[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

second/third world j-fash unite!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 62650_o.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
62650_o.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
Are you into j-fash?
are you possibly the only person in your asscrack of a country who is into j-fash?
welcome to the second/third world j-fash thread!
>>
File: tumblr_mgsntgdoYI1rd11tco1_500.gif (1005KB, 443x260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgsntgdoYI1rd11tco1_500.gif
1005KB, 443x260px
>>9279457
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>9279460
thank you, we need it
>>
>>9279457
Isn't the second world the former USSR and soviet satellite states? I thought Russia had a huge lolita community, and Romania has a small one, right?
>>
>>9279583
I'm from a third world country (Panama) but I added second world because I figured they also needed love(?)
>>
>>9279595
> your currency has parity with the dollar

you lucky son of a bitch.
>>
>>9279595
Yeah, I went to your country recently and I must say is such a nice place to go shopping. Soho mall is amazing
>>
my extended family lives somewhere where its not very common at all or even heard of, and people have bigger problems, so whenever they see pics of me in lolita they get really confused
>>
>>9279833
lolita isn't common anywhere
>>
>>9280337
I mean, that's a thing that regularly happens. Food deserts and parental neglect mean a lot of starving children.

On topic though I once met an South African girl who wore gyaru. Her family apparently made all their money in electronics and were pretty well off.
>>
So what's it like to be completely alone like that? Do you fly out to events in other countries, make due with shitty comms, or go it completely alone?
>>
>>9280473
It depends on the country, but it's just pretty much the same than anywhere else. In big cities, there are larger comms with better outfits, small towns will most likely have shitty comms.
>>
>>9279457
Why don't you try to build the community?
Or is it just not worth it?
>>
>>9280473
This year we had our very first lolita tea party ever, but I wasn't able to go. All the girls were veeeery ita which makes me cautious though. I wear lolita to cons and so far I've only seen one other lolita.
>>
>>9280484
I've started a facebook group for it but nobody's joined yet. I'm planning to try and advertise it somehow.
>>
>>9279666
thanks lol
>>9279597
we legitimately use the dollar. like we have our own coins and stuff but nobody gives a damn if you give them a balboa or a quarter.
>>
I've always always been curious about lolitas in countries like this. I remember talking to a lolita on a forum once from somewhere in the Middle East (don't remember what country exactly).

Do you all wear lolita in public or just to events like conventions?
>>
Does anyone in the entirety of Africa wear lolita? I always figured there'd at least be a couple in South Africa.
>>
>>9281370
In Brazil we (well, at least my comm does) wear outside too. Not in everyday life, but to meetings in public places or to take photos.
>>
>>9283440
I mean, just from judging the alt fash scene from bands that seems to come from there... you would think at least someone there enjoys it? Don't they still have extremely limited internet access though? Like more so than China..
>>
Ghana here. I'm pretty into kogyaru and menhera. I'm pretty much the only one, but I'm socially awkward so I don't really mind.
>>
>>9284101
Isn't it considered really crazy to be socially awkward in places like that?
>>
>>9284147
How do you mean? I just kinda stay away from people because I'm shit at interactions.
>>
>>9279595
dud, Panama is second world.
Thrid world is places like Yemen
>>
>>9280473
keep trying with facebook, be patient. You may get ocassional itas/noobs. With time it can grow
>>
>>9279457
>Are you into j-fash?
Yes
>are you possibly the only person in your asscrack of a country who is into j-fash?
No, but I kinda believe I'm the only one sticking to it. Most people into j-fashion I have know end ditching it after a few years and turn to whatever is trending right now.
>>
>>9283449
>>9283440
>implying all of Africa has the same culture and access to the internet
guys... how old are you...
>>
>>9285160
Panama is not, nor was it ever communist. Third/Second/First world country distinctions are old terms from the Cold War that don't really apply to today's world (and were mostly bullshit when they were in use anyway).

Basically the breakdown is:
>First World = "developed" capitalist countries
>Second World = communist scum
>Third World = everything else we can't be bothered with

...and there's your history lesson. Now stop arguing about stupid terms you don't understand.
>>
>>9285184
That is why I clarified the entirety and didn't imply the entire continent has the same culture, friend. Release the salt from thine loins.
>>
>>9283440

I've got relatives in Mauritius, and I know quite a few weebs who cosplay in my family. But no one who actually wears Jfash there. And I know quite the extended family.

That being said, we're Chinese so we're not exactly African to begin with. And again, Mauritius is an oddity because it's essentially an island of immigrants because the only things living there before were dodo birds.
>>
>>9285186

>tfw mods deleted the entirety of the thread trying to educate people on what is 1st/2nd/3rd world and that they're cold war terms

I swear to god these gulls needed the lesson. Thanks for reiterating it.
>>
File: 9y7gbh.jpg (72KB, 1059x572px) Image search: [Google]
9y7gbh.jpg
72KB, 1059x572px
>tfw you want to dress kawaii
>order stuff with shopping service
>spend a buttload
>takes 1 month to arrive in country
>in customs
>being verified by customs for 2 months
>send the documentation
>pay double what you paid before in taxes
>"At least I have cute clothes!"
>goes to wear said clothes outside
>gets assaulted and spat on

I think I'm going to give up.
>>
>>9285395
that is super shitty anon, i'm sorry
>>
>>9285184
I was talking about South Africa... like what about stuff like Die Antwoord? They are definitely into alt fash and have some influence over there, no?
>>
>>9285153
I've met some people from Ghana before and they came across as hella normie. Like for instance, when I told one I was going to have children, she became extremely confused. She pretty much went into shock. Then gave me the spiel about how I would change my mind and that even if I didn't, I should have them anyway.

Seemed to me like people over there have really minimal mindsets. I feel like they wouldn't know what to do with someone who was socially awkward?
>>
>>9285395
middle east?
>>
>>9285471
Ah. Yeah, people are really big on having kids. Family is hugely important.
The worst that can happen to a socially awkward person is they'll just ignore you, though.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.