[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Larme Kei - Drama Larmas Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 68

File: CxhpOdbXgAAnkdc.jpg (274KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CxhpOdbXgAAnkdc.jpg
274KB, 915x1200px
Last thread in autosage because ya'll don't know when to quit >>9261945

Petite Dollies intro to Larme and style guide: http://blog.petitedollies.com/2016/04/about-larme-magazine.html

Partial Scans List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZEUnWxiyrRKdHwdrspj0a_lTAVRnablE8WobZGtZAlI/pub

Video about Larme Magazine (annoying narrator alert):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPx5HuTSiHQ
>>
Some topics to get this party started:

Last thread there was some good (and some bad) discussion about brand quality. If anyone has anything to add I'm sure people would love to hear it.

There's was also talk of "fit guides" for certain brands. So how items sit on you, how they fit your height, etc.
>>
considering how quickly larme changes due to being popular trend-based, are there any concerns about the petite dollies guide becoming outdated? or is there enough that unifies the larme aesthetic it'll stay good for a long time?
>>
>>9270659
It's already outdated. Luckily the whole "styles" thing seems to have fizzled out a bit. I'm hoping to put a better guide together at some point but for now I think the beginning part is still good for the basics.

>>9270658
most of the other brands are in the same price range so I'd rather buy from them because I perceive the quality to be better. We can all have our opinions bro
>>
>>9270664
Sure. But regardless of the price I don't like things that look cheap, and swankiss looks cheap to me.
>>
>>9270667
I don't think quality items should look cheap. Kind of negates the point of talking about quality. And there are plenty of people who say, plainly, that they didn't find the quality of swankiss to be all that great compared to other brands. I have no intention of buying swankiss to find out one way or the other. Why are you so upset about this?
>>
>>9270675
And other people have looked at it up close, touched it, and owned it and said that, to them, it was cheap. So you have a different opinion. Ok. So why are YOU bitching?
>>
>>9270678
Because other brands in the same price range have a better track record for quality? What's so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>9270683
No one is saying it has to be perfect. It just needs to be in line with other brands in the same price range to make it worth it. Man, people don't get this uppity when it's mentioned time and again that e hyphen is overpriced for the quality. Where are the bonbon stans?
>>
>>9270686
so the people who have owned swankiss who didn't like the quality were lying?

I bought e hyphen bonbon stuff and I will absolutely say it is overpriced and a number of items are not great quality. I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend it's all great just because I like the designs and keep buying it.

Again, why do you care so much that people don't like swankiss's quality?
>>
>>9270690
because >>9270661
>>9270666
>>9270671
>>9270677
>>9270681
>>9270689

I'm not going to keep repeating myself just so you can continue to not read.
>>
File: ClHp0E8VAAE9iH9.jpg (64KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ClHp0E8VAAE9iH9.jpg
64KB, 768x1024px
>>9270683
Please don't indulge her anon

>>9270656
Yesss a fit guide. Here's my experiences so far. Please bear in mind I'm very short so I don't generally have issues with length etc.

- E hyphen bonbon has quite a large discrepancy between the two sizes they offer. With skirts and dresses, the S is good for me lengthwise & but a little bit on the tighter side everywhere else. The M is just too big overall however. I have one top in M that's too small for me and an S that is a perfect fit. In general the sizing is very hit and miss
- Mon Lily is really accomodating and probably a good choice if you're on the taller side. I don't really like the way their clothes hang though, a lot of the time it's just not very flattering.
- Katie - the more structured dresses don't have a lot of give. The cutsew dresses generally give you a fair bit of wiggle room especially if they're shirred. Outerwear won't really work for you if you have broader shoulders. Very very flattering cuts.
- Verybrain - I would only recommend them if you have a tiny frame. Generally flattering cuts though. Some of the skirts/dresses are tinyyyy.

If anyone else has any HOT TIPS please share. I especially want to find out
>>
File: M341640302100_M_LL.jpg (45KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
M341640302100_M_LL.jpg
45KB, 750x1000px
>>9270702
especially want to find out...?

Anyway I'm 5'5" and generally fit into the small, sometimes get an m for length. This is my guide:

Ank Rouge: Separates are great. Tops have extra length because they're meant to be tucked in and you can adjust skirts to fit where you need them on your waistline. Tops are usually stretchy to accommodate more of a bust if needed. For skirts, it depends. Many skirts have shirring in the back so check the product photos carefully if this is something you need.

But oh god, dresses are the worst. To begin with many Ank Rouge dresses look like short babydoll dresses on the models anyway, so I should have figured they would look even worse on me. Even when I tried one of their dresses with a more structured waist it was too short in the torso for me. I'm not sure I'd even recommend them for shorter girls honestly. Again, they don't always look that great even on the models.

I'm hit or miss with their pants. It's not really a length issue, but some of the pants are just so big and baggy that I get swallowed in them, and not in a cute way. Other pants that are a bit tighter look good though.

Eatme: I really love how this brand fits me. It's super flattering. I have a number of dresses and skirts and I'm hoping to get some tops soon as well. I usually size up to the m if it's provided just in case for dresses.

I have one dress from them that is a little snug, even though I sized up to an m. It doesn't have much stretch in the derriere if you know what I mean. I think I'll stick to either stretchy materials or flared skirts next time.

Crayme: I only have a couple of things from them but I really love the fit. My skirt has shirring in the back but honestly it's not really necessary as the material itself has some stretch. Tried one of their dresses once but it was too short in the torso for me. All of my stuff is from older collections so I have no idea if their new stuff is any different.
>>
>>9270738
Rosarymoon: Both the top and dress I have from them are both stretchy knits so the fit isn't really an issue. Their dresses are also pretty lengthy so they might be a good brand for taller girls.

E hyphen bonbon: gonna have to agree that it's a bit hit or miss. Some things fit great, while others are too tight or too short or just... I donno. It's like throwing darts and hoping one sticks for me. I have one dress I really like though and I wear it constantly so I'm hoping to find another miracle I guess. But yeah be prepared to be confused at best.

Honey Cinnamon: I only have tops with stretch at this point so the fit is again not a big issue, but I'm hoping to get some skirts soon so I'll update once I do.

lillilly: the shoes I got from them are a bit snug even though by the size chart I should have fit... I'm working on stretching the toe box out.

anyone have familiarity with fallin', from either a quality or fit perspective?
>>
What prints are adequate for larme? Besides bunnies and words like "lolita"
>>
File: virginis1.jpg (138KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
virginis1.jpg
138KB, 320x320px
>>9271122
Virginis have the best prints
Hard to find some good pictures though
>>
>>9271122
I like stuff with poodles.
>>
>>9271122
I like gingham and roses
>>
>>9271215
I was being facetious.

However I am probably going to be wary of anyone else who starts up on swankiss's quality again.

Well good luck to her then. She's already following the footsteps of other fame hungry Lolitas who turn to Larme and go gaga over swankiss for some reason. Swankiss can work in the right hands of course, but it seems to be Larme's "ita magnet."
>>
Bit of an update for you all. BonBon's 2017 lucky pack can be yours for the super bargainous price of 20000 yen... if you can reserve it instore of course.
There's no previews of the contents so far.
>>
>>9271575
Great, now you're being the annoying one going around "correcting" people about her. I do not fucking care that much about her life. Now please, go get your own.

I just wanted to say that Swankiss seems to be the brand that drama Lolitas flock to when coming to Larme for the first time. Now I seriously don't want to see or hear about Swankiss ever again
>>
>>9271716
This. Who gives a shit about the paltry trivia and Swankiss shilling.

Moving on does anyone know if Onespo restocks their lucky bags?
>>
>>9271594
In store only? And for that price. Yeah no thanks. e hyphen bonbon is always trying to put on that air of exclusivity and it just makes me roll my eyes. I love Risa, and I like a lot of bonbon's designs, but the allure just isn't there for me.

>>9271719
Not sure. Well, if you can't get it in stock you can probably piece the bag back together once people start selling parts of their lucky packs on fril, mercari, yahoo auctions, etc.
>>
>>9271726
But it's worth over 40000 yen anon! don't be such a walnut
Honestly though, what a faff. I'm curious what's inside but not enough to go through all the way of getting my own.

Still debating whether I should get the Eatme bag... Is anyone else considering it? I'm put off by the fact that I don't have a good idea of what their sizing is like, and well if both the coat and the dress don't fit that's a bit shit.
>>
>>9271736
I'd like to know how many pieces the bag includes. Many brands have 10000 yen bags filled with items worth 40000 or more so 20000 for items worth 40000 is not as great as I was expecting. Well I couldn't reserve the bag instore anyway.
>>
>>9271736
It might almost bring e hyphen down the the price point it should be at hahaha. I do wonder what's inside though too. I wonder if there will be any limited goods or if it will just be unsold goods. I usually like a mix of both.

And yeah I'm considering getting the Eatme bag. I posted a little bit in my fit guide up above, but I can try and answer some questions about their sizing if you like?

The limited dress in personally not too worried about since it has a flared skirt. I only worry about their tight stuff. Their dresses also usually aren't too tight in the waist for me. I have a 26 in waist (though who knows after the holidays here...) and I'm 5'5".

I do wonder about the other pieces though. Some of their dresses have sizing and some don't. I usually get an m when the size is available just in case, so I'm not sure how it would fit if I end up with a small.

I still want the pack though.
>>
>>9271748
Also this would be my first lucky pack of I do get it, so I'm a little nervous. I hope it doesn't sell out too fast.
>>
any examples of outfits with green used in them? Ok having a hard time using it with other colors
>>
>>9271761
What kind of green you are talking about? Khaki or something else?
>>
>>9271764
olive/khaki green, thanks.
>>
>>9271767
maybe white, black and light pink? dark brown could also work
>>
>>9271767
>>
>>
File: 6748449_b_13_500.jpg (32KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
6748449_b_13_500.jpg
32KB, 500x600px
>>9271767
>>
>>9271719
They restocked very very sparingly last year supposedly (I got the restock emails and always checked within 10 min but was never able to get one so idk if that was in error) but I guess they could do something different this year.
>>
>>9271767
Are you in the fb group? Someone posted a bunch of them in there and I think you can search for the keyword and find it.
>>
>>9271783
>>9271786
>>9271788
>>9271796
Idk how many anons were actually alive to remember the early ninties, but these looks are so evocative of shit from childhood. I remember logo/slogan tees in khaki like that so vividly. I even had a jacket just like Risa.
>>
>>9272375
I was born in early 90s so I don't remember the early 90s style too well but I think 90s has before trendy again lately. I can't stand some stuff I wore back then like wide hem jeans but I like Ma-1 trend. Ma-1 jackets have been popular in Larme for 2-3 years already I think!
>>
Soooo... What's Rosemarie Seoir's sizing like? Both shoes and clothes.
>>
>>9272742
From what I've seen, I wouldn't recommend the dresses for anyone tall by asian standards. When they were at WW the store rep was so tiny and the dress looked perfect on her.
>>
>>9272858

Or just dont buy any dresses from Asia if you're tall because 9/10 they're not going to look right.
>>
>>9273233
Not the anon you're replying to, but certain brands are worse than others. I'm not super tall, but I'm taller than the average Japanese girl and some things fit really well while others make me look like a stumpy troll. That why I though for guides for brands might be a good idea, so I'm glad people are giving some tips in this thread.
>>
>>9273233
I have several dresses/skirts from Asia that fit fine but I'd not fit Rosemarie. For reference I'm 163cm. Maybe any "long" style ones I'd they did those but not their little cute dresses.
>>
>>9273261
I am 165cm so maybe it can be a bad idea for me to try Rose Marie Seoir happy bag. You can always wear shorts under but...

Many popular models are around 155cm-162cm and when you shop j-fashion online many skirts and dresses look very short even on them so it is easy to imagine how short they look on someone taller. Luckily there are brands that have longer skirts & dresses too that fit taller girls as well.
>>
>>9273233
desu I don't even think it's height that's the problem. I'm 5'1, and admittedly what /cgl/ would probably term chubby, but nonetheless the issues I have with Asian clothes are consistently the same things

>arms are too short
> no rise in the back whatsoever, so skirts/dresses always show ass
>shoulder seams too close, back not wide enough
>Torso too short on t-shirts
>Armholes too big?
>Too little difference between waist and hips

It's to do with cut and fit, not necessarily sizing. If someone is gonna do a fit guide, they really need to include things like this, not just "I'm 5'6 and it's long enough for me" because these are the factors that really make a garment look ill-fitted on you.
>>
>>9273292
Well if you're bigger by Western standards then Japanese clothing isn't gonna fit any better regardless of your height. I agree that would be good to include that sort of info though, I mean length is probably the easiest thing to determine when you're buying clothes online anyway, it's everything else that's tricky.
>>
>>9273842
I would include that in my comments if it applied to me. The only problem I ever really have is short torsos on some dresses. If I could comment on more then I would.
>>
>>9273842
>Western standards

M8 I'm bang on average, it was just a joke about /cgl/ being full of ana chans who think anything above a bmi of 18 is obese.
>>
>>9274267
Not that anon, but I hope someone can help you with your fit issues then. I'm >>9273861 and like I said I don't have the same problems you have so I honestly don't think about it. If I could provide the details you needed I would. Good luck!
>>
>>9274414
different anon, but I think a lot of people in the jfashion community just simply don't know how to recognize subtler fit issues. I'm not saying you're a big dumby who doesn't know how clothes work, but I sincerely doubt you only ever have 1 issue with clothes that come in 1-2 sizes that you bought on the Internet. even off-the-rack clothes with 8+ sizes and tried on in person almost always have at least one fit issue for anyone. that's why clothes are /always/ tailored for models and celebrities.

OP just seems to have a better concept of fit and it bothers them more. I can relate, I almost always tailor something on my clothes if I'm positive I won't sell it.
>>
>>9274421
I'd say that's a problem with people buying clothes in general, not the jfashion community. Most people don't get their clothes tailored, except for maybe work clothes. That's the only thing I'd tailor.

Honestly though, the short torso thing is the only thing that bothers me with Japanese clothes. I also see some things that make me go "that is going to look/fit awfully on me" (that's why I don't go and get a lot of shorts or pants from Japan). So maybe that's just the only issue on the things I choose to buy since I can't always predict it. You're prob right that there are probably subtler things that just don't bother me fit wise.

I've had more issues with off the rack clothes here in the US than I've had with Japanese clothes, even with all our sizes.
>>
>>9274430
I think you're right about westerners in general, but I'd say with people who make fashion a hobby in the west like we do with jfashion, they pay a ton more attention to fit. I will say, for most alt jfashions most staple items don't have as much of a tailored look anyway so there are less places where there can be fit issues. many styles and brands also have shirring or ties on some items which fuzzies fit issues even more.

with larme, though that flies out the window. I've never in my life bought a pencil skirt that fit just right off the rack, and I'm reaaaally doubting that one from a jfashion brand would suddenly fit properly. but that's just me...
>>
>>9274441
For me personally with my body type, I have a hard time with western brands (often too big in the chest or waist) but an easier time with Asian sizing except when it comes to where the waist hits on dresses bc I'm slightly too tall/long for that. But on a whole, I personally prefer Japanese free size for a better fit for 80% of dresses, and most skirts and tops.

I have to say though, I did find this killer pencil skirt from Guess? a few years ago in a size like 00 that I hoarded and I'm glad I still have it. It fits like a dream now that I'm a little older and my metabolism slowed down lmao. I probably wouldn't get the same fit from a Japanese brand for that.
>>
>>9275156
I finally fit into a US size 00 without having it altered smaller. I'm happy I can actually fit adult clothes. GTFO.
>>
>>9275172
You are not seriously responding to HWC unironically.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x665px
>>9275181
Forgive me I'm bored.
Here's a Honey Cinnamon set up instead.
>>
File: Mon lily.png (118KB, 352x348px) Image search: [Google]
Mon lily.png
118KB, 352x348px
This choker is basically a replica of a Mon lily one
>http://www.asos.com/asos/limited-edition-velvet-heart-bow-choker-necklace/prd/7459158
>>
>>9275869
You could probably find a taobao or aliens for even cheaper.
>>
>>9274267

Probably asian girls who are bitching at you anon
>>
New dress from bubbles tokyo
>>
>>9276992
Sale at rosetta room- accessories are cute but it's a bit jesus heavy for my tastes
>>
>>9276995
I really like how cozy this top looks from honey cinnamon
>>
>>9276880
I don't see how that makes it any less valid in a discussion on Asian fashion.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 600x600px
>>9276997
Isn't the top in your picture honey mi honey?
>>
What's the cheapest way to order from rosemarie seoir?
>>
>>9279037

I use Tenso but I don`t know if it the cheapest anymore... You can mark the values of your purchases down for customs though.

Japonica Market has been ok for me but sometimes they react to your messages a little slowly. Someone recommended Zenmarket and their fees looked cheap but I haven´t tried them yet so not sure about their service.
>>
>>9279722
I use Zenmarket; their service is as good as any other SS, but yeah, they're usually cheaper.
>>
Anyone have examples of coords that use belts or links to cute larme appropriate belts? I need some more belts for my day to day wardrobe and id like to be able to buy a few for larme as well.
>>
>>9280666
http://gocart.jp/ap/item/i/A0GC00006U56
>>
Does anyone have experience of Rose Marie Seoir shoes? How is the quality?

The Happy bag was restocked so I reconsider ordering it.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>9282897
Saw this this morning, so gross.

On a related note, are there any larme suitable cheap graphic tees and the like floating about Ali? I really like stuff like pic related but can't justify the price when I could get it screen printed for so cheap.
>>
>>9282903
I'm not sure about using non-brand tees in a Larme co-ord, seems like it would look kinda cheap...

But I wouldn't drop a lot of money for a tee anyway, so I tried finding ones that could maybe work...? They're mostly basic but I think it fits the aesthetic if the rest of your outfit is on point.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Summer-New-Fashion-Halajuku-Rose-Flower-Printed-Short-Sleeve-Female-T-shirt/32630176516.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Summer-Fashion-Women-T-shirt-Harajuku-style-Day-and-Night-Embroidery-Female-T-shirt/32553177867.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kawaii-woman-t-shirts-Embroidered-female-hearts-Kawaii-women-tee-shirt-femme-2016-womens-short-sleeve/32699217987.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lolita-Mori-Girl-Embroidered-Heart-Pattern-Kawaii-Japan-Korean-Style-Short-sleeve-Tee-Shirts-Baby-Pink/32760357787.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Girl-Gang-T-Shirt-Hip-Hop-Punk-Rock-Women-Tops-Graphics-Tee-Shirt-Femme-Black-White/32771821316.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Tshirt-Funny-I-m-Miserable-Now-Letter-Print-Cotton-O-neck-Short-sleeve-Tee-Shirt/32726044883.html
>>
Is it bad that Swankiss is my favorite larme brand?
>>
>>9283255
To some people maybe, but it's featured quite a lot in the magazine so idk why it should actually be a bad thing that you have different taste than other people.
>>
>>9283255
It's the favorite for a lot of people. Yeah sure their quality isn't as good as say Verybrain or Katie but if you can get Swankiss for 2ndhand it's an amazing deal
>>
>>9283255
Of course not, you don`t have to care about other people`s opinions. It used to be one of my favourites too some years ago but my style changed and now I prefer more simple look.

Another subject: What do you think is the average age in western larme community? Or how old most people are? Just curious! I don`t know how an average Japanese Larme reader is (19-28???) but many of popular models features are 24-29 years so not as young as in some other magazines.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Are there any sewing tutorials for these kind of bags? I've searched youtube in Japanese but I can't find anything
>>
>>9284153
You seriously need a tutorial for two rectangles and a ruffle?
>>
>>9284465
>>9284153
Lol I'm glad someone else said it....if you're really struggling maybe try looking up pillow tutorials and go from there, since those bags are based on pillows

>>9283471
I actually have no clue....idek how old people like Saramari, Ruka etc are. I'm guessing its probably early 20s. I wonder who the oldest larme girl is.
>>
>>9283471
Maybe it helps to just post our ages, and see which average number rolls out from there? For starters: I'm 26. I feel like the average girl may be a 20-something.. But I might just be biased too much on myself, the ages of the models, and the whole otona kawaii concept.
>>
>>9284475
I am 24 years old and my friends who are into larme are 21-26 years.
>>
>>9284475
>>
>>9284475
I'm 19 but I feel most girls (both foreign and Japanese) are 21-30. Risa turns 30 next year
>>
I'm 25.

>>9284497
Risa is 27.
>>
>>9284497
You could always post a poll in the larme Facebook group.
>>
>>9284153
Look up a tutorial for a ruffle-y pillow and a tote bag, and use the technique for the ruffled pillow sides on the sides of the tote bag.

>>9283471
I'm 20. I think we're mostly university-aged.
>>
>>9284475
>>
>>9284475
I'm 24.

>>9284488
>Friends who are into larme
>;-;

Do you guys do cute and fashionable things together? I really want a girl group to go out with and get dressed up with. Ive thought about going out with (not normie, but not jfash) friends and showing up in OTT larme but I don't want to alarm anyone lol
>>
>>9285842
I dress up whenever I can with friends who don't know what Larme is, but they like it, so I say go for it even if they aren't wearing the same thing. I do wish I knew some people who wore it irl so I could hang out with them though.
>>
File: eyeshadow palette.png (334KB, 484x558px) Image search: [Google]
eyeshadow palette.png
334KB, 484x558px
Anyone got any eye-shadow palettes for larme that they really like?

>>9285842
Totally with you on the larme girl gang to hang out with. I've slowly started to transition my normal wardrobe to more larme so I can make more use of my pieces.
>>
>>9284475
Anybody see the BBC music awards tonight? Izzy Bizu was wearing a really larmey top.
>>
>>9285842
Don't you mean you wouldn't want to... a-LARME them?

sorry I had to

Anyway, >>9285867 the naked 3 palette has such nice shades! I don't wear larme, but I love the makeup looks that I see girls wear with it.
>>
>>9285842
I also wish I had friends who are into larme so we could do things together!

btw I think that even when I do my style very larme (proper make-up, curly styled hair and larme style clothes) some of my friends don't likely realise it is some certain style lol... After all larme is not that dramatic style especially if you do it more mature way? My old style was already a little larme-ish vintage inspired girly style so my friends probably don't see that big difference although there IS difference lol. I think some friends of mine have more "radical" styles than I do anyway (one has blue hair and a few piercings, one has shaved head and a few piercings and tattoos...) so I probably look more normie in larme than them lol
>>
File: 20130424-toofacedboudoireyes04.jpg (246KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
20130424-toofacedboudoireyes04.jpg
246KB, 900x600px
>>9285867
I've got UD Naked 3 and Too Faced Chocolate Bar for when I'm home and have an actual vanity to sit at, but for travel I like the Too Faced Natural Matte and Boudoir Eyes mini palettes.
>>
>>9286999
I use too faced's natural matte for most of my Larme looks. Add some red blush for more drama.
>>
>>9284475
Just turned 26.
>>
POST THE LINK NEXT TIME
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rG733dzImczHXH7jMJQ-FhkD2awZkYWtRfZUnDSFV70/edit#gid=0
ROASTIE BITCH
>>
Does anyone else have problems with getting their fishnets socks to stay up? What's the best way to combat this?
>>
>>9271783
>Hitler
>Hitler
>Hitler
>>
>>9289388
I took the link down because I haven't had time to update it in forever. No point in keeping up something so outdated.

>>9289429
Do your socks have a solid band on the top? If so, you could use sock glue. You can get some at sock dreams or at your local dance store.
>>
File: CzY7TXlVIAAC_hz.jpg (44KB, 550x715px) Image search: [Google]
CzY7TXlVIAAC_hz.jpg
44KB, 550x715px
>>9289388
>>9289564
Sometimes when I'm bored I edit the spreadsheet, so I appreciate the link (and thanks for creating it, anon). I filled in some of the brands list and models, but what other things could be updated? Larme is kind of trendy and covers such a varied range of styles that links on Taobao/Aliexpress would be all over the place, do people still want that.
>>
>>9284475
>>
>>9284475
21, but I wear off brand.
>>
Do you have some larme items on you Christmas wishlists or on the sale wishlist?

I want to buy a couple cute knits for winter (for larme inspired coordinates) and maybe some accessories like hair ribbons.
>>
>>9293578
When are the sales supposed to be starting?
There's a lot of things I'm just waiting to pounce on as soon as they do
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 862x1150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 862x1150px
>>9293578
I have something on my definitely-not-going-to-go-on-sale wish list sobbing. well I can always wait for stuff to come up secondhand. Eyeing a few things on mercari and fril atm.

It's weird but there's not too many new brand collections that I'm super excited about at the moment. Even brands I love I'm sort of feeling "meh" about. I'm finding myself looking at older pieces if anything. I know each brand has a certain look that is consistent between seasons and I do appreciate that, but sometimes things can get so same old that I don't feel inspired to buy new pieces. I mean if you already own a few pieces from one brand it's hard to justify newer pieces with just a detail changed here or there. I still love my main brands but I'm pretty satisfied with what I already have from them.

That said, I am trying to branch out. I've been looking at fallin's new stuff lately and I really like it, but it almost seems too "high fashion" to really be wearable. Still tempted.
>>
>>9293804
Lots of sales are currently ongoing.
>>
>>9293904
I've been thinking the same, I want to buy more secondhand sales of older items than recent releases. At the moment it feels like brands are either jumping on the newest trends so that they all look the same, or releasing items in their own style like you mentioned so that new pieces don't feel new. I've been particularly disappointed with bonbon's recent things.
>>
Has anyone bought from Honey Salon? What's their quality like? I'm hoping to get a pair of shoes that are on sale.
>>
The asos sale has me stocking up on shoes, there's a couple of pairs of ballet style tie up shoes on sale, some nice flats and ghillies. Unfortunately the fluffy mules aren't on sale, or available in my size which is a bummer.
>>
>>9295836
In sad that asos refuses to ship many of their shoes to the us. There's so many nice styles I can't get.
>>
File: FLI0116S0006_pz_a001.jpg (68KB, 431x575px) Image search: [Google]
FLI0116S0006_pz_a001.jpg
68KB, 431x575px
>>9295765
Their shoes are actually really nice quality. They fit a bit narrow though but that might just be the style I had. Honey Salon accessories in general are pretty well made.

>>9295836
What did you get anon? Don't think I've seen the fluffy mules.

>>9293904
I love Fallin, it's exactly the 'high fashion' aspect that I find really appealing. The silhouettes are really unusual as well but at the same time super feminine. I haven't bought anything from them yet though cause I have no idea what the fit is like.
>>
File: thoseshoesareminebetch.png (387KB, 1272x242px) Image search: [Google]
thoseshoesareminebetch.png
387KB, 1272x242px
>>9296225
Made a quick paint collage of everything I'm eyeing up. There's loads more though, and everything seems to come in either pink/nude or black, which is nice. Probably won't get the pointed patent and the light pink ballets.

There are two basically identical listings for the fluffy ones (Not sure if they're strictly mules, but still) but one pair is branded and only comes up if you search feather as opposed to fluffy.

They also have some nice cheap chokers in the sale too.
>>
File: 42321422.gif (134KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
42321422.gif
134KB, 465x465px
I'm coming wall of text, bear with me.
I've got a question to pose to you ladies; if there's an item of Larme clothing you want, and you see a good quality version of the exact same thing in a western store would you go to the effort of having it sent from Japan with the sizing/fit uncertainty that goes with it, just to have brand?
For me there are certain times, like pic related, where I would go for the Japanese brand as that item has quite unique features, and I don't think I could find anything similar here. However, I want the metallic Maxi skirt I've seen in Larme magazine and I've seen it a number of places here, so I'm going to buy the non Japanese item as I can try it on and own it instantly. What is the general consensus here in terms of brand Vs convenience?
>>
>>9296416
I'd only go with brand if the western option appears to be poor quality. I've bought a number of Larme staples from department store brands in the US and I'm happy with my decision. no use buying something just for a tag
>>
>>9296416
Western without a doubt. The Japanese market doesn't care about western buyers (can't buy directly from them) so I'm not preoccupied with brand loyalty.
>>
>>9296416
I'm 100% for the convenience of buying from Western stores as well. It's true that some brand designs are unique, but you have to weigh that against the added costs of SS and those uncertainties you mentioned.
>>
>>9296416
I definitely don't see any reason to buy brand when there's something similar by a Western brand. Some brands do put out pretty basic things, like the metallic skirt you mentioned. But there are a lot of other things that I know will never have a Western equivalent due to the detailing or style. So I still buy a ton of brand simply for that reason.

I've also bought some Western things that were fairly unique and didn't have brand equivalents. So really what matters to me most is that particular item.
>>
>>9296416
Can you post links when you see something larme in a normie shop? I've seen some things at Zara before but I don't buy from them.
>>
>>9296650
Problem with this is whenever I go to, say, a mall store like forever 21 and find something I like, when I try to find it online later I can't always find it. Stores have different invetories for different stores vs online.

That said, forever 21 has been getting better about posting some of their Larmable items on their website. I had the hardest time finding good stuff on there a few months back.

People have said they find good stuff in h&m but I'm wondering if that's more the UK side. The US online store always seems rather lacking to me.

My favorite for Western Larme stuff is probably asos, although it can get a bit pricey. Their own asos line is really hear and trendy. I either wait for sales or coupon codes. Only problem with waiting is that sizes 0-2 sell out relatively quickly, and sometimes 4-6 do as well (I'm talking US sizes here, so think uk 6-8). So if you're smaller you may not be able to wait around for a sale.
>>
File: CzM2sAxVQAACAiS.jpg (279KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CzM2sAxVQAACAiS.jpg
279KB, 915x1200px
>>9296416
Western, almost everything I own is from western brands anyway lol.
>>
>>9296963
I don't think I could do that. There's way too much brand stuff that I love (and get my wallet hates).

Do you customize any of your stuff?
>>
>>9296968
I have some thin lace and ribbon roses I plan to use on some things. I guess it's nice that most of my favorite brand items look similar to things that can be found offbrand, like tulle skirts and fluffy sweaters.
>>
File: tumblr_ohdng6n1pC1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg (76KB, 540x716px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohdng6n1pC1s0s3nuo1_540.jpg
76KB, 540x716px
>>9296968
Not that anon but I've put corset lacing down a few things; a Leather jacket, ripped off pic related, I also want someone to sew a trim on it. and I'm looking for a nice bag to do it to - using a hole-punch with rivets though not bare holes. I've threaded lace up the sides of a fluffy jumper aswell, also sewn those small ribbon roses and bows onto a couple of things.

I'm not very handy capable when it comes to clothes either.
>>
>>9296706
I walked through a Next and a H&M today that had a ton of ruffly larme-able stuff, but I am in the UK.

I empathise with shops having different inventories online and instore, though. I was in the city today and tried on a really nice skirt in Oasis. It was pricey for what it was and sales are coming in a few days so I left it there and decided to find it online and bookmark it it goes on sale. Turns out it's already completely sold out online in all but size 6 (US 2, but the skirt was unusually small and I had to size up so I'd say it's closer to a 0), despite the fact the physical store had a dozen on the rack. Bummer since I've got no chance of going back for it until early January, when all the best sale stuff is gone.
>>
File: 16-12-24-18-54-07-245_deco.jpg (3MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-24-18-54-07-245_deco.jpg
3MB, 1920x2560px
>>9298107
UK here to, I work on Oxford Street and it's pretty amazing at this point; practically every mainstream clothing store is showcasing Larme clothes. Like, out of nowhere there's a shit ton of chokers on display everywhere. Life is good anon.
>>
>>9298440
I noticed this going Christmas shopping too here in the UK. Lots of those jumpers with frills on the chest to arm area too which I'd never seen out of Japan before. (Or outside menonite dresses lol)
>>
What kinds of larme things did you guys get for Christmas?
>>
Looks like larme has an amino now too, how long do you gulls think will it take until it will hit the shitters just like the lolita amino?
http://aminoapps.com/c/larme-fashion
>>
>>9299406
I don't think that'll happen because I doubt it'll be used much in the first place.
>>
Does anyone get their shoes at normie stores? I can't fit into Japanese brand (I have EU size 40). I especially love this style of shoes but I never see them anywhere
>>9271796
>>9296963
>>
>>9285867
Tarte has a mermaid palette I'm digging
>>
File: minna3.jpg (82KB, 760x568px) Image search: [Google]
minna3.jpg
82KB, 760x568px
>>9302705

May I introduce you Minna Parikka. Cute, feminine but still wearable, just like larme. They are quite expensive but so are larme brand shoes, which are usually made of plastic.
>>
File: 02_F14-432.jpg (37KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
02_F14-432.jpg
37KB, 432x576px
Do any of you ever wear an actual garter belt with larme or other styles? I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere. I love garter belts but the pencil skirts that larme brands often pair them with look shit on me.

>>9298440
I wouldn't say it's amazing, Western normie shops have been copying trends from Japanese normie shops since forever
>>
>>9302705
I do, but I don't have a lot of different shoes I use for larme either. I stick to black mary jane heels most of the time, though I'm hoping to get a pair of these when they go for sale cheaper (hopefully)

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2606157/lc-lauren-conrad-runway-collection-womens-lace-up-high-heels.jsp?color=Wine
>>
File: image.png (493KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
493KB, 600x557px
>>9302789
It's been done but I personally haven't liked any of the attempts I've seen. It just seems cheap if it's not specifically built into the garment. Even the brands with removable garter belt pieces (think mon lily) are still designed to fit the original skirt so it still looks cohesive.
>>
>>9302962
There's something about white knee highs/thigh highs in larme that really rubs me up the wrong way... please tell me it's not just me
>>
>>9303079
Maybe it reminds you of school girls?
>>
>>9303079
No I don't like it either. There are a couple of examples on the models that I don't mind, but they tend to be very, very sheer and obviously on really skinny model legs.

I really dislike the choice of shoes in that outfit as well, they make her legs look really disproportionate. I'd like to see the same thing with flatform sandals, or at least something that doesn't entirely cover her feet.
>>
Did anyone manage to snag a luckypack this year?
>>
>>9303079
I actually don't mind them in larme because they pop up so often in the magazine. But I do think that sheer or fishnet ones look better because the opaque ones aren't as mature.
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 700x933px
Both white and black solid knee highs/thigh highs are pretty rare in the magazine itself, although they do pop up more often in brand coordinates. For that matter tights are even rarer; Larme seems to favor bare legs for all seasons. I still wear my solid thigh highs and tights since sometimes you have to sacrifice some fashion for practicality.

Although I suppose for outfit shots you could always swap then out for short socks and change into longer ones for actually going out, but that seems a little extreme to me. What works in the magazine isn't always going to work for everyday life, and honestly I prefer seeing how people actually wear their Larme clothes as opposed to just ripped-from-magazine outfits. As long as it still has the general Larme aesthetic.

Still, I look forward to spring when I can wear my short socks again.
>>
>>9303209
I tend to wear sheer black tights as well, and if I do opt for short socks in the colder months I'll wear flesh coloured tights underneath. Are long socks really that much more practical though? I know they're very slightly warmer but the difference is negligible when they're so thin and you have a gap between the skirt and socks anyway. They never stay up, either. I'd rather tights than have to stop and pull up socks every 50m.
>>
>>9296242
Not actually into larme, but I bought the right-most pair recently and they size really large (pity ASOS doesn't do reviews so you never get any warning of this shit). I had to return them for a size lower.
>>
File: tumblr_oaij8cAKxY1ujpyoho1_1280.jpg (420KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaij8cAKxY1ujpyoho1_1280.jpg
420KB, 1280x848px
>>9303209
Wish tights weren't as rare.
>>
File: 1480374335947.jpg (54KB, 459x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480374335947.jpg
54KB, 459x640px
>>9303251
>>
>>9303240
It depends on the fiber of the sock (I have a few pairs of wool ones) and sock glue is your friend.

When it gets really cold though tights all the way.
>>
>>9303253
I think there are sheer tights here, though my eyes/monitor may be fooling me.
>>
There's a pic of Risa in what looks like the Katie store wearing greyish opaque tights. I think it's an older pic. It was really cute and worked cuz of the dreamt color of the tights and because all the lines of the outfit were really clean. Wish I had the pic on my phone lol
>>
>>9303243
Ah thanks for the heads up anon! they haven't arrived yet, but my feet are on the larger side for my size so that might actually be a good thing. Hope I don't have to return them.
>>
>>9303240
I gravitate towards sheer tights too, but the ones I pick up tend to be awfully flimsy and I have to be so, so careful when putting them on or else they'll tear immediately. It's frustrating.
>>
File: 27~01.jpg (26KB, 304x550px) Image search: [Google]
27~01.jpg
26KB, 304x550px
>>9303257
I don't know if this is the pic but here's Risa in opaque tights and the outfit looks cute so there's that. I'd really like some examples of winter coats in Larme as it goes, pic not unrelated.
>>
File: 16-12-31-18-56-41-574_deco.jpg (3MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-31-18-56-41-574_deco.jpg
3MB, 1920x2560px
>>9303209
Interestingly the most prominent appearance of opaque otks that I can find is in homages to the controversial Brooke Shields film, Pretty Baby
>>
>>9304653
Why does it say lolita?
>>
>>9304936
You'd have to ask whoever the artisitc/creative director was for that shoot, but I'm going to assume it has something to do with the fact that both Pretty Baby and Lolita feature underage girls in sexual situations with tragic back stories or something. Japanese fashion directors seem pretty fascinated with the whole Lolita thing. I think any subject/photo that depicts a young (looking) girl in a suggestive demeanour or outfit is deemed lolita by them? I don't know desu.
>>
>>9297822
I need that beret. Does anyone know the brand?
>>
>>9306214
I think it is Swankiss!
>>
I really want to order some pieces from Ank Rouge's Ailand-store. I suppose I'll have to use a shopping service but I've never used one before so I feel a bit lost. Anyone who has a link to a guide or advice for ordering through shopping services?
>>
How exactly does Ruby Rose's Twitter mail order work? I'm assuming I need an SS but do I have my SS ask them about what products they have or what?
>>
So my Swankiss lucky pack arrived and I got exactly what was in the stock photo.
Did anyone manage to get something different from the LP this year?
>>
>>9303079
I like them when they fit the outifit, which is not the case in this >>9302962 photo. They look so out-of-place here...
Wouldn't wear them myself though.
>>
>>9299212
The Swankiss lucky pack
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x333px
>>9307338
I think if you asked a smaller ss (kairai? japonica?) they would be able to guide you through the process. What were you thinking of getting anon?

Speaking of which, what are your favourite brands for accessories? I'd love to get something from Memnon personally. I find a lot of what the more clothing-focused brands put out a bit meh, Katie has some absolute gems though. Love all the hair accessories, the quality is amazing.
>>
>>9309214
Katie is honestly the only brand I've gotten accessories from. I can also attest to the fact that their hair accessories are great quality and imo worth the price, although you can of course find them secondhand for cheaper.

Other than that I just get cheap accessories from fast fashion stores or ali/taobao. I don't want to pay a ton for what are just honestly cheap chokers and the like. I am curious about Rosemarie seoir's accessories though, any of you guys have some from them?
>>
>>9309214
While for now I just get stuff from aliexpress/local shops, I want to get something from Katie or Rosemarie in the future.
>>
>>9309249
I have one of their velvet chokers and I absolutely love it. I'm getting an accessory lucky bag and I'm very excited. They do sell some really nymphetty or ugly stuff but the good stuff is pretty good from what I've seen.
>>
>>9309298
Any shop recs from aliexpress?
>>
>>9309453
Sure! You'll have to do some digging, but there's some good stuff. I have ordered from:
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/408276
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2186065

Not yet ordered from, but am considering:
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/434071
>https://sansummer.aliexpress.com/store/2718004
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1874165
>>
>>9309476
Thank you so much!
>>
>>9309214
I really like WEGO accessories. They're cheap and cute.
>>
Does anyone know where to find scans of the last 2 issues? I can only find bits and pieces
>>
>>9309214
A lot of things popular in larme circles are also popular in mainstream circles. Chokers are easy to find at fast fashion places like forever 21. Recently I got a nice heart shaped hair clip there that's perfect for larme
Also Aliexpress is a great place for cheap chokers and hair clips
>>
>>9309214
Katie has been my favourite for years but I don't really think of them as a larme brand per se
>>
File: shoe.png (201KB, 554x422px) Image search: [Google]
shoe.png
201KB, 554x422px
Looking at these shoes, do you think these are appropriate for larme?
>>
>>9310038
I think that there are hardly any real "larme brands" people just call brands that appear in Larme often enough "larme brands"?

Almost none of the j-brands produce clothes that are all 100% suitable for Larme. Many brands produce slightly different styles of clothes, some more suitable for larme and some less. It also depends on how you coordinate stuff, you can create non-larme coordinates by using items by some larme brands. But maybe mon lily and bonbon could be though as larme brands because they started after the magazine did?

I wouldn`t say that Katie is 100% larme either but since they have been featured in the magazine since the first issues I think them as one of the larme brands kind of. When Larme started for example Ank Rouge was a gyaru brand but now it seems to be considered as a larme brand.
>>
>>9310075
I think so, I could definitely see them with Larme. Then again, this shoes can be used with almost anything.
>>
File: 05.jpg (230KB, 780x550px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
230KB, 780x550px
Do you think it would be weird if I (instead of the getting the expensive Katie one) wear a negligee from a normie shop?
>>
>>9310130
Lingerie as outwear has been popular in j-fash for a long time now. Normies might think it's weird but I'd say go for it
>>
>>9310130
As long as you've got an eye for the aesthetic you should be good. There's a lot of negligees from normie shops that would work, but also a lot that wouldn't.
>>
>>9310075
Katie and wego both came out with a shoe exactly that same style this year so yeah definitely. Pretty sure I saw a Ehyphen shopgirl on Twitter wearing a shoe like that too.
>>
>>9309878
I don't think there is a full scan anywhere. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems like there's less and less scans lately.
>>
Could anyone post some hairstyle tutorials? Preferably the ones that don't require curling iron.
>>
>>9308779
Did you order it from Otaku Mode? What's the sizing like?
>>
Can anyone recommend Japanese brands that are on the cheaper side? Even if I find the stuff I want secondhand, it's often still more than 10000jpy for something simple and worn, and I don't want to spend so much on stuff that'll be out of style next year. I get a lot from normie stores but that stuff is not as unique.
>>
Does anyone know where to get nurse themed things besides Katie? I'm a nurse and I need all of it

>>9310858
Bubbles has a lot of clothes for less than that and they have a sale now
>>
>>9310884
What SS should I use?
>>
>>9310896
zenmarket
>>
>>9310884
If you want it to fit with larme, I can't think of any other brands.
If you want general medical themed stuff, check out the menhera thread
>>
File: 10-Guy.jpg (22KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
10-Guy.jpg
22KB, 500x454px
Anyone else get the Katie fukubukuro?
>>
>>9310907
I've been wondering whether it's worth it, I'm worried I'll get stuck with something bland or unwearable as a lot of the good stuff from this year is already sold out.
Has anyone tried it last year?

Also, the bonbon lucky pack looked incredibly disappointing for the price
>>
>>9310908
I'll post results, but honestly I'm more excited about the accessories than clothing
>>
File: IMG_2840.jpg (316KB, 785x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
316KB, 785x474px
Picked up some things at the mall today I thought may have potential.
The grey ruffled sweater was $15 from JC Penney and they also had black, navy, and white with black stripes. All else was from Rue 21 and cost $20 altogether. The white lace up sweater also came in a lovely rose color but sadly were out of my size. The pink blouse with the ruffles also came in white. Lots of sleeveless lace tops and camisoles in the clearance as well.
>>
>>9310884
Bubbles has a nurse hairclip
>>
>>9310884
I think Eatme has some nurse inspired clothes! Or has had.
>>
>>9311251
Thankfully a lot of normie stores are stocking items that would work with larme. I saw a mannequin in the window of forever 21 that was styled in a very larme way
I still prefer to buy brand though but normie stores are fine for shoes because I have giant ass feet and Japanese brands usually don't come in my size
I also saw a purple top that would work so well in larme at h&m yesterday that I almost bought
>>
>>9310858
Ank Rouge, Honey Cinnamon, Bubbles, and MonLily tend to run on the cheaper side. Swankiss and Bonbon are usually that cheap when they're on sale too.
Wego and Spinns are more general so you'll have to do a bit more digging through their websites, but they're usually the cheapest. Wego's even done some collabs with Larme/Risa (I forget which, maybe both?)
>>
>>9310884
Seconding this, i love medical uniform inspired stuff so much
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 564x744px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 564x744px
>>9310884
I don't know why there isn't more nurse themed stuff, honestly. There's quite a bit of French maid inspired stuff, so it's not like brands shy away from stuff usually associated with Halloween costumes.
>>
When building a larme wardrobe, what sort of basic shoes should I look for? I don't mean what style, but like the way that a basic lolita wardrobe has a pair of brown shoes and a pair of black shoes and so on
I was thinking:
Some sort of strappy chunky high heel in a neutral color
some sort of flatform?
>>
File: tumblr_oaac9rUAfZ1uo1fdoo1_540.jpg (86KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaac9rUAfZ1uo1fdoo1_540.jpg
86KB, 540x540px
>>9311991
Probably black high heels, something like in pic related. It would go with a lot of things, though it kind of depends on what direction you want to take with your larme wardrobe.
>>
>>9310884
I know I saw a gyaru on insta wearing a shirt that said "love a nurse" but I don't remember the brand, maybe someone else here knows, or ask in the gyaru thread?
>>
>>9311991
I might be a bit biased because I do lean towards the darker styles, but I if I were building a Larme wardrobe from scratch, the first shoes I'd get would be a pair a of black shoes that are distinctly Larme, but are also comfortable enough that you'd go to wear them every day, so for me that's a pair of velvet platform boots from Bubbles, but you could also go for chunky platform sandals or t-strap heels, (or something like >>9312024 suggested). After that, I'd either go for a dressier pair of shoes for special occasions, or a lighter colored pair of shoes for girlier/more pastel outfits.
>>
File: 11241820_5836b0e527656.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
11241820_5836b0e527656.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
>>9312116
Are these the boots you're talking about?
>>
>>9312044
That would have been a Katie shirt.
>>
File: tumblr_oh2b8isaEk1s0s3nuo1_1280.jpg (580KB, 1280x1729px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh2b8isaEk1s0s3nuo1_1280.jpg
580KB, 1280x1729px
once something is sold out, is it pretty much gone forever in this fashion?
There are only bits and pieces of this fashion that I really like and it's stuff like pic related. I know there's a small secondhand market but how often does stuff come up that you're looking for?
and where would I be able to find something similar to this, in this color and being a full body overlay type thing?
>>
>>9312147
I've found most of my wardrobe on mbok but that seems to be losing popularity (there used to be way more pages of my favourite brands there)
>>
>>9282897
Oh no. Too much nymphet inspiration. Abort, abort.
>>
>>9282903
you can find katie tshirts in perfect state for less than 30usd on the secondhand market
>>
>>9312148
Mercari has a good selection but shit on there sells out so fast!
>>
>>9276995
Does this brand not have a website? Google is failing me
>>
>>9312255
It says daddy
>>
>>9312259
The photo was so small that I missed it until I squinted at it. Now that is definitely too far.
Ugh, I wish they wouldn't enable all the gross fetishists like that
>>
>>9312214
http://roretta.thebase.in/
Anon spelled it wrong but the picture was spelled correctly so...

>>9312201
Can we vent? So much stuff on there that I've been after but couldn't buy in time because 1) timezones are a thing and 2) surprise surprise most people don't upload items 9-5 which is when most SS's seem to be working. I've been using Japonica, does anyone have other recommendations?

>>9312147
I think most of the things I've been looking for have popped up at some point or another. The real question is whether you want to buy them secondhand for the prices they usually go for, if something's sought after it's pretty unlikely that you'll score a deal.
>>
>>9312270
>Can we vent?
Ugh, yes!! I seriously scroll to something I like only to see it's sold out. Tortuous!
>>
>>9312270
I recommend momoirokumasan but she's a bit expensive
>>
File: ooohmatron.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ooohmatron.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>9312277
Every single time, I can't sleep at night thinking of all the bargains that passed me by

>>9312280
Thanks anon

>>9312264
I imagine that supposed to come across as only mildly provocative, but still, ew

Also, this is the stupidest/greatest novelty I've ever seen. Why do stuffed animals wearing knickers look really obscene?
>>
>>9312270
Zen Market is the best. Don't use FromJapan, haven't had the best experience with them.
>>
>>9312147
Asos has a dress like this in black
>>
>>9312292
Zenmarket is great for auctions but they're not very quick apart from that. They won't buy from Mercari either.

>>9312329
Link?
>>
File: lol.jpg (81KB, 1123x589px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
81KB, 1123x589px
this is the cover image for honey mi honey's website
just let that sink in
>>
>>9312367
They couldn't have picked more attractive models...?
>>
>>9312367
Yikes. I went to the honey mi honey store when I was visiting Hong Kong. I didn't really find anything I liked.
>>
>>9312147
I've been looking for a dress like this one but in a different color, not too fond of this one but I love the overlay idea.

Anyway, most stuff will show up at some point on either mercari or fril. Like one anon said some stuff does sell out fast, but I haven't had too much of a problem with that. the only time I've had a problem with stuff selling out is whenever I was buying popular himekaji prints from Liz Lisa. You can also buy directly from fril without using an ss, just a forwarder like tenso, so that eliminates some of the waiting time. Unfortunately you do need an ss for mercari, so I tend to use fril more often if I can.
>>
>>9312460
Oh, forgot to mention that there is ONE item that alludes me to this day. Never seen it on sale secondhand anywhere in the colorway I want. I still hold out hope that someday it will appear...

But anyway keep that in mind that some things just never seem to come up sadly.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1024x1024px
>>9311991
I find myself wearing these old flatforms from mon lily the most often. They're great for when I don't want to wear heels but still want some height, and they're basic enough to go with anything. I have them in white and black.

So my vote would definitely be for a basic flatform. Chunky heels are good too since you still have that support, but I'll personally go for the flatform over that if given the choice. For color I'd probably go for black, since it's ubiquitous enough to go with any color outfit, even all white outfits.
>>
>>9312292
What's wrong with FromJapan? Been using them for a couple of years without issues.
>>
>>9312530
Not that anon, but I hadn't have any issues with them either.

However they recently changed their fee structure, and it seems like it will make thigs more expensive if you want to combine packages. Has anyone used them since the fee change? I'm thinking of switching to zenmarket for yja and mbok, and then kairai for mercari. Tenso is pretty much good for almost anything else
>>
>>9312530
>tl;dr - Always purchase with the buyer protection plan!
"Regardless of the item(s) purchased, if an order doesn't ever arrive to our warehouse, receiving of compensation will depend on the plan you have selected.
Buyer Protection Plan : We will fully compensate and refund you for your purchase. Basic Forwarding Plan : We bear no liability, and the cost of the product will not be refunded. The same policy applies in the case of a non-delivery or store bankruptcy."

Basically, unless you pay for buyer protection plan, they are not actually liable to refund you anything if the order never shows up at their warehouse. It's not a huge deal since they are a reputable company, but there are other shopping services that don't require protection plans in the instance a product never shows up at the service's warehouse or goes "missing". Not that anon either.
>>
>>9312627
Oh yes, yet another part of their new system... This is not the way it was before.

They advertise their new fee structure as an amazing cost saving measure for customers but it really seems more designed to squeeze every last dollar out of you. I'm not impressed. It's sad because I really did like fromjapan before this but I'm not sure I want to try their new system.
>>
>>9312630
That's why back in the fall when I first started ordering internationally I chose not to use them despite recommendations. I really don't like the way it is worded because that should be their responsibility as a shopping service to mediate claims for lost packages or other issues.
>>
>>9312634
The recommendations may have come before the fee change. Iirc the system changed in September or October? So any recommendations would have been based on the old system. So good on you for being smart on that and going elsewhere. I haven't used them in so long since I can get most stuff through tenso.

Here's some people who got hit with the new fees: http://pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/21927336.html

It does seem designed to be deceptive to customers. That puts a sour taste in my mouth more than anything.
>>
>>9312642
That sounds right. It was at the end of September, a few days before October, that I was seeking to order international. Maybe they switched management or something?
>>
>>9312337
Why won't they buy from Mercari? I think it said on their website they buy from anywhere
>>
>>9312386
I like that some Japanese brands use ugly/normal looking models
>>
>>9270647
In the video they talk about a dark/goth side of the sweetness or adding 'a drop of poison' to your looks, but I don't see that in the magazine or the pictures in this thread. Can anyone post examples of goth coords?
>>
>>9312884
>but I don't see that in the magazine or the pictures in this thread
Then you're blind, larme gives off a creepy or nymphet vibe to most people, it definitely isn't pure cute. The high flushed blush, fadedness and sad, pouting models are central to the aesthetic and the name of the magazine means "tear". It's an edgy sad, sexy, vulnerable look IMO.

(Take with grain of salt as I'm a lolita and come to these threads from curiosity, but this is what I see as an outsider).
>>
>>9312976
I see the nymphet, sad, sexy and edgy looks but not goth or creepy (excl halloween coords)
>>
Okay so anons, what do you all think about the newest pieces to the Ehyphen Bon Bon collection?
>>
>>9312125
Ah, no. It's these; it's an older release.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 637x800px
Someone stop me. I've been growing my hair out to the perfect larme length, but I'm suddenly feeling the urge to chop it all off.
>pic somewhat related, current length
>>
>>9312976
Good post. You totally get the essence of the fashion.

>>9312995
It means goth in the traditional sense, not the modern mallgoth sense.

I'll dig it out later but in issue 24 I think there's a really gothy shoot - it's the one with the hilarious baguette full of nails if anyone else has it handy.
>>
>>9312976
Larme is a little 'creepy' (also an outsider to the fashion) but thats clearly not what that anon is asking, they want examples of darker/gothy themed outfits, dosent matter that the fashion has a creepy vibe overall
>>
>>9313043
>>9313085
Thanks. I guess I just took what they said in the video the wrong way. I'll look for that photoshoot.
>>
>>9312999
I guess they're okay.
>>
File: SCAN1486.jpg (590KB, 1193x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN1486.jpg
590KB, 1193x1600px
>>9312884
Is this kind of what you were looking for?
>>
File: tumblr_odzb0j5HOi1t3o48co1_1280.jpg (812KB, 1280x1797px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odzb0j5HOi1t3o48co1_1280.jpg
812KB, 1280x1797px
>>9313125
>>
>>9312829
Not sure, but if you try to submit an order for Mercari through ZenMarket they cancel it telling you they can't buy from there
>>
>>9313085
The way that larme is creepy is creepy in the way oldschool goth is, though. Things like pale faces, heavy eyes, plum lipstick and flowy lace are quintessential elements of classic gothic fashion.

Wednesday Adams is a gothic icon, despite actually being very simple. She wears black, has pale skin and dark hair. That's all that you really need in classic goth. Current alt fashions are all very ott and I think that skews our perspective.
>>
>>9313189
A lot of ss still won't buy from "flea market apps" as they're called. It's annoying but not entirely unexpected. I've used kairai in the past for mercari. Any of you guys tried anyone else?
>>
File: image.jpg (662KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
662KB, 1200x1600px
>>9313091
Yeah, in the video they are mostly talking about sweet outfits with a little it of an edge. The "bit of poison" part is taking from Risa talking about the spikes on her bag and bracelet in an otherwise sweet looking outfit. A key part of Larme is to balance these elements.

That said, Monaca Nishi wears a lot of darker outfits as seen >>9313125. Her brand, Fallin', also tends to be darker and edgier than other brands. I'd take her as your source of inspiration.
>>
>>9313200
They can buy from Fril with no problem (except sometimes they're rejected by picky sellers), so naturally you could expect them to buy from Mercari too. They might not have an account to use? Zen's Fril account seems pretty new (based on feedback count)

How is kairai for mercari/fril? I've only tried FromJapan, before and after the fee changes. They're okay (hate the new fee system though) but if you submit too many flea market orders that don't have immediate purchase allowed they might forget to follow up with some sellers and your order might get dropped.
>>
>>9313189
I've bought from Mecari using fromjapan before but as of 12/31 they said due to "technical issues" they are unable to buy from them currently but it seems like they plan on restoring service eventually
Maybe we should make a thread to discuss Japanese SS. We always have a lot of discussion about taobao SS but not as much for Japanese SS
>>
>>9313209
Kairai was slow the first time I tried them, then fast the second time. I think they're a one man team so I get it. I've been happy with them though. I only use them for mercari, since you can buy from fril using tenso. Never had them outright forget an order, just had a few that literally sold out overnight so they couldn't get to it in time. I don't think I want to try fromjapan if they're just going to outright forget about me....

Also I think mercari may be bank transfer only, maybe that's why zenmarket can't buy from them yet?

>>9313210
I have a feeling they must talk about Japanese ss in the Lolita threads too, but I don't go to those so I wouldn't know how frequent the discussion is. Might be a good board-wide thread.
>>
>>9313209
I've ordered a dozen or so things from Mercari/Fril with FromJapan, about five of them after the fee changes.
>>
>>9304637
I'm all here for winter inspiration, too. I'm super thin so I get terribly cold easily and I'm having a hard time figuring out outfits when I just want to wear 2 long sleeves and a giant coats over leggings and jeans and uggs. :(((
>>
>>9313210
Taobao ss discussions are usually within Taobao General, but there isn't really a Jfashion General (or it's split across multiple threads). I would be interested in general opinions about Japanese ss, though.

>>9313213
Have you ever had any issues with Fril sellers not wanting to ship to a Tenso address? I've gotten orders rejected from normal Japanese shops for the Tenso address and mbok/y!j bids cancelled for using an obviously foreign ss, so I'm wondering if it's also a common issue for fril.

>>9313223
Yeah with FJ I've ordered probably about 30+ (total) items from Mercari/Fril, both before and after the fee changes. Maybe about 4-5 orders seems like they were dropped/forgotten but it likely depends on what listing(s) you're trying to buy. Some of them I just submitted the order again and it was fine, but FJ is like a last resort for me hahaha
>>
>>9313236
>Have you ever had any issues with Fril sellers not wanting to ship to a Tenso address?

I haven't had anyone deny me yet, although one girl got mad when I didn't confirm my item had arrived fast enough (I was still waiting for delivery confirmation at tenso). She gave me bad feedback so I'm probably gonna remake my fril account fresh.

But I guess if I got completely denied I would try an ss or just drop it altogether. Don't have time for picky bitches.
>>
File: 302260651_678.jpg (138KB, 1024x1326px) Image search: [Google]
302260651_678.jpg
138KB, 1024x1326px
Charlotte Russe has a bunch of satin pleated, metallic, and tulle skirts in right now, some are $20 or less and there's currently free shipping for online orders. I got a beige lace/tulle and a greyish pink satin skirt for $10 each in store today.
>>
>>9313637
>Charlotte Russe
I know we do already cover this topic quite a bit but I got drop some anecdotal on you.
Their clothing is cheap and so is quality. And I am saying that as someone who has stuff from F21 that's held up for five years. My dresses from CR fell apart every fucking time. I don't shop there anymore because they are just so fucking cheap. I seriously think they just want to sell to people who hit up clubs regularly and need a cheap sexy outfit for the night and then toss it as soon as it gets puked on or whatever.
>>
Are there other larme fans who struggle between following trends and doing smart lasting purchases?

Everyone seems to agree that it`s important to follow trends in larme and trends I want to do that to some extent but I feel bad for buying cheap shit that isn`t made to last while trying to be trendy. I am not a great example myself because I buy clothes from everywhere, also from fast fashion stores but I feel guilty because you can tell how the working conditions are if the top costs 5$.. World is drowning in cheap bad quality clothes that nobody wants after it isn`t trendy anymore and I don`t feel so good about being part of the problem.

Buying more second hand is maybe the answer to this problem but it isn`t easy to resist buying new cheap clothes.
>>
>>9313838
It's probably bad to say that I don't really think about this much honestly.

Still, I stick to a lot of stuff that has more lasting power in Larme trends like pink and black combos, lace up details, etc. Other trends like leopard print and such I've been able to thrift pretty easily since it's an old trend that's come back. So that's makes me feel a little better about things. Even my stuff from f21 and places I usually keep until it starts to get ratty.

I definitely think I tend to buy way too much stuff though. Larme pretty much encourages conspicuous consumption.
>>
>>9313838
It sounds like the problem is lack of discipline when you see something cheap you don't really need, maybe I'm wrong but I think you get caught in the marketing trap of fast fashion. I buy a lot secondhand but I don't care about trends(I'm not really larme. I just like a lot of the brands). If you just buy from Japanese brands you'll be on trend and a lot of them are made in Japan or south korea so the conditions aren't so bad. Even so you never know if like the zipper was made in another country by someone in bad conditions, but at least you try and it does make a difference to the amount of trash in the world. Because you can sell old brand clothes to people like me instead of making more trash.
>>
>>9313956
>Because you can sell old brand clothes to people like me instead of making more trash.

No one seems to want to buy the stuff on the Facebook group though...
>>
>>9313970
I didn't even know there was a fb group, what's it called?
>>
>>9313985
Don't Cry Baby
>>
>>9313649
Ive had a ton of stuff from Charlotte Russe from 2007-2008 and they're fine. The only reason I don't have them anymore is bc i don't wear that kind of clothes lately.
>>
>>9313939
>>9313956

Yeah I agree with both of you. It is common that people buy stuff randomly “oh this is nice and wow so cheap well maybe I just buy it because it is cheap anyway”. I used to often do that when I was a teenager but luckily now I realise to consider things more carefully.

I usually try to avoid impulse buys but in many cases (and in my case sometimes) I think the problem is that if if you like some big trend or generally trendy items, let´s say the leopard pattern trend for example, items like this are often also available from cheap brands zara, hm, forever21, primark etc Some high quality brands probably have similar stuff too but when you can get something quite similar cheaper it is easy to end up buying your look from the affordable chain stores.

If you still like the item after the trend is gone there is no problem but in the worst case you are not into that trend that much anymore (you want to follow the new trends?) and the item is so bad quality that it looks quite worn out already after the 5 times you wore it… Of course not everything cheap is automatically bad quality but anyway… I try to shop more second hand and you can find awesome stuff but I can can see the same quality problem even at flea markets: many people are selling cute zara and hm stuff that has been made so badly that you don`t feel like buying it as second hand because the clothes already look worn out. Older vintage and second hand is luckily better or even great quality.

But you are right there are some options and reselling is always good but not many want to buy bad quality second hand.. And sometimes people end up buying even more thinking “this is cheap and cute and I can always sell it if I don`t like it”. Selling my stuff second hand is also troublesome enough to me that it motivates me to make smarter purchases so I don`t need to sell my old clothes all the time..
>>
>>9313970
Do you mean larme sales? I don't think stuff is selling that badly, there are some things I would've bought that are already sold, but also a lot of offbrand and replica's that nobody wants.
>>
>>9314077
>worst case you are not into that trend that much anymore (you want to follow the new trends?) and the item is so bad quality that it looks quite worn out already after the 5 times you wore it…

I think you are missing the problem. people don't want to buy into fast fashion (usually for sanity and/or ethical reasons), but the 'gotta be on trend!!' mindset of larme encourages the opposite. people don't WANT disposable clothes, and they don't want to cycle throug things but it seems to be a 'requirement' in larme.

>mfw I just wear what I like from the magazine and don't give a fuck if it's ~out of style~
>cheap second hand for me :)))))
>>
>>9314098
*through
>>
>>9314098
I never said people WANT to buy disposable clothes on purpose, nobody usually means harm by buying cheap low quality clothes but it easily happens when you try to follow trends. Or have a student budget which is normal.

Even cheap, not so good quality clothes might look good at the store but later you realise how bad the quality actually is (the price tag is sometimes a hint but not everything that is cheap is awful quality). From personal experience I can also tell that somtimes when you see a trend you like you may imagine that you will love it for years but 6 months later you realise it is not your really your style anymore. And sometimes your style might actually change. I totally agree that the "gotta be on trend" mindset is the main problem that in the worst case causes the "because i`d like to be trendy i end up buying lots of clothes for cheap and later i realise I own tons of clothes i don`t want anymore and some of them are made badly so they are hard to sell" scenario. If you have original timeless style and ignore the trends you don`t probably end up buying trend items that you want to sell after a few months that often. Or if you buy only second hand.
>>
>>9314118
Is there a "timeless" Larme look yet? I do tend to keep to the more lasting trends like I said earlier, but I don't know if those will last forever. Even looking back at the first issues of Larme, a lot of it looks so different from now. Part of that could be due to the editors not hitting their stride until now, but I wonder what the predominant trends will be like in a couple years time (hopefully the magazine will last that long)
>>
>>9314143
Speaking of timelessness, I'm worried larme will be like cult party kei and die out in a few years.
>>
>>9314146
Hopefully not but it is possible that many people leave the style in a few years? It is hard to guess because larme seems easier style for everyday use than some others, that could be one reason why the larme trend might last for a while.

I think only last year larme suddenly got very popular in the west and now many popular girls who already wore girly style have joined the style or are inspired by it. I was surprised to see for example pastel-cutie (tumblr) jump on my feed with larme inspired outfit some days ago.

I´d like to know how larme will go in a few years!
>>
>>9314153
>I was surprised to see for example pastel-cutie (tumblr) jump on my feed with larme inspired outfit some days ago.

Oh god, of course she would join the bandwagon. This will probably be the last time you see her in Larme though. A lot of the e-popular girls try Larme once or twice and then never return.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that Larme won't end up like cult party. I mean it may die down in the West, but I think it will continue to flourish in Japan. The magazine tries to adapt to and create new trends, while styles like cult party and doll lei honestly stayed pretty static untIl they fizzled out. In Japan, the stores The VirgIn Mary and Grimoire have become more and more toned down to the point that they don't even resembl the styles they inspired.
>>
>>9314165
>A lot of the e-popular girls try Larme once or twice and then never return
That's the thing tough, it's becoming more popular now but we both know those people are not going to stay with the fashion. Something else will replace it, and maybe we will get bored of larme and like that new magazine or fashion better too.

>the stores The VirgIn Mary and Grimoire have become more and more toned down to the point that they don't even resembl the styles they inspired
That's because the employees that made those shops special left.
>>
>>9311337
I can't find this anywhere, anyone?
>>
File: tumblr_nsqzkz6IOx1ro5bwro2_1280.jpg (272KB, 960x460px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsqzkz6IOx1ro5bwro2_1280.jpg
272KB, 960x460px
>>9314174
At least Bubbles x Risa collaboration had one nurse style dress that I liked! Probably available at fril or mercari?
>>
>>9314198
This is more a lingerie inspired dress. Many brands have done their own versions of it.
>>
>>9314205
You might be right... I have always thought dresses like this (even lingerie) are inspired by a nurse uniforms but maybe I came up with that myself lol
>>
>>9314214
They're inspired by nightgowns, not nurse uniforms.
>>
File: 20160321_e4baef.jpg (70KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
20160321_e4baef.jpg
70KB, 531x800px
>>9310884
>nurse
>no one has posted the greatest nurse dress yet

It's Rosemarie Seoir, it came in black as well iirc
>>
>>9314214
It's alright anon, I see it too. I wish I could find this style of dress or shirt in white x red.
>>
File: ANK0117S0032_pz_c102.jpg (86KB, 431x575px) Image search: [Google]
ANK0117S0032_pz_c102.jpg
86KB, 431x575px
I have seen bonbon and a few other brands selling tops with this type of design but... i don`t quite get it? To me the seams near the bust look just weirdly placed, am I the only one? It is like they were too up?

I have seen something similar from the 90s but in those tops and dresses the seams were supposed to be placed under your boobs. If you have small boobs this design works (the model looks fine to me) but if you do have some boobs the seam will be randomly somewhere above your boobs and it kind of looks like you were wearing too small shirt?
>>
>>9314276
It is weird, I can't tell you why they do it but I have seen some JSKs with this type of top from ETC years ago so it's not something new
>>
File: vbrain1.jpg (242KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
vbrain1.jpg
242KB, 640x640px
>>9314276
Is that from the new bonbon? God everything about this is atrocious. Not sure what's the worst, that weird 70's couch skirt, the most unflattering top ever made or the model's stockholm syndrome expression.
Come to think of it Katie has been really disappointing too, the most recent collection from Verybrain wasn't anything to write home about either. Any brands you're really into right now gulls?
>>
>>9314291
The top was Ank Rouge's but BonBon had similar styles for their AW too.

Honestly I haven't been that into any Spring collections yet... :/
>>
File: 46.jpg (146KB, 780x550px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
146KB, 780x550px
>>9314291
I love Katie's new collection, especially the long dresses! Love these ugly cats too. I want all of them.
>>
>>9314306
Talking about Katie I just saw the bitter comments about the pricing in the facebook group... Everyone is allowed to have their opinions but I am confused how some of us take the pricing so.. Personally? Even western countries are full of expensive brands that not everyone can afford. Many girls in the larme community are also (my guess) students so if you can't afford something now it doesn't automatically mean you never could.

Besides in my eyes most of Katie items are not that much more expensive than BonBon or Swankiss for example. Surely coats and shoes are their most expensive items but if you can afford Swankiss or BonBon you can afford most of their skirts, tops and simple dresses especially if you keep your eyes open for second hand and sales.Milk and Rose Marie Seoir are about the same price too but most of the time I see people complaining about Katie's prices only.
>>
>>9314488
Haha, that was hilarious. I remember there was some talk here about how the fb group was too much of a hugbox, I didn't really expect anyone to get bitchy about something so minor.

Either way, I think the next collection is overpriced regardless because of how simple the items are & there's few items that stand out above normie tier. I have to admit thought that the few things I have from Katie fit incredibly well which wasn't the case with quite a few other brands.
Larme brand pricing is a bit funny regardless cause it seems to be so strongly model-led, not sure if that applies to the rest of jfashion too
>>
>>9314291
I like the skirt but that slippers + socks combo looks dadcore as fuck.
>>
>>9314513
Yeah, I was one of the people commenting on the price point, although not as vehemently as some people... the fight between the one girl and the "fashion designer" was pretty funny.

I've liked a lot of Katie's past designs even if they're not really my own style, but this collection doesn't really seem worth their normal prices. I see very little innovation or amazing design work here. It's disappointing.

I do agree that a lot of Larme pricing is about prestige, less so about the actual quality. Bonbon is so high priced simply because it has Risa's name on it. I don't think that's the case with Katie though.

>>9314488
I don't see most girls buying Milk or Rosemarie seoir, for one thing. The rosemarie seoir lucky pack is the most oven seen the brand in the Facebook comm in a long time. I haven't seen anyone wearing Milk (could have missed it).

Anyway my point is it mightn't born be st the forefront of their minds like Katie is.

>>9314276
I honestly love this top for some reason. Planning on getting a few in this style.
>>
>>9314551
Katie always does kind of their own thing while still staying on trend, they've been around for a while and aren't dependent on larme. And things are just expensive in Jpn. There are cheaper brands like Bubbles and Ank Rouge, who have less originality, and even they are expensive for the average western student.
>>
>>9314488
>>9314551
I admire Katie for being a small brand that makes all their stuff in Japan. As much as I'm a consumer of fast fashion and can't afford to buy Katie on the regular, it's nice to support small businesses and what I do have from them is such good quality down to the zippers and buttons, feel durable, and are pretty timeless styles. It's nice to splurge on quality items that feel special.

That being said I also can't see much that I like in their new collection, probably because the breezy loose summer look isn't for me. Might grab some of the basic tops when they go on sale.

>>9314794
I agree, maybe last season they seemed to be following trends by having a lot of winter textures, and the season before having garter skirts, but overall they just do their own thing.
>>
>>9314513
Do you know if there was beef in the UK girls group or something... cause that call out of the one specific girl was out of nowhere.

I think it was really uncalled for honestly but idk what her relationship with that girl is.
>>
>>9313838
The rule of thumb is to splurge and buy great quality clothes for staple items but buy all the seasonal items for cheap and if ever some of the cheap pieces become one of your favorite items replace it with the expensive/ quality versions.
>>
File: 442606186.1.jpg (22KB, 480x528px) Image search: [Google]
442606186.1.jpg
22KB, 480x528px
>>9314880
Nah no one's posted on there for a while which is a shame. The whole thing just seems really jarring/uncalled for

>>9314794
Haven't they been going since about 1997? Some of their old stuff that pops up on auctions looks a bit frumpy/normie sometimes, would be interesting to see what the lookbooks were like awhile ago. (Pic somewhat related? That couldn't have been too long ago but still, I legitimately do not understand what they were going for)

>>9314882
That goes all the way back to what 'staples' in larme are exactly. I'd definitely buy more higher end (so to speak...) stuff if the second hand market wasn't so slow, just in case I get stuck with a 15,000 yen skirt I can't shift

>>9314551
Milk is pretty expensive and isn't featured in the magazine *that* often. I guess the fact that their style straddles so many different fashions at the same time comes into play too.
>>
>>9314889
I actually have that dress. I've been into Katie for about 10 years so I'll see if I can find older pics when I'm home. But it's not relevant to larme.
>>
>>9314894
Please do anon, I'd really like to see how their style evolved
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (73KB, 552x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
73KB, 552x788px
>>9314794
If shops like bubbles and ank rouge seem expensive to some girls then Katie's prices must be astronomical. I've bought western normie stuff for ank rouge's prices. Plus if you get their stuff on sale it's pretty cheap. Honey cinnamon and mon lily can be as well. Plus Ank rouge and Honey Cinnamon often do similar knockoff versions of other brands designs. Not gonna lie, I bought a cheaper version of something I liked from crayme from honey cinnamon.

And really it's not that Katie's prices are "bad," but personally I just don't like most of their stuff enough to invest in it. Except their accessories, which are imo really cute and top notch.

>>9314889
Yeah, Milk is a weird brand because they just do their own thing even more so than Katie. I'm really tempted to get this dress even if the price is expensive. Just wondering how much I'd really wear it to see if it's worth it. I also have the allusive Milk lace up peplum skirt people went gaga for a few threads back.
>>
>>9314976
This dress is amazing anon. How are you finding the skirt? I'm still gutted my SS messed up and I couldn't get it
>>
>>9314988
I got the skirt from "Baby Pink Moon." They usually have a stock of Milk's stuff available. I used kairai and had it special ordered. A normal as probably wouldn't want to deal with them since they don't have a webshop, but they're willing to do orders via email.

Yes, I love this dress, just trying to figure out how practical it is for my wardrobe. I have been wanting more dresses though so it may be a good buy. I have way too many skirts.

On that note, I have so many pink skirts that I actually haven't worn the Milk skirt out yet. I'm hoping to do a massive wardrobe overhaul soon, so if I decide to sell it I can let you know?
>>
>>9315000
*a normal ss

Sorry autocorrect
>>
File: 20151019214437028_500.jpg (75KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
20151019214437028_500.jpg
75KB, 500x667px
>>9315000
Please do anon - I would appreciciate that
>>
>>9314889
Yes Katie is has been around for a while and I think they don`t actively try to be trendy so some of their designs have been quite casual and some more complicated and cute. I haven`t known about Katie as long as the other anon but here on their website under "about" you can see examples from their old collections http://www.katie.jp/about.html
>>
This picture is from 2012 it looks almost larme to me but it is probably a coincidence
>>
Katie lookbook in 2014 from gyaru-coordinates tumblr
>>
File: 477117168.1.jpg (41KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
477117168.1.jpg
41KB, 480x576px
More Katie and Risa. Not sure about the year, maybe 2012-2013
>>
File: received_10208345595534109.jpg (21KB, 417x750px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208345595534109.jpg
21KB, 417x750px
I apologize if this comes up as noobish. I've worn lolita for several years but have been fascinated by larme. Saldy, after looking at a few brands it seems like I won't be able to fit with my 92cm bust and 72cm waist, are there brands that fit wider girls?
>>
>>9315149
There are things you can fit with a 72 cm waist, just look for things with some shirring. This goes for lolita as well but a lot of brands don't list the max measurements.
>>
>>9315149
My bust and waist are almost exactly same as yours and I can fit into most brands but I usually go for stretchy materials. So you can fit into many things. I recommend for tops Ank Rouge, mon lily, Wego, Bubbles, Katie, Honey Cinnamon (check the measurements, if material is ribbed or it is a t-shirt you will likely fit in even if the measurements were smaller) and same for skirts. Dresses can be more difficult if the material has no stretch but it depends on the material and design.
>>
>>9315155
>>9315159
I was hoping this was the case but I didn't want to invest money until I was certain.
>>
>>9313838
To be honest I don't give a fuck about larme trends or trends in general. I've never seen the point of following trends. I just keep my outfits within general larme aesthetics and wear what I like.
>>
>>9314153
>larme seems easier style for everyday use than some others, that could be one reason why the larme trend might last for a while
This, and the fact that larme looks more mature than most of jfashions.
>>
>>9315245
Meh, it will only stay interesting for so long. It just looks more mature than most Japanese styles you know.
>>
>>9315239
>To be honest I don't give a fuck about larme trends or trends in general.

To be honest, this is not the fashion to be in if you don't care about trends at all.
>>
>>9315261
Not that anon but how so? Does it stop being larme if it's not featured in the latest scans?
>>
>>9315000
Could you please give the link to the shopping service you used for the mail order? I am interested in a product you can only order by mail but I am not sure what ss to use...
>>
>>9315447
Yeah I thought a big part of it was the aesthetic
>>
>>9315447
Eventually you'll end up looking dated and out of touch, so to a degree yes.
>>
>>9315250
>>9315447
I'd have lost interest in Larme ages ago if I weren't paying attention to the trends. I'm sure if you haven't already gone through most of the Larme content that's available, you wouldn't care about the trends, but once you have, you want to see what's new.

>If you actually have seen most Larme content available right now and still don't care about trends, I probably sound really condescending, sorry
>>
File: 12187a9a240ea27c0f45a623fe9c0e06.jpg (294KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12187a9a240ea27c0f45a623fe9c0e06.jpg
294KB, 900x1000px
>>9302769
Finnish design clothing is expensive, but the quality and style of Minna Parikka is exceptional, and you really want to pay for that.
>>
>>9310075
I have this exact pair anon! Its great!
>>
Anyone know if there are any dupes of those monlily earrings with the little chiffon ribbons inside a heart around? I ask because I can't wear fake earrings, and don't really want to buy a pair of the monlily ones just to dismantle them.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.