[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replica Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I wasn't sure where to post this, was going to do it in the Lolita general but the old thread is dead and I didn't want to start it off with a replica discussion.
Someone I have as a friend on Facebook is selling Celestial in Black for absurdly low, around $100 less than the going price. She says it's because she lost the front bow, but that the dress is in otherwise good condition. I'm still a little suspicious though, since the bows are one of the most telling signs of a replica. It's a long shot, but can anyone tell from these photos if it's a replica or not ?
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1080x1440px
>>9260231
Sideways for some reason
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1080x1440px
>>9260235
>>
Did you ask her directly if the dress was a replica?
>>
Just ask for pics of the AP tag.
>>
>>9260260
There was an AP tag that looked real, but I've been pretty paranoid ever since I read a post by some anon where they said they took the tag off other dresses and sewed them onto replicas.

>>9260257
She said it wasn't a replica, but if it was would she really tell me?
>>
>>9260274
You're paranoid, Anon.
>>
>>9260231
Replica or not, that dress looks bloody awful.
>>
Does anyone have a link to that taobao store that sells really good holy lantern/melty cream doughnut replicas?
>>
>>9260355
fuck off

also they don't sell them anymore
>>
A lot of the better replica stores on taobao shut down within the past six months. I wonder what happened to them?
>>
>>9260274
You sound like paranoid-chan from the online comm thread. Either you are he same person or cgl has been hit with some seriously over thinking noobs.
>>
>>9260231
if it was secretly a replica, why would she be selling it for way less? I'd be closer to your level of suspicious if she was asking like, 30,000yen for it or something.

anyway, the replica that came out was pretty good (all the right lace even). AP also made it tough by not standardizing the way the arrangement of the print in the bodice, as the fabric is segmented between the vertical lace.

I have never seen Celestial in person, but I'd guess the ways to tell the real thing are:
> non-droopy, 2-ply waist ties (smoother quality chiffon)
> 1st row of lace on skirt (AP logo lace) is either attached to the lining or just attached to the underside of the print fabric's hem.

The replica seems to be composed of lining, solid color fabric, printed thin chiffon layer, and then the final chiffon overlayer hemmed w/ star lace.

In any case, you should never be able to see a gap between the AP logo lace and the print.
That's my two cents from looking at photos of the rep and the original
>>
>>9260449
p.s. the one in the listing looks legit in my opinion
>>
>>9260296
Sorry about your poor taste.
>>
>>9260361
Okay but do you have the link to the store? I remembered they had other stuff too
>>
>>9260542
The entire store is empty, see >>9260370
>>
>>9260542
Go fucking google it holy shit anon
>>
>>9260231
Looks legit to me.
The low price is probably a combination of that dress not being popular right now, that colorway of that dress never being popular, and the bow being missing
lolibrary.org/apparel/celestial-jsk
>>
File: dress ebay.jpg (19KB, 476x500px) Image search: [Google]
dress ebay.jpg
19KB, 476x500px
So, I know god forbid,but I found this dress randomly on ebay one day, and I was wondering: Does it look like a replica of some sort? Does it look legit or like milanoo monster trash?
>>
>>9272367
Doesn't look legit at all, overshooped pics like this are super shady. You can't even see the print.
>>
File: IMG_5611.jpg (102KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5611.jpg
102KB, 484x645px
>>9272367
It's toalice it's pretty decent quality. Someone got the pink one in the mail. It's just a very pastel print.

>>9272373 you really need to learn your taobao brands before you spew nonsense.
>>
File: IMG_5610.jpg (285KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5610.jpg
285KB, 484x645px
>>9272367
Here's a worn photo from the girl that does all the toalice images you find on taobao.
>>
>>9272367
pretty sure you can actually see the badly shopped out "-noo" watermark towards the middle left side of the skirt lmao

On another topic though, what do you all think about buying cheap secondhand replicas for the fabric? I'd love to make some cute accessories and stuff for around the house (tissue covers, cushions, etc) and while I'm not comfortable supporting replica makers I feel like maybe there's no harm in destroying a few already-purchased secondhand ones?
>>
>>9272414
>>9272415
not op but >>9272424 here, why would someone go to all the effort of badly shooping out all the shop logo and watermarks though if something sketchy werent going on? Obviously I dont think ToAlice replicas are a thing, but at best it's probably some overcharging scammy reseller
>>
>>9272414
>to alice
>decent quality
Have you never bought lolita in your life? To alice uses shit thin fabric and doesn't have enough volume in their skirts at all. Both the photos you posted don't make the dress look good, despite the copious amount of shoop and filtering to alice puts into their photos. To alice quality is okay enough for the weaboos who buy it, but it's nowhere near decent lolita quality.
>>
>>9272464
It's better then bodyline though. The photos where included to show of the print since the image posted was too bright not to reflect the quality. I have two things from them that where made pretty decently and fit quite well considering their price to quality. They are not any where near good or excellent quality by any means. Brando is much better in quality but price to quality with Brand is usually hand in hand. With taobao shops you don't always have that justification of quality to price. The dress in question is cheap and the quality is decent to the price.
>>
>>9272502
It's on par with Bodyline's better pieces. And you can tell plenty from the photos posted: the amount of lace and fabric used is far less than what should be used, the fabrics are thin, and the ribbons are shit. They have interesting designs, but "good for the price" is not the same as "good". ToAlice isn't particularly cheap either; they're pretty expensive for a taobao shop, and many of the sellers who make knock offs of their designs are much cheaper with quality that is the same.
>>
>>9272424

On topic: I don't see why not, as long as its being sold cheap. If you're buying anything and its close to its retail value, i feel like that's just feeding the beast. Better to take replicas off the hands of people who are knowingly getting out of that then people looking to buy another one.
>>
>>9272511
>the amount of lace and fabric used is far less than what should be used
There are plenty of AP, BABY, etc dresses that don't use much of both either, so much for that.
>>
How do gulls feel about replica socks?

Personally I can't bring myself to buy secondhand socks unless I can tell they haven't been worn and are still in pristine condition. Usually I just buy socks that I can make work, but if I see replica socks that match a print I own, I've been tempted before now but held back.
>>
>>9273339
Brand dresses usually use enough fabric so the dress can hold the volume they're meant for. The lace they use is definitely enough so that there are enough gathers/ruffles in the lace without it looking stretched out, please show some examples of brand that uses too little lace. Sorry your weeb clothes brand isn't good quality, ToAlice chan.
>>
File: l030-2.jpg (350KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
l030-2.jpg
350KB, 700x1050px
Does anyone know if this is a replica?
>>
>>9273426
It's an original BL print.
>>
>>9273426
It isn't.
>>
File: L_g0059879120.jpg (50KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
L_g0059879120.jpg
50KB, 750x600px
Anyone have any idea what the quality might be like for this replica? My sister bought it for me for christmas, (I only know bc she asked me to tell her what size to get and I didn't realize it was a replica until it was too late) and I'm not allowed to see it until christmas. She says the fabric and lace are good quality, but she doesn't know jack shit abt fashion so I doubt her opinion. Also, is it likely a to alice as well? the wallpaper looks similar to >>9272367
>>
File: tumblr_lyxhfaiRUB1qawyc7o1_500.jpg (69KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyxhfaiRUB1qawyc7o1_500.jpg
69KB, 500x373px
>>9273426
Yes, the original is by Amy Lee
>>
>>9274699
It's not a replica. Your newfaggotry is showing anon.
>>
>>9274787
Yeah it is. That anon posted here ages ago and many other gulls were interested in the quality of the replica too. It's stupid as hell to have a replica of that, but whatever. Anon's sister is nice for trying.
>>
>>9274787
Clearly you're also a newfag if you can't even tell from the background that it's a knock off of Nameless Poem, not the original one.
>>
>>9274803
By that logic, BTSSB must have made NP replicas too before it even existed because that's how 80% of all nun lolita dresses look.
>>
>>9274801
>>9274803

I'll admit I didn't take note of the background. I'll admit to that mistake. But really? A replica of a dress that costs like 80 dollars for the actual one? That's pretty comical.
>>
>>9274813
Wow. You really are new, aren't you.
>>
>>9274816
Agreed. I don't get it either, anon.
>>
>>9274699
what's the name/brand of this dress?
>>
>>9274817
You probably think BTSSB's Sister Maria OP is a replica of AP's Cross OP too because they are the same cut with the same lace crosses, right?
>>
>>9274813
>>9274825
That is literally a 1:1 copy of Nameless Poem. Lurk more you retard, the shop that sells it even uses "Nameless Poem" in the listing name.
>>
>>9274820
To Alice, is one of their oldest dresses.
>>
>>9274827
Idk what shop you are talking about but To Alice doesn't.
>>
>>9274825
What the fuck are you even going on about? I am not the one who stated all nun dresses look the same. That is the person you should be responding to.
>>
>>9274787
Lol, is this bait? It is a replica of Ista Mori's Nameless Poem, not the original.
>>
>>9274835
>not even knowing how the post structure works
Yet you call people newfag, kek
>>
>>9274838
>being this butthurt about being called a newfag
sorry you don't know how to lurk before posting :(
>>
>>9274816
Nameless Poem isn't always available, and the replica is like $20. Poorfags gonna poor.

>>9274820
It's a replica of Nameless Poem by Ista Mori. Many taobao shops replicate it.

>>9274833
>>9274828
I don't think the replica is by ToAlice; ToAlice watermarks all their pictures.
>>
>>9274847
It restocks like every three months in all colors. Hell my-Lolita-dress had insta mori's in grey up right now if you wanted that one. Spreenow can get you the black one for 90 shipped at the moment. If you're too poor to even afford that then you don't belong in this fashion. Buying replicas of indie brands is a new level of poor fag.
>>
>>9274877
Chinese people aren't going to buy from western resellers of chinese brands.
>>
>>9274801
I still intend on doing a review when I actually get it! I just thought maybe I'd post here and see if anyone else owned the replica
>>9274816
>>9274818
>>9274847
My sister actually payed 60 for it, I feel bad that she didn't get the original, but I can't really expect her to go through the trouble of using a shopping service or navigating taobao. She's just a normalfag, she wouldn't know what to do, much less care enough to try.
I appreciate that she got me something she thought I would like, regardless of the fact that it's a replica.
>>
>>9274910
Understandable! Like I said earlier, I think she was really nice to put forth the effort to get you a dress. Please let us know how it is. I wouldn't personally buy a replica of it, but I'm still curious to hear.
>>
>>9274910
That makes sense though. You can't expect family or others who are not untuned with the fashion to know much about it. It's the thought that they want to get you something they think is what you will love that counts. My brother did the same thing once. He bought a surgery carnival replica off of my-Lolita-dress. He thought I would look cute in it although I don't wear sweet. I smiled and said thank you and let it sit in the back of my closet to never be seen again.

And 60 is about as much as the original goes for but it's quite tricky to get it that much if you are not intuned with taobao or a SS.
>>
>>9274883
Why would a Chinese buyer be buying from any one but taobao direct any way? Just because a reseller has it doesn't mean it's not on taobao. They have to get it from taobao first before they resell it.
>>
>>9275015
They wouldn't, that's why I said that they aren't going to buy from resellers. Resellers usually prepurchase stock so they can have it while it's already sold out on taobao.
>>
>>9275213
Okay but the conversation wasn't about Chinese lolitas. It was about someone asking if it was a replica or not and how the cost of the actual thing is the same as the replica.
>>
>>9275229
No, that particular vein of conversation was about why there are replicas of an already cheap dress. It was stated that Nameless Poem wasn't always readily available, and the replica was cheaper. An anon then replied that it restocked frequently and that certain resellers had colors that were out of stock on Taobao available to purchase. To which I pointed out that Chinese people (which are the main buyers of Taobao goods) would not purchase from those resellers, thus explaining why there are replicas of an already cheap dress. Simple enough?
>>
>>9275245
So you just pulled a fact out for no real reason. Okay anon you do you,
>>
>>9275260
>unable to understand why the fact was relevant
it's okay anon, we can't all understand basic reasoning.
>>
>>9260355
>>9260542
>>9260550
>>9266148
It moved to https://shop116580864.taobao.com/
>>
Does anyone want a replica of their dream dress just so that they could wear it very casually while saving the real one for special meets? I probably won't ever buy one since I can buy an older brand piece for the same prince, but still I think about it.
>>
>>9281309
Having a real deal and high quality replica to compare side by side is really interesting, thanks anon! They did a good job for the most part, but they cheaped out on the raschel overlay, and Baby has a really specific way of doing their bows that they didn't get quite right.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.