[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New room thread? The last one reached the image limit. Old one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 118

New room thread? The last one reached the image limit.

Old one here >>9188755
>>
Of course I fucked up naming it. Sorry guys.

>>9275766
It depends what look you're going for. I personally like pink/silver, white/silver, white/beige, and white/gold instead of the traditional red/green color scheme. I'll try to post some easy inspo for different looks.

Pinterest is actually a good resource for gathering ideas for holiday decor. You can find projects that are easily adaptable for materials you already have. Pic related is do-able if you have lots of yarn at home. You can get the wreath form at some dollar stores.
http://www.twineandtable.com/winter-wonderland-pom-pom-wreath/

Mason jars/candle jars filled with lights or battery-powered candles are cute as centerpieces. Not sure if you can find pink mason jars but I know you can find red ones. I saw a pack of 3 red ones for $3 in the Target $1 section just last week. My mom got some clear jars and filled them with cotton balls at the bottom with candy canes in the middle.

Dollar sections in places like Target and Michaels are really worth checking this time of year!
>>
>>9275799
There's a lot of tutorials for using white paper cut-outs against a backdrop of a candle to achieve this. If you wanted to keep it lolita themed, maybe cut the silhouette of lolitas like the early AP x Imai Kira prints?
https://liagriffith.com/paper-cut-winter-scene-in-a-glass-dome/
>>
>>9275810
Same concept here
>>
File: DSC_7071.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_7071.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9275817
Wrap yo door to look like a present
>>
>>9275818
Don't wrap your door to look like a present, it's tacky, at my school we had to do that shit every Christmas. Put something classic like a cute wreath with cute decorations, maybe some stencils or lights, but don't. Wrap. Your. Door. Like a fucking present.
>>
>>9275843
With some imagination you could make it cute. I would use silver paper with a pink ribbon. Relax anon.

Picture to contribute something other than salt.
>>
File: Du6qMj7.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Du6qMj7.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>9275903
>>
File: P1260200-WM.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
P1260200-WM.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9275905
Also an IKEA hack.
>>
>>
>>
File: VEnb7Dj.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
VEnb7Dj.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: Ao47jQ4.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Ao47jQ4.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9275915
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9275843
I'm sorry you were so clearly traumatized by grade school, but it can be done in a cute way. chill, bro.
>>
>>9275917
>hold on lemme just build a royal library in my basement

nice aesthetic, though haha
>>
Does anyone have any way they store plushies in a cute and creative way? I have some Alpacasso and cute Pokemon plushies that I want to show off. Putting them on my bed is a pain when I go to make it. I could put them on a shelf but I wanted to try something different.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9275903

Isn't that from the Jung lets out his freudian BDSM tendencies on Keira Knightley movie?
>>
>>9275926
>not already having a royal library in your basement

fucking poorfags
>>
>>9276199
I like the look of hammocks, or shelves hung from the ceiling (they sort of look like swings).
>>
Anyone have any recs or inspo for cable management ? I really want to fix up the rats nests behind my computer and around my tv.
>>
Also cute pet stuff is good too. Finally getting a new cat after not having one for years and years. So stoked and I want to spoil my fur bb so much.
Im adopting an old girl from a shelter, shes going to live her golden years out in style

Found this really adorable cat fountain
https://www.amazon.ca/Catit-43742-Catit-43742-Drinking-Flower-Fountain/dp/B0146QXOB0/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_clickstream_3_dp
>>
>>9276199
I've been searching for this solution and a feel like either a shelf or a hammock would be best.

Also this thing.
>>
hey gulls, I just moved out recently and am thinking about decorating my new room, I have a list of things I want. What else would be nice for my room?

bed frame.
Vanity table set.
storage display cabinet/buffet
night stand
roman column pedestal
dressers
a sewing station.
curtains/drapes
wallpaper for the entire walls
chandelier
>>
File: index.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
index.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>9276476
Velcro makes really cute simple ones that are reusable.
>>
>>9277913
Pinboards for outfit insp and pictures with friends are always cute. Pictures and posters in general can make or break a cute room imo
>>
>>9277913
Rug if your carpet is fugly or doesn't match
Think about what else you might want on your walls
Chandeliers can look tacky and overwhelm a small area or low ceiling, an option would be a candelabra style table lamp if you like the look
>>
>>9276479
I love fancy pet beds (I foster and currently have a timid ex feral who is living in a wicker basket in the corner of my room, he's gonna need a few weeks to months) but really want a gothic cat tree. So far I'm only finding modern styled cat trees that look like they're from Ikea
>>
File: 1475398210006.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1475398210006.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Req. more like this.
>>
Requesting fairy kei decor and neat wall decorations
>>
>>9280078
This looks like a literal child's room.
>>
Just look rococo and victorian style bed rooms, try to imitate a water down style of it.
>>
>>9277913
A treadmill
>>
File: 1442872529650.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1442872529650.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Does anyone have any inspiration for accessory storage in an aesthetically pleasing way? I feel like a lot of stuff can look messy
>>
>>9276350
that shit is not kawaii
>>
>>9280078
>>
>>9281314
I display my favorite accessories on my vanity and keep the rest in clear baggies inside decorative boxes. I got the idea from angiichan's blog. Getting the link to post here is a sonofabitch, so search "accessory" on angiichan's blogspot.
>>
>>9280419
Who cares
>>
>>9275911
those distressed wooden doors just made me cream myself. wow. looks like a ruined rococo vacation home
>>
>>9275923
That's just tacky and ugly looking.
>>
Voltaire's gothic homemaking show on YT is fun. it reminds me of the old GLB DIY room stuff. has anyone purchased the book?
>>
File: 1467963107277.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1467963107277.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>9281757
I got it for xmas a few years ago, but I haven't really read it. I am really enjoying the show, though.
>>
>>9276204
fucking /tv/ posters I swear.
>>
>>9281339
sex swing kei
>>
>>9281757
When did Voltaire turn into Adam Jensen?
>>
>>9281757
god i haven't heard anything about voltaire in ages! I used to be pretty big fan of him, I had no idea this is what he is doing now
>>
To all Christmas anons, Target has some really pretty "rustic" snowy-looking christmas decor this year that would work well in a shabby chic/victorian style room.

Does anyone know of any good room inspo magazines for a more cottage or shabby chic looking room?
>>
>>9281757

I have the original book, but nowadays it's more quirky than useful (I don't think anyone paints dolls black to use them as decor anymore, for example).

His taste has matured quite a bit, so the show is better imo. It's like... the book is for people that like a really over the top young goth aesthetic (as in "a demon puked all over my studio"), and the show is for 30+ people that want their house to look like a vampire's lair.
>>
File: 4post room.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
4post room.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>9286752
Idk if it's international or if it's just here in the UK, but Country Living magazine
>>
>>9276228
>needing to have it in your basement and not as its own wing of the manor

fucking poorfags
>>
File: images (1).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
images (1).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>
File: 1474121595838.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1474121595838.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: 1474121951432.png (1B, 486x500px)
1474121951432.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Can anyone help me out? Next year I'll be moving out of my apartment and into my sister's living room (it is a pretty big open space), I need some ideas on how I can set up the space to be a bedroom.

Am male, like EGA.
>>
>>9276479
Aw, anon that's lovely! My cats love their fountain. I've found that they drink more with it.
>>
I know this may sound silly, and maybe even a bit judgemental, but I want to ask. Has anyone else noticed how dirty other people's houses are?

For reference, I'm in my early twenties and live in a small studio. My parents always instilled in me how important it was to have a clean home. I always try to make sure my place looks pleasant and has clean towels, clean floors, smells good etc. if I have company coming, I always try to go the extra mile to move all my jackets into the closet and make sure my dishwasher is empty so I have glasses for everyone.

But when I go over to my friends' places they are just... not like that. I don't want to judge them, but I rarely see clean houses or apartments. I mean, I get it if your floorboards are dusty or if you have a cup or two in the sink. But some of the things I see are just kinda gross. I don't think any less of my friends for having their places this way, but everyone always comments on my place and asks how it's so clean.

I have depression and CFS, and I work and go to school. So I understand how life can get busy and you don't always have time for things. I don't judge anyone who has a dirty place. But I was curious if there were any other clean-house anons out there who experience something similar.
>>
>>9294115
What is the layout like? Size? Are they wanting to still use part of the living room?

>>9294118
I'm not bothered even though my parents are pretty neat and tidy. I share a house with my friend and we get a cleaner for common areas every 2 weeks by mutual agreement. To be honest if I keep working full time in this job, it's more cost effective for me to work 2 hours of overtime and pay a cleaner cash once a week. I'm messy but not a totally disgusting person - I'll leave dishes in the sink for 2-3 days and pots overnight to soak, but prefer them to be rinsed off rather than left for food to get gross on them, my clothes might not be put away but they're generally piled on a chair or in the laundry basket rather than the floor, I'll make sure my bedding is cleaned every week-fortnight even if the bed isn't made, I use the floor like a filing cabinet but it gets picked up and the floor gets vacuumed each week etc.
In terms of judging others - if I have friends with babies/young toddlers I don't really care if it's a bit messy as long as the kid is safe (like there's not marbles or anything it can choke on) and the place is not unhygienic.
>>
>>9294195
I'm not entirely sure how much space I will have to work with, the living room itself is huge though... probably about the size of a studio apartment at least.

I doubt the space will be used at all, given that is just a void currently.
>>
>>9286662
Sometimes I forget there are people who don't want to viciously fuck Jensen.
>>
File: Picture1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Picture1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9294211
Have a look at the old Moitie stores if you're into EGA - I'd suggest looking at studio apartments for possible layouts for the bed/other furniture as well.
>>
>>9294233
Have any more?
>>
File: 1334916870.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1334916870.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9294233
Seeing this makes me upset, thanks anon. Their stores were so beautiful looking, I always have my fingers crossed that they will reopen.

Anyway, Momoko's room is perfect room insp for me, I love how its full of so much stuff and she has so many items on displays on the walls.
>>
>>9288737
Looks like someone tried to make their cell fancy
>>
I'm thinking about buying this little Hello Kitty rug. What do?

I'm going for a dollhouse vibe for my bedroom but I don't want it to be too childish. Any recommandations?
>>
File: 41Wyl6Sne5L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
41Wyl6Sne5L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9295779
Dropped pic
>>
File: 1442696357092.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1442696357092.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9295779
Something like this?
>>
Any general tips on arranging shelf/table top displays? I grew up in a household where knick knacks and display ornaments weren't a thing and shelves were for books, but I have a number of things I want to display on the top of my dresser (mainly jewellery and brand wine glasses) without it looking like I just forgot to put them away
>>
File: 1480088923911.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1480088923911.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9295858
I do this a ton in my room, it's really fun and helps make the space feel more personal imo.
The only tip I really have would be finding a theme for what you want to display. I like to separate my bookshelf between manga/figurines, illustration books and art supplies, and other things that go together. From there, just place things in a way that looks good to you.
>>
>>9295858
Try to find colors or themes that go together. Like a decorated wooden comb might look strange placed next to a weeby plushy. but it could look pretty with some fake flowers and a standing mirror. Try to see of you can make it tell a story almost. Worst comes to worst fall back on color. It doesn't have to be the same color but it shouldn't clash, and faded vintage things in most cases look jarring next to new shiny bright things. Idk if this helps.
>>
>>9294118
Also a tidy anon! I live with roommates though. It's really difficult trying to keep everything clean when other people just don't live the way you do. I furnished the house and everyone does an okay job at keeping their mess to their bedrooms, but it still sucks to come home to food stains on your doily and crumbs on the couch...
>>
>>9295954
>>9295944
Thank you!
>>
>>9295834
Yeah,perfect,maybe a bit less clutter/dolls but I love it oh my god
>>
>>9294653
Nothing apart from what you can find on Google
>>
>>
File: 1477498546800.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1477498546800.jpg
1B, 486x500px
anyone have any recommendations for a cute shabby chic quilt set, I really like the one in this pic and am redecorating my room : D
>>
Has anyone seen any black bed canopies that aren't super plain?
>>
>>9302317
Anon I have been searching for a nice fancy black canopy forever, I honestly dont think they exsist im afraid.
Ones like >>9301889 are easy to find on amazon though, you could get one and decorate it? Parfaitdoll did that in a blog post, ofc it was pink and covered in bows but it might help to check out
>>
>>9302124
Check second hand stores and ebay, its easy to find cheap vintage floral quilts and bedsheets etc. as long as getting that sort of thing second hand dosent bother you.
>>
>>9302327
Btw, that set looks like its from laura ashley. Also, check department stores

Sage for samefagging
>>
>>9302124
Hey friend! This is my room. I bought that quilt from Target on sale, it's just from their "Shabby Chic" line! Laura Ashley on Amazon has a lot of cute quilts too.

I also shop Vintage Linen groups on facebook-- you can find a lot of cute sheets that sometimes haven't even been opened! They are much better quality than sheets made now. And they have much cuter patterns.

Good luck!
>>
>>9277913
some tips from someone who has moved out.

>don't overcrowd your living space.
you end up wanting aaaaaall the cute stuff for the apartment, only to have waaaay too much stuff to handle.

>have a colour palette, and stick to it.
>storage is super useful, and a must.
>think about the furniture in a cleaning situation.
it could look nice, but a nightmare to get around with a vacuum cleaner and a mop.
>>
Does anyone here practice the Japanese tradition of Year-end deep cleaning? I mean, you gotta clean everything, including windows and floorboards. Have you done it? Do you plan on cleaning today or maybe tomorrow?
>>
>>9305516
I do that every time my school quarter ends.
>>
File: vintage romapri.png (1B, 486x500px)
vintage romapri.png
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: Room1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Room1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Looking for more ~otaku~ style room inspo that isn't super cluttered, pic attached is part of my room, but the rest of my room is still a WIP so if anyone has any inspo pics I would love to see! (The shirt on the wall is a placeholder)
>>
>>9305516
My family does something similar. My mom says it's bad luck to start a new year with a dirty house, so we spend like a week just cleaning fucking everything.
>>
where do you draw your inspo from? any sites you can recommend?
>>
File: DSC_0181.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_0181.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
Can I get some reccomendations/idea for a cute light fixture? My little chandelier I usually keep around my pendant light recently broke so I want to replace it with something new.

Ideally I'd love something like this picture, but it's some super pricey designer piece haha. I'm open to DIY ideas as well, I'm just super nervous about shit catching on fire or something.

Anything cute, elegant and not too big is what i'm going for, prefferably white or muted pastels/metallics! Flowers/clouds/cutesy characters/anime are all right up my alley.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9308200
Pinterest for me mostly because I love minimalism but what few things I keep to display are all Lolita/Kawaii aesthetic.
When I don't feel like cleaning I read or look up konmari videos and that gets me into the mood, it another source of inspiration.
Pic related but with Lolita hung up instead is my ideal aesthetic.
>>
Target has these in the discount section for $5 right now. They're supposed to be desk bins for keys and such but I have so many knick knacks that they worked perfectly for shelves for me.
The inside shelf comes in pink and gold, or you can get just the hexagon in a bunch of other colors for $3.

They're too small for figures unfortunately.
>>
>>9302324
Looks like the site is down.
>>
>>9309292
http://www.parfaitdoll.com/2015/02/roomspiration-my-princess-bed-canopy.html
>>
>>9275798
So I've just moved into a cute little house and I'm trying to think of how to decorate my bedroom.. but there are only lights on one half of the room. Cute lighting tips?
>>
>>9294118
I kind of know that feel anon.
I live at home, and the rest of my family are messy and dirty, my mother in particular. It gets really annoying to have to keep cleaning up after them, and worse is the feeling knowing i cant ever tidy up their messes, because they're not mine to touch. For example, the living room - which i never use, is also messy and is full of my mums clutter which I'd love to just get rid of but she needs to okay on what can be chucked and cleaned, and what cant - and she's often too busy or cant be bothered.

I'm not super clean either, but I keep my room well kempt and clean it and my sheets etc. often. I really wish i didn't have such a messy family - it's outright embarrassing, I'm always ashamed to have guests over especially if they're unexpected.
>>
How do people organise their cosmetics (skin care, moisturizing stuff, hair spray etc) and such without cluttering their dressers?
>can't store this stuff in bathroom unless I want housemates using my shit

Looking for dresser inspo as well.
>>
>>9295834
>>9296253
This is vinnieboyvintage on instagram!
>>
>>9310779
Wrap fairy light around vanitys, beds etc and put battery powered lamps on shelves
>>
>>9307780
Cute room, anon! That Kirino dakimakura is cute af <3
>>
>>9307780
Cute room! The palette is especially comfy. How are you keeping those fairy lights/banners up, by the way? Also how are you hiding the extension cord/battery pack for those lights?

I really like placing fairy lights everywhere, but visible cordage or bulky batter packs really limit how I can place them.
>>
So I'm finally getting an aesthetic going in my apartment and I'm working on my room. However I have a queen bed that takes up most of the room. I want to put it into the corner but I feel like that would be weird? Do you guys think it would look awful having a larger bed in a corner?
>>
>>9307780
I don't really have any inspo but I love all of the Danganronpa stuff you've got going on :')
>>
>>9276204

Correct
>>
>>9310795
I understand this feel too.
I live with my family as well and my aunt is living with us temporarily. She leaves her clutter everywhere, even shared spaces and I can't tidy up those places because it's her stuff. It's frustrating.

>>9310806
I found this pic of a cute vanity, I guess putting each stuff in a cute container could help organize it.
>>
>>9310806
I use a few buckets put together and when I was in a dorm room I used the door hanger storage
>>
>>9313761
Door hanger style
>>
>>9276476
What are these called and where do I get them
>>
>>9276476
Those are cute.

I found this on Aliexpress if anybody wants the kind you nail yo your wall or baseboard.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/761000990.html
>>
File: leaf-tie.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
leaf-tie.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9313863
Google search leaf cable tie and you'll find them.
>>
>>9311902
Queen isn't that large. I think it's fine to have in a corner, a king bed in a corner would be weird though.
>>
File: lightsetup.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
lightsetup.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9311288
The lights I use have a kind of wire cord, so I just lightly wrapped them around white thumbtacks (which is also what holds up the banner) I got them at brookstone by the way, for about 7$, they're battery operated, I tried to show in the pic that the cord goes down the other side of my wall (the battery pack is just placed on top of my bookcase)
>>
File: moreroomstuff.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
moreroomstuff.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9314621
Because of how my room is set up I don't have a problem with the battery pack showing (Nico just sits on it)! Also, this is my bookcase which is currently a little messy because I'm still reorganizing/I took an entire manga series off the shelf to read
>>
>>9313898
>leaf cable tie
I searched and it's sold out everywhere
>>
I'm hoping to do some work to my room soon but I need some inspiration!

I have a lot of manga but I'd like to be able to make my shelves look cuter.

Also any inspiration for making displaying my makeup? I also find it looks too messy
>>
>>9315352
Honestly I would recommend some white floating shelves to display your figures - or at least your scales, while only leaving the smaller, cuter figures on your bookshelves.
>>
>>9283818

this is adorable and simple. All of it looks easy to sew yourself.
I wish I had this kinda sweet simple bedroom style in my teens and college years. It would have been perfect.
>>
>>9310806
more of this please
>>
>>9310806
I have a vanity in my bedroom for makeup. Maybe buy a cute decorative box with a plastic organizer tray to keep your stuff in?
>>
I decided to upcycle my chair yesterday because the original fabric looked pretty disgusting and I never paid attention to it until now. Luckily I had this fabric lying around that I never even used, I was skeptical at first but I think I like it now. Unfortunately there are little folds around the edges and I'm thinking of attaching grey ruffles like in pic related in order to cover them up. Do you gulls think that it would be too much? Should I go with lace instead?
>>
>>9320357
It could look cute but not in grey, beige to match the print will look better imo.
>>
File: 20170115_205351.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170115_205351.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9320359
The base colour is actually white, it only looks beige because my lighting is pretty yellow. But I see what you mean, I've been considering white or pink too (to match the bg colour behind the fawn) instead of grey
Pic related is the folds I want to cover up
>>
>>9307780
Where did you get those banners? So cute!

Anyone have inspo for storage/deco/furniture for a small room, about 7ft x 10ft? I'm about ready to trash this vanity desk I never asked for (my mom just buys furniture) and install a tabletop into the wall. I'm already trashing this large dresser that takes up a third of the room for a wall clothing bar.
>>
>>9320974
The banner was from the Target party section actually! I bought it for a party and then forgot about it, so I just kind of threw it up and figured it's cute enough, more normie decorations help even my room out a bit
>>
Not 100% sure this is related, but does anyone here have suggestions for how to make a work-place nicer to work in? I'm already getting some lolita postcards and thinking of getting some fake flowers (So they won't bother people with allergies.) but I'd love to hear other suggestions.
>>
File: 789769755.gif (1B, 486x500px)
789769755.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>9321008
Thank you~
>>
>>9308705
It looks cool but is a bad idea because of the risk of sun damage.
>>
>>9310795
That was my house growing up. You know those photos that pop up of girls wearing lolita and their house looks disgusting? That's what I grew up in. It was a fight tooth and nail to try cleaning and every attempt was either shot down, made them angry, or just absorbed back into the mess.
>>
>>9315520
Oh sorry anon that's not my picture, just looking for more inspo.
>>
File: cute desk decor.png (1B, 486x500px)
cute desk decor.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9321238
Anon you could get cute desk supplies and stationery, bring a nice looking mug or cup to drink water from or get some nice looking desk organizers.
>>
>>9310806
>>9318953

I found some pics of vanity organization.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
maxresdefault.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9325352
>>
>>9325357
>>
>>9325360
>>
>>9325363
And last one I found, more on the goth side than sweet.
>>
>>9315352
For people interested in displaying figures this way, don't. I had 2 figures fall and break this way and they get in the way of books. Not to mention they get dusty frequently and make the space look more cluttered.
>>
>>9321238
Can't post a pic of my work space (against policy), but I decked my ugly cubicle out in cute/nerd shit to make it more home-y.
I highly recommend you start by picking a color scheme that works with what you got (my cube is ugly moss green & grey, so I have butter yellow, teal, white and pops of gold and hot pink) and maybe a theme if you roll that way.

Recommendations for shit to buy/bring:
>fake flowers are great!
>decorative blanket and/or pillow for chair(s) in your space (bonus: cover up more ugly office fabric)
>cute mug, water bottle, bowl, plate, silverware, etc that matches your theme--you're going to eat at your desk eventually, might as well make it ~*aesthetic*~
>mouse pad
>memory foam bathmat--put under your keyboard/laptop for comfy-cute combo
>clock!!! useful as fuck. I have one actually hanging in my cube, but you can get a desk one if you like
>thumb tacks, stapler, tape dispenser, etc--may be provided but you can get them for cheap and make a big difference. I politely put my shit back in the supply closet and bought my own
>cute cup = pencil holder
>on-theme paper clips, file folders and staples to be extra as fuck and leave a litte personality every where you go
>keep an eye out for work-appropriate prints that match your pallet/aesthetic/theme to hang
>a couple figures/plushies if you roll that way
>rug if you can afford it and have the space
>nice notebook/planner!!! also pretty pencil pouch, pens, etc.
>nice purse/brief case to carry shit in
>pretty phone case for ya work phone

Use your judgement based on your work environment. Have fun!!!
>>
>>
File: reference.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
reference.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>
>>9326961
I'm pretty sure these are miniatures. Still works as room inspiration though I guess.
>>
>>
File: tissue.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
tissue.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Just saw this cute tissue dispenser over at ebay

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-Butterfly-Cosmetic-Makeup-Pad-Organizer-Jewelry-Storage-Box-Case-Holder/272090463233?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40832%26meid%3D51cd7b599cca49f9882599b0e15f65ac%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D141864298385
>>
>>9326976
Yeah it looks like dollhouse room, but I'm still jealous I wish I had a doll room like that
>>
Can someone help a friend out, please? I recently bought a big Kallax shelf from Ikea, and I want to put a cute set of pull-out drawers inside to fit a bunch of my jewellery, but I can't find any inserts that have more than 2 or 3 drawers, and I have a ton of cute little pieces that I want to keep separated. I've trawled through Aliexpress, my local hardware and craft shops, everywhere. Does anybody have any ideas? Can someone please help me?
>>
>>9326961
Ok so I couldn't believe this was a miniature, but I did a google reverse search and found the source. That's an incredibly fucking detailed dollhouse.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93901807@N00/2573398386/
>>
>>9329363
The Container Store has an enormous selection of storage containers. You probably won't find something that fits exactly like a Kallax insert, though (unless you build it yourself, which is an option).

Here's some Container Store links:
http://www.containerstore.com/s/luxe-acrylic-modular-system/d?productId=10036225&q=drawers
http://www.containerstore.com/s/white-opaque-modular-stackable-drawers/d?productId=11003136&q=drawers
http://www.containerstore.com/s/acrylic-accessory-drawers/d?productId=11003657&q=drawers
>>
Just adding my make up box to the other collections here, it was very cheap (£3 from tk maxx) also the peacock is 3d not sure if its visible on the picture. It holds a good amount of make-up.
>>
>>9330036
Damn I want those white and red boots in human size
>>
>>9302317
I just use curtains.
>>
>>9330459
Sage for off-topic but I found some similar boots to those here:

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/us4-14-womens-loita-cute-high-platform-wedge-heels-pumps-knee-high-boots-lace-up/400838977386?hash=item5d53dd676a
>>
>>9329363
Could you get one of the two of three drawer units ikea makes to fit, and then divide inside the drawers with dividers/trays?
>>
File: 4rfghhjn.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
4rfghhjn.jpg
1B, 486x500px
H-Hi, I'm the anon who thought ramen noodle packaging was a good idea for wallpaper. It's been a few months now and I think that I'm getting better at decorating? I've been actively trying in between work and school but I have this problem where I feel like my room is too big? Also I only have one window which is facing away from the sun and two power outlets, so lighting has also been a pain. Any advice?

>also pic of when i was making the ramen wall
>btw i threw it away but now i kinda regret doing that
>it took me months to make because i didn't want to waste the ramen

Also I should note that I live in the middle of nowhere and the only stores that have furniture near me is Walmart and the thriftstores but the thriftstores like to overprice their stuff

[spoiler] which is ironic because they have deals on clothes and what have you for like 25 ¢ all the time, it's just furniture which is mad expensive [/spoiler]
>>
File: room.png (1B, 486x500px)
room.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9334394
A blueprint like thing since when I originally posted an anon asked for one
>>
>>9334463
>>
>>9334472
>>
>>9334475
>>
>>9334511
>>9334511
>>
>>9334517
>>
>>9334519
Sorry I'm posting a lot from this one room but it's my ultimate aesthetic. I hope to reach something like this one day.
>>
>>9334521
>>
>>9334523
>>
File: 1476653938434.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1476653938434.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334538
>>
File: 1476288422170.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1476288422170.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334552
Another fave
>>
>>9334553
>>
File: 1462039330405.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1462039330405.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334555
>>
File: 1461622861382.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1461622861382.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334556
>>
>>9334557
>>
File: ott.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ott.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I just got the best luck of going into Ross and finding a suede/velvet pastel pink ottoman with lots of inside storage! Its an awful low light photo, but Ive been looking for one forever and nothing ever was at a reasonable price that woulld match my pastel pink bedspread.
>>
>>9334558
>>
File: 1458397291103.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1458397291103.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334598
>>
File: 1458357972943.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1458357972943.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9334602
>>
>>9334552
I love the look and idea of having a sleeping space next to an open window like this, but my biggest fear is having someone watch me while I sleep. What if you wake up in the middle of the night and someone is staring into your house ;;;;;;;
>>
File: 1467974309725.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1467974309725.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>tfw room is nice but the walls are really bare

I'm not sure what to put up on them... I have a few posters that fit the aesthetic I'm going for but I feel like its kind of hard to find really nice ones. Maybe I'm just shit at looking for posters?
>>
>>9340645
The walls dont look bare. You could always opt for those really pretty wall decals with roses and vines. I love those. I had a tree with falling leaves and pastel pink flowers for a while. ...Until my cat tore it down.
>>
>>9334603
This room is cute, but those bunny bears look so grimy and dirty. Whoever owns this room, please wash them, eugh
>>
>>9341749
>bunny bears
>not knowing what usakumya is
>on /cgl/
but yeah I agree they do look dirty
>>
>>9341899
Anon, "Usakumya" means bunny bear.
>>
>>9340722
Ah, silly me, I should have specified that the pic wasn't my room! Here's a pic of my naked walls and the weird ledge that's both a blessing and a curse.

Floral wall decals are a nice idea, actually. And speaking of florals, those bunting flags that seem to pop up on occassion may not be a bad idea either.
>>
>>9341913
Now that you mention it! I've just never seen them referred to as bunny bear before.
>>
>>9330036
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/93901807@N00/2573398386/
thank you for this link!! i feel like i've been looking for this forever!
>>
>>9295956
I live with my boyfriend now, no more roommates, and will never again.

The worst is people who think they are clean. Before people assume this is a controlling neat freak, I left the rug in the bathroom, the bathmat, and a few cooking implements that were just too fucked up or filthy to bother salvaging.

Never again. People can get their own shit if I share a home again, my stuff will be used only by me. Be cautious anon. At the least they should be trying to clean stains and crumbs they leave, that's just a matter of respect.
>>
>>9294118
>Has anyone else noticed how dirty other people's houses are?
Anon, that was my house growing up. Like, it was so nasty I had visitors refuse to use our bathroom and you'd keep your shoes on because of how disgusting the floor was.

I'm still fighting to break the cycle and I've made some major improvements, but it's still a battle. At least I don't mind washing dishes now with being screamed at for doing them wrong.
>>
>>9334552
>putting a flammable object next to a radiator
The room is nice in theory.
>>
Moving out soon, need gothic showgirl/circus style inspo. I'll try to track some down so I can showcase. And I can paint at this place! Yay!
>>
File: showgirl1.jpg (70KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
showgirl1.jpg
70KB, 500x335px
>>
>>9294719
Momoko's room looks so cozy and like someone lives there day in and out. Half the room examples always look like they're done purely for a photoshoot.
>>
>>9349885
Also thinking about doing red black and white verticals stripes with the red being glittery. Is there glittery contact paper I can get to make the stripes with or am I stuck painting them by hand?
>>
File: showgirl.jpg (10KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
showgirl.jpg
10KB, 244x206px
>>9349888
>>
File: teaparties-1.jpg (47KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
teaparties-1.jpg
47KB, 500x281px
For the love of all that is frilly, somebody help me. I have almost 20 pairs of shoes and I've no good storage solutions.

I want to get a shoe rack or something but I also want whatever storage solution I turn to, to:

1. Look nice and be sturdy

2. Allow me to actually see the shoes (not necessarily the whole shoe, but at least enough to tell which pair they are)

3. Be versatile to store anything between Tea Party-height shoes and knee-boots-height shoes. I'm thinking whatever I do probably will involve the big boots on the side, but then I have some ankle-shin height shoes/sneakers/boots that I'm not sure what to do with....

Anybody got some inspo pics or ideas? I would be so grateful!!
>>
>>9352125
Worse case. You could get some pretty shoeboxes and attach a photo of the shoes.(remember seeing that as an organization method)
>>
>>9352125
I use these shoes racks that look like the book shelves from ikea. Actually they might be bookshelves, but they look nice and work great for shoes!
>>
>>9334475
>>9334511
>>9334517
>>9334519
>>9334521
>>9334523
>>9334538
Is this Ship's house? I freaking adore his aesthetic, and he's just an overall interesting person with great stories <3
>>
File: 20170211_003152.png (557KB, 1440x1742px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_003152.png
557KB, 1440x1742px
>>9352227
Ikea sells these.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170211-003439.png (643KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170211-003439.png
643KB, 1440x2560px
>>9352273
>>
File: Screenshot_20170211-003541.png (584KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170211-003541.png
584KB, 1440x2560px
>>9352278
>>
I have a question for those livin in apartments, do you have to ask permission from your landlord/caretaker to put up shelving on the walls? Do you do it anyway?
>>
>>9313898
good god they come in black
>>
File: sho.png (284KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
sho.png
284KB, 405x720px
>>9352280
>>9352278
>>9352273
>>9352227
i can't recommend these enough; they've been such a breakthrough. at this point, it's my opinion that shoes are better off simply not being displayed. they're dirty, and even when they're not, they're visual clutter at best. even huge celebrity shoe closets are usually tacky and messy-looking. bless the shoe cabinets.
>>
>>9352510
I've never gotten permission and its never been a problem as long as the holes/damage is covered up by the time you leave. I've lived in about 3 different apartment complexes since graduating and never lost a security deposit or had to ask permission first.
>>
>>9352129
>>9352227
>>9352273
>>9352278
>>9352280
>>9352759

Thanks for the replies! I didn't know those shoe cabinets were a thing; I'm definitely interested! I think that's the direction I'll head. Thanks so much!!
>>
>>9326987
It's cute but it's for facial cotton pads for skincare, not for tissues.
>>
File: N4Ydy.png (105KB, 368x239px) Image search: [Google]
N4Ydy.png
105KB, 368x239px
>>9343042
>that filename
>>
>>9326987
I've seen very similar ones being sold at Daiso.

Also Michaels is having a sale on their photo boxes. They have some with nice designs and plain ones too. They're nice for organizing stuff.
>>
>>9309134
Awesome!
>>
>>9313898
Yeah, I need those.

>>9334521
I like this type of room a lot, anon.

I want my place to look like the Aunt's house in the Practical Magic movie, but I'm too broke.
>>
>>9362978
>>
>>9362982
>>
>>9362983
>>
>>9275923
ah shit I actually think that looks really cute.
But I feel if I use this then i gotta host christmas and go over the top
>>
>>9281757
The Gothic Homemaking show is the reason why I'm redoing my whole damn apartment.
I love it so dang much
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.