[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand Lifespan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1464698125268.jpg (278KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464698125268.jpg
278KB, 800x450px
A lot of oldfriends or otherwise nostalgic people say older brand items are of higher quality or better construction than newer pieces, but nothing's been done on a large scale to prove either statement. I thought it would be a good old fashioned fun time to collect data on items made by brands in the last 20 years. Go ahead and fill out as many surveys as you can for items that you're the most recent owner of, including pieces that are damaged beyond repair. Try to be impartial here.

(Board thinks the link is spam so I put it in the picture, here's the hard part for copy/pasting purposes.)
>aMdNEoUOOlayqIq63

>No bodyline ya dummies

Since 4chan is an anonymous platform, this is also a good place to get me some opinions on older vs. newer main piece quality. Feel free to share your opinions of brand quality then and now in the thread. Give me your honest opinion. Horror stories very welcome.

Be aware your comments may end up in the "report" I make after I've collected data. If you don't want that, just say so.
>>
>>9274942
This information is pretty useless unless you were the sole owner of an item, though. With anything second-hand you don't know if the last owner kept it in their wardrobe for ten years or was wearing it and machine washing it every week, so you can't draw any conclusions about durability from it. I doubt there are enough people that have kept the same dress 15 years to get reliable results.
>>
>>9275090
I think you have a point there with the storage. I'll adjust the questionnaire, and keep it in mind as I sort through the data that the first few answers didn't receive that question.

Thanks for responding!
>>
>>9275127
Should I still fill this out for a dress that is old, but was marked as good condition on LM, but really wasn't at all? I haven't touched it since and am still debating on how to clean it without the dye running (AP red).
>>
>>9277086
Yeah absolutely. Answer the questions per the actual condition of the dress, not what the seller listed it as on LM.
ie. If the seller listed it as good, but it arrived with a big stain that wasn't disclosed, then select "major damage" instead.

I hope you find a way to clean it!
>>
Bumping. This concept is interesting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.