[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Should I buy that?" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 45

Let's make a thread for all the /cgl/ related purchases you hesitate about.
Contributing with pic related,at 120$.
I just don't know how i'll coordinate it and i'm affraid to look too childish in it but it's cute af
>>
There are better strawberry prints imo. Save your dollarinos for one with a more coordable color than that green.
>>
>>9265985
If your reasoning for hesitating on something AP is "I'm worried it'll look childish", just don't buy it. Even the most mature of AP looks sweet, childish or just too colorful.
>>
>>9265985
This is cute but I feel like it would be cuter as a skirt and just used for casual. Like other anon said, there are better strawberry prints out there. If you want one that's a little more mature, keep an eye out for some of IW's strawberry prints.
>>
>>9266003
>>9266017
Ehh just as i thought. Thank you guys, will leave this one to another buyer!
>>
Should I buy this? I have a hard on for religious icons and images, yet I dont know if I should splurge on a black dress with jesus on it. I also think its kinda funny , but is a joke worth $200?
>>
>>9266165
Probably not, it's funny but I think in 6 months you'd get tired of not having anywhere to really where it
>>
>>9266165
Buy it, anon. Buy it and do it justice.
>>
>>9266165
If you love religious icons and you're already considering a piece this unusual most people would shy away from, I say do it. Plus, as other anon said, do it justice.
>>
>>9266165
I think that after a while it won't be funny anymore. After the joke ends, would you feel pretty in it?
>>
I've found so many things I want to buy lately, but I decided to wait and see what lucky packs will be on offer.
>Tell me what lolita is, what can it be
>What is this yearning burning me?
>Can I survive it, will I endure?
>This is my sickness, is there a cure?
>First this obsession seizing my brain,
>Starting in passion, ending in pain (In my wallet.)
>I start to shiver, then I'm on fire,
>Then I'm aquiver with seething desire.
>Who knows of the auction, who wins the bid?
>I long for something - but is it worth 100 quid?
>My bank account is reeling, I wonder why;
>And lose the dress? I'd rather die.
>By day I refresh the page, refresh by night.
>This tender torment, tinged with delight!
>Tell me what lolita is, what can it be?
>What is this yearning, burning in me?
>>
>>9266175
>>9266194
I think im gonna do it justice anons! I was feeling like the dress might not be unusual enough for the price considering the simple design.
>>
>>9266298
I'd say it's quite unusual *because* its design is so simple. It's simple and elegant and looks like any old little black dress but it has Jesus' face smack dab in the middle of the bodice, you don't see that every day. Wear it well and enjoy it!
>>
>>9266165
I think it's ugly how the design is only on one panel and the cut is too plain. At least it isn't played out and common like the cat and rabbit prints
>>
>>9266165
Buy it and pin a mustache on Jesus.
>>
>>9266354
Seconding this
>>
>>9266165
I find this dress pretty disturbing. I could only coord it with a cardigan over the pannel.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 479x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 479x712px
>>9266165
This is one of those dresses you will be infamous for anon DO IT

pic related I'm on the fence about this one, Love the skirt but think the top is a little ita, the lace just seems a *bit* too big to me, and looks like a doily- am I overthinking it?
>>
>>9266206
Kek.

also Jesus dress anon, buy it and rock it. And seconding the anons, pin some mustache on Jesus for the love of everything good.
>>
>>9266366
Nah you're overthinking imo the top looks totally fine.
I am quite interested about how you're going to coord these shades of green I never saw such "bright" green in lolita before.
>>
>>9266380
Yeah coordinating search for this has been a bit of a challenge but I'm really excited about it since I love green and don't see too many wearing such colours, this dress will be a lot of trips to the coord help thread..!
>>
File: RoseLastNoteOP-mint_0.jpg (121KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
RoseLastNoteOP-mint_0.jpg
121KB, 280x373px
>>9265985
I love this dress but the seller is from Europe and so shipping will be an arm and a leg. They also want to charge Paypal fees on top and probably won't mark it down for customs. I don't know whether it's worth the hassle I'll probably have to go through for it.
>>
File: IMG_20161124_172601.jpg (691KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161124_172601.jpg
691KB, 1080x1080px
>>9266334
Op here I like how simple it is since im into wearing lolita daily, bt I do agree it could use more details, which is one of the reasons im a bit hesitant.
>>9266369
>>9266354
Honestly thats a pretty good idea! Now I gotta go shopping for little pins to dress up jesus-chan.

Also heres short compilation of my building religious collection minus the crusifix stuff lol. I know I can pull this dress off.
>>
>>9266165
Dude, if you don't buy it, I will!
>>
>>9266393
Ill slice you if you touch it anon in jesus's name!( plus my paycheck comes in in 10 days, dont do it !)
>>
File: 5237000002-01.jpg (23KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
5237000002-01.jpg
23KB, 600x800px
Pros:
I love velvet
love (and need more) camisoles
Love light pink
On sale

Cons:
Nothing else I want on the site and it seems a waste to ship one small flimsy thing from Nippon and likely still have to pay out the ass for shipping
The lace is ugly as sin
Maybe there's a better velvet cami out there?
>>
>>9266165
That dress maked me laugh.
>>
>>9266366
I think it's lovely. Just make sure to wear a cuter blouse than the one pictured. The spring color is so nice and refreshing.
>>
>>9266408
i don't mean to be rude but

what makes this special to you?
>>
>>9266420
Do you mean what do I like about the camisole? Because I went over that in my post. It's not for lolita btw, it's for other jfashion.
>>
>>9266430
i guess the question just stemmed from the fact that it feels a little underwhelming to me, but i'm also a diehard lolita. is it from some kind of larme brand or something? if it's cheap i'd snag it, but if it's anything nearing ~$50 it doesn't really seem worth it for what it is.

i'm not /fa/ if you can tell
>>
>>9266435
Yeah, it's larme and it's less than $30 which is good for larme but like you said its kind of an underwhelming piece on its own; id mainly use it for layering so it'd be kind of disappointing to just order it and nothing else lol. I'll probably browse secondhand and see if there anything similar or better first. I just love velvet camisoles....
>>
>>9266366
I own this and it's absolutely beautiful in person, go for it anon!
>>
>>9266462
that gives me more context! $30 sounds like a good pricepoint. i know nothing of larme besides the general aesthetic but i know pink x black is big for you guys.

do the thing!
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 250x333px
I'm after pic related but I'm wondering whether I should buy the revival (there are a couple on Y!A) or wait for the original to pop up. Is there anyone who can comment on the difference in quality of the two?
I don't really like the idea of 100% polyester tbqh.
>>
>>9266408
What brand is it?
I feel like the quality is gonna make a massive difference here, if it's cheap lace + cheap velvet it won't look great
>>
>>9266508
It's Monlily so not absolute shit but not top tier.

>>9266646
You are right. I think it's just the brand name thing that's blinding me lol. I decided to browse Fril instead and spoil myself there instead.
>>
>>9266392
That lovely boz

>>9266366
Get it, green is so underused in lolita and the print is adorable
>>
File: 02_790.jpg (128KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
02_790.jpg
128KB, 250x333px
So I've wanted to get into lolita for a while now. With all the black friday sales I figured it was the best time. I'm not sure whats considered a good deal though so I found a few I liked and wanted opinions.

https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/metamorphose-patisserie-dream-jsk-and-headdress-in-cream-pink

https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/angelic-pretty-chess-chocolate-op-in-brown

https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/ap-melty-chocolate-op-brown-relisted
>>
Should I buy the 80k IW LP? You can't even choose a size in case of shoes. I like half their prints and have the money but how would I resell that much stuff without losing money if I get tiny or large sizes and ugly prints like that Trump card print
>>
File: il_570xN.1038650913_jm15.jpg (67KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1038650913_jm15.jpg
67KB, 570x570px
Should I buy this DreamHolic wig? Does anyone here have experience buying from them?
>>
>>9266872
If you don't want to shill for a blouse yet I'd opt for one of the OPs. The Chess Chocolate one has detachable sleeves which helps if you want to change up the coord. I'd check mercari if you want a really good deal though.
>>
>>9267002
I like them. Always so soft, and great colour blends. Room for big heads, too. Haven't had any thinness problems, but I only own 2. Steel grey is a really nice colour of theirs.
>>
File: thank_you.png (307KB, 463x391px) Image search: [Google]
thank_you.png
307KB, 463x391px
>>9267012
Very much appreciate your input!
I think I'll buy the wig, then c:

Thanks!
>>
>>9267006
Thanks a lot anon!
>>
File: stardust op coord.jpg (134KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
stardust op coord.jpg
134KB, 480x640px
I have the opportunity to get this but IDK, I think it might be too much...
>>
>>9266392
I love your collection. I'm a nut for religious imagery too. Got a handful of lolita and goth stained glass things and architectural things. Right now I'm working on collecting weird mushroom shit though.
>>
>>9267015
You won't regret it! They're super nice.
>>
>>9267022
i-if you don't buy it, i'd love it

it's really cute anon! you just have to decide if you'd be comfortable with something so OTT
>>
>>9266392
That Algonquins jacket is amazing, anon.
>>
>>9266384
Ugh, just had bad/stressful experiences with decide if it's worth the hassle for you. Also I think it's still priced a bit too high (I think i've seen the listing).
>>
>>9267057
I know your pain, I'm currently in a struggle with a gull over a sale, they're taking ages to pay even after we finalized the sale a week ago. I don't really want to deal with even more hassle so I think I will hold off unless they decide to drop the price.
>>
My friend and I are contemplating whether we should get the Innocent World happy pack thats going for ¥80,000. Has anyone gotten a big Lucky Pack from IW before? Should we just do it? We both really love IW but aren't sure if we should splurge...
>>
>>9267080
If you both like IW's designs and fit their sizing well, go for it.
>>
>>9267082
We're doing it. Thanks for the confidence boost!
>>
>>9267080
I've got the 80000 one once and I'd say it was worth it. It's mostly plain stuff that didn't sell well, but if you wear IW often and like casual, comfy pieces, then you won't be disappointed. Also, there's usually some really good/relatively sought after items thrown in. I got a print I had really wanted once and a Millefeuille bolero, so well worth it. You can make back your money by reselling what won't work.
>>
>>9267125
Oh great! We feel even better about it now. Thanks a ton, anon! c:
>>
>>9266874
It looks like a good deal but the not being able to choose shoe sizes thing really fucking sucks, you could always resell them if they don't fit you
>>
>>9267080
I saw that they weren't letting you choose sizes. Is that right?
>>
File: 12064002-web2.jpg (183KB, 750x530px) Image search: [Google]
12064002-web2.jpg
183KB, 750x530px
I've been eye fucking the wine/black colorway on the right so hard since it's been released, I love the novelty and execution Meta did this time and the colors are unusual and so nice to look at.

I hesitated too long last night and lost the first preorder round because I'm trying to rationalize having it. My new job treats me well, but I want to save up money and continue beating back adult stuff.

Next paycheck comes in end of next week.
>>
>>9267164
I don't dig that cut but I'm loving the bustier jsk and I really want it in the off white colorway now.
>>
>>9267125
How many main pieces and how many shoes did you get? I got a couple full Rozen Maiden sets in my last LP that didn't fit and had to sell them super cheap, they were originally expensive and I think that took up a lot of what I would have otherwise got
>>
>>9267155
Yeah, we aren't allowed to choose, which sucks, but we both tend to fit into most of their items ahhha rip i hope we dont get too many shoes lmao
>>
I'm currently bidding on another dress so it's unlikely I would buy this but I'm still curious. There is a pink SDC jsk in LSE for 150NZD shipped anywhere and it's NWT so it seems a bit odd for me. The picture is also of half of the dress. Is the color/cut super unpopular or is there something odd?
>>
>>9266384
What makes you think she won't mark it down? European lolita's suffer the most from customs so she should understand
>>
>>9267746
Maybe the seller is concerned about the loss of money if the package got lost. But atleast my country's postal service would probably make up a reason so they don't have to refund the value of the package or only refund partly as they state they don't do refunds over x value so the marked price should be useless anyway in that case. I don't know about other post companies though.
>>
>>9267002
I own 4 and I love their wigs. they are super soft and the blends are really nice.
>>
>>9266384
Wait do I need to worry about customs fees if I bought from a European seller and I'm in America? The seller is located in Hungary
I've bought high value items from straight from Japan before and never got hit with fees but never Europe I think
>>
File: 1_014000000077.jpg (237KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1_014000000077.jpg
237KB, 800x800px
the debate between "this is what i like, the oh so reserved excentrique" vs "fuck this is just a priest dress"
>>
>>9268088
>fuck this is just a priest dress
You say that like it's a bad thing. I'd get it if I were you but I'm a slut for white collars on black dresses.
>>
>>9268088

It's about time we've had a priest dress with all the nun dresses running around.
>>
>>9268098
Might you say 'Amen to that'? I quite like it. I just wish that Excentrique was more affordable, especially with a shit currency conversion at present in my country.
>>
>>9268111
excentrique is actually becoming affordable since all the other burandos are pumping their price up over the roof
>>
>>9268123
That doesn't make it any more affordable only more comparable in price. Big difference there.
>>
>>9267663
Didn't SDC go on clearance in certain cuts for about 150 USD?
>>
File: IW emblem scallop jsk.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IW emblem scallop jsk.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
I'm torn between pic related and an IW happy pack. I know if I bought this dress I could wear it casually (possibly even to a family christmas party). But I also need to fill out my wardrobe and a lucky pack would be an easy way to do that.
>>
>>9272920
Does this dress cost between 300 and 800 dollars? Not sure what your basis for comparing the two is.
If you don't need brand blouses and accessories and are more about specific dresses than get this.
>>
>>9272925
It's just that my current funds only allow for one purchase right now and o have no guarantee that the wunderwelt dress will still be available in a couple months. I probably should have made that clear.
>>
>>9272920
>>9273012

Lots of IW meet the casual wear criteria, so I'd go with :

(a) which one do you need now -- as in, when do you need the blouses, do you have time for an order later on, or will a tea party happen in, say, February, where, by the time you have money for a taobao order taobao itself goes on holiday for chinese new year? If you don't wear this dress to the Christmas party, how sad will you be and do you have another dress to wear? Choose the option that's more urgent, no sense having a beautiful dress but can't attend a tea party, or having a full coord but can't wear it to your family party.

(b) If the answer to (a) swings either way (as in you don't particularly need one or the other), ask yourself how badly you need this specific dress. Some of the less popular IW prints can be much harder to find, so you should grab it while you can.

If you don't particularly need it, though, there will always be casual wear-ready IW popping up.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>9266165
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m181797315
There is a cheaper Jesus out there
Buy it
>>
>really need to save money
>get paid today
>dream dress with matching otks and headbow gets listed on lm

Satan, guide my paypal
>>
Is it normal for a dress to have different lace hems depending on which re-release it is or what cut it is? I'm looking at a good deal on an AP dress but the lace hem looks like it's a cake pattern, which is a lace AP uses, but most of the pics I can find of this dress have a ribbon/bow lace. It's the re-release of that dress that I am considering buy.

(no link 'cause it's a stupid-good deal that I am guarding selfishly)
>>
>>9274456
how rare is it? will you see it again this year? if so, just save the money for now you'll be glad you did
>>
>>9274460
Special sets tend to have different lace, and different dress cuts can have different lace too.
>>
>>9274460

You should probably track down the exact re-release to doublecheck. If not lolibrary, you can try AP's shopblogs around the time of the re-release and see if they have photos of the lace.

- The special sets often have different lace.
- Misty Sky's first release is the only version where the lace is coloured, subsequent re-releases have white lace.
- DDC wristcuffs release and MTO used different lace.
- Plus sample goods often have different lace/ribbons/etc.

I don't know of any regular re-release where AP didn't do the same lace, though. For AP releases, the lace is almost as important as the print.
>>
>>9274462
I've never seen the fullset being sold before, it's kind of old
It's in my favorite cut and colorway too
I've convinced myself, I gotta buy it
>>
>>9274489
I would agree, then buy it. just shopping ban yourself afterward until you save up the equivalent
>>
>>9274466
>>9274467
Thank you anons for the advice and encouragement. What it came down to is this; Sweet Cream House has two cuts that look nearly identical based on stock images:
- Sweet Cream House High Waist JSK
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sweet-cream-house-high-waist-jsk
- Sweet Cream House JSK With Collar
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sweet-cream-house-jsk-collar-2013

So what the problem was is that both cuts use a different lace; one has ribbon/bow lace and the other has a cake/bow pattern lace. When a seller takes a picture of the item lying flat, unless they focus the shot on the neckline, it's almost impossible to see the difference.

so tl;dr I got sweet cream house for $180, thank you gulls!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 750x1334px
I've been coveting this particular bag for a year, and of course the only one I can find is listed on LM for 175$ (The retail price is 12,390 yen, so about 109 USD).

Because I'm also in Canada, with the conversion rate being so shitty, I'm looking at over 230$ CAD for the bag, not including shipping charges. I really want that bag, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay scalper prices for a bag that I may/may not see again.
>>
>>9275211
Lol at the fact that she doesn't even accept holds or payment plans, when she's selling everything well above retail.

I honestly wouldn't go for it unless you're willing to shell out more money than the bag is worth, the only upside is that it's NWOT and in mint condition, not sure if that really compensates for the scalper price tho.
>>
>>9265985
>tfw considering buying that exact same dress but don't know if it's a good idea
>>
>>9275211
It's not a scalper price if it's hard to find and coveted
>>
>>9274583
the releases do have different colors. The colors of the second release are more muted than those of the first. You can easily distinguish the both releases by color only.
>>
File: ap_moondropskirt.jpg (152KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ap_moondropskirt.jpg
152KB, 500x600px
I found this for $60. It's one of my dream skirts, but I'm honestly so confused on how I'd coord it. I was possibly thinking a light blue or mint blouse? All the coords I see with it has a white blouse, which gives off a wedding vibe to me. Should I even bother?
>>
>>9275211
I think I've seen this on Mercari or Fril from much cheaper. If I see it again I'll post it here or in the dream dress thread?
>>
File: What-Evil-Kermit-Meme.jpg (27KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
What-Evil-Kermit-Meme.jpg
27KB, 648x648px
>>9266408
buy it
>>
>>9275211
>>9277674
Okay just checked and the one I saw sold already. Good news is that a couple have sold around the 7,000 yen mark. I'm going to keep an eye out because I already stalk the tags for other dream pieces.
>>
>>9277668
I feel like it might just be you on the wedding vibe thing. I own quite a few white jsks and coord them with white blouses. As long as it isn't super ott it doesn't look wedding-y at all.
White is actually really versatile, I think a light blue blouse would be very cute with this. So would light pink or lavender.
>>
>>9268088
I would get this. Excentrique's quality is amazing and this piece is gorgeous.
>>
>>9276759
Really? That's good to know! Another point that's been difficult is that I notice a lot of people have photoshoped pics of them wearing the dress to alter the color of it. I got it in pink and the worn photos of Sweet Cream House in Pink always looks very pastel but then the "for sale" photos always show it as a dusty raspberry pink. It's kind of annoying because I don't know what I need to buy for it yet because I can't tell for sure what will match it.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 448x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 448x750px
I love chess so I'm looking into Chess Chocolate currently, but Im having a really hard time deciding what color/cut I want to get.
>>
>>9277963
If you fit into the hime sleeve OP, get that one. The other cuts besides the jabot looking jsk are pretty ugly. You can get the sleeveless jsk pretty cheap, but sleeveless is so unpopular it will be hard to get rid of if you don't like it
>>
>>9277668
Plan colors are extremely versatile, you can coord it with any color, black x white, white x pink, sax, brown, mint, red. It's super cute, and cheap. Do it!
>>
>>9277963
>>9277975
Agreed with the hime sleeve OP, or the salopette if you are into that. The others have been replica'd to hell and back, and I feel like seeing someone wear the luxurious OP would say "real, not replica" more.
>>
Been looking at buying some new blouses, in general the secondhand market seems to sell them pretty cheap so I'm trying to hold out on shelling out too much for a nice blouse. About how much would you say is a good price for a new pink peter pan blouse?
>>
>>9267002
That wig looks nothing like the stock photo anon. I would pass.
>>
>>9277674
That'd be wonderful, thank you! I've been checking as much as I can myself, but any extra help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9278758
??? A used brand blouse on WW is around 40-50, on y!J you can sometimes find them cheaper, but you can also find them for 60-80$ for the newer ones. Taobao blouses go for around 40. About the cheapest blouses I've seen were the damaged ones that WW sells on their LM, but I've not heard how well they clean up
>>
>>9277668
Pastel cardigan layered over white blouse will keep it casual and not wedding-y.
>>
>>9277963
I think the jabot JSK is cutest, but definitely avoid the detachable sleeve OP because most people immediately think of the replica when they see it.
>>
Will I look like an ageplayer or like I'm wearing a kids' dress in pic related? Assume I am a slim, early 20s with a decent face.

Pic not me, only pic I could find of this cut and colourway worn.
>>
>>9279428
You won't if you style your hair and do your makeup in an elegant, tasteful manner. And I wouldn't coord it with utks like that, these are among the most childish socks I've ever seen worn with lolita, mostly because they look picked out by a child. Going with ruffly otks will drag this more into the Victorian doll look and away from the daddy's cummies look.
So basically the only thing you should have in common with your worn pic is wearing the same dress.
>>
File: Boz.jpg (134KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Boz.jpg
134KB, 400x533px
Should I buy this new Boz Jacket? Roland has been on my wish list for a while but I actually really like this jacket better.

I always buy second-hand to save money but I'm wondering what are the changes of this popping up since Boz doesn't appear often.

Also can't chose between Bordeaux and black.
>>
>>9279428
Fit plays a major part in this, I feel. Wearing a too small, too short dress will make you look like you raided your little sister's closet and that's obviously not a look you want. If this OP fits you well there shouldn't be a problem.
It IS a very cutesy dress though so you may get some unwanted comments regardless of how well it fits you and how tastefully you coord it but that's beyond your control.
>>
>>9279542
I would go for it anon! Its really nice and like you said, it might be hard to find again second hand. Black is more versatile ofc but i dont know what your wardrobe is like so thats down to you
>>
>>9279542
Tokyoalice has a lot of Boz IIRC, they seem to get more second-hand Boz than other Japanese second-hand sellers.

(Might be getting confused, it might be Alice Furururun, but I remember that one of the more obscure Japanese sellers had a lot more than Closet Child and Wunderwelt last time I checked).
>>
>>9279439
>>9279551
Thanks anon, I think I'll go for it!
>>
>>9279542
I have this in bordeaux and it's beautiful, the way the jacket sits I prefer over my rolands. If you don't have a black boz jacket, I'd go with black, it would be easier to coord in your wardrobe as boz red doesn't match my IW or aatp reds too well.
>>
>>9279315
Thanks, I know blouses on secondhand market are cheaper but I didn't know how much so ($40 is pretty great), was worried that people selling them for so low weren't serious or something.
>>
>>9275211
https://item.mercari.com/jp/m996057997/

Not sure if this is the exact same bag but it's cheap
>>
File: m996057997_2.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
m996057997_2.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
>>9275211
GO ANON GO, it's 4,000 yen!
https://item.mercari.com/jp/m996057997/
>>
>>9281332
Ack, I'm trying to make an account in order to buy it, but it's telling me that my info is in an incorrect format??
>>
>>9281349
You need a shopping service to order from mercari. Japonica are really good and I think FromJapan does mercari too.
>>
>>9279552
>>9279575
>>9279615
Thanks anons!

I think I'll go for the black one but I'm still not sure if I should wait to find it second-hand or buy it now. I was originally saving up for a nice MM wool coat, so getting the coat directly would take away from the amount I saved up.

If I wait for it second hand I'll have more time to save up but it might be a while before it pops up.

Or I could just say fuck it and get both.
>>
File: heavenlycrosses.jpg (753KB, 2045x2561px) Image search: [Google]
heavenlycrosses.jpg
753KB, 2045x2561px
Can't decide if I should try to get AP USA's lucky pack and risk getting 2 dresses I don't like or wait a bit and get one of these. Can't decide if I want the OP, JSK or the SK,
>>
>>9283027
IMO the amount of overhang the overlay has on the OP is really awkward. It's like...not long enough to look deliberate like a long sheer overlay over a mini-skirt would, but not short enough to not look noticeable. I like the skirt cut best.
>>
>>9266165
you'd give me about fifty keks is i saw you in it at a con

so yes
>>
>wishlist dress currently available but can't afford it right now
>see the perfect OTKs to match
>only $35 if I add them on to my current SS order
>don't match anything else in my wardrobe or on my wishlist so could be a total waste of money if I buy them but the dress sells out
>have to order the OTKs within a few days if I want them
What do, cgl?
>>
>>9266491
Seconding this. Curious of the revival's quality.
>>
>>9284322
buy them! who knows if they will come up again, whereas a dress is far more likely to become available at another time. I have a whole bunch of matching stuff hoarded for when I find my dream dress
>>
>>9283027
I would wait and get something I liked instead of risking wasting money on something I don't care for and might not sell fast enough.

>>9283092
that was the only thing I really liked about this dress.
>>
Should I go with a Roland coat or jacket? & if the jacket velvet or polyester, I can't decide ;;
>>
>>9284770
Why not both? :^)
>>
>>9284322
don't buy them, save the money & buy your coord after you've secured the dress. >>9284430 type of mentality is why lolitas don't have the money for their dream items in the first place.
>>
>>9284778

T-Thanks this really helped me decide.
>>
>>9284430
>>9284781
Now I don't know what to do.

There is a third option, which is to buy both using my savings and then replenish my savings using future sales, instead waiting to buy until after I sell the stuff I want to list on LM, but I'm not sure how financially responsible this is. (I'm also going home for the holidays in a few days and can't make any sales posts until January because I'll be away from my wardrobe, so stuff will almost definitely sell out if I wait).
>>
>>9284770
>coat or jacket
Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but aren't they both the same as far as Rolands are concerned? pics?
>>
>>9284794
(for reference, I have around $350 in discretionary income to last the next three months and it'd be $250 to buy the dress and OTKs together. I have about $350 worth of stuff in a sales pile waiting to go out but no chance of putting it up for sale until mid-January. I also have an interest-free overdraft and some guaranteed income during that period, but I try to be cautious because I could have unexpected expenses or lose my part-time job. To be honest it probably wouldn't affect me financially to just buy them both now, but it would make my parents and bf think I was wasting too much money on clothes so it would rock the boat less to delay the purchase until my sales stuff sells).
>>
>>9284794
how rare is what you are looking at? if it will come around again in the next few months then just wait. if not, then get it and save up until you've recooperated the cash.
>>
>>9284814
I don't know. It's a couple of years old and close to its release there were several different people on LM selling it, but I haven't seen it in about 6 months.
>>
>>9284820
that's up to you then. if you are going to be absolutely devastated if you don't get it, then get it. personally I would wait, but that's just me.
>>
>>9284797

http://www.boz.ne.jp/product/detail/BZM2130.html
Jacket

http://www.boz.ne.jp/product/detail/BZM3206.html
Coat

I'm probably retarded, also at 6'1" would the "long" coat even look long on me? I think I'd like something that'd stop around the end of my thighs a little above my knees.
>>
>>9284862
Ohhh, I had no idea you were talking about mens' stuff rather than the Rolands for lolita. I'd suggest the jacket even if you're 6'1", because the "long" coat might hit at an awkward length on you (and I think floor-length trenchcoats often have poor associations on men in general). For velveteen versus polyester, think about the rest of your wardrobe. Polyester goes well over both velveteen and other polyester, but you wouldn't want to pair the velveteen one over velveteen IMO. The polyester will also be easier to care for.
>>
>>9284868

I'm probably just going to go with the black polyester. T-Thanks for actually helping.
>>
>>9284877
Jacket is also likely easier to sell if you ever want to sell it.
>>
File: 1480011813200.jpg (78KB, 601x901px) Image search: [Google]
1480011813200.jpg
78KB, 601x901px
>>9266165
fixed it for you
>>
>>9285164
10/10 would wear
>>
File: british.jpg (73KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
british.jpg
73KB, 500x600px
I have a crush on this OP, I love it BUT my wardrobe is mainly black and I don't know how would this look coordinated with black. Buying brown accesories is not an option, because a) I'm a poorfag and I don't want to spend money on something I'd wear only with one dress and b) I HATE color brown for dressing.

Opinions?
>>
>>9285354
It has a lot of black along the boarder so i think that black shoes would work. I would think about a cheap cream beretto go with it anon, with some black accessories thats a really simple coord done at least
>>
>>9285669
*beret

mobile is the worst
>>
>>9277703
>>9278030
>>9279347
You're all right, it's probably just me overthinking it. Thank you for the advice. I ended up buying it too!
>>
>>9285354
I own this OP in the ivory colourway, and if you really like the print/cut, I'd say go for it!

I was in the same boat with regards to the rest of my wardrobe not really fitting this dress, but I have the matching headbow for it, and I went with taobao for the rest of my accessories. I feel kind of silly for owning a dress that isn't cohesive with anything else in my wardrobe, but I liked this print too much to pass it up.
>>
>>9284862
Have you checked the sleeve length? Afaik the mens' versions are made for someone more like average Japanese male height...
>>
>>9284543
Thanks anon. I ended up not getting the LP, and I heard it had dresses I didn't really like. Now saving for that sweet Heavenly Cross.

>>9283092
Ugh, the stupid long overlay is exactly what I love about it..
>>
>>9284430
>>9284781
>>9284821
I came into a small inheritance (very small, I'm not next of kin so I just got a couple of hundred dollars), so problem solved! I bought the dress *and* the OTKs. Still need a better blouse for it but I have ones that will do.
>>
I'm really loving this bag (pic related), and now that it's on sale, I'm really thinking about it, but I haven't had experience with AP's bags and I'm already getting dolly dot and I need to start saving my money especially after getting christmas gifts... Should I just do it? ))):
>>
File: ap dear students 3way bag.jpg (84KB, 360x432px) Image search: [Google]
ap dear students 3way bag.jpg
84KB, 360x432px
>>9290429
>dropped pic
>>
>>9290429
Most AP bags are made of a soft material, so it will feel nice but may not stand up to everyday wear and tear. It would be worth it though if the bag goes with a lot of your coords, it's not a bad buy.
>>
>>9290441
Aaaa okay thank you so much! I think I'm gonna get it haha
>>
PONY PURSE ALERT
I don't like them but I noticed three on Closet child and thought you guys might want 'em;

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/112450

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/114368

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/114599
>>
>>9266408
Nah.
>>
>>9290429
I purchase that bag in Ivory, pink, lavender, and brown when it was on sale. I want black and white too but they freaking sold outttt
>>
File: 11182257_582f08dbe1d75.jpg (554KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
11182257_582f08dbe1d75.jpg
554KB, 500x600px
I've never got a soft toy bag!
What do you gulls think?
Worth it?
>>
>>9296014
if you want it as a bag then no, they tend to have room for like two coins.
if you want it cuz it's cute af, then sure. go for it.
>>
>>9295160
it was such a good deal! I considered getting the brown as well but i need to control myself lmao
>>
File: lace.jpg (57KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
lace.jpg
57KB, 450x600px
Would this be good for old school?
>>
>>9296064
Not with a skirt that full. It's cute though!
>>
File: 12221015_585b292c3b667.jpg (351KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
12221015_585b292c3b667.jpg
351KB, 500x600px
Real talk: AP's LP print in black. Yay or nay? I like the pink amidst the royal blue in the border print, but the black/white checker pattern is throwing me off.
>>
>>9296070
Damn thats what I was thinking too, skirt just felt a little bit off in shape for what I was wanting. In that case I think ill just buy it in the wine colorway and forget this one.
>>
>>9296064
Something about this seems off to me. I think it's the skirt shape, and maybe too much lace. This would look much nicer in a colorway with less contrast, like pinkxwhite or blackxblack.
>>
>>9296092
The lace is actually the reason I love it, but I have shit taste and tend to love most lace monsters anyway.
>>
>>9296014
This is sickeningly cutesy and with the bonnet as well looks embarrassing to wear out, but if you want it as room decor then go for it.
>>
>>9296078
I think it's cute, go for it.
>>
>>9296064
It's not really oldschool but you could build a cute solid coord out of it on the same principles. It's not that it's too full, or that there's too much lace - you guys do know that you do get full skirts and lots of lace in some oldschool, right? I'd say that the slightly off silhouette comes from fullness+length but the main thing making it not oldschool is the lace type. Oldschool pieces tend to use cluny lace/other types of cotton lace or raschel lace. That kind of lace near the hem, that's made of a net or fine sheer cotton embroidered with a design in white thread, is pretty much never seen in oldschool and it's that that takes the look firmly out of oldschool territory.

If you want an oldschool dress and want to recreate an oldschool look, I suggest researching the style more and looking at more pictures. If you just like the dress and are worried that people will think it's ita if it's not oldschool, they won't, and solid dresses with white lace can still be coordinated nicely even if they're not authentic. Buy it if you like it.

>>9296070
>>9296082
>>9296092
Just curious, how new are you guys? This post has been up for weeks without anybody else pointing out that it's lace type, not lace quantity or poof level that makes that dress not oldschool, so I want to know if you guys haven't been in the scene long or if it's just common for experienced lolitas into modern styles not to know much about oldschool.
>>
>>9298023
I'm >>9296064 and was more commenting on how the dress looks off in general, not just for oldschool. I wouldn't recommend it for any coord, oldschool or not, it just looks cheap to me. I've been in the fashion for ~5 years now, but have a strict capsule wardrobe of plain velvet and "Grandma's floral couch" classic, so yes I might not be the best person to give advice on oldschool. I probably should have commented on lace quality, looking back on it, but like I said, the dress just looked weird to me and I felt like chipping in. Sorry for rambling.
>>
>>9298088
The lace at the hem isn't bad quality, it's just not oldschool. I agree that the silhouette looks off, but that kind of high-poof borderline-tea-length silhouette has been on trend lately. I wouldn't want to shit on anon's tastes if that's what they genuinely like, even though I personally don't like the dress.

The cheap impression probably comes from it looking like it's slightly sheeny polyester.
>>
File: IMG_1297.jpg (254KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1297.jpg
254KB, 500x600px
I haven't paid much attention to this dress so I haven't heard any comments about it. It just recently caught my eye but I'm worried the shape would be too unflattering. Also, I haven't really checked it's price but if it's too high I don't think it's worth it..
Any help would be nice!
>>
>>9296078
that's a monstrosity
>>
>>9298177
Anon... a quick search for completed listings on lacemarket would answer your price question. It takes about 30 seconds. This is a popular print.

If you have big boobs it will look bad, period. Sack dresses tend to only look good on petite girls. Just buy the skirt instead if you're in doubt about this cut but passionate about the print.
>>
>>9298088
Lol, old school lace was often shitty though, especially Meta. Could you possibly talk out of your ass any more? It's the cut, materials and length. Someone about it is so very Taobaoish.
>>
>>9298242
Sorry, I'm tired and I misquoted myself, I'm not anon who posted the dress, I'm anon who said the dress seems off.

I don't know why you're going off about lace quality though, I agree the dress looks very taobao-ish in a bad way, and though it's hard to tell from just the pic, the lace doesn't look fantastic, but passable. That's what I meant by I should have commented on lace quality.

I can't speak for traditionally oldschool pieces, but I own a few pre-2003 Meta pieces, a floral skirt and a velvet jsk, and the lace seems nice on those?
>>
>>9298252

Not the anon you replied. Meta's well known as the only one of the major brands that made entire dresses out of raschel lace, and if we're talking grandma's couch, some versions of Antique Bouquet are trimmed with it too. Their raschel lace is actually pretty good, but I guess on 4chan any insult will do.
>>
File: 08101445_57aabf8b30191 (1).jpg (240KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
08101445_57aabf8b30191 (1).jpg
240KB, 500x600px
I'm considering getting shoes from Angelic Pretty. Are they good quality? Is it worth to buy brand shoes?
>>
>>9298242
I kinda think you shouldn't be analyzing old school lace either.
>>
>>9298428
I love old Meta and their gobelin/couch prints. But their raschel lace is pretty crappy. Source: have owned a lot of it.

>>9298631
Baby and AP's cluny lace was normally lovely, but Meta and other brands often used crappier lace. Soz that you think old school = amazing quality.
>>
File: m160780231_1.jpg (32KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
m160780231_1.jpg
32KB, 720x720px
I'm considering looking for an oldschool btssb dress, but am shying away from it because I know I'll have to go through a shopping service to get a good price, and I'm worried about it as I've never used one before.
My other option is an oldschool styled bodyline dress :/
>>
>>9298819

Really? Friend had the full raschel lace dress and I really love it. Aiming to get a black version for myself. Would you particularly advise against this? Admittedly I didn't wear my friend's dress and can't tell how itchy it is.

I've owned Bodyline dresses with tulle lace, and I think it really says something when Meta's raschel lace is actually softer and nicer than Bodyline's crappy tulle lace. It's like, why bother going for tulle lace if it's every bit as stiff and itchy as raschel lace.
>>
>>9298826
Brand > Bodyline, always, especially with oldschool. Shopping services aren't that hard to deal with, and it's not unreasonably expensive, but I'm curious, exactly how low is your budget if your only other option is bodyline?
>>
>>9298826
wunderwelt usually has a pretty big selection of oldschool dresses, and they're easy to order from
>>
>>9298832
It's better than most raschel laces, but it depends on the piece. If you like it, go for it. The smaller lace is generally questionable but passable, but sometimes they have this really thick raschel which is particularly bad.
>>
>>9298837
it's not really that my budget is low, more that I'm building more of my daily wear wardrobe and I don't really want to spend more than $100 on something that will likely be subjected to the regular life of a college student. Up till now I've mostly just bought old bpn & putumayo etc off closetchild but I'd like to venture closer into lolita.
>>
>>9298540
I can't vouch for these specific shoes but generally spoken brand shoes are better than their replicas, they look much nicer. However all brand shoes are overpriced for what they are. It's a pair of pleather shoes and you mostly pay for the name and design.
>>
>>9298847
Old school Baby pieces can be really cheap in the Japanese market, I've picked up dresses and complimentary items (blouses, cardigans, etc.) for less than 4000 yen including ss fees in the past, and I'm a daily lolita so I can vouch for their durability (as long as you take care of them, of course). Totally worth the not-effort of a shopping service in my opinion.
>>
>>9298847
I would recommend scouring the J auction sites and building up an SS order to combine on shipping and fees. Every so often I'll get an itch for some more wearable pieces and oldschool items and will put together a sizable order.

For about $300 shipped with all fees included, I'll usually get 2-3 blouses, 3-4 main pieces, a handful of accessories and socks, and maybe a coat or shoes. It's very worth it since I'll do this probably twice a year and will wear the pieces on a daily basis. Hell, it's cheaper than getting normie clothes for everyday wear and the items last longer.
>>
>>9298819
I'm an old school fag and normally love Meta's older pieces but absolutely hate the raschel lace so I agree it's ugly and bad quality. It makes everything look so sad and frumpy, especially the blouses. I thought you implied there were much more ugly lace but I apparently misunderstood that. Generally old school lace is amazing and lovely. I have a Moitie op with a rachel lace overlay from 2004 and it's nice and can pass but it's nothing like the ugly Meta lace.
>>
>>9296078
So this is AP doing Meta? With the teddy border prints and the general Fancy Egg feel. I iike the royal blue + pink combo as in other prints like Magical Etoile.
>>
>>9296064
It looks crazily long, emphasised by the fact it's A line and will probably give you an odd jellyfish shape with a short a line petti under it. I love the bodice though so I'd buy it and hack the bottom tier off. Maybe remove the random corset lacing on the hem, too.
>>
>>9299135
>crazily long
It looks about knee length, maybe a bit longer if you're short. Nothing crazily long about it.
>will probably give you an odd jellyfish shape with a short a line petti under it
Why do you assume anon will wear a too short petticoat with it?
>>
>>9298180
Thanks anon! I was checking some coords and I don't think it would be unflattering on me. I'll definitely give it a try if I ever see it for a good price.
>>
I love old school. Should I get this? Is the high waist going to make me look fat?
>>
File: 16_11_23_41_1.jpg (47KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
16_11_23_41_1.jpg
47KB, 426x640px
I was actually looking for a white coat but I'm having a hard time considering a bust of 110cm.

So I really like the look of those capes but I don't think they can really keep me warm.
Maybe combining it with a muff?
>>
>>9300941
Depends if you have boobs or not

If you're fairly small that cut should look fine
>>
>>9299080
Especially if you look on Mercari and Fril stuff goes super cheap, I see oldschool dresses for 3000 JPY all the time. Cheapest I ever got a main piece for was 850 JPY, although most of the designs I like are rarer so I've paid upwards of 10k yen for oldschool pieces before.
>>
>>9300964
The mini capes aren't that warm, but I have one that's about elbow-length on me and it's surprisingly warm. Wearing a turtleneck under a JSK instead of a blouse, with a thermal underlayer hidden underneath and some mittens, I was really warm in one. Depends how cold where you live gets really - it never gets colder than -5°C here.
>>
>>9300964
A capelet is in no way a replacement for a coat and will not keep you warm at all for winter. I would only wear this in the fall weather only in Sept-October. I live in the North East of USA if that helps to identify the climate.

What kind of climate do you live in?
>>
>>9301130
>>9301134
Thank you two for you input. Those were exactly my thoughts.

I'll probably get it for Spring and Winter or maybe when I know we won't stay too long outside.
I'm from the South of Germany so quite similar climate here to yours.
>>
>>9300941
Go for it, it's cute. The high waist won't make you look fat unless you're fat already or have huge boobs, especially if you don't wear it with huge amounts of poof.
>>
>>9265985
>>9266165
>>9266366
>>9266384
>>9275211
>>9285354
>>9266408
>>9267022
>>9296014
>>9296064
>>9296078
>>9298540

No

>>9272920
Buy that dress senpai, fuck the happy packs

>>9267164
>>9268088
>>9277668
>>9298826
>>9300941

Y E S, buy it

>>9277963
Probably doesn't help you much, but the bustier and regular JSKs in ivory were my first dream dresses when I was a babby
>>
I've been debating about the blouse (but in black) for a few days. I like it and think it's really cute, but it's the only thing I even want from Taobao right now, so hesitating because not sure if it's worth all the SS fees and double shipping I'll have to pay.
>>
File: 652748-724-2016-05-19719392.jpg (62KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
652748-724-2016-05-19719392.jpg
62KB, 280x373px
This in Pink, It has full back shirring and Im 5'10. Could I fit a underskirt underneath and it look okay?
>>
>>9301318
Join to a collective order or wait until you want something else from taobao.
>>
>>9301341
This will look terrible with an underskirt, so no.
>>
>>9301412
thnx, that's that idea gone.
>>
File: apop.jpg (45KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
apop.jpg
45KB, 479x640px
I'm a total newb to lolita, but someone has offered to sell me an Angelic Pretty Milky Planet re-release in perfect condition for 100 GBP. That seems like a good deal to me but I thought I should ask people with more experience for advice first before I drop that much cash.
>>
>>9301427
The skirt's up for under £30 right now if that interests you:
https://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/w-19532
>>
>>9301427
It is a good deal for the OP for the JSK it would be an even better deal. The rerelease wasn't popular, the only color that did well was navy. She most likely wouldn't get much more than 120£ for it and as it's not popular it would take a while to sell.
>>
>>9265985
It's a cute dress, I think Misako owns it if you want ideas of how to dress it up more maturely (cardigan/beret/tights/low-heeled shoes/mature hairstyle, basically). $120 is too much for it though IMO, I've seen it go lower.
>>
What is everyone's opinion on Betsey Johnson bags? An outlet store near my house usually has them for pretty cheap, and I've been considering picking something up.
>>
>>9302031
They can look cute but they can also look very tacky
>>
>>9302031
If it works with your coord, why not?
>>
I've wanted the Mozarabic Chant Short JSK since even before I got into the lolita side of this board. I just got a credit line increase so I'm considering it. Should I go for it, gulls? Right now my wardrobe is tiny and the most I spent on lolita is $120 so I'm wondering if I should take the $300 plunge.
>>
File: 1345407190749.png (35KB, 253x227px) Image search: [Google]
1345407190749.png
35KB, 253x227px
>>9266362
this but coord it so the cardigan -JUST- reveals the jesus face
>>
>>9298540
Honestly I didn't like brand shoes. If you're a clumsy person they're always made from fake leather and they scuff really easily. I tripped and caught the heel on the top of one of my last ones and the pleather ripped immediately.
>>
>>9304491
Mozarabic Chant is gorgeous but $300 is a lot, especially when it may yet get a re-release and drop in value. Definitely don't go into debt for it.
>>
>>9304568
Not that anon, but has there been any correspondence with Krad Lanrete about a MC rerelease?
>>
Do you think vampire requiem in the short jsk in black for $300 is a fair price? I see the red and ivory for less and even the black for less and really don't want to overpay
>>
Would it be appropriate to ask for a price check in this thread?

I have two D. Walkure hats in black and want to sell one, but the one I'm selling is missing the pin on the front. What would be an appropriate asking price for the hat without the eagle pin?
>>
>>9304498
Ditto. I'll only ever buy brand shoes if they're on a serious sale or super cheap secondhand. They just don't last, and even if you keep them in good shape and don't scuff them up, they'll just deteriorate over time due to being pleather. I have a pair of Meta pleather shoes that are about 6 years old; in great shape, but are cracking all over due to the age.
>>
>>9304976
Damn. I'd love to have it with the pin for sure. Depending on the condition, based on listings for AATP hats that are similar, you could probably ask for 80-90 and go down from there if there's no interest.
If you had the pin, I think you could get more.
>>
>>9304491
Seconding the '300 is too much'
Krad is nice, but quality/print/etc I think you'll be happier paying closer to 200 for it.
I love my Krad, don't get me wrong, but it's not 300 good.
>>
>>9304976
Goodness, I know I'm interested depending on what you end up asking for/the condition/what country you're shipping from. Where you going to post it, LM, FB?
>>
>>9307085
Thanks, anon! I'll probably start it at $80 and go from there, since the style of hat itself is something that still gets good money. I wish I had the other pin, but I only have one and will be keeping it for my set.

>>9307147
I'll probably post it on LM, but I'm not in a huge rush to do so, but when I do post it then I'll link to it in the BST thread. I'm in the US and it's NWOT; I've never worn it and it still has the plastic dangly piece that the tag was held on by, but the tag got torn off somewhere along the line.
>>
File: P12SK505-bbo-1-480x480.jpg (105KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
P12SK505-bbo-1-480x480.jpg
105KB, 480x480px
wtb: aatp opal church choir skirt in black/Bordeaux
>>
>>9308119
Wrong thread
>>
>>9308132
Yeah I know, I noticed as soon as my dumb ass pressed post
>>
>>9266408
Don't buy it. The colour is nice, but you shouldn't have any problem finding a better quality camisole for a similar price.
>>
>>9277668
Anon. It's a plain white skirt. No offence, but if you have problems with coording a plain white skirt, you should either lurk more or just give up on fashion altogether.
>>
>>9308119
Don't buy it
>>
>>9308890
Is it ugly in person?
>>
>>9309121
No, I was just joking because you posted in the wrong thread. I hope you find it lol.
>>
>>9309147
lol, oh. Again, I'm stupid. Thanks though
>>
>>9308850
Outfits with a white bottom can easily look top-heavy - it's fairly tricky to do white skirts well IMO unless you're going for a shiro coord or mostly white with little pops of colour as accents.
>>
File: scallopblouse.jpg (18KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
scallopblouse.jpg
18KB, 345x437px
Eyeing this blouse on the IW Winter sale, but I'm not the biggest fan of the huge lace on the collar edge. I really like the unique look and colors, but for the price (¥11410) should I just wait? Are there better blouses out there with this look? Was going to try and check on Lolibrary, but as often, it's down.
>>
>>9308119
I'm in love with this too. If you get it, could you review it maybe?
>>
Ayyyye I want to buy it
>>
>>9314665
In three years in the fashion I've not seen anything else out there from a lolita brand with contrast collars and cuffs before, although it's not really my style so I might just not be looking in the right places. It seems more like something other jfash brands would do, which w
>>
>>9301341
Don't do it anon. I am also 5'10" and that dress doesn't have adjustable straps. You'll only be sad in the end.
>>
>>9314688
Of course, I hope I can find it!
>>
File: museeduchocolat.jpg (82KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
museeduchocolat.jpg
82KB, 280x373px
Keep seeing this jsk popping up for a good price a lot, and I'm in love with mint chocolate things. The problem is I'm kind of plus size and busty. Measurements say it goes up to 110cm in the bust, while mine is about 103cm, but would it look horrible and unflattering? I've only seen pictures of small girls wearing this cut.

On the other hand though, could it end up looking good and sitting on my natural waist since usually busty = higher sitting waist.
>>
>>9316647

Go for it. One of my friends has your bust size (G cup, iirc), and has this dress wishlisted because she borrowed it from another friend, tried it on and it looks great on her.
>>
>>9314665
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/113808
>>
File: 02_J40.jpg (50KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
02_J40.jpg
50KB, 432x576px
I've been looking for a pink pencil skirt that I can wear casually for larme. This one caught my eye, the suspenders are removable so it seems quite versatile, but I'm wondering whether it might look a bit too cutesy and thus not as easy to coordinate? I've been thinking of removing those limp little bows anyway.
I don't own any separates from Ank Rouge so it's hard for me to judge what their fit is like, which would be helpful to know...
>>
>>9317061
I think if you aren't into so many design elements of it such as how cute it is, straps, bows, don't get it. There are a ton of peplum pencil skirts around, especially in western shops, and they would probably be better since you can find a better fit and more size ranges. And you wouldn't have to bother with shipping something from japan.
>>
>>9317186
I actually find the fit for most Japanese brands much better - I'm REALLY short so most pencil skirts in Western stores are far too long and generally big for me. So if anything, that's a plus. I think you might be right on the cutesy elements though.
>>
File: IMG_4103.jpg (84KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4103.jpg
84KB, 480x640px
Sweet Candy Ribbon Jumperskirt set. Btssb is having this at 50% off and I'm thinking about getting it. Is it tacky though? On on hand I think it is gorgeous but on the other it looks like too many bows. I also don't own anything this ott.
>>
File: PetitPatisserieTieredJSK-mint.jpg (94KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
PetitPatisserieTieredJSK-mint.jpg
94KB, 250x333px
I'm hesitating because I never spent that much on a single dress before (200 dollaridoos with shipping fees to europe)
>>
>>9320479
You can take the bows off/ make them detachable, but don't buy it if you are really only buying it because it is 50% off.
>>9321304
I think 200 is a good price for that dress.If you are in a tight budget, get it if you have things to match with it or you'll end up having to spend more to wear it.
>>
>>9321304
If you are on the poorer side of lolita and rarely spend $200 i always recommend that you only buy dressses you truly love or dream dresses. No sense in usinf that money for a dress you just kinda like.
>>
File: m_574a68bdbcd4a76bc7035190.jpg (124KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
m_574a68bdbcd4a76bc7035190.jpg
124KB, 580x580px
I found these in red, are these sandals really that rare? I have a opportunity to get these now.
>>
>>9322889
Get them. Is it eBay or taobao? If it's a taobao link, a lot of gulls have been hunting for replicas of these for a while.
>>
>>9322919
I made the purchase, I don't think it is a replica, seller listed as VW and it includes the original dark blue boxing.
>>
Is jetj's antique doll in antique rose worth it?
>>
>>9323081
yeah ebay sellers never lie
>>
Hi everyone, I've been thinking of getting royal poodle for a while as a wardrobe filler. As y'all know isn't super nice or converted or anything so I don't want to pay too much for it. Opinions on price for the pink and red colourways? Would there be a price difference between jsk and OP?
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.