting bumped and it was difficult to move around. This year I know many coming from CA, FL, Midwest, and most everywhere around the US to attend Katsucon for the first time. I really just do not know how the crowd is going to fit, since most hang around the hotel side and not much of the convention center side.
>>
>>9302570

What happened? I need to know.
>>
>>9303036
"PSA TO ALL COSPLAYERS/MODELS/PHOTOGRAPHERS:
One of the biggest thing that could happen in our lifetime is being betrayed by a friend. A friend you gave trust to despite them being shit-talked by other people.
I have quite a decent amount of patience with people. I can ignore certain actions.. but I cannot let it pass when it can cause harm to others in the future.
TO ALL COSPLAYERS/MODELS. PLEASE BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS WHEN WITH A PHOTOGRAPHER. BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS WHEN YOU ARE CHANGING.
This recently just happened. I was working with a friend to do a small fashion shoot with her. Long story short.. the photographer Tetsushi decides to set up his phone in the bathroom to record her changing. He did not get any footage of that btw, because we caught him in the act. I informed him about it and he apologized.
In the beginning his apology was very bland "I'm sorry I fucked up, I won't do it again". I believed it was a good start. Knowing him as a person I know he can be very awkward with words, but I still have a little hope that he can change. I believe it doesn't justify his actions and thus this post happened. I've encountered many cosplayers who went through such or worse with other photographers and I want to avoid anymore of it happening to others.
It really hurts to know a friend could do such.. but it'll hurt more if things get worse and nothing was done.

Please share this post to warn everyone about what people can be capable of doing when you give them too much trust."
>>
I'm going together with some friends. They have a boat. It's gonna be lit. #Boatsucon
>>
>>9302313
Literally the creepiest fuck there is. What the fuck does rope bondage have to do with a god damn anime convention.
>>9302460
Maki, can you and the rape cuck you groom women for get lost?
>>9303067

No footage, just hearsay. Oh, look, its another Ron Ladao case all over again. No god damn proof and only proof proving otherwise. But social media cunts are quick to call guilty.
>>
>>9303138
>>9303067
agree. Minty Poo is just another attention whore. if it really did happen. she should have gone to the police. not making facebook status.
>>
>>9303177
>>9303138
He admitted to it on his Facebook before deactivating though.
>>
>>9303177
She didn't because it was tough for her to do. He was a long time friend of hers.
>>
>>9303067
Ok, I'm fearmongering anon.

I just hear so much shit talked about photographers with no proof. If he really did that, that's fucked up.
>>
File: 1482089579625.gif (451KB, 392x410px) Image search: [Google]
1482089579625.gif
451KB, 392x410px
>>9299512
>advertising
>>
>>9303192
screencap? sounds like a story she made up. how convenient.
>>
>>9303138
You know rope bondage guy, story time?
>>
>>9303177
looks that way. faked an incident for sympathy . her page gained 250% likes today. notice the photog didn't say anything about it on his page.
>>
>>9303252
well he deactivated so it's hard to screencap now, lol
but he posted things saying "I'm so sorry" "I messed up" "I did the thing
>>
>>9303194
Oh look that excuse again...
>>
>>9303261
He admitted to it on his personal Facebook profile you dumbshit, which he deactivated
>>
File: IMG_4468.jpg (199KB, 749x1127px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4468.jpg
199KB, 749x1127px
An overwatch dance party sounds completely retarded. Kind of want to go see the train wreck that's gonna be thots in printed D.Va suits dancing to kpop
>>
>>9303315
>>9303261
that sounds very one sided. unless the facts come up I'm not buying it. he could have deactivated his profile to avoid the drama
>>
>>9303329
It really doesn't matter because people will believe her regardless of if he did it or not.

Luckily in this specific case it's actually true
>>
>>9303329
It's one sided because he made it that way.
>>
>>9303331
if it's true how come nobody is out there shaming him? i have only seen it on 4chan. nada on facebook or twitter.
>>
File: ill eagle.jpg (71KB, 1010x832px) Image search: [Google]
ill eagle.jpg
71KB, 1010x832px
>>9303261
>>9303067
>>9303138
>>9303177
>>9303252
>>9303310
>>
>>9303364
thanks for the screencap. if it's legit, that's a despicable thing to do.
what the fuck Giselle. he just confessed to doing something illegal and you ask him if he's ok?
>>
>>9303370
"Giselle"

NIgga, that's a man.
>>
>>9303364
Looks shooped. I can tell because of the pixels.
>>
>>9303375
anon, that could be a different person. people do that with facebook profile.
>>
>>9303370
Well if she didn't see Minty's post, the post made by Tetsushi looks pretty vague

>>9303383
It just looks like a screencap that's been handed through fb messenger desu
>>
>>9303370
Giselle seems very "emotionless" to me at times. I could never understand them.
>>
>>9303375
>>9303370
that's no woman. that's a man baby
>>
>>9303383
It's been blown up, so yeah pixelation occurs.
>>
>>9303370
She probably doesn't know what's going on dude.
>>
>>9303036
>>9302570
>>9303364
good. his photos sucks anyway. He's also racist.
>>
File: kay-on.png (65KB, 253x232px) Image search: [Google]
kay-on.png
65KB, 253x232px
>Katsucon thread has more replies than MAGFest thread
>Maybe this won't be a bad Katsucon after all
>It's all photog drama

Never change gulls.
>>
>>9303364
because you can't make a fake Facebook post these days
>>
File: gaylordmapFULL.png (2MB, 1800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
gaylordmapFULL.png
2MB, 1800x2100px
>>9303966
Same. I'm not even going to MagFest and it's been actual talk/hype of the con.
MagFest's guidebook looks more put together (and fun) than Katsu's. (There's even an elevator map.) Why can't Katsu give more comprehensible guides?
>>
>>9304073
Katsu has always been a terribly run con for the longest time. They didn't even have schedules ready to handout back in 2011 on badge pick-up Thursday. Last year MAGFest had their schedule ready to go before even Katsu, and MAG was the week after.

It's kind of why I cringe when people say Katsu is their favorite con. The con itself is not very good, people go for the venue, parties, and to cosplay/shoot.
>>
>>9303364
thanks anon I will share this on fb to warn my friends about this creep
>>
>>9304599
Terry, stop being a wannabe fucking hero.

Once again, you fucking autistic sheep go on a witch hunt based on hearsay and an unverified screenshot and no actual photographic eveidence. Oh wait, inforgot, minty and her white knights were so shocked they didn't take a picture of the phone or record anything.

Fucking retards, I can take any of you down with a simple shooped Facebook post and destroy your lives because of how vapid you are.
>>
>>9302570
>>9303067
>>9303364
I haven't really interacted with him much but when I have I've gotten some bad vibes from him. He's done some shoots with people I've known but we only met briefly when he took a photo of me at a con. He's tried to friend request me and talk to me on Facebook which isn't necessarily a red flag but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

If anything, he's definitely awkward.
>>
>>9304718
i've seen him a lot too. i notice he's really into very young looking asian girls. very creepy
>>
>>9304718
It's because he has a speech impediment so people who aren't close with him may think he's very awkward.

I've known him for close to a decade now (before he got into photography) and when I found out this morning about this shit on FB I wasn't surprised at all.

I'm not in his circle of cosplaying friends but I know Minty and he were very close friends. His photographer privileges at cons is now gone and most likely his social media life outside of his friends he knew before he got into this hobby. I don't understand why people would think this is fake.

I hope he this matter gets settled privately somehow and he doesn't go to jail.
>>
>>9304728
Not Asian but very young looking (although feel free take this with a grain of salt because I feel like every girl on /cgl/ describes themselves as looking like a "12-year-old totemo kawaii desu loli") but I noticed he wanted nothing to do with my friend who was older-looking and heavier than me.
>>
>>9304734
He's been to Japan before and he's had a japanese gf. He's into petite girls, you people are reaching pretty far into this.
>>
>>9304736
I know your photog fee fees got hurt because you don't want to be labeled as a creep too, but trying to defend someone who admitted to being a peeping tom is not going to make you look better. No one is reaching for anything. When someone constantly posts about how much they love lolis, then only shoots with young asian girls, it's going to look bad.
>>
>>9304742
What he did can already put him in jail. You make things worse by framing him as a pedophile when you don't even know him. But I guess if the only way to blow this up on social media is to turn him into one then that's the punishment he will get, I just hope it doesn't turn out that way.

I'm sure his friends who ousted him certainly do not want that to happen.
>>
>>9304686
Anon-kun is triggered
>>
>>9304732
he's aggressive as fuck with my friend at katsucon. I never got why people thought he's awkward. he knows what he's doing
>>
>>9304754
Yes I am. Tired of this social media witch hunt bullshit. Cosplayer says you eye raped them with no evidence whatsoever, fucking kiss your life goodbye.
>>
>>9304978
Maybe try not eye raping cosplayers then you creep
>>
>>9304978
>>9304754
it's not a witch hunt when it really did happen. he confessed it and a lot of people saw the confession.
>>
>>9305006
Yeah, that is true. It was someone else actually who did the screen cap actually. IDK who started it.
>>
>>9303364
He made this one post before this and it was extremely vague. I saw his status first before I heard anything about the situation.
>>
>>9303364
>>9305895
Extended version of what he posted. Just piggybacking off anon. I don't know whether he really did it or not, but you don't just casually admit something like that on public.
>>
>>9305897
>>9305895
wow. i didn't realize it's this bad. How come nobody is dragging him? this should be all over tumblr and fb.
>>
>>9305924
It's definitely slowly spreading. Well, now that it's posted on here, I'm pretty sure lots of people are going to get wind of this.
>>
>>9303317
can tell you right now its going to be shut down, the convention staff is really gearing down to prevent music from being playing in the hallways and what not. Meanwhile I'm going to be laughing my ass off!!!
>>
>>9305956
Convention staff allowed a LoveLive performance dance on Sunday afternoon at the fountains and allowed a dance on Saturday night in a area where there was no major traffic.

Having a dance at 7pm where the Gaylord Fountains start their performances is stupid. You're going to have the fountain music playing delying the actual start of the dance performance.
>>
>>9305895
file this under "status you shouldn't post after commiting an illegal act"
>>
>>9303317
Doubt it will happen, I've been to the fountains at that time and its packed as fuck
>>
>>9305968
They're hoping photographers will take pretty pictures of them with the fountains in the background
>>
>>9305979
>>9305895
My favorite part is that it's a color status. I mean why?
>>
>>9306411
It means they're underage teens using the Facebook app on a Droid
>>
>>9306695
the pedophile is 26 years old...
>>
>>9306721
>pedophile
I thought everyone involved was of age?
>>
>>9306847
Because crying pedophile is the new crying rapist
>>
>>9306847
He's really into young looking girls; he even made this huge elaborate confession video for a girl still in high school. It was embarrassing, especially since she was caught completely off guard and then he tried to make a excuse saying it was from the perspective of someone in a shoujo manga or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>9306905
>high school
That would make him an ephebophile then
>>
>>9306911
well call it whatever you want, it's still pretty gross for him to be hitting on a girl 10 years younger than him and underage.
>>
>>9306914
>underage
Age of consent ranges from 16 to 18 depending on the state. Just because you think something is 'gross' doesn't mean it's illegal or even morally questionable.
>>
>>9306919
good thing the girl involved was under the age of consent in her 'state and did not want the attention from him at all :^) so yes, definitely illegal AND morally questionable.
>>
>>9306929
>>9306919
>>9306847
>>9306902
Stop making shit up. Minty Poo and the other girl is of age. PandaGin is 17 but she wants nothing to do with this drama.
>>
>>9307003
she's 17 now, she wasn't before kek
she wasn't mentioned in relation to the drama, either, just as proof of tetsushi's previous creepiness.
>>
What do you cosplayers looking to book shoots look for in a photographer? Was curious as I'm booking shoots at Katsu but I still have slots despite having nearly 9K followrers on Instagram, but a buddy of mine booked all his slots despite having just barely over 3K in followers and charging more than twice as much as I am and offering less edited photos? looking for perspective and what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>9307118
well without seeing your photos it's hard to say, but from that information, your photos are probably shittier.
>>
>>9307118
pay attention to which photographers get booked out fast: UV. White Specs, Sateriale Productions,THEOREM PRODUCTIONS. They are all good photographers who uses a lot of photoshop. Look at photographers who constantly spam yet nobody book: Sumiko.foto, EMCP, Vander, Caroline Beige. Almost straight out of camera.
>>
>>9307331
>pay attention to which photographers get booked out fast: UV. White Specs, Sateriale Productions,THEOREM PRODUCTIONS. They are all good photographers who uses a lot of photoshop.

Translation: I'm an idiot. Be like me, a person who can't wait to give my money to someone who tries to hide bad photos under cliche gels, overexposure and glowing particle effects in Photoshop.
>>
>>9307382
t. hallway photog too lazy to learn how to post process
>>
>>9307382
>>9307331
Anon asked what cosplayers look for. What's your taken then?
>>
>>9307386
>>9307387
My take? Just look for someone who can take an objectively good photo. If every photo has 8 different colored gels in it, has the highlights blown out so far you can't see any details in the person's face, or they'really trying to distract you with random glowing shit that has no reason to even be in the picture, then don't give them your money.
>>
>>9307387
Cosplayers look for the same thing any potential customer looks for, someone who knows how to market his products. They don't care about the technical aspects of photography, they don't give a shit about the golden ratio or the rule of thirds. What most cosplayers want is a 'professional' photographer who can make them look like a 'professional' model. Sadly as far as cosplayers go, professional means a shit ton of photoshop.

Also, it's not really about how you shoot, but more about who you shoot. Given the choice between a mediocre photographer who can boast that they've worked with the likes of J Nig and Melty or an excellent photographer who has worked with a bunch of nobodies, most cosplayers would choose the mediocre photographer because fuck it if he's good enough for J Nig he should be good enough for them.

Honestly, I think if you're charismatic enough and know how to sell yourself well enough you could probably book an entire con shooting with nothing but an iPhone and Instagram filters. Don't underestimate the power of marketing. Get yourself out there and give people a reason why they should want to work with you.
>>
>>9307331
Some of these guys are still booking and others are shooting for free, just saying
>>
>>9307273

Truth.
>>
>>9307387

Cosplayers are largely unsophisticated consumers of photography - impressed by distractions like Dutch tilts or light flares. Lipstick on a pig. I don't even need to try anymore. Run crap through the same 3 or 4 filters and send. Easy money.
>>
>>9307567
The shoots they do for free are because they want to though; they usually have booked enough to recoup the cost of the con, then they book their free time with friends or cute girls they actually want to shoot with.
>>
>>9307118
Maybe you just have a shit advertisement? Check the Katsucon Photography group for samples. I'll post a few for you to reference
>>
>>
>>
>>9307789
God, this bitch is one of those bait and switch photogs who like to comment on cosplayers posts saying how interested she is in shooting your cosplays, pretend/let you assume she's offering a free shoot, then tacking on a price right at the end. Annoying and tacky as hell.
>>
>>9307796
implying anyone decent would do a photoshoot for free lol
>>
>>9307804
>decent
>kek
See >>9307567 , there are plenty of photogs who shoot for free. If you're going to be commenting on cosplayers' posts acting like you really want to shoot them, the assumption is going to be that the shoot is free. State your prices upfront if it's not; don't go through the whole process of discussing the shoot, booking them in for a time, all without mentioning a price, then after all the arrangements are done, adding on, "oh yea, it's going to be ____ much." It's rude and a waste of the cosplayer's time.
>>
>>9307741
This. Cosplayers don't know shit about photography, only that more colors, lens flares and fire effects means "more gooder fotoez".

>>9307789
Exactly what I was talking about. all her photos are blown the fuck out to the point where you can't see where one person's face ends and the background begins.

>>9307793
Same, even worst than the first. Who would pay money for this shit? It's so badly blown out you can't even tell where they are in 90% of the pics.

>>9307794
How you have 2 gels in every shot and the colors are still washed out? FUCK I HATE THESE FAKE PHOTOGRAPHERS!
>>
>>9307831
Love the new trend of photographers charging by how many lights they use or if they use gels.
>>
>>
>>
>>9308092
Lights are cumbersome as fuck to carry around and setup specially for someone who doesn't have photo assistants. Most photographers don't even use lights inside the Gaylord because of their no tripod/light stand policy. If a photographer wants to charge for using extra lights, then that's their prerogative. If you think it's ridiculous to pay extra for additional lights, then don't pay for them. Just don't bitch about your own photos having ugly flat lighting.
>>
>>9307118

Personally I look for somebody whose ad has a variety of costume types and people. If your whole ad is nothing but sexy half naked girls, I assume you either can't/won't do a good job with normal people. I also usually look for people willing to do groups, which has been extra tough this year as most people are capping it at five no matter how much extra per person they're charging.
>>
>>9303317
The event will likely not happen because this girl just cancels groups and drops all the time
>>
>>9308092
He is a fantastic photographer but I hate the whole "Advanced cosers" thing. There could be someone who doesn't wear any makeup and barely styles their wig who will pay that and be far from advanced.
>>
>>9307796
EMCP does that a lot.
>>
>>9308578
EMCP is the worst! he talks you up and then take you to DM. then he starts naming prices
>>
>>9308635
EMCP killed my family and raped by dog.
>>
>>9308092
Natural retouching? Advanced retouching? WTF? Advanced is making your skin shit and looking like plastic?
>>
>>9308638
which package comes with photoshop disaster? anyone remembers the yashafluff screwup a few years ago?
>>
>>9308638

#PremiumContent
>>
>>9308487
I have 0 desire to book him after looking through his paid shoots from Katsu last year. The dude couldn't be assed to move a light stand out of the photos for a paid shoot he did. Look at the Cinderella photos if you want examples.
It's one thing to take really great pictures of your friends who cosplayer for free, but if you're going to be lazy for the people who are paying you a decent chunk for a shoot, I don't have a lot of respect for your work.
>>
>>9308796
Lots of photographers don't remove light stands from photos though
>>
>>9308796
Which Cinderella/con? Katsu?

I notice his photos with the more popular cosers tend to be more involved.
>>
>>9308825
Does that make it ok? Perhaps we should leave boom mics and other equipment visible in movies instead of editing them out too.

He has some good photos that he posts on his page, but I have seen some photos from a few of his paid shoots and they were to the point you wouldn't even believe they were from the same photographer. A lot of obvious errors and overall lazy editing. Yet he is popular.... from the photos he takes for free.
>>
>>9308825
>>9308796
you all can complain our us taking shitty photos or too lazy to remove light stands. meanwhile I've my convention paid for. who's laughing now?
>>
this is going to be my first katsu and my first big con in a while (last one was anime Boston) and after going through this thread I'm kind of hesitant about going? Are there any good things about this con?
>>
>>9307789
>katsucon
>katsukon
>>
>>9309118
AB is my local con and Katsu has some definite plusses

Way more places to take photos
Higher tier overall of cosplay to look at
Large open areas where it's cool to stand around and socialize without blocking something
Abundant nightlife, actually has a rave

However AB is a better run con for panels/guests/programming/reg/all the con parts of going to con. So ymmv
>>
>>9309118
AB is a better con for panels, guests, and overall smoothness.

Katsu is a better con for cosplay, partying, and making friends.
>>
>>9308637
Eugene actually deleted his personal account but kept his photography page up. I wonder what will happen to those sad saps who still haven't recieved photos from shoots and booked other conventions with him.
>>
>>9310747
Probably just deactivated it again to keep people from posting on it while he's at MagFest or the heat got too hot again. Dude does it on and off, but he's got a secret page, otherwise his pages would be gone too
>>
Seems like the lolita fashion show ain't happening this year.
>>
>>9307796
This. I didn't realize when posting that if someone was interested in shooting me and didn't state a price at any point until a time was set that they would just randomly try and charge me at the end. Just a waste of my time.
>>
>>9311039
He was crying about not getting any bookings for Mag and couldn't go.
>>
So how improper is it to have a Final Fantasy cosplay at Katsu? Repping the White Mage that I had at MAGfest.
>>
Would cosplaying /pol/'s board-tan be better suited for Katsucon or Otakon?
>>
>>9313615
Uhh why would it be?
>>
>>9313686
Its not 'anime.' Just a robe and a few props.
>>
File: 1478252532214.jpg (158KB, 469x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478252532214.jpg
158KB, 469x540px
>>9313691
>It's not anime
You may be retarded.
Also at any given "anime" con, you will see Adventure Time, Superwholock, superheros, and other western/non-anime shit all the time. Literally no one cares what you dress as
>>
>>9313609
Not surprised at his lack of bookings. He's the fuckboi of photographers. Everybody loves his photos until he charges.
>>
File: 1480650227877.png (368KB, 636x694px) Image search: [Google]
1480650227877.png
368KB, 636x694px
>>9313738
I'm sure I've got some brain damage, but thanks.
>>
What's this I hear about actual badges being check this year? Fuck, do I actually have to spend money on a badge now?
>>
File: IMG_9419.jpg (507KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9419.jpg
507KB, 2048x1365px
>>9314096
You only need a badge to get into rooms (panels, AA, dealers, etc). The con floors are fine to walk around. Checking badges at checkpoints or elevators will just back up flow. (I believe they tried badge checking elevators one year?)

Also, foam fountain feat. MAGfest at Gaylord.
>>
>>9290539
Speaking of the funneling I can't have been the only one worried about some scorned nerd with a "fake" assault rifle opening fire on the scantily clad women who scorned him.
I mean most mass shooters are fucking nerdy white dudes who couldn't handle rejection it seems.
But maybe I'm paranoid.
>>
>>9314141
Assault rifles are banned in Maryland, and it's a gun-free zone. We all know how well those work out.

That being said, statistically speaking the religion of peace has been a far greater issue.
>>
>>9314311
Well not with their current methods. Trucks can't get in really, and explosives are hard to come by in shitty third world counties, let alone the US of A.
>>
File: homuramcveigh.jpg (90KB, 768x569px) Image search: [Google]
homuramcveigh.jpg
90KB, 768x569px
>>9314323
>Explosives are hard to come by

Not if you have access to a hardware or farm supply store.

Pic related, though I'm also planning a Homura cosplay I hopefully can finish before the con.
>>
>>9314141
Statistically speaking young black males are astronomically more likely to be shooters.
>>
File: 1353841603001.png (518KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1353841603001.png
518KB, 700x800px
>>9314323
google TATP and how to make TATP nerd
>>
>>9314334
Why is /pol/ always right?
>>
>>9314334
also beating women and rape
>>
>>9314326
Buy enough materials to blow up more than a shed and let me know how long it takes for anti-terrorism to visit you, friend.
>>9314336
See above.
>>
File: CsVrOgWW8AApBT5.jpg large.jpg (90KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CsVrOgWW8AApBT5.jpg large.jpg
90KB, 707x1000px
Anyone got Gaylord hotel space for two?
>>
>>9314540
I'm sure it's a possibility though. The fear that someone might do that is probably why they had dogs at MAGfest desu.
>>
>>9313670
Anyone? I'm going out to buy materials today and I'd like to know if I should make this one now or over the summer.
>>
Anyone going to AniMore?
>>
>>9314702
I honestly thought they were because the hotel got a bunch of complaints of kids smoking weed.
>>
>>9315302
Katsu. You're fine.
>>
>>9313811
His work isn't even good.
>>
>>9315935
LOL. You had nothing better to do at 4 in the morning than to hate?

It must suck being you.
>>
File: 1452733777164.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1452733777164.gif
445KB, 250x188px
>>9316291
>The whole world must be on the same time zone
>>
>>9315431
I forgot that even existed. I was gonna check it out last year but that giant blizzard happened. I don't live far from it so I might check it out if weather permits.
>>
Avoid tetsushi at all costs. Should be in prison
>>
Question about the Gaylord: I booked the hotel under my name a while ago and put myself as the one adult because I wasn't sure which friends would be able to go. The room goes up to 4 but right now it's just me on the reservation, should I add 3 of the other people that are going (I have 8 in my room), or will I be able to change it at the hotel and just ask for extra keys?
>>
File: 20170112_052633.png (2MB, 1434x2290px) Image search: [Google]
20170112_052633.png
2MB, 1434x2290px
>>9316291
>Lives in Washington
>"4Am"
Hi Eugene.
Guess nobody wanted to book with you so you resorted to being free. Stick to hall shots.
>>
>>9316964
To be safe, I would list 3 other people on the resv so you can get those 3 keys. Kind of suspicious to have 4 keys for 1 person. Be aware that the price of the room will increase though.
>>
>>9316964
>>9317087

$20 per person after 2, so $40 extra per day
>>
>>9316991
Con staff probably found out he was charging when he's their official photographer
>>
>>9316991
>Being THIS MAD
>Low key advertising his work, even though you say you hate it

Great job, anon. You win Retard of the Day.
>>
>>9317273
Holy shit tits, its actually you isn't it.
>>
>>9317282
everyone knows eugene white knights himself on cgl anon
>>
>>9308092
>>9308207
>>9308487
>>9308638

White Specs...
He only shows his "best work" only with cosfamous people or popular cosplays, thinking that people are so stupid to think they'll get photos like that. The reality is that he probably never posts any of his commissioned shoots cause he doesn't give a shit about them. I would post some examples of people who were pretty unhappy with their photos, but I'd rather not call out people.

Also, I remember one of his booking ads had a $30 difference just to add color gels to the flash. That fucking thing is a piece of plastic with velcro on it, and this fucker wants $30 more just to attach it on?
>>
>>9303349

Callout/PSA posts are gray area for people honestly.... People don't want to be seen as shit talkers vs actually telling people there is a legit creep. People don't have a problem doing it here cause you can just be anon. Facebook has a nice thing about paper trails though.
>>
>>9317087
>>9317238
Thanks for the heads up! Would I be able to do that the day of, or should I do it sooner rather than later?
>>
>>9318002
I say do it now. At least prepares you for how much it will cost altogether. Also more likely to get 2 beds since there are "4" people.
>>
>>9317809
Some photographers justify that shit. It's BS. You're a photographer. It's you're job to make a good photo. $30 for using gels is BS, unless it's a disposable or you're cutting up gels like in industrial shoots. Not these little BS gel kits for Speedlites.

>>9318002
Better to do it now, would be my suggestion.
>>
>>9318142
Well to be honest, since cosplayers worship gels, it only makes sense to put a luxury tax on them. You guys don't know shit about what makes a good photo, so you're really easy to scam.
>>
23/M cosplayer looking for a spot in a Gaylord room.

Any seagull have an opening?
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.