[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve an entire thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 21

File: 1460166485124.png (297KB, 655x617px) Image search: [Google]
1460166485124.png
297KB, 655x617px
I'll start with mine. Is it weird to not let people take photos of you? People have done strange things to me while in cosplay (copped a feel of my boobs, my ass, I've even been lifted and kissed) so I try to avoid that like I have somewhere to be
>>
>>9271383
nope, you're not obligated to do whatever every random person wants and who gives a shit about them especially if they're gonna be pervy about it
>>
Do you guys personally try to have a different cosplay for each day of a con? Or is that only for try hards?
>>
How long should I wait for a lace market seller to reply/send shipping information before I file a PayPal dispute?
>>
>>9272018
I always try to do a different cosplay (or two) for each day of the con because I own so many now, but god changing and prepping so much is EXHAUSTING. I Usually only wear 2/3 of what I bring.
>>
>>9271383
>Is it weird to not let people take photos of you?
yes, in that it is "not normal." but you have every right to refuse. in fact, you can even make it into an artistic statement.

or just refuse. weird or not. statement or not. because you don't owe anyone.

>>9272018
yes, because sweat happens and convention centers are filthy. one public restroom use and i am ready for a shower and entirely new coord*

>*not a cosplayer 2bh
>>
>>9272021
do they specify how long it make take in their TOS?
>>
>>9272018

I'm going to say you should have different clean clothes for each day of the con. Whether or not each set of clothing is a cosplay or not is up to you.

It's kinda weird and brings up gross connotations if people see you in the exact same outfit for three days straight, even if you didn't sweat, don't smell, changed out of cosplay for the evening, etc etc. Most people (the sane ones anyway) will be wondering about your hygiene at that point, not judging you on your tryhardness...
>>
>>9272051
>>9272066
Yeah, sorry, I meant like do you dress up for everyday of the con/plan a cosplay for eveyday. Not like show up in the same outfit everyday, and just be like, "oh it's that pikachu guy again...."
>>
>>9272066
I feel this is very much an American thing, where I live it's pretty normal to wear the same outfit two days in a row.
Of course, if you're going to be sweating your ass off at a con people will still give you side eye here, too.

Dumb "question" that I'd like to hear stories about: how do you guys stop yourself from burning out too soon working on a thing? I've given myself about a year (needs to be done by October 2017) to work on a cosplay that I thought was above my skill level, and the good part is that things are going better than expected! The bad part is that that makes me overzealous to work on it more and I'm kind of starting to feel both enthusiasm and boredom. Just take a step back, I guess?
>>
>>9272151
Speaking of sweat, how do you wash a costume without it falling to pieces?
>>
>>9272300
If it's a bit delicate/not particularly sturdy, handwashing just where it needs cleaning or getting a garment steamer could do the trick, bonus points for airing it outside in the sun. You could also wear undergarments if it's not too warm to reduce the amount of body contact so it can't get as sweaty etc.
>>
>>9272140
Depending on the costume I find it's easy to avoid getting it too dirty by wearing the proper undergarments and just switching those out every day. With some designs you can't, and those I only wear once before washing. With some other designs where the cloth parts are simple I'll make multiple and and then wear the same armor/props or whatever that wipe down easily.
>>
Where I can find man jfash stuff, blogs and so on?
>>
>>9272018
I do. Mostly because I like to wear as many of my cosplays as possible (sometimes I'll do two a day). Seconding >>9272047 that it is super exhausting but I think it's worth it.
>>
Anything I need to keep in mind when buting/wearing platforms? I need them for a character who is tall and intimidating, and would like to add at least 10cm if possible. The character is kinda gothy, so a relatively plain pair of platform boots isn't too far off stylistically.

Is it worth splurging on a brand (especially if it's only for cosplay)? Am I setting myself up for disaster?
>>
>>9272300
What >>9272306 said, if it's something sewn then washing machine on gentle cycles, if it's fragile/too big for the machine, hand wash. I've stuffed some things in my bathtub to wash since they wouldn't fit in my machine without fucking up. If you really really cannot wash it, I've seen people recommend spraying the costume with alcohol, since that'll evaporate, but I can't see how that would get rid of smells.

>>9272333
If you're just going to wear it at a con, don't bother getting the best ones you can find. I mean, don't cheap out and get the most cheaply made ones either, but don't shell out all your money. The best thing you can do is check reviews; if there's issues like soles letting go they'll usually pop up in reviews.
>>
>>9272140

Ah yeah. In that case then how many costumes is up to you, for those who are hardcore cosplayers they might even do five or six costumes (they'll change halfway through the day), while those that are there to enjoy the programming might not bother with costumes at all. It really depends on what you like.

If it's your first con I'd suggest focusing on doing one costume properly, not three, so you aren't too rushed. Then pack comfy clothes to change into so that you can explore the con and attend programming more easily without worrying about damaging your costume. Look at the programming and decide which days you want to cosplay and which days you don't. If you have particular artists you're looking for in the artist alley, you'll probably want to do that first just in case they sell out of their good stuff, cosplay on the second or third day. If you're stuck with one of those small cons with not much to do then I guess you could straight up do cosplay every day.
>>
>>9272315
tumblr has something like a male jfash blog but idk

keep an eye on tokyofashion.com, they have a tag for men
>>
>crossplay
>cute girls come up to me and take pictures of me or hug me
>get erection because cute girls close to me and giving me attention

How do I not do this

Like seriously it's not even like I'm turned on, it's just body response. It immediately makes me panic because I don't want it to be noticeable
>>
>>9272547
Think of them as something else. Your sister if you're not into that. Your mother. Someone who disgusts you to a /molecular/ level. That's how I keep it from happening.

otherwise, avoid tight pants
>>
Is there's any etiquette I should know for using Fril or even Mercari?
Like do people get mad if you like/heart their item but don't buy it soon afterwards?
I think I can make out most of the stuff pretty well but I'm afraid of unknowingly offending people somehow
>>
>>9272547
You should be old enough to know how to deal with erections by now.
>>
>>9272333
What I've seen other people do is stack plain flip flops to the bottom of their shoes so if you cant find a platform high enough you could try that
>>
>>9271383
I've asked this question here before, and the general consensus is its perfectly fine. Some people might be a bit confused if you're planning on denying all photos since cosplayers usually want photos, but no one really had a right to get upset if you decline. Alternatively, just use your judgement and decline photos from people who make you feel uneasy, and adopt a "no touching" policy where people can take photos -of- you, but not with you. Having a male companion also helps deter handsy guys, but not always.

>>9272018
I'll find that having a line-up is a good plan, but trying to schedule them for specific days isn't. I bring a selection of cosplays and wear what I feel like, when I feel like, or whenever I need to do group cosplays with friends, or scheduled shoots.
>>
>>9272764
>stack plain flipflops
1) how
2) why
3) that sounds like a terrible idea
>>
>>9271383
It's strange because cosplay is often something to be photographed. You do have a right to decline, though.
>>9272018
Yes I often do. Sometimes spilt the cosplay into 2 days.
>>
Hey /cgl/ I bought some colored contacts online, but apparently in the US you need to visit an eye doctor before hand? If any of you have had to go to an eye doctor for the same reason, what exactly does he do that's so important and not easily found online (cleaning information etc). I don't want to fork over 80-250 buckaroos for some nigger to give me a thumbs up ur good to go
>>
>>9273799
to make sure you don't fuck up your eyes, you need a professional to measure your base curve. if you aren't getting prescription contacts (corrective vision lenses), you do not need the full checkup but you should still go to find out your BC.
>>
>>9273805
>base curve
What good does that do, they're a set fucking size
https://www.paranalentes.com/colored-contact-lenses-solotica-hidrocharme-honey-mel

There's a bunch of retarded youtubers that have made videos on the contacts and similar ones from that company with no problems, I don't see what the deal is
>>
>>9273808
most people have a base curve within or near-enough to standard contacts, but if your own deviates too far from that lens's curve, it can fuck with your eye.

the general "wisdom" is it is ok to a step above or below your BC. for a lot of people, that means they cannot buy certain contacts, and need to find the color they want elsewhere.
>>
>>9273437
The weird part is when I do male characters. Women grab my ass all the time, it's so fucking uncomfortable. And one time I told the people working the Con and they laughed at me. Didn't go back for four years
>>
>>9273813
>it is ok to a
* it is okay to go a
>>
Is it alright for me not to use contacts? I'm not aiming for perfection or anything but I've had major eye issues in the past regarding infections and want to avoid it. Would you say wrong eye color breaks a cosplay?
>>
>>9273821
How can you overlook >>9273799 , Rude!

Tell me how you got infections and how I can go about avoiding them
>>
>>9273821
if the eye is a major aspect of the character, maybe

but if you are concerned for your health, who cares about that? you likely have other character inaccuracies to worry about anyway.

>>9273823
using the right base curve is a good start to avoiding infections

and you ignored everyone above you friendo
>>
>>9273827
b-but I don't fux with /cgl/ so I dunno what to respond to questions, I just know that yall would know about colored contacts
>>9273813
>>9273805
Here's another (you) as a thank you
>>
>>9272333
just get demonias, theyre cheap anyway and really comfortable
>>
>>9273799
Base curve

the wrong size will strain your eyes. I'm pissed cause most brands don't come in 8.4 as i need, but only one from honey color does so i buy those.

>>9273808
No other brands DO offer different base curves you dumb twat.
If you go blind it's not like any of us give a shit. Just know you only have yourself to blame.
>>
How to chase down old school pieces? Is there a name japanese use on y!j for example?
>>
I asked this in another thread but I think it died so...
What is the general attitude of Lolitas towards older prints of brand items? (Prints released +6 months ago or even years ago).
>>
>>9274232
Bad. If the print is last season you will probably get few odd looks. Who the hell even consideres using several years old clothing possibly worn by others, disgusting.
>>
>>9274232
For a serious response, like what you like. Lolita has a huge secondhand market.
>>
this might not be the right place for this
but as a male who is working on a crossplay

what type of bra would be best for creating fake bust with? Will I need breastforms for a good shape? No Cleavage is intended
>>
>>9273821
Honestly eye color is one of those things that's awesome in person when it's done, but I don't think ever actually lessens the quality of a cosplay if it isn't. Basically it can only help but not hurt. Besides, that's what photoshop is for.
When I crossplay as male characters I never wear contacts period because my eyes are already very feminine and round, and circle lenses make it harder to pass and I have yet to find non-enlarging lenses that show up on my dark eyes.
>>
Any ideas what the big meme cosplay of 2017 will be? Rouge One? Fantastic Beast? I'm thinking about making a parody costume.
>>
>>9274232
It's fine, wear what you like. Most people don't have the money to buy the newest releases every few months.

>>9273821
Yeah, I think it's fine. I've been cosplaying for a good ten years and only recently have people been treating contacts with a high level of importance, probably because they're easier/cheaper to get now from sites like Honeycolor. Most people won't even notice your eye color, and you can always fix it in post if you want to.
>>
>>9275655
>Suicide Squad
>everyone i know wants to do a doctor strange
>pokemon
>Actual memes
plenty of options anon
>>
>>9275689
I figured suicide squad would die down before con season next year but I forgot Harleys are crazy. Would mocking Trump be acceptable as well?
>>
>>9275219
look up "up bra" its got these straps that you pull together and is apparently really comfy to wear
>>
>>9275700
I mean, I know a shit ton of people who are wearing Magas hats, so prob not. Though, a bernie wold be fun. I am doing the 'how do you do fellow kids' meme in May of next year. That's a classic
>>
>>9271383
If people are touching you inappropriately you need to report it to security. This is sexual assault, you gave them permission to take a picture, not anything else. But as a general rule of thumb, I'll let anyone take a picture of me. If people want to take a picture with me, there should be a reason, such as a cosplay from the same series.

>>9272018
I make a LOT of cosplays. If I took my entire collection I could easily change costumes 4 times a day in a weekend and still have costumes to spare. That being said, I generally take 4 costumes to a convention and end up wearing two or three of them.

>>9272151
I usually give myself 6-9 months for any project and try to stick to one project at a time. Then I follow the mantra of the creator, "It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to get done." Every time I finish a project, I usually get a burst of enthusiasm to immediately start working on the next one.
>>
If you're going to a con out of state, how many costumes is it reasonable to pack? I guess the answer would be as many as will fit, but last year when I had a lot of costumes with large coats, it was really difficult to fit everything in there.

Also is there anything to be aware of regarding like, airport security?
>>
>>9272547
Dance belt? Or one of those dick socks that actors wear when filming sex scenes so they don't poke the other person.
>>
File: 4568.png (480KB, 722x485px) Image search: [Google]
4568.png
480KB, 722x485px
If you're cosplaying one of those notorious never-opens-eyes characters, how do you pose your face for pictures? Eyes open feels out of character, but obviously just closing your eyes looks stupid, and same with squinting. What's the least of these evils?
>>
>>9280268
Practice! Take selfies and see what looks best. Use make up to make your eyes seem more narrow.

Try relaxing your eyes and let them half-lid, not squinting (which is tensing your muscles).
>>
I've been looking online for these fans to get for a friend of mine for Christmas, but I just can't seem to find them. I'm trying to get them any kind of prop from their favorite movie Memoirs of a Geisha because she wants to dress as a geisha and I want to help her get as close at possible to the girl in the movie. Anyone know where I can find these?
>>
File: 1467364826590.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1467364826590.png
298KB, 600x512px
Why do women enjoy fashion?

I legitimately do not understand. You think it helps you get men or something?
Men can't tell the difference between an armani handbag and a burlap sack. You know we see less colors right?
>>
>>9280580
>everything anyone ever does has to be in function of attracting anyone else
sage for baito
>>
File: sub-buzz-24779-1479739139-1.png (522KB, 578x760px) Image search: [Google]
sub-buzz-24779-1479739139-1.png
522KB, 578x760px
>>9280580
kys

- because it makes me feel less ugly and i can leave the house without wanting to cry
- i like looking at pretty things
>>
Posted this in another thread but it kinda just got drowned out with dramu.
How do you gain followers on Instagram or like attention in the cosplay community? I'm brand new to cosplaying and this sounds super attention seeking but I really want to just find friends and stuff. I cant attend any cons for a while so I figured this would be a good way to do so.
>>
>>9271383
It is weird if you're a cosplayer. The vast majority of people wearing costumes feel bad and unappreciated if people don't want to take their photos.

If you're just some rando in jeans and a t-shirt, it's understandable.

Still, don't be that guy who's in the middle of a crowd shot, or sitting in the front and center at a panel, and objects to being in the photo when you're not the subject.
>>
>>9276314
>Though, a bernie wold be fun.

Dress up as Bernie Sanders and carry a "Shoulda nominated me" sign.

Piss off Shillarybots and Trumptards at the same time.
>>
File: 1372207916884.png (163KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1372207916884.png
163KB, 400x400px
>>9280580
Why do men enjoy cars?

I legitimately do not understand. You think it helps you get women or something?
Women can't tell the difference between a ferarrio and a porsch sack. You know we see less sacks right?
>>
>>9283112
Wear communism related shit and say that's what he stands for. Fucking pisses bernie supporters off when people think he's a communist
>>
File: 1474839385603.jpg (95KB, 595x394px) Image search: [Google]
1474839385603.jpg
95KB, 595x394px
>>9283129
>You know we see less sacks right?
>>
Do you visit other boards?

Which ones?
>>
>>9283350
/VP/, and /FA/
>>
>>9283350
/out/
>>
>>9283129
I laughed
>>
>>9283350
/gif/, /wsg/, and whoever we winterball

miscellaneous others time to time
>>
So there was the Texas thread where I posted this, but I'll post it here too and tl;dr it:
>gf wants me to go to a con with her
>don't want to because i would not cosplay, would get mad because she wears revealing outfits and might start a fight with "photographers" who stare too much or want "sexy" angles
>as a guy, I think it would be much harder for me to make friends there; I already have friends into the same shit I'm into, so it seems all the more pointless
>not interested in buying merch, though I might get candy

I want to go with her because it seems to mean a lot, but I don't think I'll have a very good time. Plus, being the only guy amongst her group of friends would make it seem weird.

She'll want to ask me if I enjoyed it afterwards, and if I say I do, she'll keep asking me to go with her to more events, and I would only say that I liked going to spare her feelings. If I say I don't, she's going to feel sad, and somehow think it was her fault for "forcing me" or something.
>>
looking for a cheap maid costume. would be great if it was in black and white and came in smaller sizes. not very slutty, just normal?. looked on bodyline since thats the only site i know but didnt see much.
>>
Is it worth it to compete for the WCS? I've been thinking about it but I'd like some honest opinions from my fellow seagulls.
>>
>>9283756
Be honest now so you won't regret it later.
>>
>>9283350
/co/, mostly
>>
>>9272018
Typically, yeah. I bring a different cosplay for every day + a spare in case I need it for whatever reason.
>>
>>9284650
taobao
>>
File: sm.jpg (63KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
63KB, 480x482px
I want to go to a con for my first time, and take pictures of all the fun stuff.
Assuming I'm not scary looking or completely socially retarded, is it okay for me to just walk up to people and ask if I can take their picture? I plan on going alone, and won't be cosplaying, which I feel would make me seem creepy.
>>
>>9285389
yes, literally thousands of people do this
>>
>>9285389

Exactly, listen to >>9285400 It's as easy as asking a cosplayer, "hey can I get a picture of you?" If they say yes, snap it and maybe say thanks while going on your way. It's not creepy, it's just normal.
>>
>>9285400
>>9285767
Cool, just wasn't sure what con etiquette was like.
>>
Where is a good place to find underskirts?
>>
Has anyone tried to return an arda wig they tried on and didn't like? Would I just be better off trying to sell it?
>>
>>9285921

Same place you find the dresses. IW, AP and Baby both release them every now and again. Infanta and Little Dipper usually have them year round, but other taobao brands will release them every now and again as well. JS lolita has a nice release with nice lace on it a few months ago, but I think it's fully sold out.
>>
Why are so many Japanese stores banning Tenso addresses?
>>
Would I look like an dumb fuck if I do the same dance performance for 2 different cosplay contest ?
>>
Anywhere on taobao do good long petticoats?
>>
>>9285965
A lot of other indie brands do them as well. It's been a while since I was looking for underskirts but The Floral Notebook, Peacockalorum and Melikestea all do them, I think Bunny House as well.
>>
Requesting a specific picture that I can't find for the life of me

It's of a bad Naruto cosplayer, but the costume is make out of unhemmed fraying broad cloth.
>>
>>9286009
nationalism
>>
>>9286009
Bc foreigners are stupid when they ask for refunds or special requests.
>>
I recently got a ThinkGeek "Bag of Holding" as a present (pic related).
The front is made of soft velcro, to put patches on.
My questions are basically where do I get patches for it? Do I make them myself? What is durable etc.
extra info: im in Aus, not America.
>>
File: jesse-pinkman-breaking-bad1.jpg (979KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
jesse-pinkman-breaking-bad1.jpg
979KB, 1080x1920px
How would one go about staying cool in a costume that's not at all breathable? I wanted to cosplay Jesse Pinkman in his yellow hazmat suit but with all the layers he wears I can't imagine I'd have an easy time not overheating. Besides drinking water and using a fan what else could I do to avoid dying?
>>
I can't find a single tutorial online for how to make tight socks, only crude footbags.
Anyone seen or know any good techniques?

The material I'm using has wrinkles show up really strongly, so getting it right is important.
>>
>>9286009
what stores have banned tenso lately?
>>
File: picnotrelated.png (345KB, 515x786px) Image search: [Google]
picnotrelated.png
345KB, 515x786px
What one thing do you guys most look forward to at cons?
I'm only seeing one side of cons on /cgl/, and they seem shitty. Tell me what you like about them.
>>
>>9290736
Check with outdoors and fitness people. As a rule of thumb, you'll want to wear layers that redirect your sweat away from your skin. Less is not always more.
>>
Trying to get into Mori boy stuff (more thinking about summer outfits than now) and im finding it really hard to find info on it, or any communities to ask about it, any staples you guys cam suggest or places to find fits and talk about it? Only big thing I an find is the Mori Boy Checklist
>>
I'm not from around here, and was wondering if there was a term for the Japanese style of plain pastel clothing like in the photo?
>>
File: IMG_3075.png (926KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3075.png
926KB, 750x1334px
Is this an underskirt? I'm on the taller side and am looking for a good one but I don't actually know what they look like
>>
>>9293568
Yes.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-12-19T19_54_20Z.png (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-12-19T19_54_20Z.png
1MB, 960x1280px
How to i remove got2b hair glue from a wig? Im trying to reuse the sane wig for a different costume. Its only on the bangs so it not too extreme.
>>
>>9293624
Should come out with water.
>>
>>9283756

If it's your first time at a con, go for it? You may end up enjoying it. If you did not enjoy, tell your girlfriend you did not; it may be a bummer for her but if she is a sane person she should not get mad at you or anything.
>>
>>9291908
Every con is different as is every con goer. Being /cgl/ we tend to talk about cosplay quite a bitt, but I would say only about 20-30% of congoers cosplay. Some people go to cons to participate in gaming tournaments while others go to see guests of honor speak at panels. Other get autographs while some like to shop in artist's alley. For me, cons are a social event where I can talk to people about my interests free of judgement. Costumes are the icebreaker that causes people to start conversations with me.
>>
>>9294185
Thanks, stranger.
>>
>>9292299
Fairy-kei and spank-kei
>>
>>9293568
Can this substitute for a petticoat under longer dresses or will a light petticoat still be needed?
>>
>>9294562
Depends on what it looks like. I sometimes wear an underskirt under longer dresses instead of a petticoat if I want light poof but it doesn't work with every dress. Underskirts will look much better with a petticoat most of the time.
>>
>>9293624
yea like, try, i dunno, washing it?
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 768x768px
/m/ here, Ive been looking to asemble some casual cosplay stuff for a while now but I have no time or skill to make custom stuff.

It hasn't really both me much until now. The autism is reaching desperation levels of need.

So what thread/person/seagul would I go to make the shirt in pic related? Ive checked almost every store near the GTA but its all red, blue with a little bit of fuck you.
>>
>>9299065
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Target-Target-Merona-Womens-Yellow-Striped-Shirt-Size-Large-/182280555589?hash=item2a70c48c45:g:hI8AAOSwuzRXdFOU
if you want something more accurate just look through ebay bud.
>>
>>9280580
I wear it because it's how I express myself and feel comfortable. It also makes life more fun and refreshing. You think I dress like a frilly coffin to attract men? Lol yeah right.
>>
>>9273620
not that anon but:

1) never tried it, but at the risk of sounding like a fool, I'll take a wild guess:
>obtain several pairs of flip flops sized similar to the shoes, and glue that will bond well to rubber and plastic but won't melt thru
>remove thong part of flip flops, discard
>use glue to bond together flip flops til they are the desired height, then glue to shoes
>might be a good idea to remove soles from shoes as they will be hard to attach anything to
>might also work to glue 1 flip flop to each shoe first, then glue other flip flops to that first flip flop
>maybe wrap some foam sheet around the flip flops so it doesn't look like you're wearing stacks of foot pancakes
>or try to find some kind of filler to smooth out the edges, but it'd have to be something that won't crack or bulge out visibly when you put weight on the shoes and compress the flip flop layers
>maybe attach shoe soles to bottom flip flops; depends on the shoes and how good the treads of the flip flops are
not saying it's guaranteed to look great, mind you, but that'd be one way to do it.

2) difficulty in finding suitable shoes in platform style.

3) quite possibly. I could see it falling apart before long. but if it's just for one event it might work.
>>
>>9283756
She sounds like a bit of a trollop
>>
File: 1474855996398.jpg (83KB, 581x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474855996398.jpg
83KB, 581x640px
>>9280580
nigga aint nobody dressing for you
there are different ways to get guys you know right? fashion is just a fun hobby. clothes are pretty and interesting yo
>>
File: IMG_1987.jpg (171KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.jpg
171KB, 900x1200px
Anyone know what boots this cosplayer is wearing?
>>
How would you weather lined fabric? I need to make a cape look battle worn and just torn up in general, but I feel like the appearance of the lining separating from the fabric would be ugly.
>>
What does "feeler" mean?
I see this on sales posts sometimes and i'm in lolita since 3 years but i never understood
>>
>>9299975
It means they are not 100% committed to sell, but likely to. They are trying to get a feel of how popular it is.
>>
>>9299978
Ah, I get it now. Thanks anon dude
>>
>>9280268
I cosplayed Frisk and just closed my eyes and it didn't look stupid at all though
>>
>>9274232
Litterally all of my wardrobe are pieces ranging from 2006 to 2011, almost all of them are in perfect condition (except for one with tea stains who arrived in a scandalous condition, thanks FromJapan. but once worn you don't notice unless you really look at it) and had one or two owners at most before
>>
>>9299589
The same way you weather denim depending on fabric strength.
You can either wash with pumice or if you don't want your washing machine to come apart then put in a sack with some rocks and bash it around your back yard. Throw it in some dirt (mostly the bottom) and treat with hot water to set the staining. The abuse that happens will look random and quite similar to battle damage. Any fraying or separation will come naturally from the abuse. You could always make a couple cuts with a craft knife as well but do that after the rest or the whole thing might rip in half
>>
>>9272018
On a related note to this. Does a kigu count as clothes, or a kind of half assed lazy costume?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>9299339
Ived looked over ebay and most custom tailor sites ther past few days with no luck.

What really irks me that theres shirt designs EXACTLY like the pic but nothing in yellow.
>>
Anyone have experience with having cartilage piercings and Aradani's elf ears?
Or at least know where I could find earrings that lie really flat on the ear? Pic is not me but close to what my ear looks like.
>>
>>9300288
Bodyartforms has plastic labret retainers you can trim to length and put o rings on, but why can't you leave them out for a few hours?
>>
>>9300295
Thanks for the rec! And I would, but I've had piercings close up before and would rather avoid the risk just in case.
>>
>>9271383
I asked in the last help thread but never got an answer, sorry if anyone already saw this...Is it possible to style Arda's Silky line or is that mainly for people to wear out of the bag?
>>
>>9299585
Those look like spandex boot covers pulled over or glued to some basic pumps to me.

>>9300295
>>9300288
I haven't tried with Aradani's elf ears specifically, but I've fit both pointed ear tips and 'mermaid' ear fins over my industrial piercing. It takes a few tries to get right, but it's not super hard.

I don't take my barbell out because it's a pain in the ass to get it back in, and cartilage piercings start shrinking up really fast. Even with retainers, the ones that are easy to find are a lot narrower than the barbell gauge so they still shrink some.
>>
>>9300110
It counts as pyjamas or weeb wear
>>
>>9293624
You can wash it? But in all seriousness that stuff normally won't break down without adding sulfates to the mix. If water doesn't take the stickiness/hardness out, you'll have to use a shampoo with sulfates more then likely.
>>
>>9290452

dude just superglue velcro on the back of anything you like.
>>
test
>>
>>9301766
test
>>
>>9291251

Look up tutorials for tabi socks. They fit your bill exactly aside from being only crew/ankle length, and having a seperate big toe.

If you need longer socks you might as well make them from stretch material, the fabric is going to wrinkle since you'll be flexing your knees and ankles every time you walk anyway. That, or get creative portmanteauing tabi socks onto tight jeans patterns.
>>
File: 11-Ultimate-Cyclops.jpg (147KB, 500x759px) Image search: [Google]
11-Ultimate-Cyclops.jpg
147KB, 500x759px
Looking for some recommendations on shoes or boots Scott Summers might wear that aren't big yellow rain boots. It doesn't necessarily have to be any particular version of him, as I'll be wearing the First Class jumpsuit. Suggestions welcome!
>>
>>9302294
dunno man timberlands birght yellow leatherboots
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.