[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Cosplay General: Post Star Wars cosplays, your ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
Star Wars Cosplay General:
Post Star Wars cosplays, your ideas for future Star Wars cosplays, anything related as well.
>>
I'm wanting to cosplay ROTJ Luke and I've been on Arda for a while and I'm torn on a wig choice. I've been looking on Arda for a while and am stuck between the Benny, the Hansel, or the Derek in Sandy Brown
>>
File: CPHkHRYVEAA31s7.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CPHkHRYVEAA31s7.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9257143
The FX Black Series Saber is pretty good buy, nice hilt and has a nice glow and sound to it as well
>>
File: tumblr_o4obz7jXfB1syqzu2o3_1280.jpg (563KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4obz7jXfB1syqzu2o3_1280.jpg
563KB, 1280x1707px
>>
File: tumblr_ocyzqaKNRo1qzag1wo1_1280.jpg (112KB, 600x1032px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocyzqaKNRo1qzag1wo1_1280.jpg
112KB, 600x1032px
>>
File: tumblr_nzzk9jYMex1tqn5v2o1_1280.jpg (352KB, 548x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzk9jYMex1tqn5v2o1_1280.jpg
352KB, 548x750px
>>
File: tumblr_o1h6kbz9v01rftqmlo3_1280.jpg (426KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1h6kbz9v01rftqmlo3_1280.jpg
426KB, 1280x1920px
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Me as finn at nycc
>>
>>9257790
they're sooo cute!
>>
>>9257849
Would be fine except for the hairdo.

Also, try to get yourself an Anakin Ultimate FX lightsaber. It's slightly smaller than a replica but does the trick and it's moderately cheap.
>>
Please know the difference between cosplay and the professional costuming done by the 501st and other organizations
>>
>>9257866
>professional

yeah right
>>
>>
>>
>>9257866
501st is literally just a bunch of neckbeards playing favorites with other neckbeards. They made my buddy re-do the straps on his scout trooper outfit 5 times, yet some fat slob is allowed to take his EE3 (not a canon blaster storm troopers use) blaster with him to cons and such because he's friends with the division head
>>
>>9258390
That's exactly my impression of them. I considered joining them once, read the characters approval restrictions and it's so full of shit. Not even screen accurate.
>>
File: Image.jpg (3MB, 1307x1960px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
3MB, 1307x1960px
Self posting bc why not. I wore this to AX and had a lot of fun.
>>
>>9258595

Only good thing about them is they do a lot of leg work on finding pieces
>>
>>9257866
Is there a difference? I've friends who do both. And my good friend is a cosplayer and hoping to have her Darth Talon approved.
>>
>>9257866
This 501st shit is so obnoxious. I can do without your holier than thou "screen accurate!!1" club, thanks.
>>
>>9260297
Funny thing is while there costumes look good, most of them don't even try to get hair/makeup right, which is imo the whole point of being screen accurate?
>>
I agree that a certain amount of 501st members are shit heads, but there's heaps of great members and squads out there. It's like any social group where just one or two members can ruin everything and give the group a bad reputation. Most members aren't even remotely involved with approving costumes or making the reference guides, so that comes down to just a few people at the very top.
And I think a lot of the 'holier than thou' rep comes from garrisons and squads that do lots of official troops with Disney for big events and premieres.
>>
>>9261413Just avoid the Queensland one in Australia. Even current 501st members know that's the worst chapter. Theft, favouritism, cliche behaviour etc. They are literally the example of everything wrong with the 501st culture
>>
>>9261489
Any stories to share?
>>
File: Bla.jpg (761KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Bla.jpg
761KB, 1536x2048px
Bump with question: what are theatres usual policy on armor? I want to wear my armor for rogue one, but I've heard slot of stores will ask people to take off their helmets because they think they're gonna rob them (not very inconspicuous)
Do theatres take it easy if you are obviously there for a movie premiere?
>>
>>9268161
I don't think a theater will let you in wearing anything that obscures your face. Maybe try and call the specific theater you're going to?
>>
>>9257866

As someone in one of the "other" clubs, most of us give the 501st shit for being a bunch of jackasses. "Costuming" and "Cosplay" are the same fucking thing, cosplay was just coined by a Japanese journalist that went to an American convention in the 80's and didn't know why there were so many people in silly costumes. There are people in the various LFL-recognized costuming groups that are professional costumers (ie: make costumes and/or costume pieces as their main source of income) but that doesn't mean that the entire member base of those clubs can be counted as "Professional Costumers".

It's a venn diagram. In the one circle, you have 501st/RL/Mercs/Jedi Temples etc, in the other you have professional craftspeople who make costumes and props for a living. The overlap between the two circles is far smaller than you would like people to think, especially given your attitude, which leads me to believe you probably have a couple Imperial Officer uniforms in your closet.

Your rank bars and code cylinders would look good on my trophy belt.
>>
>>9268161

Call ahead, ask if they're cool with it. You may very well be able to work something out with the theater's management for you and some of your garrison buddies to be photo op whores on opening night in exchange for tickets on the down-low.
>>
Seeing all this 501st stuff makes me feel bad for even applying to be one of the few australian Kylo's. Then again I would not mind being the only NSW kylo means lots of people seeing the effort I have put into my costume.
>>
>>9268418

I overheat in my Kylo robes in the middle of winter a few degrees short of the arctic circle, I wish you all the fucking best and I hope your garrison buddies keep a whole flat of water on hand just for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (663KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
663KB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>9268161
For TFA I wore my Revan mask with no problems. I took it off as I actually entered the theater just to prevent any problems, but it worked out smooth for waiting in line and afterwards.
>>
>>9268942
Thanks for the good wishes! Got to troop with my hux at a local kmart opening and the amount of times I got called vader was astounding.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.