[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idol Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 119

File: B4i1YTuCcAErEfo.png (708KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
B4i1YTuCcAErEfo.png
708KB, 600x584px
New Idol thread since last one maxed out.

> What idol groups (anime or irl) do you like?
> Cosplay plans?
> Storebought or self-sewn?
> Best cosplay dance groups?

Also reminder that 11.11 is coming up, any big group orders?
>>
File: LL Ref.jpg (86KB, 675x960px) Image search: [Google]
LL Ref.jpg
86KB, 675x960px
Additional questions:

> What's your local idol scene like?
> Do you cosplay by best girl/guy, or by proportions?
> Biggest annoyance?
>>
>>9249461
>Cosplay plans?

Since Christmas is arriving, me and my friends ordered the Christmas Carols outfits from Love Live. Only two characters missing so I'm happy about the group
>>
File: Nana.jpg (2MB, 4000x3046px) Image search: [Google]
Nana.jpg
2MB, 4000x3046px
Finally starting on Nana's SSr outfit whch I have been planning since forever. And I'm going to make her Christmas outfit at the same time since they use almost the exact same pattern
>>
>>9249567
That's smart, anon. Show us your progress later, I'd love to see how it turns out!
>>
File: 1462213622490.jpg (519KB, 2048x981px) Image search: [Google]
1462213622490.jpg
519KB, 2048x981px
>>9249567
Adorable, please post pics when you've finished!

Also I have a general question: How important do you consider footwear for the idol costume? Pic attached was criticized for poor shoe choice, but since the original set had no shoes, what would be appropriate? Conversely, for super specific detailed shoes like the wedding set from OP or the starry shoes from the Christmas Nana, would similar shoes be okay?
>>
File: IMG_7571.jpg (383KB, 1600x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7571.jpg
383KB, 1600x670px
Can anyone recommend a seller for the default Deresute outfit? I know Ascos on Taobao has one, but I'm 5'6 and it looks short on people shorter than me. I usually make all my costumes so I'm a bit lost.
>>
>>9250275
I think only the huge clear plastic stripper heels were criticized, the rest look fine.
>>
>>9250275
>How important do you consider footwear for the idol costume?
As long as they match (both the outfit and the group, if applicable), I'm fine.
I'm guilty of wearing inaccurate shoes because fuck spending $60 on shoes for one cosplay.
>>
>>9250275
>>9250293
for things with no canon shoes like the white day set, just nice shoes in matching colors work.
boot covers are a thing as well and are fairly simple to make/decorate. that way you don't have to keep spending money on different shoes that you'll wear just a couple of times too.
>>
File: boot.jpg (163KB, 502x324px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
163KB, 502x324px
>>9250321
I don't really like using boot covers, depending on what the end result needs to look like.
I did them for Fruits Maki on a pair of boots I didn't want to ruin so I used velcro to attach them, but it made the boots look bulky as hell (pic related)

Are there any other ways to do reusable boot covers that look better?
>>
>>9250293
>>9250321
>>9250330

Personally I'm looking at the Love Live valentines set idolized, because those boots are way too much money. I'm trying to figure out a way to customize my own and have it still look okay, or if I should just give in and splurge. Are cosplay boots even quality?
>>
File: 519808-01.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
519808-01.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>9250275
My friend wore pic related in either white or purple for that set and they looked alright. When there's no canon shoes I think simple shoes are fine if they match the outfit colours and motifs. I also think inaccurate shoes can be okay as long as you try to embellish them to the same level as the outfits, like by adding ribbons and trims.
>>
>>9250275
>Moose set
>Sunshine

what did they mean by this?
>>
File: 1478406877207.jpg (171KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1478406877207.jpg
171KB, 1200x1800px
>>
>>9251188
Something about the face bothers me. The smile looks really unnatural.
>>
>>9251193
It does. They might've edited it to make it look more like that curved anime smile.
>>
>>9251194
>might've
that looks liquified to hell and back.
She looks like a frog.
>>
Anyone nabbing costumes for 11/11 on taobao??

Reviews when people get them please?
>>
>>9251547
I'm getting ascos unidolised Chrismas Hanayo set. I don't mind reviewing it when it arrives.
>>
File: 480px-NaoMaid (1).jpg (158KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
480px-NaoMaid (1).jpg
158KB, 480x600px
Do you guys think it's okay to get a wig darker than the character's if your complexion will match it better? I have dark, thick black eyebrows that looks pretty shitty when colored over and my skin is pretty tan, but i still want to cosplay pic related.
>>
>>9251650
I think it would be fine if it's a few shades darker. But since Nao's hair is an ashy brown it's actually quite flattering for deeper skin tones. Maybe try getting some ash brown brow mascara? I know a lot of korean brands make them.
>>
>>9251547
Getting the unidolized constellation Maki set. I can give it a short review once it arrives if you want.
>>
File: nicoboots.png (573KB, 596x399px) Image search: [Google]
nicoboots.png
573KB, 596x399px
>>9250452
The Ascosing ones look so nice and were comfortable according to my friend.

I found this kid that made this. It's sort of shitty but it's a good base to start off of. pic related is how they sort of turned out.
http:((//)ryusenka-cosplay.tumblr.com(/)(tagged/)(9-muse-group/)
>>
File: 20161111_124738.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_124738.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
I know it's not cosplay related.

But would you guys buy stickers or charms of the N girls? Some of them have super cute outfits and I thought it'd be cute to make stuff of the matching set cards and/or couple ones like Coco and Yuri.
>>
>>9252028
I think you should, there's some people who'd love to see it.
Just don't invest in a ton of merch.
>>
What are the best Taobao shops for idol stuff? It seems there's a bit of hierarchy from what I've seen on the idol threads, but I don't know what shops are better than the others.
>>
>>9252065

Everyone has different opinions on those mentioned, like nekocos, Ascos, T-cos, vivikaka, lion and cat and so on. Whereas one may make one which is fantastic for one set, another may be lacking and be done better by another. Sometimes they just make piles of steaming shit. You have to shop around and be willing to wait for each one to bring out their version, and look for those who do custom sizing if you require it.
>>
anyone have a favorite taobao shop for the love live devil set?
>>
>>9252028
Only if you did them in small sets cos people might not actually recognise them.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 600x480px
I can't even begin to think about making Hanayo's orange outfit... Does anyone know how she made hers? And is it durable?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478901812116.jpg (97KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478901812116.jpg
97KB, 1200x800px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478901814017.jpg (67KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478901814017.jpg
67KB, 800x1200px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478901819102.jpg (75KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478901819102.jpg
75KB, 800x1200px
>>
>>9252292
I'm guessing she started off with some kind of a frame (pipe? wire? idk), a layer of thin foam over it, and then fabric over the top.

A quick google search lead me to this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Foam-Sphere I guess that would be just foam without a wire frame.

There's also a million paper mache tutorials around. While it certainly is the easiest method (you can use an exercise ball as your template) it won't hold up for shit at a con. One person bumps into you and you'll crumple into nothing.
>>
Is it possible to buy the Love Live scallop trim or fabric from cosplay shops? Or will they not sell individual pieces like that?
>>
>>9249467
Fucking hell those numbers are insane. All their waists are 23" or less.
>>
>>9256480
They're anime idol characters. Japan always run their characters measurements on the smaller side.
>>
>>9256147
I found some fabric on taobao once, Nekocos I think. Never found the scallops but there was an anon on here who took comissions for laser cutting them!
>>
Anyone doing or planning anymore spoonflower prints? I miss the anons who used to do that
>>
>>9256147
Someone on etsy laser cuts the trim and I think they're a seagull
>>
>>9256684
>>9256819
Sadly her shop isn't open anymore...at least it wasn't the last time I looked. I'll check out nekocos though, thank you both!
>>
>>9256480
Oh wow I never noticed until you pointed that out. I'm sure these don't match their seiyuu, where do these measurements come from?
>>
>>9256480
>>9256903
is this your first anime
>>
Kind of retarded question but has anyone seen some good quality versions of idolized fruit stand cosplays floating around? Some friends and I wanna do a Printemps group with them but I can't find anything decent anywhere, surprisingly enough.
>>
>>9256480
Not really, they're just slim asian girls. I'm a cm or two taller than eli but other than that I have the same measurements; it's not that out of the ordinary.
>>
>>9256480
Are you fat or "big boned"?
>>
>>9258340
Found the ana-chan.
>>
>>9258368
23"-24" waist isn't as small as you think it is, anon. Short, slim girls can easily have a waist that size without looking like a skeleton.
>>
>>9258432
>>9257364
agree

our waists are in proportion to our bodies

anon is just triggered
>>
>>9256480
>>9257364
>>9258432
It's not even that bad for way taller people, i'm 15cm taller than eli and my waist is 24" . . .
>>
>>9256480
Not really. Pretty normal for Japanese women to have a waist that size, so under 16's makes perfect sense.
>>
File: image.png (112KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112KB, 512x720px
Does anyone happen to know where to buy lace similar to the choir angels cards? Maybe my standards aren't low enough, but no matter where I look I can't find any cute snowflake lace.
>>
>>9259097
I looked everywhere and had no luck either anon, ended up buying Ascos' version because it has the right lace and they're pretty.
Plus most people end up using just random pretty lace
>>
>>9259191
When I made Eli's version. I was having issues with my trim and ended up doing just fur trim. I know some people have gone through a company that laser cuts trim for people.
>>
>>9259196
Ohh I wanna see your Eli, anon! I bought Eli, she's just too freaking pretty in this set.
>>
>>9257277
I've seen some good cosplays floating around but not the selling listings. I don't think there are any good versions left on the market because of how old the set is.
>>
Okay I don't have a picture of it but does anyone have a name for those kimonos but they're just like a loose shawl/jacket. I recently bought one of Kotori in a con and I want to see if I can get a You one.
>>
>>9261935
You mean a Happi Coat? 5 second google didn't come up with any results so you might have to wait a bit longer for any to start releasing.
>>
>>9261935
Do you mean a Happi?

http://mspacestall.mruncit.com/all-category/new-product/march-2016/anime-happi-coat/ll-kotori-happi-coat.html
>>
>>9261962
>>9261964
Thank you so much, the name was bugging me for a while.
>>
Anyone got examples of good idol makeup on white girls? I have a really deep set eyelid that doesn't work with Asian makeup styles.
>>
Does anyone have a review of the Ascos Deresute cosplay? It looks nice on the models but I've yet to see it on anyone else.
>>
>>9250276
Lion&Cat has a pretty quality costume and the skirt is much longer than the Ascos one. I'm not sure if it's currently in stock, though.

>>9264177
I'm going to do a review when I get mine, but when I see the cosplay on my friends who have bought it, it always looks really nice and is easily one of the nicest Starry Sky Bright dresses you can buy. The only critique I have of it is that it definitely needs a petticoat. Pic related is ichigokitty as Mio in her Ascos dress, and she's wearing a petti here.
>>
>>9264026
Just look cute, man. Lashes + liner, blush, light pink lips
>>
Potentially a stupid thing to bitch about, but currently idolm@ster is gaining popularity in the UK - mostly from Love Live people switching to it.

Now, I don't mind it getting popular, but a vast majority of these people are people who were slagging off im@s and saying how they could never like it, etc.

It's bothering me so much. I feel like people are liking it because it's the in thing to do, not because they actually like it.
>>
>>9264897

Also how it's just exclusively Cinderella Girls which are probably the weaker and more watered down batch.
Give them time, they'll grow the fuck out of it and stop competing with each other for 'OMG FULL GROUP DESU' with their bought costumes. It'll just be the same three sets or a sad attempt at an Anzu in a t-shirt before they get bored of it.
>>
>>9264897
That's a little surprising considering how much older the IM@S franchise is and even the Cinderella Girls anime is a year old. I'd love to know the reasons for the popularity spike. Are people reacting negatively to Love Live Sunshine and switching camps? Is the Starlight Stage mobage getting more popular? Just boredom with using the same characters every time?
>>
>>9264966

The short answer is that LL is getting oversaturated and they experiment with other stuff after bagging out all of the other anime series first and doing a 180.
The comm for this sort of thing over here is smaller than places like the USA and when one picks it up, it spreads like herpes and you get the monstrosity we've witnessed in the last Idol thread.
There's some FB pages where people will wave around their recent pulls and positions on events and they'll buttpat each other even with shit efforts on their cosplay, but post each other on here.

And then you have the war between two ladies who sell LL merch. One did it first and the other tried to get in on her FB group to sell, the first didnt like that so the second pissed off to do it herself. I love watching them try to undercut each other and offer the service to open blind boxes because the other is doing it. They were opposite each other at Comic Con and it was fantastic to play them off against each other.
>>
>>9264966
I'm gonna cosplay from Im@s next year and I'm afraid it might give some ideas to the cringy ppl now
>>
>>9265230
holy shit same, I've noticed that more cringey people in USA are also picking it up and meanwhile I've been into IM@S for years but never cosplayed it until now
>>
I'm actually a bit sad that stores like ascos and lion&cat have started with CG cosplays. I've always loved the Im@s cosplay comm since it's a lot smaller but everyone puts a lot more effort into their cosplays since there aren't a million ready mades all over aliexpress/taobao. I almost completely stopped cosplaying Love Live since everyone just buys their cosplay, and why should I bother making one when there will be 20 others of the same cosplay at a con, when I can make a one of a kind CG outfit instead.
Nothing against bought cosplays, it's just that in the Love Live comm noone cares if you make your own cosplays anymore.

I also find people in the Love Live US FB page to be so god damn lazy. They want EVERYTHING provided. "Please give me link to this specific cosplay, it must be cheaper than 50$, must have custom sizes available and no taobao please I don't read chinese."
>>
>>9265369
That's the one thing that bothers me about the group. Like 90+% is all bought costumes. It's once in a blue moon you see an actual hand made costume.
>>
>>9265369
>20 others of the same cosplay at a con
There's a ton of untapped outfits in LL, though. You'd only deal with 20 of the same if it was some basic bitch outfit, like Bokura or the main uniform.
People branched out a little and now there's a lot of China Dress and Cyber, but there's /still/ sets that people rarely do.

And there's always going to be an appreciation for a well-made cosplay, regardless of the community.

You guys let people ruin your fun.
>>
>>9265369
>>9265383
I'm the same, I'm tired of the flood of taobao cosplays. Not just in LL but everywhere else too.

I was happy to see so many reponses to the post calling for people who make thier own.
>>
>>9265414
Woops **their

>>9265369
To add to my last reply. Don't let them stop you from cosplaying something you love though.
I've taken to cosplaying the live versions now as they're much more fun to make and it's easier to stand out in the crowd of bought cosplays.
>>
>>9265412
I generally buy costumes because I'm not good at sewing but I still want to cosplay that version. I'm trying to learn by sewing more simple costumes, but I can't resist some times;;
>>
>>9265440
You're fine anon, it's okay
>>
>>9265440
Same anon. Been buying a lot recently but practicing in my (small amounts of) free time so hopefully I can make an outfit that's up to scratch sometime.

I think it's only a big issue (personally) when you buy stuff and act super elitist about it/like you should be a 'pro' or whatever, wanting to wear cute stuff you can't manage to sew yourself is fine as long as you're not a jackass about it
>>
>>9250330
Just my 2 cents, but when I buy bases to modify/cover I never plan on actually using them as shoes after. I think you can get the best results by working straight on the shoe rather than adding the dimension of having to think of how to make them usable after. That's just me though.
>>
>>9264897
I feel bad because I think I'm one of those people—been into im@s for a while and just now cosplaying from it. I'm still cosplaying from Love Live though, it's a lot more tolerable now that it's died down a bit although I was really trying to escape for a while. At least I'm not a Taobao buyer.
>>
I see Bokura and cyber named as huge draws here, but I don't even see Bokura cosplayers anymore. I mainly see:
>cyber
>china dress
>white day
>fucking cheer
>marine
>lately, devil and dancer
I would love to see literally anything else at a con. I really enjoy seeing the earlier cards.
>>
>>9265519
I just said Bokura because I remember when all LL cosplayers at conventions wore just that (or the uniform).
There's still 1 or 2 per con though.
>>
>>9265519
To be honest, almost all the sets between Cyber and Little Devil I didn't like. They were often too cluttered or my gav girl got some weird outfit
>>
>>9265781
Same here, which is why I mentioned earlier sets. Wonderful Rush, the January furisode, the flower set, Snowy Mountain, any of the job cards other than police Kotori, the old halloween set, and even a ton of unidolized ones like the second Valentine's set, fruit, and cafe maid are all easy on the eyes unlike a lot of recent sets but still are rarely cosplayed compared to the popular ones. That said, I have no taste.
>>
>>9266051
>the January furisode
Now there's a beautiful one that no one ever cosplays.
>>
>>9266060
it's because it requires custom fabric or hours poured into hand painting the fabric yourself. most people aren't invested into LL enough to do either.
>>
>>9265513

What's wrong with taobao?
>>
>>9266173
Nothing desu, most of the anons in these threads/on this board are salty that people get imaginary "popularity points" for buying cosplays. It's really reminiscent of way back when people would say "well I HAND SEWED this costume without a machine!!" as if that makes them better.
>>
>>9266072
Not even that, it looks like it'd be really heavy.

I'd still be willing to put in the effort, honestly. Maybe one day.
>>
>>9265230
>>9265314
You could always do Wake Up Girls! or Girlish Number instead. No cringe there, but not much community to speak of. There's also AKB0048 and Macross Delta for the idol singing as combat weapon appeal.
>>
>>9266613
To add onto this anon, Tokyo 7th Sisters has a ton of cute cards and the music is great.
>>
File: 1514102.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1514102.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
So for Nana's hair I got two wigs in the right color, one medium length and one short. I intend to make on into a ponytail.

The Medium wig is a more silky quality than the short since the shrt one is more made for styling into boyish hairstyles.

Should i cut the longer one and turn the short one into the ponytail, or should I take wefts from the longer one and add to the short and then make the longer one into the ponytail?
>>
>>9265440

not that anon but ithink there are people there just for the fun of cosplaying and big groups are hard to coordinate (especially if only 2/9 people can sew).Ive done a few full LL groups and its just a lot of fun to take photos and spend time together.
>>
>>9267695
Even cosplaying male idols I've come across this, it's a lot easier to buy Knights or Starish costumes and have them all be the same than have the 2 or 3 group members who can sew make the costumes for the others. Sometimes you just want a shoot with all the members of a group matching and honestly, it is nice (and cheaper) as a cosplayer who makes her costumes, to just buy something occasionally.
>>
>>9267703
Yeah, its just a lot less stress overall to pull together a group without having shoots delayed for months and then have half the members drop out.

I leave the sewing to solo or pair costumes,or when I cant find a good quality version on taobao.
>>
>>9267717
I agree to an extent, but I think with for instance the Love Live fairy tale set or the flower one the cards are so different from each other that a handmade vs. bought costume wouldn't stand out. Since I sew my costumes I try to join that type of group.
>>
File: 1444080435005.jpg (448KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
1444080435005.jpg
448KB, 740x493px
Personally I'd love to see more of the Halloween set, I'll dump some sets I love but don't see too often.
>>
File: 20141004_01_01.jpg (133KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
20141004_01_01.jpg
133KB, 1500x994px
>>9268019
Would also love to see event cards cosplayed
>>
File: cos31.jpg (175KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cos31.jpg
175KB, 600x900px
>>9268022
More event
>>
>>9268024
Strangely enough I don't see much wedding, and considering Love Live! is called a "waifu" game I don't see why not
>>
>>9268029
Love this event card and Christmas sets, I wonder why you don't see it much. It's not like plaid is hard to find
>>
>>9268035
Found a NY set
>>
>>9268038
>>
>>9268039
Finishing on swimsuit just because it's such a rarity despite having 4 sets
>>
>>9267752
Oh yes I would agree on that then, just anything that requires matchng materials (eg wonderful rush, white day etc).

the animal set (with the maki unicorn)would be a good one to do
>>
File: 20160706011752!Kotori_pure_sr369.jpg (198KB, 720x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20160706011752!Kotori_pure_sr369.jpg
198KB, 720x1014px
>>9268043
>everyone having the decency to not show their flab.

Ive been eyeing this outfit on taobao but I just know id look terrible in it. I'm not a landwhale but I'm definitely not skinny enough to pull off a swimuit.
>>
File: IMG_1178.jpg (380KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1178.jpg
380KB, 2048x1365px
>>9268029
More wedding for you, anon
>>
>>9249467
Ftw Nico is taller than you..
>>
I just spent like an hour and a half trying to find a cosplayer I remember seeing that made a kunoichi set cosplay themselves. I think they were older and did the embroidery with a machine, but I can't remember any other details. If anyone knows who they are that would be great. I believe it was the Nico version but I'm no longer 100% sure.
>>
>>9249467
I really hate the lack of fucking realistic heights. Eli is 5'4" but she's not fucking 5'4" in reality, she's more like 5'9". There isn't only 4 inches of difference between all these characters despite that being the real range.
>>
>>9269162
Are you aware of how small Asians are
>>
>>9268797
This is so awkward since they're all looking in different directions
>>
>>9268144
Do it anon! I bought it from Uowo for Colossalcon and it's become my standard swimsuit now.
It's comfy and flattering on a larger figure. (For reference I'm 39,30,38 at 5'4) The little jacket/hoody is great too as it allows for extra coverage thats super cute too.

My self confidence is low as shit and I managed to not cry after seeing the photos of me and my Honoka.
>>
>>9265369
I've had people in the US fb group salty when they asked for links and I said I made it. How does this fandom make any sense?? >>9266178
Not even. It's more people salty that hard work is devalued in LL for some reason.
>>
>>9269304
>I've had people in the US fb group salty when they asked for links and I said I made it.
kek
>>
>>9269294
The uwowo one was exactly the. One I've been looking at! It's almost summer here so maybe I will, since it works as regular swimwear too.... Would you be able to take some photos of it for me? Is it the same as their stock images (I've never bought from uwowo before)
>>
File: Plzno.jpg (1MB, 1380x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Plzno.jpg
1MB, 1380x1613px
>>9269363
It's exactly the same the stock photos. Uwowo is really good for that. I've bought 3 LL cos from them and they've all been fab.
The only issue I had with the swimsuit was the bow placement. Because of my larger bust it didn't sit well. So I just unpicked it and re-secured it in a more flattering position.

I tried to edit the colour of the picture to match as closely as possible.
Added a censored & cropped version of the only photo of me that is public, (also the only one I saved lol) so you can see the accessories as I've recently moved house and they're still in storage!

The necklace I bought off a random seller on ebay.
>>
>>9269431
Looks good! Thanks anon! I'll throw that in my next order then haha, you look good! I'm thinking of finding some matching footwear hopefully.

I heard uwowo was good but the bust sizes always seem so small?? And not entirely accurate for some of their outfits but if it's swimwear it should defenitely be stretchy haha
>>
I see a lot of people searching for others joining their groups for cons in the LL USA group, but they always require you to learn 2 or more dances. Where are even all of these groups going to perform? There are like at least 5 for each con
>>
>>9269450
Usually just in a hallway. I wish it was easier to find LL cosplayers who wanted to make costumes and not try to be dancers.
>>
>>9269268
Hallshot
>>
>>9269482
This. I was going to ask how common it is to find groups that just cosplay together. I never looked but a couple of the ones I've seen seem to focus on the dances. I don't know about you guys but I'm not into LL because I want to be a turu aidoru
>>
>>9269176
Asians aren't that tiny, especially in the 21st century. I'm 5'4 and not even in the taller half of the girls in my family. At this point it's mostly a stereotype of country girls.

>>9268797
Thank you! I love the wedding shoes and fur collar.

>>9269431
!! Anon you look cute! And if you could, mind asking your Honkers friend to comment on her swimsuit quality? I've been thinking of doing either Initial Swimsuit Honoka or Nico

>>9269450
Most people in LL seem to be in it for the full idol scene, rather than the cosplay scene.
>>9269052
Only Ninja Nico I have
>>
>>9269601
Going to dump some more uncommon LL cosplay and then some other idols because this thread is quickly becoming just LL
>>
File: untitled_by_nlghtmal2e-d8z7ph0.jpg (195KB, 730x1094px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_by_nlghtmal2e-d8z7ph0.jpg
195KB, 730x1094px
>>9269604
More New Years!
>>
>>9269605
Dancer set
>>
>>9269606
Promo Halloween Eli (apparently her fig is fantastic quality too for Eli fans)
>>
>>9269607
Now for some IM@S
>>
>>9269608
>>
>>9269610
>>
File: tumblr_muh408uVjC1saxnfeo1_500.jpg (208KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muh408uVjC1saxnfeo1_500.jpg
208KB, 500x625px
>>9269612
>>
>>9269614
Tagged Ranko on tumblr but I;m not sure
>>
>>9269615
Finishing with AKB
>>
File: d417f11f916583846bec203229994855.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
d417f11f916583846bec203229994855.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
>>9269617
>>
>>9269606
I like the trim on this, better than that cheap-looking trim that the usual Taobao versions have
>>
>>9269606
>>9269631
**on the veil

>>9269610
Is it me or does the girl second-from-the-right have an abnormally small face?
>>
>>9269445
No worries!
I think it depends on the cosplay. I also bought the unidolised Constellation & Marine Kotori's from them. Constellation was a great fit, but Marine skirt was too small. (Still managed to squeeze into it for the sake of my friend doing Maki but it was bloody uncomfortable lol)
We were meant to have a Honoka for Marine too but her cosplay was tiny. As if it was labeled incorrectly. The label said it was the right size but the measurements of it made it an XS/S. So unfortunately it was unusable for her.

>>9269601
Thank you! Honestly not the reaction I was expecting, so it's greatly appreciated!
I've messaged her about it, I'll let you know what/if she says anything.
>>
>>9269309
wish I could have seen their faces desu
>>
>>9267689
Hmm, I would make the short one into the ponytail, just seems like less hassle and having a rough front looks way weirder than a spikier back.
>>
>>9269431
You look adorable, anon! It's a very flattering outfit, and it's awesome that you can wear it as a regular swimsuit too. Kinda want this cos now lol
>>
Do you guys have suggestions for LL costume sets that rarely do get cosplayed?
>>
File: tumblr_of36vl4AOr1vffc14o7_1280.jpg (564KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of36vl4AOr1vffc14o7_1280.jpg
564KB, 1280x900px
>>9271478
Never seen these cosplayed weirdly. Maybe because they aren't mass produced?
>>
File: IMG_20161129_224510.jpg (3MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_224510.jpg
3MB, 1564x1564px
>>9271478
These are some that doesn't get enough love

Taisho Romance
Snowy Mountain
Summer Festival
Fairytale (except for Nozomi)
Flower dresses
Baseball
Ninja
7 lucky gods
Valentine 2.0
>>
>>9271509
I hated those outfits at first. But then the final live happened and now I'm desperate to cosplay then!
>>
>>9271517
Oh there are some good ones. To be fair, baseball/snowy mountain/first yukata set tend to be rather unpopular, while SLG/Taisho/Flower set are pretty annoying to make yourself due to the fabric patterns. I do love Taisho though, thinking of adding it to next year's plans.

>>9271509
>>9271519
Those outfits were actually quite popular while the anime was first airing. It was after the game got really big and young teens started almost exclusively buying from ebay that they faded out. By that time a lot of the cosplays was game rather than anime material.
>>
>>9271596
Just realized that I totally mixed up the outfits, oops. But yeah, they're relatively simple (and easy to mess up bc similar color schemes) and not that appealing to the eye as some of the idol outfits in game, so the younger cosplay crowd doesn't really care for them.

> Have an initial LL! Cos
>>
File: YazawaNico_takaramonozu_Yuka_274.jpg (129KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
YazawaNico_takaramonozu_Yuka_274.jpg
129KB, 853x1280px
Question for you guys: I want to do Nico but am not flat. What types of binding would you recommend, especially something I could fit under a tank top?
>>
>>9271827
Just a sports bra (possibly layering two) should be fine. You shouldn't need to mess with a proper binder.
>>
>>9271596
CHRIST these mouths are the worst. Why do asian cospalyers make their mouths like that it's so fucking hideous
>>
>>9272285
But it's so anime!!!!!!!!!!!! Sugoi!!! Kawaii!!!
>>
File: School-Idol-Project-Cosplay04.jpg (73KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
School-Idol-Project-Cosplay04.jpg
73KB, 800x533px
>>9271850
Alright, thank you! I might need to buy a better sports bra
>>
>>9269294
You were honoka, or were you a kotoriat colossal 2016? If you were in a bathing suit I might have your photo
>>
>>9272285
Because small/thin lips are considered cute in asia?

Also when asians smile showing their teeth it makes their eyes look smaller.I do the exact same thing so I think its understandable theyre all smiling like that.

Tho I do admit it looks a bit creepy
>>
>>9272733
>>9272285

Giving wide grins/open mouth laughter style of expressions are considered very ugly in southeast Asian countries. My aunt calls it a "donkey's laughter". It's attributed to crudeness.
>>
>>9271517
Valentines V2 and Taisho Romance Full Groups would be the dream! Not a big a fan of other cards like march or baseball but here's a fairytale Eli
>>
I really need to see any cosplay of yoshiko's halloween outfit....
>>
>>9272733
>>9272879
no no no. it's not about the thinness of the lips or the lack of smile. It's how fucking LONG their mouths are, like the joker, it can't be natural!
look at nico for example. Is it because she shooped the rest rest of her face thinner that her mouth takes up like 90% of the width? Couldn't the shoop their mouths more narrow as well? Nozomi, Kotori and Maki also have weird shit going on with their mouths, especially in the corners.
>>
>>9273175
I think someone posted some time ago a WIP pic.. I dont have it saved though
>>
File: 123.jpg (24KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
24KB, 320x312px
>>9272733
>>9272879
Honestly? Honky girls just look like that. The photographer's webpage is in Hong Kong. It's also common throughout the Canton region. Big protruding mouths with large teeth and overbites. See the 3 on the right? They're forcing their mouths closed in a thin-lipped smile to cover their protruding teeth. Their mouths are just naturally big. Also see Nozomi, she's clearly hiding her rounder face by gluing her wig to her face. You can see she's actually quite fat by looking at her thighs. It's a common Asian cosplayer trick. So a mouth that would normally be proportional on larger face looks big. Pic related is what their faces would look like from the side. Go to Hong Kong and you'll see it a lot.

It's not a stylistic choice. They really look like this.
>>
Here again since I accidently posted it in another thread:

What is a good Yume no Tobira outfit supposed to look like? I'm especially interested in opinions towards the main dress itself.

I went throught alot of pictures of selfmade and bought costumes and felt like these costumes almost always look tacky as hell. Bought ones seem like they tend to use lots of cheap costume-ish satin while many selfmade ones look like they're made of old bed sheets.

Where does the original fall to? Is it supposed to be more shiny (therefore good quality satin a legit choice) or rather dull like polyester or cotton?
>>
>>9273365
Don't use cotton... It's a nice dress. Nice dresses are usually a quality satin or other special occasion fabric. You can get dull satin, not all satin is shiny. If you are that much of a fabric snob use silk.
>>
>>9273365
Duchess satin.

It's a matte satin (also goes by bridal satin)

That makes an idea base for it, imo.

It terms of the overlay - chiffon?
>>
>>9273365
>>9273393
You can use a Cotton sateen. It is easy to work with and have a nice sheen to it.

Most ideal would be nice silk, not too lightweight but not thai silk. Bridal silks are the absolute best but they will also cost you a lot

or as anon mentioned here >>9273400
Duchess satin, bridal satin or Case satin. My local shops also have a Micro satin that is matte and flowy and absolutely lovely to work with
>>
I see so much love live and idol m@ster.
Any Aikatsu fans here??
Me and some friends are planning to do some next year for cosplay
>>
>>9273441
I wouldn't use sateen and I love it. It's my favorite fabric. It's not appropriate for this outfit.
>>
>>9273466

I tried with this series, I really did but it just came across as too childish (later found out it is in fact aimed at children) and repetitive. Given how it has an obscene amount of episodes I just can't commit.
>>
>>9273365

Im planning to make this dress also, and I'll be using duchess satin because it's got the body and the dogs bollocks to not look like a limp piece of shit.
I feel as though the tailoring is what will make or break this costume. I've got some sort of chiffon in the colours I need and I can remember exactly what its like to cut this stuff, go very carefully otherwise it ends up looking wonky. I had to recut a whole skirt once because the fabric shifted as I cut it and the hem was longer on one side.
>>
>>9273487
It depends a lot on the quality of the sateen. My local shop carry this gorgeous cotton sateen, which is more expensive than their regular one, but the fabric is very soft and flowy and have this gorgeous sheen to it. It could definitely work for the Yume no Tobira outfits.

What's most important for the Yume no Tobira outfits are to get a fabric that isn't too stiff
>>
>>9273466

If you're going to do it make sure your fabrics are accurate. I die a little inside whenever I see bought costumes with shoddy fabric choices.
>>
>>9273493
This! I really tried to watch both Aikatsu and PriPara, but I hated that it was so obviously aimed for kids, and the whole card system just threw me off
>>
>>9273501

I actually counted episodes before the obligatory episode where protag puts on weight (13 in case you're curious) and magically loses it by the end of the ep.
Its so predictable and so many of the costumes give me flashbacks to Ita threads.
>>
>>9273503
why are you so triggered by a kids show character gaining weight
>>
>>9273496
Tip for cutting slippery fabrics - lay out a piece of calico or similar fabric underneath it. The calico will grip the slippery fabric in place, and it won't move about nearly as much.
>>
>>9273501
I considered PriPara but the episode count was just too daunting.

But yeah thirding that I could not get into Aikatsu. I like when LL has the episodes about costume designing or shows Kotori making something, so the card system just kind of offended me.
>>
>>9273466
I'm into Aikatsu a lot. Are you east coast by any chance, anon?
I like Pripara but it has very inconsistent quality in my opinion. What can before it, the Pretty Rhythm series, is something I think you gulls would like for a idol series with character depth. Rainbow Live is my favorite, and the most popular currently, though Aurora Dream is also good once you get into it. Honestly the complex characters and relationships from Pretty Rhythm is one of the things I miss most with the transition to Pripara.
>>
>>9273510

It's not so much that, just the repetition of the theme. Love live did it, the idolmaster movie did it. In idol series it's become a meme like how you will always get that beach episode.
>>
>>9273547
Considering being skinny is really important as an idol I don't know why you see an issue with it. It's like if you were watching an anime about models and got annoyed everytime they were told to drop weight. Beach episodes arent as important to being an idol as having a small waist is.
>>
>>9273555

Maybe anon would just rather have an ep about something else with character development instead of pointless and unrealistic filler? Think about it, if they practice and exercise as much as they show in LL, putting on weight isn't something that would be as much of an issue.

Maybe you like it because it makes your fee-fees better because you're a landwhale?
>>
>>9273563
I like it because, while the losing weight by the end of the episode is unrealistic, it is a realistic thing to be brought up and for the girls to be concerned about. Of course I'd rather they take the Izumi Sena route and count their calories consistently instead of binging and then working out for one episode but girl idols need to be cute to appeal to otakus and it seems like eating too much cake or rice and then running for an episode is cute in their minds.
>>
>>9273566

That actually sounds a lot more preferential to me - it's probably the lack of realism in it that has got me wound up. Having been the one on the end of trying to lose the weight; it isnt glamorous, it isnt cute, and it sort of cheapens the act of getting your act together. Part of me also worries that for younger girls its making it look so easy, and it isn't. By not looking after yourself there are massive consequences sometimes.
>>
>>9273365
As long as you get the colors right, I don't care. Most Eli, Umi and Rin dresses are super dark when they shouldnt be and it bothers me so much...
>>
File: 1478698269508.png (570KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
1478698269508.png
570KB, 600x595px
>>
File: yume no.jpg (100KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
yume no.jpg
100KB, 960x639px
Here's a photo with a variety of bought ones, and one self made (Kotori).
I've got to agree with others who are bothered by the colours, they were delicate pastels on the overlay and the bought ones in comparison are just too vibrant.
Rin and Umi's base dress look too matte next to Eli, so I think there should be a bit of shine to the dress. I'd recommend photographing fabrics before buying to see how they look if you're not purchasing online.
The Eli/Umi/Rin trio get the rawest deal when people cosplay them because the overlayer always comes out in a very stark white when there is a gradient to those.
If you're going down the route of Maki/Nico/Honk then be careful not to have a base dress which is too blue like theyre depicted here. If you get the colours sorted out it'll all be downhill
>>
>>9273512

Yeah, I ended up using a rug on the ground to help stabilise it whereas I was using a wooden table before. I even jabbed in brand new pins downward to help out because I didnt have any fabric going at the time to put under it - I'm going to stock up on calico for more mock ups and try to keep some handy for when I do something like this again.
It wont be too long before I do because I'm also looking to make a Yume no Tobira costume. I bought one and wasn't too happy with it; specifically the colours bothered me even though the dress and accessories were fine
>>
>>9273295
yeah Im the first anon you replied to and im from a HK background and I do the exact same thing.

Which is why i pointed it out. Either way people will say we're ugly so might as well cosplay in a way where you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>9273518
Only the first few seasons are worth watching. I would recommend watching maybe the first 26 or so as a stand-alone show. I'm a huge fan but the quality rapidly declined in later episodes.

>>9273529
I agree, always wish Pretty Rhythm had more outfits that appealed to me.
>>
File: Mikucdsrareplus (1).jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mikucdsrareplus (1).jpg
99KB, 640x800px
What is going on with the jacket here? Is it an off shoulder model or is she just notcwearing it properly
>>
>>9274206
Also the white underskirt looks too long imo, or the blue dress is too short. Looks weird.
>>
>>9274206
Yeah, I'd love to do Yume no Tobira but pretty much all of the bought ones look like shit. Way too bright or bad overlay.

>>9274375
Looks like it's off the shoulder.. sort of. There'd be bunching around the top if she was pulling it off or something.
Good luck with that.
>>
File: received_1538539323138348.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_1538539323138348.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
Would people be interested in me posting the Love Live concert outfits?

I've slowly collected tonnes of pictures of the different outfits to use as references myself but I'm happy to share if it's wanted.

Have Ucchi's Yume no Tobira outfit as it's currently on topic!
>>
Do you guys have any girls you mainly cosplay as? Do you have several from the same series as well?
>>
>>9274749
I'm interested
>>
>>9274753
Usually I will only cosplay one character from a series/unit and just work my way through their outfits.
>>
>>9274753

I'll admit, I get attached easily and will find it very hard to cosplay another girl. With love live I've done two of the girls because I 'fall in love' with characters slowly as I find the charm in them. But with idolmaster I've only ever done two, and one was by request. I had fun, but my main girl is too precious.
Akb0048 has me all over the place with various characters and costumes though.
>>
>>9274753
I usually have one character per series that I cosplay as. Exception is Cinderella Girls where I have 3 atm (might become more) and probably Tokyo 7th Sisters since I have 3 characters I would like to cosplay as from there.
>>
>>9274793
I recognise that feeling. I get so overprotective with my favorite girls. Especially with my CG girls since that's my favorite series. If I see someone badly cosplaying one of my top girls I get really upset inside. I know it's stupid but I want my girls to be made justice and I sectetly curse everyone who make them look bad.
>>
>>9274808
I know that feel all too well ;;
>>
>>9274749
I'd love to see concert outfits! They give me inspiration on how to personalize my own costumes.
>>9274753
Yeah, I definitely do. I usually try to stay one per series/unit but sometimes branch out depending on what outfits interest me. For example, even though I primarily cosplay one character if another has an exclusive outfit that I like I'll jump on it.
>>
>>9274753
Depends on the show. For LL, I have a main girl but plans for nearly all of them based on what outfits I like. For Deresute I have a few. For Pripara and Im@s I stick with my best girl.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_105246.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_105246.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>9274764
>>9275086
Are there any you would particularly like to see?
>>
>>9275160
>>
>>9275162
>>
>>9275162
Same one but without the filters
>>
File: CtUvRwdUsAAPGhZ.jpg (139KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CtUvRwdUsAAPGhZ.jpg
139KB, 1200x675px
>>9275166
>>
File: CtUvQTTUsAQ3BDl.jpg (157KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CtUvQTTUsAQ3BDl.jpg
157KB, 1200x675px
>>9275173
>>
File: CtUvO3TUsAAqdkt.jpg (152KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CtUvO3TUsAAqdkt.jpg
152KB, 1200x675px
>>9275174
>>
File: IMG_20160929_195153.jpg (145KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_195153.jpg
145KB, 960x1280px
>>9275176
>>
>>9275179
I'll post more later.
>>
>>9273529
Fraid not, Im from the uk. I have a friend whos really into Pripara to, she even cosplays it.
>>
>>9275366
Uk Pripara/Aikatsu cosplayers? Was she Lala last mcm?
>>
>>9275160
>>9275166

I love their stage dresses.

>>9275164

I dunno why, but I could watch this all day. So much fluff in her skirt. Do you have a full shot of pile in her outfit?
>>
File: ila_wug.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ila_wug.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
>>9275179
Love these costumes irl, the tackiness of the sequins really brings it together for me

will also post some irl idol designs
>>
File: tn_sp_iketeruhearts.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tn_sp_iketeruhearts.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>9275649
>>
>>9275653
not akb girl wearing akb design but also not cosplaying anyone in particular
>>
File: AKB48 Wallpaper HD 2.jpg (442KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
AKB48 Wallpaper HD 2.jpg
442KB, 1600x900px
>>9275656
Reminder that even major groups like AKB can look like they just got their outfits from bodyline
>>
>>9275657
>>
File: knkwkk.jpg (25KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
knkwkk.jpg
25KB, 400x224px
Few weeks ago I entered in a LoveLive! Sunshine cosplay group, they intend to dance in the upcoming cons (they start at january).
Sadly I have no rythm at all, and no dancing experience. I've been trying to practice the dance (we'll be doing "kimi no kokoro wa kagayaiteru kai?") without any luck, I'm like a fish that has left the water.
Thought to start with easier dances, or something. Any tip?
>>
>>9275786
Practice in front of the mirror, practice with your group, film yourself and watch it back and practice again. Talk to someone who has dance experience. Even if you just practice little bits of it at a time you're sure to improve, good luck anon
>>
What Facebook groups would you guys recommend joining for idol cosplay? I want to find more people that I could potentially do groups with. I'm mostly interested in Idolmaster and Love Live if that helps.
>>
>>9275847
Seconding this! I only find US based groups, are there any international ones? Eurotrash here
>>
>>9275786
Not the other anon who replied to you but work on your flexibility as well. It'll help make your movements look less like flailing.
>>
>>9275786
Filming yourself is a great piece of advice! I also recommend learning the steps for the feet first and then adding in the arms afterwards. It takes a bit longer but it is a lot less overwhelming than trying to do both at the same time.
>>
>>9275861
Any tip on how can I archive more flexibility?

>>9275874
>>9275855
Thanks for the tips! I'll try to dance in front of a mirror or film myself next time.
>>
>>9275847
I feel like we could have threads for people looking to complete cosplay groups. Doesn't have to be love live specifically.
>>
>>9275370
Yeah she did do lala last mcm for saturday
>>
>>9269294
>>9269363

I can't seem to find that version of birb's swimsuit. Only one I found was pic related. Care to post your sauce?
>>
Only kinda related, but I don't want to go to /jp/ to ask. I noticed I hadn't seen much from one of my favorite male idols recently and checked his blog. Rough translation was "I'm 35 now so I'm retiring, thanks for the support." Is this pretty much required for all idols? I feel like the cutoff for female idols is much lower at 25 maybe.
>>
>>9273466
I tried to watch Aikatsu but as one anon brought up, I was thrown off by the card system. It didn't make sense that something as mundane as clothes required hologram generation when they can have just as easily just changed backstage.

On another note, worldwide Love Live elections.
https://bvc.bandaivisual.co.jp/enquete/189/1/

There's 9 countries, and each country gets one Aqours to represent them. Vote for which one should.
>>
>>9274749
Hey anon, do ou have nanjolno's?
>>
File: Aikatsu_PizzaHut_1920.jpg (2MB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Aikatsu_PizzaHut_1920.jpg
2MB, 1920x1050px
I don't like Aikatsu, but I want to make on of the Pizza Hut outfits. They are just so gloriosly awful looking. I love how tacky they are
>>
>>9276450
>I tried to watch Aikatsu but as one anon brought up, I was thrown off by the card system. It didn't make sense that something as mundane as clothes required hologram generation when they can have just as easily just changed backstage.

It's because Aikatsu & PriPara are adverts for the arcade games that they're based off.
>>
>>9276101
Yeah, basically. AFAIK the taboo/rules against dating isn't as strong for male idols, which might be a reason they retire later, in addition to the 'christmas cake' mentality about women. Either way a lot of idols take a few years off and come back with a solo career in music or entertainment, something in the field but much less image-focused.
>>
I wish the Aqours outfits got more love from Taobao. Some cards have been released for a while but the newer Muse cards get listings way faster than them.
>>
>>9277010
Look at Logfi/Dcosplay. They list a decent amount of aqours outfits already, they're the only ones I've seen who are consistently making Sunshine outfits. https://hhcos.world.taobao.com/category-1191310885.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4010-15244289033.46.YQ14Q7&search=y&catName=Love+live%A3%A1+sunshine#bd
>>
>>9274206
Our group just plans in advance and orders them from the same seller. Of course, coordinating 9 people is near impossible, we only have a group of 3.
>>
>>9277095

Oh I don't have an issue with them being from different places, I've co-ordinated taobao orders for a full 9 before, I just wanted to show OP a visual on some things that do and dont work for a costume. When I make costumes some things sound nice in theory, but when I go to make it I can sometimes decide that what I thought looked nice is in fact a very bad idea.
Best of luck finding more people though for your group!
>>
>>9276101
Basically, it's not set in stone per se but it's a cultural pressure to retire as an idol to preserve the whole "youthful pure idol" image. Guys get away with it longer than girls because for some idol groups the rugged look is part of the appeal, whereas for female idol groups it's almost always about cuteness with "subtle" eroticism.

>>9276743
That's horrible and fantastic at once, thank you anon.
>>
File: lovelivecoco.jpg (75KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
lovelivecoco.jpg
75KB, 600x315px
>>9276743
Reminds me of the Love Live Coco's promo. But more tacky.
>>
>>9277186
I appreciate how bright that Rin's tattoo is
>>
>>9277192
I'd love to cosplay the Coco outfits but I'm not sure how many people would recognize it
>>
>>9277216
Right? Good to know for anyone wanting to buy that set in the future.

>>9277192
>>9277217
Hey, I love those outfits! Beige/brown is the best color combo, not too sure about yellow though. Anon if you can do it, I'd love to see pics! Besides, LL! is popular enough that people cosplay non-canon outfits and are still recognizable
>>
>>9277231
Those shoes look massive on her
>>
>>9277360
Hater
>>
File: Screenshot_20161205-111331.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161205-111331.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>9275647
>>9276633
Sorry but I've posted all the YnT pics I have. I'll post more when/if I find them though.

>>9275649
I adore them! I'm currently trying to source the materials so I can make it myself.

>>9276095
Doesn't look like Uwowo have it anymore on their Aliexpress. It won't even let me get a link on the app. Sorry anon, good luck on your search!
>>
>>9277714
Anyway, have more Mogyutto live outfits. I have lots of cute gifs of the girls too I will post!
>>
>>9277717
>>
>>9277720
>>
>>9277721
>>
>>9277723
>>
>>9277724
>>
>>9277726
>>
>>9277727
>>
>>9277728
>>
File: IMG_20160929_195145.jpg (119KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_195145.jpg
119KB, 960x1280px
>>9277729
>>
>>9277735
>>
File: 20161205_121517.png (551KB, 480x672px) Image search: [Google]
20161205_121517.png
551KB, 480x672px
I pulled Taisho Roman Eli today and the brightness of these colours is warming my heart. I've fallen out of productivity in cosplay for half a year now due to school, but I'm getting ready to start up again... IF I find something worth doing and commuting to. I'm a mix of picky, nervous and pessimistic.

I really like this outfit and Eli is my best girl. My worry is however that I'm a brunette. I've coloured my eyebrows white before, but that's meant to look super anime and shit. Is it possible to pull of a fake blonde without looking like shit?

This is such a basic ass question, I'm just scared of making a stunning outfit but looking like a shitcaked butterface.
>>
File: received_1538539683138312.jpg (75KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_1538539683138312.jpg
75KB, 600x800px
>>9277737
>>
>>9277742
>>
>>9277748
>>
>>9277749
>>
>>9277750
>>
File: tumblr_o4ol578YHo1v9vtevo4_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ol578YHo1v9vtevo4_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>9277752
>>
File: tumblr_o4ol578YHo1v9vtevo1_500.gif (822KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ol578YHo1v9vtevo1_500.gif
822KB, 500x281px
>>9277753
>>
>>9277754
>>
>>9277755
>>
>>9277756
>>
>>9277757
>>
>>9277758
>>
>>9277759
>>
>>9277760
>>
>>9277763
>>
>>9277765
>>
>>9277766
>>
>>9277767
>>
File: received_1589198011405812.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_1589198011405812.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>9277768
>>
File: tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio5_1280.jpg (750KB, 1280x1888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio5_1280.jpg
750KB, 1280x1888px
>>9277770
>>
File: tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio1_1280.jpg (690KB, 1280x1888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio1_1280.jpg
690KB, 1280x1888px
>>9277771
>>
File: tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio2_1280.jpg (628KB, 1280x1888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio2_1280.jpg
628KB, 1280x1888px
>>9277772
>>
File: tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio3_1280.jpg (683KB, 1280x1888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio3_1280.jpg
683KB, 1280x1888px
>>9277774
>>
File: tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio4_1280.jpg (871KB, 1280x1888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na16baZHr51s6kajio4_1280.jpg
871KB, 1280x1888px
>>9277775
Last one for now. I'll probably put the rest onto dropbox or something for the rest as I have a LOT of refs for Sunny Day Song and Kira Kira and posting them all will just kill the thread.
>>
>>9277759
What the fuck are these made out of? Been wondering since I first saw them.
>>
>>9277739
For blonde hair, you'd want to have light brown eyebrows, or just a light color in general. Don't do yellow, it looks really bad.

Good luck with the outfit, though!
>>
>>9277876
I've had packages with really strong sheets of bubble wrap that look like that. They're ridiculously sturdy and don't pop as easily as your usual bubble wrap. I've always figured it's made of that.

I do wonder how the closure works at the back of the dress, though.
>>
>>9277876
>>9277894
I have no idea but I really want to make Kussun's.
>>
>>9277192
These could easily advertise cocopops, just saiyan
>>
File: image.jpg (794KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
794KB, 2048x1536px
There is a new idol group forming in the uk at the moment for love live, the girls are cute apart from the Eli... The best picture they posted of her was with half her face covered LOL.
>>
>>9279267
>red lipstick for uniform eli

my sides
>>
>>9279267
Have they got a full group?
>>
>>9279267

>LOL

Get out. Or at least try to conceal your raging vendetta.
>>
>>9279267
What group is this?

Also get the distinct scent of vendetta from this
>>
>>9279323

Summer wing. They haven't even done anything yet so hardly worth ripping them to shreds yet. Just sounds like someone is buttmad or should dial back the sodium.
>>
>>9279317
Sorry you got posted, anon chan.
>>
>>9279335
Looks like they haven't even got all their member profiles up yet?
>>
>>9279267
>>9279323
Went with my gut and followed the adverts for Nozomi - it's summer wing.

They literally have two shots of the Elichi, one is this and the other is her pulling an unfortunate face. So hardly the only good one out of a bunch.

And at least she used character shots; their Honks has only 1 of herself as Honks and their hanayo doesn't have a single one of herself as hanners.

Vendetta confirmed
>>
>>9279339

It's not me, but I know a salty cunt when I see one. Give them a Fucking break and let us see what they can do.
>>
>>9279267
Get a better wig maybe, since that styling is atrocious!
>>
Fucking hell UK get your shit together.
>>
>>9279356
Seconded. So sick of seeing petty UK drama over groups who have done literally nothing of note.
>>
>>9279350
Her cospage is easy to find... just typed her name from the group page into fb and bingo. The back of the wig looks fine, but there's something off about the fringe. It starts really far back...

But not really worth posting still. Just the UK scene being salty as always.

Vendetta-chan probably wanted elichi.
>>
>>9279361

Eli wigs are always a task. You've got to consider skin tone and shade because the source is a yellow blonde. And then you have to get the eyebrows to look natural as mentioned above. She's the hardest one to get right.
>>
>>9279357
I think being an island really affects UK love livers. Clearly the salt is getting to their heads
>>
>>9279267

How would you know if they're all cute? They haven't been announced or posted their intros yet.
Hi Micheala.
>>
>>9274375
It looks like an off the shoulder type of thing for the reasons >>9274716 said, but I think it would translate a lot better to just make a bolero and wear it slightly off the shoulders.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 1000x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 1000x632px
Would it be bad to alter a design? I love these cards, but I'm not a big fan of the way the petticoat is colored. I want to do it where each tier is a different color rather than the colors being randomly chosen.
>>
>>9279470
I'd go for it, it's a bit of a mishmash of colours
>>
>>9276046
I would love this!
>>
>>9277739
How dark are your brows? I think as long as they aren't stark black you won't have an issue. Just make sure you pick a shade of blonde that's flattering on your skin tone.
>>
>>9279470
I don't think anyone will lynch you over what color your petti ruffles are.
>>
>>9277755
I fuckin love these outfits lolol
>>
>>9280088

Who let the sperg in?
>>
>>9277890
If there's one thing I'm confident in it's my crafting skills. Thank you for your advice!

>>9279560
My brows are safe then, they're more in the line of chestnut than black. I've ordered a wig that's worth to re-sell if this whole blonde thing still doesn't work out for me. I'll keep your advice about skin tone in mind.
>>
>>9279470
Yeah I'd just change it. As long as you keep to the general colours roughly the same I don't think anyone will comment on them not being split up exactly like the image.
>>
File: oh1EzUJ.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oh1EzUJ.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>9279470
Here anon let me help you. These were concert outfits before they were cards.
>>
>>9279544
>>9279708
>>9280201
>>9280417
Thank you all! I really appreciate it.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.